• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy {OOC} An Adventure of Cowards

Do you want to use Discord for OOC discussions and lore debating alongside this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
lnxuJgf.jpeg

The Order of Seekers

Kirlia is an ancient land. Swaths of knowledge and history have been lost to the ages, swallowed whole by time's endless march. The Order of Seekers teeters on the edge of this oblivion. Once a fellowship of prestige, purpose, and meaning, the Order has since degraded into a shadow of its former self; a loose band of thieves, mad scholars, and foolhardy adventurers barely aware of their lodge's former oaths and purpose, and how they saved the realm several times over.

• Kirlia was once home to many arcane and mystic relics. Some scholars say that these artifacts were shards of creation from when the world was made by the gods. Others postulate they were fragments of pure magic, condensed down into the purest form. Whatever the case may be, these mystical artifacts contained immense power, so much so that they presented a danger to the realm should they fall into the wrong hands.

One such artifact, rumored to be a celestial shard, was used in a battle ages ago. The warring people's names have long been forgotten, but not the result. The shard destroyed an entire continent to the east, now known as Axasterke, reducing what was one a lush and vibrant country into a blasted desert of black sand and spires of ebony glass. After this apocalyptic misuse of power, the rulers of the realm convened to ensure that never again would such a relic be used to cause such death and destruction. Thus, The Order of Seekers was founded.

YH7zcp2.jpeg

Axasterke post-destruction
For those of us who recall (and/or approved) the idea of a central, run-down guild/community that can unite the array of characters in the roleplay, I did take the time to create a brief write-up of the abandoned sanctuary that Aris and her gang will be staying at/fixing up. If y'all would like me to share that, let me know, but my intention was to have our party invite people to the sanctuary as we encounter them and discover their fugitive/criminal-ness.

If y'all have other ideas/suggestions on how to gradually round everyone up in a natural, free-flowing way, shoot it my way. In the meantime, just waiting for the okay from everyone and/or _ChickenWithTeeth_ _ChickenWithTeeth_ regarding the Order and the sanctuaries. 👌

Going to assume the likes on the post were a "yes" to sharing the write-up? 😅

1712336832663.png
Southwestern Sanctuary of the Order

In the southwestern part of the land, between the verdant plains and sprawling desert, is a tranquil landscape that houses a secret and abandoned sanctuary belonging to the Order of Seekers. Sitting atop a ridge, it overlooks the western coast, offering a mysterious and captivating view of the horizon beyond Kirlia. The overwhelming silence within its desolate walls speaks volumes of the years in which it has been forgotten; its once-noble purpose of protecting adventures now faded with time.

The ward over the sanctuary remains, magically inhibiting wanderers from finding it until revealed by the Seekers' Cant.

• 1712336879143.png
    Main Hall

Upon entering the sanctuary, one is greeted by a staircase that descends into a large hall that has been overrun with vegetation, its many pillars tainted with moss and vines. Much of what once furnished the room has been reduced to rotten wood scattered across the ground. Blemished tapestries might still be found, though the images they bear are ruined beyond recognition. The stairs at the entrance stretch to the left and to the right, offering a means of accessing the upper floors of each wing. Underneath the stairs are two doors that lead to a hollow, interconnected room that was once used for storage in the past. Astonishingly, the room remains intact, merely dirty and dampened with rusted crates and equipment placed about.

1712336892034.png
    The Terrace

Past a corridor is a stone terrace that overlooks the ridge, providing a view of the western coast. Much of the stone railing has crumbled, and though offering a sense of peace and awe to an extent, one might look upon it and fear the fall that waits underneath. The crashing waves resound from the ocean beyond it, and the salty air fills the atmosphere outside. The silhouette of the Kingdom of Breathia is visible in the distance, along with the desert in the opposite direction.

Going to assume the likes on the post were a "yes" to sharing the write-up? 😅

View attachment 1155273
Southwestern Sanctuary of the Order

In the southwestern part of the land, between the verdant plains and sprawling desert, is a tranquil landscape that houses a secret and abandoned sanctuary belonging to the Order of Seekers. Sitting atop a ridge, it overlooks the western coast, offering a mysterious and captivating view of the horizon beyond Kirlia. The overwhelming silence within its desolate walls speaks volumes of the years in which it has been forgotten; its once-noble purpose of protecting adventures now faded with time.

The ward over the sanctuary remains, magically inhibiting wanderers from finding it until revealed by the Seekers' Cant.

• View attachment 1155274
    Main Hall

Upon entering the sanctuary, one is greeted by a staircase that descends into a large hall that has been overrun with vegetation, its many pillars tainted with moss and vines. Much of what once furnished the room has been reduced to rotten wood scattered across the ground. Blemished tapestries might still be found, though the images they bear are ruined beyond recognition. The stairs at the entrance stretch to the left and to the right, offering a means of accessing the upper floors of each wing. Underneath the stairs are two doors that lead to a hollow, interconnected room that was once used for storage in the past. Astonishingly, the room remains intact, merely dirty and dampened with rusted crates and equipment placed about.

View attachment 1155275
    The Terrace

Past a corridor is a stone terrace that overlooks the ridge, providing a view of the western coast. Much of the stone railing has crumbled, and though offering a sense of peace and awe to an extent, one might look upon it and fear the fall that waits underneath. The crashing waves resound from the ocean beyond it, and the salty air fills the atmosphere outside. The silhouette of the Kingdom of Breathia is visible in the distance, along with the desert in the opposite direction.
Very well done! It’s definitely a great place of respite as everyone comes together when they’re found!

Indeed. Good picks for the art; it has this familiarity, kinda like the fort in DS2's Forest of Fallen Giants and Majula. Yes, I still have that brain rot.

Not to be that guy, but it's been two weeks without word. If we don't hear from them in another week, should we attempt to launch this ourselves?

Not to be that guy, but it's been two weeks without word. If we don't hear from them in another week, should we attempt to launch this ourselves?
Oh, whew. I was afraid I was the only one thinking that. I wish we could jumpstart things in less than a week, but if everyone would prefer to give it that much time, I'll wait.
Nonetheless, if things don't get moving, I would very much like to start things off ourselves. Nothing against Chicken, it'd just be a shame to let all the good ideas and excitement go to waste.

Oh, whew. I was afraid I was the only one thinking that. I wish we could jumpstart things in less than a week, but if everyone would prefer to give it that much time, I'll wait.
Nonetheless, if things don't get moving, I would very much like to start things off ourselves. Nothing against Chicken, it'd just be a shame to let all the good ideas and excitement go to waste.
We've worked hard on this for a month now. While I wouldn't mind pushing ahead ASAP, I also believe in giving the one who set this universe in motion a fair chance to either launch it or allow us to take the reins.

We've worked hard on this for a month now. While I wouldn't mind pushing ahead ASAP, I also believe in giving the one who set this universe in motion a fair chance to either launch it or allow us to take the reins.
I agree! I was trying not to be too quick to jump to conclusions, but all of us have invested in this and I didn't want it to go down in silence. I think-- if necessary, a few GMs could probably take this and do something cool with it if Chicken doesn't come back.

I agree! I was trying not to be too quick to jump to conclusions, but all of us have invested in this and I didn't want it to go down in silence. I think-- if necessary, a few GMs could probably take this and do something cool with it if Chicken doesn't come back.
Corn Orc Vandal Corn Orc Vandal has already volunteered and reached out to Chicken, so if things go south and we move on without them, I nominate Corn as one GM, lol. Aside from that, I trust you and Goonfire Goonfire as well.

Corn Orc Vandal Corn Orc Vandal has already volunteered and reached out to Chicken, so if things go south and we move on without them, I nominate Corn as one GM, lol. Aside from that, I trust you and Goonfire Goonfire as well.
I would be willing to step up, but my personal schedule could complicate that somewhat. For context, I'm in The Army in real life, so I often have random and unexpected times where I may be gone for a week or more depending; I'd definitely need a Co-GM for those times. However, if that's not too major of an inconvenience, I'd be willing to give it my best!

I agree with the selections and I think everyone in it has proven to be good contributors in terms of activity and lore-- yourself included. I appreciate the trust and return it in kind.

I would be willing to step up, but my personal schedule could complicate that somewhat. For context, I'm in The Army in real life, so I often have random and unexpected times where I may be gone for a week or more depending; I'd definitely need a Co-GM for those times. However, if that's not too major of an inconvenience, I'd be willing to give it my best!

I agree with the selections and I think everyone in it has proven to be good contributors in terms of activity and lore-- yourself included. I appreciate the trust and return it in kind.
Call this quite the committee. I'm flattered and trust you, as well.
Heh, this is definitely a creative collective I wouldn't want to lose to inactivity. I suppose we have a plan then, if Chicken doesn't come online anytime soon and nobody else objects. ✌✨

Hi folks! I PM'ed Chicken last Thursday and haven't received a response yet; I hope everything is ok with them. Like you all, I've also been thinking about this RP and what we should do if Chicken doesn't return. We have a good plan laid out here: If we don't hear from Chicken by next week, say, Monday the 15th, then we should re-launch the RP with the same concept and cast of characters, now under new (and hopefully temporary) management. I think a triumvirate of co-DMs would be great; Aegis Aegis , Goonfire Goonfire , and myself if no one is opposed! Should Chicken return, we could relinquish our benevolent GM titles and continue as normal, no problem.

RPs tend to fizzle out, and I'm already wondering how many players are still hanging around, so I think Chicken wouldn't have a problem with us doing this in their absence. I think in the meantime, I'm going to PM Aegis Aegis and Goonfire Goonfire to talk logistics and whatnot. If we don't hear from Chicken soon, hopefully we can get started by next Friday! 😁

I hope Chicken will answer until then and also that they're fine, otherwise it will look like we started a revolution and conquered the world he started creating haha
I think we should use the rule about activity on them which ironically Chicken wrote down themselves. Btw I'm still around if someone was wondering~

Hello rakshasa rakshasa and Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy ! I kind of outlined our plan in my last post, but basically, we’re waiting on Chicken to return; if they don’t by next Monday, our plan is to relaunch the RP under new management, that being Goonfire, Aegis, and myself. This is pretty much in accordance with the rules Chicken laid out, since they said if anyone is inactive, including the DM, we can progress the RP without them.

Once we get a headcount of all the players still interested, we may or may not open the RP up to others, but we’re hoping to get the IC going by next Friday either way.

In the meantime, I just set up a Discord server for the RP, so feel free to join!

Last edited:
Hello rakshasa rakshasa and Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy ! I kind of outlined our plan in my last post, but basically, we’re waiting on Chicken to return; if they don’t by next Monday, our plan is to relaunch the RP under new management, that being Goonfire, Aegis, and myself. This is pretty much in accordance with the rules Chicken laid out, since they said if anyone is inactive, including the DM, we can progress the RP without them.

Once we get a headcount of all the players still interested, we may or may not open the RP up to others, but we’re hoping to get the IC going by next Friday either way.

In the meantime, I just set up a Discord server for the RP, so feel free to join!

Click here for da discord

Alright, i'll check it out

Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy Rohan Rohan riwole_ riwole_ ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki sorengg sorengg mocca mocca rakshasa rakshasa

We're just taking a quick roll call to see who is still invested. If you received the @, it means we just haven't heard from you in recent days. We simply need a sign you're still alive and with us, at least a reaction to this post.
i'm sooooo sorry guyssss, i've been really busy with other roleplays and i forgot about this one. Just summarize everything that happened in the past thirty days or so that i havent been active in, i'll hoplefully do all i can!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back