• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Tex.Y

True Neutral
Hi there, ever consider joining an One Piece RP that might actually get somewhere? Well have I got news for you.

We're doing it. Or at least, we're going to give it a shot.

With two other players, I'm looking to gather anyone interest in working together to fashion a wonderful narrative wherein our characters can thrive.

As a group, we're looking to collaborate in unifying our characters and ideas without relying on a single person to move the plot along. The game master (That's me) will be responsible for a great deal, but what we really want to accomplish is an RP where everyone feels comfortable enough to contribute to the plot in their own special way. Whether that be through characters, narrative devices, or even entire arcs? That remains to be seen! Bottom line is, we want to work together, and not depend on one person to keep things interesting.

So what is the core idea for this roleplay, you ask? It's simple, and straightforward. We're looking to create an organic series of arcs that start from before the crew is even established, and follow through the final goal of the subject matter - Finding the One-Piece. With each arc, my goal as the GM will be to give every character important moments, and develop and over-arching series of events that allow for the creativity of our players to shine through stupendously. We're trying to find a good balance between a sandbox, and a structured narrative, where everyone actively works together, rather than simply hoping that things will work out in the end.

We're looking to create a core group of role players that can depend on one another. A group strong enough to see an RP through to the end!

It should be noted that we're not looking for people who think they won't be active enough to follow through. We're looking for relatively dedicated players that are capable of posting pretty consistently. If you're the type that has a demanding schedule which significantly impacts your ability to make consistent posts, or generally has trouble dedicating yourself to an idea, this might not be the group for you.

If this idea interests you at all, send me a DM, and I'll fill you in on the details! Alternatively, you can respond on this thread, and I'll follow up with you myself.

Last edited:
I would be interested in this and a few ideas for characters, Most OP games i join either die before they get to/finish the first island or dont even start period. Would you be using a Discord at all for OOC chatter?

I would be interested in this and a few ideas for characters, Most OP games i join either die before they get to/finish the first island or dont even start period. Would you be using a Discord at all for OOC chatter?

We definitely plan to finish, haha.

We're likely going to be using Discord for the entire RP, unless somebody involved has qualms with hosting the IC on a server. In that case, we'll be using this site.

Either way, yes. We are currently using discord to discuss any and all ideas, and will be creating a server for everyone to interact. Ideally, it will allow for use to maximize productivity.

Just a question... if the entire rp is going to take place on discord, shouldn't this thread be in the off-site advertisement area?

Just a question... if the entire rp is going to take place on discord, shouldn't this thread be in the off-site advertisement area?
I wasn't familiar with the site's rules, but since there's a possibility it may be hosted on a thread here, it may be ok.

Do you know what the posting expectations will be length wise and frequency wise?

Tex.Y Tex.Y
I don't have especially high expectations for post length, but I expect players to be capable of communicating clearly, and with proper grammar. During conversations, I'm ok with players rapid-firing 2-3 liners, as it provides a much smoother series of interactions. In general, I value quality over length. If somebody is not meeting the standards, we're planning on addressing it as a group, rather than simply ejecting them from the game.

Frequency on the other hand, we're looking for people who can at the very least offer daily to semi-daily updates on their status. That doesn't mean that you'll be required to post daily, but considering the habits of some of our posters, we will likely be seeing daily activity. If someone is incapable of posting daily, we at least expect them to stay active in the OOC so that we can keep in contact and foster a community. Efforts to keep from leaving players behind will be made, but we can't throttle the players for too long if people are posting quite often.

We are now reaching the end of signups. Thank you everyone that showed interest. If there are any other interested parties, you have until tomorrow night to contact me, after which point we won't be taking anyone else onboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back