• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: A Pirate's Life for Me [ALWAYS OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

capMARVELOUS

Acclaimed* Light Novel Author Tatami Enjo
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1535038304904.png
A new era has dawned upon the world, and all its four oceans. Near and far, people of all races, creeds, and backgrounds have taken up oars and turned to piracy, aiming to stake their claim in the world and discover new treasures, locales, and friendships. The increase in Marine activity has only served to bolster the number of potential pirates.
Untold riches, mysteries, and adventures await for those who seek them.
Including you.
So get after it.

ONE PIECE: A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME
Interest Group | Main Gameplay Thread | Character Factory | Chat Club | Lore

WHAT TO EXPECT:
Welcome to One Piece: A Pirate's Life for Me. Where adventure reigns supreme, and nothing makes sense.
In this sandbox-esque game set within a sort of alternate One Piece universe, you will create your very own pirates and crews and set forth to make a name for yourself. Massive creative freedom is allowed, and encouraged. Original content? Hell yeah! New islands, new races, new Devil Fruits, even new Shichibukai! Basically anything is welcome here.

HOW TO PLAY:
This section assumes that you've expressed interest in the Interest Group and made your character(s) in the Character Factory. If you have not done either of those, please do so.
Being a text-based roleplay, the events of One Piece: A Pirate's Life for Me will proceed through- you guessed it- the players' text. Words are your controls, sentences your actions. Everything that your character does, says, thinks, and feels is described through your writing. It’s like writing a little bit of a narrative every time you post. You are playing the part of your character by writing about them.
Due to the scale of the world this game is set in, please begin each post by placing your character's name and location at the top. After that, write your character’s actions, speech, thoughts, feelings, etc. Many people prefer to write these in the third person, but some write in the first person. You are free to write in whichever person you feel comfortable with. If interacting with other players' characters, tag the player(s) of the characters at the bottom of your post, as shown below. This will make it easier for everyone to keep track of who's interacting with who.
( capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS )
Repeat the process for each of your characters, if you have more than one.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Coriander Coriander ghxstfreak ghxstfreak
TAKE LUCK, AND WEAR YOUR SEATBELT​

Toka Gejekko

Toka was sitting down in his slightly-big (for a dinghy) boat, playing with his Den Den Mushi when it started ringing. The leopard gecko accepted the call as he called a cheerful 'Hello!' to whoever was on the other side. "Hey, big bro! You won't guess what just happened!" A smile popped up on Toka's face. "What happened?" He asked his little brother. "Shoto just asked Emiri out!" The gecko gasped with excitement. Shoto was the short one in his family, hence his name, although he was one of the older ones in his family. Emiri was his crush at highschool who his brothers quickly found out he liked. "What'd she say? What'd she say?" Toka squealed, hoping the best for his little brother. "Yes!" The gecko on the other side of the phone, named Keigo, called out super loudly. Gejekko got up and cheered for his little brother. After calming down, he sat down next to his Den Den Mushi and pet it. "Well, tell him I wish him the best of luck! I gotta go, there's a storm," Toka told his sibling Keigo. "Awww, alright! Bye!" The brother on the other side of the phone called out as he put his Den Den Mushi and belongings closer together at the bottom of the ship, resting a sheet over the boat. He hated the rain.​

Kota Numa - South Blue

"Another day, another treasure!" announced the plucky captain, "What's our location, First Mate Kota?"

"You know where we are as well as I do, Captain Kota. We're totally lost!" replied an identical copy of the captain. This didn't go over well with said captain.

"You fool! Never upset the captain!!" The captain picked up the first mate, and tossed him overboard without hesitation. Kota watched the clone break apart in the water, dissolving into the depths. A few moments later, a poof signified the creation of a new clone. And there he was, the first mate, completely unharmed.

Giving the captain a friendly wave, he spoke, "We've spotted another ship, Captain Kota!"

"Aah, finally, some good news! Let's head straight for them, not a moment of hesitation! And ready the cannons!" The captain ordered. And so it was done. The ship careened, diverging from its course to intercept the dinghy. Once the distance was closed satisfactorily, Kota shouted over the deck, "Hail, vessel! What is your purpose here, in these fair waters?"

( ghxstfreak ghxstfreak )

Pen Drake - South Blue
X_29tr1wn7scnIQ1F-aUJXJyxQIcuJ2KP-wqw-XuM9EDRFMyzRu87v0w65oMRnPrBkCazA=s113

Pen was in his full dragon form, flying over the ocean looking for a place to land and relax. Also looking forward he noticed a storm coming. So more then ever Pen needed land or he'll have to fly through a storm, which was never a fun activity. Lucky for Pen though, he spotted two ships... Well, a ship and a dinghy really. From behind the real ship, Pen flew over and around the ship to make his presence know. The last he landed on a ship out the crew permission it ended badly for and the crew... and the ship. After making himself know Pen swooped down to between the vessels and began flapping his wings heavy so he could just hover in place and talk to the people on the ships.

Looking at the people on the two vessels Pen found it strange to see a what seemed to be a gecko-like creature on the dinghy and a Fishman with copies of himself piloting the ship. Pen had no idea what he flew into but in the end, he knew he really didn't have the right to judge, being he was a panda dragon. "Would you mind if I landed and rested on your ship for a while?" Pen asked the owner of the larger vessel.
Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind ghxstfreak ghxstfreak

Toka Gejekko
Mood: Ready for a battle

Toka jumped as he heard someone yell out right next to his dinghy."Hail, vessel! What is your purpose here, in these fair waters?" A squid creature asked as the gecko pulled himself out of the blanket, leaving his scared Den Den Mushi alone. He jumped onto the side of the person's boat and made it's way to the deck, looking at the pirate. "Well, I'm trying to make (or join) a pirate crew!" Toka called out proudly when he realized the clones preparing cannons. "Oh, is this an attack? You must think I'm a weak dude with a Gecko zoan, huh? Well..." Out of nowhere the humanoid gecko transformed into a big muscular form of himself. "I'm a Gecko with a human zoan!" He said loudly with pride. "You still wanna fight or are you afraid now?" Toka added as he saw some panda dragon arrive. `Odd.. then again, I'm a giant muscular gecko.`

Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind ChazGhost ChazGhost

Kota - South Blue

Kota took a step back when the captain of the little dinghy transformed into a ten-foot-tall muscular behemoth. That was unexpected. "Woah there, let's not be hasty, shall we? Why don't we just..."

The squid man had stopped talking when nothing short of a dragon sailed overhead. It hovered where it was, in between the boat and the ship. It asked permission to land. "Uhh... Okay? I think? We're a little bit in the middle of something, here."

"Attaaaaaack!" Shouted one of the clones, jumping from the ship to the dinghy, wildly swinging a scimitar at the gecko-man. About three other clones joined the fight. The captain's face paled.

( ghxstfreak ghxstfreak ChazGhost ChazGhost )

Toka Gejekko
Mood: "Time for a fight!"

Toka smiled as he realized the captain was clearly frightened of his human form. He didn't care much of the dragon, as he could tell it wasn't with the squid-man. The gecko was surprised the crew even attacked, but he was ready. "Heeere we go!" Toka grabbed two of the clones mid-air, trying to knock their heads into each other, only for them to fold like paper. "Huh? Are they... paper?" He smiled as he finished, dumping the clones in his hands in the water, causing him to see them get wet and break up. "Easier than expected.." the tinkerer murmured as he started kicking the clones into the water. "Does the captain want a fight as well?" he yelled out, keeping his eyes on the paper-like clones.
Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind ChazGhost ChazGhost

Pen Drake- South Blue

Pen kept hovering over the ships as he watched Gecko transform and began fighting paper like clones of the captain of the big ship. Pen looked at the two before landing on squid man's ship. Once he did he began changing back to his regular panda mink. Once he was done it seemed like gecko had taken care of most of the clones. Pen began walking over to the squid man as the Gecko asked if he wanted to join in. "Well, are you going to fight him as well or are too scared to?" Pen asked the man wondering what action he would take next. "Whatever you're going to do I'm just going to sit down and watch" Pen said pulling a barrel over and sitting down in view of the fight. He didn't want to pass up front row seats to this fight.
ghxstfreak ghxstfreak Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind

Kibo Settoku
Mood: "Time to glug, glug, glug."

Kibo Settoku. An interesting man, to say the least. You want an example? Well, right about now, he's a few inches tall in a random fisherman's ship, which has Kibo's dinghy tied behind. The captain most likely doesn't know that this tiny man's taking a ride right now, but let's keep that a secret. "All my problems have a solution.. Dinghy too slow? Don't worry, there's a nice and pretty speedy boat you can sneak onto.." Kibo spotted a bar on the island ahead of him, Toroa. "Want a drink? Go and take a sip right over ther-" The small man was soon interrupted, realizing the captain had noticed him and was currently trying to crush him with a stick. "Hey, I'd love to watch you miss me a bunch with this stick but I gotta bl-" he wasn't able to finish yet again, as the man made his first hit, which seemed to be his last as Kibo fell overboard. "God dammit!" Kibo yelled as he turned to his normal size and started swimming towards Toroa. When he arrived, he watched the man get closer with his boat, confused. "I'll get that dinghy later," the brawler murmured under his breath as he turned back around and jogged toward the bar in his wet clothing.​

Quinn Albloom

Quinn was sitting in the bar with an empty mug in hand. She wanted more but her wallet was screaming for mercy. She had enough money, but she also liked eating dinner and sleeping in an actual bed. Quinn slowly lowered her head onto the bar counter, feeling the wood against her face. Buying another drink would be really nice. She had to change her minds subject before she really did spend all her money on average liquor. Quinn needed to find a way off this island, her last boat's fate being that of fire and ashes. She had to admit, it was a tiny bit over reacting to the larger bug. But the deed was done, she was stuck on a lame ass island. She did have the option to just, hitch a ride and hide in a barrel. She's done it before multiple times, but for once she just wanted to sail like a normal person. "If I must kill a man then so be it." She muttered into the wooden surface.

TERAUCHI MARI

Into the harbors of Toroa drifted a small, nondescript vessel that looked more like a rowboat than anything. It jostled against the sides of the docks, tossing its contents about slightly. Two curious dockworkers, having lashed this seemingly stray vessel to a post, peered inside to find the contents to be three empty or mostly-empty barrels, an enormous kanabo staff, and a tall, red-skinned woman, clad in naught but bandages and baggy pants, snuggled up against a gigantic drinking gourd. One of them prodded her with a pole, causing her to jolt upright.

"Eh?!" she exclaimed, for a moment not comprehending her situation. Once her wits settled, she took in the scenery and the dockworkers. A drunken smile crawled over her face; "Thanks for the help, lads," she slurred. She shook her drinking gourd around, hearing an echoing slosh. Seemed it was time for a top-off. As carefully as she could, she stood up and exited the boat, tossing a single Berry at the two dockworkers. "For your troubles," she said as she swayed off in the direction of the nearest bar, singing an off-color song to herself.

Once there, she practically kicked the door open, attracting the attention of damn near everyone there. "What's good, fools?!" she cried out in greeting, before slinking up to the bar counter, oblivious to the stares she was attracting.

Kibo Settoku
Mood: "Heheheh..."

Kibo had arrived at the bar and waved at a few of the people there. Right as he was about to sit down, an oni barged right into the bar with the loudest entrance the man had seen in a while. "Look what we've got here.." he murmured as he walked over to the woman, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Hello, I'm Kibo," the pirate greeted with a grin on his face. "What's a fine lady like you doing around this dump?" he asked, attempting to give the most charming first impression the brawler possibly could. "I just.." Kibo decided to not tell her how he arrived the most truthfully. "...asked my good friend to send me out somewhere across the ocean." 'Swoopin' in for the babe,' he thought to himself.
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Coriander Coriander

Quinn Albloom

Quinn listened as the door opened and closed, new people coming an going. The sudden thwack of a door opening made her shoot her head up and turn to where the noise had come from. The sheer size of the woman surprised her the most. Sure, Quinn was not the tallest of people, actually being fairly short. But this woman almost touched the ceiling. Only then did she notice the red tinted skin, finally understanding the reason behind her height and muscle. When a man walked up to her and presumably started to flirt, Quinn could help but put a hand on her face, rubbing her temple before turning back around to her empty cup. It was an event better left untouched. Too much attention would be a nuisance.

Samuel "Everblind" Wink

Samuel picked up the blindfold from beside him and then placed it over his milky blue eyes, welcoming the familiar feeling of rough cloth against his skin. He was seated on a comfortable, rather large bed, inside one of the many spacious cabins on the large, galleon. While he was alone in the room, he could hear the muffled conversations on the other side of the wall and the thumping of many sets of feet above him as they ran across the deck. He'd been a Shichibukai for over a year now and it still bothered him every time he set foot on one of these ships. A Marine Galleon.

He sighed deeply as he pushed himself off of the bed and to the desk on the other side of his room. He walked with confidence, despite being blind, and a small part of him still felt pride towards his Kenbunshoku Haki (Observation Haki). These days, it seemed like the only thing that kept him on his feet. That and rum. He picked up the two flintlock revolvers on the desk and the dagger beside them as well, tucking the former into their holsters and the latter into one of the many pockets in his cloak. People assumed that he didn't carry much in terms of gear and weaponry to stay light and nimble in battle, and they were correct in some regard, but the true reason was because it meant that he had less to lose.

He opened to the door and as he entered the corridor he was immediately faced with a pair of Marine recruits. They both froze as they noticed Samuel. One gave a sort of sloppy salute, trembling heavily, while the other almost dropped his musket as he stammered, "H-hello...S-sir!" Samuel simply grunted in return as he strode past them. Too early to deal with Marines. He thought as he climbed the stairs to the top deck. Where can a man get a damn drink around here?

As he set foot on the deck, he found himself surrounded by dozens of Marines, the majority of them scrambling around to finish one task or another. He lowered the hood of his cloak, not wishing to be bothered, and head towards a tall, sturdy man dressed in a Marine justice coat. The captain turned towards Samuel as he approached, scowling. "What is this time?" He said before Samuel had even reached him.

"I need a drink."

"You almost emptied the ship's rum storages last evening!"

Samuel groaned as he rubbed his eyes. "I'll just get some on the island."

This time, the captain's scowl deepened even further. "You know you're not supposed to have civilian contact during the trip. You still understand your position, yes?"

Samuel grumbled something beneath his breath before saying, "Of course, and no civilian contact." Before the captain could respond he strode toward the side of the ship and then vaulted over, landing softly on the sand of the beach that the grand ship was anchored by. Ensuring that his revolvers and daggers were still on him, he set off for the town in the distance, ignoring the calls of the captain.

Kota - South Blue

Captain Kota watched in disbelief as the gecko-man crumpled his clones with ease. But he made the mistake of destroying them! With a smirk on his face, Kota snapped his fingers, explaining as the four destroyed clones were replaced, "This captain doesn't like to get his hands dirty. Shipmates, attack, but in a more coordinated, effective fashion!"

The clones charged once more, except grouped together instead of all one at a time. Placed almost perfectly layed out for a large fist to launch them across the sea with one fell swoop...

( ghxstfreak ghxstfreak ChazGhost ChazGhost sorry for the late reply kek)

Xander Vulpine

Xander yawned as he got out of the large doggy bed the hotel owner had prepared for him next to the front desk. Despite still being unable to change back into a human he was more than happy just living at the hotel and being pampered. Shaking out his fur Xander walked over to the entrance and pushed the door open with his head, glad that the hinge swung both ways. After a short walk down the street he found himself sitting outside the tavern, waiting for one of the locals to let him in. It wasn't really the ambiance or the liquor in the tavern he was after though, what he really loved was the food. He knew from experience that despite being larger than a normal fox that most people still found him cute enough to offer their leftovers to.
(Sorry if my posts seem short, paragraphs aren't my forte.)

Last edited:
Samuel "Everblind" Wink

As Samuel stalked through the town, he reached out with his Kenbunshoku Haki, allowing him to "see" his surroundings. Wooden, sometimes run-down buildings, to the side, with the occasional townsfolk here and there. This used to be my world. He thought to himself, feeling the familiar sting of guilt at the mere thought of his past. He sensed several people taking more than one glance towards him, but tried to act nonchalant and shrugged it off. Wearing a heavy travelling cloak on a hot, simmering day like this was bound to attract attention, but Samuel would take it over people recognizing him any day. Besides, he'd been itching for a real conversation with someone else - someone who was not a marine - for a long time.

Finally sensing that he had arrived at the doorstep of what appeared to be the town's tavern, he gently pushed the door open, wincing at the audible creak as it did, and entered the bar. He wasn't surprised that it was already bustling with people - he understand that a bar was a gathering place like none other. A place where people could relax, unwind, and enjoy a drink or two. The time of day mattered little.

Pulling the hood of his cloak over his face, he walked over to the counter and found himself a seat beside a woman. He raised his head just enough to catch the eye of the bartender before asking,

"Got any rum?"

Coriander Coriander capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS ghxstfreak ghxstfreak

Last edited:
TERAUCHI MARI
Mari's attention was captured by a hand on her shoulder and a question about her. She turned to find a rather small young man to be the source of both. Cracking a grin, she loudly answered, "Ayy, 'sup little man? Name's- hic- name's Mari. And I'm here cuz my mates dumped me on a dinghy and pushed me out here!" Even though that situation wasn't all that funny to anyone, she laughed uproariously, before slapping the seat of the stool next to her. "C'mon! Have a seat, let's hang. Buy a girl a drink?"

Quinn Albloom
The people behind her were loud, and the woman's laugh made her ears ring ever so slightly. Its not as if she could complain though, it was a tavern so complaining about a noise would be like complaining about water in the ocean. The patrons of the space seemed just as conscious of their noise, but were more curious than annoyed. Quinn went back to her empty cup, taking a fake sip when a stranger sat next to her. His voice was weathered when he asked for booze and the way he dressed made her question his sanity in the wardrobe vs. weather choice. It wasnt too hot, but wearing anything that resembled a coat would be strange. She didnt want to stare, but currently she had nothing better to do than pretend to drink fake alcohol.

Kibo Settoku
Mood: "Hell yeah!"

Kibo's face received a big wide grin when the tall red lady turned and greeted him. The man was a bit offended at the 'little man' comment, but he knew the woman was quite tall so he was alright with it. He pulled himself on top of the stool when the woman, who introduced herself as Mari, put out the offer. "Buy a girl a drink?" she asked, which was when Kibo began speaking. "Well that's bad, I wonder why they would do that to you," he told Mari before answering her last sentence. "And, of course! Pretty ladies deserve a nice drink," Kibo said as he called over the employee and dropped some of his gold received as his 2nd place reward from the brawling tournament. "Oh, and by the way.." he turned back towards the woman with a smile on his face. "I don't necessarily have to be short, you see..." the brawler told her as he grew to a size slightly taller than Mari.​

Last edited:
Samuel "Everblind" Wink
Samuel was a firm believer that the day didn't truly begin until one has had their first drink. He took a deep gulp of the Rum that the bartender had quickly brought for him, and then slammed it down on the table a little harsher than he intended, causing some of it to slosh around in the mug and splash onto the counter. He grumbled an apology as he wiped at the mess with the sleeve of his cloak before taking a few glances around the room.

He nodded to himself as he took account of most of the people in the room. Turning back to the counter, he noticed the lady sitting next to him. He raised an eyebrow and looked around, before determining that she was indeed sitting by herself. Perhaps it was the drink that urged him, but he rattled his fingers against the wood of the counter and then asked, without looking in her direction,

"I wonder what would cause a sweet, young lady to take such a....profession."

Chuckling to himself, he took another gulp from the mug, wondering if she had heard him among all the commotion.

Coriander Coriander
ghxstfreak ghxstfreak
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Quinn Albloom

Quinn raised an eyebrow, ears perking a bit. Profession? Did he mean as in a pirate or something alike? Or did he mean that she seemed like a 'special worker' Cause one of those options were fighting words while the other was general curiosity, and that usually made quite the difference in reaction. But overreacting on a misunderstanding would be embarrassing, the boat incident flashing in her mind. And getting into a fight now would most likely cause damage that she could not pay off. There was a reason why her wallet was so empty in the first place.

"And what might you mean by that?" Quinn rested her chin on her hand, the question coming out soft but loud enough to let it get over the background noise. She brought her mug up to her face, taking a sip before remembering the lack of liquid inside of it. She put it back down acting as if nothing happened, smiling a bit at the stranger to try and cover it up.

Samuel "Everblind" Wink
To be honest, Samuel was surprised to have gotten a response. Setting his mug down back onto the table, gently this time, he turned in his chair to face the woman. The hood of his cloak didn't hide his face completely, and he wasn't sure if she was able to notice his blindfold, but it didn't worry him too much. Despite being a Shichibukai for a little over a year now, the World Government opted to keep his identity well hidden and employed him in tasks normally involving deceit, espionage, and sabotage. What were the chances that a lone person would recognize him in a bar on a small island in the West Blue?

Resting an elbow against the counter, he said, "Ah, right. I keep forgetting this is the West Blue and not...some place else." He stopped himself before mentioning the Grand Line. While he had spent the majority of his his past couple years in that forsaken sea, he was still unsure on how someone in the West Blue would react to his experience there. Besides, he knew little of this lady and, if he gave too much information, he might have to leave the bar abruptly.

"What I was trying to ask is are you a pirate?"

Coriander Coriander
ghxstfreak ghxstfreak
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Quinn Albloom

"Well I wouldn't call myself a pirate." Quinn thought for a moment. She didn't really know what she was. She had been travelling all this time without really having a goal other than to keep moving. She did have a small bounty on her head, but it wasn't really something to even notice. It wasn't even in the thousands and it really made her wonder why they even put it on her. But she supposed that little town did have a fairly short temper.

"Id consider myself more of a tourist than anything. Though I do enjoy the occasional fight, I wouldn't go as far as to call myself a pirate." Quinn traced the grain of the wood with her fingers, feeling the weathered history that sat in the cracks. "How about you? Would you just so happen to be a pirate? I have to say, iv'e never seen a person like you around." Quinn's attention perked when noticing his gaze. It was there, but his eyes were not on her, making her dip her head ever so slightly to take a better look. She knew snooping in other peoples business wasn't all that polite, but hey curiosity hasn't killed her yet.

Xander Vulpine
Current form: Full kitsune
Xander sighed as he waitif he was still human he'd be able to get into the tavern no problem. He didn't bother following any of the tavern's patrons in since he'd probably get kicked out anyway. It was embarrassing the way he was begging for food like someone's loyal pet but he didn't care, it was better than waiting to be fed dog food back at the hotel. Eventually Xander gave up on waiting though and just followed someone in. Not wanting to bother any of the patrons he went straight to the bar and let out a soft yip to get the barkeep's attention. It wasn't that he couldn't talk normally, he just didn't want to scare anyone. The barkeep sighed when he noticed Xander but instead of chasing him out the barkeep just smiled and sat a warm bowl of stew on the floor next to the bar where Xander would be out of the way. Xander let out a happy yip and went over to start lapping at the stew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back