• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [OOC] Companions

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Okay, and I had this thought of what if our characters picked up a random person each on the way and they became our character's companions?
Just to make things even more confusing and add another dynamic

That would be really cool! I know that my character will almost certainly want to get his friend/boyfriend Cyrus on board. I think that if we decide to go in that direction, it should happen slowly, like one companion's companion after every episode. What do you think about that?

Yup, I'm all for that!
And my guy Tem has a friend he met while journeying with the Doctor that he'd like to see again
(I didn't include them in the bio because the idea hadn't occurred to me yet)

Yup, I'm all for that!
And my guy Tem has a friend he met while journeying with the Doctor that he'd like to see again
Exactly!

For an episode it would be cool if our characters stumbled upon a huge space university, and walked in on a lecture about themselves, while looking for a machine piece.

As you can see, I'm rambling as well.

I love that idea! It adds a different twist to the whole roleplay. I didn't watch the classis who either, but it is a cool idea nevertheless, and definitely a possibility.

Since I didn't explain it before, for this roleplay, I was thinking something along the lines of episodes. Every 'episode' would be like in the show, where our characters travel through time and space, and in this case, look for pieces of a machine which could potentially save the Doctor. Of course, in every 'episode' there is the main villain (an alien or a monster...exactly like in the show) and other characters apart from the Companions, as well as the machine piece they are looking for. This would also mean that in an episode, our characters could cross paths with a any Doctor, or even other companions. I think that opens this roleplay up to a great deal of possibilities...

I already have an idea in place for the starting 'episode', and I think it's a really good one!
Sounds good! Maybe each or some of the episodes could be tied to the companions somehow, somewhere significant they've been with the Doctor or something as that would help explain why out of all his companions it was them who was chosen. Plus the TARDIS is sentient so she could have had a hand in it, the Doctor scatters the pieces throughout time or the TARDIS just knows things. Would also give them each more of a way to reflect on why they're helping the Doctor and their time with him as some of them might not have gotten much closure between their time with the Doctor and ordinary life. Would also give us a chance to explore each companion a bit and let them all get to know each-other before the big showdown of whenever we rescue the Doctor?

But regardless the episode idea sounds pretty fun, be great to see what you come up with in regards to the aliens/monsters/villains. Would it be you doing the villains each time or would you want it to be a rotational thing?

I think the episodes idea is brilliant! And it would open up some really awkward situations if the companions met their Doctor. And some hilarious reactions too.
And can we do a Christmas special episode or something to that effect? Like celebrating Christmas at each of the companion home places or something? My brain is rambling again, but eh, I think you get the point
Would remind me a bit of the River Song thing, everyone awkwardly pushing forwards whoever hadn't interacted with that Doctor whilst the others furiously mutter about spoilers. Though that would create a Paradox of sorts which we could include if we wanted to or just pretend it doesn't exist. And a Christmas special could be pretty fun, so something either goes really bad/well during their search for the Doctor and the Christmas bit would provide everyone with a lull to get some nice old fluff and bonding and such in there. Plus I just really love Christmas! and easter and halloween and new years... I'm a holiday person.

Okay, and I had this thought of what if our characters picked up a random person each on the way and they became our character's companions?
Just to make things even more confusing and add another dynamic
Ay! That could mean the second companion I made isn't entirely redundant. Although we'd have to be careful about getting too many characters in the mix, cooks and broths and all that.

Sorry just saying ideas, sorry if they're crap.

For an episode it would be cool if our characters stumbled upon a huge space university, and walked in on a lecture about themselves, while looking for a machine piece
That would be hilarious

Christmas bit would provide everyone with a lull to get some nice old fluff and bonding and such in there.

Bonding is definitely a good idea! Plus holidays! And FESTIVE HATS!

That would be hilarious

Bonding is definitely a good idea! Plus holidays! And FESTIVE HATS!
I can't believe I forgot about the festive hats, how could I have let you all down like this...see priorities. First the crashing into the console room and now the festive hats, I would be lost without you. In all serious though I do really want a festive hat now.

Sounds good! Maybe each or some of the episodes could be tied to the companions somehow, somewhere significant they've been with the Doctor or something as that would help explain why out of all his companions it was them who was chosen. Plus the TARDIS is sentient so she could have had a hand in it, the Doctor scatters the pieces throughout time or the TARDIS just knows things. Would also give them each more of a way to reflect on why they're helping the Doctor and their time with him as some of them might not have gotten much closure between their time with the Doctor and ordinary life. Would also give us a chance to explore each companion a bit and let them all get to know each-other before the big showdown of whenever we rescue the Doctor?
Yes, I support that 100%!

But regardless the episode idea sounds pretty fun, be great to see what you come up with in regards to the aliens/monsters/villains. Would it be you doing the villains each time or would you want it to be a rotational thing?
As I said, I want this to be a roleplay all of us are in control of, so I wouldn't have anything against somebody else hosting episodes. I will take the first one, but other episodes can be up to you guys. I will just need to tell you what kind of machine piece our characters are looking for next, and then you could adapt your episode around that.

I can't believe I forgot about the festive hats, how could I have let you all down like this...see priorities. First the crashing into the console room and now the festive hats, I would be lost without you. In all serious though I do really want a festive hat now.

Have a hat
20190520_205720.jpg

I just posted the RP thread!

I am terribly sorry for the shitty first post, but I wanted to post it as soon as possible, knowing that I wouldn't be able to post it for the rest of the week.
So I came up with this order:
Israel
Vi
Grant
Georgia
Artemis
Epiphany, according to the list, you are to post next!

Heyyo guys.. I meant to ask you this before, but I forgot. What length of posts would you like to have to post? For our first posts we have these 500-900 word posts, but I'm asking for later. Would you like to have to post longer or shorter posts, or should we just let it be like it is? Should we even have a limit? I'm asking because if we post shorter posts, the story would move along faster, but maybe wouldn't be as detailed as it could be. Then again, some things can't be posted with much detail. What do you guys think?

Player discretion?
Detailed posts if you are describing a person, surroundings or a thought process?
But lesss detailed posts for just simple dialogue?

My typical post is about 3-4 paragraphs. I went big for the initial setup but I imagine the back-and-forth will be a lot shorter and to the point.

Done my post but as I did so I realised something!

Eagleye415 Eagleye415 - with both of our characters being companions of the 12th Doctor who came when? As I had it so that she was instead of Bill time-wise, used the same University but also had it so that it's been a year since she was with him and I'd said she was with him for three years. So timing wise I don't want to contradict yours, I can change my stuff up if need be but I was just wondering where we were time wise? So when was Grant with him so I can fix my post up <3

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that it will be very interesting to see how the Master and Artemis will interact and if they will work together, knowing that Artemis stopped traveling with the Doctor because of the Master's reign of terror.

I just wanted to say that it will be very interesting to see how the Master and Artemis will interact and if they will work together, knowing that Artemis stopped traveling with the Doctor because of the Master's reign of terror.
The idea of the addition of the Master is making me excited! Looking forwards to some villan-y though how would they be introduced? Would they be in it as regularly as the others? Would it be a reluctant partnership or is the Master the villain/main villain in this? Love how we're just on the introduction part of episode 1 and I'm excited for just everything.

I was actually thinking that the Master was in the TARDIS the whole time, in his/her room, sleeping or something. It would be fun if the Master introduced himself/herself as the Doctor, only to mess with our characters at first.

Also the Master cut off Artemis's finger
And the whole time loop death thing won't help either

But it'll be hella fun to RP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back