OOC for Midheavens

This is a rather late response but for what it is worth I am still very much interested in this rp.

That's wonderful. I've come to the decision that a soft relaunch (keeping the characters and most of the events of the current RP) is the best option for this situation.

There's some lore that will need to be added, and some plot stuff I need to iron out, so the first post for the relaunch will most likely come tomorrow.

If you're still ironing out details, don't rush yourself. An RP that stands the test of time is one you can take your time with. Take a few days, take the week depending on your schedule and don't relaunch until you're satisfied with what you've reworked. We're all still here. :)

If you're still ironing out details, don't rush yourself. An RP that stands the test of time is one you can take your time with. Take a few days, take the week depending on your schedule and don't relaunch until you're satisfied with what you've reworked. We're all still here. :)

Thank you for that. It will probably be sooner than later, though, because I'm on spring break and have free time to burn for this :coolshades: That said, I'll be sure I'm completely happy with my preparations before I implement them.

Hello all! Really excited to be joining this RP here, it seems like this will be a fascinating and epic story! I just finished creating my charrie Dream, feel free to check her out!

I'd also love to talk to each of you about how our charries may know each other or have a relationship (or rivalry... Or frenemy. Bromance perhaps?)

Look forward to starting this with you all
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Epiphany Epiphany Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert Exanis Exanis Kimona Kimona Alterius Alterius
And whoever else is active in this ^_^

Hello all! Really excited to be joining this RP here, it seems like this will be a fascinating and epic story! I just finished creating my charrie Dream, feel free to check her out!

I'd also love to talk to each of you about how our charries may know each other or have a relationship (or rivalry... Or frenemy. Bromance perhaps?)

Look forward to starting this with you all
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko Epiphany Epiphany Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert Exanis Exanis Kimona Kimona Alterius Alterius
And whoever else is active in this ^_^

imma read her now, and HEY KEI!!! <3 yayyy!

im eager to get rping here again! :D <3 ^^

want something between Dream and Wings?

Here are some updates on what will be changing in the relaunch:
  • Tomorrow night will likely be the initial post.
  • All current Midheavens (not soon-to-be Midheavens) know each other as at least acquaintances. This is because there is some level of community between Midheavens - they're brought together by their local magical bird Arisu, they meet going after the same Nadirs, etc.
  • All non-Midheavens will become Midheavens fairly soon (in two pages of posts or less), because as much as I want magical heroism to unite characters, I really want to roleplay someone becoming a Midheaven.
  • There will be an event (likely a Nadir-hunt) kicking off the story.
  • Midheavens will be able to detect Nadirs, recognizing their "increasingly distorted regions of reality" before they've started to walk in. This comes in the form of scents that don't belong that only Midheavens can smell, and headaches that increase in intensity as they get closer to the Nadir (the headache goes away when they transform).
  • The "What the Midheavens Know About Magic" section will be updated to expand on what is known about Nadirs, and what to expect when fighting them.

Just FYI, I've been super tanked this week getting ready for an all-week onsite next week. I'm likely to be slow and brain-dead for a bit. Hopefully I'll have more brain bandwidth this weekend and/or evenings of next week. Just thought I'd comment on why I haven't been commenting. :)

Just FYI, I've been super tanked this week getting ready for an all-week onsite next week. I'm likely to be slow and brain-dead for a bit. Hopefully I'll have more brain bandwidth this weekend and/or evenings of next week. Just thought I'd comment on why I haven't been commenting. :)
It's okay; I understand!

Keidivh Keidivh My guy and yours could possibly know each other since they're the same age and are both on the poorer side.
(Just looked at my dude's profile and OH MY GOD. The update really did him wrong)

Fantastic Nadirs and How to Fight Them:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/what-the-midheavens-know-about-magic.290191/#post-7633187

The relaunch starts tonight, at which point the Constellation Claims will be updated and inactive players will be removed. Our active players include:
1. Keidivh Keidivh - Dream Caregiver - The Snake
2. Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert - Akoya Simmons - The Crystal Cluster
3. Epiphany Epiphany - Sunshine Constable - The Drum
4. Kimona Kimona - Lyric Mirror - The Candle
5. Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko - Wings Choriste - The Butterfly
6. Exanis Exanis - Storm Ververs - The Plum Tree
7. Alterius Alterius - ??? - The Snowflake

Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert
That sounds good to me! Would be likely considering she spends so much time wandering the poorer reaches of the city! Want to PM to figure that out?

Quincunx Quincunx
And now we wait
tumblr_o5qo8gC6bq1u6tccbo1_1280.gif

That sounds good to me! Would be likely considering she spends so much time wandering the poorer reaches of the city! Want to PM to figure that out?
Sure. Shoot me a PM. But I'll have to reply sometime later, LOL. :closedeyessmile:

Quincunx Quincunx Is Bowa no longer a part of the rp? (Asking cuz I may wanna make a second character and take the last constellation, LOL)

Sure. Shoot me a PM. But I'll have to reply sometime later, LOL. :closedeyessmile:

Quincunx Quincunx Is Bowa no longer a part of the rp? (Asking cuz I may wanna make a second character and take the last constellation, LOL)

I am giving Bowa until 8 EST, which is when I plan to start the RP. After that, I am no longer considering them part of the RP, as I have given what I believe to be ample warning.

I'll give Storm a bit of a tune up considering this reboot. Nothin' major, but maybe a change of weapon and finding better pictures for him >.>

Quincunx Quincunx YOU DID A GRAND JOB OPENING THE RP.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I DID MY BEST.

Anyone Anyone :

Just so we're clear, you can start your character anywhere you want, as long as Midheavens eventually wind up at the Nadir attacking Mantis. This should present challenges like "how do I get there?" and "how do we decide who gets the Star?".

Non-Midheavens, your job is a little easier. You just start off doing something, and notice a flower-covered white bird ill-suited to being nocturnal flying low. She'll talk to you first, unless your character is the type to talk to animals.

Any of you can start off in the same place, if you want.

I'm going under the impression that all previously made relationships are null and void unless stated otherwise by the corresponding player.

So if you want it to be the same, tell me now.

Epiphany Epiphany & Exanis Exanis
Would my characters and yours still have the same relationship this time around?

I'm going under the impression that all previously made relationships are null and void unless stated otherwise by the corresponding player.

So if you want it to be the same, tell me now.

Not to answer in place of Exanis, but this is a general reminder (that might apply to your question) that this is a soft relaunch where, unless a player says otherwise, relationships and most events from the last time around are still in effect. (Not the stuff with Quietus.)

Users who are viewing this thread