OOC General Discussion

@KingHink

I just realized, for the suitor thing, Era is technically already married to Elprede due to the Spirit Link being their cultural marriage, lol. Assuming she acknowledges that as a real thing, could even be a point of "wtf" between them.

Better than nothing. He's at like, 7.19 million with the new x6 Primal Form.

@KingHink @Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost Hey guys.

I updated the "Lore and Mechanics" page to include a comprehensive list of the True Gods of this RP's universe. When I say "True God," as explained on the Lore page, I mean those who are truly immortal and cannot be killed in spirit or essence like The First God. There are other lesser Gods in the universe as well, but they are not immortal in spirit or essence and so can be killed. It is these lesser Gods whom the Master and his Darkhoods are focusing on Hunting for the most part, though the presence of the "First" God gives them reason to go after him as well because why wouldn't they want to kill the "First" God to have ever existed?

There are two lists on the page for the Gods: power in terms of relative ability and function in the universe, and power in terms of power level and capability in combat.

Try to commit these to memory if possible, as they will become important later on. If not memory, then copy the names and abilities of each God onto a document and save it somewhere on your computer for easy access. I plan to include lore about these Gods into the RP's story as we continue beyond the destruction of Zaero, so you'll want to be familiar with the lore OOC before I start introducing it IC.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ChoShadow

@KingHink

@ChazGhost

Alright, so in accordance to ChoShadow's wishes of making it so Elprede does not have to use Primal Form so much (and probably extended to Mazunokari), I've brainstormed some ideas for reaching this.

So, first of all, this will be something happening after the destruction of Zaero. So the Nephelem species will be high on the decline after the First God's embarrassing defeat to Master, Darkhoods will be running wild and destroying what is left of the Nephelem. As this is happening, they have also engineered a 'perfect' species of the Nephelem -- Anti-Nephelem. These things are similar to Nephelem, however, enhancing all of their strengths much more so while greatly reducing their weaknesses. These Nephelem are overall superior in every way to the original ones. They can take much more damage than before, adapt faster, are stronger, move faster, react quicker, and can fuck your day up in the worst way possible.

Alongside the emergence of the Anti-Nephelem, we will soon see the appearance of an Anti-Elprede, who is powerful enough to mop the floor with Super Saiyans when we first encounter him. However, the plan is that Era, Valkyrie, and Pyro will become a lot stronger during this arc so that they will then be able to fight toe-to-toe with this improved version of Elprede. But they will still be defeated and Elprede will pull out his most desperate card -- in short, we're going to call this the 'Infinite Mass Punch' because that's what it is most similar to. It occurs when Elprede hits somebody as hard, and as fast, as he possibly can (for math geeks, take his power level, times it by 1,000, separate from the other multipliers such as the Primal Form and Mazunokari).

During the midst of all this, Elprede will be hitting an upper limit on the amount of power his body can handle. It will become increasingly more difficult for him to access his Primal Form, eventually getting to the point where he can't even hold it for a few seconds before completely wasting himself. Adding the Mazunokari on top of that will probably end up killing him. The plan is that when Elprede does the Infinite Mass Punch to Anti-Elprede, it will critically injure him, but also kill Elprede in the process. The First God intervenes at this point and preserves Elprede's mind, completely demolishes Anti-Elprede's due to him being the sole connector to the First God, and then replaces it with Elprede's, thus giving Elprede a new and improved body that does not have a limit to its powers. At this point he has powers similar to the Androids -- he doesn't need sleep, to eat, or to drink, and his Ki is near limitless in the sense that it doesn't diminish, or hardly diminishes at all, in a fight. This will also increase his power level by a fuckton, making it so that his base form is more in line to meet the demands of later on.

This will also be preparing Elprede for his final character arc much later down the road when he finally reunites with the First God and assimilates Antiforce into himself, gaining access to the new Avatar Form. Due to the nature of this form, he will regain his Godly Ki and also be able to enter and walk in the realm of the True Gods, though not regaining his immortality. That won't be until he regains the First God's full power once again.

Alright, with the character arc explained, I want to touch on the First God really quick.

I think it might be better to be the more 'official' enforcer of the Gods' will, and that his overall strength is more hinged upon the strength of the True Gods. I.e. if the True Gods become weaker, the First God will as well. I just thought it might be a cool dynamic, plus to have the ability to use different parts of each of the other Gods powers, although to much less degree, with him being the most attuned to the mastery of Ki. A case example for Jikkan, he can slow down time considerably or very briefly stop it (brief as in a fraction of a second stop, much much less than Hit's Time Leap), or with Uchu he can bend space to more or less teleport, or even Hikara can give him greater abilities with his Ki. I believe the dynamic of being able to use each Gods' abilities to a lesser degree also fits in with the role that ChoShadow gave him as well in the structure of them.

@ChoShadow

@KingHink

@ChazGhost

Alright, so in accordance to ChoShadow's wishes of making it so Elprede does not have to use Primal Form so much (and probably extended to Mazunokari), I've brainstormed some ideas for reaching this.

So, first of all, this will be something happening after the destruction of Zaero. So the Nephelem species will be high on the decline after the First God's embarrassing defeat to Master, Darkhoods will be running wild and destroying what is left of the Nephelem. As this is happening, they have also engineered a 'perfect' species of the Nephelem -- Anti-Nephelem. These things are similar to Nephelem, however, enhancing all of their strengths much more so while greatly reducing their weaknesses. These Nephelem are overall superior in every way to the original ones. They can take much more damage than before, adapt faster, are stronger, move faster, react quicker, and can fuck your day up in the worst way possible.

Alongside the emergence of the Anti-Nephelem, we will soon see the appearance of an Anti-Elprede, who is powerful enough to mop the floor with Super Saiyans when we first encounter him. However, the plan is that Era, Valkyrie, and Pyro will become a lot stronger during this arc so that they will then be able to fight toe-to-toe with this improved version of Elprede. But they will still be defeated and Elprede will pull out his most desperate card -- in short, we're going to call this the 'Infinite Mass Punch' because that's what it is most similar to. It occurs when Elprede hits somebody as hard, and as fast, as he possibly can (for math geeks, take his power level, times it by 1,000, separate from the other multipliers such as the Primal Form and Mazunokari).

During the midst of all this, Elprede will be hitting an upper limit on the amount of power his body can handle. It will become increasingly more difficult for him to access his Primal Form, eventually getting to the point where he can't even hold it for a few seconds before completely wasting himself. Adding the Mazunokari on top of that will probably end up killing him. The plan is that when Elprede does the Infinite Mass Punch to Anti-Elprede, it will critically injure him, but also kill Elprede in the process. The First God intervenes at this point and preserves Elprede's mind, completely demolishes Anti-Elprede's due to him being the sole connector to the First God, and then replaces it with Elprede's, thus giving Elprede a new and improved body that does not have a limit to its powers. At this point he has powers similar to the Androids -- he doesn't need sleep, to eat, or to drink, and his Ki is near limitless in the sense that it doesn't diminish, or hardly diminishes at all, in a fight. This will also increase his power level by a fuckton, making it so that his base form is more in line to meet the demands of later on.

This will also be preparing Elprede for his final character arc much later down the road when he finally reunites with the First God and assimilates Antiforce into himself, gaining access to the new Avatar Form. Due to the nature of this form, he will regain his Godly Ki and also be able to enter and walk in the realm of the True Gods, though not regaining his immortality. That won't be until he regains the First God's full power once again.

Alright, with the character arc explained, I want to touch on the First God really quick.

I think it might be better to be the more 'official' enforcer of the Gods' will, and that his overall strength is more hinged upon the strength of the True Gods. I.e. if the True Gods become weaker, the First God will as well. I just thought it might be a cool dynamic, plus to have the ability to use different parts of each of the other Gods powers, although to much less degree, with him being the most attuned to the mastery of Ki. A case example for Jikkan, he can slow down time considerably or very briefly stop it (brief as in a fraction of a second stop, much much less than Hit's Time Leap), or with Uchu he can bend space to more or less teleport, or even Hikara can give him greater abilities with his Ki. I believe the dynamic of being able to use each Gods' abilities to a lesser degree also fits in with the role that ChoShadow gave him as well in the structure of them.

A deep arc, but it should prove interesting as we move forward.

As far as The First God's role, I will keep it as is though I will make Him an official enforcer of sorts. But that's about it. Having been the first created by Kami, He was kind of a prototype for the rest which is why He has very slight control over time and space and has a mastery of Ki (trumped only by Hikara's as She was specifically created by Kami for Ki control alone). But other than that I want to keep the True Gods as separate as I can for story reasons which will be explained not long after the destruction of Zaero.

A deep arc, but it should prove interesting as we move forward.

As far as The First God's role, I will keep it as is though I will make Him an official enforcer of sorts. But that's about it. Having been the first created by Kami, He was kind of a prototype for the rest which is why He has very slight control over time and space and has a mastery of Ki (trumped only by Hikara's as She was specifically created by Kami for Ki control alone). But other than that I want to keep the True Gods as separate as I can for story reasons which will be explained not long after the destruction of Zaero.

Makes sense. I figured that since He was the first created, He would have small parts of every God for the fact that He was the experiment. He can't and never will reach anything close to what the other True Gods can do in Their respective categories, just small parts that They all watch so He can't accidentally do something like mess up time or space, destroy something he wasn't meant to, or some other thing. He's actually very vulnerable to the other True Gods because He has no powers of His own that He benefits from. He can't simply dodge or outrun time, He can't not be in space, He is made of matter, He can be destroyed by Hakaishin, His power over Ki can be removed by Hikara, and He can be killed by Seika. Nothing he can do about any of those, and honestly, I think I like it that way.

Makes sense. I figured that since He was the first created, He would have small parts of every God for the fact that He was the experiment. He can't and never will reach anything close to what the other True Gods can do in Their respective categories, just small parts that They all watch so He can't accidentally do something like mess up time or space, destroy something he wasn't meant to, or some other thing. He's actually very vulnerable to the other True Gods because He has no powers of His own that He benefits from. He can't simply dodge or outrun time, He can't not be in space, He is made of matter, He can be destroyed by Hakaishin, His power over Ki can be removed by Hikara, and He can be killed by Seika. Nothing he can do about any of those, and honestly, I think I like it that way.

That was the idea. Lol.

Fae, as the weakest of the group, will take a while to reach the level where she can truly harness the power of the Super Saiyan form. She has more than enough pride and inner turmoil to reach the level when her power level rises though, so no worries there.

The question now for Fae's character Arc is how she will handle her growth and eventual harnessing of said power.

Right now she feels small, insignificant, and lacking in any special qualities due to being the weakest of her rather well known Elite Class family. When she finally sees the results of her Genetic Limit being removed and the first massive growth spurt takes place, what will she feel? Elated? Shocked? Frightened? A mix of all? And how will this affect her further growth and demeanor both in and outside of battle?

And as she grows, what will likely trigger her transformation? We can't keep doing the "my best friend/sister died" thing, after all. So King, how would you like to handle her eventual transformation? Indignance seems the most likely course for her, not unlike Vegeta who transformed due to  his own self loathing at his weakness and inability to transform and match Goku. Fae's sense of insecurity and humiliation at becoming so much weaker than people who once were only somewhat more powerful than she was could become a catalyst in the future for her, or we could go a slightly different route if you have other ideas in mind.

Alrighty! Fae arc! 

Firstly, her growth. Regarding the removing of the limiter and the size of the steps she would be taking after, it would fall under a mix of it all. She would have conflicting emotions, as is in her nature as you would expect. She would feel elation, as she naturally would about finally being able to grow strong. And also surprised at experiencing such explosive levels of growth. While I am not sure she would feel frightened by it, there would be a nagging feeling of guilt that she could easily reason that the power is not her own. The kind of guilt that hurts the pride and can fester into sadness and anger. She is proud, and this could be likened to a handout. This negetive side wont likely be very predominant. At least not for a while. The biggest thing she will be feeling is hope. Which is a pretty big thing for her. While she normally operates by stubborness and determination, here she is unshackled. Not only does she want to test her own limits, but there is also the drive that she can finally catch up. And it would make her work that much harder to do so. Causing her to redouble and retriple her efforts and take a more positive attitude than she has had lately.

I'm of the like mind that we can't keep doing the killing someone special route. And I do not think such an action would be needed with her. As you said, she is very insecure and and is sensitive to indignation. This sort of route would be the most likely way to bring about the change. 

The trick is to push it to a scale where it is substantial enough to break through her general self discipline and trigger the transformation. Such feelings pushing her to the point of breaking in such an extreme manner. So while the feelings are common to her, actually being broken by them would take some help. 

This would make it pretty situational. So we would have to see what is happening at the time. But regardless, we would need to hit her below the belt. Era would be a good vessel for this, as Fae not only compares herself to her, but also is more effected by Era's opinion than she would be by someone like Pyro or Korvaiis. As well, Era's would also be easy to be the one causing the slight. Maybe due to ignorance, or for the good of Fae. Such as not knowing how badly something might tear into Fae's soul or keeping her from something because she is too weak. 

In fact, Era was part of the original idea for her transformation in the other rp. It boiled down to Era fighting against Fae in "tournament" that revolved around liberating Metahn. Anyway, Fae wanted to be the one to fight her family, but Era wouldn't allow it as she knew Fae couldn't wouldn't be able to succeed in her goal against her family.

While I have scrapped that idea, one question is does bring to mind for me is a particular part of the arc. And that is the issue of spectacle. Would it be best for her to become a SS in a more private setting, such as by herself, seething. A more personal journey that doesn't really effect anyone but her. Or would it be in an active setting around the others? The latter would really depend on how much focus we want to put on her transformation. Would I like it to be an event of importance where she does something awesome? Yes. But I also understand that even as an SS, there isn't anything she would be able to do alone at her likely power level that any of the others could not do, which really runs the risk of the dramatics being boring and underwhelming to you all. This is also situational, depending on where we are in the rp. 

Somethings I would like to see is her coming into the transformation at a later power level than Era and Val. Not only would it give her more negative internal emotions to work with, but would also allow me to play around with more explosive results of the transformation. Again, also situational.  As I am sure we don't want her to drag behind too long. 

I think that after becoming a SS, she might likely find it easier to turn into one again given her incredible familiarity with the feelings that took her too that point. In turn making it easier to get to the point of training it to be a regular form. 

Another thing I would like to see, perhaps a vision from the spirit of the legendary super saiyan. To what effect? I don't quite know. I have a few things in mind depending on if it is an idea to play around with. What would his view be of Fae since he didnt give "his blessing" as Fae put it. Would he snub her or encourage her? Maybe he helps to spur her to catch up. Or maybe even just show up to be seen and nothing else. OOCly , it is more of me being curious about him and what sort of roles he plays. 

I feel I am forgetting to mention something. If I do I will likely remember it soon.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on this and my other concepts.  I'm interested to hear them. I will be able to narrow down on the concept as we discuss it. 

@ChoShadow

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty! Fae arc! 

@ChoShadow

I definitely agree that Fae doesn't need anyone special around her to die. Her pride runs deeper than either Era or Valkyrie's, so it wouldn't be hard to corner her pride using the right circumstances and let her own insecurities and indignation be the key to unlocking her power.

When it comes to the spirit of the Super Saiyan, it's something which I have begun to see as more of a one-time appearance. Because they were in the Vault where his spirit passed from this world to the next after fighting the First God all those millennia ago, his spirit was trapped in there and unable to truly pass on properly (kind of like the idea of a ghost remaining because of unfinished business). When Zaero is destroyed, the Vault will be destroyed with it and his spirit will finally pass properly and disappear forever. His spirit appearing before Era and Val was something of a happy accident really which was an idea born of the circumstances at the time, and nothing that the story needed in order to make events unfold the way they have. One way or the other Era and Val would have found a source of power that would have helped reveal to them their shared origin and the first taste of the SS power.

When it comes to Fae's transformation, I immediately envisioned her being forced to watch both Era and Valkyrie fighting either against each other for training or fighting side by side in a battle as Super Saiyans.

In the first case, they would be training with Fae in preparation for a major upcoming battle. Fae's inability to transform and her lacking of that extra well of power to draw on for stamina and such that they have would see her begin to slow them down, and Era would be the first to say that Fae should probably go get some rest. Era would mean well, but essentially Fae would consider this a "You're slowing us down Fae. Why don't you leave us so we can get to the real training?" kind of request. And she wouldn't be wrong. As soon as Fae started to back away, both of them would go SS and begin sparring all out.

Fae's sense of anger, humiliation, and helplessness would immediately be triggered from such a simple yet devastating request from Era. Is she really so useless that she can't even train with them anymore? Are they that far ahead? Is her body truly that weak despite how far it's come? Has all of this been for nothing? Do they see her as a burden more than as an ally? All of these questions and more would tear through her mind causing her to descend further and further into her own emotional turmoil and that could be what she needs to trigger her transformation. Sheer indignance and a sense of uselessness before the power of her friends who have just asked her to take a breather while they train all out without her... And all because Era meant well by the gesture of "Why don't you go take a rest?"

The second option would be watching them fight side by side as Super Saiyans. Era and Valkyrie both are going to use the SS transformation as a last resort. Neither would use it unless they had to, because even though neither of them will ever admit to it they are scared of that power. Valkyrie remembers deep down in her subconscious (suppressed memories) how painful the transformation was for her, both emotionally and physically. It felt like her world had collapsed on top of her (emotionally) and it felt like her body was being ripped apart molecule by molecule (physically). The transformation was a horribly painful experience for her at every turn, and even though she knows she needs that power she is scared to take to that form lest it overwhelm and destroy her. Era will be a similar story when she finally transforms, experiencing much of the same pain that Valkyrie does and being rather reluctant to take to that form unless she has to.

But in this particular battle Era and Val have no choice. In order to stop whoever it is, they have to use the form. However, even fighting together they will be slightly outmatched. They will hold their own, but it will become clear that they need something more. But Fae will see herself as a waste of space. In the shadow of their outstanding power, and the might of their enemy, she will once again feel small, insignificant, and lacking any special qualities that allow her friends and allies to fight at this level. That vertical distance as well will be somewhat symbolic to her. Here she is on the ground while they fly higher and higher into the sky during the battle away from her and out of her reach.

Such a personally symbolic and traumatic gesture of flying further and further out of her reach with such great power while she lies helpless and almost out of power on the ground could be what she needs to transform. And when she does not only does she fill in that something more that they needed to win, but she would also be the one to land the killing blow which would, to her at least, cement her position as part of the team and prove to herself once and for all that she is indeed capable of reaching such heights (symbolically speaking).

What do you think?

@KingHink

@ChoShadow

What are we waiting on for the RP, by the way? I haven't seen an IC post for a while.

I will be posting tonight IC. During a certain point in the training. I will start writing it here in about an hour.

For @ChoShadow I will include how training would have gone throughout the day. As I am uncertain of how much time from the start of training to Elprede's comment. This should present a vague enough time for a scene to be worked in without hijacking Elprede into a training timeskip, while at the same time letting boss know what the training will entail in its entirety regardless of point in time. 

I will be posting tonight IC. During a certain point in the training. I will start writing it here in about an hour.

For @ChoShadow I will include how training would have gone throughout the day. As I am uncertain of how much time from the start of training to Elprede's comment. This should present a vague enough time for a scene to be worked in without hijacking Elprede into a training timeskip, while at the same time letting boss know what the training will entail in its entirety regardless of point in time. 

No worries.

If Elprede is caught in the time skip of our training it's not the end of the world. Deathrattle BB can write for Elprede's activities during our training session, as Elprede has more than enough time during our bout to zip to the exit at any time of his choosing while avoiding our match.

Anyway, I look forward to your post.

No worries.

If Elprede is caught in the time skip of our training it's not the end of the world. Deathrattle BB can write for Elprede's activities during our training session, as Elprede has more than enough time during our bout to zip to the exit at any time of his choosing while avoiding our match.

Anyway, I look forward to your post.

Posted! Hoping the training is satisfactory. 

@KingHink I'll let you do the time skip when you have time since Faero is the one who sparks the conversation and the arc. If you think you'll be a bit hard pressed for time, let me know and I'll take over Faero for a while to get things started.

@KingHink I'll let you do the time skip when you have time since Faero is the one who sparks the conversation and the arc. If you think you'll be a bit hard pressed for time, let me know and I'll take over Faero for a while to get things started.

I will do what I can to get a post out for tonight, once I find some free time. If I can't, I will let you know.  But you are more than welcome to go ahead and get things started if you want to get things going sooner. As before, Fridays and Saturdays are days I don't have much time to post for IC.

An additional question, what was the range for Fae's growth from training? You said x6 to x12, correct? Or should that sort of growth span over several days?

I will do what I can to get a post out for tonight, once I find some free time. If I can't, I will let you know.  But you are more than welcome to go ahead and get things started if you want to get things going sooner. As before, Fridays and Saturdays are days I don't have much time to post for IC.

An additional question, what was the range for Fae's growth from training? You said x6 to x12, correct? Or should that sort of growth span over several days?

It will come slowly over the course of a roughly 2-3 day period. But she'll see at least some growth immediately upon waking from her sleep. How much growth I leave to your discretion. If for instance you want a 35K power level to increase by a factor of 8 to start with, then over three days you can expect a semi-exponential growth curve. Day one sees the power rise from 35K to 65K. Day two from 65K to 100K. And day three 100K in the morning when she wakes up to 280K by the time the day is done and she goes to bed feeling back to 100%.

Growth always comes in the largest burst towards the end of the recovery period because naturally Ki flows better when the body is at or close to optimum efficiency. The first day or two after a long training session like the one she was just in will see her body at less than optimum efficiency so her growth to start will be less.

Make sense?

It will come slowly over the course of a roughly 2-3 day period. But she'll see at least some growth immediately upon waking from her sleep. How much growth I leave to your discretion. If for instance you want a 35K power level to increase by a factor of 8 to start with, then over three days you can expect a semi-exponential growth curve. Day one sees the power rise from 35K to 65K. Day two from 65K to 100K. And day three 100K in the morning when she wakes up to 280K by the time the day is done and she goes to bed feeling back to 100%.

Growth always comes in the largest burst towards the end of the recovery period because naturally Ki flows better when the body is at or close to optimum efficiency. The first day or two after a long training session like the one she was just in will see her body at less than optimum efficiency so her growth to start will be less.

Make sense?

Yup. That does indeed make sense. And goes along with my plan for taking it easy the next few days for her to recover. Not that she wI'll just be standing still. But just light stuff to keep her body moving, more internal exercises, stretches, and forms. Nothing that would be considered strenuous as she does focus on recovery.

@ChoShadow I do not think I will be able to post in a timely manner tonight. If you wish to do so for Faero, you may. If not, I shall when I get the chance to sit down and post.

@ChoShadow Good on you for matching Faero's attitude and reasonings so well. Good job indeed. 

I will respond to the super saiyan ideas for Fae soon, btw. 

One question I have before then, though. Is in a passive situation, how would the mind of a first time super saiyan effect things? If they get super aggressive and murderous, in less fighty situations is that mind more controlled or would that aggression be something to take into account?

@KingHink

Assuming it's like anything from the original manga and anime, the higher Super Saiyan you go, the less control you maintain. Normal Super Saiyan isn't so bad, but due to the requirements of transformation, that's a lot of unchecked anger and aggressive nature still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back