• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Thousand Birds

Twenty minutes later, he walked out of the shop, somehow even FILTHIER than he was before. Jay had a huge ramen broth stain on the front of his shirt, and his pants had an amalgamation of various sauce stains on them. He gave a giant groan as he started towards the village outskirts, hoping for the possibility of having a quiet moment to himself without any other hellish activities for the day. "Seriously, how did soy sauce get all over the ceiling?!" he thought as he quickly scaled a tree. "And all of that broth and produce on the floor...which animal DID that?!" Jay reached the top and sat down on a branch, finally able to rest his sore muscles.

Kotone had huffed and merely crossed her arms when the Anbu appeared, too unhappy to have noticed that one of the calmer jonin had taken all the water that had soaked them. She might've felt a bit embarrassed or even a bit of misplaced remorse for the Anbu having to show up to deal with the ruckus that Makoto had caused, but she was too busy stewing in her own annoyance at the two jonin that had tried to kill all of them for the actions of only two people. She didn't bother listening when the Anbu began speaking, as it would probably just be more scolding.

Her arms fell away when she realized that the teacher had entered the room, and her expression turned into a mix of surprise and fear. She visibly flinched when the woman basically yelled at them, and resisted the urge to put her head in her hands. Instead she settled with stiffening, opening her mouth as if to explain herself and then promptly snapping shut when the teacher told them to leave. Leave? Was she se-

She apparently was serious, as Kotone's thoughts were rudely interrupted by a screech of 'Go!'. She jumped slightly, along with most of the other students, and left quickly, her thoughts a jumble of shame and confusion.

What would happen on Monday?

- - -

Apparently nothing would happen on Monday, as other than the teacher glaring at those who had caused the most trouble, nothing else went wrong. Kotone had nervously addressed the teacher and the other proctors with as much respect and politeness as she could manage, and had successfully produced the required number of clones.

She couldn't stop the smile from coming onto her face when she re-entered the classroom triumphantly as a genin. Not even Makoto's yelling could ruin her good mood. Speaking of Makoto, Kotone glanced over at the girl, figuring that it was dumb luck that allowed her to pass, and nothing more.

Then the teams were announced, and Kotone nearly laughed in relief and leftover spite at not being on the team with Makoto. She actually was kinda satisfied with her team, as they probably wouldn't be annoying. When Team Four was announced, her first thought was that it was a very bad decision, but her second thought was that Tetsune most likely deserved being stuck on the team with Makoto. Tangled within her amused thoughts about Team Four, she barely managed to catch the last half of what her new sensei had said.

Something about training ground five.. Kotone sighed, closing her eyes for a brief moment to reflect on how rude she must've appeared to her sensei, before leaving and heading to the location specified. When she arrived, one of her teammates was already there, so she simply waited for the third member, having nothing to say. Only out of habitual politeness did she bow slightly to Ryoichi.

Tetsune had kept his eyes forward, avoiding all eye contact while waiting for the last one to arrive, or for it to be time to start, or... whatever it was they were actually waiting on. Soon enough, he heard the pounding of footsteps, followed shortly by her exhausted breaths marking her arrival. The boy did nothing to acknowledge her, save for the subtle raising of his ear, but otherwise maintained an impassive expression, arms folded over his chest.

Soon the twin jounin - honestly, two senseis? was this a joke? - began to instruct them. Had she really been late? Makoto had arrived mere minutes after he had, himself, but evidently they had some surefire way of telling. A punishment was expected from the sadist, but the moment he mentioned the Forest of Death, Tetsune couldn't keep the surprise from his face. Eyes widening, he looked up to Midnight, then Night, then whipping his head to look back at Makoto.

He couldn't be serious. He was out of his mind. That place was for genin turning chuunin, not for kids fresh out of the academy, even if they were in the company of a jounin. What was she going to do in there? This was outrageous. Then nice guy over here was just letting him get away with it, even though he probably knew how wrong it was, if not feeling even more passionate about it. Tetsune turned to look back at the two jounin, glaring at them. Each in two very different ways, they were both losing any degree of respect they previously had from the boy very quickly.

Tetsune's face twisted into something even more sour, but came up to Night's side to follow after him nevertheless. "What, don't have the balls to say anything?" he sneered unpleasantly, convinced Goody-Two-Shoes here wouldn't do a thing about his comments, no matter how curt.

Asuka

Asuka rolled her eyes at the message she received. "Of course I would get the stupid message when I'm busy..." she muttered, tightening the strap across her chest that held her katana. She wasn't able to use it much yet, but she still carried it. Making sure her headband was secure she took off running, grumbling to herself. Heading towards the grounds, she tried to focus on finding her teammates. She wasn't the best at chakra control, but she did have some idea on what to do.

Taking a deep breath, Asuka stopped, closing her eyes for a moment before she started running, having found Teikomai's signature. "Well at least that was quick..." she muttered, hoping to catch up to the girl, wondering if she had any idea on what was going on. She jumped into a tree and took off running once again.

---

Chinatsu

Chinatsu's eyes widened, and she took a half step back before forcing her hands to move, forming the seals for another earth barrier. She wouldn't let Renshii down! He had taken time out of his day to train her, and she would improve! The barrier came up just before the first shuriken arrived, slamming into the earth, sending small clumps of dirt flying off. Chinatsu quickly jumped back, pulling up another barrier right behind the first one as it started to crumble.

---

Ryoichi

Smiling, Ryoichi watched as Kotone arrived. "Hello you two." he greeted. "As it turns out, our third member is ill at the moment, and won't be joining us for now. Hopefully they'll get better soon." he said, leaning back against a post in the ground. "For now, it'll be the three of us getting to know each other and working together. Right now, I have a short training exercise that I want the two of you to complete." he said, watching his students faces. "But before that, do either of you have any questions?"

---

Ren

Ren smirked before her eyes widened, and she let herself fall backwards, avoiding the fire shot at her. Using one of her fans she sent an air current down to slow her fall. As she dropped to the ground she smiled at Ryuu, when she danced out of the way of another blast sent towards her. "Thanks for the compliment, sensei!" she called. "And you're right! Hopefully we can get those boys to smarten up! It'd be nice to have some competition." she said, stalling for time.

The clone blinked, listening to Kamei, but watching Satoru. She could tell that Satoru didn't trust her, and she understood why. Standing up straight and dusting off the bottom of her kimono, the clone stared at the two teammates. "Ren is fighting Ryuu-sensei, and asked me to lead you there." she stated calmly, turning slightly, letting Satoru have the chance to attack if he wanted. "She wasn't sure where the two of you were and if you'd seen the smoke."

Makoto rose up and glared at the Jounin who was scolding her. "Hey! I didn't go to some stupid party! And if it wasn't for that dumb shopkeeper, I would have made it here on time!" Makoto groaned, expecting some lame penalty like extra strengthening exercises or spending more time training then the rest of her teammates. But Makoto's eyes widened in shock when she heard what Midnight's punishment really was. "The Forest of Death?! Like hell I'm going to train in that place!! Especially with some insane person like you! Hell, they call it the Forest of Death for a reason!" she protested. But this guy had made up his mind, and nothing looked liked it could stop him now. Makoto glanced at the other Jounin, hoping that he would set this nut job straight, but even he looked reluctant to stop him. She sighed in defeat, crossing her arms. "Fine, I'll do your damn training..." she huffed, refusing to make eye contact with Midnight. When everybody went their separate ways, Makoto stayed behind for a moment. She growled, balling her hands into fists. "Dammit!" she yelled, throwing a punch into a nearby tree. All the leaves in the tree shook violently, and any small animal that inhabited it escaped the chaos. "Stupid Sadist-Sensei..." She kept muttering curses as she started walking to the Forest of Death.

It took about 20 minutes for Makoto to arrive at the gates of the notorious training grounds. "Alright Sensei, I'm here!! Let's get this stupid training done already!!" she shouted, turning left and right to try to spot Midnight. "That bastard of a teacher's not even here yet," she said under her breath.

Yuzuki

Yuzuki stepped out of the shadow she'd been in after leaving the Academy. Looking around, she started towards the training ground Rin had chosen. Honestly, she didn't care where they trained. She just wanted to make sure that she didn't have to deal with any brats. Rolling her shoulders, she stepped into the training area, looking for her teaching partner, wondering if she was there yet. Of course, she could have just looked for her chakra signature, but she wanted to save as much chakra as she could for dealing with these brats and later her brother. No doubt he'd have some wise cracks to make.

Ikomo

"In the end the tortoise always loses." Thought Ikomo to himself. As the larger than Genin figure came into view he saw the other Sensei Yuzuki come into view. Her face was a obvious mask for annoyance or suspicion. "No better time than now..." He said. Ikomo had recently learned from looking back upon his past how to control his Kekkei Genkai which was looking into something more than a persons being, like a observer who can watch anything. He closed his eyes and willed himself into a state of stasis. He took a step forwards and looked back. Luckily the shell of his body was still there and not moving with him like sometimes. He took another step forwards when he felt a sudden irk. "The fox shall come back after the flood." His stasis shell said to itself. "Dammit." He muttered under lightly. He walked slowly to the shape of a closing in Yuzuki. Her shell had a red interior gas like substance floating around. He walked into her shell. "Better save some chakra for those brats." She thought to herself. "So this is what it's like to be a girl." Thought Ikomo. Yuzuki continued to mentally grumble on and at about five meters away he jumped back into his body. He opened his eyes and felt himself falling to the ground backwards. Fire cannot burn even the smallest stream. He slowed down his thoughts. "Okay. You have three seconds before you hit the ground. Your falling at a faster rate so if you stick your arms out they break. Two seconds. If you can flip then it should work." At one slow second to the ground, almost as if it was a planned motion Ikomo shot his legs up into the air, his hair streaming behind him as his body turn upright. Rin and Shiro just looked at him funny while Yuzuki just smirked. So much for not speaking he thought.

Hana, Sora, Rin, and Shiro

Rin seen Yuzuki arrive at the grounds. "Ah, hello, your Yuzuki correct?" She said greeting her. Shiro shifted out of his stance. and walked over. "Hello Sensei, I'm glad I at least have someone besides my stupid sister to teach-" Shiro said as he was hit in the back of the head with a blast of water knocking him over and sending him rolling across the ground. "I'm sorry about him, but any ways how do you want to do this training session? This is my first time in the leaf village so I'll let you who knows more take lead for now" Rin said. She then turned to see Ikomo show up out of the blue, and doing a flip at that. Shiro got up and gave him a weird look. "So.... Shall we begin?"

Sora watched as Kotone arrived. "Hi" He said. He then looked over to the teacher as she spoke. "I have a question" Sora said sticking his hand up. "What chakra type are you?"He asked. "I'm fire type myself actually" He added in.

Hana ran towards a tree. She started to run up the side of the tree without fail. To use Jikan for periods of time she needed good chakra control so walking up trees came naturally to her. She looked around. Most of this place is covered in water she thought as she looked down from the tree. She jumped down on to the ground and then onto a log floating in the middle of the swamp. She took one step on the water balancing her chakra. then another. and another. then she started to get wobbly before falling backwards into mud. "So much for not getting dirty, guess I'm not that good yet. Oh well, I hope there aren't any crocodiles in this swamp" She said to her self as she made her way through the swamp.

Yuzuki

Yuzuki narrowed her eyes towards Ikomo. He seemed the weirdest one there, she thought to herself before focusing on Rin. She gave the Jonin a polite smile. "Yes, Yuzuki Hanabe." she introduced, before glancing at the three Genin. She smirked slightly. She enjoyed torturing the new kids. It was always fun. "Yeah, let's get started." she said, turning fully to face the brats.

"Listen up brats!" she shouted, crossing her arms, a glare present on her face. "Now let's get one thing straight before we get started. My name is Yuzuki Hanabe and I am an instructor for Team Two. Working with me is Rin Hirasaka from the Village Hidden in the Mist." she stated. "Now, remember this. We are not your friends. We will help you and train you, but we are not friends. Do not complain to us, or you will be sent back to the Academy." she threatened. "Any questions before we begin this first exercise?"

---

Ryoichi

Ryoichi nodded at Sora, listening to his question. "That's good to know, thank you for telling me. I'll make sure to focus on that later on during our training together. In response to your question, my sister Yuzuki and I are water based users, although we have a secondary element we use." he said. "I am lightning and water based, while Yuzuki is wind and water based. I prefer to focus on lightning jutsus rather than water jutsus, but there are times I will use both." he explained. "I hope that answers your question sufficiently." he said with a smile.

Jakunen stood off to the side as she watched Tetsune, then Makoto join her, Night, and Midnight. She didn’t realise or think that either of them were late until Midnight began to tell Makoto off. She frowned as Midnight did so, thinking that like last Monday, he was overreacting and making a big deal out of a fairly minor problem. It was just… unreasonable. Makoto must have been barely late. As he went on, mentioning that as a punishment they alone would train in the Forest of Death, Jakunen’s brow furrowed in confusion. That was a highly dangerous and deadly place, even for shinobi that were on the chunin level. What was Midnight thinking, bringing her there? Wouldn’t he get in trouble? And since they were a team now, whether anyone liked it or not, shouldn’t they at least do their first training… whatever together?

Turning her gaze to Night as she and Tetsune started to walk on either side of him, she realized he didn’t say a single thing about it, or even look like he cared. Tetsune’s voice came from the other side of Night, and Jakunen had to wonder about and silently agree that maybe Night let Midnight just do whatever he wanted because he was too afraid of his insane brother. Feeling still unhappy about this team, she turned her head slightly and looked up at Night’s eyes, joining Tetsune against him.

“Sensei, don’t you think Midnight is dangerous? Why don’t you do anything about him?” Her voice was almost soft, but carried and was clear and cold. Her words on the thin line between polite inquiry and mocking.

- - - - - - - -

Kouun laughed once, shrugging at Zen’s comment about how their broke-ness was her fault. It was, of course, as stated quite a few times now I think.

Thoughts on slaughtering for food? Kouun’s hand immediately went to her pocket, and her fingers played with the dice inside, and her eyes darted to look at them for just a second. But this was a really small matter, and Zen had practically just talked about how she shouldn’t go off her “hunches”. In regards to her dice, she honestly didn’t care what anyone else thought, not even Zen. However, she didn’t want to upset him over what he thought was a small and silly matter, like making decisions based off of dice. And if they said no, don’t go and slaughter some people at a market or store and steal food, then he’d be upset.

Maoh hurried to walk alongside her partner, now thinking about the problem of the tailed beasts. Really, they could just go and kill whoever put out the bounty and take their money without bothering to fight the beasts, but then again… If they fought and won against a team with two, or even just held their own against them, think of how great that would be for her- their publicity! Their names would certainly be more well known, they could even be more famous. Maybe finally be listed in bingo books all over! Maybe have their own special section!

“Slaughtering for food is aaaaa-okay with me!! Anyone who would help us with that probably isn’t very trustworthy, so maybe we’ll get the information on them that we need and kiiill them?”

Last edited by a moderator:

Night&Midnight

Night looked to the one who spoke of him not having enough balls to say something. He only sighed and shook his head patting Tetsune on the head. "It's not that I can't say anything, but it's more of the fact I can tell him anything I want, even argue with him but the point is, No matter how much I try he's still going to do what he wants. If I argue he'll do it forcibly rather then easily. So it's best just to just ignore him. Don't worry about Makato tho, Midnight may be a bit harsh. But he's not one to let anything happen to his students no matter how much they anger him." With that Night looked to the other Genin speaking to him and smiled softly. "He's always had a dangerous nature to him. Just like I've always had the complete opposite. Me and him have been known as the Yin and Yang twins because of our personality. It's not like I haven't tried before." With that he sighed and patted both the students on the head before smiling. "Just give Midnight a short little while, I'm sure he'll bring Makato to us before our lesson is even over."

Midnight, stood on top of the gates of the forest crossing his arms staring down to the loud and mouthy child. "That stupid little attitude will get you killed in here. You want to know why these grounds are for people of the Chuunin rank? Because they learned to respect elders and treat them with respect. Rather then that they know what they're doing and can back their words up with skill. You're so good huh? Then here." He paused only to pull one of his blades out from behind him and sling it down into the chains of the gate slicing an opening to it. "Come on. Go inside if you're so strong, I'd like to see you last more then an hour in there without being scared shitless and to near death with these beasts. If not then turn your ass around, and start walking. If you choose to go back, then you'll start to respect me more as well as my brother or next time I'll throw you into the forest and come back the next day and see how well you did." Midnight glared at the student and watched waiting for her response to him. He waited to see if the student would stop acting up or if they would continue to pretend to be the best.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renshii

Renshii watched Sin be knocked away only to roll over across the ground and redirect rushing back towards Itsuki raising up and hissing as he rushed. After this Renshii's eyes averted to Chinatsu who blocked with two walls and smiled softly. "Chinatsu, come on now what else do you have besides those pretty little walls? Send some counters back my way, try using the stone to make kunais and throw those at me or something, work on your skill by honing in your movements and abilities." Renshii then looked to Itsuki smirking softly while Sin exploded into smoke. "You're doing well, good block excellent movements and form. Be a bit more careful tho, your back is open still and if you were fighting a team, you would have a blade in your back."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuu&Kamei

Ryuu smiled at Ren and laughed grinning wider. "Yea, but they're still genin remember? They still haven't passed the test you have so they still don't have the skills you will. But I believe our time is up, We do have an actual mission you know. So lets get this mission started, as soon as Kamei and Satoru get here we can go over mission basics and statistics such as where we'll be going, how long it'll take and how long you have to get ready. If that's ok with you that is." The man reached down grabbing the cloth he had around him and pulled it free before dropping it letting the wind catch the wind. "I shall give for now."

Kamei looked to the two and shrugged, he wasn't quite sure of what the world was going on but simply frowned not caring really. He was ready for the mission and knew well enough it would take them a little while to get even a finger on the cloth sensei had. Kamei sighed and looked smiled softly reaching in his pouch only to slice his thumb open again. With this he made hand signs and summoned the turtle once more. He grinned widely and looked to the turtle. "Hey Tein, figured you needed to get away from the rest of them a little longer so I figured I'd let you walk with us to Sensei, and would you like to accompany me on the mission?" The turtle slowly nodded his head "Mmmmhm. That sounds nice." He said and began walking with Kamei towards Sensei and the real Ren. "I'm giving up this little test, already know we won't be able to catch sensei, he's to hyper and over powers us a bit to much and we don't have much time left before we start the mission."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zen

Zen smiled and nodded laughing softly pulling his blade and point it to the sky before starting his steps. "And onward off to lunch! Then to kill the stupid little kids. I'm pretty sure we can beat them with ease." With that, Zen smirked and started walking off in the direction he believed the store to be. "Besides quicker we get some food, the quicker we can get this over with. I like the idea of getting more rep anyways. Bigger the bounty the bigger the people that come for us. We may even get lucky and have the Akatsuki come for us. That'd be pretty fun don't you think?" He said and looked to Maoh with a smirk. "That Kisame person. With the sword, I like the sword idea and would enjoy having it. So hopefully we can have fun with them maybe. If not that then have a couple of battles with Konoha, they're said to be the strongest you know?"

Makoto looked up to the voice. "Last time I checked, listening to old farts had nothing to do with surviving this death trap," she said, scowling. She flinced slightly when Midnight used his sword to slice an opening into the gates, but then when he told her tor try to survive in the Forest of Death for more that an hour, she had use all of her will to stop herself from flipping out. Makoto barely wanted to go in there for even a few minutes, but like the jounin said, it was either go in or show some respect. And she refused to show this jounin any form of respect, no matter what the consequence were. Makoto would even go into the Forest of Death just to prove that.

A smirk formed on Makoto's lips, and she looked back up to the jounin. "An hour? That's all I have to do? Ha! That's nothing! I could stand two, or even three hours in this forest! You'll see!!" she yelled, pointing a finger at him.

Tetsune was quick to step away when the jounin decided to pat him on the head. His face contorted into a scowl, a corner of his lip rising into a sneer. What was that? Did he think he needed to baby them? Put things in some sort of simple terms so they could understand? He thought of arguing that he could simply force the other jounin to listen, but this guy was a complete pushover. What could someone like him possibly teach them? Tetsune vaguely wondered if he would be in a better position if he simply left before they started doing started warming up with a few 'butterfly' stretches and trained on his own.

"Yin and yang," the boy droned mockingly, not bothering to hide his annoyance. "Sadist and p****. Seems pretty accurate." It was no use trying to convince either of these jounin to be sensible, it would seem. He wondered vaguely how the other squads were faring. Surely their sensei wasn't as much of a joke as these two. Their whole squad in general was a joke. Possibly the worst possible combination of conflicting personalities, including the teachers who were both idiots.

The boy shook his head with a resigning sigh, attempting to calm himself just as the man decided to try to pat his head again. Tetsune recoiled faster this time, whipping his head to glare at the jounin, anger rekindled even more so than before. "Stop that!" he snapped.

- - - - -

(happened prior to kamei's post)

"Yeah, we just saw that and were heading that way." Satoru decided against acting on his suspicions, instead removing his hand from the pouch and using it to adjust the back of his flak jacket as casually as he could manage. After a moment of neither of the others seeming to take the initiative, he pressed, "Alright, let's go, then." If either of them were clones that were just looking to stab him in the back, he could handle his own against them, he surmised. With that thought, Satoru straightened himself and leaped over to the next tree and headed towards where wisps of smoke were still blooming in the sky, keeping alert for any signs that they may attack him.

Teikomai stopped rather abruptly, nearly falling out of her tree as she stopped almost directly over Hana's position. Why was she wading through the water? About to call out, Teikomai paused. If this were a test of their abilities as ninja, then she should try to remain as stealthy as possible. Still, she had to get Hana's attention somehow- and she didn't want to startle her teammate by dropping down to the ground beside her. People rarely ever noticed Teikomai coming upon them, and the last thing they needed was a startled yelp if they were trying to hide from their sensei. Or wild animals, which was certainly a distinct possibility out here.

Thinking quickly Teikomai pulled a small piece of paper out of her supply bag, she tagged the white sheet with her chakra and folded it carefully into a small crane. There- Teikomai grinned at the regrettably lopsided paper bird, giving it a small boost with a quick breath of air and releasing it. The wings, directed by the small jutsu she had used flapped awkwardly in a half-glide half tumble down to the marshy ground-and hopefully Hana. She waited, perched on a branch thick enough to hold more then just her weight, to grab Hana's attention when she looked up. After all, the teachers could hardly expect them to be able to find a jounin- let alone an anbu on their own.

Ren

Ren narrowed her eyes before glancing at the blue strip flying through the air. She raised her right hand, still holding her fan, signaling for Chirashi. There was a caw and she saw her falcon's black and white feathers zoom by, a blue strip caught in his mouth. She grinned at him before closing the fan in her left hand and putting it across her back. She glanced back at Ryuu with a small glare, before turning on the balls of her feet, and threw a gust of wind at her teacher, before closing the second fan and placing it across the first one.

She sighed slightly before holding out her arm as she started to walk, calling for Chirashi to land on her arm. Once her falcon was settled on her shoulder, still holding the strip, she pulled her hair over her shoulder and started walking towards her two teammates, letting her clone leading them disappear.

---

Asuka

Carefully landing on a branch, she looked around. From what she could tell, both her new teammates should be around this area. Sighing and jumping to the next branch she grinned when she finally saw Teikomai. It was about time! she thought, wondering what her new teacher was planning for them. Silently making her way through the branches, she jumped and landed beside Teikomai. "Hey," she said with a slight grin.

---

Chinatsu

Taking a deep breath, Chinatsu nodded and focused on forming her chakra into the earth, causing it to rise shakily and slowly. She glanced back up at Renshii and saw him focusing on Itsuki for the moment. Taking another breath and she closed her eyes, forming the small clumps of earth into an almost perfect copy of a kunai. Opening her eyes, she ignored the slight strain she felt and sent them flying towards her partner.

Itsuki saw the snake that Renshii had made roll to the side and jump at him at incredible speed. Before it got to Itsuki however, it disappeared in a cloud smoke. Itsuki made note of Renshii's advice to cover his back as well. The rock golem that was protruding from Itsuki's mouth crumbled away into rocks before him. These rocks could be helpful. Itsuki clapped his hands together to use Light-weighted Boulder Justus and make his earth armor lighter. He also noticed Chinatsu form earth into kunai and launch them at Renshii. That's impressive.

Kotone had acknowledged Sora's greeting with a simple nod, her attention drawn back to Ryochi as he began to speak. Feeling that the question asked wasn't really addressed to her, she didn't reply to it instead raising her hand half-way, to signal that she also had a question. "Have you had other teams before?" Without waiting for an answer, she added, "And, what's the point of getting to know each other?"

A frown began to form on Jakunen's face as Night explained (in an incredibly annoying way, she felt, like he was coddling them) how he could try, but it wouldn't change anything, because Midnight would do it... forcibly? Why was he even a teacher then, if not even Night could control him? It didn't sound like something that would be allowed by-

Jakunen's thoughts were cut short as Night patted her on the head. Not expecting this, she involuntarily flinched, ducking her head down, wondering what was he doing? She stared at her teacher, her eyes slightly widened, her hands halfway up in a gesture of what would've been protecting her head. She felt bewildered, a little bit frightened at the sudden touch, and angry all at the same time, and for once her expression probably showed it. For her, it was a really strange, alien thing. She'd never been patted before, or hugged, or really anything. She was never friends with anyone and for the first half of her life everyone was cold and distant, and it didn't change a whole lot after she came to the leaf. She never paid much attention to anyone else, preferring her own thoughts. She had trained on her own and worked on her own and other than when she was in the classroom she was alone, and even then the other people had just kind of happened to be there.

All this was fairly distracting, and she barely heard Tetsune's comments.

________

Kouun walked along with Zen, the thought of food, or maybe just her hunger, making her stomach rumble.

"The Akatsuki after us, huh? I hope. That would certainly makes thing a lot more exciting, haha. If we manage this, we'll be so famous!" She did a little jump in the air and twirled, laughing almost madly.

"Ooh look, the store!" When they were near enough for it to come into focus, she gestured at it with a wide wild wave of her hand, the prospect of what was coming up in a matter of minutes beginning to become even more exciting.

Night&Midnight

Night shrugged off the remark from Tetsune. "No worries. You'll learn soon enough. Now lets get to the training grounds. We're going to work on the clones. I only want a single clone out of both of you. And thise time I want you to put more chakra into the clone. This will make the clone a solid form rather then just an image. The clone I would like you to produce will be able to copy your movements. Chakra and all. They'll be able to charge chakra and fight as you do. These are called shadow clones." With this Night continued to walk until he reached the training grounds.

Upon reaching the grounds he turned back to the two students who he hoped had followed him and began speaking once more. "The clones I'll be showing you will be a bit different from mine. Mine will be made of water while yours will be made of simple shadows and such. Your clones will be called the shadow clone. I want you to work on this and that will be the lesson today." He then demonstrated the jutsu only to have water from the small little lake nearby to form into a copy of Night. The man looked to his clone and made a few hand signs. "Water Release:Water wall jutsu" After speaking a wall of water launched up infront of him. The clone copied him and made a wall the same size before falling into a puddle. "See, dispersing and losing chakra control will cause your clone to fall apart like mine just did."

Midnight stared down at the student and jumped landing beside her. "Three hours eh? Well then, sounds perfect to me." With this, Midnight grabbed Makato's arm and began walking dragging her in there. "Lets get moving then. Quicker we get in here the more fun we can have." The man began laughing and grabbed his sword as he walked by it putting it back in the slot on his back. Upon entering the forest of death he grinned widely the shark like teeth showing in his mouth. "Smell the open forest air? Sounds like death to me!" He then looked to Makato to see the reaction she would have. "Pretty isn't it?" He didn't plan on hurting the student just teaching her that disrespecting her elders can have dire consequences. "Don't worry tho, theres scarier things out in the world then you'll see in here."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renshii

Renshii watched the earth kunais fly towards him causing him to smile. With this he darted to the side and threw multiple kunai's towards Itsuki backing it up by multiple shurikens. From this he looked to Chinatsu and made hand signs to send an attack towards her. "Fire Release: Pheonix Flower" He spoke and shot three fireballs towards her. One on each side while the third one in the middle. "Come on now, counter with an offensive attack. Both of you should work on offensive while I try to block. A bit training for me too." He said grinning widely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuu&Kamei

Ryuu watched Ren walking away shrugging softly. "No point in walking away. You still have to do the mission whether you like it or not!" He grinned and looked to Kamei and Satoru in the distance just behind the front line of trees. "Hey look it's the rest of them. Hey! Whatcha doing in the forest?" He shouted to them laughing as he did so. He was attempting to have a good time and have fun with his little group. They've come a long way since he started training them and there was no time to stop training them now.

Kamei climbed up onto his turtle he summoned riding across the top of it. When they reached sensei he waved to him smiling widely. "Hey sensei! I gave up ok! I want to get this mission started." The boy continued to ride the turtle only to see Ren walking towards them. "You seem angry, everything ok?" He asked tilting his head blinking softly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zen

Zen smirked widely and nodded. "Akatsuki will be amazing to go up against. Maybe we can ruin their lives and take their status. I want to show them what we're made of. Maybe even show everyone else that we're the best. And the strongest." His eyes glanced to the store they were approaching giving an evil smirk pulling his blade out swinging it around before laying it on his shoulder. "Hehehe. Perfect. Looks like a good place to eat." He spoke this and wandered into the store when they reached it looking about at the people eating. "Thanks for the store! I'm glad you gave it up so easy." A few of the people looked at him as if he was stupid. After this he glared and took his sword swinging the sword down striking a plate as well as the table. His sword stuck in the table and the plate shattered into pieces. "That means it's mine! Now get out of here before I kill you all." A few people rushed out while a rather large man stood up glaring down at the man. He was at least twice Zen's size but he paid the man no mind. "Come on now, you're a small weak little man. Can't we just make this easy so you don't lose an arm maybe both? Or perhaps a leg. Or I can make it easy on you and just cut out your heart and eat that for lunch."

Itsuki saw several weapons flying towards him. Itsuki decided it was enough of defense and time for a little more offense. He was sure Renshii was tired of being the only one attacking. Noah formed hand seals and made two other clones of him made out of rock. Both rock clones crossed their arms in front of them and the shurikens and kunai knives sank into their earthy arms. Itsuki commanded the two clones to rush forward at Renshii and they began running towards him, both taking a kunai out of their arms to attack. Itsuki hoped that Chinatsu would be able to block the Phoenix Flowers flying at her.

Ryoichi

Nodding at Kotone, he listened to her questions before sighing. "I sort of tag-teamed with my sister once. We both worked on teaching those three students and they didn't last long before we sent them back to the Academy. Yuzuki instantly knew they weren't ready, but I had hope they would mature, but they didn't so they were sent back." he explained, answering her first question.

Tilting his head at her second question, he was quiet for a moment. The two members of his squad seemed completely different, making him wonder if or how they would get along. "People need to know who is on their team. They need to be able to trust their teammates and their skills to complete a job, and they especially need to trust their teammates in a battle." he told her. "Let me ask you this, since I'm assuming you and Sora haven't 'hung out' much and gotten to know each other well, if you were in a life or death battle against an enemy, would you be able to trust him and his abilities to take care of the enemy and not mess up or hit you? What I'm asking is, would you trust someone you don't know with your life?"

---

Chinatsu

Chinatsu took another breath to steady herself and winced slightly at the sight of the three balls of fire headed at her. She gulped and jumped back, moving her hands to form the signs to create two walls of earth to block two of the fire balls, while quickly working to form another wall of earth that would, hopefully, shoot through and disrupt the third fire ball and also continue straight towards Renshii. Forming the last hand sign, Chinatsu slammed her hands to the ground, creating the large wall of earth.

Chinatsu tried to stand up, but staggered, falling to the side, barely catching herself as she shifted to sit on the ground, panting, and wiping the sweat from her forehead. She sighed, watching her attack. She was weak and she knew it. Some walls, earth kunai and a moving wall of earth was all she could do before feeling depleted. She had to wonder how she even became a Chuunin. She took a breath, focusing. This is why she asked Renshii to help train her. She wanted to become stronger!

---

Ren

Ren's right eye twitched in annoyance before flicking a glare back towards Ryuu. "You deal with my mother then." she growled, flicking her hair over her shoulder before smiling gently at Kamei. "Hi," she said, forcing herself to calm slightly. "I'm fine Kamei. I just need to go home and pack real quick and talk to my mother, so she knows what to tell the Elders if they ask for me." she explained, her gaze glancing at Satoru for a moment before back to Kamei. She sighed before continuing back towards the Torisei compound. "I'll meet you all by the village gates in twenty minutes." she said.

"Hey, hey, hey!!! Let go of me, you freak!!" she yelled, struggling to get out of his grip. Makoto grimaced at his creepy grin. He wasn't too far off with the creepy noises though. Unnatural sounds came from all directions. One wrong move, one bad judgment, and it could be the end for you. Makoto looked over to the Jounin, rolling her eyes at his comment. "Oh, yes, it's just a boatload of fun in this...unique forest." she said, sarcasm dripping in her voice. "And the only thing that's scarier than this place is you, you weirdo.

Makoto marched on ahead of Midnight, trying to distance herself from him. Besides the strange noises and the perpetual darkness, the forest didn't seem that dangerous. Makoto turned back to Midnight, grinning triumphed-ly. "See, I told you this was nothing! We haven't even seen one scary creature since we've-". Suddenly, a sharp wind whipped past Makoto from behind, and out of the violently shaking trees and bushes came a giant centipede, it's pinchers aiming at Makoto. She stared, wide-eyed at the beast and fear clogging up her mind. The beast launched itself at her, and she unconsciously raised her arms in a X-formation, preparing for the worst.

At the mention of his sister, Kotone thought about asking him why she seemed so out of control, but didn't, for fear of offending him in some way. She frowned slightly upon hearing his answer to her second question, crossing her arms. "Isn't that what we're supposed to do? Sooner or later, won't we be put on a team with people we don't know much about?"

Jakunen frowned as she lowered her hands away from her head, and recovered from the small shock. Clone? But they'd had to make a clone to pass the exam, why did he want them to-

Oh. It was a different kind of clone. Why hadn't she heard of this before? She'd known, of course, that solid clones could be made through other techniques but she'd never heard of being able to make one solid with just more chakra and nothing else.

Night made his clone and explained more about shadow clones and what they can do and how they work, and Jakunen continued to wonder about how she'd never heard of this particular technique before. It just seemed so useful! Not that she was complaining, learning more ninjutsu on the very first day of training was a good thing, and she was glad it wasn't some team work exercise or anything.

A little tired from standing around at the gates and all the walking she did before and after, and figuring it wouldn't matter if she was standing or not, Jakunen walked a short ways to a small tree stump and sat down, and immediately began trying to create a solid clone like she'd been instructed too. A clone popped into existence, and she felt more chakra then she normally used for clones draining from her, but this one wasn't solid. The clone disappeared, and she tried again, failing once more. She frowned unhappily, and continued trying to make a solid clone.

--------

"All the akatsuki at once? I wonder if they'd bother going all at once, haha.... Oh yum, finally here!!" Kouun ran ahead of Zen, bouncing into the store almost giddily, throwing her arms into the air in a crazy pose. A few people glanced at her, but they didn't pay much more attention until Zen came in. Some people rolled their eyes at his announcement, but most quickly ran out after he drew his sword, ruining the plate and stating his murderous intent.

Quickly pulling the small compact spool of cord out, Maoh rushed forwards after them, letting Zen deal with the large man. He could handle himself, and she'd be done soon enough.

With enough cord unraveled, and easily catching up to the people that were scrambling to get away from who they now realized was Zen's partner, she thrust her hand out, sending chakra through the wire as it flew out and the small blade at the end pierced through between two of a middle-aged women's ribs, making a hole in her heart, and the women fell forwards onto the ground. She yanked it back, and pulling her hand down quickly, whipped the second person, a 20 some man, across his back, making him stumble. By now he and the third and last person, a small girl, noticed the bleeding lady and her quickly dying state because of her scream, and the man started to shout and the girl cry. Jumping forwards to the man she whipped the cord again, and inthe span of a second it hit the man on his neck and wound around once, and with her other hand she grabbed the end and pulled, now face-to-face with the man as he was cut into from all sides. A huge amount of blood came out, splattering on her and the screeching, crying girl. Unwinding the cord away from he man as he slumped onto the ground, choking and spluttering, and winding it back up to put away, she approached the girl. She looked up at Maoh, though Maoh figured it would be hard to see through all those tears.

"Ah, don't worry, I won't hurt you. Come on, get up!" Kouun grabbed her under the armpits and lifted her up off her knees, the crying and screeching suddenly silent, and Kouun grinned.

"I'll let you go, but you gotta tell everyone it was Maoh Kouun and her wonderful partner Zen, you got it?!"

Terrified and confused, the girl nodded, and Kouun set her back down and waving good-bye, skipping back into the store to see if, during the short amount of time it took to take down the three that tried to run, anything had happened between Zen and the big man.

Night&Midnight

Night watched the girl try her best to create the clone. He smiled at this and moved over to her only to stop her shifting her arms out the way. With this, he pointed to her heart and nodded. "Your chakra source starts here, and in your stomach. To create the clone you need to push your chakra from here." He said moving his hand from her stomach and up to her arms then down her arms. "Let it flow from your heart. Don't force just let it flow through you." From this Night stood back and smiled watching her once more. "Try it, do your best I'm proud of you for trying and even creating a clone that may have been able to control some chakra strength."

Midnight eyed Makato seeing her freak out then looked as the centipede rushed towards the child. Seeing this, he quickly darted over and slashed the head off of it with a strike of his sword creating a spark of electricity as he did so watching the centipede drop lifelessly to the ground. With that, he looked to the child and smirked laughing softly. "So three hours right? You're freaking out over a baby like this? Really, come on now kid. You think you're the best and can't even fend off something as stupid and as small as that thing. Are you ready to treat me with some respect and act your damn age? Or are you going to continue to act like you're better then me?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renshii

Renshii watched the clones and created multiple hand signs biting his thumb between them. With this he slammed his hand on the ground a seal exploding beneath his hand. "Summoning Jutsu!" He shouted and formed two snakes about the size of a 4 foot human. The two snakes rushed to counter the two clones hissing as they bit into their arms. Renshii's eyes then averted to the large wall of earth flying towards him only to create hand signs and shoot a single flame towards the wall seeing it simply explode with no effect but disrupting the wall slightly he then looked back to the two clones the snakes would have had their way only to glance back at the wall confused about what to do. This was surely a bad situation. Why did he have to be stuck with two people that used earth and not wind based jutsu.

Renshii, after a few moments had realized it was to late and threw his arms up only to have the wall smash into him knocking him straight to the ground. With a wince as well as a grunt he sat up and looked up to Chinatsu laughing and grinning. "Perfect job, That one actually hurt a little" He said this then stood up taking a deep breathe trying to get himself back up to speed with everything shaking his head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zen

Zen laughed at the larger man as he tried to swing his hand down at Zen. He had simply glared and swung his sword up to meet the guys hand the full force of his fist hitting the force of Zen's movement with his blade left a large gash into his hand. Zen then brought the blade back twisting it and swinging it to the side of his hand his face already getting covered with blood from just his hand. Zen's eyes soon widened as he licked his lips letting his tongue drag across the smeared blood on his upper lip. He then began to hack at his body cutting multiple large gashes into his body letting the blood quickly coat him. He could hear the man screaming as he did each and every cut. His body began to gain chills as the thrill ran through his body. After a few moments he stopped looking down to the man who was quivering on the ground. A smirk would break across his lips as it twitched with excitement. His blood was flowing and he was getting a bit too excited over the matter. Zen wiped his cheek then leaned down only to stab his blade into the mans hand. His tears, his shouts of pain, the blood that covered him and the man. It was all just amazing and just helped his blood move much quicker. Zen chuckled and stared into the fear that held in the man's eyes. "Now, you'r right hand will be unable to create any form of chakra. Not only that but it will be hard to move it for a while. My name is Zen, my partner is named Maoh. But you want to know the funny thing about this?" He said as the man tried to move away without moving his hand that was penetrated. He was shouting and screaming as well as tearing up. "The funny thing." His words paused as the sword was twisted in his hand. "Now the funny thing...Is that you won't be alive to tell anyone. In your after life my image will haunt you. I will be there no matter where your worthless body goes to." Zen chuckled and pulled the sword out of his hand only to stab it through his spinal cord looking towards the entrance where his partner had just entered. He laughed and grinned widely only to pull the blade out and began walking towards Maoh. "So that was fun and exciting. Now lets eat shall we? I'm sure someone has food in the back some where."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back