• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Thousand Birds

Pine

PK THOT ⚡
Supporter
Spring was abound. As though to tease them, the window of the classroom was drawn wide open, displaying the bright colors of the early morning. Sunlight streaked in through the glass pane, a welcoming warmth beating down on them. It was the perfect weather outside, the occasional cumulus cloud drifting along and a gentle breeze rustling the vivid plantation outside, yet here they were, stuck in a classroom and waiting for their exam to begin. If he were to be optimistic about it, Tetsune could reason that they would be allowed to go home early today, but the thought only crossed his mind briefly and was soon overshadowed by more negative ones.

The small boy sat in the back next to the window, slouched forward, elbow on table and palm cradling his face, allowing his head to tilt in such a way that he stared out the window, watching a lone swing rock gently back and forth. Slender fingers tapped against his cheek, impatient to get the day on with. The longer he sat there, the more time he had to worry about the upcoming exam, and the last thing he needed to do was be nervous like last time. Tetsune let out a long sigh, partly in his boredom and partly to calm himself.

"Is that everyone?" a voice called half-heartedly, as though the question was not meant to actually address anyone. Tetsune rolled his head over toward their sensei, knowing she had been the source in spite of the chatter among the kids doing well to cover the question. The woman was peering around, bespectacled eyes flashing with every new angle she looked. Nishi Hanari was a middle aged woman, characterized largely in part by her frizzy black hair. At the time, she was in a plain red kimono, another layer of white cloth just barely showing in the cut of the outfit, and she was looking borderline exhausted. The woman seemed to have finished a head count, muttering the occasional, "Where could they be?" Before long, she had removed her glasses, looking down and shaking her head as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

Nishi replace the glasses on her face, then turned her attention back to the student. "Alright, class!" She clapped her hands together, the resulting noise being obnoxiously loud, but was quick to reduce the conversations to a dull roar. "Today's the day we test to see if you qualify for a genin, as you've been told." Standard explanation. "Each of you will be called alphabetically to the room next door where I and two other teachers will test you. When you're done, send in the next person. To those who pass, you will be given your own forehead protector on the spot." She cleared her throat, the loosening phlegm just audible enough. "Oh, sorry," she murmured in a disgusted tone before returning to her louder 'teacher's voice'. "Even after the exams are done, you are to stay in this classroom." A series of groans rose in the classroom, followed by cries of protests that fell just short of her continuing with saying, "We will be having a full day at the academy." A slight pause. "Today, we will be testing you over the clone jutsu. You should be able to make at least two perfect clones in order for you to pass. To those who do pass, you will be expected to be here at the same time tomorrow." As the whining grew louder, Nishi put up her palms. "Hey, I don't make the rules, I just follow them." With that, the woman turned around, grabbing a clipboard that had been laying on the oaken desk. "Any questions? Ask a neighbor. Akira, you're up," the woman concluded, walking out the door with the wave of a hand for the boy to follow.

"Fantastic," Tetsune muttered, voice dripping in sarcasm. This was why he didn't want to get his hopes up. That, and for whatever reason, alphabetically meant first name this time. The longer the wait, the more he would feel the pressure and grow worried. It wasn't as though he had any trouble with performing the clone jutsu, but, well, nerves were nerves. Honestly, he was almost hoping for some idiot to take advantage of the lack of adult supervision so he could have someone to take it out on. That would be a fine distraction. For now, however, the small boy huffed yet another sigh, before letting his head knock roughly against the desk, black hair further shifting to conceal his forehead.

The time is approaching.

You have been working tirelessly up to this day. Taking notes, running laps, the occasional down time for a nap, then sharpening your reflexes for dodging the eraser your sensei throws at you. Soon, all of the hardships will be in the past and your new chapter as a genin, a real shinobi, begins. The Five Great Shinobi Nations are at peace now, but when it comes time to serve your nation, will you rise to represent your village in the famed chuunin exams?

There is no true peace.

- - - - -

One Thousand Birds is a relaxed OC Naruto role play. The role play will mainly focus on Konoha, but characters from other villages are accepted. We will be starting at the academy before they graduate to becoming genin, after which the role play will more than likely close to new members. Teams will be assigned between characters, and to further establish relationships and progress the characters in general, missions will be assigned (at least one of which will take a turn for the worse like the Zabuza arc, for instance). Ultimately, however, the role play will lead up to the chuunin exams, where characters from other villages should be easier to include. If you're adamant about having a character from another village before that point, just ask and we'll work something out.

As things are now, spots are very limited. If you are interested in joining, drop a message in the ooc thread or send a private message to Pine to work things out.

Courtesy of Flubs.

Act I

City street set

"Ghost canst thou see... Thy dearest Internet friend thy heavenly maiden, Pine, has beckoned my true profession, busting thine kin. For obviously thou canst see that thy most dear and heavenly maiden pine has adorned the crown of perfection, in seeing the labor of even the most secretive."

"Forsooth, my dearest Flubs I cannot see the light which you impose upon me, for my body of not whole… sustenance cannot fathom these word which flow from thine mouth like the gates of Rome."

"My dearest Ghost, why must thy dwell upon these facts, for now as I take up thine hand and praise the soul thy cannot understand which I so dutifully speak with the purpose of helping you."

"My companion, My antagonist, my brother in soul, I cannot accept these gifts your words can bestow upon me, for without thine holy light to guide me, no path is unclear. I must leave you know for the hour is late, but my dearest Flubs, remember thy must keep yourself hidden for the rulers of this realm are tricky and deceptive, seeking to cripple thy at thy own spring. I beg my leave my dearest Flubs."

"This maiden Pine he spoke of, considers herself a friend. Who has without doubt bestowed her boon upon my brow, and wishes to help me upon my journey. Thy accepts me through my own flaws and yet I cannot fully understand thy reasoning behind this madness."

"This maiden Pine, I spoke of, appears to have bestowed upon my dearest companion her gift, growing ever more attached to her charge, a noble stag lest to be struck down by the hunters nerveless grasp."

Switch to castle set

"My dearest pine, why must you be so involved in the inner workings of this city, lest the be take a advantage of or worse?"

"My dearest Kitsunemage, I cannot involve myself any more than I shall if I can but thy must understand my dear Kitsune, you have been my guiding light through thick and thin, scores of perils have beckoned our names and yet thy have held fats my bastion of light."

"This bastion of light is not my doing it is created by some more unusual folk than I m'lady, they can be dangerous at times but cannot help but save us from the shadows that plague us."

"I beg of you please tell me but one of there names."

"As you wish m'lady. I give you one and only one. His name is Ghost. With him you shall find the other glorious and flourishing members of thy shining city."

Act II

Lower castle set

"My dear Stickdom, I haven't seen you since the battle of Google+, where hast thou been all these long fought years?"

"My dearest MemoriesUnknown, I was one of the few of the offensive to survive, and came back to the camps half dead. I was sent off to music to hold the hordes of Miley Cirus at bay, and as the stories say, was lead on a glorious charge killing the wretched beast itself."

"Where art thou going to may I beg of you my dear Stick?"

"I go to see my fair lady Pine, for two years past at google+ she sent word that she wanted to see me again after the wars."

"My dear man I was going as well! We shall match to greet her in the hall."

Switch to inner castle gate set

"All thy must do is confess this. Love for thou sweet and heavenly maiden who so gracefully discharged her blessing unto you, and she shall see you slight my dead Ghost."

"I shall do so as soon I see her. I shall wait in the hall to her my dearest Flubs."

"The maiden Pine comes to the hall in five minutes, I shall prepare myself to warn her and place in a act of advisor. Then I shall surely be known true in her blessed heart.

My god. Three me. All in the hall. I must warn her."

"My fair lady maiden Pine may I so humbly request your audience?"

"Speak lest thy hold your word a thousand years."

"There are three me , in thine hall, two a soldier and one a simple laborer as I. They are all three sutures for thy person."

"I thank the sir…"

"I am not worthy of the title of sir m'lady, although many call me Flubs."

"I thank the Flubs. Thy shalt never be forgotten."

Act III

Lower castle set

"Why dost thou want? If it be my love I hath already given it."

"My fairest lady, I hath been gone for two long years and have come to confess my love for thy self."

"As have I m'lady, for the same purpose as my dear friend MemoriesUnknown, to confess my love for thee, except two years past you sent from thy halls a messenger to thee myself that thy wanted to see me again."

"I hath given my love to a man far greater than both of the combined."

"M'lady you wrote to me, forsooth I hath been incorrect?"

"I sent no letter to you or to anyone in the past two years. Those foes of communication hath be one undoubtably outdated by thine own commanders invention of private messages."

"Shall we go Stickdom, it appears our dearest maiden of desire rejects us."

"Let us leave this vile place and never shall we look upon it until the days of our death."

"My dearest lady..."

"What dost thou want peasant. I speak shortly for those rotten creatures hath twisted me."

"I hath come as both of they hath before I, to confess my love for the. If I am correct thy placed thy blessing upon me seven nights past when I doth been acquitted of murder."

"Then thou shalt be remembered. You may go now... What doth thy call thine self?"

"Ghost m'lady."

Battlefield (5 years later)

"My dearest flubs what dost thy recommend in the dire times?"

"My dearest Ghost, we hath been through deeper troubles than this. You have led me through the battle of OOC, where we fought the most vile scum this world hath conceived, I saw you call yourself here my liege."

"To the throat of the enemy we shalt strike! Your shields shall be splintered and your swords notched, but if you shall fall, let it be know that you fought for our freedom, our wives and children, no, you shalt not die today. You may be smitten in battle and pass from this world, but you shalt watch down, lifting upon myself your soul, we all shall not mourn but honor you! For freedom!"

"My liege, you have sent these men to there deaths. I said we had been through worse, not won. If we expect to win this war against Google one dost not simpler run down the gates of Gmail"

"I have made a order of cavalry, to rout there armies from thine insides of the fortress. It may be impenetrable from the out, but not from within. Rally the troops from even sign up, we must take the walls."

"As you wish my liege. All ready men must bear arms! Word of the liege!"

"Flubs why dost thou command such grave actions?"

"Stickdom, Ghost out liege believes we must take the walls."

"Then I shall ride with you!"

"On my mark we charge! All with arms, to the walls of Gmail!"

"Five down!"

"My dearest stick I am at seven."

"Ten! Nearest down to thirteen."

"Stick keep up, already at twenty. Take the gates! Muster what we can! Use any means possible! Cannibalize there catapults for a ram if need be! Take the walls! Use any means possible!"

"Flubs, you are a true leader. We have breached and flood like ants through there streets."

"A fools errand. We have the walls now Ghost leads a charge to the heart of Gmail. He can't possibly believe we can hold against the drive."

"Fools errand or not, nobody in five hundred years has breached the gates."

"It shall be Ghost recorded for his deeds, not mine."

"Record or not my dear flubs thou hath achieved the impossible."

"I ride for RolePlay, you must hold off the reinforcements from oculus, keep them at the gates by any means!"

Castle set

"He believes we can take the drive!"

"And what is we can take the drive, flubs what then canst thou say?"

"I saith this. We took the gates with a blitz and the drive is narrow. No strategy he can think can save thy troops from the fate he dost laid for them."

"We ride upon the search itself. If we can stamp out the vile center then thy worries are assured and thy patience rewarded."

"M'lady if I may, thou art no warrior, and serve a far greater purpose here than dying upon thine grave. I shalt lead he charge upon search."

"As you wish. Tell Ghost Pine sends him her luck if he is still alive."

"As you wish. We ride for the search at daybreak. Ready thy horses and eat hearty, for we may dine upon the enemy's plates or them upon ours."

Act IV

"Very lies! So false! Much death!"

"My dear Doge, if I intended thee I am very sorry, so sad, much apologies. We humans are of by no means such a superior creature as thine self."

"Very want? So ask. Much forgiven."

"If I may request so my dearest Doge, Very help, So dire, Much pay."

"Very accept. So flubs. Much doge."

"Good. Very good. So fast. Much aid. To the Drive!"

"Doge, Very haste, So speed, Much kill."

"All of my company we have gotten the doges of Meme.com! We shalt ride upon the drive, and smite the google down once and for all!"

Bride of the drive set

"Ghost clear you men! Retreat! The doges have arrived! Much charge! So fast! Very swift!"

"DOGES! MUCH BATTLE!"

"How much did it cost my dear Flubs?"

"As long as the DogeChief is slain it shan't cost a penny. If it needs to happen I shall cut its throat."

"Good. We shall be remembered for this!"

"So may the god of malice not take upon my soul I charge to battle! Thy shall regret the day you ever sold our words! Google shall fall under thy feet! Men! To me! For thy family's, for thy wives and children, for thy towns and cities, FOR FREEDOM!"

"Flubs if we charge now the doges shall die."

"I am no dogemanitarian. I shan't give a scrap to those foul beasts. I may speak to them, and eat with them, but no, I shan't become one of them. We need the drive hem we can swarm the search. Watch my dearest companion as they throw there lives down and take the drive. As they overrun the doge, they pile the search. Nothing leaves it now not even them."

"I led these men and said I shall die for them, and now you kill them mercilessly. Why hath the done these horrific acts?"

"If I recall correctly you said you shalt die for them?"

"Yes, flubs I shalt."

"Follow me to the walls."

"All men of Birds cease attacking! This keep is empty and google is dead! You king said he would die for you and did he?"

"No!"

"Flu s what are thou doing?"

"Fulfilling your promise. Is he not living and standing on the wall?"

"Yes!"

"And would you rip him apart for not even drawing blood? Look at his sword! Clean!"

"Flubs why?"

"He asks why now! I shalt show you why ghost! You have done nothing but take our glory and stuff yourself in it! Thy hath corrupted thine own men, stuffed them on thy glory, we deserve something! And now we take it!"

"Flubs... Why hath thy run me through upon my blade?"

"Feast upon his flesh my brothers! For tonight, we sleep for years more!"

Imperial castle set

"Kitsune the menace of the Drive still stirs. Our men lost a battle there, and now it is cursed. We don't even know how google was taken and who died, let alone how it corrupted there souls! If thy shall allow me to send a spy to the lost city may we eventually know what stirs."

"M'lady I cannot say yes or no to anything you beg of my person. I you intend someone else to go then yes. If me so be it."

"My dearest Kitsune I would never send the off to the Drive! I send Memories for I care not for him and he shalt do anything for me."

"Memories go to the drive and tell me what you learn."

"As you wish m'lady Pine."

The drive set

"Hello Memories."

"Who shalt come forth and show thine face?"

"If I do you shan't recognize me. I hath become more than mortal! I am a god!"

"Why dost thus end these red strains of liquid around me?"

"That is blood. The blood of all the other once free nations of this planet. Now as the blood lightens you shall see me."

"What is that shape I see? It appears to be a lump. And that scraping sound? I see it now! The horror!"

"Go tell your lady Pine, Flubs says a godly hello."

Imperial castle set

"M'LAAAAAAAADY! I MUST SEE THE QUEEN! Pine m'lady! Flubs... Flubs is..."

"Speak up memories."

"He has surpassed a mortals capabilities. He claims god hood, and says hello to the."

"Kitsune send him off. Get my most trained men in a company of twenty four. I ride tomorrow for the drive."

"M'lady surely he shall kill you and all others who come?"

"He shall not slay me. I know his warped and twisted mind. He later his snares even before he became a soldier. The day we met he set his machinations to work."

"Then go m'lady. Surely if he will not kill you then we must spare these men's lives."

"You are wise beyond your years Kitsune. I bud the farewell and if I hath not returned in a weeks time you shall lead this nation."

The drive hall of death

"Greeting pine. I knew you couldn't resist coming."

"Come out demon. I know the shan't harm me."

"You are wise beyond your years. But not mine, for I am no demon. No, much much worse. I am the last god. I have through slaughter and cruelty become the god of slaughter. My brethren would welcome another to our halls of seven. What saith the m'lady? Shall the become immortal?"

"Your lies and deception cannot fool me. Behind your illusions cloak lies a cruel man in a cloak of blades."

"As you wish m'lady. Shall I bring down to my hall my six other brethren of the godly nature?"

"Shall I kill the?"

"I call in a time of fire need my brethren of the heavens, earth, and hell to my aid. Speak before me, as me, and against me as the choose."

"I am the god of light."

"I am of shadow."

"I am of earth."

"I am of sea."

"I am of knowledge."

"I of strength."

"And I of course slaughter. I have summoned the before my lady pine to show we can take upon our ranks another. You shall choose. You are not embodied by your aspect, you merely see that it happens. I see war and crime, and my brethren there respective duties."

"If I where to accept how would this help me?"

"It is up to you m'lady."

"I accept."

"Now all you must do my lady pine is declare oneself god of something and it shall be done before my bowing knees."

"I declare myself god of… life!"

"Go and preform thy duties. Now remember thy shall not be able to return to there life they once lived. But I can return one thing."

"My lady pine!"

"Ghost! Why are thy so opaque?"

"I am merely a figment of thy soul, leaving no trace upon this world. Flubs gave me this life so I could forever watch upon the and guide. Now once again we can be together!"

Fin

Out of Character Rules

1. Treat each other with respect. If you have a problem, take it off the thread to resolve maturely.
  2. Keep all posts in their relevant sections. There is a section for you to speak out of character, so please use that rather than speaking in the role play or character sign-up tab.
  3. If you intend to join the role play, be active. If you are unable to come on at least once a week, we will assume you have dropped out and we will go on without you. If you plan on being absent for a while for whatever reason, please drop a message either on the out of character section or message Pine to let someone know how long you'll be absent.
  4. Follow RPN's rules. This goes without saying, but foul language is more acceptable in character than out of character. If you're not familiar with their rules, please read up on them so that we don't get in trouble.
  5. Avoid spoilers. If you want to discuss something, please have spoiler warnings decorating your post or take it to conversation. Remember, spoilers ruin lives.

In Character Rules

1. Have a basic grasp of the English language and use grammar appropriately. While we have no particular literacy requirements, we may not want you around if your replies become short and incoherent. When there are many details to be described, describe them. Don't be the one to make a climax anti-climactic.
  2. Do not god mode, power play or anything like that. Remember, there's a difference between being creative and obnoxious. When a character dies or is injured is up to the person who role plays them, please just use common sense in this regards. We will not break the character making process down to a science, but please keep it realistic. Genin usually don't run around spamming elemental jutsu whilst never running out of chakra. That being said, feel free to give your character a unique niche, but don't get power hungry.
  3. Again, stay within RPN's rules. Embellish in gore and profanity at your own discretion, but know how much is too much. Romance is allowed, but be sure to fade-to-black before something becomes too intimate.
  4. For consistency, stick to third person limited past tense. That's just a preference of mine turned pet peeve, but if anyone really wants to do things differently, then don't be afraid to ask.
  5. There is no character limit or gender ratio. Go crazy.
  6. While any canon characters will be treated as NPCs, or not included at all, stay consistent with the lore of Naruto. This means no chidori/rasengan wielders, no Uchihas, etc. This will be checked when you submit your character, so if asked to change something, please do so. As far as jinchuurikis go, one-tail, eight-tail and nine-tail are strictly off limits. Any other one may be considered, but be warned that I will be picky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Night wandered into the class room smiling softly as he looked to the students. His eyes scanned them studying each and every one of them. After nodding softly he spoke. "Good morning class. Hopefully I'll be your teacher and remember one thing the clone technique is all about confidence. You can create clones with ease if you tell yourself that you can and just let the chakra flow." Night finished his little speech before heading off after the teacher who taught the class.

Knocking on the door to the other room he opened the door quietly and moved to the other side of the room to watch as students performed their clones. He was eager to see how well the students would do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midnight waited quietly for the students to begin testing in the room. The teacher had just begun explaining things to the class just beside the room he waited in. Seeing the teacher enter first a smirk broke across his lips eyeing the first poor soul to begin testing. If it were up to him none of the students would be testing until they could make at least five maybe six clones with ease. But that was also the reason he wasn't in charge.

Jakunen sat bored, waiting for the teacher to start talking. A lot of the other students were chatting about nothing, but not her. She hadn't made a single friend during the course of the academy, and she didn't really care. It probably would be best if she at least pretended to be friends with someone because it would help with finding more out about the students but by the time she considered that it was too late and all the other students had worked out who they would be friends with.

The teacher finally started talking, explaining the test and how it would work. Two perfect clones? That shouldn't be too hard. Jakunen thought that most people passed the genin exam at least, and hoped that she'd do well. She decided that worrying about it wouldn't help and tried to ignore any anxiety over what would happen should she not pass. She didn't know why she would be worried at all, she didn’t think she would fail, but the consequences of not passing could be large. The teacher stopped talking and the person behind her muttered something that sounded like "fantastic", and banged their head against the desk, and she ignored him too.

Jakunen stared at the ground near her desk, almost spacing out, bored, and she began to unconsciously start tapping her fingers against the desk.

Teikomai smiled at the teachers words. They were being tested on the clone jutsu! She couldn't believe her luck- she had been worried that taijustsu might be included this year.

Teikomai leaned back in her chair with a sigh of relief, idly toying with the end of her braid. How many of the other students would pass, She wondered, peeking at the students sitting in various places around the room. Some of them didn't look worried at all (something she was secretly glad of - she would hate it if she had passed and no one else did) and yet others looked worried. She briefly considered trying to give those students a few quick pointers before their turn to be examined, But one look at the teacher firmly squashed that thought.

Oh well, at least now she could relax as she waited - and mentally go over all the steps of course.

Kotone usually largely ignored the teacher, if only because she considered the number of written exams the teacher had given out absurd, but this time was an exception.

Today she had hung onto the teacher's every word, wishing that she would just get on with it already. Upon hearing that the test would only be on the clone jutsu she breathed an audible sigh of relief, while mentally revising her opinion of the teacher. Maybe the teacher wasn't as horrible as she had thought.

Over the noise of other students whining and muttering complaints, Kotone barely managed to catch the name of another student as the teacher disappeared into a room. She did say something about calling them alphabetically, didn't she? With the teacher gone, she had nothing left to distract her thoughts from the possibility of her not passing the exam. Her growing nervousness overrode her the rational part of her brain, which was attempting to convince the irrational side that she would do fine as long as it wasn't a written test.

She grabbed one hand with the other, squeezing tightly in an attempt to get a grip on her nervousness.

Kachi was running down the road trying to make sure he made it to class on time. He finally made it to class after knocking people over in the streets and running through the alley. "Ugh, I barely made it. Thank God everybody was talking too much to see that i was late.", Kachi thought as he walked in to the class room. He had sat in the far back right of the classroom. Kachi sat down and listened to the teacher say what she her speech before the test. The teacher went into the other room. Besides talking loudly like everyone else, he just kicked his feet up and started to take a nap before the test. He opened his eye's to see where Rynai, his dog, was. "Dang it, Rynai, you stayed home again... why must you always do that." Kachi murmured to himself. He just looked up at the ceiling, "Tsk, clone technique... there's no way I'll fail." Kachi closed his eye's, waiting till he heard his name.

Asuka smirked, resting her head on her hand that was resting on her desk. 'Clone jutsu?' she thought with an inward laugh. 'Hopefully this'll be easy! I'm pretty good at basic ninjutsu....' she thought before sighing, and leaning back in her seat, looking out the window.

Asuka knew she'd be one of the first few people called, her clan name starting with the letter 'B'. "Clone jutsu..." she muttered outloud, pulling her long blonde hair over her shoulder. Hopefully she wouldn't freak out at the last minute and mess up. Her parents would freak at her if she did. She gulped slightly at the thought.

Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes. "Alright Asuka, breathe. Do not psyche yourself out...." she muttered before opening her eyes and looking around the room. She took a quick glance at all the other students hoping to Genin and sighed, before stealing herself. She would pass this test and become a proper Genin of Konoha!

Rin and Shiro walked into the town of Konohana, The hidden leaf. "Finally sis we are here, we have to go to the Hokage's office first right?" Shiro said. "Yep, should only take five minutes, then we will temporarily be official members of the hidden leaf" she said. "Does that mean we have to wear those swirly symbol headbands?" Shiro asked. "Nope, we will still be able to wear our hidden mist headbands, after all we are only over here on the teacher exchange program that was developed this year" Rin answered. "Okay then" Shiro said happily jumping to a building roof along with his sister making their ways to the Hokage's office. Shiro waited outside while his sister went inside the building. She came out. "Okay, to the academy then" She said.

When they arrived at the academe exams had already started. The two moved to the exam room and took a seat inside, walking in just as one student finished. "Don't mind us, just here to observe the exam" Rin said as she sat down. I wonder it there are any ingesting Kekkei Genkai's here Shiro thought to himself. He watched as the next student walked in.

Akira was nervous. So nervous that his stomach felt as though it was chewing itself alive, no matter how much cool, fresh air he gulped in from an open window in the hall, no matter how much he fidgeted with his hair and tried to steady the thrumming of his pulse in his ears. Outwardly, he looked as calm as an angel, one messy navy hair and a tall but lanky disposition that made him look meager, but inside, Cyan was just a huge bundle of nerves. On top of the incessant throb in his chest and the violent roll of his stomach, the boy was also plagued with someone that only added to the madness of his psyche at that moment, the inability for him to focus. The voices. The voices were screaming from every direction in his head so loudly, that Akira wondered for a minute if he'd really forgotten to take his medicines this morning. You're going to fail, you're going to look like a disgrace-- You ARE a disgrace. Ahahaha~ Your parents will be even MORE disappointed now, you little-- And so the voices drone on and on, giving the poor thirteen year-old a headache on top of everything else.

From the small gap in the classroom door not properly closed, Akira could squint and take a look inside. The professor was talking to a filled room of kids, no doubt, all the same age as him, all probably just as nervous, but hopeful. As for Akira himself, well, he could barely care less. In fact, it wasn't his choosing to be at this school at all, but rather the work of parents who indeed care so very little for him that he hasn't seen their faces, nor the face of his very young brother, in well over a year now. They're back in Ame, and at least they're far away. In a moment like this, it would only serve to hurt Akira more, for they would only want to further add fuel to the fire, taunt.

But he doesn't let that get the best of him, not now. If he wants to ever show them what he's worth, this is just one more little bump in the road. He wasn't excited to meet new people today, nor to talk to those who passed, nor even to the professor, but he just wanted to get this over with.

He walks in late. Albeit just a few moments too late, but he indeed is. And with his usual garb of sweats and a graphic grey t-shirt, he looks casual and composed as ever, twitchy even, as he fidgets with his fingers hanging from hands at his sides. He
knows he can ace this. To make a clone is nothing that he's ever struggled with, ever. It's always come second-nature to him. And as long as he doesn't psych himself out, he'll be able to prevail.

"Akira, you're up."

His heart nearly stops as he purposefully avoids the gazes of all those already seated in the lecture hall, mid-climb of the side stairs to get to the nearest empty seat. Pausing with one foot on the next stair above him, when Akira whips his head back to look at the professor on the lecture stage, his heart leaps to his throat and his messy navy locks momentarily obscure his troubled expression.

"M-Me?" He stammers at first, eyes wide, but gaze alarmingly blank. He always looks blank, and he can barely help it, because now it feels like all eyes are on him and only him. And it's making him positively
melt. Aren't they supposed to go in order by last name? Why is he first? How is that even--??

"O-Okay," he mutters, more to himself than anything else as he watches the woman trail out of the room with a clipboard and all the stride of a military instructor. "...O-Okay. Cool." Without so much as another word, shaking his head and then raising a hand to brush his messy hair back into place, Akira chants to himself amidst the madness that is his own brain, his own self working against him in a moment that requires as much as his right mind as possible. Turning quietly on his heel, he traverses back down the few steps to the bottom of the hall, takes one look back up at all the indistinct faces staring down at him, and then trudges on off to what immediately feels like his death sentence.

Makoto groaned loudly, bored out of her mind as she and the rest of the students waited to get started with the exams. She had been drawing on the sleeping kid's face beside her to past the time, but that didn't last too long since she quickly ran out of space to draw on.

It took all of Makoto's willpower not to break anything or anybody around her when the teacher finally announced what the students were going to be tested on. As the teacher and the poor sap that was first left, Makoto slammed the desk with her fist, leaving large cracks embedded into it. "Dammit!!! Out of all the things they could've tested us on, it just had to be clones!!" she wailed, nearly breaking the marker in her hand out of frustration. Makoto noticed how a lot of the students around her were sighing in relief at the news. "Cocky bastards, thinking ninjutsu's so easy. Bah!" she growled.

Damen breathed a grand sigh of relief. His clones were one of his more powerful jutsu due his lack of taijutsu and genjutsu. He had been working on the two, none the less, but they were still nothing compared to his ninjutsu. He leaned back in his chair, his arms resting on the back of his head.

Damen heard somebody say something about everybody thinking ninjutsu was easy, or something along the lines. He took a deep breath as the first name, Akira, was called. If they are going alphabetical in that order, I'll be in the middle I think. I wonder if everybody will pass... His mind wandered. He tended to do that when he started to over think things, and he decided to stop. He just sat, and waited, not talking to anybody. He just wanted it to be his turn already.

Teikomai jumped as Makoto's fist slammed into the desk - snapping her out of her reverie. She glanced at the girl sitting behind her with concern in her eyes.

"Did you need some help? We could go over a few things together before we get called if you like, " Teikomai kept her voice low, half turning in her chair to face Makoto and offer a small smile.

Nishi gestured even wider, swinging her arm in a semi-circle, emphasizing her lack of patience at the boy's slow reaction. Her stride was large as she crossed the hall to the exam room, high heels noisily clicking against the wooden floor that the academy was comprised of, one arm folded over her chest to hold the clipboard up to her. When she pressed open the door to the other room, she only paused for a fraction of a second, caught off guard by the jounin already being seated there, but then recalled that only one of the twins had been in tow. The woman pinched the frame of her glasses to adjust them again before opening the door the rest of the way and entering. The room was even more plain than the lecture hall that was their classroom. It was small and only had a little bit of room for the few chairs that lined either wall. In the front was a wooden desk, practically half the size of her own, barely squeezing in the three plush chairs that were behind it. An assortment of forehead protectors were strewn across the desk in a neat grid, leaving her minimal room to squeeze her clipboard behind them, even then having to push a few a little forward.

After pulling the center chair out, she sank into the seat with a long sigh. Nishi reclined as far as she could, only fidgeting with the end of her kimono briefly before crossing her legs under the table and settling. Briefly, she rolled her head over to the male already seated next to her and muttered half-conversationally, "Thank God it's Friday."

Nishi brushed a hand over her shoulder, attempting to keep her hair from out of her face, but it was all in vain. Just then, her eyes lifted up to the doorway as two more faces entered, both unfamiliar. Her eyebrows furrowed, initially confused, before her expression relaxed with recognition. "Oh, you two are here for the teacher exchange program? Please, have a seat," she welcomed, waving toward the chairs at the side even after one of them had already sat down.

The woman inhaled deeply, chest lifting and falling with her sigh. The chair she sat in creaked noisily beneath her weight, but she tried to ignore it, shifting so she could rotate crossed legs, her elbows on the arm rest to prop her chin. As she often did, the chuunin expressed no outward interest as she looked at the boy before her. "Whenever you're ready."

- - - - -

Tetsune flinched at the sound of a fist beating a desk, the sound of splintering wood a little more than subtle. His head whipped up, dark eyes locking on a livid girl seating a little farther down from him, now shooting her mouth off. His eyes narrowed, annoyed. She was being dramatic enough to deserve a spotlight. Still, this was just the distraction that he had been looking for, otherwise he wouldn't have that 'cocky bastard' attitude that would make this exam all the easier. Honestly, from what he had seen of her, she was one of the only kids in their classroom that was struggling so much with the basic technique being taught. She was just complaining because she was probably about to spend another year in the academy.

The small boy's expression twisted, glare shifting into a calm smile, freckled cheeks lifting. Then there was this other girl offering to help? Cute. He slumped forward in his chair to lean on the desk before him, cupping his face with his hand. "Oh?" he crowed over to the girl, tone mocking. "Making a few clones too tough? Must be hard to be you. Pity."

Asuka snorted loudly at the boys comment. "Sounds true enough..." she muttered, loud enough for them to hear. The girl did sound like she was only complaining because she wouldn't pass. Asuka rolled her eyes. "We can be sure of the skills we possess you know." she stated, flicking her eyes to look at the girl, before sighing and stretching her arms out, looking at the boy who had spoke, catching her attention with his comment. She smirked, resting her head in her hand again. "I'm Asuka." she told the boy. "You?" she asked.

Makoto's eyebrows furrowed as she heard the girl offer to help her. "Uh, well..I-I don't need your help," she stammered. She felt like she may regret that decision later, but the last thing she would do is ask for someone's help, no matter how bad the consequences may be.

Makoto whipped her head around to glare at the boy who made the smart-aleck comment to her. "What's that suppose to mean, dirtbag?!" she yelled. Makoto lunged from her seat and stood on top of the desk. She began to crack her knuckles, getting ready to fight. "I'm gonna ring your neck, you bastard. Come at me, if you aren't too afraid. I'll even give you the first hit," she said, smirking. There was no doubt in her mind that she could beat this kid. He looked pretty scrawny compared to her, and she had some of the best taijutsu in the academy. So she'll be able to take on whatever he throws at her.

Makoto glanced back at the other girl when she heard the first comment. "Hey! One more comment like that, and you'll be next, princess." It's like this whole room want there asses handed to them, she thought.

Teikomai frowned, She hadn't meant to offend the girl. And now it looked like the situation was just getting out of hand.

"We probably shouldn't fight, I wouldn't put it past the teachers to fail students for fighting on exam day. " Teikomai's fingers found the end of her braid once more - something of a nervous habit she had yet to rid herself of.

"Besides, I don't think anybody needs the extra stress right now. "

Night smiled and nodded to the lady as she spoke of him being in town. "Actually I just got back this morning. I had to pick up a few books and so forth. Nothing really big." The boy nodded as she motioned for him to sit down and he quietly bowed before taking his seat thanking her. His eyes then averted to the first student as he smiled and pulled a pen in paper out ready to take notes. If this one was his student he wanted to be sure that he had everything right. He had also hoped to learn as much as he could from these kids as possible to help them later on.

Midnight grumbled at his brother who had sat beside him and kicked back in his seat folding his arms behind his head. With that he sighed softly and shook his head. "Come on now. Quicker you do this the quicker you pass and can stop worrying. Stupid clone jutsu is nothing more then a hologram type thing. Shouldn't be a problem for a genin to do so prove it and get out of here." He knew he came off as harsh but didn't really care. Some times it's what the kids needed to to get their butt in gear and do the jutsu without a problem.

Night sighed softly and shook his head to his brother. "Midnight, anbu or not you shouldn't treat them like that and you know-" His words had been cut off to his brother speaking. "Yea yea alright. Just want this test over with. I don't like it anymore then they do. It's a hassle to watch them freak out over something so simple and crazy." Night had sighed to this and shook his head looking back to the student. "Go ahead, I know you can do this no problem."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Renshii snarled at one of his cousins as the boy pointed a blade at him. With this Renshii waved him off and began walking towards the exit of his section in Konoha. "Yea yea Jensu. Chill out and stop before you hurt yourself. We both know I'm better then you and can beat you without a single issue. Besides, Tag in your pocket." With that he watched as his cousin grabbed the kunai that was in his pocket turning around to see a clone of Renshii just burst into flames and disappear. With that he threw the kunai towards Renshii watching it blow up in the air just before it reached him. "Dummy, it's an explosive tag, you threw it after the paper ignited. You have to be more persistent with your throws. Pay more attention to your surroundings. Besides, you can't even summon snakes yet. You're still a genin and I'm a chunin. You just can't beat me." Renshii smirked as he bit his thumb and wiped the blood on the back of his hands before performing multiple hand seals running and jumping placing his hand on the ground only for a cloud of smoke to erupt around him. With that, Renshii completed the flip. A red snake wrapped around his arm while he stared back at his cousin. "See, as I said. You can't beat me and this red snake shows it. This snake could beat you and it's just a baby." The serpent hissed and coiled it's body around Renshii's forearm before he smiled and headed off for the town. It was a worthless situation and he knew it as much as his knuckle headed cousin. After reaching the town itself he proceeded to the weapons store to pick up a few more kunais as well as a shuriken or two. He was running low and knew by his next mission or so he would be out. While he walked his eyes scanned the sky, thoughts pondered. 'Where is that girl. She's normally peaking at me from somewhere. Shy little thing.' The thoughts danced around his head before focusing back on the walk thrusting his hands into his pocket. "Eh whatever, she'll show up soon enough."

By now, Kachi has started to fall asleep, but suddenly woke up as soon as Makoto started yelling. "Hey, Makato, Shut up will ya! I'm trying to sleep. We don't need to hear you yelling and acting better than everyone else in here." Kachi yelled angerly as he quickly got to his feet and set his hands firmly on the table. "Teiko just wanted to help, so shut up!" Kachi knew those were fighting words, but he was so annoyed that he didn't care. He just stood there glaring at Makoto, expecting her to threaten him next.

Tetsune's maintained his expression - calm and condescending. If anything, when another girl in the room agreed with him, in her own way, it only encouraged the boy. Well, that was one relatively normal person in a classroom full of idiots. However, when she introduced herself, his smile faltered a little, and he was forced to break eye contact with the hot blooded girl for a moment, if only to have it flicker back to her almost instantaneously. "I'm not a fan of small talk and formalities," he replied coldly after a short pause, his full attention directed away from Asuka.

He got his reply soon enough, and the smile returned to his face full force. Oh, she was too easy. This... this was fun. Tetsune broke into a light round of laughter, seeing her jump on her desk so fiercely. Any stresses from earlier had all but vanished, replaced instead by the impulse to egg her on, all the more because she assumed he would be easily beat or intimidated, and who wouldn't think that? He was pale, his frame was wiry, and he was at least four inches shorter than almost everyone in the classroom. He hadn't intended to get in an actual physical confrontation, let alone with a girl right before the exam, but he wasn't about to back down. "Ladies first," he invited smoothly. Tetsune's smile twisted into a nasty smirk, unpleasant by all accounts. "Even dykes."

Although unnoticeable to anyone that happened to be watching him, his muscles tensed, ready to make any quick moves in case she truly intended to start a fight. Still, he wouldn't make the first move. No, he would watch for hers. Now his gaze was unwavering, brown eyes locked on hazel ones, not even straying when he heard Teikomai try to console the girl. Instead, he saw the opportunity to taunt her even further and seized it. "Doesn't really matter if the teachers fail her for fighting, anyway. Sounds to me like she won't pass with clones, so may as well."

Then yet another person was yelling. Look at what he had stirred up. Still, this guy was an idiot, bound to be next on this girl's hit list. He was obnoxious enough, shouting out about trying to take a nap, and it was enough to make Tetsune's face crease briefly in annoyance. "Shut up, Kachi," he said absently, not sparing a moment to look away from Makato.

Kachi stood there and listened to this guy tell him to "shut up". "Hey, Short-stuff! why don't you come say that to my face?" Kachi calmed his self down abit because he knew exactly what the guy was doing. Trying to get him all worked up so he could turn it against us. "Ha! You know what? You probably wouldn't be able to get that high." Kachi holds his stomach, laughs, and sits back down and kicks his legs back up on the table. "I don't care what you guys do anymore. I'm not gunna get expelled the day of the exam. Sorry Teiko. Why don't you come back here and sit with me?" Kachi pushes the kid that's sitting in the seat next to him off and pulls the chair back. "There's an empty spot."

Teikomai muffled a laugh with the back of her hand - immediately feeling bad for it.

"I don't know Kachi, it almost feels like I'll be in the crossfire now sitting next to you. " regardless she stood, lightly hopping over her desk and giving the three in the back a wide berth as she crossed the room. Teikomai grinned as she sat, gently tucking her chair back in to the desk he had liberated for her.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Asuka smirked before full out laughing. "You think you can beat me? Can you even perform a clone jutsu correctly?" she asked, a spark in her eyes. "Maybe you should make sure your skills are up to the task before trying to challenge someone based on how they look." she said blankly, sifting her gaze back to the boy. "Heh, impressive attitude. Makes things amusing." she said before getting up and moving to the front of the room by the window.

-----

Chinatsu gulped, running after Hikage, who was trying to find Renshii. "H-Hikage! S-slow down!" she cried. Oh why had she brought up training?!

Hikage rolled his eyes at the girl, continuing to find his summoners partner. "You said you wanted to get stronger and thought about asking Renshii for help! So that's what we're doing!" he informed her, turning a corner.

Chinatsu blushed slightly. "I-I didn't mean n-now!" she squeaked, turning the corner and crashing into someone.

She gasped in slight pain as she fell on the ground. "Oh! I-I'm so a-sorry..." She trailed off, seeing who she bumped into. "O-oh! R-Renshii!"

There was that comment. Short stuff. Couldn't reach. Tetsune had been called short so many times it no longer fazed him. Outwardly, anyway. His false smile returned, though still didn't break eye contact with the girl, face smug. "Funny that a big guy like you has such little room for a brain," he countered calmly. "In case you guys haven't noticed, there won't actually be another teacher in here until the exams are over."

Kachi watched Tetsune to see if he's make a move, once he mentioned there was no teachers going to be present, he lost interest. He wasn't impressed by the show off attitude of theirs. "Tsk... Idiots... Can you believe those two?" Kachi said with his face in the palm of his hand. "So anyway, Teiko, can you not wait for this test to be over with either? I have the clone jutsu down pretty well. What about you?" He said as he raised his head up and look at her right in the eye.

Teikomai nodded happily, choosing to ignore the testosterone fest as well- she had tried to calm things down, But she wouldn't force anybody to stop if that's what they really wanted.

" To be honest I'm really relieved, I thought for sure the teachers were going to test us all on our worst subject" Teiko's smile widened, Her normal perpetual grin returning.

"By the way, where's your little pup today? I thought he followed you everywhere." She leaned forwards with her words, stretching her arms in front of her and draping herself across her desk, fingers hanging delicately.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back