OOC Chat

Yeeeah... The thing is, I thought they were fine. Which is a problem because I'm also willing to post like that, and since you're not, that's a really bad sign for me.

I would just say 4-5 lines fits my criteria 3 can work if it provides good substance in it.. Also, I am currently replying to everything, and I am about to give you details about the cell door and the hallway, which should give you some substance for the next post. I would say try to match your 1st posts length if that could be accomplished.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just say 4-5 lines fits my criteria. Also, I am currently replying to everything, and I am about to give you details about the cell door and the hallway, which should give you some substance for the next post. I would say try to match your 1st posts length if that could be accomplished.

Then I just failed in my most recent post. I write what I write, I don't like extending my posts to meet an arbitrary criteria. That just makes it flow awkwardly to me. Sorry, I'm not a fit for this.

Then I just failed in my most recent post. I write what I write, I don't like extending my posts to meet an arbitrary criteria. That just makes it flow awkwardly to me. Sorry, I'm not a fit for this.

To be honest, I would've stated that something was wrong with your most recent post, had I felt that it didn't give enough substance. I have a wonky criteria I must admit, I thought it gave a fair amount of substance for what it was. To be honest I should change the definition of the rule, since I seem to be contradicting myself every which way. I feel that if a post has enough SUBSTANCE in it, which I felt was present in your most recent post, then it works fine. If it does not seemingly get enough out there, then I say something. If I felt that way about your most recent post I would have said something, which I have not. So to be honest, to avoid more confusion on the matter, I will probably remove the 1 paragraph limit, since I seem to constantly contradict it, and I seem to be trying to bend it constantly...

To be honest, I would've stated that something was wrong with your most recent post, had I felt that it didn't give enough substance. I have a wonky criteria I must admit, I thought it gave a fair amount of substance for what it was. To be honest I should change the definition of the rule, since I seem to be contradicting myself every which way. I feel that if a post has enough SUBSTANCE in it, which I felt was present in your most recent post, then it works fine. If it does not seemingly get enough out there, then I say something. If I felt that way about your most recent post I would have said something, which I have not. So to be honest, to avoid more confusion on the matter, I will probably remove the 1 paragraph limit, since I seem to constantly contradict it, and I seem to be trying to bend it constantly...

Alright... Can you restore my posts and CS, then? I have a bad history with length requirements, and what I said above is usually the end of any discussion involving them, so I removed them because I assumed it'd be the same here.

Sorry I'm being difficult >.<

1 minute ago, LegoLad659 said:

Alright... Can you restore my posts and CS, then? I have a bad history with length requirements, and what I said above is usually the end of any discussion involving them, so I removed them because I assumed it'd be the same here.

Sorry I'm being difficult >.<

It's fine. It's my fault for being so confusing with what I outline and what I mean.

I'm more surprised that it seems like he's just letting Ari and Meena get away with this horribly, horribly stupid idea.

Ari just isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Her real skills kick in as soon as she gets into combat. In her current situation, she's kinda panicked.

I'm more surprised that it seems like he's just letting Ari and Meena get away with this horribly, horribly stupid idea.

I  was offline during that time. And now I noticed what is going on, and I am going to say it is not going to end well. The idea that there was going to be a button was right, but for the future only (which was always the case, yet it seems I have to bring this up and realistically respond to IC) I dictate what NPC'S do and I determine the success of something like blindly pressing for a button, to clarify the detail to @judea @Maxwell (Mentioning is not working 100%)

I  was offline during that time. And now I noticed what is going on, and I am going to say it is not going to end well. The idea that there was going to be a button was right, but for the future only (which was always the case, yet it seems I have to bring this up and realistically respond to IC) I dictate what NPC'S do and I determine the success of something like blindly pressing for a button, to clarify the detail to @judea @Maxwell (Mentioning is not working 100%)

Not to mention there's no way Ari could search blindly for a button (For long enough to actually FIND it) in "A split second" while the guard's head is turned. The movement of a head takes far less time than the movement of an arm, around a corner, through bars. Not to mention we only knew of the possibility that the button was there, and we assumed it might be in reach, but as Catherine suggested not one post earlier, it might not have been in reach.

Ranting a little bit, sorry. I'll get up and get ready to work now. It's just... The sheer stupid luck required for this insanely dumb idea to actually work is just ludicrous.

Last edited by a moderator:
41 minutes ago, LegoLad659 said:

Not to mention there's no way Ari could search blindly for a button (For long enough to actually FIND it) in "A split second" while the guard's head is turned. The movement of a head takes far less time than the movement of an arm, around a corner, through bars. Not to mention we only knew of the possibility that the button was there, and we assumed it might be in reach, but as Catherine suggested not one post earlier, it might not have been in reach.

Ranting a little bit, sorry. I'll get up and get ready to work now. It's just... The sheer stupid luck required for this insanely dumb idea to actually work is just ludicrous.

Yeah there's a lot of realistic flaws with that, therefore when I have my post come up I will address the issues with the two, it's also going to make getting out of the cell harder, because they now know about attempts to get out. It was honestly supposed to be simple, just wait for the guard to leave, and then look for the possibility of a button being there, and then get the cell door open and move on... It wasn't meant to be rocket science, but now the guards are going to be more alert of attempts to get out.

And unfortunately none of us are Orks 

Like what exactly?

I know Orks, are already freakishly strong so the bars would've been something completely strong, and sturdier in design. Also, I don't know the extent of what kind of tech you are talking about, so I would create a plan for it if I were to hear the details of it on lets say a CS.

I know Orks, are already freakishly strong so the bars would've been something completely strong, and sturdier in design. Also, I don't know the extent of what kind of tech you are talking about, so I would create a plan for it if I were to hear the details of it on lets say a CS.

Ork tech is kind of hard to explain as stated earlier that orks rely heavily on sheer dumb luck rather. They only achieve their technological level through ignorance, if they knew how most, if not all of their tech is plain simply impossible (and that's by 40K standards ) then nothing would work for them

My apologies. I was only attempting to advance the plot, not to mess it up! ;-;

Everything that is meant to push the plot along is being handled by me ok? This is going to be a warning to not to determine the success of anything of the nature, which shall be up to me, also something I should have stated, that I though I did on the rules that sort of applies here, is that I am not going to allow auto-hitting, because this is not meant to be a breeze and your opponents are meant to be deadly, which means more thinking is involved here and that you will have to pick your fights carefully, especially since no one is armed, and even though you may have some combat expertise, does not mean you are invincible, your opponents are supposed to be similar.

1 minute ago, billthesomething said:

Ork tech is kind of hard to explain as stated earlier that orks rely heavily on sheer dumb luck rather. They only achieve their technological level through ignorance, if they knew how most, if not all of their tech is plain simply impossible (and that's by 40K standards ) then nothing would work for them

Oh mhm, well I think that's why Orks are not here right now lol. I would have an equivalent to them lying around to equal it out, oh and that actually counts as a hint for what will be found out later on, if we reach those points. Another thing, remember how I hint that the guards have an inhuman quality to them... Just a little brain food for the future.

Oh mhm, well I think that's why Orks are not here right now lol. I would have an equivalent to them lying around to equal it out, oh and that actually counts as a hint for what will be found out later on, if we reach those points. Another thing, remember how I hint that the guards have an inhuman quality to them... Just a little brain food for the future.

So you're plan for if someone were to join as an Ork Wyrd Boy (Closest thing that Orks have to scientists) would be to put them into a tiny metal box. Also am making a guess that we have been kidnapped by some sort of eldritch horror and the guards are essentially minithulus 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back