OOC (Out-of-Character) Chat

Lexielai

Cal Bear
Welcome, traveler! Here is where all out-of-character chat belongs. For immersions, clarity's, efficiency's, and my sanity's sake, please keep your out-of-character chat here. 

@Sir Jake @Yanipurr @Epiphany It looks like you three are interested, so I'd like to point out that you all need to read the rules and write character sheets for me to approve of. Other resources are available, but the roleplay is still under construction. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Massive hype.

I've been on the look out for a good star wars RP for ages, and also generally for a solid looking RP run by a capable familiar face. You fulfill all three of these, and I'm very excited to join! I'm currently unwell and not really in the right state for writing up anything good, but I'll set to work and hopefully have it up within the next two days. Small questions: firstly, are we allowed to come up with our own alien race for our character to be? Secondly, are you wanting us to PM character sheets to you first for confirmation before we post them public and proper? Thanks muchly! :D

(also I see an @Epiphany here - hello, old friend!)

@Lexielai Thanks for noticing my interest!  The effort you've put into this, unfinished as it is, already exceeds many games and has hooked my attention nicely. :)

At the moment, I'm leaning towards a Chiss diplomatic attache fallen from grace, mainly focused on social skills and cunning.  Given the expectations of the game, I'd like a day or two to let the character percolate a bit and write out something decent.  Hope that's okay!

@SkyGinge I'll always have fond memories of your game, sir.  It's a delight to see you again!  

@SkyGinge You may PM me if you have something you'd like to keep private between just us! Otherwise, posting publicly is fine. 

As for creating your own alien race, I'll obviously need specifics. Appearance, a brief history, culture, special traits, and how relevant they are in the galaxy. Note that the Empire is extremely racist and oppresses most species that are not human. 

@Proxploxtops Hey, I've taken a look at your CS. You've got a good framework. I love a true mercenary, but it's not quite up to my standards yet. Let's beef this up together. 

1) His personality, while it fits the minimum, doesn't feel very vivid. I just get this sense of "typical smuggler" from him. I can't see Rob coming to life and being this unique person. I'd like you to expand more on his personality; on his faults, weaknesses, fears, etc. that make Rob truly different. I've included some ideas you can write about in the character sheet template. If you'd like to REALLY impress me, take some ideas from my favorite guide to characters: http://www.ashami.com/rpg/

2) The year is about .5 BBY, meaning this is 19 years after the Clone Wars. Rob is listed as 22, which would have made him 3 years old during the end of the Clone Wars. You can't sign up as a volunteer pilot at three years old. Do you see the problem here?

3) Some grammatical errors. You're capitalizing some proper nouns but not others. "clone wars" should be "Clone Wars," "republic" should be "Republic," etc. etc. I expect my members to proofread and keep an eye out for simple, obvious errors like these. Please find and correct the rest of them. 

Loving that character creation link you posted - very helpful generally at inspiring character ideas, thanks for sharing and I hazard I might well return to this in my degree!

@Proxploxtops Hey, I've taken a look at your CS. You've got a good framework. I love a true mercenary, but it's not quite up to my standards yet. Let's beef this up together. 

1) His personality, while it fits the minimum, doesn't feel very vivid. I just get this sense of "typical smuggler" from him. I can't see Rob coming to life and being this unique person. I'd like you to expand more on his personality; on his faults, weaknesses, fears, etc. that make Rob truly different. I've included some ideas you can write about in the character sheet template. If you'd like to REALLY impress me, take some ideas from my favorite guide to characters: http://www.ashami.com/rpg/

2) The year is about .5 BBY, meaning this is 19 years after the Clone Wars. Rob is listed as 22, which would have made him 3 years old during the end of the Clone Wars. You can't sign up as a volunteer pilot at three years old. Do you see the problem here?

3) Some grammatical errors. You're capitalizing some proper nouns but not others. "clone wars" should be "Clone Wars," "republic" should be "Republic," etc. etc. I expect my members to proofread and keep an eye out for simple, obvious errors like these. Please find and correct the rest of them. 

Whoops, I rushed when I made it. I'll be sure to make the appropriate edits and make him seem more like a person, I'll tag you when I fix it! Thanks for the criticism :D

Two more quick questions:

1. What kind of stuff does The Traveler and its crew normally do for a living? It's mentioned in his (wonderful) CS that Atticus is a thief, but not explicitly mentioned whether the crew are outright mercenaries, general explorers or involved in the underworld. 
  2. Is there a cap on how many character's we're allowed to submit? I'm only planning on submitting the one for now, but I'm getting numerous ideas for smaller roles.

Thanks muchly!

@SkyGinge The Traveler does odd jobs. Atticus has no problems with illegal as long as it pays well. So usually transporting and smuggling of weapons, drugs, evil droid gangsters, whatever it is for the everyday.

But you are correct that Atticus is a thief, and the real big bucks come from the heists. Pirating, hijacking, things of that nature. Nobody dies usually (blasters set to stun), but they're usually robbing corrupt wealthy so he doesn't really care. And Atticus gets enough money to fit the ship with all the fancy upgrades it now has. He doesn't save any. Spends it all right away. 

@Proxploxtops Right on, I enjoy the details. I'm not really understanding clear how his friendship relates to his slyness though, since they seemed to be contradictory towards one another at first. My understanding is that he's plenty willing to act friendly, but isn't loyal enough to keep secrets or do anything for you without being paid. Implying he's not really anyone's friend except his own, and just wants to use people for their resources they can provide without returning much more than the facade he portrays. Is this correct?

There's also still grammatical errors in the capitalization department. I'd like you to fix those, please, and be more careful. I do not want to ever have to tell you about improper capitalization again; that's something I expect you to be on top of. If you're unfamiliar with which words should be properly capitalized in English, my good friend Google should help. (http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/capital.asphttp://www.gingersoftware.com/content/grammar-rules/nouns/proper-noun/)

Those are not the only errors. Take this sentence for example:  "Pulling the trigger and shooting down ankther pilot was one of the few hours he had." What does it mean to have an hour? That's not an idiom I'm familiar with. Also misspelling. 

I know I'm being pretty critical, but this is all simple grammatical stuff I expect you to have NAILED down if you're going to join. 

OH- probably should have remembered to post here. How smart of me. @Lexielai Character sheet's up for review and approval, admittedly I'm half asleep as I write this so please do let me know if I'm missing any vital details and I'll amend them asap.

@Proxploxtops Right on, I enjoy the details. I'm not really understanding clear how his friendship relates to his slyness though, since they seemed to be contradictory towards one another at first. My understanding is that he's plenty willing to act friendly, but isn't loyal enough to keep secrets or do anything for you without being paid. Implying he's not really anyone's friend except his own, and just wants to use people for their resources they can provide without returning much more than the facade he portrays. Is this correct?

There's also still grammatical errors in the capitalization department. I'd like you to fix those, please, and be more careful. I do not want to ever have to tell you about improper capitalization again; that's something I expect you to be on top of. If you're unfamiliar with which words should be properly capitalized in English, my good friend Google should help. (http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/capital.asphttp://www.gingersoftware.com/content/grammar-rules/nouns/proper-noun/)

Those are not the only errors. Take this sentence for example:  "Pulling the trigger and shooting down ankther pilot was one of the few hours he had." What does it mean to have an hour? That's not an idiom I'm familiar with. Also misspelling. 

I know I'm being pretty critical, but this is all simple grammatical stuff I expect you to have NAILED down if you're going to join. 

RIP, I blame autocorrect. Will fix. Sorry!

@BainOfBridges Hey, I've reviewed your CS. Excellent job! HK-51's search for freedom is a very noble quest indeed. You're accepted =) 

I'm assuming Atticus purchases HK-51 on Talos Prime? If so, would you mind us starting with HK being already purchased and part of the crew? Speeds things up so we don't have to go through all the filler. 

That shouldn't be a problem, ought to make things simpler. Do tell me if there're any further details you need in this regard.

@BainOfBridges Will do. Could you also do me a favor and write a short description summing up HK-51 in one paragraph? I want to expand the cast preview we have in the Overview. 

Users who are viewing this thread