OOC General Discussion

@ChoShadow Good on you for matching Faero's attitude and reasonings so well. Good job indeed. 

I will respond to the super saiyan ideas for Fae soon, btw. 

One question I have before then, though. Is in a passive situation, how would the mind of a first time super saiyan effect things? If they get super aggressive and murderous, in less fighty situations is that mind more controlled or would that aggression be something to take into account?

For a first time transformation, it depends on a number of factors. But for the sake of brevity I will list the three most important:

* The Saiyan's current psychological state of mind

* Their subconscious thoughts, desires, fears, etc

* The circumstances which serve as the trigger to the transformation itself

The trigger is the most important factor, as it will determine the first point as well which makes for 2/3 factors at play when the transformation first occurs.

In Valkyrie's case, she's naturally driven to psychosis when an enemy stands above her in the first place because of her father's brainwashing as a child in training. That personal psychosis was amplified manyfold when Death killed Era and proclaimed himself superior to them all. Psychosis is psychosis after all, and for the duration of her fight until her brain fully registered that Death was no more, Valkyrie had lost her sanity.

When Era finally transforms, it will be a much more controlled affair though she will still be much more aggressive and ruthless than she normally is... And another side of Era will be revealed to the group which hasn't been seen before. More on that later. But her sanity, unlike Valkyrie's will remain.

So it depends on you how you'd like to handle Fae's transformation. Those three points are the biggest factors at play and the third will likely govern the entirety of the transformation when it takes place.

@ChazGhost @Deathrattle BB @KingHink

I think it best to brainstorm for our most immediate course of action. We know our long-term goal is to return to Zaero, but there's no rushing that. Before we reach that point I'd like both Era and Val to be Super Saiyans with Fae more well on her way as well.

Until then, I'd like a break from the Darkhoods. As mentioned in a previous post they're not our penultimate enemy in this RP, so it's time to put them in the background and have some fun with other matters at hand.

Chief among them is a distress signal we will receive from a former ally of the Saiyan Race, known as the C'thilians. Though they are a non-humanoid insectoid race and you'd never guess it by looking at them, they are hyper intelligent and their technological expertise is unparalleled. Even the Nephelem's technology is child's play for them.

However this expertise is exactly why they're being targeted by a group of rogue intergalactic bounty hunters who work for another force which will play an antagonistic role in the RP. The organization will be known, for the time being, as Omnizwart. They are an organization of ultra-powerful bounty hunters encompassing various races across the universe, and they are hunting for their latest paycheck which happens to be the C'thilians.

And there's a very specific reason this force will play an antagonistic role in the RP, and it's a reason deathrattle BB is familiar with. However I do not know to what extent Chaz and King are familiar with it, so here it is: Bio-Electric Ki Disruption.

This technique is basically a biological EMP, and is capable of negating and temporarily paralyzing the flow of Ki throughout all living things.

If one of our characters is hit by it... No more flight. No more Ki blasts. No standing up right away (because Ki is a part of our bodies' natural functions like muscle movement). Nothing. They will be rendered completely helpless for a few seconds before they recover enough to at least resume basic bodily function and stand up and walk around like a normal person. But Ki flow will still be paralyzed for anywhere between ten to thirty minutes after the blast hits leaving us vulnerable to whatever whims Omnizwart has for us.

How long does it take to recover? It's always random, as the body never responds to this technique the same way twice. Also the idea that the body "remembers" and can compensate for it next time like Goku's did in the show? Not against this technique. There is no remembering and compensating for the complete and total loss of Ki. None whatsoever.

And these enemies won't exactly be pushovers to begin with either. The Bio-Electric Ki Disruption (or BEKD for short) is their trump card and a weapon of last resort. Though they are shielded from it, they have enough honor not to rely on it as a primary weapon and would prefer to fight without it. But if in a pinch, they will use it without hesitation.

So what kind of organization are they? As mentioned before, they're bounty hunters. However they were founded by a particular being who, unbeknownst to his followers, has the potential to use Godly Ki though he keeps this well hidden. His true name remains a mystery to all, including his most loyal and high ranking members. But because of his own loyalty and leadership they trust him without question, and even if they knew of his Godly Ki it wouldn't deter them from following him.

There exists no true chain of command within their organization save for one's own power level. Whoever is the strongest is in charge, and the rest do as they're told. It's as simple as that. Knowledge and experience play no part in it, which makes their efficiency a bit random depending on how much experience and knowledge the one in charge possesses. Even if a weaker member knows what to do, they keep their mouths shut so their leader can learn and experience for themselves while in the field what works and what does not. If they don't do a good enough job, then they will likely be killed or driven out by the others who do know better.

The first instance of our encounter with them and the C'thilians will involve the S.O.S. signal reaching Pyro's communication's officers. Once they inform everyone of the origin of the signal, Era, Valkyrie, and Fae will undoubtedly demand to assist if Pyro doesn't agree right away. Given who it's coming from it's in Pyro's best interest to go, especially if he wants the kind of tech that will kick Elprede and Jasmine out of his ship's computers and systems for good so he has 100% control over both it and who gets to do what and when within it. And yes, the C'thilians have the tech and know-how to do that. This would also ensure that only Pyro controls who uses the gravity room and when, blocking the Saiyans from stealing it all the time (though it is going to become defunct before long anyway unless it gets a massive upgrade).

Once we receive the distress signal and respond, I'll fast forward us to the world itself where we will encounter Omnizwart upon landing on the surface. Their strongest warrior will have a max power level approaching 95 million, just enough to really give Pyro's final form a good run for his money and push him to his limits. I am planning on having Valkyrie fall prey to the BEKD, preventing her from using her Super Saiyan power to deal with him. So it's all going to hang on Pyro for this fight, so I'll be sure to be in contact with @ChazGhost about how Pyro can best handle the situation and give us a good long fight (the last thing we want is it to end in a single post, after all).

Questions?

Alrighty. Had a few things I had to get caught up. But no worries, I have not been lax! And have been thinking on the matter. Both for comments of the OOC, and what I shall post for Fae. DBZ is on the forefront of my priorities for Wednesday. But for now, sleep is calling. I shall comment and post then!

Also. I can't help but read them as chitlins lol

Alrighty. Had a few things I had to get caught up. But no worries, I have not been lax! And have been thinking on the matter. Both for comments of the OOC, and what I shall post for Fae. DBZ is on the forefront of my priorities for Wednesday. But for now, sleep is calling. I shall comment and post then!

Also. I can't help but read them as chitlins lol

No worries, and I can understand that. That's the word I thought of when creating the name. Lol.

Anyway, @Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost, you two doing okay? If you can't come up with anything to post at the moment just say so and I'll do another time skip to move us along to a time closer to the start of the event I posted here in the OOC.

Sorry I have been busy with family issues every time I get to working on a post for the rp. I should be able to post later... in theory. Also can I have Pyro start learning something similar to the instant transmission?

@ChoShadow

Sorry I have been busy with family issues every time I get to working on a post for the rp. I should be able to post later... in theory. Also can I have Pyro start learning something similar to the instant transmission?

@ChoShadow

Sadly no. Part of Elprede's uniqueness as a character is his near-lightspeed movement in an atmosphere and his faster than light speed movement out in a vacuum. For the sake of balance and maintaining our individual characters' unique qualities, I cannot let another character approach or rival those speeds among our group. The only ones whom we will encounter who can will be NPC enemies.

@ChoShadow

Would you care at all if Elprede knew the C'thillian's language? I feel like that is something he would know just because of who they are, plus he is multilingual anyways. He knows very many and Jasmine knows a hell of a lot more.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ChoShadow

Would you care at all if Elprede knew the C'thillian's language? I feel like that is something he would know just because of who they are, plus he is multilingual anyways. He knows very many and Jasmine knows a hell of a lot more.

If he's capable of interpreting them thanks to Jasmine's language features, then that's fine. But I don't want him to actually "speak" their language. They are an insectoid race who's mouths create sounds his cannot, so he can't communicate with them on his own. He'll need Jasmine to do the talking for him.

Users who are viewing this thread