• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: Forbidden Fruit (ACCEPTING)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Jonathan was brought out of his thoughts by the words of the small sheepman before him and he simply knelt, taking the small creature out of his pocket. The sun was really starting to bear down on him now but he decided to shade the small woman with his hand while the other held her small frame still. "I simply went into the sea to save this small woman. She is still unconscious though and I do not know how to provide any medical assistance. Do you?" Jonathan wiped the sweat from his brow, before giving shade to the small woman once more. The surface world sure had its own set of wonders that he never even thought existed. Here he was, talking to something he would have ate without a second thought while holding something human-like that barely fit in the top part of his hand. This adventure was starting to shape up rather nicely besides the sea king crumpling his boat like wet paper!

Scarecrow

When Scarecrow heard the name question, he suddenly froze.

‘Do you have a name? Name? Name? Na-Na-Na-Na-Name?’

No.

Scarecrow sat at a chair at the Thatch Spoon opposite Sasha. He was receiving a multitude of stares from the other occupants. He slurped a drink through a straw.

Delicious! Amazing!

He ate some thing served by Darmy.

Disgusting! Amazing!

He ate some food served by Desh.

Delicious! Amazing!

He looked up at Desh. “How much corn would pay for this? I might have to go back to my field.

Edric Yuma Edric Yuma Jet Jet T Thatch -Spoon-People

Wanted Dead or Alive
GetchFirst Mate of the Sparrow Pirates
Bounty: 5,000,000 Beli

As more and more strangers piled into the Thatch Spoon, they were eventually followed up by a trio of harnessed Super Sparrows which landed on the dusty road outside of the establishment, and immediately began bathing in the dirt after their riders casually hopped off and entered the restaurant. Outside, the Sparrows were forming a veritable dust storm from their antics, making it almost impossible for any of the villagers to pass by. "Damn! It smells even worse than usual in here! What monstrosity have you cooked up this time?" The assumed leader of the group exclaimed rudely as he stepped inside, before noticing the man covered in blood and reeking of fish. "Or is it just you?" Getch pinched his nose, barging past Jacob on his way inside, followed by two other men. He was well-built, with bright yellow hair slicked back and sporting an odd-looking spiky beard across his jawline. All three of the men were dressed in leathers, likely to help with the process of riding atop the birds. Each one of them also carried a single pistol across their belts. "Darmy! The crews getting mighty low on liquor, why don't you be a dear and lend us a few shipments of the good stuff?" He grinned widely, stretching his hands out wide in a "friendly" gesture. Getch was generally known as an obnoxious troublemaker and nuisance around Big Seed. Though most of the villagers were wary of confronting him.

Eyeing the assortment of customers, Getch passed over the regulars and scowled at the newcomers, before focusing his attention on some strange wooden structure. "The hell? Who brought this thing in here? Your standards for customers are dropping every damn time I come in here, aren't they Desh? Hey guys, check this out!" Getch sat down beside the scarecrow and put his arm over its shoulder. "What's for breakfast, pal? Need a hand?" The pirate howled in laughter, before grabbing a handful of food off the plate and offering it to the scarecrow's face. "So, this thing is your friend, right?" Getch questioned Sasha, barely able to keep himself from bursting out in laughter again. His compatriots each gave a low, monotone chuckle. "But anyways, hop to it with that liquor!" He yelled out towards the back of the restaurant.

The Thatch Spoon: Jet Jet LazyDaze LazyDaze pbtenchi pbtenchi Edric Yuma Edric Yuma Jigale Jigale
In Big Seed: Pao Pao

Elsewhere...

Back near the shore, the cantankerous old man left in a huff exclaiming "This village ain't no place for weapons like that!", as the small gathering grew even larger. After a certain point, the sparrows circling above began to descend upon the scene, now hopping around between the villagers, even approaching the girl's weapon stand curiously before dashing away. Many of the villagers froze as the birds drew too close, as it wasn't uncommon for animals so large to cause injury without intending to. A number of sparrows wandered onto the beach, digging through the sand and mostly ignoring the fishman and mink who were conversing. As the old man was leaving he was approached by a sparrow who tugged at his pockets, ripping them open and spilling out a handful of coins as well as a few berries, which the sparrow swiftly scooped up much to the man's annoyance.

Though it wasn't long before something else caught the birds attention, causing them to all fly away at once, kicking up dust and sand around the villagers, which in turn made the gathering quickly disperse. Looking up above the village, one could make out a small dark shape, what looked to a be some kind of bird, small when compared to the Super Sparrows, but very large for a bird regardless. The flock of sparrows maneuvered around the shape, taking turns at dive bombing it but not making contact, until suddenly two loud booms were heard, one after the other. Following the noises, two of the Super Sparrows went spiralling down out of the sky, their still bodies landing in the dusty streets below, much to the shock and horror of the townspeople. The trio of tamed Super Sparrows reacted in a similar fashion, flying away from the vicinity of the downed sparrows. The other members of the sparrow flock all flew away from town, back towards the center of the island, while the black shape could no longer be seen.

Witnesses: Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Lucid Lucid The Good Doctor The Good Doctor
Nearby: MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

Last edited:
Jacob approached the strange man, he gathered that he was a criminal of some sort, but that was no reason to be a dick about it. Maybe if let him know he understood the man's situation, and let him know that he was going through a rough time, the man would back off a bit.

"Hi there!" He said, waving, "I know posturing is important for hoodlums, but could you please tone it down? I've had a not so good time recently, and would rather not deal with all that."

Satisfied that he had deescalated the situation, he sat down at a nearby table and waited for his meal.

Rurnur Rurnur Jet Jet LazyDaze LazyDaze pbtenchi pbtenchi Edric Yuma Edric Yuma

Last edited:
The sound of waves crashing around her slowly began to pull on her consciousness. Despite this, Fahlia was usually not one to wake up quickly, she'd always been a bit of a nightowl afterall. The soothing splashes of seawater on her skin only made her more reluctant to awaken. She didn't exactly remember when she got on a boat, but she was too relaxed to try and get up. She had a feeling she'd have to face some problems if she did...

The sound of confused, concerned and panicking voices boomed around her. Couldn't they tell someone was trying to sleep here? Her expression crumpled as she tried to ignore it and continue resting. Every now and then, light would glare from behind her eyelids, was someone shining a torch in her eyes or something? As the voices continued asking questions above her and discussing, Fahlia finally had enough. "Can you shut up already?! I'm trying to sleep here!" She screamed as she suddenly sat up.

Pain. Lots of pain. Recoiling from the sudden movement, she immediately flopped back down on whatever she was resting on. But more shocking than that, was the fact that there were big people just staring down at her. She had been found! Her instincts compelled her to run away, but her body wouldn't respond to her properly. Even trying to get up like she did earlier seemed difficult. As she remembered what had happened to her, she realized she must've fainted in the sea, and been found by these people. One of them was a fishman afterall! They were going to sell her off just like her brother! She couldn't let that happen! But what could she do in this situation?

Without even realizing it, tears had started to swell up in her eyes. "Please don't sell me off! I-I still have things I have to do!" She yelled out, as hopeless as it was. Bearing through the pain, she slowly sat up and looked them each in the eye. Well, wherever the eyes where in that fluffy hair. Maybe she could stall enough to recover her strength and run away? The aching throughout her limbs told her that wasn't possible, but she was desperate.

Suddenly, two horrendously loud booms resounded above her. Perhaps this was an opportunity? As the big people were momentarily distracted, and without even checking what the source of the noise and commotion was, Fahlia rolled off the fishmans hand in an attempt to escape.
The Good Doctor The Good Doctor Lucid Lucid

Last edited:
Sasha rested her chin on her hand as she calmly watched the Scarecrow eat, a soft smile crossing her lips as she watched the Scarecrow rate the food of the two chefs. It occurred to her that scarecrows shouldn't be able to eat food, but that wasn't the strangest of things about him. The Scarecrow seemed unaware of currency, so she would probably have to cover for him, which meant she only had enough to get a drink. It wasn't a big deal, however; she could always catch more fish while sailing. After ordering, she turned back to Scarecrow. "So, do you mind telling me how you ended up in a Scarecrow's body?"

Before he could respond, however, a group of uncomely men stormed into the restaurant and demanded liquor to drink. Sasha, unflinching, kept her eyes on Scarecrow as the group suddenly turned on him, harassing him for being a scarecrow. Sasha blinked once as the food Scarecrow had ordered was shoved in his face, then focused her eyes for the first time on the ragtag bunch of hecklers. Were these pirates? Nah, they couldn't be, true pirates had better things to do. When the one who had shoved food at Scarecrow addressed her, she brushed strands of her long hair behind her ear and locked eyes with the pirate. "Why yes, dear, I would say he is. Much better company than your lot, I would presume. Why don't you listen to that fine man over there and relax? I was also waiting for a drink, and I'm sure there's room for all of us." She gave the man who had tried de-escalating the situation a wink.

Without waiting for a response, she turned back to Scarecrow. "I apologize, I didn't realize this would happen at a restaurant. Do you need my help getting that food out of your eyes?"

pbtenchi pbtenchi Jigale Jigale Rurnur Rurnur Jet Jet LazyDaze LazyDaze

Chef DK

Double_Down_Anime_Infobox.png

Things were getting hectic fast in the thatch with customers swarming the deck. Such a thing was welcomed by Desh, for he was a practiced host and large influxes were nothing to him but an easy handle.

Spinning from Alex to the scarecrow, Desh analyzes the value of the meal and the value of corn. "One.... Two.... Three.... Twenty" he thinks, counting fingers before looking back to the creature.

"Twenty cobs of corn and its a deal!" declares the cook, arms crossed decisively. His efforts were not done yet though, a man covered in blood had stepped in and asked for assistance. Turning to the bar Desh disappears in a cloud of dust, and just as fast he returns with a plate of piled meat for the injured man, but something interrupts the flow, an incursion.... Of pirates!

Just as the Spoon is invaded, Darmy heads to Sasha with a drink, a concoction of pineapple and orange juices mixed with white coconut rum, topped with a slice of lime and an umbrella. It was the perfect day drink, light and airy with enough punch to be felt by anyone short of a straight alcoholic.

Instead of exchanging the typical pleasantries with Sasha, Darmy places the drink silently and turning to face the pirates she puts hands to hips, face contorting to a scowl at Getch's demand of free booze for the Sparrows. This wasn't the first time the gang had done such a thing, and to Darmy's shame she'd relented in the past, but perhaps this time didn't need to be a repeat, for two among the tavern folks spoke up.

"Crazy kids don't know what's best for them, fools" thinks the old bar maid with a smile as Jacob and Sasha speak, and in the silence Darmy breaks into laughter, her chin kicking back.

"Reckless youth!" spits the bar maid, shaking her head, looking up at the pirates with a grin.

"Seems we're all out of booze" she continues, popping the cork from a bottle to Getch's horror. With another laugh the bar maid tips the drink, inhaling and tossing the bottle to the side after a few hearty swigs. Sensing the mood shift to something less hesitant, Desh heads across the room, walking between the pirates and the customers, a thoughtful "Hmmmmmm" on his lips. Stopping at Jacob's table and sliding a plate of varied meats to the man.

"This will replenish your blood loss my friend, EAT WELL!" opens DK with a thumbs up, hoping to aid the injured man with the finest medicine in the Thatch.

pbtenchi pbtenchi Jigale Jigale Rurnur Rurnur LazyDaze LazyDaze Edric Yuma Edric Yuma

Last edited:
Scarecrow

Scarecrow was counting out cobs of corn from his coat to see if he had enough. “One... Two… Three... Well, I-“ he was about to explain about the usual construction methods of scarecrows from sticks, used clothes and a vegetable when a stranger sat down and shoved his meal in his face.

Scarecrow was fairly unfazed by Getch’s rudeness. In fact, whilst Getch was paying attention to the other clientele telling him to lay off, Scarecrow got down and started quietly licking the wasted food off the floor -Only a fool wasted good food and strange apparently edible substances, especially when they were probably immune to getting sick.

Rurnur Rurnur Jet Jet Edric Yuma Edric Yuma LazyDaze LazyDaze Jigale Jigale

Ramses Caprine

Ramses stared intently as the colorful fishman got down on his knees and begun to explain the situation. In the palm of his large hand, he held a small humanoid figure. He had never seen a creature quite like this one. Panic began to creep up on Ramses as he realized just how still the creature was lying. Sweat began to form on his fur as he considered worse.

"I simply went into the sea to save this small woman. She is still unconscious though and I do not know how to provide any medical assistance. Do you?" the fishman explained.

“Well, I took a short course in first aid… Hold still I’m going to check for its pulse,” Ramses responded to the shark skinned stranger.

The mink reached out a steady finger towards the motionless figure, but right before he could make contact the creature suddenly sat up on its own before shouting, “Can you shut up already?! I'm trying to sleep here!"

Ramses instinctually retracted his finger as the creature shot up unexpectedly. Now that he could see it more clearly he realized that the creature appeared to be female, and by the look of agony on her face, she was in a lot of pain. He watched as the creature laid back down onto the fishman’s palm.

“What do you make of that!,” Ramses said with a soft tone as he looked at the still kneeling fishman. “Such a fantastical creature… Well, I guess it’s more of a person than a creature… I wonder if that size gives any advantages in combat. By the way, I don’t think I caught your name earlier, my name is Ra…” the mink stopped mid-sentence as tears began to well up in the tiny ladies eyes.

"Please don't sell me off! I-I still have things I have to do!" plead the small woman. Ramses could still see the pain on her face clear as day. She would definitely need medical attention. Ramses ran his fingers through his wool-like afro as he searched for comforting words to say. What would my mother say in this situation, he thought. Just then a loud boom echoed in the skies above followed by another identical boom as second later. The Super Sparrows that had been flocking to the beach all became startled by the sound and began to depart one after the another. A large cloud of sand was kicked up in the process.

“What the hell was that,” Ramses muttered as he turned his head towards the sky, however aside for the cloud of sand and fleeing Super Sparrow the skies were otherwise clear. As the mink turned his gaze back down to the little lady he noticed her rolling off of the fishman’s hands. “Wait don’t do that! You are in no condition to be moving around!” he called out as he moved his hand to catch the woman as she fell towards the sand.

Rurnur Rurnur The Good Doctor The Good Doctor MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

Minna picked up her barrel of weapons when the crowd quickly dispersed because of the two now downed birds. "Stupid Birds, getting in the way of my sales" Minna mumbled to herself as she quickly jumped over one of the birds and walked towards where the only person who had taken interest in her weapons. As she made her way inside and seeing all the people inside she groaned to herself "UGHHHHHHH, great people. Well might as well get this over and done with" Minna walked in pushing people out of her way to find a seat and walking in an unintentional sexy manner for someone so short, maneuvering through out the crowded resteraunt before she reached the counter and yelled "Yo big guy, I've got a counter offer for you, I give you the gloves for a feed and a drink? Because I was basically going to give you back the Beli for a feed any way so why don't we just agree to cut out the middle man? That sounds like a fair deal?" Minna said as she took a seat nearby, putting the barrel of weapons next to her and pulled off a large slab of metal from the back of her belt and carefully placed it on the table and pressed a button on it which made the metal start to shift into a straight sword before she started pulling out some tools from her apron and started tinkering with the piece of metal already forgetting the people around her as she focused on making sure her best baby was fully fixed up and started humming to herself

Last edited:
Getch raised his eyebrows mockingly in the direction of the bloodied man. "Well, I'd rather not deal with your stench entering my nostrils, but we can't all get what we want, can we?" He dropped his head back and howled with laughter. "Oh jeez, boys, did you hear that one? That was a good one right? Man i'm funny." The other two gave another low, monotone chuckle each. Jigale Jigale

He shrugged towards the woman across the table from them. "Does it look like i'm stressed out to you lady? We're clearly having a great time! Aren't we boys?" The boys didn't respond. "See! And so is your scarecrow friend! Wait-" Getch felt his arm drop onto the seat, looking down at the scarecrow on the floor. "Oops, that's my bad, your buddy seems to have had too much to drink! Fine, fine, I'll leave it be." The pirate shook his head and got up from the table, with the other two following behind him. Edric Yuma Edric Yuma pbtenchi pbtenchi

"Hey! Dammit! Give us some of that! Aw man.." Getch snapped his fingers and dropped his head as the liquor disappeared before his eyes. The boys each placed a hand on his shoulders sympathetically. He then swatted them away angrily. "Geh! Forget about it! We'll find that liquor elsewhere! Even though the boss really, really wanted some from the Thatch Spoon..." He turned his head back towards Darmy hesitantly, waiting for a reaction. The Captain of the Sparrow Pirates had a significantly better reputation around Big Seed than one such as Getch, though, she was still a pirate. "But she says you should quit drink-" "-Shut it! Damn, what's your problem?" Getch pushed one of the other pirates and slapped himself in the face, before beginning to walk back where they had came from. Jet Jet

"What the-" Getch frowned and hobbled, almost tripping out of the way of a girl carrying an assortment of strange equipment, weapons? "What the hell does she plan to do with that stuff in Big Seed?" He squinted, taking note of her presence in the bar. The other two shrugged and left the bar, leading Getch to quicken his pace in order to catch up. Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

With that unpleasantness dealt with, Jacob turned towards the chef, "Wow that is a lot of meat! I don't really need it though." with what he hoped was a friendly smile, Jacob gestured towards himself, "I mean, none of this blood is mine. I was just hoping for some directions to an inn of some sort where i could get a shower. But enough about me, who was that asshole? he walked in like he owned the place. On that note", He turned to the lady with the scarecrow and made it 2 words in before he remembered she winked at him, and his usual confidence failed him, "Thank you for, I mean, you didn't have to, and, I mean, and you're a very pretty, i mean, I'm not really looking for... "

His eloquent speech delivered, Jacob, looked around blush obvious on his face, desperate to change the subject, before settling on the girl with the barrel of goods, "You! Shiny things lady, do you have ropes or chains? I've found myself at a bit of a shortage recently. Honestly, any old junk will do."

Jet Jet Edric Yuma Edric Yuma Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Last edited:
ALEXANDER LOVEGRAVE
After the thugs left Alex came from his hiding place out from under the table. It wasn't that he was in fear, but it would be such a hassle to get roped up into a big fight that had absolutely nothing to do with him. It would have been a shame, the scarecrow was intriguing and just a little weird. Okay that was a lie; the scarecrow was really weird. The only thing weirder than the scarecrow was how natural everyone seemed around him outside of the thugs who were asking the real questions. Alex shook his had as he realized he was siding with hoodlums now. He climbed back onto his seat as if nothing happened and began to fantasize about getting off this island. It turns out there really were some troublemakers and he doubted that would be the last of them.

"As if the birds weren't bad enough, but now they are bundled with bird brains. I need to write that one down..."

Food or escape? Food or escape? Food or escape?...The rumbling of his stomach decided the matter on his own as he involuntarily raised his hand; however, he began to speak loudly without waiting to be acknowledged. "Yeah I would like...uhhhh…the special? Yeah the special. That guy said he would take care of the bill," Alexander said with a straight face as he pointed to the scarecrow. He didn't let it go unnoticed that he was able to pay in corn. "Thanks again mister....umm plank????"

pbtenchi pbtenchi Jet Jet

Open for other interactions,

Scarecrow

Scarecrow was shocked that Alexander would lie like that and make him pay for his meal! How evil! He started recounting his corn. “One… Two… Three…

He barely had enough corn to pay for his own meal, how would he pay for Alexanders as well?! What would the cook do to him? He looked like a tough squirrel. Would he have to spend the rest of eternity serving as a coat rack for the Thatch Spoon?! Would he have to spend the rest of his lifespan taste testing Darmy’s cooking?!

Panic filled his body, sweat started materializing on his face, and he started breathing heavy and shivering. ‘Calm down…’ he thought ‘Just tell the chef it’s all a big misunderstanding, I’m sure he’ll understand, right?’ He looked up at the Chef. ‘OH GOD HE’S TERRIFYING!

Scarecrow fell over out of his chair and started playing dead on the floor.

LazyDaze LazyDaze Jet Jet Edric Yuma Edric Yuma

Chef DK

Double_Down_Anime_Infobox.png
With Desh bystanding, the pirates head out, dissuaded by the unexpected resistance from Darmy and the bar's patrons. Such a turn surprised the cook, that random people would step up was shocking enough, but even more than that, that a five million beri bounty of a man would tuck tail and run after being denied and disrespected! Good fortune in spades, leave it to luck and sometimes things work out!

"That's Getch, first mate of the Sparrow Pirates. Has a five million beri bounty on his head. Hope that's the last we see of him for a while" answers DK in reply to the bloodied man. "There's an inn down the road by a quarter mile, not a bad spot just watch for snail Crabs" he adds, collecting the meat platter from Jacob for re-allocation to weapons woman, as it'd be the first payment towards the metal fists.

Walking to Minna with an odd pep in his step, Desh stops awkwardly before the lady "A DEAL!!!" he yells randomly, eyes literally lighting up with diamond flashes of light, his paws dancing excitedly near the bag of merchandise after placing the plate down on a table next to the woman.

"So cool..." he adds, collecting himself suddenly, traditional flute whistling in the background as a lone tear falls from his right eye.

"Darmy! A drink for the lady please! Any of her choosing!" asks the brute before overhearing Alex who'd ordered a breakfast special.... on the dime of corn hustler.

"Absolutely, I'll get right on it sir!" nods the cook, walking towards the bar and the cooking station to its rear, ready to work on a breakfast special and another plate of food for Minna.

Well that was the plan anyway, but something stopped him in his tracks....

Something funny about corn hustler....

How had he not noticed such a thing....?

Was he just an idiot....?

"Wait a second!" starts Desh as the scarecrow falls to the ground.

"Is that a...." he trails, eyes narrowing.

"That's"

"Impossible! "

"T-t-talking!

"SCARECROW!!!"

tumblr_inline_oflm69i4iy1tp0nl9_500.gif

Last edited:
"Excellent, I'll take the special with a normal pineapple juice, can't very well drink alcohol while I'm working on such fine equipment" Minna said without looking up from her work before she placed her tools down and gave the gloves to Desh as he said something about a scarecrow and made a weird face looking at the scarecrow as well as yelling about it "Why the fuck are you scre-" Minna started before seeing the scarecrow

tenor.gif

"Huh that's not something you see everyday is it?" Minna said calmly with a blank expression. "Anyway if any of you want some weapons come see me and I'll happily trade my gi-uh weapons for Beli." Minna announced before sitting back down to fine tune her weapon some more. As she did so a man walked over to her table wearing very little and a lot of blood on him "Yes what do you want? If it's weapons you want then we can talk if it's not please leave me alone I have work I'm doing" Minna said dismissive in her tone before the man explained what he wanted and after he finished, Minna's hands tightened around her tools before her left hand let go of the screwdriver as she hit the sword with it and the metal started to shift again this time starting to slightly bend as it went around her left arm forming a Gauntlet

"Now, I'm not real good when it comes to people talking so correct me if I'm wrong but"

"Did you!"

"Just"

"Call my"

"babies!"

"OLD JUNK!?"

b4930df8aeef4cc3fb56ed5b102b8310d04349c6_hq.gif

Jet Jet , Jigale Jigale

Jonathan was a little dissapointed at himself but he couldn't help but notice the sweat coming off of the sheepman in front of him and the watering his mouth induced on him. While most people considered it kind of gross, he found out that the sweat on animals made them all the more perfect for eating. Extra seasoning, if you will. This interaction made his mind wander back to a simpler time when he would hunt animals on his island every other morning before he started on the day's task. Seeing their scared faces as he led some of his brothers and sisters on a mission for blood. Hopping from tree to tree and finally pouncing on an unsuspecting deer or boar just made him feel powerful.

The large fishman shook his head, bringing himself back into the present. This was certainly more important than any of his...odd cravings. There was a life at stake! He found it cool that the sheepman knew something about first aid and was standing by to be of assistance when the creature popped up and yelled something at them both. Jon didn't know a lot about other races and was a little sad that he might have just disturbed a creature who might have been sleeping. He was just about to apologize when he saw her double up in agony and pain. Even if he had disturbed her sleep, he could atone for that now by helping her out of this predicament with his new acquaintance.

"Well, I'm sorry for just dumping my bag on you like that earlier. The name is J-" He was cut off mid sentence by the pleading of this woman not to sell her. Jonathan himself was a victim of slavery himself as a young lad and in his sleep, he was sometimes tortured by the feel of the cold metal. If he had anything to do about it, there would be no selling of anybody! He might have looked like a killing machine but there was a heart beating under all of this mound of muscle and teeth. After racking his brain for a few seconds, he finally found something that would sound right in the moment and was about to communicate how he felt when another boom rang off somewhere close. The fauna of the island where disrupted again and an annoying sound cloud was left in their wake.

"Do you surface dwellers always play with explosions this much? I've never heard this much commotion in one place before." After looking around the place for a few solid moments, he returned his attention to the woman below him. He didn't over react to her moving around and simply picked her up gently and placed her back onto his hand. The sheepman even agreed with him, stating that she was in no condition to be moving around. Jon wouldn't let her receive any more injuries, not on his watch anyway.

Sasha Holliday

Gunslinger1.jpg
Sasha laughed a little at the man's stuttering. "Why thank you, kind sir. You're not so bad yourself." She accepted the drink from Darmy with a thanks and took a sip, pleasantly surprised by its abundance of citrus flavours. "Oh! This is quite a pleasant drink."

The scarecrow, however, was not eating, and in fact had fallen to floor and laid there. Sasha decided to wait a bit before asking Scarecrow more questions - it seemed as if he could only process so much at once. As she sipped on the drink patiently, she overheard the cook talking about the pirate's bounty. "A pirate, huh...?" She mused under her breath. She had definitely come here to look for a pirate crew. Maybe she would go over to check them out, although her expectations were not high thanks to the first mate's uncomely first impression. If anything, she could always just steal the ship like she did her pistols.

Just then, however, the chef's loud remark about Scarecrow being a scarecrow cut through her thoughts, and she turned to face the chef. "That's a scarecrow alright. His name's just Scarecrow, apparently, but he doesn't seem like a bad guy. Found him washed up on the shore, for what it's worth." She glanced down at Scarecrow. "You alright there? I think the chef is just as surprised by you as you are intimidated by him."

Across from her Sasha spotted another conversation rapidly escalating. Ah! It was the weapons dealer she had wanted to talk to earlier! Alongside the man who had complimented her looks, but the shorter woman didn't seem very pleased with what the man was saying. Sasha raised her glass to the woman. "Um, excuse me, miss? I saw you at the docks - you have a fine display of weapons. Do you do any upgrading of firearms? Pistols, to be precise."

Jigale Jigale Jet Jet pbtenchi pbtenchi Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Last edited:
Jacob considered the chefs words, 'A 5 million beri bounty and he's shaking down local restaurants? I guess some people are small time regardless of how big they get. That is a lot of money though, I wonder if I could take him down. If he was swimming I'd say definitely, it'd be just like fishing, but I don't think I've ever thrown a spear at anything on land so I'm not sure how different it'd be.' He was shaken from his thoughts by a scream from the chef, he would've looked but it was at the table where the girl was sitting, and he didn't want to risk embarrassing himself any further.
Jet Jet

Despite his desire not to embarrass himself, he feared he might have just done so with the other woman in the restaurant, "Who's talking about babies? I just wanted some supplies from the proverbial bargain barrel." As soon as the words left his mouth, he realized that the woman must've made everything in the barrel, and he had just unintentionally insulted her work. Best to clear this up as soon as possible, "Look, what I meant was that my finances aren't where I'd need them to be to be able top pay top beri for the worlds best gear. So, any junk you've got will do... I did it again didn't I? I'd try and clarify, but I think I've done enough damage for one day."

It was probably for the best that he quit while he's not too far behind, the girl with the scarecrow was joining this conversation, and he feared what would happen if he tried to talk to both at once.
Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Edric Yuma Edric Yuma

As she rolled off the fishmans hand, she expected to fall through the air before colliding with the sand beneath her. The goat-person seemed to have other plans however, as she was promptly caught in his fluffy hand and yelled at. "I know, but what choice do I have?!" She retaliated angrily at her captor. Unfortunately, Fahlia didn't think she would be capable of another escape attempt any time soon. Partly due to their increased wariness now, but mainly due to the searing increase of pain in her backside.

Resigning herself to her fate, for now at least, she lay limp as she was plucked by the fishman once more and placed on his palm. Despite being unable to move very well, she stared at each of the big people as they conversed. Were they not going to put shackles on her? Or tie her up? She thought to herself warily. Did they think she was too injured to escape? Well, that would be a misconception they would soon regret... if the pain subsides, which didn't seem like the case anytime soon.
Lucid Lucid The Good Doctor The Good Doctor

Sparrow Farms
The sunflower field of Big Seed was rather famous throughout the South Blue, spoken about as one of it's "hidden treasures" due to the difficulty one had to face in order to actually see it. Planted in a spiralling pattern, the farms consisted of one enormous plantation that appeared as a sea of brightest yellow under the sun's rays, with about a dozen large farm houses along the perimeter, in order to maintain distance from the birds when they came to feed. Villagers would travel through the woods up onto the hills overlooking the farm, just to get the best view that they could of the sunflowers. During the day, flocks of Super Sparrows made their way through the fields, feasting on their favourite seeds, living a life of leisure they would never have without the Big Seed farmers.

Most days were the same, maintain the crops, the sparrows would eat well, the villagers would go about their business. At worst, the farmers would have to shoo off thieves or the Sparrow Pirates would arrive, making a mild nuisance of themselves. But today was different. Newcomers had arrived in town, putting both the villagers and the sparrows on edge, and on top of that, some sparrows were injured by an unknown assailant. Something that had almost never occured in the town's history, creating a large panic before the birds recovered from their injuries.

As darkness began to wash over the town, the chaos subsided, villagers returned to their homes, the bars and restaurants filled up with regulars, and the sparrows left the fields for their homes in the center of the island. But back at sparrow farms, something threatened to reawaken that chaos. A shot fired off near one of the farmhouses. "Who's there! Is that those damn pirates!?" Shouted one of the farmers, grabbing his rifle and running outside, standing on the porch, he squinted into the darkness of the fields, searching for where the shot may have come from. When he felt something hit his shoulder, turning his head, he saw thick black liquid running down his clothes, pouring from the roof of his home. "What in.. what is this..?" He stumbled backwards, trying to wipe himself clean, but getting nowhere. Slipping and falling onto the grass, he could see that the entire property was drenched in shiny darkness, no longer even resembling the place he had called home. A rumbling sound grew in the distance, and before he knew it, each of the farmhouses starting going up in flames, like beacons in the night, one after the other, until a flash of light could be seen on the hill across from his home, the bullet struck the oil coating, and then his home was no more.

It wasn't long before the flames were large enough for the whole town to see, creating a ring of fire around the sunflowers that slowly but inevitably began to consume the entire field. The villagers could only look on in horror, without anywhere near the amount of resources it would take to put a stop to such a force of nature. Luckily there was enough space between the farms and the town itself that the people's lives weren't threatened, and the farmers were even luckier, barely making it away from their homes without being taken by the flames. But the farms were this town's anchor to the island, without them, it was hopeless to think they could continue in their peaceful way of life.

Even from within the Thatch Spoon, the windows would glow brighter and brighter orange as the farms erupted into flames.

Lucid Lucid The Good Doctor The Good Doctor MiraAutumn MiraAutumn Jigale Jigale Edric Yuma Edric Yuma pbtenchi pbtenchi Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Jet Jet LazyDaze LazyDaze Pao Pao

Tochi.jpg

"Yes, yes," she said between panting, running, and groaning. Tochi getting on this island was a headache for her. She was able to steal a whole ship until they notice by tomorrow, and she couldn't even use it. Her plan: stop at the island, offer it up to some pirates, join their crew. A simple plan to woo her future husband. The best island for pirates, near her, was this Sparrow place. The small map, found on the ship, said it would be risky for marine entrance. In retrospect, taking only the ship, not weapons, food, or marine information, was a little too gracious to go in her cover-up plan. In addition, in retrospect, rowing on a dingy and stopping at the first restaurant was a bad move on her stomach.

But hey! This was the chance to meet the first great pirate. And hey! Maybe the last, since there were just too many nobodies in this area. She detected the sparrows being different. The fire definitely wasn't some naturally occurring wildfire. If she was lucky, she could catch the mystery blazer as they went into hiding. If she wasn't, she should still be able to track them after the wildfire. She patted the only thing in her bag that pushed around notes, that Marine Justice Coat.

She still has this offering. She still has her usefulness. She shouldn't worry about a thing. She should relax. She should enjoy her victory.

She stopped just at the edge of the blazing field. It was sunflowers burning, but that was a sacrifice, for now.
With her hands raised, she smiles and yells at the flames, "YES, YES, BURN, BURN IT ALL DOWN!"

Last edited:
Scarecrow

Scarecrow was shocked one of the first to see the light from his position on the floor. He almost immediately stopped playing dead and hopped out the door to get a better view. The orange and red lights illuminated the sky in a once in a lifetime beautiful display… But Scarecrow hated it. This wasn’t the sort of beauty he wanted to see. He knew this fire would massively damage the island and its populace.

Sorry! I’ll pay later! Swear it on my hat!” He said hurriedly as he hopped off away to the fire at a remarkable pace.

Tell the truth he was somewhat terrified. He didn’t know how flammable he was, but he guessed it was pretty high, and here he was going towards the wild uncontrolled fire. He didn’t even know what he’d do when he got there, watch it burn?

Ramses Caprine

It had certainly been an eventful morning, Ramses thought as the snaggle-toothed stranger took the tiny woman back into his hands with unexpected gentleness. Ramses was impressed and it made him all the more certain that the fishman had to join him on his journey when this was all over. However, there were more pressing matters at the moment. Firstly Ramses needed to find someone who could offer real medical assistance to the injured lady. The sheep mink took a deep breath in and then stood to his feet.

“Alright, sharkskin here’s the deal. I’m going into town to look for a doctor. We don’t know the extent of the little one’s injuries but they seem bad. I need you to watch her and make sure she doesn’t try any more stunts. I should be back soon.”

Ramses nodded his head at the fishman before turning around and setting his sights on the town in the distance. Just before taking off Ramses hesitated mid-stride. He turned once more to the knelling fishman, “You’re a good man mister. I’ve actually been looking for someone to adventure with and… ah well, we can talk about that later.”

With a sense of urgency, the sheep mink sprinted across the beach’s golden grainy sand. Within minutes he was back in town. Above the gulls' swooped, crying in that repetitive way they do. Through his overgrown hair, he began to survey his surroundings. The townhouses were identical in shape and size but no two are the same shade. They are yellow, lilac, blue, red, orange and every shade in between. Each one is not only a house but also a shop run by the folks that live above, but something was off about the atmosphere. Some people stood motionless in the streets with arms outstretched with a single finger pointing out into the distance. Ramses turned his head to the source of all the commotion. Behind his hair, his eyes widened. In the distance, he could see thick gray smoke billowing into the skies. The once pale blue sky is now shielded by a veil of darkness as the smoke swallows up the whole sky.

Without second thought Ramses began running towards the rising smoke.

Rurnur Rurnur The Good Doctor The Good Doctor MiraAutumn MiraAutumn Jz-ahn Jz-ahn

Sasha Holliday

Gunslinger1.jpg
As Sasha raised her glass to greet the shorter woman at the bar, she watched as the liquid inside her glass was suddenly illuminated by a great flickering of orange and red lights. "What...?" She muttered, glancing out the window. A single moment was all she needed to realize what was happening. As soon as she saw it, however, Scarecrow began rushing out the door. She watched him leave, then quickly chugged the rest of her drink, plopped the rest of her beli on the table, thanked the chefs for the food ("Loved the drink!"), and rushed out the door as well. The money was more than enough to pay for the meal, but she didn't have time to count.

Outside, she scanned around for the Scarecrow. EIther through a sense of ignorant curiosity or brave stupidity, the most flammable living creature in likely the entire world had just gone hopping towards the flames. "Wait!" She shouted, but the Scarecrow had already gotten far away. Sasha hadn't spent much time with the scarecrow, but he seemed like a genuinely kind and curious person. Moreover, it was painful to watch the town's greatest asset burn; if that had happened to her own town, she'd likely have been hellbent on killing whoever had started the fire.

With a burst of energy, Sasha also began running towards the flames, loading her long range pistol as she ran. There was no way the person who had started this fire was friendly. It appeared as if another sheep person was doing the same thing alongside her and the scarecrow, and as she ran, she shouted over, "Hey! Do you know who caused those flames?"

Lucid Lucid pbtenchi pbtenchi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back