• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: Forbidden Fruit (ACCEPTING)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Minna started to return to a default expression and pressed a button letting her weapon turn back into the slab of metal and placed on the back of her belt "See, there we go I didn't do it, so put the gun so I can figure this out." Minna said "Hmm, I wonder what the hell that little talking bat was about? Oh it was probably a Zoan, hmm interesting to see one on one of the Blues, I would love to talk to her later maybe see if she knows of any Devil Fruits around here I could have" Minna mumbled to herself before looking up to see Sasha "Oh goodie it's you, I've been meaning to speaking to you" Minna said as she picked up Meechi and started walking towards Sasha "Now we can talk business, so you want gun upgrades?" Minna asked her whole body perking up in excitement as she walked over to Sasha "If I may, may I see the guns? Not to keep of course, nononono, but to see what I'm working with. Either way I can probably upgrade whatever babies you want" Minna continued to ramble on as her eyes turned into stars "So let's talk upgrades, I can do any number of things, the most easiest would be to not have them less likely to blow up your face, alternatively I could make them to be a more powerful shot at the risk of more likely blowing up in your face" Minna continued to ramble as she pulled out a pair of goggles and extended her left hand waiting to see the guns "So you said there was oil everywhere, that's what I figured out too, after accidentally blowing up one of the farm houses even more. So my best guess is that either it was a Devil Fruit power or that they have a powerful Cannon like Meechi here but used oil and then a gun instead." Minna babbled on before turning around to Desh "Hey, big guy have you had a chance to test out MJ yet. It's alright if you haven't but I would love to get some feedback on them." Minna said with a smile.

Sasha Holliday

Gunslinger1.jpg
Sasha let out an inward sigh as another man sauntered up to their group and acted like he knew exactly what the fuck was happening. Of course, there was no way he did, or else he would have either made that very clear or never showed up in the first place. How many more "cool dudes" would she have to meet before they realized not caring about an event doesn't make them any sexier? Deciding to ignore him, she listened to the smaller girl as she told her that she could fly, then proceeded to change into a bat form and attack the newcomer.

As she watched the event unfold, Sasha raised an eyebrow, then let out a chuckle. It was a funny sight to see someone's chill facade get broken by the tackle of a flying bat. As she cupped her hands around her mouth to reach past the roaring flames, she yelled, "Oi! Don't worry, that guy probably isn't the culprit. What did you see up there?" Amyleii Amyleii

After that brief event, the man that had asked where the scarecrow was suggested against the idea of throwing Scarecrow and suggested that they leave. Sasha turned to face him. "I'm trying to help these people, and I would appreciate any help I can get, but I'm sure you can leave if you want to." Sasha didn't really mind if anyone there left, in her mind she already felt there were a bit too many strangers among the villagers for them to feel safe. She just wanted to do what she could to stop the culprit. LazyDaze LazyDaze

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the weaponsmith walking towards her, sprouting a stream of words that sort of registered with Sasha but also overwhelmed her at the same time. Sasha was fine when she was talking, but any prolonged conversation took a lot out of her and in the sweltering heat it was hard for her to concentrate much longer. "Oh uh-" Sasha, with effort, gathered the general meaning of the wall of words and fished out her two pistols, placing them in the hands of the weaponsmith. Her next few sentences pulled Sasha back into the conversation, however, as they pertained to the bigger problem at hand. A cannon, firing the oil overhead? That would make sense, seeing as she saw no tracks during her brief scout of the area. A devil fruit ability had originally seemed improbable because they weren't on the Grand Line, but seeing as one of them could turn into a bat, she wasn't so sure anymore. "Yeah, that's a good thought. If that's true, it would make the person harder to track because they could have launched the oil overhead. We might just need to start asking around for witnesses." Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Chef DK

Double_Down_Anime_Infobox.png

Desh kept track of everything, watching the scene play out with a hand on his chin, silent as Sasha answered the pirate's counter to the chef's original point. Not needing to be the center of everything, the brute was content to watch things play out, chuckling as the bat creature flew up, attacking a new arrival before realizing her mistake. Through it all, it seemed that none present were responsible for the fire, and although the new guy was a valid suspect it didn't strike reasonable for a guilty man to stroll up to the scene of his own crime.

"Hey, big guy have you had a chance to test out MJ yet. It's alright if you haven't but I would love to get some feedback on them."

Minna asks, now rambling about guns, upgrades, deals and business. It was an odd topic shift to take in the middle of a massive fire. Shilling wares at such a time was an odd move.... Well to me as a writer anyway, but not to the Cook who's eyes widen at the question, and with right hand rummaging through his back pocket a boxing bell goes off in the background, signaling the birth of the best metal glove fighter in the South Blue, who'd go on to win multiple world titles, defeating dozens of monstrous enemies, tearing through competition.... Well that was what ran through his head while shadowboxing in the background anyway.

"The balance is great!"

"Truly a..."

"Fantastic weapon!"

Exclaims the cook, fighting invisible enemies as Sasha replies seriously to the rest of the group.

Turning to the others with Sasha now finished, Desh holds out his right hand, a vein popping from his forehead as his boxing halts for a moment.

"I agree! Some of us should look for witnesses" begins the Chef, punching away at nothing once more.

"Others should look for clues around the buildings" DK carries on with the *woosh* of a strong right between his words.

Last edited:
Oscar smirked before brushing the dirt off his clothes from his dive-bombing and walking toward the big man and the woman who had called off the aerial assault on him. "See? These two get it, once you calm down you can actually be helpful instead of dive bombing strangers who are just trying to be helpful," He was clearly annoyed, but understood people's tendency to jump to conclusions. He stopped a few steps away from the man, out of range of his fists as he boxed the air. "Name's Oscar, I'd love to help in any way I can, as long as I won't be tackled by any more flying children," He gave a slight chuckle as he stood there, he wasn't about to get this group any more riled up than they were, so for now he would just offer any help he could and maybe get in some good graces with a new crew. "If other people would like to start asking around, I could start checking out the nearby buildings for anything that might give some answers, I'm pretty good at recognizing things that can cause things to catch on fire,"

'Apparently this was an incredibly popular section of fire to look at,' thought Jacob, as after he had asked barrel lady what was going on, other people had shown up, his question being lost in the shuffle. The point was moot anyway, as no-one seemed to have any idea what was going on, but he would have preferred to have been told that, rather than have to figure that out for himself.

"I mean, it's fairly obvious what's going on here isn't it?" Jacob called out to the group, "Some pirate group wants to take over from the Sparrow guys. If it was the Marines, they'd have burnt down the entire island and stuck a flag in it, and if it was the Sparrow thugs, they would've burnt down the town, and claimed the fields as their own."

The Sparrow Pirates

Getch looked quizzically at the girl touching his shoulder. His brow furrowed, beginning to access some of his memories, taking the time to ponder while the girl had already begun conversing with others as the pirate struggled with his thoughts. "Hey, wait a minute lady! I didn't shove food into anything! I gave him some! I mean.. it! what.. what is that thing anyway!?" Getch shook his head in confusion. "Goddamn pirates, showing up here all of a sudden and acting like you're in charge.. All while being the biggest suspects! But yeah, why don't you go and find me the one that did this, and maybe then i'll give you all a big.. warm.. welcome!" He yelled at Sasha, before turning back to Desh. "And you! Don't think you can ignore me you big-" He was cut off mid-sentence by a loud woosh, as dozens of Super Sparrows began swooping down over the group, diving around the flames. Creating enormous gusts of wind, capable of blowing the average person off their feet. "Heh, well then.."

"They're really gone.." Mumbled Bennett as he flew above the flames alongside Chirrie, who was silent, her eyes focused intently on the flames. "Let's find Getch first, and hope he hasn't gotten himself into too much trouble." The large man added before smacking the side of sparrow with his big scarred hand, causing the bird to barrel down to the ground, almost tossing Bennett himself into the flames. "Ah-ahh! Slow down you damned bird!" His screams died down while Chirrie stroked the side of her sparrow, a smaller, female bird compared to the rambunctious young male that Bennett was stuck with. The man had never been good with the birds, however he was invaluable as a crew member, keeping the troops in order and such things. Long ago, Chirrie would have screamed with fury and charged headfirst into Big Seed, not stopping before she found the one responsible for this, but she had grown at least somewhat wiser over the years, honed by Bennett's level-headed nature and by watching Getch's bad example. So despite how grave things seemed, she had to remember her responsibilities as a captain, to the birds, and to her crewmates.

Half a dozen or so Super Sparrows began to circle above the burning farmhouse where a significant amount of strange-looking individuals had gathered, including who the riders recognized as their first mate, Getch. The birds swiftly descended on the scene, five large Sparrows now surrounding the group on all sides. "Oh, not you guys.." Getch tilted his head back and gave a dramatic sigh as some of the pirates hopped off their birds and began to approach the group. "You know, I've got this thing sorted.." Getch began to say, clearly trying to keep his voice low. He was being approached by a man of similar stature to himself, but he was sporting short black hair, was clean shaven, and his face was made of sharp angles in comparison to Getch's mostly rounded facial structure. He also had noticeable bags under his eyes, and much cleaner, newer-looking leathers, as did all of the other pirates who had just arrived. The man said nothing as his eyes darted to the assortment of folk now standing behind Getch. Two other pirates came to his side, one looked remarkably similar, only with longer hair reaching down to his shoulders, and wearing small sunglasses, despite it being the middle of the night. The other was immense, and about 8 feet tall, he had tanned skin, kept his flight goggles on, all while having an utterly vacant expression across his face.

The other two riders who remained on their sparrows began to flank the group, with one hopping towards a bloodied man, and the other; a young woman, approaching a long haired man. The woman had her head shaved, but with light blonde hairs growing back. She looked down at Alexander from upon her sparrow, before giving him a small smile. The other rider, a lanky, older man wearing a large flight helmet and goggles, grabbed his rifle from his back and held it in his arms while staring down at Jacob, before cocking his weapon without changing his expression. "Now now, send your squad elsewhere, Payne! I'm conducting this investigation!" Getch jabbed his chest with his thumb, standing closer to the pale man now identified as Payne. "They look like pirates, and they're next to the fire. Execute them." Payne stated and gave a nod to the men to his left and right, who began slowly walking towards the group of strangers. Getch blinked rapidly and looked as the other two, Mort, the glasses-wearing man, drew a katana from his belt, and Dreiwal, the big one, pulled out a pair of brass knuckles. "I said hold on, dammit! Where the hell is Chirrie!? Bennett!?" Getch called up into the air to no avail. "You think you can score points like this, huh? Rise up the ranks? This crew doesn't work that way!" He shouted angrily at Payne, who remained silent. Jastiss, the young female pirate quickly pulled out a pistol and aimed it at Alexander, at the same time that Krickle, the older man, aimed his rifle in Jacob's direction.

Elsewhere, the remaining members of the Sparrow Force began to fly throughout the town of Big Seed, searching for any suspicious individuals and causing chaos amongst the townspeople wherever they went. After recovering from such a poor landing, Bennett regained his composure and began a search for Getch with his squad of fellow pirates, though his lackluster piloting abilities made that task more difficult than it needed to be. Chirrie remained above the fire, assessing the situation from a distance alongside the members of her own squadron.

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Lucid Lucid LazyDaze LazyDaze Jet Jet pbtenchi pbtenchi Edric Yuma Edric Yuma Jigale Jigale Amyleii Amyleii Reliquary Knight Reliquary Knight

Last edited:
Ami stood up and wiped the dust off herself as she was thrown from the guys back. "hey, I am not a child!" she yells angrily before Sasha makes a good point about him not being the culprit and reminds her what her mission was. "oh, right. umm well from east there is..." she began before getting cut off by the super sparrows arriving and the snipers landing right in front of them. "...that." Getch and the men begin arguing about scoring points by shooting everyone here. Ami tries to get their attention "umm...excuse me...EXCUSE ME! LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEE!" she yells as loud as she can as they continue fighting. "there is something running away from the fire to the north, it's a small amount of movement, I barely noticed it, and that is probably the person who burned this place so we should probably head north before they get away? maybe?" she says, hoping they where listening to her.

This wasn't the first time Jacob had had a gun pointed at him, occasionally the merchant ship he and his father were on would be boarded by pirates, but it was the first time he didn't have a captain to deal with things. Ordinarily, Jacob would have tried to explain that he didn't start any fires, but considering that he had decided he was going to join a pirate crew, he figured he should start working on his 'rep'.

"You must be the... 'bravest' person in your gang." He stated, staring directly at Krickle, "After all, you saw a man covered in blood, with a barrel of weapons, and thought to yourself 'This is a man I can kill. Let me get closer so I can hit him with my gun.'" Jacob paused, and grabbed his harpoon out of the barrel, "Obviously, I have no chance of scaring you off, but let me explain to you why your plan won't work." He glared at the mounted man with what he hoped was a dangerous look in his eye, "My spear is made to kill things much bigger than your gun, and if you can hear my voice, I can throw my spear at you faster than you can pull your trigger."

Of course, in his mind, Jacob was far less composed, 'Don't look away. Don't look away. Don't look away. Just think of him as a fish, scary but stupid. Scary but stupid.' and so on...

Last edited:
Fahlia Elberry

full
Interactions: -
Mentions: -
When the little dwarf awoke once more, she found herself in a wooden building of some sort. She was laid in the center of a folded napkin, with her body carefully bandaged and her dress meticulously folded beside her. The sheep man and the fishman were nowhere to be seen: there was no presence at all in the room she was in. Medical equipment seemed to have been packed up in a box nearby, with shelves of bottles and jars in the corner of the room. Judging by the white human-sized bed in the room, and the stool beside it, she assumed that this was a medical bay of some sort.

It was no longer as painful to move as it used to be, so she slowly sat up and dressed herself. As much as she was afraid to admit it, it must've been a big person that had treated her, looking at the size of the equipment in the room. It must've been difficult considering her size, so a feeling of immense gratefulness seemed to well up within her. It was truly unexpected. Lost in her thoughts for a bit, she only just noticed the human walk into the room.

"Oh? You are awake I see, that's good." The aged male chuckled behind his thin spectacles. His eyes were an odd shade of silver, almost matching the wispy grey hairs atop his head.

Although her immediate instinct was to run, she stayed still and allowed the conversation to continue. "...Thank you for treating me." She bowed slightly, although staring at him with slightly cautious eyes.

"Not to worry, what kind of doctor would I be if I couldn't do this much?" He smiled whilst leaning down to hear her more clearly.

Suddenly, the sight of orange hues caught her attention outside the window. "Ah.. yes, our fields seem to have caught on fire. Everyone is running amok outside trying to find the culprit and put out the flames." Her eyes widened at his words.

"Shouldn't you be out there too? Aren't those fields the livelihoods of the villagers here?" She panicked and questioned him in her confusion.

"I couldn't exactly leave a patient unattended here now could I? Much less a rare little lady like you, who knows who could try and break in to steal you away." He chuckled, his words hinting at what he knew. "I don't think I would've been much help out there either, my arms are getting heavier these days. Although, I do hope my son is alright."

"I'll go check on him for you, as well as try my best to help with the fire." Fahlia stated quite suddenly, before disappearing from the village doctors sight. "Deary me, youngsters these days. Should be caring more about your health."

Most of the fields had burnt to a crisp, turning what was once an endless field of green and yellow into pure blackened ash. It was a terrible sight, much more so now that she knew the kindness that some of the people here held. Shacks near the crops were now a mere shell of their former selves, burning down as she watched them. Whilst dashing around analyzing the situation, she found a giant group of people, seemingly a mix of both pirates and strange individuals. They were located in a burning farmhouse near the crops, quite a perilious environment for a gathering in her opinion. The sheep man was here too, much to her surprise. Tensions seemed to be high between both groups, were some of them the culprits? Whoever they were, she would not let them get away so easily, at least for the doctor and his sons sake. She hid behind a hill of ash, as she listened intently and eyed them warily.

Chef DK

Double_Down_Anime_Infobox.png

"SPARROWS!!!" Desh yells, a vein bulging from his forehead, gloves raised in their direction.

"I've lived here for a long time, out of everyone you know I'd never burn these fields! And these people didn't either!" continues the cook, taking a few steps to the Sparrows who'd drawn blade and gun, hoping they wouldn't turn violent attention his way. He knew he could tangle with them but still, the threat of a gun was enough to make his heart jump. One crack shot and he'd be split like a melon, not an inspiring thought. The Sparrows were a reasonable lot though. If they would listen to logic things would sort soon, but someone had to relent on the hostility and Desh would volunteer, lowering his gloves with a sigh.

"We can waste time if we'd like, or we can move out and see what we find! I'm going to check the buildings for clues, who's with me?" DK asks, eyes dashing from person to person, hoping the plea would soften the mood.

Hearing the high-pitched calls of the small child, Getch quickly turned around, glancing at her in confusion. "To the north? How would you know that anyway? And besides, there's nothing to the north! It's all forest, just bird territory." He said dismissively, but with a hint of suspicion as he turned back to face Payne, whose eyes had darted towards Ami for a split second, before returning to meet Getch. "Right, Payne? That's your domain. You should know what goes on there." Payne's expression didn't falter, still refusing to acknowledge Getch's complaints. He was one of the Sparrow Officers, each lead a squadron that covered a region of the island. Getch had control over the western side, Chirrie had the east, Bennett had the south, while Payne, the "navigator" of the Sparrow Pirates, covered the northern region, the largest part of the island which consisted of mostly wilderness. Amyleii Amyleii

Meanwhile, the pirate named Crickle kept his rifle aimed at the bloodied Jacob, his hands still and precise despite his apparent old age. "Ah, you're right. You don't have a chance." He spoke in a withered, quiet voice. Just before he gently tapped the side of his sparrow with his boot, causing the bird to begin rapidly flapping it's wings, rising up off the ground in a cloud of dust and ash. The gusts of air blasted in all directions, kicking up debris all around the burning farmhouse, including one particular dwarf-sized hill of ash. Ignoring all distractions, Crickle squeezed his trigger, firing off a bullet at his target's assumed position behind the growing wall of dust, just before his sparrow took flight, hopefully moving out of range of the man's weapon. Jigale Jigale MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

As Desh spoke up to the newcomers, Jastiss, the girl with a pistol trained on Alexander, glanced at him briefly and grinned widely, before starting to laugh. Mort raised his sword slowly as he approached the group of strangers, moving into a defensive stance and ignoring Desh. Dreiwal stepped past him and immediately delivered an immense blow to the large man's jaw with his brass knuckles, just as the soon-to-be battlefield became filled with a small dust-storm as a result of the bird's activity, obscuring the view of everyone nearby. "Geh! Call your goons off already!" Getch exclaimed and covered his eyes and mouth with his forearm, stepping away from the dust cloud. Pulling his arm away again once he was clear, he turned around to see Payne a good distance away, already back on and strapped into his Sparrow. "Hey! Did you hear me you freak!?" Jet Jet Xcelgamer Xcelgamer LazyDaze LazyDaze pbtenchi pbtenchi Edric Yuma Edric Yuma Reliquary Knight Reliquary Knight

Jacobs instincts had saved him. Having spent most of his life on a ship, his natural response to a gust of wind was to drop his left leg behind him, presenting a smaller face to the wind, and unbeknownst to him, that was the correct course of action when someone is firing a gun in your direction. His reaction hadn't completely protected him, as the bullet skated along the length of one of his lower ribs, leaving it with a nasty scratch. As much as Jacob didn't want a fight, having his fledgling 'rep' so blatantly ignored demanded retaliation.

"You all saw that, right?" Jacob called out to everyone else there just before the dust settled, "He just tried to kill me. So, it's only fair that I get a shot at him." And before anyone could stop him, Jacob dropped the barrel, raised his arm, and began thinking, 'OK, first time throwing a spear at something above the water, so gravity is going to be a thing, meaning I should aim at the head. Now how did those old timers try to explain throwing spears to me? Raise your other arm and point at your target,' by this point the dust had cleared enough to see the old man's bird, 'Wow, did he get some distance. So, point at his head,' Jacob shifted his stance slightly, 'and drop that arm as you throw.' And so, Jacob threw his spear. Watching it in flight, he knew it wouldn't hit, but it should come close enough to scare the old man, his evaluation complete, he turned his attention towards the rest of the group. "I missed." Jacob shrugged, "Oh well, there's a first time for everything." He turned towards the woman who owned the barrel, "Hey Weapon-Lady! Is there a spear in here I could buy?" For once, Jacob was wrong about his spear's course, as the sparrows sharp rise after a beating of its wings brought its rider in line with the spear, as it passed them, the spear made a small cut in the part of the riders helmet that covered the ears. Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Rurnur Rurnur

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back