• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

bxbydoll

🏐
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Your train station awaits you. You may take broom, Train. Any sort of thing to get you transported to your Academy. Setting starts off in your room, reading your letter over, and over again about your house, and the school in general. You think of it as (insert emotion here). Will you tell your parents? Will you accept?
Hello! I’m Miss Evergreen, Headmistress of Onyx Academy. We here know about your quirk, and we would like to help. Our faculty here is very interested in you becoming A student here for 3 years. You’ll have unlimited visits here, with your family. We don’t like to hold student’s hostage, but if you do accept! You need a Mouse, Cat, Owl, or Frog. Just for a companion, so you can teach. (Insert name here), we’d be glad to open you to our Academy. We feel you will like it very much here. In this envelope is 50$ (in your world’s cash) but, it’s 200$ here in Øxford County. When you accept, and get packed, you will be (Insert dorm number) with (insert another witches name). She/He is the same like you. We pick 20 students each year, who have quirks like you do. We hope you accept!

Onyx Academy, 15 1/2 Station. Ask Mr. Brown, he will direct you to the train station.

That’s all.
Miss. Evergreen

Last edited:

FC54418A-ADD3-4772-9F00-288F489479FC.png
Luna Simmons | Interactions: Herself, her mother| Location: Bedroom

Luna scampered out of her room to check the mail. Her magazine was coming in the mail! Luna was very excited. She had bedhead, and was in pajama shorts and a t-shirt. She opened her door, and ran put into her hallway. Luna coughed, but ran down the steps in a hurry. “Mom, i’m checking the mail!” And her mom responded back “Okay!” Luna slipped into the kitchen to grab her breakfast, a piece of toast, and slipped on her house slippers. “Izzy. Don’t make yourself comfy. You have school today. In an hour.” And Luna said in one breath, “Yeahmomiknowimjustcheckingthemaiiiil!” And ran out.

After Luna checked the mail, her magazine and two more letters was awaiting for her. “Dang! I have...3 pieces of letters!” She said and ran inside. “Mom! I’m geeeetting dressed!” Luna yelled. She ran upstairs and threw on a shirt as she read one of her letters. It was for her robotics. “Sweet!” she said to herself. “I won 2nd. 200$ for me!” Luna smiled, and threw on some shorts. Luna’s hair was pulled up into buns, and she cleaned her glasses. She opened her other letter and stopped.

“..Wha..? I’m...Huh?! A Magic School?! Like Hogwarts?! Sweet!”

Luna said, but said sadly “I have to run away? B-But...I like it here..I’m going to go to Hogwarts.“ she decided and pulled out her wand from under her bed. “I haven’t used this is in a while.” she lied. “Okay, maybe 4 months ago” and looked around her room. She packed her bag, and her mom yelled “LUNA!” and she gasped. She packed even faster and summoned a clone of her. Luna put an invisibility spell on her as she worked to get herself packed and ready. Still reading the letter. Her mom stormed in. “Your bus just passed. And why the hell aren’t you dressed?! I swear,-“ her mom said sternly. “Mom! I was reading.” And her mom swiped the clone’s magazine. “You’ll get this after school.” she took it away. Cloney whined “But moooooooooom!” And Luna was ready. Her mom left the room.

Last edited:
Jade sat cross legged on her bed, staring at the letter clutched in her hands. She had thought she was alone, she had thought she was a freak. Some days, it was overwhelming. The emotions around her could be so strong. Sometimes she couldn't find the difference between what she felt and what everyone else did. Even know, she could sense the emotions of her mother down the hall cooking lunch. She knew of course that she would say yes. It was MAGIC, and she had it. The only real problem would be what to tell her mother. Since her father had left, it was just her and her mom, and she felt guilty how quickly she had made the decision to leave her mother alone. But she felt she didn't have much of a choice. Between the surge of raw emotions and waking up to random locations, she knew she had to get control of her powers. Taking a deep breath, Jade went to talk to her mom.

"Hey mom... I got a letter for a school. They say they can help me with my... issues." Her mother smiled at her. She knew all about her daughter's issues. Since it was just the two of them, they had become very close, and Jade knew she could confide anything to her mother. It had taken a while for her to accept it, but she knew her daughter was no liar.
"Then of course you'll have to go. Let me see that letter." Her mother scanned it, laughing softly. "Quirks is one word for it. Okay, honey. Let's get you ready for school." Mom and daughter exchanged a quick hug, and set off together.

Luna jumped down. She bumped her elbow on the dumpster, but she was okay. As Luna set off, she ran down the neighborhood block and turned, bumping into some people. “Excuse me..” she whispered and kept running. Her letter said she has a girl named Jade..? That’s so cool! Maybe me and her will have something in common. Luna thought, laughing along the way. After 2 minutes, she passed Tudors. She went in and quickly ordered a biscuit, then ran back out. She was clutching her magazine, and read it, looking up at some points. “Man! That Alissa kid is so cool, i want to be like her and name a fancy academy after me!”

Luna still hadn’t made it until she pulled out the money she had left. Her glasses fell off, and luckily, they were at the train station. On the floor. She immediately put them back on, and coughed from all the smoking down there. “Here i go, i guess..”

Jade and her mom made their way to the train station. Jade was weighed down by a small suitcase containing a week's worth of clothes, her toothbrush, hairbrush and some toothpaste. She wasn't really sure what to expect, and wanted to be prepared for anything. It wasn't every day a person got invited to a magical school, after all. Jade wondered about this Alissa Onyx. How could the world at large not know about her?

"Honey, your letter mentioned a roommate. What's their name?"
"Umm... It says her name is Luna. I hope she's nice." Jade's mother nodded.
"Luna, that's right. It's a lovely name. I'm sure they matched you two for a reason. We both know you could use a friend."

"Moooom," Jade complained, even though it was true. She had always found it hard to talk to people, and the newfound powers didn't help. It kept her separate from everyone else. So she secretly agreed with her mother. It would be great to meet people she didn't have to keep secrets from.

Luna smiled as she went down, not being afraid of the people down there. She although did cough a lot, but she managed to find a man. “Hello, Luna. I’m Mr. Brown.” And Luna jumped. “Oh my god, i’m so sorry, you scared me.” And Mr. Brown laughed. “Eh, it’s usual. We wait for your room mate, Jade Moon.”and Luna nodded, pulling out her magazine.

Luna encountered her bag on the floor, and she grabbed it. Mr. Brown had his phone out, looking at the latest posts. Luna grabbed her wand and put it in her hoodie, so nobody could steal it.

Last edited:
Rico leaned on his staff, standing right on the edge of the platform. Saraa was perched on his shoulder, looking around. He sensed a slight restlessness from her; she wanted to fly. “Go ahead, but be back before the train leaves.” he said quietly to her, and the falcon spread her wings, taking to the air.
Rico watched his falcon circle around the station. He closed his eyes, stretching his consciousness out to Saraa’s. Suddenly a new image appeared in his mind, sharp and precise. The vision of a raptor. She circled above the crowds, and Rico could see individual faces. He picked out a familiar one and retreated from Saraa’s mind. Another teacher, and what appeared to be a student. Rico smiled, picking up his bag. He strode across the station, his staff marking out each pace with a metallic tap. He slung his bag over one shoulder as he walked, weaving his way through the crowd. Once or twice he had to look through Saraa’s eyes to spot Brown and the student, but he did find them.
Rico finally made his way to them. He nodded to Brown, smiling as he looked at the student. “Hello,” he said, holding out his arm as he sensed Saraa approaching. The falcon landed on his forearm, hopping over to his shoulder after a moment and preening her feathers. “You must be a new student.” he continued, reaching up to stroke Sarra’s feathers, “I’m Rico Inja, I teach magic theory.”

Luna looked at Rico. “Hello Mr. Inja. I’m Luna, Luna Simmons.” She introduced herself. Her article about Alissa was put away, into her bag. “We’re waiting for Jade Moon, my dorm mate.” she coughed right after that, but smiled. “It’s very nice to meet you. I like your falcon.” Luna complimented. “I’m very excited to be a student here at Onyx Academy.” She said, meaning every word of it. Luna‘s bag fell over, and she picked it up without a problem, but her tablet fell out. Luna watched as she picked it up, a guy breakdancing. She laughed at that.

Jade came puffing up, slightly out of breath. She had said her goodbyes to her mother, promising to write, before dashing in the direction she hoped was the right one. She was red in the face and sweating a bit as she stumbled up to the group gathered there. For a moment, she was quiet even a group this small making her nervous before she finally forced out some words.

"Umm...Hello. Is this the right place for people going to the Onyx Academy? I hope I'm not late, I had some trouble finding this place." Realizing she'd been talking quite a bit, Jade blushed and looked down at her feet. Her nerves were wound tight and her stomach felt like it was doing spins. It was ironic given her power how often she was late, and she could only imagine the humiliation of having to go home after all this excitement.

“Hello, Miss Moon! You are in the right place, and i believe that Rico here is going to take you to the welcoming ceremony.” Mr. Brown said. “Why don’t you sit down for a moment?” He said, as he went on “Here is Miss. Simmons, or Luna. She like Alissa Onyx very much.” Mr. Brown introduced her, and she waved. ”Hiya, i’m Luna. Nice to finally meet you, Jade.” Luna smiled. ”I think we’re dorm mates.”

Mr. Brown nodded. “What a shame for Ally. If she was still alive, she’d still be in the school today.” Mr, Brown said sadly. “If you heard of Alissa Onyx, you’ll be studying more about her.”

{ Also! In the Lore thread, is the welcoming ceremony. You can respond in here while Miss. Evergreen talks, but only put that you’ve attended it by putting your name:
Ex: bxbydoll bxbydoll (Luna) }​

Jade gave Mr. Brown a grateful smile before flumping down into a sitting position. Jade gave Luna a friendly wave back and an uncharacteristically large smile.
"Hi! I'm Jade. It's very nice to meet you, Luna. I hope we can be friends." Jade blushed. She wasn't normally a bold person, but she figured she should make an attempt when it came to her new roommate. She perked up at the mention of Alissa Onyx. She hadn't been able to read much on her, but she seemed like a fascinating figure.
"I'd love to hear more about Alissa. I don't know much, but it seems like she was really brave. I wish I could be more like that..." Jade said, looking down at her feet.
(Read and understood. Jade Moon)

Last edited:
Rico smiled. He'd had Allie in his class, and she was one of his more memorable students, even before what had happened. "She was a wonderful person, and an great student." he shook his head, "She didn't deserve what happened." he reached into his pocket, pulling out a piece of jerky and feeding it to Saraa thoughtfully. He tapped his staff against the ground absently, the earth under it changing shapes randomly.

“She really didn’t.” Mr. Brown said softly. “But she saved the academy.”

Luna was admiring all of this. “Nice to meet you, Jade.” And Mr. Brown nodded. “She was a really good girl. She said I was a great teacher.” And Luna nodded. “Alissa-she’s the best. She’s really brave.” Luna shifted. “To save the academy.” Luna sighed. “I have an article about her..“ and she pulled her bag to her. Luna didn‘t pull it out, though. Luna said finally “Hey, who’s the Headmistress? Miss. Evergreen, right?” Mr. Brown nodded.​

Jade smiled shyly at Mr. Injo. She understood losing someone before their time, though in her case it wasn't death, but a choice to leave her behind. It didn't bother her anymore, though it had at the time. Still, she understood the pain of loss all too well.

"I'm sorry for your loss. Both of you." Jade's smile turned sad as she wondered just how many people had given their lives to stop the destruction of that war. Jade's eyes flicked curiously to Luna's bag, but as she didn't pull anything out, she settled on looking at her feet again, until she heard an odd sound.

Click-clack. Click clack. Looking up, Jade noticed a very tall, thin man approaching. He wore a full three piece suit regardless of the day's weather and carried some sort of sling around his body. He approached slowly, limping slightly in his left leg, leaning slightly upon an ornate cane. A brief nod to Injo and Mr. Brown was given at his approach before he stopped at the growing gathering.

"Ah, Mister Injo. Mister Brown. A pleasure." Malachi turned his attention to the girls in front of him.
"These must be some of our new students. Welcome to Onyx Academy. I am Malachi MacTarnahan, and I shall be teaching you the noble subject of Social Studies."

"Um... hi..." Jade managed to squeak out. Truth be told, this man who towered over her intimidated her a little bit, though she was curious what he was carrying in the sling that wrapped around from right shoulder to left hip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back