OOC General Discussion

At the moment, no. They're going back to pick up Pyro's crew that were left behind when Val hijacked the ship to help Fae. Other than that, it's free roam at the moment.

Alrighty. I can do that. 

Well I got my work cut out for me. if you are interested, would you like to do some planning on how to help Fae? I have a few ideas to bandy about. While I normally don't mind seeing how things play out, I feel this might need a bit of help along from our end, or she probably won't get very far.

Alrighty. I can do that. 

Well I got my work cut out for me. if you are interested, would you like to do some planning on how to help Fae? I have a few ideas to bandy about. While I normally don't mind seeing how things play out, I feel this might need a bit of help along from our end, or she probably won't get very far.

It couldn't hurt to plan a bit of things out.

So as one option, she won't need to be injured to receive the transfusion. Since Era is in recovery all she really has to do is ask Val how they broke through the genetic limit and Val will tell her the story about how they have special genetics. That will give her the idea that to help Fae break free, her Saiyan cells just need to sample the gene from Val's blood, which will then lead to the transfusion so we can get it done sooner rather than later.

With that out of the way, she can begin training with Val since Era will be at least another 2-3 days in the chamber before she's fully recovered. During that time Fae can ask about how Val and the others defeated the enemy Era spoke of who killed her, and Val can mention the Super Saiyan and that can then spark a whole different issue.

@KingHink He should be able to find Pyro easily by asking a crew member or two and he also find with respectful vistors. I can also just have Pyro bump into Faero in the hall on his way somewhere. Up to you.

It couldn't hurt to plan a bit of things out.

So as one option, she won't need to be injured to receive the transfusion. Since Era is in recovery all she really has to do is ask Val how they broke through the genetic limit and Val will tell her the story about how they have special genetics. That will give her the idea that to help Fae break free, her Saiyan cells just need to sample the gene from Val's blood, which will then lead to the transfusion so we can get it done sooner rather than later.

With that out of the way, she can begin training with Val since Era will be at least another 2-3 days in the chamber before she's fully recovered. During that time Fae can ask about how Val and the others defeated the enemy Era spoke of who killed her, and Val can mention the Super Saiyan and that can then spark a whole different issue.

Hmm, that would be a quick way to handle that. And good route to go. I would worry that Fae's pride might get the better of her and feel dirty about taking it. But that can be worked around pretty easily. At that point I can either ignore it, or use it torment her later on down the line. Playing on the "her power isn't her own/she didn't earn it" sort of thing. Seeing as a lot of her inner conflict is her not being good enough. Though I'm sure that also could be reasoned away pretty easily, unless we want the drama.

The learning of the super saiyan would certainly be something to propel her forward. As well, if becoming the super saiyan is what triggered the slower growth, maybe becoming a super saiyan at a later power level would give her the chance to catch up at a fast pace before the growth slows. For example, if Val changed at 1 mil, have Fae change at 1.5 or 2 mil if that is closer to where the average base power level is at the time. I am wary that if she doesn't grow quick enough, there won't be much left to discover by the time she does catch up.

As for training, that is likely something she will be seeing A LOT, since she will likely be fighting just as often. While I'm pretty sure the foes she will be facing are significantly stronger in comparison to the other members of the party, I'm not sure how significant of a boon to her power level that will be when it comes to catching up relying on that route alone. (As I am not familiar with how to go about growth yet when it comes to fighting/winning/losing against stronger foes) So there would need to be some emphasis on training. And in order for her to catch through that, she needs to train harder and more often than should otherwise be healthy. Otherwise she would just gain the same rate of growth as everyone else, thus keeping her behind. This however runs into the problem of ruining herself because of it. One way around this would be the emphasis on her toughness. Partially Bypassing training limitations.

Another way would be the more classic "special training". This way would be more complicated as then it would need to be figured what that would entail and from who. While Era and Val may both have a higher power level, there isn't much they they could teach her that she doesn't already understand or know, power levels aside. That isnt to say she wouldn't gain anything from training with them, as practice always helps.

Relevance would be another obstacle. As there would not be much to push her to her limits if she is under the protection of everyone stronger than her. As they would likely keep her back for her own safety, as they rightly should. This isn't much of a problem as some good GMery would give an in for that. But as of right now, the only real transformation that helps her power level is the Great Ape. However she will need to do much better than that and find some new techniques to be useful. 

This is a lot of specualtion, but by gosh I do love speculation and discussion.

@KingHink He should be able to find Pyro easily by asking a crew member or two and he also find with respectful vistors. I can also just have Pyro bump into Faero in the hall on his way somewhere. Up to you.

I don't mind either way. I thought it would be a fun way to start branching out my interactions. It depends on when you feel like posting. I will posting soon, and can have him enter the bridge if you like.

@KingHink

Not much stopping you from coming to say 'hello' though. I'm sure it'll shock Fae to no end that a Nephelem, of all things, is stronger than him currently by a wide margin.

Don't leave Val hanging there @KingHink. Ya jerk! Lol.

I didn't mean too! I had that all written up last night but fell asleep right before I pressed send.

So when I woke up, I had it already types, so I went ahead and sent what I had. So at least I had something posted. 

Also, had to post for another rp. 

But I will be posting for her tonight! About to fix a small dinner then I will be free.

I didn't mean too! I had that all written up last night but fell asleep right before I pressed send.

So when I woke up, I had it already types, so I went ahead and sent what I had. So at least I had something posted. 

Also, had to post for another rp. 

But I will be posting for her tonight! About to fix a small dinner then I will be free.

No worries. I'm just giving you a hard time.

I have one idea for a story arc at the momment. Pyro has collect a vast amount of goods of the destroyed darkhood ship. So of course he has to sell them and pay his crew there cut. Pyro has the ship go to the planet he does this sort of business with. 

Then my idea can go two diffrent ways. One the old ruler of planet died and the new ruler want Pyro head and his crew, which he'll think include the other charcters as well. Second idea simlir to first is that a group of strong bounty hunters, after Pyro's bounty, followed Pyro here and are trying kill and or capture him. There also could be bountys made by the darkhoods for Valkyrie and Elprede as well.

That idea for an arc so far.

@KingHink @Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost

So, here are my Story Arc and Character Arc ideas so far:

Story Arc Concepts

1) Stabilizing the Group Dynamic in Combat

- Right now, with their varied power levels, the group is not exactly uniform nor does it have much of a strict plan of attack when going into battle. So someone, likely Faero, could suggest that they come up with a method of entering battle as a unified and cohesive group. For example they could suggest the following structure:

* Era, Valkyrie, and Pyro - The Vanguard, and first into battle against the more powerful foes.

* Elprede, Fae, and Pyro's Crew - Sweepers. Fae (until she really comes into her own, that is), Elprede, and Pyro's crew whom he's training to become an elite squad, would serve to take out the majority of foes who Era, Valkyrie, and Pyro are too powerful to concern themselves with.

* Valkyrie and Pyro - The Trump Cards. As Valkyrie and Pyro have powers breaching 40+ million in their final forms/SS forms, they will serve as the Trump Cards against any enemies too powerful to handle in their base forms. When there's an enemy who Pyro's final form is enough to handle, he takes the job. When there's an enemy too far above Pyro's final form, Valkyrie takes over as a SS.

This would not be an easy or cohesive plan of action at first. Saiyan Pride and Frost Demon arrogance would see Valkyrie and Pyro clash in determining who gets the kill against the strongest foes they face. Along with that, Fae's pride would likely see her seething at the idea of just being a Sweeper and taking enemies "too weak" for Era, Valkyrie, and Pyro to concern themselves with. However, pride and arrogance must eventually be put aside if the group hopes to survive and work as a unit which is why I'm thinking Faero could suggest this.

To make this course a reality, it would take a few battles (perhaps on the way back to Metahnn) for it to come into its own and for the team to fall into their places and accept them for what they are. All groups and teams require a plan of action and a focused dynamic, of which the group currently has none. This would be a good way to finally ease the tension between Valkyrie and Pyro as well, and make sure they stop trying to outdo and kill each other.

After this Arc and the liberation of Metahnn? Likely the following Arc, but I'm willing to hear arguments for the next idea coming first in the order instead.

2) The Fall of Zaero

- The destruction of the Nephelem home world by the Darkhoods has long been in talks between deathrattle BB and myself as part of Elprede's character Arc and as an Arc for the story in general. It details, quite simply, a return to the planet Zaero and the cast will discover the Darkhoods and their Master have congregated.

For those who haven't yet seen the power structure or hierarchy of the Darkhoods, the Master is at the top of the ladder and has Godly Ki making him infinitely stronger than any of our characters. Our group would race to the Nephelem home world upon receiving an S.O.S. from them and discover the Master essentially holding the planet for ransom. He awaits the arrival of the First God as he views the hunting and destruction of the First God as part of the ultimate "God Hunter" purpose behind the Darkhoods existence. Elprede and the others will arrive, and Elprede will convince the Master to travel to the Vault where the First God can fully manifest, but because he's not combined with the Anti-Force we saw earlier (which is his other half), he's only at half strength and will lose his battle against the Master.

After losing, the Master will give Elprede and the others the chance to flee for now without being pursued, as "the hunt" is part of the fun, and the Master wants to wait to kill the First God until he's at full power. Once the group has fled and is free of the blast zone, the Master will destroy Zaero, leaving Elprede as one of the last of a race now rapidly approaching extinction. The Nephelem in the Darkhood ranks are being systematically eliminated to prevent the ultimate death of the First God from creating a new vessel, and other Nephelem throughout the universe are being hunted and exterminated as well.

After the fall of Zaero? Well, we'll see what happens.

Character Arc Concepts

1) Two Super Saiyans?

- Era's base power is higher than Valkyrie's, but can she even become a Super Saiyan? Valkyrie's own pride and forced sense of disconnect between herself and Era is what really made Era's death the catalyst for her transformation. If she wasn't so stubborn about her heritage as a Saiyan Elite, and if she'd openly accepted Era in the first place, would she have transformed when Era died? Would she have felt the kind of anger and self resentment that triggered the transformation?

Era hardly has an angry bone in her body. She can get mad, but she's never been much more than mildly upset at anything in her life. Does Era even have what it takes to transform? Can she lose her cool enough to trigger it?

This could become the subject of debate among the crew (without Era present of course). Having two Super Saiyans on their team would make the group much, much stronger as a whole. So trying to find a way to help Era transform since she's obviously strong enough to handle it would be a logical step for them all to take. But again finding a way to help her transform is the issue. Era's too sweet and level headed to do it the way Valkyrie did, but is there any other way for her to transform? Can she reach that level through loss and anger?

Let me know what you think about this and about Era's eventual transformation. She's currently at a level where she could handle it, but being a prodigy of combat isn't going to help her transform. Not this time. She'll need something more, and some kind of trigger to push her to some kind of emotional loss similar to how Valkyrie did. But how to do that? Again I have a few ideas, but I want to hear yours too.

2) Of Demons and Saiyans

- Pyro is a very arrogant and proud being. We know this. However I think it would be a good idea to start exploring methods for him to start reaching levels of power which rival the Super Saiyan. We know that training is arguably the best way for him to improve, as his race doesn't get stronger from battle like the Saiyans do. His body just doesn't work that way.

However, what his body is is highly sensitive to the results of training. The harder he pushes himself and the more furiously he does so will see greater improvements to his power than even the Saiyans can see in training of the same style and intensity.

How can he train himself to a level that pushes himself enough to see the kind of growth he desires?

... Train with Valkyrie in her Super Saiyan Form.

Yes. If Pyro wants to see the kind of power growths he desires and close the gap between himself and Valkyrie, he'll have to swallow his pride and convince her to train with him. Not an easy task, for many reasons. First, they despise each other and neither would want to help the other if they could avoid it. Second, Valkyrie wouldn't want Pyro's power to rival her own in her Super Saiyan form. Such a thing would be insulting to that power. At least in her mind. And third, Would Valkyrie be able to resist the temptation to kill him and make it look like a training accident? Probably not. To her, he's just a pirate. And Saiyans often kill pirates as part of their duty when protecting their allies and allied settlements. To her, killing him would be more than justified for what he's done in the past. Especially what he tried to do to them when they first met.

So how can he train with her and not get himself killed from her vendetta against him? How can he train without her and reach a level equivalent to her own? Can he even do that?

3) Anti-Force.

Elprede, as the vessel of the First God, will eventually have to face up to the Anti-Force body we saw earlier. As the darker half, but a half nonetheless, of the First God, he must confront it and assimilate it into his being at some point in his future. But until he is powerful enough to face it that's not going to happen.

So how to make him powerful enough to face it?

The Primal Form has its limits. Not unlike the Saiyans it can push itself and adopt new, higher levels of power as its own. But this cannot be pushed beyond a certain limit or he risks self destruction due to the vessel's (Elprede's) bodily limits. So what can he do then? Well this is where the discussion comes in. Deathrattle BB likely has the best answers for this and how to help Elprede grow further, but I'd like those ideas to become public knowledge so we can all discuss and debate about it and make it the best course of action that we all can accept. 

4) Another Super Saiyan.

Fae, as the weakest of the group, will take a while to reach the level where she can truly harness the power of the Super Saiyan form. She has more than enough pride and inner turmoil to reach the level when her power level rises though, so no worries there.

The question now for Fae's character Arc is how she will handle her growth and eventual harnessing of said power.

Right now she feels small, insignificant, and lacking in any special qualities due to being the weakest of her rather well known Elite Class family. When she finally sees the results of her Genetic Limit being removed and the first massive growth spurt takes place, what will she feel? Elated? Shocked? Frightened? A mix of all? And how will this affect her further growth and demeanor both in and outside of battle?

And as she grows, what will likely trigger her transformation? We can't keep doing the "my best friend/sister died" thing, after all. So King, how would you like to handle her eventual transformation? Indignance seems the most likely course for her, not unlike Vegeta who transformed due to  his own self loathing at his weakness and inability to transform and match Goku. Fae's sense of insecurity and humiliation at becoming so much weaker than people who once were only somewhat more powerful than she was could become a catalyst in the future for her, or we could go a slightly different route if you have other ideas in mind.

So throw them out there!

Lol sweeper... Elprede will eventually reach the mark where he will be able to once again contend with Pyro, Era, and Valkyrie. He can already hit for a little over 71 million at max power (Primal Form x4, Mazunokari x15 not being its advanced version).

Lol sweeper... Elprede will eventually reach the mark where he will be able to once again contend with Pyro, Era, and Valkyrie. He can already hit for a little over 71 million at max power (Primal Form x4, Mazunokari x15 not being its advanced version).

Indeed, but that's only for short bursts depending on how long he can hold the Mazunokari. I'm talking about his base power without any outside amplification like the Mazunokari which is only a technique and not an actual state of being.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, but that's only for short bursts depending on how long he can hold the Mazunokari. I'm talking about his base power without any outside amplification like the Mazunokari which is only a technique and not an actual state of being.

Better than nothing. He's at like, 7.19 million with the new x6 Primal Form.

Better than nothing. He's at like, 7.19 million with the new x6 Primal Form.

True. I'm hoping to plan for the long term in his base form without relying on his Primal Form too much either. Weren't we originally saying his Primal Form was kind of like his SS transformation, just weaker overall due to his speed capabilities being the central focus instead of raw power? He has it, and it's a great asset, but his base form is the one he'll be spending the most time in so I want to plan for that.

True. I'm hoping to plan for the long term in his base form without relying on his Primal Form too much either. Weren't we originally saying his Primal Form was kind of like his SS transformation, just weaker overall due to his speed capabilities being the central focus instead of raw power? He has it, and it's a great asset, but his base form is the one he'll be spending the most time in so I want to plan for that.

Yeah, it's just that his base form is currently a bit too weak, which we knew was going to happen as soon as one of them unlocked Super Saiyan anyways. Probably when he hits x20 in Primal Form again is when his base form will be strong enough on its own.

Alrighty! It has been a frightfully long day. So I apologize in advance at the lack of anything substantial in this post. 

I have been reading and pondering the issues at hand, and what I shall post for the training. Just so you know I'm not skimping out. Once I get some sleep, I will settle down and put my thoughts into words. For the OOC and IC. Of which I would have a fair amount to write on both fronts. 

@KingHink @Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost

So, here are my Story Arc and Character Arc ideas so far:

Story Arc Concepts

1) Stabilizing the Group Dynamic in Combat

- Right now, with their varied power levels, the group is not exactly uniform nor does it have much of a strict plan of attack when going into battle. So someone, likely Faero, could suggest that they come up with a method of entering battle as a unified and cohesive group. For example they could suggest the following structure:

* Era, Valkyrie, and Pyro - The Vanguard, and first into battle against the more powerful foes.

* Elprede, Fae, and Pyro's Crew - Sweepers. Fae (until she really comes into her own, that is), Elprede, and Pyro's crew whom he's training to become an elite squad, would serve to take out the majority of foes who Era, Valkyrie, and Pyro are too powerful to concern themselves with.

* Valkyrie and Pyro - The Trump Cards. As Valkyrie and Pyro have powers breaching 40+ million in their final forms/SS forms, they will serve as the Trump Cards against any enemies too powerful to handle in their base forms. When there's an enemy who Pyro's final form is enough to handle, he takes the job. When there's an enemy too far above Pyro's final form, Valkyrie takes over as a SS.

This would not be an easy or cohesive plan of action at first. Saiyan Pride and Frost Demon arrogance would see Valkyrie and Pyro clash in determining who gets the kill against the strongest foes they face. Along with that, Fae's pride would likely see her seething at the idea of just being a Sweeper and taking enemies "too weak" for Era, Valkyrie, and Pyro to concern themselves with. However, pride and arrogance must eventually be put aside if the group hopes to survive and work as a unit which is why I'm thinking Faero could suggest this.

To make this course a reality, it would take a few battles (perhaps on the way back to Metahnn) for it to come into its own and for the team to fall into their places and accept them for what they are. All groups and teams require a plan of action and a focused dynamic, of which the group currently has none. This would be a good way to finally ease the tension between Valkyrie and Pyro as well, and make sure they stop trying to outdo and kill each other.

After this Arc and the liberation of Metahnn? Likely the following Arc, but I'm willing to hear arguments for the next idea coming first in the order instead.

2) The Fall of Zaero

- The destruction of the Nephelem home world by the Darkhoods has long been in talks between deathrattle BB and myself as part of Elprede's character Arc and as an Arc for the story in general. It details, quite simply, a return to the planet Zaero and the cast will discover the Darkhoods and their Master have congregated.

For those who haven't yet seen the power structure or hierarchy of the Darkhoods, the Master is at the top of the ladder and has Godly Ki making him infinitely stronger than any of our characters. Our group would race to the Nephelem home world upon receiving an S.O.S. from them and discover the Master essentially holding the planet for ransom. He awaits the arrival of the First God as he views the hunting and destruction of the First God as part of the ultimate "God Hunter" purpose behind the Darkhoods existence. Elprede and the others will arrive, and Elprede will convince the Master to travel to the Vault where the First God can fully manifest, but because he's not combined with the Anti-Force we saw earlier (which is his other half), he's only at half strength and will lose his battle against the Master.

After losing, the Master will give Elprede and the others the chance to flee for now without being pursued, as "the hunt" is part of the fun, and the Master wants to wait to kill the First God until he's at full power. Once the group has fled and is free of the blast zone, the Master will destroy Zaero, leaving Elprede as one of the last of a race now rapidly approaching extinction. The Nephelem in the Darkhood ranks are being systematically eliminated to prevent the ultimate death of the First God from creating a new vessel, and other Nephelem throughout the universe are being hunted and exterminated as well.

After the fall of Zaero? Well, we'll see what happens.

Character Arc Concepts

1) Two Super Saiyans?

- Era's base power is higher than Valkyrie's, but can she even become a Super Saiyan? Valkyrie's own pride and forced sense of disconnect between herself and Era is what really made Era's death the catalyst for her transformation. If she wasn't so stubborn about her heritage as a Saiyan Elite, and if she'd openly accepted Era in the first place, would she have transformed when Era died? Would she have felt the kind of anger and self resentment that triggered the transformation?

Era hardly has an angry bone in her body. She can get mad, but she's never been much more than mildly upset at anything in her life. Does Era even have what it takes to transform? Can she lose her cool enough to trigger it?

This could become the subject of debate among the crew (without Era present of course). Having two Super Saiyans on their team would make the group much, much stronger as a whole. So trying to find a way to help Era transform since she's obviously strong enough to handle it would be a logical step for them all to take. But again finding a way to help her transform is the issue. Era's too sweet and level headed to do it the way Valkyrie did, but is there any other way for her to transform? Can she reach that level through loss and anger?

Let me know what you think about this and about Era's eventual transformation. She's currently at a level where she could handle it, but being a prodigy of combat isn't going to help her transform. Not this time. She'll need something more, and some kind of trigger to push her to some kind of emotional loss similar to how Valkyrie did. But how to do that? Again I have a few ideas, but I want to hear yours too.

2) Of Demons and Saiyans

- Pyro is a very arrogant and proud being. We know this. However I think it would be a good idea to start exploring methods for him to start reaching levels of power which rival the Super Saiyan. We know that training is arguably the best way for him to improve, as his race doesn't get stronger from battle like the Saiyans do. His body just doesn't work that way.

However, what his body is is highly sensitive to the results of training. The harder he pushes himself and the more furiously he does so will see greater improvements to his power than even the Saiyans can see in training of the same style and intensity.

How can he train himself to a level that pushes himself enough to see the kind of growth he desires?

... Train with Valkyrie in her Super Saiyan Form.

Yes. If Pyro wants to see the kind of power growths he desires and close the gap between himself and Valkyrie, he'll have to swallow his pride and convince her to train with him. Not an easy task, for many reasons. First, they despise each other and neither would want to help the other if they could avoid it. Second, Valkyrie wouldn't want Pyro's power to rival her own in her Super Saiyan form. Such a thing would be insulting to that power. At least in her mind. And third, Would Valkyrie be able to resist the temptation to kill him and make it look like a training accident? Probably not. To her, he's just a pirate. And Saiyans often kill pirates as part of their duty when protecting their allies and allied settlements. To her, killing him would be more than justified for what he's done in the past. Especially what he tried to do to them when they first met.

So how can he train with her and not get himself killed from her vendetta against him? How can he train without her and reach a level equivalent to her own? Can he even do that?

3) Anti-Force.

Elprede, as the vessel of the First God, will eventually have to face up to the Anti-Force body we saw earlier. As the darker half, but a half nonetheless, of the First God, he must confront it and assimilate it into his being at some point in his future. But until he is powerful enough to face it that's not going to happen.

So how to make him powerful enough to face it?

The Primal Form has its limits. Not unlike the Saiyans it can push itself and adopt new, higher levels of power as its own. But this cannot be pushed beyond a certain limit or he risks self destruction due to the vessel's (Elprede's) bodily limits. So what can he do then? Well this is where the discussion comes in. Deathrattle BB likely has the best answers for this and how to help Elprede grow further, but I'd like those ideas to become public knowledge so we can all discuss and debate about it and make it the best course of action that we all can accept. 

4) Another Super Saiyan.

Fae, as the weakest of the group, will take a while to reach the level where she can truly harness the power of the Super Saiyan form. She has more than enough pride and inner turmoil to reach the level when her power level rises though, so no worries there.

The question now for Fae's character Arc is how she will handle her growth and eventual harnessing of said power.

Right now she feels small, insignificant, and lacking in any special qualities due to being the weakest of her rather well known Elite Class family. When she finally sees the results of her Genetic Limit being removed and the first massive growth spurt takes place, what will she feel? Elated? Shocked? Frightened? A mix of all? And how will this affect her further growth and demeanor both in and outside of battle?

And as she grows, what will likely trigger her transformation? We can't keep doing the "my best friend/sister died" thing, after all. So King, how would you like to handle her eventual transformation? Indignance seems the most likely course for her, not unlike Vegeta who transformed due to  his own self loathing at his weakness and inability to transform and match Goku. Fae's sense of insecurity and humiliation at becoming so much weaker than people who once were only somewhat more powerful than she was could become a catalyst in the future for her, or we could go a slightly different route if you have other ideas in mind.

So throw them out there!

Alrighty! Time for my initial thoughts! With likely more to come.

Story arc concepts

1. Group unity: I can most certainly see Faero suggesting such things. While it may not be an easy job with as many hard heads as we have, he is up to the task. Turning a collection of warriors into an actual team. One of the things to go about this to make it more smooth would be to find a common goal between all of them. The darkhoods, for example. I can refine that part of the concept when I know more about them.

As well, I think a good way to help press the idea into their skulls is them coming across a situation where their not being an efficient team gets them rekt. For example, Fae tries to step in with the big dogs and gets creamed. Trying to sweep, Elprede comes and cross foes too strong to take out, but they ignore him and time isn't so forgiving to allow a battle of attrition. Pyro and Val can't fight together and pay for it against a power enemy pair that does fight well together. Be it arguing or getting in each other's way or whatever. And finally, this enemy force, with lack of effective sweeping from our part, our power fighters do get bogged down trying to fight the enemy powers, leaving them distracted and open to the enemy powers. This also puts an importance on needing to taking care of the weaker enemies too. 

The combination of the multiple power houses, the enemy's teamwork, and our lack thereof forces our crew into defeat and we have to find a way to overcome these flaws before we stand a chance at fighting them again.

A lesson being taught the hard way. 

2. Fall of Zaero: The above could be worked into this. And could easily be part of "the hunt" or even the first battle of it when the Master let's them go. 

Character arc concepts:

1. Era becoming SS: My first thought would be an extreme feeling of desperation or determination. The obvious way would be putting her in a situation where her becoming a super saiyan is required to save someone. Another way could be for someone to talk her to that point. A sort of "motivational speech". Bringing up feelings, such as Korvaiis (though I'm unsure of the relationship she had with him in this rp)using his memory to bring out those feelings. And lastly, maybe rather than a solitary person, the trigger comes from Metahn and it's people being in danger, or her desire to protect them and her people.

2. Demons and Saiyans: This could also be worked into the unity project!  Obviously after being beatdown, they would want to get stronger. Val and Pyro might blame each other a bit for loss. So Faero suggest a team building exercise under the guise of them "beating the snot out of each other and getting it out of their system". As well, I'm sure Faero could convince Val, after all, bringing up a few things I have in my back pocket. Such as, but not limited too, the trap of elitism of not wanting others to gain power he knows all to well from elite and ruling families. As well, at this point Faero may have gained some respect enough to convince this to happen.

A few ways to keep things in check is the forementioned common goal! They need each other. The hunters are strong and they need every hand they can get. They are on the run together, after all. Another idea is that Val isn't at full strength when this happens, Faero knows this, but Val's pride doesn't recognize it as a problem. Thus she is at a disadvantage in the fight. However, as they "beat the snot out of each other", Pyro recognizes this and starts holding back. After all. A cheap victory is just that. Cheap. Then upon bringing themselves to equal terms, it becomes less "beat the snot out of each other" and more like actual training, where they become more open to learning to respect each other through the battle. Either by respecting the merits of each others strengths, or through the actions they acted and witnessed through the course of the training. While they may not agree on everything, they might walk away not entirely hating each other.

3. Anti-force: I don't quite know enough about the situation to make any worthwhile remarks on  this concept, I will be looking forward to hearing more. As well, my resources and char are at your disposal to help things along.

4. Fae becoming SS: I will come back to this in my next post or the one after as my ideas on it would be more lengthy than a paragraph or two. 

Suggested char arc concepts:

1. For the next generation: I think it would be entertaining to have Faero sit Val and Era down to have "the talk". With them being the only carries of that gene, the discussion of the future should be had. Such as the importance of then not risking their lives stupidly because their death means the gene dies too, and with it the good it can do for the saiyan race. Could bring the topic in any direction.  Such as if love should be a factor and so forth. Or if they should retire from danger entirely to protect the gene. For comedic effect, even go a step further and have each of them present a suitor to the girls. For them to turn down, of course. A minor concept, but potentially amusing. Especially since it gives the others something to tease them about. I would also not be opposed to Faero being a possible suitor at some point.

2. Don't quit your day job: While this concept isn't the most fleshed out of mine. What about something along the lines of Pyro hanging up his pirate hat? After all it is really hard to be a pirate when you are on the run like they are. Depending on what turns our group takes, maybe there is a chance a more legitimate and equally lucrative occupation comes along that goes along with the team. Would also entail Pyro adjusting to the new ways.

3. Gods: Gods. The universe has them, so let's see them! This could be seeing glimpses of the realm of the gods, more visions of the super saiyan spirit, or even just getting more personal with the First God. 

Questions!

Training: I got some good ideas of how I will play out there training. And a lot of it involves making use of all the time possible. This brings me to the question, how long has it been from the time Fae was given the green light to start training, and the present.

@ChoShadow @Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost

Alrighty! Time for my initial thoughts! With likely more to come.

Story arc concepts

1. Group unity: I can most certainly see Faero suggesting such things. While it may not be an easy job with as many hard heads as we have, he is up to the task. Turning a collection of warriors into an actual team. One of the things to go about this to make it more smooth would be to find a common goal between all of them. The darkhoods, for example. I can refine that part of the concept when I know more about them.

As well, I think a good way to help press the idea into their skulls is them coming across a situation where their not being an efficient team gets them rekt. For example, Fae tries to step in with the big dogs and gets creamed. Trying to sweep, Elprede comes and cross foes too strong to take out, but they ignore him and time isn't so forgiving to allow a battle of attrition. Pyro and Val can't fight together and pay for it against a power enemy pair that does fight well together. Be it arguing or getting in each other's way or whatever. And finally, this enemy force, with lack of effective sweeping from our part, our power fighters do get bogged down trying to fight the enemy powers, leaving them distracted and open to the enemy powers. This also puts an importance on needing to taking care of the weaker enemies too. 

The combination of the multiple power houses, the enemy's teamwork, and our lack thereof forces our crew into defeat and we have to find a way to overcome these flaws before we stand a chance at fighting them again.

A lesson being taught the hard way. 

2. Fall of Zaero: The above could be worked into this. And could easily be part of "the hunt" or even the first battle of it when the Master let's them go. 

Character arc concepts:

1. Era becoming SS: My first thought would be an extreme feeling of desperation or determination. The obvious way would be putting her in a situation where her becoming a super saiyan is required to save someone. Another way could be for someone to talk her to that point. A sort of "motivational speech". Bringing up feelings, such as Korvaiis (though I'm unsure of the relationship she had with him in this rp)using his memory to bring out those feelings. And lastly, maybe rather than a solitary person, the trigger comes from Metahn and it's people being in danger, or her desire to protect them and her people.

2. Demons and Saiyans: This could also be worked into the unity project!  Obviously after being beatdown, they would want to get stronger. Val and Pyro might blame each other a bit for loss. So Faero suggest a team building exercise under the guise of them "beating the snot out of each other and getting it out of their system". As well, I'm sure Faero could convince Val, after all, bringing up a few things I have in my back pocket. Such as, but not limited too, the trap of elitism of not wanting others to gain power he knows all to well from elite and ruling families. As well, at this point Faero may have gained some respect enough to convince this to happen.

A few ways to keep things in check is the forementioned common goal! They need each other. The hunters are strong and they need every hand they can get. They are on the run together, after all. Another idea is that Val isn't at full strength when this happens, Faero knows this, but Val's pride doesn't recognize it as a problem. Thus she is at a disadvantage in the fight. However, as they "beat the snot out of each other", Pyro recognizes this and starts holding back. After all. A cheap victory is just that. Cheap. Then upon bringing themselves to equal terms, it becomes less "beat the snot out of each other" and more like actual training, where they become more open to learning to respect each other through the battle. Either by respecting the merits of each others strengths, or through the actions they acted and witnessed through the course of the training. While they may not agree on everything, they might walk away not entirely hating each other.

3. Anti-force: I don't quite know enough about the situation to make any worthwhile remarks on  this concept, I will be looking forward to hearing more. As well, my resources and char are at your disposal to help things along.

4. Fae becoming SS: I will come back to this in my next post or the one after as my ideas on it would be more lengthy than a paragraph or two. 

Suggested char arc concepts:

1. For the next generation: I think it would be entertaining to have Faero sit Val and Era down to have "the talk". With them being the only carries of that gene, the discussion of the future should be had. Such as the importance of then not risking their lives stupidly because their death means the gene dies too, and with it the good it can do for the saiyan race. Could bring the topic in any direction.  Such as if love should be a factor and so forth. Or if they should retire from danger entirely to protect the gene. For comedic effect, even go a step further and have each of them present a suitor to the girls. For them to turn down, of course. A minor concept, but potentially amusing. Especially since it gives the others something to tease them about. I would also not be opposed to Faero being a possible suitor at some point.

2. Don't quit your day job: While this concept isn't the most fleshed out of mine. What about something along the lines of Pyro hanging up his pirate hat? After all it is really hard to be a pirate when you are on the run like they are. Depending on what turns our group takes, maybe there is a chance a more legitimate and equally lucrative occupation comes along that goes along with the team. Would also entail Pyro adjusting to the new ways.

3. Gods: Gods. The universe has them, so let's see them! This could be seeing glimpses of the realm of the gods, more visions of the super saiyan spirit, or even just getting more personal with the First God. 

Questions!

Training: I got some good ideas of how I will play out there training. And a lot of it involves making use of all the time possible. This brings me to the question, how long has it been from the time Fae was given the green light to start training, and the present.

@ChoShadow @Deathrattle BB @ChazGhost

Well, let me explain what's up with the First God real quick, and I'm just going to put this in relative and general terms so I'm not going off on a long tangent. I don't have the time for that anyways.

The First God was, and still is, the first true deity to exist in the known universe. He was there at the dawn of time and is still considered one of the most powerful forces in the universe. Other Gods feared him for his incredible powers, enough to warp time and space around him in a whim as he saw fit. However, he eventually came across the Super Saiyan (and really ignored the Super Saiyan God's existence for the most part, was not around at the time) and got in a fight with him. Technically, it should have been a cakewalk for the First God, however, he made a grave misjudgements and lowered his power too much, making him vulnerable.

He was caught in a trap by the Super Saiyan and promptly blown apart, but also took the Super Saiyan with him. The First God is an immortal deity, no matter how many times you kill him or do anything to him, he will not die. Being destroyed caused him to split into two halves, his positive half still bring him, and his negative half, Antiforce. Antiforce is a massive being made of pure negativity, swallowing and eating entire stars for breakfast, eventually growing big enough to turn galaxies into dinner. The positive energy created what we know as the Nephelem. None of them can use the First God's energy, except for one; the Silver Nephelem, a.k.a. an Alpha Nephelem, like Elprede.

Elprede is pretty much a vessel and host of the First God in the grand scheme of things, nothing more than a stepping stone and a means to an end. The First God himself is not inherently evil, but he is neither good. More or less neutral force and wild card.

Moving on to the idea of meeting other Gods, they would probably immediately be afraid of Elprede simply because they know if what he is. The First God had an universally wide reign of influence, whether directly or indirectly. Anybody who had dared to challenge him was met with a quick end or was given the fight of their lives. The Super Saiyan spirit is sort of trapped in the Vault right now I believe. You'd have to find a way to release him that inbetween void.

So the idea for Pyro stop bring s priate is interesting it but it'sharder then just him quiting. This is so gor two main reasons. One he runs a crew of pirates, they may follow him any where but pirateing and sacaving is mostly the only way they know how to make a living. Second Pyro has large bounty on his head because of his bounty so that would be needed to be taken care of if hr were to switch his field of work. That being said these challenges could be what would make that idea into more of a arc.

@KingHink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back