• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Old World Of Darkness/Magical Children

CatJones

Amateur Weeb
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
You, like most people in the world, don't remember falling asleep. Another day of your less then perfect life, another day of the monotonous motions that you have to go through, partly for yourself, partly for those around you who seemed to care for you, for your well being. That number seems like it should be higher. None the less, you fell asleep just as you did every other night of your life. Awake one moment, asleep the next. Nestled in your bed, your futon, what have you, comfortable in the idea that at least sleep was a pleasant escape from the trials of living.

But that night, something had felt off. The air was heavier. It felt like someone else was there, listening and waiting. Yet, the presence in the air didn't seem to bother you. It felt vividly like you were at some level of calm from a bygone time in your life. So you ignored it and went to bed.

Your dreams, however calm or anxious they had been in the past, felt nothing like this one. This dream was dark and miserable, a pressure that felt like it was on the verge of breaking bones and bruising organs. Like you had awoken in the depths of the ocean, all of its pressure bearing down on like you with all of the guilt of the world following behind it. Yet, still, you felt strangely calm. Perhaps it was the one thing in the dark that let you imagine that everything was okay. In any other circumstance, it would have probably been an omen towards the end of your life instead of this seeming rebirth.

A light. Distant and hazy, but at the same time bright and warm. The light looked like it could have been a star in the night sky. It felt like it was sitting on your chest, burning comfortably into you. Ah! It was getting closer. The light grew and grew and grew until it was all you could see. It didn't blind you, try as it might, it simply was the new existence of this dream world. Light banishing dark. The pressure lifted with the vanishing of that dark abyss, replaced with feeling weightless. Floating among clouds.

This sensation of being free of the world and all of its troubles was when you noticed him. Him, if that word was the correct moniker for the suited thing that gently and suddenly fluttered into your peripheral vision. He stood calmly as you brought your attention to him. Without thinking or trying, you shifted to focus on him, your body turning to face him.

Tall, if such a small word could describe someone so vastly larger then life. He stood head and shoulders and torso above you. His suit was well fitted to his thin build. Try as you might, you could not see past the light of his face, shining brightly like a floodlight on a moonless night. His presence was both commanding and quiet at the same time; like he was just the envelop of the letter from a lover you would prefer forgotten as you refuse to open and read it.

He spoke first, his voice booming and powerful. Yet in the narrowness of your mind it sounded like a whisper. His voice itself like honeyed whiskey, sweet and enticing, convincing you to swallow his words all the easier.

“Hello, little mortal.” He began, almost as if he was as nervous as you were. He hung on every syllable, almost as if he wasn't sure if he was using the right vernacular.

“It has been a long few eons since I last spoke to one of your kind in this fashion. We have been watching you for quite some time now. You are one of many of your kind, singled out for the hardships you have faced in this life. It hasn't been fair, has it?”

He moved without moving, a few feet to the side, almost as if he was simply moving for the sake of it. “Your kind was made for something far greater then this. This petty violence and shameful evil that your species has fallen into. Disgraceful really. All this suffering in the world, most of it meaningless. Your suffering is proof that you are ready for the next step, however. So very few of your kind make this crucial journey, let alone to the foot of it. To stand on the precipice of greatness is a kindness unto itself. It seems cruel though, doesn't it? To let you suffer up to this point just to step in and fix it with the flick of a wrist.”

Again he moved, a few feet to the other side, gone in blink. Back in the next.

“I'm giving you a gift from a power you'll never understand, perhaps one you don't even believe in. For so long your life has been in the hands of those around you, those who don't seem to have the best intentions for you or your future. I wish I could pretend that I am giving you the illusion of choice but alas, such a thing isn't available this time around. You've been chosen and will accept this power."

“You will never tire again, this will be the last night where you sleep ever again. Illness will ignore you, you will be the perfect symbol of health. The powers you will gain will place you above your fellow man into the realms of both the divine and sinful. You will never want for anything again. Instead, you will understand the want of this world. This world is wounded. A deep seeping wound that refuses to heal as humanity and other things irritate the wound so that it won't heal. They thrive on the misery of this planet. If they had any idea what it was they were playing with they might at least attempt to act with a little more grace and gratitude.”

A strange sound echoed in the distance, the steady hum of an alarm clock. The tall mans shoulder slumped, ending the otherwise perfect posture he had up to that point. "Ah, but even I hold only so much sway over time itself. I doubt we shall ever cross paths again. I'm certain that the change you've been hoping for will come soon. Until then, little mortal. Awe, morituri te salutant."

And from this strange dream, you woke up. Awoke to your mundane life.

Lurker Lurker Ayama Ayama MrSaturnUL MrSaturnUL Auda Auda CryWitch CryWitch SilverBlack SilverBlack
As we discussed, you're opening post will be just a regular day for your characters. You can comment on the dream, but you thus far do not feel any different. You get to decide what your home looks like, who you talk to in the morning, how early or late you get to class. Write what you need to and have it finish at the end of you last class. You're all getting put on cleaning duty and will start to converse during that time, when you will start the story proper.
As for the school layout, its pretty normal. Main building in the front with a large courtyard in the back, plus an auditorium and an indoor pool. That wont be the focus now so don't focus to much on describing the school. The important part is that your classes are right next to each other and on the third floor. I'll describe the important stuff after all of your into's. Message me or post in OOC if you have any questions.

Last edited:
And as for how you get to school and where you're house is located by comparison, that's up to you. Be far away enough you have to ride the train for an hour. Be within 20 minute wall ng distance. All up to you.

What a weird dream. The weirdest dream he'd ever had. Even more strange was the fact that Aomine realized it was a dream. What else could it have been? He'd never been capable of lucid dreaming before. A promise of power. Obviously he would take it. How else was he going to protect his mother? Even if she didn't want his help. She probably didn't want his help because she knew he wasn't strong enough. Once he had power and could get out of his place then he could go find his father. That would be his happily ever after. The man, deity, whatever it was, got interrupted by screaming. The screaming sounded familiar but he couldn't recognize it. The screaming kept getting louder.

The teen's eyes slid open. The sun was spilling through a window illuminating the room. His mother was screaming at...What was this guy's name? Jin? That sounded right. Aomine chose to just lay there for the time being and let reality soak back in. That dream had felt so real...The pressure, the voice. "Fuck you, I don't need you!" The scream came from his mother in the other room. It was a lie of course. All three of the people in the apartment knew that. If it was true the guy wouldn't be here right now. Aomine sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "They're not going to stop...Might as well just get up before it gets worse." The teen spoke quietly to no one. Did he have school today? He didn't even remember. This new guy, Jin, was one of the bad ones. Sometimes mom and her boyfriend would get along for a while. It was almost nice. This was not one of those men.

The room was a mess. Not his mess. It wasn't even his room. When mom was home he slept on the couch. She had worked last night so he got the bed. Apparently Jin had decided to come over sometime in the morning and mom wasn't happy about it. There were a thousand reasons why they might be arguing. Aomine walked over to the dresser where he kept his uniform and pulled it out. Even if he didn't have school today it was something clean to wear. "Do I have time to take a shower, you think...?" Again asking the empty room. The screaming coming from the other room was escalating and it was making him nervous. If the neighbors ever heard it they did't say anything. Maybe it was to protect his mom, maybe it was to protect him. If the police knew about all the arguing and fighting he would probably get taken away. Aomine didn't want that, he wanted to stay with his mother.

"Nah.." The screaming answered his question. He didn't want to be here when they started fighting. He stepped into the bathroom and caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. Would school ask questions if he walked in with a black eye? Aomine reached up and touched the tender flesh. The memory of getting the bruise flooded back into him. Jin had been putting his hands on mom for the first time. It was like a rite of passage for her boyfriends. Happened nearly every time. And every time Aomine would try and stop it. Everytime he would fail and get beaten up by the drunk asshole. Or his mother. It was exhausting. He barely even cared anymore. As absurd as it sounded the teen was just going through the motions of what he thought a good son should be doing.

Aomine owned no phone and there was no alarm clock in the bedroom so he hadno idea what time it was. For all he knew school could be halfway over. School was an escape more than anything. A place where he wouldn't have to listen to his mom yelling or worse, moaning. The thought sent a shiver up his spine and brought him back to reality. The human punching bag leaned over the faucet and splashed some water onto his face. He brushed his teeth and changed into the school uniform quickly. The faster he got out of the apartment the less likely he was to get any crap from Jin or mom. The last thing he did was run a comb through his hair. He paused at the bedroom door with his hand on the doorknob. "Just let me get through please..." A quiet prayer. He knew what was waiting for him on the other side of the door. His prayer was answered quickly. A glass shattering against the wall that made him jump.

Nothing is ever easy. Aomine sighed and opened the door. Jin and his mother both glanced at him but didn't stop arguing. "Well..." He began talking to himself but bit his tongue. Mom didn't like it when he talked to himself. The last time she saw him doing it she taped his mouth shut and made him stay like that for a day. Maybe they would jsut keep arguing and he could pass. There was no backpack or anything to grab. If he needed anything the teacher would probably provide it. They were still screaming. Getting in each other's faces. It was sending Aomine's nerves into overdrive. He already knew what would happen if he tried to intervene though. There was no point. To his surprise he made it to the door and had even opened it. Then a voice called out to him.

"Aomine!" It was his mother's voice. The son tensed up and turned his head to look at his mother. She had a red handprint on her right cheek that looked fresh. Probably happened before he had woken up. "Yes?" His voice was incredibly quiet. He didn't want to get involved. Please not today mom. "Will you tell this asshole that we don't need him?" Jin scoffed and crossed his arms across his chest. He stared at the younger male. "Go ahead, boy. Be a liar like your whore of a mother." Aomine bit the inside of his cheek. Hard. Hard enough to draw blood. "We don't...Can I just go to school mom?" His mother stared down at the boy and he thought for sure she was going to make him say it. Then Jin would hit his mother and him.

"Fine. Whatever." Maybe she saw the panic in his eyes. Maybe she realized herself it was a lie. Whatever the reason was Aomine didn't care. He didn't speak, he just nodded his head and ran out the door. They didn't even wait for the door to be closed behind him to start screaming again. The teen ran until he couldn't hear the screaming anymore. "See, I told you she cared about me. She could have made me say it but she didn't." He talked quietly, under his breath so no one outside would look at him weirdly. The streets were bustling with activity but the lack of screaming was helping to calm his nerves. He would have to get some more weed from Yui. Hopefully she was at school today.

The apartment was around a thirty minute walk from the school. Mom never offered to drive him or pay for a train ticket so he had to walk. Aomine enjoyed it though. Getting to see adults that looked happy, adults with their kids smiling. It was what life would look like when he found his father. It had to be. Him and his father, exploring the stars together. There was abook on astronomy back home that he had hidden in the couch. If mom or one of her boyfriends found it they would tear it up just to be mean to him. The teen loved learning more about the stars and it made him feel closer to the father he'd never met.

Once at the schoolgates it was apparent Aomine was late. How late didn't really matter. If he was late now he'd still be late whenever he decided to go in. Normally there were other kids flooding into the school but there was no one outside. That meant he could jsut go hang out at the courtyard for some peace and quiet. He walked behind the building and was surprised to find his friend Yui skipping class. She did itbefore but it was uncommon enough for him not to accept it. "Oh, hey Yui." The girl turned to the source of the voice and her eyes lit up before she saw the bruise and frowned. "What happened?" Her voice was full of worry but firm. "Nothing." Aomine turned his head away and walked over to sit beside her.

"It's not nothing." "Just...Stop. I can't today." The girl's frown only deepened but she nodded her head. It was one of the reasons they got along so well. She never pushed him to explain things he didn't want to. "So what are you doing out here?" Yui shrugged her shoulders and looked around. "It's a nice day. I didn't want to spend it inside." Aomine grinned and looked up at the sky to appreciate it. She was right. Why would you want to spend a day like today cooped up in a classroom? Didn't make any sense. It was a quiet moment that the two were more than happy to share. The air was warm but not uncomfortable and they were both sitting in the shade of a tree in a planter.

The scene was soon shattered when Akechi showed up. Akechi was one of the local bullies and seemed to always be giving Aomine shit for one reaosn or another. Aomine hoped him and his little group of thugs wouldn't notice them. But of course they did. "Oh! Hey Yui! And the freak! You know Yui you could do so much better." Aomine's eye twitched. He bit the inside of his lip and forced himself to look at the ground. "Fuck off Akechi no one is bothering you." Yui spoke. Worry was in her voice. She knew why Akechi was doing this and knew that she was all but hopeless to stop it. "Oh?" Akechi spoke "I dunno your little pet freak looks like he might start bothering me." Yes, just insult me. I don't care about that. But Akechi knew that. Akechi was insulting Yui to piss off Aomine.

"Maybe if you weren't so ugly and boring regular people like me would want to hang out with you Yui." "Stop!" Aomine shouted out before he could stop himself. He was surprised to find that he had stood up and moved to stand in front of Yui. He hadn't thought about it it had just happened. "Or what, freak?" Akechi took a step forward and got in Aomine's face. The freak's hands were shaking from a mix of adrenaline and his nerves being pushed to the edge. "I could just walk away...I don't have to do this..." He had started talking to himself again. It only added fuel to the fire. Akechi laughed loudly and got even closer to Aomine. "You know. Maybe if your mom wasn't such a whore you would know who your father was." Aomine snapped. He screamed and launched himself at Akechi.

The two rolled around on the ground trading blows. Akechi's goons whooped and cheered. Yui was screaming for the two to stop even though she knew no one was listening to her. Akechi managed to hit Aomine in his already bad eye. The previous bruise throbbed with a new pain. The fight only lasted a few seconds before a teacher could be heard screaming. They both froze and looked over to the voice. "Crap!" Akechi's goons ran off in various directions. Yui stayed to back up her friend, thankfully. "Aomine didn't start it! Akechi is just an asshole!" After the teacher got the two seperated it was determined Aomine would be serving detention for the rest of the day. Akechi got into more trouble since Aomine actually had a witness and Akechi's bullying was known throughout the school.

Aomine sat in detention and sighed. No doubt they had called his mother and told her. She was going to be angry when he got home. Maybe he could just stay at the school all night. No one would know. His eye was still throbbing. A cut had opened up and the nurse put a bandaid over it. Yui had said she would talk to him later but it wasn't like they had a way of contacting each other. Mom would never let him use her phone, especially to call a girl. The teen waited for the school day to end and his mind drifted to the dream he'd had that morning. Some power he'd gotten. Getting the crap beat out of him and now he might as well be stuck in prison.

Last edited:
I woke up with a start, mind still dazed, and with my heart beating like I’ve ran a marathon. Taking a deep breath, I tried to process what happened in my dream. It started off normal. Well, as normal as dreams can be. I remember being in the kitchen. The familiar smell of home cooked meals and the persistent humming of the refrigerator filled my senses. As I was washing the dishes, something felt off. Before I knew it, I was suddenly in a different area. The atmosphere was so heavy that every gasp of air felt like my lungs will collapse on itself. My limbs turned into stone and my head threatening to explode. After what it felt like an eternity of suffering, a safe haven arrived in the form of light and a man. The pressure on my body lessened and disappeared altogether. It felt like my sins are being cleansed by God himself and I am being offered another chance to redeem myself. I gasped for air and collapsed on my knees, panting, trying to inhale as much as I can. So in the chance that I return to that wretched place, I’ll be ready. When I finally composed myself, I tried to look at his face but I can only close my eyes and look back down again from the sheer brightness he is manifesting, I am not worthy. Everything that comes after is a blur. I can vaguely remember promises about the crumbling of the world and a steady spread of decay in humanity itself. But I also remember the offering of power and hope.

I tried to remember more about the man but it seems like only his smile remained in my head. I’m not a religious person, not by a long shot. But at that moment, it felt like I was being judged for the sins of humanity and not only myself. I scratched my head in frustration, thinking that it’s probably nothing special as I looked at the time on my phone. ‘5:23 AM’ it read. It’s earlier than expected. I looked outside the window and just like what I expected; the sun is yet to rise. I slid out of bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. Brushing my teeth and taking a hot shower to try to calm my mind and scrub away the remains of the dream until I was raw.

I changed into my school uniform and as I was going to the kitchen, I stopped by my aunt’s room. Pressing my ear against the door, I can hear the sound of the ac accompanied by her snore. It came to no surprise that she’s still asleep since she doesn’t need to leave the house before 8:00am. But on rare times that she is not in bed, I would ask her what she wants for breakfast. Even though she keeps on insisting that I don’t need to cook for her, it’s the least I can do since she offered me a new home after the incident. A chill runs down my spine as I try to repress and hide away the memories, it gets harder and harder each day. To distract myself, I continued to the kitchen and made breakfast for both myself and my aunt, leaving hers in the fridge with a note to reheat the food before consuming it. I grabbed my bag on the dinner table and debated if I should say goodbye to my aunt before heading out.

My relationship with her is shaky to say the least. There are times where she can’t even look at me in the eyes. Maybe she sees the reason why her life went downhill, and regrets housing a murderer. Or maybe the second-hand guilt is eating her from the inside, leaving nothing but an empty husk of what she used to be because of what her brother did. But I understand her sentiments nonetheless. I’m not the only one affected by what happened. Images came rushing in, I clawed my hair and stood still to try and compose myself, tears threatening to burst their way out of my eyes. ‘I hate this.’ I murmured. It felt like everything I say, every memory I think about is only feeding the rot, the parasite, which clings to my back. That one day I’ll eventually give up and surrender my will, my entire person to this abomination. I took a deep breath to compose myself and with words of encouragement, I left the house feeling less and less of a human.

The walk from my house to the school, just like always, is uneventful. Earphones plugged in as I play with my phone, trying to keep my hands busy. I find that distracting myself with these little things offers a little escape from my anxiety and the constant baggage that’s dragging me down. The sun is now up. With its rays of light blanketing my back with familiar warmth as I trail behind some students wearing the same uniform as mine, trying to blend in with the surroundings. When the school finally came into view, I was greeted with more students sharing their hellos and pleasantries. I fastened my pace to try and get away. I never really liked crowds, or being surrounded. When I’m finally inside the school building, I walked up the stairs in a more leisure pace and went to room ‘3-2’. I hear shuffling and whispered voices inside. So, I prepared myself. I practiced my smile, greetings, and a wave before opening the door. Just as I suspected, there are already some students though they didn’t give me any attention, which I am grateful for. Finding my seat on the third row and furthest to the left, I sat down and waited for class to start.

My day proceeded in a lazy pace just like any other day. The teacher would come in, a small greeting will be shared, and the lecture started, rinse and repeat. A few subjects in, I can feel my eyes dropping. Maybe it’s the pleasant weather or the boring lesson but my eye lids grow heavier by the second. ‘I knew I should’ve slept some more’ I thought to myself. Then, I remembered the dream again. ‘A great power huh? That would be nice. Just imagine all the possibilities.’ Giving my hand a little pinch to hopefully wake me up; it wouldn’t be good if I fell asleep after all. I stifle a yawn and tried to preserve till the bell rang. But in the end, my consciousness left me and I succumb to darkness.

The voice had resonated around her, each echo fading into the distant and soon-to-be silent void that held her consciousness for the night. Staying at the spot where she originally beheld that strange figure who had just disappeared, her vision would fade as her view was now a slightly brighter darkness. She would not attempt much in her lucid dreamscape as muffled sounds of a harp would serenade the blank void with mystic notes following one after another, slurs and ties like a simple dew....

"Turn off that music!" Sounded a harsh female voice comparable to a piece of iron.
The outburst alone forced her void to disperse, and an opening of her eyes greeted a creamy green wall with blinds that were slightly ajar by a feline ornament allowing a soft dance of sunlight on her bed.

She would lay under a gray cottony veil decorated with white doves and snowflakes in her little pocket of solitude, next to a slightly bigger room that held two others.

The harp's musical greeting soon ended abruptly, followed by that same voice saying "Thank you!"
This was a typical day for Midori. Sitting up in her cotton cloak, she instinctively moved an uncovered arm to a nearby table, which held her fragile and cracked set of eyes, and placed them at the usual spot resting comfortably on the bridge of her nose. Uncovering her other arm, she glanced at an odd cloth that sat from her shoulder to her wrist, with an iota of a sky colored substance that was outlining the inside.

She let out a weary sigh, both because that sight always bothered her, and because she would have to fix her wound and get ready for school, or to her: The human zoo.
"Mimi, Aki!" Said a voice laced with a sweet song, "Are you both awake?"
"Thanks to that friggin harp of yours, yeah!" Said Aki.
"What she means is yes!" Said the girl who would be known as Mimi.

What would follow was the daily routine, a taller, more girly female named Kagome who'd style her own hair, the slightly shorter tomboy named Akira jamming to a song in her room while rifling through it for her uniform.... A medium sized sweater wearer known as Midori who was packing her flute and sheet music.... Only to leave the flute out in case she wanted to play on the way. All three would soon find themselves walking the 15 minute route to the school, with Kagome placing a thermos into Midori's pack.

Midway into the journey, during that of which her friends started to brag about a band or new advances in fashion, Midori peered at the horizon, with a heavy thought weighing deep in her mind: "What was that dream anyway?" She thought to herself. Remembering all of its promises, like being the perfect image of health, though her arm still needed to be wrapped; to not need to sleep, and yet, she felt relaxed just from basking in the light.... Even if the lucidity calmed her nerves, something about that dream seemed like it had a deeper meaning.... And yet, it still felt like a normal and simple dream.
Her deep thoughts were interrupted by a quick snatch of her backpack pulling her back as a car blurred across the road in front of her, with a yelling siren that chastised, and Akira holding her bag tightly.

"W-what just happened....?" Midori asked nervously, prompting a slow shake of the head and shrug from her friend. After two minutes, the three girls entered the schoolyard, with the usually deep thinking Midori to start going into her figurative turtle shell near the crowd of people.
"So much for an early song...." She thought, when the bell would suddenly ring.

With that piercing sound going off, so began a day of studies, subjects, and some more self-esteem siphoning. As well as Kagome and Akira rushing to their respective classes, leaving Midori alone to make it to the room, and the majority of the day. Not much else,--other than the standard notes, lectures, and classwork--would happen. It seemed like a mild day to her, and for once in 3 months, no one spoke badly about her. She felt a smirk form onto her face as she was sitting in the classroom of her last class, taking out the steely cylinder and opening it to take a swig of some lemonade....

Until a random person from the other side of the class hit her nose with a paper ball, making her jump and lose her grip on the thermos, spilling a pink citrus liquid.

The words, his words repeat over and over like an echo reverberating down a long hallway. "Awe, morituri te salutant...Awe, morituri te salutant...Awe, moritu-...E minor...Beethoven piano sonata No. 27 in E minor...Da-da...stop...Daa-STOP!" Diana bolts awake with a gasp, knuckles white and trembling from gripping her comforter tightly. 'Breathe...BREATHE!' With every ounce of will power, the pale american girl finally exhales and breathes once again. "A-a dream...Just a dream." She murmurs to herself like a prayer.

Easing her way back from panic, Diana looks around her room for the time. Her digital clock on the painted wood side table glows red with a familiar '6:16 AM'. Beside her desk on the opposite wall, her long sleeved uniform patiently hangs at the ready. A dull ache from her scarred hands and entire right side reminds Diana that this is the real world; not a dream. She closes her only working eye and sighs deeply before getting up to start her day.

A warm shower, simple breakfast, and packed school bag later, Diana is heading out to catch her train. A 10 minute walk from her small, second floor, one bedroom apartment. She can't complain as it is a quaint home in a nice residential neighborhood just outside of Tokyo. Mabashi has always been a pleasent commuter town for those working in Tokyo. Not to mention that the rent is much cheaper thanks to the program that hosts her stay in Japan. Above all else, her mother isn't here. With that thought, Diana arrives at the bustling station along with other students and salary workers. Keeping her head bowed slightly to avoid eye contact with the ever present gazes of others, she wishes silently on the train platform that she could disappear.
'8:10AM, right on time.' Diana enters the school gates and swaps out her shoes at her usual locker. A familiar voice calls out to her from the right and she faces her friend with a graceful turn and warm smile, "Good morning, Yuno." A great friend since first arriving at Morimino High School from overseas. They had spent many lunch breaks together for the past year practicing each other's native tongue. The bell rings for homeroom to start and the girls part ways.

"It's too bad we couldn't be in the same class this year again." Yuno pouts a bit dramatically. A little chuckle tugs at the corner of Diana's lips, "It can't be helped, but I'm glad we can have lunch together still." The two girls relax and chat like usual while eating their boxed lunches under one of the many cherry blossom trees on school grounds. A sacred time, so easily broken by outsiders. Giggles and intentional whispers of a group of students nearby break the spell of the moment. "Did you see that foreigner's face?! Ahh, how scary!" Rumors and gazes of others once again. Twice now, she wishes she could just disappear. "I-I should head back to class now. I'll talk to you later, Yuno." Yuno blinks in surprise but nods slowly, "Ah, okay...Text me later, okay?" Packing up her half eaten lunch, Diana leaves her friend behind as she retreats back into the building.

The rest of Diana's day goes by uneventfully in class 3-1 while she daydreams to the drone of the teacher's lesson and the sway of the blossoms outside the window.

Huo, Vincent __________________________________________________________________________

At 5:03AM, his eyes fluttered open. Dull hazel eyes gazed into a dark ceiling in a confused, exhausted daze. He laid there on the thin mattress on the floor, under the tender blanket warmed by his own body heat. The gentle breathing of his sister and mother laying next to him in this small, crowded bedroom could be heard, still soundly asleep on the floor as well. Then, after a moment, Vincent squeezed his eyes shut and opened them again, reaching out a hand to grab his flip phone given to him as a gift from his boss at work. Upon checking the time, he frowned, he had woken up 3 minutes later than usual.

By this time, biological clock had already been set to fit his own agenda, and for so long an alarm clock was no longer necessary to wake him up because he’d naturally open his eyes on time, no matter how cold the season or how sick he was. Today...Then, was peculiar. Perhaps it was because the dream last night was too strange and unfamiliar, especially for someone like him who had not dreamed in the longest time.

Science says that people dream every night, they just don’t think they dreamed because they don’t remember a bit of it when they wake up. This would be a rare case when he did remember, then. The strange calmness he felt in a world so dark and miserable, painful and excruciating. The mysterious figure that showed up, with a face covered in light. The words he said...Vincent vaguely remembered. Some species, some gift of power, and with each blink Vincent found himself already beginning to forget bits and pieces of the dream. It felt like a revisit to some childhood fantasy story with a disturbing and uncomfortable touch on it.

The hell. Oh well.

With each careful step, the lad crawled up from the mattress, shaking away the pleading desire to go back to sleep. He was careful not to wake the other two up. In an apartment that has only one bedroom, the family of three ended up just huddling up together in the same space. Vincent’s eyes softened at the sight of his sister cuddling against her mother unknowingly in her sleep, his gaze rested on it a bit longer before finally leaving the room.

A quick shower, using as little heat as possible, and it kicked the exhaustion away. Then, he cleaned around the house, making sure neither his and his sister’s uniforms need ironing. As he prepared a single breakfast of buttered toast for himself to eat, he opened the notebook that recorded down all savings and money spent so far, jotting down new spendings. His eyes glanced over to the side where the advertisement for new cheap apartments rested. He didn’t know how much longer they could stay in this house. They have already changed dozens of phone numbers just to avoid the calls from the debt collectors, the death threats and the guarantee of some brutal violence in action if they did find them at last. Moving to Tokyo means harder to find but also more resources to find them. Soon, Vincent shuddered slightly at the thought. Soon they’d have to move again.

But that is not important right now. After eating himself, he went back to the kitchen to prepare lunch for his sister, using the leftover dinner from last night with a couple of bonus touches of mini sausages and eggs, packed into a small plastic lunch box. Cooked new rice, prepared a little more food. He had an additional portion of lunch for his mother. Ever since his mother hurt her legs falling down the staircase at work, it was difficult for her to work around the house and in the kitchen now, so Vincent voluntarily took up the role.

They were fortunate that amidst the cold and apathetic glares thrown to them by his mother’s family and those around who knew of their hardships, that his boss was nice enough to always offer them food. Good food, too, that saved them a bunch of money that could’ve gone to grocery shopping.

It was only recently when they learned that his father had not also borrowed money for gambling, but also to pay back the debt from the ramen shop that closed down. No wonder that never seemed to be an issue back then. Now the problem came back ten times worse, and no matter how much they--now him alone--worked, it was never enough. Especially with his younger sister, Hana, who constantly gets sick with a weak immune system. They could not afford to go to a hospital. The bill was frightening.

By the time everything was done, it was already 6:30 in the morning. Vincent yawned, enjoying this peace and silence, the only part of the day for him where quietness surrounds him in a soothing hug of solitary. Each night was busy. School, schoolwork, work. He had taken on multiple part time jobs, and when he returned home it was usually one in the morning. At this rate, he is surviving on only 3 or 4 hours of sleep on average each night, even less when exam time approaches. However, he’s already used to the lifestyle. Used to the gossips too. The pity eyes, the mockeries. The bullies who learned that he lived in poverty. The heavy thumping of heart beat and rising fear with each phone ring and each door knock. All used to it. It’s almost funny.

“...Brother? Good morning…” After a couple more minutes, just as Vincent was getting ready for make breakfast for his sister and mother, he heard the younger, soft voice called from behind accompanied by a yawn. Hana walked up behind him, rubbing her eyes. Turning around to see her sister still half asleep in a beautiful mess of bed hair, the lad frowned. “Morning, Hana. Is mom still asleep?”

Hana nodded, walking over to the shelf to grab a comb to neaten her hair before Vincent stopped her. “Change first, you’re going to mess up your hair while you change anyway. Save the effort to comb it twice.”

The hand that was reaching for the comb paused, and the girl dragged herself back to the bedroom to change. He placed his sister’s breakfast down at the table, mother’s still on the counter, and went to change himself too in the living room just as his sister stepped back out, all settled, eyes fixed on him.

“Ahhh~! Naked brother~!”

“Shut up, you’re waking up mom.”

“Sora? Hana? Are you two leaving soon?”

Throwing a hard stare at Hana who looked back apologetically, Vincent sighed and called back. “Yeah, we’re leaving now. Your breakfast is on the counter, I put your lunch back in the fridge that you could just take out later to heat up. You can sleep more, mom. Or do you need help getting up?”

Shaking her head, Rika peeked out her head from the bedroom door. “No, I can stand up by myself fine now. Sorry for making you do everything, Sora.”

“Just rest,” Vincent ignored the apology, checking his watch to see the handle strike seven. “Hana, let’s go, we’re gonna miss the train. Bye, mom.”

“Bye mom~” The younger girl waved too before closing the door behind them, then looked up at her brother. “Everyone else calls you Vincent, right? Why would you want them to call you that? Vincent is such an ugly name--ouch!” Feeling her forehead getting flicked, Hana pouted before she saw her brother already running ahead. “Ahh, wait!”

“Hurry! We’re gonna miss the train!”

The rest of the daily routine was pretty much the same. They got onto the train, and a couple stops early her sister would step off to go to her middle school, and on would be Tanaka, his loud and only friend. There was barely anything important in their morning conversation with him and Tanaka’s daily rumbling of words, so Vincent usually just regarded it as some background white noise. Just halfway through, Tanaka grunted. “Dude, are you listening? The dream I had with that girl! She is so fucking adorable I want to...”

I could never let this guy get close to my sister.

“....Vincent!”

The lad blinked, looking back at him with his emotionless baby face. “Yes?”

“I’m asking what you dreamed about last night!”

...Dream? Ah, right. That weird, strange dream…

They arrived at the classroom 10 minutes before class, stepping in the same classroom of 3-2. They would be graduating soon enough, and the thought hit Vincent hard. How soon would it be before the teacher handed down the paper asking what their future goals will be? How well could he do on the exams to raise his ranking in class? To get a scholarship? Could he afford to go to college? No way. When’s pay day for work? They’re running out of rice, should he go buy it tonight? It’s not good to always rely on his boss for food.

No, he needs to concentrate in class. The pen against paper pressed a little harder. Time passed on, until the last bell rang.

"Jump and soar . . . .

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"Koi"
(Fukuda Aiko)

With: Midori, Diana
[/div]
Be-beep Be-beep. Be-beep Be-beep. Be-beep Be-beep.

Aiko opened her eyes, reaching over to shut off the alarm as she stared up at the ceiling. She was trying to remember a dream. There had been a man, bathed in light (which was unusual for her dreams). She had felt oppressed and scared and yet somehow free and excited at the same time. This part was confusing- it was more emotion than she usually felt, even in dreams. It was almost as if they were being forced into her.

She frowned as she tried to recall further details. He had been condescending- she remembered that much, grandiosely expounding on the problems of the word and how life had been unfair to her. She wanted to roll her eyes- she didn't really have strong feelings on the matter.

Then he had made some ridiculous announcement- she would no longer get sick, or need sleep. In fact, she wouldn't need anything ever again. As usual, she didn't much care, though him stating that he wasn't giving her a choice was reassuring. She preferred it when things were clear, instead of when people tried to pretend.

As she remembered his parting comment, her lips stretched in a small smile. Ah, so I'm to be a gladiator, she thought. Well, it wasn't as if she minded- it was the same to her either way. And at the very least, it might present her with some interesting things.

While she had been contemplating thusly, her hand had lain idly on the floor by her futon, and now there was something crawling on it. Akarui was a rare imported tiger tarantula from Sri Lanka, striped black and white and grey. It meandered calmly up Aiko's arm and she watched it crawl over her, the smile still on her face- bugs were the one thing she got to appreciate on a daily basis, and she was quite fond of her pet.

Of course, her parents and sister had been against her having a pet tarantula, but they knew that a vetted exotic animal was preferable to Aiko bringing in random bugs she found (even though she still did that as well), so they agreed to it. Aiko lay there for a while, letting Akarui meander as she pleased, until she wandered off to a different corner of the room.

Then it was time to get up. She showered, put on her clothes, gathered her things. She went out to the living room and began preparing breakfast. Her mother greeted her with icy silence, interspersed with perfunctory judgmental remarks. Her father simply sat and ate and read the newspaper- her sister was already gone.

Aiko sat and ate her breakfast in silence as well, cleaned up, grabbed her things, and left. It was a five-minute walk to the train station, and a ten-minute ride to the Morimino station. She exited the train with droves of office workers and uniform-clad students just like her.

She changed into her school slippers, made her way to classroom 3-1, sat down in her usual seat in the upper left-hand corner by the window, and took out her notebook. The day went by as all her days did, and she remained in the classroom after the final bell rang, since it was her turn on cleanup duty. She ignored the other two students on duty with her and headed towards the cleaning closet to grab some gloves.
. . . . slither and crawl."
[/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hover tags & hidden scroll

Last edited:
The school day was over for most students. The homeroom teachers for both class 3-1 and 3-2, Mr. Konoshima and Mrs. Tsusuhara, respectively, were both about to give the afternoon classes their cleaning duties when the they had both received an email at the same time. Mr. Konoshima was the first to respond to it. He stood up from his desk, looking over his students to try and decide which three he would choose for the order from the front office of the school.

“Tokimia, Graves, Fukuda. You're on cleaning duty.” He watched as Aiko was rather quick to start, getting up and going to the closest where they stored some of the classroom cleaning supplies. He spoke louder as the din of other students leaving began to grow louder. “Aiko, leave those there. The front office wants a few students to clean the Art Room. There was an...incident...there. Matsumoto, Toshii and Amana, you three handle it in here.”

He motioned for the three students to follow him down the hall, away from class 3-1 and 3-2. He stepped out and waited at the door when someone else called out for him.

Mrs. Tsusuhara was just as active at delivering the information. She stood from her desk and called out while walking to the sliding door.

“Takahashi, Ward, and Huo, will you come with me please? We need your help cleaning up a mess in another class. Tatsuno, Mori and Shiki, can you three clean up in here instead?” She opened the door and looked to the side to see Mr. Konoshima standing in the doorway of his class room.

“Konoshima, did you get asked to clean the art room too?” She called out, getting an annoyed look from the stone faced man.

“Yeah. I guess there was a fight or something.” He replied, not wanting to divulge to much information in front of the other students.

“Would you mind taking my students with yours? I'll watch your class while you do.”

“Sure.” He replied gruffly.

Mrs. Tsusuhara stepped out of the door, making way for her three students.

“Go with Mr. Konoshima and do as he says, no backtalk you three.” She was a homely woman and her smile was just as warm and cuddly.

You all line in with Mr. Konoshima who leads you down the hall to the Art Room. It's the second to last room on the floor, furthest from the stairs and right by the bathrooms. As Mr. Konoshima opened the door, the smell of fresh paint wafted out. The room was in disarray. It was the size of two classrooms merged together, but the size went by unnoticed. Easels were thrown over, at least a few gallons of paint were spilled out on the tile floor and slowly drying. The blackboard in the front had a deep impact on it, like someone had smashed something hard against it. Paper was shredded and scatted all over the room, thumbtacks in the wall being the only proof the paper had once been art hanging on the walls.

All in all, it looked like a few hours of work, even with the six of them. Mr. Konoshima let out a sharp whistle.

“Well, looks like you three have your work cut out for you. Do it fast and head home. Leave the key in my desk when you finish.” He stepped in just far enough to place a key on one of the only desks that was still right side up. “And Ishida, the Art Club president will come by in a bit to help out, but for now, you six can start. There's buckets, mops and towels over in the closest.” He pointed further into the room. After looking the six students over quickly, he retreats back down the hall and into his classroom.

(You're now free to converse and introduce yourselves to each other. After everyone has posted a time or two, the next plot point will start. Also, NPC's who arent important or won't play any part on the story aren't going to get a massive description about them.)

Lurker Lurker MrSaturnUL MrSaturnUL CryWitch CryWitch Ayama Ayama SilverBlack SilverBlack Auda Auda

Last edited:
Diana had been staring out the classroom window for what seemed like hours before Mr. Konoshima called out her name, forcefully snapping her back to reality.

While listening to instruction, she observes the dark haired girl seated in the desk ahead stand and makeway to the cleaning cabinet. Diana hadn't ever really talked to this girl before, she always seemed unapproachable, robotic even. Perhaps she's just shy? Her gaze returns back to the teacher at his pause. Odd, for some reason it emulates a sort of twisting feeling in her gut. Almost akin to looking down a bottomless pit. Diana represses the feeling just as quickly as it had reared its ugly head. It was only a mess after all; nothing to be afraid of. She stands and meets the other girls and Mr. Konoshima outside the room to head to their destination.

Upon three more unknown students joining the clean up crew, Diana's curiosity was peaking and she looked outwardly puzzled. She glances at the newer students with not as much subtly as she would like as her half sight wouldn't allow for it. Thoughts continued to race the whole way to the art room until her wild guesses were answered with the state of the classroom. Once her aloof homeroom teacher abandons them to their task, Diana sighs lightly.

"I didn't realize Japanese students also took care of messes like this." She mumbles in english before stepping into the room, heading for the cleaning cabinet to collect rags and mops. With a light turn of her heel, she looks over her shoulder to the group, her white hair and clouded eye refracting light in the room to give her a sort of unintended ethereal appearance. "Shall we get started then?"

Last edited:
The persistent ringing of the bell accompanied by Mrs. Tsusuhara’s voice woke me up from my sleep. I looked around the room and I notice that most of my classmates have already left. Well, it looks like I’m stuck in cleaning duty. I stifle another yawn as I follow Mrs. Tsusuhara with my two other classmates outside the room where we bumped into another teacher, three other students are also trailing behind him. After a brief exchange between Mrs. Tsusuhara and Mr. Konoshima, we were promptly led to the art classroom.

I can already smell the overpowering odor of paint and varnish from outside the classroom. My nose scrunched up because of the scent and I prepared myself for the mess that’ll welcome us when we open the door. The room was worse than what I have expected. It looked like a hurricane passed through just from seeing the mess. I doubt that a fight did this much destruction. After one half-hearted encouragement from Mr. Konoshima, he quickly left the room.

“Shall we get started then?” A woman with white hair started, breaking my line of thought. I looked at her face and searched my memory if I’ve encountered her before. ‘She’s probably from the other class.’ I thought to myself when nothing came to mind. With a quick nod in her direction, I carefully moved towards the closet, trying to avoid the puddles of paint on the ground, and reached for a broom. The sooner we start the sooner we finish after all. I put on my earphones and started to clean. Occasionally humming the tune of the music i'm listening to.

Last edited:
As soon as she was called up to the group that was cleaning, she immediately thought that they would help her with the slight mess she accidentally made in the room.... But to find her working with 5 others, 2 of which was from her class, to clean an art room with a design that'd make a monsoon proud....

Of course, her shyness got to her, enough for her to stay in her invisible shell, but was given an iota of relief at the white locked girl by her who asked, "Shall we get started?"

"My goodness, she's like a divine goddess...." She thought in awe at the woman. Snapping out of her thoughts, she gave a thumbs up at the girl, and quickly started to go to a closet, finding some sort of cleaning solution that she'd be able to use for the walls. As for the spots of paintlike mass all over....

"One step at a time, Midori...." She spoke quietly to herself, while starting up on the walls with paint.

Huo, Vincent___________________________________________________________________

Huo. Despite hearing it over and over again, the lad still cringed when he heard it being called. The Chinese last name that used to be so unique and special to him could now only bring upon the blurred memories of his father and the rising resentment he held inside. A sigh escaped his mouth softly when he was called along with two other students for cleaning duty in the Art room. Takahashi and Ward, he associated their names with their faces, knowing who they are in his head, and yet that’s pretty much the only thing he knows about them as someone who barely hangs out with his classmates at all.

It wasn’t the first time students are called from the office to help clean up the messes on other parts of the school. Incidents do happen, after all. However, when Vincent learned that students from other classes are called over to help as well, a bad feeling had already began to bubble up inside of him as to how big of a scale this mess could be. He would be late for work, this much he already predicted, and being late to work means making less money. The male frowned at the thought, still praying that he would not need to make the call informing his lateness later on.

Yet, reality has its cruel way of complimenting him for his precise expectation. The overwhelming mess in the Art room could almost be defined as chaotic, matched with an overwhelming scent. Fallen easels, shredded papers and artworks. Gallons of spilled paint, broken blackboard. All those only defined parts of the disarray the whole room is in. He had not seen a mess like this in the longest time, and he inhaled a sharp breath just thinking about the amount of time it would take to clean it up.

Did a fight really cause this? How big of a scale could this fight be? Why didn’t anyone stop them before they completely wreck the room? Was nobody around? Is this realistically possible?

Despite the number of questions that popped into his head immediately, he brushed them aside. What matters now is that they have to clean it up--the six of them, and maybe seven later if the art president does come.

A girl from the other class was the first to start everyone off, her elegant foreign features and white hair made her appearance particularly eye-catching. With a single line she said, everyone began to move into action. Rags, mops, cleaning solutions. It would definitely take hours.

But he didn’t have time to spend hours on this, this needs to be settled as fast as possible.

“Ah...Wait, Ward.” As he was thinking, his caught sight of the other foreign student in his class taking out a broom. On a floor mostly covered with puddles of sticking, drying paint with dozens of shredded papers and artworks on top, Vincent called out to the other, hoping he would hear him over his earphones. “Let’s leave the broom for last, it’d be hard to brush over these paint when it’s still here.”

He thought for a moment, glancing over at the already piled up garbage can, before muttering a “wait a second” then left the room, returning with a couple of huge, empty garbage bags in his hand.

“Ward, can you help me pick up the visible papers and shredded works on the floor? There’s bits of pieces of broken things all over as well. There’s also art supplies and paint-brushes that we need to pick up. Some easels are broken too, so we need to dump them out.” His tone was a lot more polite when speaking to his classmates, mere acquaintances that he probably wouldn’t speak anymore to except when stuck together with problems like these today.

“And Takahashi, if you don’t mind, can you set the easels back upright and move them to a corner of the room? Along with the chairs. It will make…” Vincent looked over at the foreign girl, not knowing her name. “It will make the girl easier to mop.”

He looked toward the other girl who had started to clean the wall too. In addition to the walls, there’s also windows covered in paint. She would probably need help eventually, so he glanced over at the third girl--at first a bit taken aback, unused to seeing someone who gave off such a dead and cold atmosphere. “Could you help her?” Nonetheless, Vincent still asked.

The only side of the room that they could move the easels, chairs and other furniture to are probably to the side of the blackboard. It’s the only thing they can’t do anything about, as the deep impact had left a huge crack on the board and only the school itself could bring in a new one to fix it.

From a fallen shelf, he adjusted it back to its original position and pulled out a couple of plastic bins and containers. “Let’s put the art supplies here for now. After that we could help with the mopping and cleaning with the walls and windows.”

Then after, they could put the easels and chairs and everything else back into their original position, then broom, then take out the trash, then tidy everything up except for the chalkboard. It’ll still take a couple hours, he’d still probably need to make a phone call to work. However, it should still save some time. Vincent’s expression has pretty much remained the same the whole time--blank, as usual, ready to retreat back to his own personal life as soon as this whole deal is over.

---
Mentions:
Lurker Lurker MrSaturnUL MrSaturnUL CryWitch CryWitch Ayama Ayama SilverBlack SilverBlack Auda Auda

"Jump and soar . . . .

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"Koi"
(Fukuda Aiko)

With: The others
[/div]
When Konoshima-sensei told her to leave the gloves there, Aiko blinked in surprise but dropped them as instructed. He explained about the art classroom and had the three of them follow him out. When they got to the room in question, she could see why they had been pulled away for this task- it was in shambles. Aiko wondered what could have happened to result in its current state. Konoshima-sensei gave them their instructions and departed.

The foreign student from Aiko's class suggested they get started. One of the boys from class 3-2 grabbed a broom, while the other girl from 3-1 started on the walls. Then the foreign student from 3-2 suggested that they leave the broom for last, which Aiko didn't think made sense but did not bother to comment on. He left the room, then returned with some extra garbage bags and asked for help picking things up off the floor.

Broom would've been a faster way to do that, Aiko thought.

He then asked the other boy in his class to move the easels. Aiko wondered if he was class president- he had taken charge and was ordering everyone around like he was used to giving instructions and having them followed. He then turned to her and asked if she would help with the window cleaning. She saw in his eyes the familiar uncertainty that most people had when dealing with her. He then grabbed a container for the art supplies.

Aiko wordlessly grabbed a rag and got started on the window at the back of the room. She got about halfway done before she was distracted. There was a spider in the corner. It had caught a fly in its web and was in the process of wrapping and then consuming it. Aiko stared at it, entranced, arm holding the rag still half-raised, completely absorbed in her observation and oblivious to the rest of the room.
[/div]

"Takahashi!" The voice startled the teen. He had been in detention so long and had zoned out. He lifted his head from the desk and looked to the direction of the voice. It was the teacher over detention and the person that had put him in here in the first place. "They need you in home room before the day ends." Aomine thought to ask why but it wasn't really all that important. Maybe they were keeping him after school after all. Maybe mom was already here and he was going to have a meeting with her and the teachers. That would be bad. Mom didn't like having to come to the school when he caused problems. If that was the case then he would need to mentally prepare himself for a beating later. "Yeah, sure..."

Aomine returned to the class shortly thereafter. If anyone thought it was strange they didn't say anything to him. A couple gazes, that was it. It was pretty common for AOmine to show up whenever he wanted to, really. The teacher soon spoke up and it was clear why he had been called back into the room. Why they had needed him to come back wasn't particularly clear. They could have told him to go straight there from detention. Well, whatever. Adults weren't too smart anyway most of the time.

Once they were in the room Aomine took the time to observe the people he would be working with. They all seemed to be a fairly strange crew. Group projects weren't really his thing either. He shrugged and nearly spoke up to tell all of them that he would stay late and do it all. Less time at home was good for him. Hell, if he took long enough he might even get to sleep at the school and not go home. Mom wouldn't care anyway she would probably be glad. A voice saying his name caught his attention. It was...What was his name? They were in the same class, the teacher had said it. The person knew his name at any rate. The other male seemed to be genuinely trying to help. Aomine briefly wondered what kind of background he came from to just naturally fall into that leadership role. He realized he had just been staring at the other male and forced himself to nod. "Yeah sure."

For the first time Aomine really took the time to observe the room and the people in it. This wasn't some regular fight. Aomine had been in plenty. Someone had either done all of this crap on purpose or there was something else going on here. The thing that kept grabbing his attention was the blackboard. What the hell had done that? Why was no one else worried about it? No one in this school should be strong enough to make a dent like that. The other male in the group, who Aomine realized was also in his class, had gone for the broom first. While there were still gallons of paint on the ground. Well, whatever. Aomine walked over to the easels and began picking them up while he calmly observed the girls. Whether or not they noticed he was staring didn't really occur to him. He was used to people just writing him off as crazy.

The girl that had spoken first once they got in the room was blind in one eye. She seemed like she knew what she was doing with the cleaning though. Her white hair was a striking feature and looked really pretty. The next girl had glasses and seemed to be the most shy. He had heard her talking to herself. When you do it as much as he did you can pick up on when other people do it easily. Whether that was just a one time thing or she did it often remained to be seen. They had that little thing in common at least. Lastly was the girl who he couldn't get a read on at all. To be fair all the kids in the room seemed to be putting on blank faces, himself included, but her blank face was different somehow. She was currently staring at something. Aomine followed her gaze and saw...A spider? In the corner of the room. The male shrugged and left her to her spider watching.

The teen had been on autopilot while watching the others in the room. He'd already gathered up all the easels and placed them upright in a corner of the room out of the way. Leader boy would no doubt have another task for him in a moment but Aomine was still transfixed on the blackboard in the front. It wasn't natural. He had to get a better look at it. He made sure to avoid stepping in any paint or get in anyone's way as he made his way to the front of the room. He stopped in front of the blackboard and narrowed his eyes, trying to figure out what had caused the large dent. There wasn't anything heavy enough in here to do such a thing, surely. "So bizarre...First the dream and now this..." Aomine spoke to himself not so quietly. His nerves were a bit on edge with all the new people around him and stressing about going home.
_____
mentions : everyone, really. also speaking loud enough for anyone not zoned out to hear him.

Diana nods along to the 3-2 class boy's further instruction to wait on the mopping and assisted with picking up the paper scraps off the floor. It dawns on her that she hasn't learned any of their names yet. She waves at the student with headphones in to get his attention.

"My name is Graves, Diana. Though please feel free to call me Diana. Who might all of you be?" She asks loud enough for everyone to hear.

Once acquainted with the other students, Diana glances at the paint stained floor to observe for clues as to what may have happened here. Surely tracks would have been made with the amount of paint on the floor. Did it track out into the hallway?

She notices Aomine inspecting the blackboard and speaks up. "Any idea on who could have caused such a dent? I would suspect it would have taken a considerable amount of force to do, don't you think?" She smiles warmly to punctuate her question. Boys were easier to work with when you turned on the charm.

(Mention: Lurker Lurker , SilverBlack SilverBlack , and everyone who wants to introduce themselves)

Lurker Lurker
(Inspecting the blackboard, the dent it to too ragged and haphazard for it to be obvious what was used to make it. It seems almost as if someone simply punched it hard to damage it. While breathing around it, you can smell freshly dug soil. Long, thick, silver hairs are also embedded into the board, but they nearly blend into the raggedness of the dent themselves. Due to the paint, you can't seem to find anymore of them on the floor.)

CryWitch CryWitch
(You look at the paint, puzzled on how someone would have this big of a mess without tracking into the hallway. And then you spot it, small smudges on the ground. Someone must have retraced their steps and wiped it down, but not enough to remove all of the evidence. Another set of tracks lead into the art supply closet, an additional closet you couldn't see from the hallway. It's locked with a different key but the nature of its swinging doors means it's just a thin metal tab on the inside that would be keeping it closed.)

Last edited:

I was about to start when I hear someone call my name. I look around the room and I see my classmate calling out my name. ‘Wasn’t his surname Huo?’ I thought to myself. I remove one of my earbuds as I listen to what he is saying. l looked at the broom I’m holding and at the pools of paint that surrounds the whole area, with a defeated sigh, I returned the broom to the closet. I thought I could help clean the room without touching the paint since it is hard to remove from clothes, but what he said did make sense.

I make my way towards him, once again trying to avoid the splatters of paint on the floor, and I offer a small smile. “S-sorry about that. I’ll just take this and start working right away!” I tried to sound as enthusiastic as I can. I take a garbage bag from his hand and I surveyed the room, figuring out where is the best place to start. In the end, I’ve decided to start on the front of the room near the blackboard since most of us are already clumped at the back.

As I was picking up shredded papers and unfinished works, I grabbed one with a realistic drawing of a vase with an apple. I admire the drawing for a second, admiring the detail of the shadows and the shading, before putting it inside the garbage bag along with the others. ‘Such a waste.’ I shook my head. I was sorting the paint brushes when I hear my classmate, Aomine was it? Say something about a weird dream. ‘Looks like I’m not the only one who’ve had one’ I thought, thinking that it was just a coincidence.

The white-haired girl, who have just introduced herself as Diana, broke the silence of the room with one question. I debated if I should answer her but, in the end, I’ve decided to tell her my name, thinking that it’ll make working together easier. “Hi, my name’s Andrew, nice to meet you.” I offer her a smile and continued on filling up my garbage bag. She then moved closer to Aomine to inquire about the board and that brings me back to the question that has been lingering in my mind ever since when we walked into the room. What could have possibly made this much mess? Assuming that a fight happened here, it would’ve been a big one considering the damages and it would surely alert multiple people even if it’s at the end of the hallway but it’s weird how even the teachers aren’t sure what happened.

A thought entered my head and I put down the garbage bag near the board. I walked towards the door in somewhat of a hurry, nearly bumping into the others. After saying a quick apology, I continued walking towards the door and moved to the hallways. I examined the distance between the art room and the nearest classroom to see if it’s close enough to hear if there was a fight happening. After doing my little experiment, I make my way back to the art room, occasionally examining the walls and floor for traces of struggle or clues to indicate what caused the mess inside the room. Surely if someone left after a big fight there’ll be a sign of some sorts in the hallway since it’s the only way in besides the window and we’re in the third floor. After some pondering in the hallway, I chuckled and walked inside the room. ‘Maybe I’m just overthinking again.’

Mentions: everyone lol

Auda Auda
(The distance between the Art room and nearest classroom, 3-4, is at first glancr to large to hear a fight. Then again, the amount of metal paint cans laying out on the ground should have been loud enough to be heard from class 3-1. There's no way a fight this big wouldn't have been heard. Examining the walls as well shows scuff marks where something must have been forced against the wall and rubbed against it. The smell of fresh soil emanates from the scuffs. You also notice long silver hairs where ever these scuff marks are. They seem to become more prominent towards the locked supply closest as well.)

While everything was going behind her, she continued washing the walls, to find that one of the people she was with was attempting to take charge and give orders. A quick smirk came up when she found that it was working, and another thing would come up from the male by the board, and the white haired girl who inspired her earlier.
He mentioned a strange dream, and she mentioned their names....
Focusing on the male, she turned to him, hoping to clear up something.
"Could it really be that same dream?" She thought to herself.
Piping up and getting out of the shell, she said, out loud: "My name is Midori. Tokimia as some of you heard...." She paused to give one more thought to pull on this loose thread. After a second, she decided to continue.
"Have.... Any of you heard the sayings, 'You will never tire again?' Or, 'You will be the perfect image of health?'"
She resisted the urge to pull back on her sleeve to check her burn....

Huo, Vincent___________________________________________________________________

From the floor, he picked up yet another piece of artwork torn apart, half of it covered in paint, still dripping. He wasn't really for the leadership role. A leader requires much more than just suggesting everyone what can be done, and not every time would his idea actually be the best. He was in fact silently surprised that everyone pretty much abide to him, thinking someone else may have said something else to make the cleaning process even easier. However, as he watched everyone springing into action, he decided to let it be. Two garbage bags were already filled to the top, thanks to Andrew's help. Inside were pieces of trash and papers and broken pieces of things mixed with the giant paint puddles that could only be picked up by hands. The easels had already been set upright, moved to a corner of the room as Aomine joined in to help. Once all the big pieces of trash have all been picked up and removed from the paint puddle, Vincent was about to call for the foreign girl with white hair to help mop up the puddle now before he noticed the weird smudges on the floor, as if someone had walked out then retraced their steps in wiping it down but did not do it fully enough as evidence were still left.

Then, he noticed, an additional track of small smudges that lead to the art supply closet. Vincent stopped in his track, glancing over at the supply closet that was still closed. Did someone enter the closet, was someone hiding in there? Or was there something in the closet that was still in there, locked inside? Clues as to what may have happened?

One step and another, he was inching closer to the supply closet to take a closer look. He began to smell fresh soil, a weird smell to be in a supply room. He noticed the scuff marks, and weird, long, silver hair that came with it. Vincent frowned, leaning closer to inspect these marks. Something in him told him this wasn't just some regular fight.

He was about to investigate more when other people's conversation caught his attention, particular Aomine's words when he mentioned how bizarre everything is, especially after the dream he had. Dream...? So he wasn't the only one with the strange dream. Memories of that faded little by little with each passing second, but the eeriness of it still left a fresh impression in his head.

The girl, known as Diana, introduced herself, and proceed to ask for their names. The topic then quickly changed to any ideas on how such a dent could be made in the blackboard. Temporarily putting down his suspicion and curiosity, Vincent turned around and approached the blackboard himself. "Vincent," he introduced himself shortly as what would be his name with his usual flat voice, the corner of his eyes spotted the warm smile the girl was wearing, before his attention switched back to the blackboard dent. Immediately, he could smell the fresh soil again, in which he wrinkled his nose against. Then, eyeing the dent closer, with two fingers he picked out a long, silver hair embedded within the dent.

There's the same hair near the supply closet too.

A fight that could lead to such a mess...? It almost seemed as if monsters were fighting in here. To push someone this hard against the blackboard or the closet as to left behind all these marks and hair? Someone must have been seriously wounded. However, there's no visible blood, and more importantly there's no body anywhere. Whoever caused this fight left, and wanted to erase the traces...? In the first place, why did nobody notice this happening in the Art room? Shouldn't all these commotion be very loud?

"It's not just some regular fight..." Inspecting the hair still held between his fingers, he muttered softly, but more so at himself, if it answered Diana's question at all. If a fight is not "regular," then what kind of fight could it be possibly be...?

Vincent's eyes gazed back into the locked supply closet. As suspected, that closet is suspicious, though they couldn't do anything with it being locked.

While everyone were busy trying to figure out what happened here, however, Vincent took notice of a girl by the corner, the one she previously asked to clean the windows before. What is she doing...He wondered, thinking if she had also found additional clues. Just as he was going to approach her, Midori introduced herself. But that part wasn't important, what's interesting was her words that followed.

'"Have.... Any of you heard the sayings, 'You will never tire again?' Or, 'You will be the perfect image of health?'"

Vincent stopped in his track, he heard those words before, just this morning. He felt a little goosebumps from this strange feeling, and immediately had he turned to look at Midori, his hazel eyes settled on her for a bit too long, seemingly bewildered. "...Eh?" He had blurted out, before noticing that his actions may have seen weird. Shaking his head lightly, the same emotionless look returned to his face, but his eyes still glinted of the same curiosity. "Did you hear that in your dream?"

----

Mentions: everyone but in particular to CryWitch CryWitch MrSaturnUL MrSaturnUL

Last edited:
"Jump and soar . . . .

"Koi"
(Fukuda Aiko)

With: The others
[/div]
The foreign student with the white hair introduced herself as Diana Graves and asked for all of their names in turn. She then asked the boy closest to the blackboard what he thought about how the damage might have been caused.

The boy who had abandoned the broom, as instructed, and begun to fill a garbage bag introduced himself as Andrew before leaving the room and coming back in. The other girl from Aiko's class introduced herself as Midori and asked them if they had ever heard the phrases 'You will never tire again?' Or, 'You will be the perfect image of health?'. Aiko blinked at that.

The boy who had given all the instructions introduced himself as Vincent and then wondered out loud about the cause of the mess, as Diana had done. In response to Midori, he mentioned a dream. One more coincidence? Hardly likely. As unease took hold of the room, Aiko turned away from the spider, which had finished its meal and was resting, and stared at the others, dead-eyed.

" 'You've been chosen' ," Aiko quoted eerily. She was silent for a moment.

"Koi," she then introduced herself in her flat, quiet voice, not bothering to explain or elaborate.
[/div]

As I enter the room, my mind is still pondering over the pieces of hair and the scent of soil that I encountered in the hallway. Trying to figure out where it could’ve come from, I searched my brain for a possible solution. Who could this hair belong to? The closest person I can think of is Diana with her white hair but after a closer inspection, the hair that I’m holding is silver, not white. What about the soil? It smelt like it’s freshly dug but there are no traces of it to be seen. After a solid minute of thinking, I gave up. ‘Nothing adds up.’ I scratched the back of my head.

Taking a deep breath to hopefully clear up my mind, the smell of soil entered my nose once again amidst the odor of paint. A look of confusion appeared on my face. ‘The smell is even stronger in here.’ I surveyed the room, trying to hopefully figure out where the smell is coming from. But instead of seeing piles of dirt on the corners of the room, I see marks, like footprints, leading up to the closet instead. Upon looking closer, I notice strands of hair are also littered around it. ‘That’s definitely not creepy at all.’ I look around the room, trying to see if someone else noticed the weird happenings that surrounds us when I notice Vincent also staring at the closet, holding silver strands of hair. It looked like whatever caused this mess was somehow linked to what’s inside that closet.

I was about to raise suspicion, but I was interrupted by what came out of Midori’s mouth. "Have.... Any of you heard the sayings, 'You will never tire again?' Or, 'You will be the perfect image of health?'" My mind stopped. A shiver ran across my whole body and I just stared at Midori; mouth slightly agape. A coincidence? Not likely. Things are starting to get weirder by the second. “Did you hear that in a dream?” Vincent added. After what it feels like eternity, Koi also muttered “‘You’ve been chosen.’ “

Suddenly, I was back in that dark place. The sinking feeling returned accompanied by madness. The weight of the world and its expectations of me lays heavily on my shoulders. I remember the feeling of being dragged down by invisible chains and hands around my neck cutting off my circulation. But I also remember light. I remember the reassurance of a gentle smile, and-

“’The promise of great power.’” I whisper. The sound reverberating in the quiet room.

Listening to Vincent's answer gave Diana the confirmation she needed to know that whatever transpired here was undoubtedly abnormal. Watching him pull strands of silvery hair out of the cracks in the blackboard and look at the supply closet only exasperated the growing chill up her spine. Something or someone was definitely in the closet.

As the chorus of whispered memories start pouring from other individuals in the room, Diana shivers and folds her arms across her chest. "O-okay now you all are starting to scare me..." She backs up against the blackboard looking rather distraught, mindlessly biting her thumbnail anxiously.

'Surely there is a logical explanation for all of this? Maybe everyone just subconsciously remembered a story or t.v. show? Had she watched something like this before?' Diana's mind raced with possibilities as she glanced among the students and occasionally to the door. She wished more than anything that she could melt into the blackboard as the sickening sinking feeling takes hold in the pit of her stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back