• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: Forbidden Fruit (ACCEPTING)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Desh Korokoro

Double_Down_Anime_Infobox.png

"FIRE!"

"FIRE AT THE FIELDS!!!"

"SAVE THE FIELDS, THE FLOWERS ARE BURNING!!!!"

Yell streaming townsfolk from outside, the smell of burning matter wafting from the farms and to the boardwalk where the Bar sits, filling with apprehension.

"Darmy!" exclaims Desh, teeth gritting in the glow of distant flickers filtering through the tired glass panes at the Thatch's aft.

"The fields! They've been set ablaze" continues the cook, running to one of the windows. Leaning into a table the giant man narrows his eyes, watching as his neighbors head to the tragic scene.

"Don't wait for my approval you oaf! Help if you want, or stay. The fields aren't my concern anymore" sighs the bar maid, dropping like a bag of rocks onto a stool, another bottle of rum in her grasp.

"Blacksmith!" exclaims DK, looking to Minna with a tense jaw, bead of sweat running from brow to chin.

"Your payment must wait..."

"Those fields are everything to the people here!" concludes Desh, arm jutting out and to the side dramatically as he turns and runs from the Thatch.

"MORON!" screams the mixer from the still open door. Spinning to run backwards, the cook readies himself for an emotional goodbye, perhaps a "be careful" or a "make sure you find who did this" something to part ways admirably in case something befell the cook. Darmy wasn't much for emotion but even she cou - -

"MAKE SURE THOSE DEADBEATS PAY THE BILL!!!" carries the voice like a nail to board, cutting through the sky (causing a super Sparrow to fall into the sea). Smiling at the audacity of his boss, the cook spins again only to be yelled at by another, a store owner from down the way, a craftsman of furnaces, ovens and radiators who'd yelled out the chef's name just after Darmy's order.

"Help us please! We need to bring the third pump to the field! The first is at the shore already!" continues the man as a second pump is set beside him by another shopkeep who painted and detailed for a living. Plugging the long distance seawater hose into the second pump the painter flashes a smile and a thumbs up "Pump two, READY TO GO!" he says. Meanwhile two demolition workers haul the third and final pump to the forming group, their pace molasses-like, the pump's weight too considerable for the pair of muscular men.

"Anything I can do" mumbles DK with a grunt, taking the largest of the three pumps from the demolishers, and lifting it to his left shoulder he exhales a jet of steam, acclimating to the pump's heft.

"This is (clears throat) nothing for me!" the Chef exclaims, walking steadily (on shaky legs) towards the field with a group of townsfolk at his rear, their moral support noted and the heavy seawater hose they carried the last part of the puzzle.

Interaction with Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Last edited:
Jacob was probably the last to notice the flames outside. Whether it was because he was seated facing away from the window, or because he was focusing on his meal to avoid embarrassing himself further, it was hard to say. Leaving 5000 Beri on the table, he left the Thatch Spoon intent on doing as much help as he could, and silently musing to himself that he should probably taken a shower before the meal, as it seemed unlikely that he would get one until this was over. He hoped that wouldn't cause any problems down the line. And so, covered in dried blood and clutching his harpoon, Jacob ran towards the fire.

ALEXANDER LOVEGRAVE

Everyone else seemed to be finally making a ruckus over the fact that a would be inanimate object was hoping around paying for crap with corn. In the grand scheme of things it probably wasn't the weirdest thing in the world, but as long as he was real enough to mooch off of, that was all that mattered and now he was running out of the restaurant. Just as planned...he would dine and da-,

"Wait, what the hell?"

Alex sat up straight as he watched a few people leave one after another, some not paying their bills. In the chef's case he would simply be failing to fulfill his contract and we all know how the food was when he left the first time. There was even a declaration that a certain group of deadbeats would pay the bill which is something he couldn't get behind. The sudden glow from the windows as well as the following conversations were not lost on him, but they were inconsequential to say the least. What would rushing toward a problem actually do? Plants often had defense mechanisms for this, or at least that is what he read. It would all grow back eventually, probably. After a quick glance around Thatch Spoon, Alex burst from his table with agility and grace of gazelle and out the door to chase after the scarecrow who was supposed to pay for his meal. In fact, that was the only reason he was heading toward the damn fire. It must have certainly looked heroic to onlookers. In truth he couldn't let the scarecrow die because no one would pay for his food in that scenario. It wasn't like you just found corn paying scarecrows everyday. Despite all that, the timing of this event was odd to say the least. He wondered if there was another goal at play, so he remained vigilante. The last thing he wanted to do was get caught up in some revolt or something.

He had managed to catch up to two others. It was a lady that was also in the resteraunt...and a sheep man? They already seemed to be speaking with one another. (More do gooders..) With a frustrated sigh he decided to ask if they saw a scarecrow hop by. "Hey love, do you know where the piece of wood went. He's probably going to die if he gets to the fire before us...(and then i'll have to pay the bill.)," Alex said in a relaxed manner.

Lucid Lucid Jet Jet Edric Yuma Edric Yuma pbtenchi pbtenchi

Last edited:

Minna was already angry before it clicked that the man wasn't insulting her weapons but just asking for a rope, Minna started to face palm but switched to her right hand realizing that she had Shifting Chaos in Gauntlet mode "Oh, yeah sure you can have this" Minna said as she turned around and undid the knot on the rope as people left the Thatch "As for Ms, yes I do, do upgrades but that will have to wait a few days as I do not currently have a forge of any sort, here you-where'd you go?" Minna said as she turned around to hand the guy the rope before seeing he and other people had left the Thatch and then seeing the fire "Oh goodie, this is the perfect moment to test a new baby but first rope to that guy." Minna said to herself as she placed the rope in the barrel and started running with the barrel before reaching the fire "Hey, mate I've got a deal for ya, the ropes free just keep an eye on my barrel!" Minna yelled as she placed the barrel down and threw the rope at Jacob before diving into her barrel and pulling out a large weird cannon it had a large blunderbuss like muzzle and a large empty glass bottle just behind the trigger "Thanks mate I'll be back to show off a new weapon" Minna yelled out as she followed the hoses to the sea

As she trudged through the sands and reached the water she knelt down, detached the glass bubble and started to fill it up with sea water, and as soon as it was filled up she reattached it to the gun and started to run back to the fire and aimed it into the air "Hehee, let's see if this baby does what I hope it does." Minna said as she pulled the trigger and the water quickly ejected still in the large bubble of water before it started to come back down onto the house from where it started and the fire suddenly exploded higher than it was "...Ohhhhhh, it was an oil based fire, hmm I wonder how they got all that oil onto the house, well at least Meechi didn't blow up" Minna said squatting on the ground and started muttering to herself "Was it something like Meechi? Possibly but oil is heavier than water so they would need much more pressure than what I used. Of course it could always have just been a Devil Fruit but then which type? It would have to be Logia or Paramencia, then is it just oil or oil that they can set on fire at will or do they need a gun to light it? I doubt it would be Logia, they are too powerful to hang around in any of the Blues" Minna continued to mutter to herself as she continued to draw her thoughts in the dirt, now lost in her thoughts and ignoring the fire she had made much, much worse

The fading lights of the sun crawled ever deeper into the sky, and so the tiny creature known as Ami awoke from her slumber. she stretched her tiny arms and gave an audible yawn as the night began to form. she smiled as the light outside began to vanish. she walked over to the counter and stood on her tippy toes to reach the bowl of fruit laying there in wait, she sunk her teeth into the apple and it shriveled up into a dried husk as she drained it of it's sweet sugary juices. she tossed it in the trash and began to get dress in one of her fancy dresses when the light from her window began to increase. she turned and stared. she was not used to there being so much light outside when she woke up, as she had become nocturnal after so many years. she walked over to her window and drew the curtains to find a large fire just a few feet away in the fields. she sighed and walked back over to the dresser, taking off her pretty purple dress and putting on something a little lighter. a stripped tshirt and a pair of overalls. she took off her boots and stepped onto the windowsill barefoot. her arms morphed into wings and she began to fly towards the fire. she saw a few people standing nearby with hoses and flew over to them "ummm, what's going on? this place is usually so quiet and peaceful."

Ramses Caprine

Smoke particles danced in on the inbound breeze, layering the mink’s fur with a woody fragrance. Ramses noticed as the townsfolk began to rally together and work as a single unified force. It was an impressive feat for sure. Several individuals in the growing crowd seemed to stand out from the rest. One of them, a dark-haired tanned skin woman, called out in his direction.

"Hey! Do you know who caused those flames?" she shouted while loading a rather intimidating pistol.

Ramses looked over at the woman, “No, not a clue! But we’ll find out soon enough,” Ramses replied before gritting his teeth. What kind of sick scumbag would do something like this? If he found them there would be hell to pay.

As Ramses approached the burning sunflower field he felt the heat before he saw the fire. As a mink, he didn’t handle heat very well. His breath became labored and his body felt heavy. The mink carried on running straight towards the source of his discomfort. Finally, he had arrived. The scene was horrific. The fire had no culture, no pity, no mind, yet it consumed whatever it pleased. Its only criteria was if it could take something and reduce it to ash then it would. The fire burned hot, short and violent, with no care of what would be left behind. Clouds of dark smoke erupted from the homes that surrounded the sunflower field. That seemed to be the origin of the fire that was now reducing the field to ash.

Ramses clenched his fist as he witnessed the horrid sight. There wasn’t time to be upset while there was still a crisis to deal with. He began to consider his options. It seemed like the town were gathering water hoses to douse the fires. Being honest, there was little Ramses could do about the actual fire, but that didn’t mean he had to stand out and do nothing. Ramses began running towards the outer circle of still-smoldering building. He approached a group of soot-covered farmers and raised a hand towards them, “What the situation looking like?! Has everyone safely made it out of their homes? And do you know how this all even started?!”
Rurnur Rurnur Edric Yuma Edric Yuma

Last edited:
Making their back towards the eastern side of the tiny island, Getch, the first mate of the Sparrow Pirates and a couple of his crewmates were quick to take notice of the catastrophe erupting behind them. "What- No way.." Getch exclaimed, pulling off his goggles as he turned around to see the flames illuminating the horizon, looking on in horror. "Quick! Wake up the others! I'll.. I'll.." He stuttered, clenching his fist before patting the side of his Super Sparrow, causing it to change its course. "Dammit!" He yelled into the night as the other two continued on their course. Who the hell could do this? What's there to gain from it? He thought to himself, frowning intensely and racking his brain, until memories from earlier that day began to surface. He saw the Thatch Spoon, he saw a bar filled with unfamiliar faces, and a girl carrying heavy equipment of some sort. "Geh.. so stupid! I should've known! Pirates.. trying to claim our territory, aren't they? What fools.. don't understand what they've done.." He spat into the air and his Sparrow swooped down low, getting closer to the perimeter of the farms.

The townsfolk continued hopelessly trying to thwart the flames, but to no avail. At this point, the sunflowers were all but destroyed, the crop now nothing but a raging bonfire, however the majority of the farmhouses had become smoldering ruins, not capable of spreading flames to the town itself. One of the villagers had a double take as a flying child approached from behind. "Ah! Oh, it's just that kid. Well, as you can see! Someone's gone and burnt the fields! We're ruined!" He shook his head sadly, before his eyes lit up. "Hey.. you can fly, right? You'd be more capable of finding the culprits than any of us!" He said hopefully, looking at the other villagers who shared his sentiment. "Desh! You should go too! You'll be able to beat em' all up, won't you?" "Right! We've done all we can here.." added some of the others, for if the ones responsible were caught, there would at least be a glimmer of hope for the future, as of now, there was next to nothing for them. Jet Jet Amyleii Amyleii

Elsewhere, some of the farmers had begun to gather together, some with burnt clothing or smudged over with ash, coughing from smoke inhalation. "-didn't think they'd be planning something like this.." the farmers stopped mid-conversation as they were questioned by someone. "Everyone's made it, I think. Must be something to do with those-" The older man coughed and spluttered, before turning to see the group who'd approached them, seemingly led by a sheep man. "Hold on, who- or what.. are you?" One of the younger men asked, stepping forward. "Strangers, look like pirates to me.." "What're they hanging around here for..?" Other farmers began to chatter, giving suspicious looks to the group. "There've been some strange folk spotted snooping around these farms, the last couple days.. you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" He crossed his arms, glaring at the sheep man. Lucid Lucid Edric Yuma Edric Yuma LazyDaze LazyDaze

At the edge of the flames, townsfolk began to gather, yelling and chattering as a girl announced "YES, YES, BURN, BURN IT ALL DOWN!", causing the already on edge townsfolk to begin pointing fingers at her, calling for her to be apprehended or worse. Several of the more physically capable farmers who were unaffected by the flames were brandishing pitchforks and shovels, and started advancing on the suspect. "What the hell are you saying, girl? Don't tell us you had something to do with this!" "She must just be crazy.. let's go and find who really started this!" The farmers spokes amongst themselves, deciding on a course of action, not wishing to resort to violence. NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay

In the skies, Getch and his Sparrow fluttered around the edge of the flames, watching as the fires enveloping each of the farmhouses began to die down, except for one.. one of them flared briefly, attracting Getch's attention enough for him to set a course there, thinking it would be a good start, at least. Landing nearby the burning farmhouse, keeping a safe distance from the now worsening fire, he squinted through the dark at a girl brandishing some sort of weapon. The fire illuminated her figure just enough that he could make a decent match to the suspect contained in his memories. "Alright.. girl!" He tugged at the pistol on his belt, aiming it at her while still strapped in on the Sparrow. "You've done enough! Drop.. whatever that thing is! You're gonna pay for what you did tonight, but it doesn't have to be with your life, you hear me!?" Getch yelled out, his voice filled with frustration, still not have truly accepted the consequences of what had happened, just acting off of raw emotion. Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Last edited:
Scarecrow

Scarecrow was pretty good at coming out of left field. And at jumping. His two fortes really. And when Getch pointed his gun at Minna, that’s exactly what he did. He jumped out of seemingly nowhere right into mid-air in front of Getch, arms outstretched to take the bullet with his body, cutting off Getch’s view of Minna. This probably startling the hell out of both rider and sparrow, perhaps making Getch fire depending on how touchy his trigger finger was. “Ibegyoustopdon’tshoot! Let’s talk this out! It’s a water gun!!! Or Cannon! The correct terminology isn’t very clear, but the point is don’t shoooooot!!!

Ami nodded to the villagers as they requested her help. "alright fine, but I want like a whole box of candy or apples." she said as she turned and skreetched at the dying fire, the skreetch bounced off several objects, discerning their exact shape was hard but she knew their approximate size and was able to make out what could be a person sitting on something large. she began flying towards the object until it came into view and saw it was a man with a gun, she looked where it was aiming and saw two things, a girl and a scarecrow that was moving? thinking quickly she dashed forward to try and grab the gun or knock it out of the mans hand using her feet which where now bat talons.

Minna looked up from her dirt notes and saw that a gun was being pointed at her and the guy was saying something about her paying for something or other, Minna looked at him as she stood up before the scarecrow from The Thatch and before she could get a word in the scarecrow started talking very quickly, Minna smiled a small smile at the same time she rolled her eyes "Ok, to clear things up, first I was still at that Thatch place whenever this happened, Second the only reason the fire exploded suddenly was because it was oil,not a straight fire and third the Scarecrow is correct, she's a type of Water Cannon and is only used when this bit" Minna explained lifting up Meechi and pointed to the glass bubble "Is filled up and finally... HER NAME IS MEECHI!" Minna yelled out and punching Scarecrow in the back of his head

NamiHitluffy.gif~c200

pbtenchi pbtenchi , Rurnur Rurnur

Having a barrel barrel full of weapons thrown at him and being told to watch it wasn't something Jacob was expecting when he went to help put out a fire, but at the very least it was an easy way to help. And hey, he was even being paid to do it! While he would prefer to be out there helping fighting the fire, his minding the barrel was allowing someone who was better equipped to fight the fire to help. With nothing better to do, Jacob sat down and began watching the barrel. It wasn't long before his mind began to wander to recent events, 'What should I do with my life now? I can make money easily enough by fishing so survival isn't a problem, but beyond that, I have no idea. I think I'd like to be on a ship, but that might just be because I've always been on one. In that case, I should probably sign on to a ship, but most of the ships leaving here would be pirates. Do I want to be on a ship that much? That I'd join a bunch of criminals? Well, the Marines are obviously out, there's no way in hell I'm going to them after what they did... I suppose that joining a merchant ship is also out, I'd always be looking over my shoulder and worrying if it was going to happen again. I'd have at least liked to be able to bury him..."

Jacob looked down, eyes misting up for a bit before suddenly exclaiming, "ROPE! I need to splice this rope to the rope I already have! I can worry about all that later, I have rope to splice!" And so, sitting over a barrel of weapons, tears flowing freely, Jacob began splicing rope.

Sasha Holliday

Gunslinger1.jpg
Sasha nodded after the sheepman responded, and the two continued running forward. Now that she thought about it, there was quite a large amount of people who had all come to the island at once... perhaps some of them had been bad people? Everyone around her seemed to have varying levels of anxiousness to the situation at hand - some people had looks of pure despair, some of hopelessness, and others of rage. The sheepman had one of the latter, so something told her to just let him do his thing. She was simply a bystander who wanted to help, but she didn't feel as moved by the scene as others did.

As they chased after the Scarecrow however, another man approached and asked about his whereabouts. Sasha almost didn't answer because the question was so simple, but she pointed in front of her. If the man had simply followed where they were running, he would have found the scarecrow. LazyDaze LazyDaze

Upon arriving at the scene, Sasha saw what looked to be a field of crops and some farmhouses in flames. The dude who had shoved food onto Scarecrow's face was there by a flaming barnhouse, attached to a large bird and pointing a weapon at the shorter girl that Sasha had wanted to talk to earlier. Sasha ran past them, noting that Scarecrow had stopped to talk to the pair. Whatever was happening, there was no way those three could have been involved. They had all just been at the Thatch Spoon together. As Sasha ran past, she called out, "Scarecrow! Stay away from the fire! You are made of highly flammable material!" pbtenchi pbtenchi Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Sasha slowed to a walk as she neared the fields and got close as she could get without burning herself. With a closer look, she saw a watery substance inside the fire. Was that... oil? So it was intentional arson.... Sasha needed to head elsewhere, but as she turned, a bunch of villagers had gathered around her. They seemed highly suspicious of her, and some of them were questioning her about what she knew and brandishing pitchforks and other long farming tools. Sasha sighed. It was actually a very calm response from the villagers after their crops were burned, but it was still annoying nonetheless. There were other things to be done if the villagers didn't want this to happen again. "I know nothing," she told them. "I just got here yesterday. If you want to ask someone who actually appears to know something, why don't you ask the only person here who appears to be enjoying a burning field?" She pointed over at the girl who was yelling excitedly at the flames. It probably wasn't her (a real arsonist of such a scale would have ran or hid,) but Sasha rathered they question her than herself. NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay

Without waiting for a response, she pushed through the villagers and ran past the fields. It was hard to see with all the flames, but it didn't take an expert to realize there was nothing they could do to save the fields. The better plan was to look for the culprit. Once she was out of the bright burning lights of the fires, Sasha glanced around at her surroundings, trying to look for traces of oil splatters or any hint of who could have done this. She was on the opposite side of the fields, away from where she had come from. The culprit likely didn't start the fire from the village side; that would have been too apparent. Rurnur Rurnur

Last edited:
Getch's eyes widened in surprise as the Scarecrow suddenly appeared before him, his fingers squeezing the trigger of the pistol just as his Sparrow darted backwards, pulling his aim away from his original target, causing the bullet to go astray. "Damn! What the.. what is this? Some kind of joke? Water pistols? Talking scarecrows?" Getch sighed and took a moment to pet his bird, calming it down briefly, before suddenly he felt a tugging from above, looking up to see his weapon in the grip of some creature. "Geh! Get off!!" He cried out, pulling the pistol out from it's claws but allowing it to slip from his grasp in the process, landing on the ground away from either individual. "Oh! I see how it is! Trying to trick me, and then catch me off-guard? Yeah, right! Sparrow, take care of that nuisance, but don't go far! I might be needing ya.." Getch ordered the bird and hopped off his mount, quickly recovering his pistol as the enormous Sparrow set its sights on the bat-girl, rocketing towards her with extreme speed, intending to dive bomb her, not making direct contact but trying to blast her away from the area with the explosive air pressure caused by the attack.

"Now.." Getch caught his breath and faced the suspect and scarecrow, holding up his pistol with the barrel facing the sky, but still with his finger on the trigger. He gave a confused look as the girl went ahead and whacked the Scarecrow for some reason. Was this some kindof machine of her creation? Was it not working properly? "Water cannon, right.. and you expect me to ignore the fact that this fire starts as soon as all you strangers arrive on the island? And besides, how can you still keep a straight face after that creature of yours attacks me? Huh?" He raised his voice, pointing his gun in the direction of the bat-girl, beginning to sweat as he drew nearer to the fire. Xcelgamer Xcelgamer pbtenchi pbtenchi Amyleii Amyleii

elsewhere...

As the fire still raged in the center of what was once Sparrow Farms, the flames illuminated the thick wall of woodland that seperated the territory of Big Seed from the interior of the island, where the Super Sparrow population remained during the night. There was an area of hillside that had been cleared of forest just beyond the perimeter of the farms, but beyond those hills, there was nothing but deep forest that the islanders very rarely travelled through, as the only real settlements on the tiny island were located along the coastline, specifically the west and south, with the east mostly populated by pirates. A number of these hills overlooked the farmhouses, and were quite popular places for the townsfolk to visit, due to the exceptional view it gave of the sunflower fields. But today, the villagers visited one of these hills for a different reason.

"I knew it! He was here! But where'd he run off to?" a handful of farmers had travelled up one of these hills, noticing flattened grass where one of the survivors suspected a man was lying in wait with a rifle. Searching for clues, one of the old farmers noticed a girl looking around in a similar fashion. "There they are! Let's get em'!" "Ah you old coot, that can't be them!" "Pirates are a nuisance, but this don't seem like their work.." One of the farmers turned to solemnly watch the burning field. It was a perfect circle, no oil splattered around starting new fires, no suspects caught running about, it started immediately, from all sides, giving the townsfolk no chance to put an end to it early. If anything, this seemed like a highly organized attack, definitely not the result of a bunch of pirates deciding to burn things for fun. Edric Yuma Edric Yuma

Minna just looked at Getch, her eyes opened stunned at the logical leaps this guy before turning to the side and pinching the bridge of her nose "Oh my god, I did not think anyone could be this stupid" Minna sighed to herself before heavily exhaling "Ok, you know what screw it, you want me to admit that I did this then fine. I did it, I somehow made a double of me that can move and talk" Minna yelled as she pressed a button on the Gauntlet and it started to shift into a bat "So congratulations, you figured it out, I did it just to test out some weapons" Minna continued as she hit the dirt with the bat and holding it up ready to swing "Unfortunately for that means I have to knock you out. So let's see if I can actually hit the bullet back" Minna said "Although maybe your just trying to deflect onto me. See I have witnesses, you however do not." Minna said simply before pushing Scarecrow out of the way "Out of the way mate, thanks for the first block but I got this shot" Minna continued confident in her weapon
giphy.gif

Last edited:
A few minutes had passed, and unfortunately, the rope was as spliced as it was going to get. As far as splicing rope goes, that was an undoubtedly good thing. In terms of distractions though, it was a disaster. Watching a barrel could only distract someone so much. However, a thought occurred, 'She only said to watch the barrel, and then that she'd be back. At no point did she ask me to stay here. So there would be nothing wrong with me going to help out with the fire as long as I keep an eye on the barrel.'

A new task found, Jacob got up, tied the barrel to his back, and went in search of the fire. He didn't have to look very hard. And hey, good luck, there was the girl who left him the barrel, she was with the scarecrow, and talking with... someone. And pointing a bat at him, "What's going on here? I thought you were going to go help out with the fire, and here I find you threatening some schmuck."

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Rurnur Rurnur pbtenchi pbtenchi

Last edited:
Scarecrow

So it wasn’t the local pirates. And it wasn’t this group of strangers. Had whoever done this planned on them turning on each other? He had to do something to break the tension. Being willing to get shot to prove his point didn’t work. That just meant he had to try harder. He had to try weirder. He gently moved Minna’s bat out of the way and spoke up “You have to listen to me! I… AM YOUR FATHER!” sweat was starting to pour down his turnip, he had no idea if Getch would buy it, and less idea of how long he could keep it up. Hopefully just long enough to prove to Getch they weren’t responsible. He knew if it didn't work it would probably just make the situation worse, but he had no idea what to do other than catch him off guard and take control of the situation. Hopefully, he'd be able to guess enough about Getch to convince him for now.

Ami was able to wrestle the gun from the mans hand but it seemed to make him angry and he sent his large bird after her. The bird was much faster then her, but she had agility, she dodged its darting attack and corrected herself as the wind blasted her backwards from the sparrow, while it was turning for another attack she quickly flew back down to the ground and hid behind the scarecrow, returning to full human form. “Help me scarecrow-tan, scare away dat scawy bird! Pwease!” Her hope was that at the vary least the bird would find the scarecrow tastier or more useful for nest building then she was.

Chef DK

Double_Down_Anime_Infobox.png

Panting, Desh places the pump at the edge of the field and with sweat pouring he bends over, hands on knees, praying to God for good heart health and a cold beer. "Nice one!" chuckles the painter, plugging the trailing hose into the pump with a click, completing the setup.

"Pump three ready to go!" the shop owner continues, pressing the lever as others do at pump one and two, bringing water through the hose at high pressure and into the burning fields. It probably wouldn't stop the flames, but it would contain them, that was the hope anyways...

"Desh! You should go too! You'll be able to beat em' all up, won't you?"

"Right! We've done all we can here.."

Come two villagers, urging the cook to carry on and find the culprits, if any existed. Such a thing didn't really interest the man, he wasn't much for fighting but... They did have a point. Out of the townsfolk, Desh was one of the largest and had the Sea's power, but then again....

"Do I have to?" whines DK, straightening upward with a sigh.

In response, the crowd goes silent for a moment, not a peep beside the squeek squeek of the pump's lever. One could drop a pin audibly for the moments that passed until the initial shopkeep (furnace guy) steps forward with a smile.

"OF COURSE YOU MORON!"

"QUICK, FIND THEM!"

He yells, teeth turning to daggers with the order, capped off with a sudden shift to politeness, the quiet cap to the command a simple and polite "Please will you!"

"S-s-sure you're scaring the sparrows gramps, calm down" mutters Desh, turning from the now laughing crowd, having found a moment of levity among the chaos.

Making his way to the back end of the field, Desh scouts about, following where the flying girl creature had gone. It wasn't much of a lead but something was better than nothing. "Who the hell is that?" muses Koro, scratching his head at a hazy set of mirage like figures visible through the haze of smoke and flame. Coming closer his eyes widen, seeing not only the flying girl from before but the gang from the thatch, AND the pirate Getch. What was going on? Had the pirates lit the fields on fire? Had one of the new arrivals? "No, impossible they were at the bar and why would the Sparrow Pirates do that, no way" counters the cook, closing ground between he and the mob, overhearing the accusations cast by both sides, backdropped by the flying girl creature..... "De-arming Getch, not bad" only to be attacked by the pirate's Sparrow. What in the hell was going on? Desh intended to find out as he stepped to the squad, arms crossed.

"Getch! You idiot, they were at the Thatch!" grumbles the cook, looking at the charging Sparrow.

"Control your bird! Before someone gets hurt! And you, new guys, girls, and um, well.... creatures I guess.... The Sparrow Pirates need the sunflower crop too, I don't think they'd burn it down. Isn't that right? Or is there something you're not telling us." DK concludes, a suspicious eye cast at the pirate, looking for dishonesty in case the presumption of innocence was wrong.

Rurnur Rurnur
Xcelgamer Xcelgamer
Amyleii Amyleii
pbtenchi pbtenchi
Jigale Jigale

Last edited:
"You've got a death wish, girl!" Getch growled and turned his gun towards Minna, his grip tightening, finger slowly applying pressure to the trigger. But some of the pressure was released when the strange figure before him gave another outburst. "What!? You damn.. thing! You don't know anything about my father!" Getch's hand began trembling, his eyes turning to the flames, the majestic flowers withering and dying in an instant, all those years and work and trust being undone. But he wouldn't let himself be so easily distracted. However, it did begin occurring to Getch that this lot was simply too crazy to be capable of pulling off something like this.

Hearing a familiar voice, the pirate turned to face Desh, still keeping his gun trained towards Minna. "Geh.. Sparrow! Wait!" He shouted as his Sparrow skidded to a stop, landing right before the Scarecrow, the bird's enormous beak now only inches away from its face, inspecting it curiously. "Desh.." Getch squinted over at the large man, before tucking his pistol back into his belt. "Alright! Maybe these fools didn't do it. But that doesn't mean you're gonna get away with making those kindof accusations! Towards me!" He raised his voice and stomped in Desh's direction. "And what about you, huh? You live here, you know there's not a chance this was done by a local! It had to be one of those damn newcomers you were hosting! There's nobody else on the island!" He yelled up at him, his fists clenching tightly. Jet Jet Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Amyleii Amyleii pbtenchi pbtenchi Jigale Jigale

Sasha Holliday

Gunslinger1.jpg
As Sasha looked around the small forested clearing, searching for clues, a couple of farmers burst into her view. They at first mistook her for a pirate (she wasn't one... yet,) but quickly realized she wasn't the culprit. One of the farmers turned back towards the field, a lost look on his face. It was one thing to be faced with hostility in the face of a tragic event, but to see the effect the burning of their property had on the farmer made Sasha realize just how much this field had meant to them. She had seen enough, there wasn't anything else she could glean from the place. She walked forward and patted the farmer on the shoulder. "Sir, I may be but a stranger to these lands, but as a fisherwoman I know the feeling of being connected to your land. I will do my best to find whoever caused this and put an end to their buffoonery. Please put your faith in me." With that, Sasha began jogging back towards the burning fields to where the Scarecrow was. She needed him to do some scouting.

Upon returning to the burning fields, however, she realized Scarecrow was still in the same area, talking to the same people. Except this time, she looked closer and realized two of them were in conflict, weapons drawn, with Scarecrow and some others getting involved. "Okay, what the fuck?" She muttered. They had literally all been at the same restaurant a few moments ago, and this definitely wasn't the time to be fighting. As she continued jogging forward, however, she watched as the chef of the aforementioned restaurant come in to try and intervene. Upon seeing the cook, the baddie who had shoved food in Scarecrow's face seemed to have cooled a little, but the situation was far from deescalate.

As she neared the group, she got just close enough to hear the last bits of what the (assumed) baddie was saying. "...had to be one of those damn newcomers you were hosting! There's nobody else on the island!" Upon hearing this, Sasha shoved her pistol back into its holster and walked up. It was getting annoying that even after she had gone and done something productive the man was still here bickering.

"Dude." Sasha walked up and placed a hand on the man's shoulder. "Calm down and assess the situation. You literally shoved food in the Scarecrow's face, but does he look mad at you? No? Then you have no right to be mad at us. First of all, we cannot have possible done this. Look closer at the fire. There's oil all over the fields. Do you think one of us had a bigass ship that could carry all that oil? These sparrows would have destroyed it. Secondly, we need to find the culprit before they get away, and standing here doing absolutely fuck all isn't gonna help. I know you're mad, but pointing guns at innocents isn't helping."

Sasha removed her hand from the man's shoulder and looked at the rest of the group. "I normally don't get this involved in a situation, but a certain farmer past these fields made me sympathetic. I've already looked for signs of a culprit, but aside the dense forests, there really isn't much else. It's weird, because with this much oil spilt onto the fields, there should be signs of oil trails or something of the like. So this means the oil was systematically covered over the fields in such a way that left no trail. Not sure if that information helps in any way, but we also need to ask around the area for any witnesses and look into the dense forest area over on the other side of the town. If someone the entire town doesn't know about did this, then that's definitely where they would be hiding. That's why we need a scout."

She glanced over at Scarecrow. "Hey, you're pretty light. If we figured out some way to throw you into the air, do you think you could do some mapping of the forests for us?"

Rurnur Rurnur pbtenchi pbtenchi Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Jet Jet Amyleii Amyleii Jigale Jigale

Wanted Dead or Alive
ChirrieCaptain of the Sparrow Pirates
Bounty: 15,000,000 Beli

"What!? And you let him go off on his own!?" The two members of the Sparrow Pirates sent back by Getch glanced at each other nervously, as a muscular, intimidating figure berated the both of them, his facial features obscured by darkness. "Alright, alright. Here we go." He stood up, now towering over the two other pirates, who were already quite large individuals. His face was heavily scarred, and bore strong features, thick black eyebrows and a wide chin. He had tanned skin, cold eyes and wild dark hair running down his back. He pushed past the two men, almost knocking them off their feet and went storming into the barracks. "Sparrows! We ride for Big Seed, NOW!" His voice boomed throughout the base, instantly waking up the two dozen pirates inside the building. Immediately, they all rushed outside and strapped themselves into their sparrows. This was the "Sparrow Force Base" situated on the eastern coast of Sparrow Island. The barracks were home to the Sparrow Force, an elite group of Sparrow Pirates who were each given a trained Super Sparrow mount, while the remaining majority of the forces were situated in other barracks around the base. Just outside of the base was a collection of encampments and trading posts that were collectively referred to as "Sparrow Town", populated mostly by low-level pirate crews that would quite often break apart and join up with the Sparrow Pirates. But nevertheless, the Sparrow Pirates always kept the peace in this area, allowing for this small world of theirs to exist outside of the law.

The large pirate gave a pained sigh as he knocked on a door shoddily labelled "Captain's Quarters". Frowning at the lack of response, he banged on the door with his fist, creating a loud racket around the now empty barracks. "Dammit!" He yelled and kicked in the door, only to find a pink-haired girl snoring happily in a hammock. "Chirrie!" He called at the top of his lungs, to absolutely no sign of a response from the sleeping girl. He then closed his eyes and took a deep breath, before shouting out "CAPTAIN!". The girl suddenly awoke in shock, rolling out of her hammock onto the floor. "Oop! Ow.." She said before quickly recovering into a sitting position with her legs crossed. She appeared a lot younger than she actually was, whereas, the quartermaster, Bennett, appeared much, much older. Chirrie had pale pink hair tied up into a braided ponytail, large black eyes and wears a leather pirate coat, several times too large for her. "Mornin' Bennett!" She said cheerfully, saluting the larger man. "Don't 'Mornin' me! There's no time for chit chat girl, there's been an.. attack.. on Big Seed, and Getch is there by himself! Let's get going!" He shouted, but before he had finished his sentence, Chirrie was already nowhere to be found, now sprinting outside onto her Super Sparrow, ready to lead her forces. "Here we go boys! This is our island, and we ain't gonna let no-one mess with it! Am I right!?" She yelled in a high-pitched voice that regardless still commanded attention from the rough-looking assortment of pirates who all roared in agreement, before taking off into the night sky.

"W-Wait up!" Cried Bennett, as he struggled to mount his Sparrow, the bird pecking at him and resisting his advances, before he was finally able to join them, although at a significantly slower pace than the other pirates, with the bird struggling to keep up under the quartermaster's weight.

1565213586813.png

Oscar awoke later than he had intended, but he felt he had earned the rest after spending the entire previous day just trying to get onto this stupid island. His old crew had been captured not two months ago, but he was already itching to get back out on the seas, and he'd heard that Sparrow Island was the place to be if you were looking for that type of work. He rolled out of the hammock he had "borrowed" for the evening and rubbed his eyes before watching as several locals went dashing past, yelling something he was too groggy to understand. Oscar let out a long yawn before looking around to see what exactly all the commotion was, then it became very obvious to him. "Shit," he muttered under his breath as he began walking toward the inferno, it was a way off, but he could feel its heat from here. It looked like the flames were coming from the farmhouse, "Damn thing starts a blaze and I missed it! Guess I'd better head over there and see if there's any fun left to be had" he muttered to himself again as he began strolling off toward the raging fire.

As Oscar approached he saw a gaggle of people attempting to put out the flames, and another group of odd folk shouting at each other and pointing guns. Oscar smirked, he'd found the party and he wanted in. He reached into his breast pocket and pulled out a cigarette, walking over to the flames and holding it out, using the farmhouse inferno as a lighter before popping the other end between his lips and sauntering toward the group. He waited for a dip in the shouting before speaking up, smirking
"Whoa, whoa, gents, ladies, what's all the commotion for? Can't ya just take a deep breath and enjoy the beautiful flames for just a second? The way they flicker really helps calm the mind, you might be a bit more useful and level headed if ya did so," he told the man in front of him, who he now recognized as Getch of the Sparrow Pirates. He smirked as he took a long draw of his smoke and slowly let the cloud of smoke slip out of his mouth, maybe this would be his chance to get in with a new crew.

Ami sighs as the big bird is called off, she listens to what everyone is saying and doesn't mind being ignored, while everyone was yelling at eachother she was able to determine that none of these people where responsible since according to three of the people yelling they where all at a bar moments ago, which means Ami didn't have to worry about any of them. someone suggested throwing the scarecrow up in the air to find the culprits but Ami piped up "oh, don't worry about throwing him, let me do it. I'm good at stuff like that." she says turning into a bat and flying high up into the air. she screeches in several different directions to try to find anything suspicious. she collects as much information as she can and then starts her descent back to the group when she sees a suspicious man walking towards the unaware group. she stops in midair for a second then sees a small spark of flame near his mouth. "THERE HE IS!" she yells as she divebombs and tackles the man. "I GOT HIM! I GOT HIM!"

Oscar looked up as he heard a shout from up above, his eyes widening as he watched a small child fly toward him, only to make contact a moment later and shove him to the ground. "Hey! What the-?" He put his hands up and tried to push the girl off of him, "What're you doing?! What'd I do to you?!" He shouted at her, still struggling to detatch the small figure from him, eventually breaking free and scrambling to his feet, reaching for the pistol on his right thigh, pointing it at her instinctively before taking a deep breath and slipping it back in its holster, looking down at the now sad and broken cigarette at his feet, knocked from his lips in the attack "Stupid brat, those things weren't cheap you know..." he trailed off as he reached for a replacement and pulled his lighter from his pocket before lighting up the new cig and returning the lighter to its home.

ALEXANDER GRAVE

Seeing the fire up close, Alex was suddenly glad he left his other two instruments buried by the beach. He couldn't lug them all around now could he. The fire didn't look like it would spread to even the town, but one could never be too safe. He trailed behind Sasha the entire time, ignoring the look that she gave which seemed to display pity? When they arrived she shouted to the scarecrow first, stating the obvious. The entire scene was a bit comical. Imagine if you will, managing to escape the destiny of your kind and gaining freedom only to freely choose to go to a field. Furthermore, the field has been set ablaze. Irony was a cruel god after all. Alex shook his head as he allowed himself to get to caught up in his own thoughts once again. There seemed to be various plots converging at the field. Alex couldn't care less, all he wanted was the scarecrow to pay for his meal, but whisking the wooden being away appeared to be impossible. Accusations from the left, judgement from the right, and Alex just didn't want to be front and center. He hung back, almost hiding behind Sasha as he did his best invisible man impression.

He stared at his nails as they argued and screamed about. The fire in the background made the whole ordeal pretty awkward though. He continued to act uniterested, occasionally mimicking the gestures of an angry farmer to blend in; however, when Sasha suggested they toss the scarecrow, to who knows where, he decided to chime in. "Whoaaaaa, and why would we be throwing my mon-, I mean the lad, again? Is there not a better way to do whatever it is you people do?"

Alex's mind once again began to run wild as he imagined kicking the scarecrow over the field. He probably could if he really wanted to. "Nah, kicking him is out of the question," Alex said while nodding his head in an agreeing manner.

However someone else took upon the mantle which brought great relief. That was one bullet dodged.

“Cool so we should probably you know...leave?”

Edric Yuma Edric Yuma pbtenchi pbtenchi

( Anyone Anyone else who is there lol)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back