• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Old World Of Darkness/Magical Children

Everyone's reactions were enough. Midori wasn't the only one who had that dream.... And what's worse, the things they had found, silvery hairs, the scent of soil and a dent in the blackboard....

Whatever happened in here could not have been just a simple "fight." And this alone put her more on edge than any of the others, ESPECIALLY Koi, who both unnerved her, and interested her. Staring at the closet, then darting her eyes about the room to everyone, she just stood there, letting everyone decide the next course of action....
Though, for their sake, and hers, she hopes that it will answer all of these questions....

Last edited:
Aomine had been so caught up in examining the blackboard he nearly missed all that was going on around him. White hair had introduced herself as Diana. It was a pretty name, albeit a foreign one. He returned her smile with a cutious one of his own. Often people that smile are some of the meanest. Aomine had learned that the hard way but this girl seemed to be much more genuine. Then the other male, not leader boy, introduced himself as Andrew. Well, weren't they all getting buddy buddy? It wasn't really Aomine's scene so he decided to keep the name to himself. Vincent already knew his name anyway.

The male was about to respond to Diana and answer her question when everyone started blurting out lines from the dream he had. Or they had? Had they all fallen asleep watching the same thing on TV? No, that wasn't possible, there wasn't even a TV in his room. It was impossible though, how could they all have the same dream? Judging by the looks on everyone's faces they all had come to the same conclusion. Koi, as she introduced herself, even joined in on the ranom exposition party. He nearly commented on how ridiculous it all seemed but he didn't want to give a reason for these people to dislike him.

"Okay so we all had the same dream, but what does that mean? I don't feel any different." He mumbled the last part and looked down at himself. He didn't get sick often and it was too early in the day to tell if he would be tired or not. "It can't be coincidence." Aomine looked back up at looked at each student individually again. "Six of us all have the same dream, the same night. The very next day we all happen to get called to clean this room after a fight we can all agree isn't natural? The odds of all of that happening by chance is astronomically low. Something is going on here." What that something was Aomine had no earthly idea.

"So let's stop quoting random lines from the dream one at a time and make sure we all had the same dream." Aomine was talking a lot. He never talked this much but the shock of hearing that everyone had the same dream as him was egging him on. "I mean, sorry. That sounded mean." He scratched the back of his head and mumbled 'Don't make them hate you' under his breath before continuing. "I was promised power. That I would never get tired or sick again. Big, godly looking guy. Something about the world being wounded. Is that what you guys all had?" They were all crazy. That was the only solution. They were all going to be locked up in an insane asylum for even talking like this.

Ishida Kamatori rubbed the bridge of his nose, trying in vain to placate the dull throbbing pain that radiated from both his sinus' and his eyes. He was thin and his uniform did little to hide that face, his angular face and sharp eyes giving the appearance of a malnourished delinquent. He was often mislabeled as such, much to his dismay. He just wanted to be a normal high school student, to get through his day and go home. Yet, he often found himself the target of other, tougher, students that thought that he was giving them a bad look. And girls were in the same boat, thinking he was glaring at them no matter what he did. And his smile only made him appear as a murderer. Or at least that what other people thought. He couldn't remember ever getting in a fight. Only that people thought he did.

He rounded the corner at the top of the staircase, finally reaching the third floor of the high school as he silently complained about the mess that was still in the art room. The school nurse had been kind enough to pass on the duty to the school staff so someone else could clean it while he recovered from his supposed most recent run in with one of his fellow less well mannered students. No one ever asked why he never gave the names of students who jumped him. maybe they thought he was being honorable, if such a thing still existed in the modern day and age. As he approached the art room, he could hear voices coming from the room. It must have been the cleaning crew the teachers decided. He could hear both male and female voice. They must have been in there for a while, the sun was already well on its way to being below the horizon. There was maybe another half hour of sunlight left.

He needed to get his guest out of the art room soon. If he dismissed them, there would be little issue in his plan. He just needed to get his guest home and everything would be fine. Dad couldn't be upset if he brought the guest home, he told himself. This experiment had been a failure but he still had some good results from it. Plus, the supply closet would start to smell if he didn't clean it up soon. The sage he put in it wouldn't mask the smell much longer. He stopped outside the room, taking in a shaky breath as he calmed his nerves. He wasn't the best at dealing with others but when the situation called for it he was a competent liar at least.

He opened the door and put on his best and most pitiful face, the natural predatory look of his bad genes making him look somewhat unnatural, almost uncanny.

“Oh my God! I can't believe they made six of you stay to clean this up!” He entered in a panicked frenzy, throwing his bag off his shoulder quickly and looking around at the gathered students. They were more pitiful then he was suspecting. Had the teacher purposefully chosen some of the most pathetic looking students to do this? “I'm Ishida, the President of the Art Club. I'm so sorry you all had to stay and clean up after me getting into a stupid fight but I'm here now. You all can go. I'll finish up here.”

Yet, he still gave a long sideways glance to the supply closet. He couldn't help himself. He was glad that it was still closed. He was glad that it was quiet, at least for the time being. And these students. Something was off about them as well. They had a presence about them that he could feel on his skin. It made his flesh crawl.

ad6f1054a64e6f22be451c1f8f120ba6.jpg
Auda Auda CryWitch CryWitch Lurker Lurker MrSaturnUL MrSaturnUL SilverBlack SilverBlack Ayama Ayama

Aomine had been talking about the shared dream and it only solidified the surreal nature of it all. Diana had to pinch her arm hard in order to confirm that she wasn't still dreaming. The stinging pain radiating from her arm confirmed her fears; this was actually happening.

She was about to pipe up when another student bursts through the classroom door. Diana practically jumps out of her own skin upon his boisterous arrival, however listening to this unfamiliar student banter on about cleaning up from his altercation and sending them all off, it just didn't sit right with her. As a matter of fact, everything about this boy set off her instincts more than usual. 'He knows what's in the closet.' Diana thought, his tell was glaringly obvious as he glances at the supply closet.

The fair-skinned girl straightens herself out and folds her arms across her chest once again. "I'm sorry to hear about your altercation, Ishida. However, I would feel just awful leaving you alone with such a mess to clean still. It would be more efficient to clean together, don't you think?" Diana puts on her most sickly sweet smile to punctuate her stubbornness. She wasn't just going to leave without answers.

My head was still processing the information when the sound of the door opening snapped me out of my daze. Did Mr. Konoshima forget something? I look up from my position to see another student walking in the room with a shout. Oh right, Mr. Konoshima did say that the president of the art club will be coming soon to help with the cleaning. I think his name was-

“I’m Ishida, the President of the Art Club- “ That answered my question. But isn’t he overreacting just a little bit? Did he really have to throw his bag on the floor? Weird. “-I'm so sorry you all had to stay and clean up after me getting into a stupid fight but I'm here now. You all can go. I'll finish up here.” So, a fight did happen, and he’s one of the people involved. I examine his person, looking for bruises or scrapes. It shouldn’t be possible to come out of a fight like that with minor injuries or unscathed, especially with his thin figure. Now that I think of it, everything about this person rubs me the wrong way.

I see his eyes look at the closet and red flags suddenly appeared all around. Though that did clear up some questions in my mind. First, he is definitely suspicious. With his reactions and how he is insistent on making us leave the room. Second, there is something strange inside that closet and he knows something about it. Hell, he may even be the one who placed whatever is inside. Third, we stumbled into something strange and I don’t know if we should let it go and move on with our lives or find out what’s happening.

The girl, Diana, spoke up first. Insisting on helping the President clean the room with a smile. Good, it looks like she’s also suspicious of him. Though, I guess we’re not turning back. I give a small smile and took a step forward as I look around the room, exaggerating my movements. “S-she’s right. There are still a lot of things to clean up.” My voice started off strong, but it faded into a whisper as I finish my sentence. Looks like I still need some practice, but back to the problem in hand. “You know what they say, seven hands are better than one.” I wonder how he’ll react.

Last edited:
Auda Auda
(Despite his story, there seems to be little to corroborate it physically, aside from the broken equipment in the room. His face is fine, no blemishes or injuries, though the light reflects off it with a peculiar shine. Make up, possibly? His posture is tense but it gives no other obvious clues to injury or illness. All in all, he seems to be in good health, if not somewhat scrawny.)

If there was ever a time Midori would kick herself for overthinking, it would have been now. Mentally facepalming, she would go about coming out of her shell for this conversation as she felt that the people that she was with seemed like some good friends to have. When Ishida came in and started about HIM taking care of the room, she felt a chill go down her entire being. She was almost willing to speak up about this, even seeing him glance at that closet, until both Diana and Andrew had beat her to the punch and both had insisted on staying to help him. Giving a quiet sigh, she continued on dealing with the walls hoping not to have be a part of the conversation, but to also signal to the rest that she was staying as well.
"It seems that I will be home late." she thought, smiling at the fact that she would not see any of her siblings after school. But at the same time, if this guy was capable of having a fight of this caliber, who knows if this was truly the safer option....

Huo, Vincent___________________________________________________________________

All six of them, sharing the same dream. Whether it’s the way the air loomed with a sense of disturbing mystery by the way the group went about this matter, or the fact that this is just something too out of the ordinary, Vincent found it hard to think about this whole thing seriously. His life has always been the same--in need of money, extremely busy, purely struggling. Yet this type of life has become, indeed, his definition of “life.” The life of an ordinary human boy living with a bit more difficulties than some people, and probably a lot others have it worse than him.

Ordinary. Yes, ordinary.

Not a sudden realization at the possibility that life is perhaps not that ordinary, and that he’s been tangled into some complicated, unnatural mess that he might not even be able to get out of.

And certainly, not the way the girl, Koi, had muttered in that dead, flat tone, that they’ve been, well, “chosen.”

He’s not meant to be one of those main characters in those supernatural stories who suddenly wakes up one day with powers and to serve the world. That’s too unreal, if not ridiculous.

Though he’d felt the goosebumps creeping up his skin, he forced himself to calm down. He’s too busy for this, and despite the tingling sense of fear bubbling inside, he brushed them away. It’s not like he’s refusing to admit this reality. Yes, it’s certainly not possible that they all went to sleep watching the same TV show, considering he didn’t even have a TV in his home in the first place. Takahashi confirmed it straight up, cleared away any possibilities that that might not be the case. Everyone’s facial expressions served as responses confirming his words. Same dream. Same mysterious man. Same strange words spoken to all six of them. But just like what Takahashi also said, so what? Indeed, he didn’t feel any different as well.

The art room is still a big mystery on its own.

At that moment, just as everyone was briefly freaking out, the door opened and a male stepped in. A bit scrawny in figure and somewhat malnourished, something about him felt just a little off. He introduced himself as Ishida Kamatori, the President of the Art Club. Vincent frowned, he had thought the president would be someone who looked a little more charming. Yet the male gave off almost an uncomfortably predatory look.

So it was him that got into a fight? To cause a mess as big as this? However, the fact that his fine appearance could not add up with his story just made it seem rather unnatural, though at the most part it’s none of Vincent’s business.

It would be false to deny that he felt a sense of relief that the President is here nonetheless. The sun was ready to set below the horizon. Usually, he would be at his workplace by now. Kamatori had insisted that they all could leave. As if chiming in, his phone rang that instant. Seeing that it’s from his boss, Vincent hurried to pick it up.

“---Yes---I’m sorry, a sudden school duty’s taking a bit of time------No, I will still be there, I can stay late-----I will be there as soon as possible…”

Quietly handling the phone call from aside before hanging up, a soft sigh escaped his lips as Diana and Ward insisted that they could stay to help. Probably, they all probably figured that something looked off about this president and felt that there’s too much suspicion in the air for them to purely leave like that.

“I have work to go to,” he said rather flatly, though it may seem rather un-cooperative with the rest who volunteered to stay and help. As much as he's usually willing to help those around him, his life comes first, after all. He'd voluntarily taken up a position as leader just so everything could be done faster, so he could still have time to go to work. Besides, there’s this strange feeling of prediction that staying here would be a bad choice if he really wants his life to stay ordinary.

However, he also couldn’t brush aside the sense of irresponsibility if he leaves like that, leaving the art room’s cleaning duty half complete and leaving everyone when they’re all still suspicious, and perhaps, even anxious (except for maybe Koi.) Vincent blinked. At least, something needs to be done about this.

Glancing back briefly at the art room, he looked at what’s already been done. “There’s not much left to clean, the floor’s mopped and most of the broken equipment and trash had been picked up. Mostly just brooming and moving things back to where they were. And…”

There was a pause, his gaze shifted to the closet, where the president had glanced quickly at before.

“There’s a bunch of silver hair around. Also, it might be better if we unlock the closet and check what’s inside. Just as a precaution, someone might be trapped in there.” Based on all the weird evidence left around there, that is. It would probably just be their imagination, but checking it in case is always better than nothing, especially when such a big fight apparently happened but there’s no signs of people who looked like they’d just been in a fight, only strange clues that explained nothing.

“You have the keys, right?”

He asked naturally, the emotionless expression he wears as usual represented his ideal that life is ordinary, that this guy is also ordinary. That everything strange happened so far is nothing but just six people sharing the same dream.

----

Mentions: @ everyone (briefly summarized together)
Interacted: CatJones CatJones

Last edited:
"Jump and soar . . . .

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"Koi"
(Fukuda Aiko)

With: The others + Ishida
[/div]
Andrew whispered another quote from the dream, the silence that followed becoming even more tense. Diana, clearly disturbed by all this, had backed up against the blackboard and was biting her nails.

The boy who hadn't bothered to introduce himself in response to Diana's inquiry then proceeded to ask pointed questions about the dream, to make sure that they indeed had all had the same one.

At that point, the art club president fairly burst into the room, introducing himself and telling them all to leave. It seemed he felt guilty and responsable for the state of the room.

Diana refused to do so, saying leaving him to clean up all by himself would make her feel bad. Andrew seconded the thought. Midori seemed like she was going to jump in, but then merely went back to cleaning the windows.

At that point, Vincent received a phone call from someone, answering in strained tones- it seemed he was expected elsewhere. He declared that he needed to be at this job, but was equally reluctant to simply leave.

He then said that they needed to unlock the supply closet, saying someone might be trapped in there. Aiko blinked. Trapped? Why would someone be trapped in the closet? He asked Ishida if he had the keys.

Aiko returned to scrubbing the window, not overly concerned about the closet. It was getting late, and she needed to get home to feed Akarui.
. . . . slither and crawl."
[/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hover tags & hidden scroll

Things just kept getting more and more weird. First the dream, then this whole situation, now there was some random guy telling them all to leave. He had apparently been in a fight but you wouldn't have been able to tell by looking at him. Aomine looked down at his own ripped shirt from the fight earlier. They had only been going at it for a few seconds and he looked this disheveled. This guy, whoever he was, looked completely fine and this room was a complete wreck. No way was that possible.

Aomine had fully expected everyone else to ditch and leave him alone with this guy. It seemed they were just as curious as he was. In Aomine's case he just also happened to not want to go home. Leader boy's phone started ringing and they all seemed to just be patiently waiting. What they were waiting for really remained to be seen. This new guy to explain everything that had happened? For them to become best friends? It was all so weird and he wanted to avoid it. After he was done here he'd go home and face mom's wrath. Probably sleeping outside tonight.

Huo spoke once he was off the phone. Open the closet? Was something supposed to be in there? Now that he mentioned it the new guy HAD looked in that direction. Why someone would be trapped in there though, Aomine had no idea. Was that a common place for people to be trapped in this guys experiences? Who sees a locked door and just decides someone might be locked in there? What a strange thing to have said.

Either way there was no harm in waiting to see how this turned out. Aomine subtly moved across the room, putting himself between the new guy and the doorway just in case he tried to dash. He wasn't going to hurt the guy but it wouldn't hurt them to get a few answers.

Ishida felt his smile crack a little, the corners of his thin lips dipping for a moment before stretching themselves back into a tight smile. These idiots seemed to have think they had pieced something together. Well, who was he to stop them? It would be rude as a the president of the art club to not show off his work. He turned towards the most vocal member of the group, who had mentioned some of the more messy parts of his clean-up. The silver hairs that were spattered here and there on the walls.

His mind raced for a moment as he tried to figure out how they could have possibly seen the hairs. Could his own Disquiet should have made it impossible for any normal human to see them. If they were like him, then they must have been trying to edge in on his territory. Though, he didn't know of any cults in Japan that worked together to do the same things he did. Let alone a group of children who would be doing it. Ishida took a few steps towards the closet, patiently eyeing as the sun was moments away from dipping behind the skyline.

“I really don't get why you all would be so worried about me and my classroom. As for those hairs, they're obviously from a paintbrush, the hairs on my brush are silver colored, its an aesthetic thing.” He stopped in front of the closet, slowly turning to face it. “But if you insist.”

He unlocked it quickly, pulling the key from a necklace rather then a pocket, almost as if the key had some importance to him. As it clicked and he pulled the door back, he stepped out of the way, letting anyone who wanted to look in do so. He had no reason to believe that they would see what came out of it.

From the closet came a quiet shuddering breath, as if someone was struggling to breath. The creature within was a human once, if it's structure was anything to go by. It was huddled in a ball, long arms wrapped around its equally long legs. At first it appeared as if someone had taken a man and pulled them out as far as they would go, but it becomes obvious the longer you stare at it what it is.

The seams gave it away. Where a leg should end, the thickening of the thigh, a seam of iron wire connects the next leg, and to the next, until you realize that each leg is three legs connected. Its arms are similar, long fingers made up of multiple fingers forced together, then bound. The lumpy nature of the arms as forearm and upper arm connect, skin pulled taunt and having been actively pulled loose, the muscle and tendons underneath bulging out from the strain. Its torso is the worst section.

The ribs stick out against the skin, three sets of them, one on top of the next, creating a plate like torso. As the thing turns to look outside of the closet, the ribs creak as they resist they unnatural formation. The face is almost normal, lopsided a little, but otherwise almost a completely normal human head. It appears to be a man in his early forties, slightly over weight.

Ishida stands to the side, still smiling that tight lipped smile. He is certain that you can't see what is inside the closet. The thing in the closet can see you. Through no power of your own, you feel the cold calculation of the creature. It is a predator, it is hostile. You don't know how you know this but your gut is telling you that you are in danger.

~~~~MEANWHILE~~~~

At the front of the school, a large armored police van pulls up to the gate. As the sun dips down below the skyline, the back doors open. With no one around to witness them, six officers hop out of the back, each one fully loaded for bear. Armored vests, helmets, leg armor, assault rifles. The whole nine yards. Their uniforms even claim that they're police. They begin to fan out towards the schools front door, rifles raised.

The last person to step out of the back of the van is a woman in a casual suit. She strikes an obvious figure with her bright red hair, obviously dyed to an unnatural color. She walks up to the front of the van, knocking a gloved hand on the armored window.

“Rin, lets go. I pay you to do this shit, so get your ass out here.” She calls out, stepping back enough to not get hit by the door if it opens. The drivers door swings open after a long pause, its operator looking far from excited to be there.

“Well, c'mon. Let's go. We got a freak to hunt.” The woman in the business suit continues.

“Says the vampire.” Rin quips back, before hopping out of the van to join the other woman on the ground. They both roll their eyes, though Rin does it out of mockery for the other.

They begin to follow behind the more heavily armed officers who are already at the door of the school when the other two come through the front gate.

(Sorry, no picture for the first monster. Couldn't find one that fit the description well enough. Sorry!)

Rin:
6a50b7e51c0fab1ab91a7e2f0bbb7ba4_2.jpg

The other woman:
5e2f9b53474e3a51919feeb5fabc532f.jpg

The officers:
qnLFqz8.jpg

SilverBlack SilverBlack Lurker Lurker CryWitch CryWitch MrSaturnUL MrSaturnUL Ayama Ayama Auda Auda

When the human psyche is put through any traumatic event, the fight or flight response tends to activate as a primal means of protection and preservation. Diana was certain this was one of those times as her entire body freezes than quakes to the monstrous sight within the supply closet. Every fiber in her being begins screaming in unison as she fights off the urge to throw up her partially digested lunch. How foolish they were for pushing this scenario, for not taking this creepy student's offer of just leaving.

Diana finally takes a step back after the supply closet is opened. Pale as a sheet of paper and trembling; eyes never leaving the twisted creature in the closet in her shocked state. The beginnings of Grieg's Airetta start to play in her head. The irony of how she can visualize the notes and key strokes in the face of absolute horror and possible death fill her with unimaginable dread.

"Not the right move, so NOT the right move...." Midori was afraid to even see into that cabinet, but the noises just had to have made her look....

That.... THING.... That monster in that closet, and that was what was one of the things that made her so worried. Some kind of an amalgamation, a monstrosity was easily accessible inside of an art CLOSET. An art closet. She almost thought her cracked glasses was distorting something in there, but she knew that it was real. She couldn't help but riddle her mind with the many issues that could have caused. Upon trembling, she moved toward the window to try to escape it's grisly gaze, as she just KNEW that it was tracking her and the others....
Then she noticed the scene outside.
Police cars, and a group of people down there?
"Did they know....?" She thought with worry. With the situation that she was in, for the first time, she wished she could have went home....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back