• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of Seas and Sovereigns (REBOOTED) OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

GrieveWriter

U-Incorporated 2nd Class Type Unit
Story plotting and character discussions can go here until the new Discord Server is set up.

I have at the very least one.

Basically, since Tarq thrives off a polytheistic religion, it can be assumed there are multiple gods with Dengiz being the highest revered. In terms of hierarchy, there are usually devote followers that live in the temple or swear there life into eternal service of the gods. Who keeps charge over the temple and is considered the most holy, a separate matter from the politics of the court but just as deeply integral? Originally, I was thinking traditional Pope figurehead but now that you are interested, what about dual leaders that are two sides of the same coin with different beliefs but the same goal of growing the temples influence?

A man and a woman, two women or two men. The holiest pair that are not romantically involved but boast a relationship as deep -if not deeper- than blood relatives.

I have at the very least one.

Basically, since Tarq thrives off a polytheistic religion, it can be assumed there are multiple gods with Dengiz being the highest revered. In terms of hierarchy, there are usually devote followers that live in the temple or swear there life into eternal service of the gods. Who keeps charge over the temple and is considered the most holy, a separate matter from the politics of the court but just as deeply integral? Originally, I was thinking traditional Pope figurehead but now that you are interested, what about dual leaders that are two sides of the same coin with different beliefs but the same goal of growing the temples influence?

A man and a woman, two women or two men. The holiest pair that are not romantically involved but boast a relationship as deep -if not deeper- than blood relatives.
Oh that sound cool. I already have a chara tho it's Wu Lin the envoy from Tian Dao. The two can still interact a lot since her mission at first view is to promote her culture and strike deals. She also come from a temple back in Tiandao so we could do something with that ? I'm already loremaster so I don't want to take on too much then I already have. But I really like your idea !

Edit : the Temple is named "Lunar Temple" so we could do something with that

It would make sense if the Temple of Dengiz leaders were to come to be at the palace to help receive the envoy and provide insight into the religion of Tarq. They would also find it beneficial to seek assistance for community projects they take up to help the people.

How much leeway do I have in developing the religion (obviously including the points you have mentioned)?

It would make sense if the Temple of Dengiz leaders were to come to be at the palace to help receive the envoy and provide insight into the religion of Tarq. They would also find it beneficial to seek assistance for community projects they take up to help the people.
Good idea. We wanted everyone to have some connection to others so it's easier. So Lin had been in Vysha for 2 y at least and went back to report but while there was informed of Edmond coup and urged to go back. This was suppose to be the end of her mission but now she is stuck in Vysha to see how the situation evolve and if Tian Dao should basically pull out before a civil war break out or if it's still a sound investment. So she and your chara could know each other a lil bit and relationship could be awkward now. As if officially she's here to pay respect to the new king and keep up, everyone knows Tian Dao is gauging how things are now through her. So it could create quite the situation.

I'm definitely late to the OOC since I was at work. Wus good.

It's honestly so exciting to see this get some interest stirred up again! I was so sad when the original GM vanished without a trace.

I'm definitely late to the OOC since I was at work. Wus good.

It's honestly so exciting to see this get some interest stirred up again! I was so sad when the original GM vanished without a trace.
Same, hope macrombie okay. Tbh there already were sign that it was too much to handle for them with their responses being later and later. Glad we were able to keep this up ! I'm waiting for Grieve to update me on what we do exactly about the lore made by macrombie. But rn it's pretty much a free for all, all over again. You still keeping the Antonov I guess ? Seem we lost Ksenia, so do you wanna make an npc wife and kid ? Just so you ain't the only Seyedi if no new player wanna be one. (And also Vitya may be accused of disliking feminine company if bro still ain't got no kid at 32 lol)

Same, hope macrombie okay. Tbh there already were sign that it was too much to handle for them with their responses being later and later. Glad we were able to keep this up ! I'm waiting for Grieve to update me on what we do exactly about the lore made by macrombie. But rn it's pretty much a free for all, all over again. You still keeping the Antonov I guess ? Seem we lost Ksenia, so do you wanna make an npc wife and kid ? Just so you ain't the only Seyedi if no new player wanna be one. (And also Vitya may be accused of disliking feminine company if bro still ain't got no kid at 32 lol)
That do be the plan. I had a few NPCs planned out for just such an instance.

I know this is low fantasy so if you all think its too much let me know and I can work out something else. I had created this nation years ago for one of my first RPs on this site. I have used variations and modifications in RPs after that one.

I present to you the desert nation of Sahar. It's people are called the Vallen or the Valla.

The inspiration for the Vallen came from the Ishvallen from Full Metal Alchemist.

The original Vallen were a created race of slaves eons ago by the deep desert Djinn lords. The Valla are people made of sand and wind, built to handle life in the desert. They are all uniformily tall, thin, with tan skin, silver-white hair, and unique blue eyes of which color cannot be recreated or drawn. They do not require water as their bodies seem to pull it out of the air, and require little food. Usually some sort of protein. They seem to get sustanace from the sun and moon. They do not perspire in the sun, but actually perspire in humid conditions. Alcohol does not set well with Valla and generally they avoid it. They can see well in bright light and in the moonlight.

They revere a living goddess, the Vallen who ascended when she lead them from captivity and revolt against their creators. Her name is Sahar'Valla. They wandered the great desert for centuries and eventually she lead them to the green valley of the great Niram river. The Goddess resides still in the sacred city of Sahar'albi, where outsiders are not allowed to visit, at the source of the long Nirim river, deep in the great desert surrounded by mountains. Settlements line the river. At the mouth of the river where it spills into the sea is Sahar's primary trade city, Palantir.

They believe in reincarnation. It is said that there are only a sacred number of Vallen at any one time and that all Vallen are reincarnated souls of the original Vallen slaves, and that when they die they will be reborn again in the next generation.

The nation and culture is matriarchal. Women are the leaders of the country, the priesthood, and of all the households. Men are warriors, farmers, and merchants. They are an open people with open relationships amongst each other. Children are raised by the community. Orphans are raised by the priesthood.

They are a very collaborative people. Their strength is when they work in numbers. A single Valla has a horrible singing voice, but partner that Valla with another Valla they sound as the angels, add more Valla, a choir of angels. They are not strong as individual warriors, but two or more they are very strong militarily. They have unique combat techniques when working in pairs or in groups. They are more productive in pairs and groups for everything.

Their army is very strong. Their weapons of choice are the spear, the khopesh, shields, and the compound desert bow.

For a long time they were a very self contained and quiet nation. Until the three nations around them decided to invade them. The wars that occured lasted for one hundred years and had just recently finally ended.

The Valla did not break, the three nations broke on the Valla. It was then that the Valla decided to take a more active role in country relations and trade so as to prevent another long war.

The Vallan trade a variety of minerals, gold, gems, unique dyes and textiles. Their iron and metal goods are of great quality and make. They are seen as a very enigmatic people with odd rituals. Their navy is new and not strong at all and thus why they reached out to the island nation of Vyasha for assistance to trade their goods with the world.

Please let me know what you all think, I appreciate feedback. I am afraid they may be too...fantastical? Let me know.

I know this is low fantasy so if you all think its too much let me know and I can work out something else. I had created this nation years ago for one of my first RPs on this site. I have used variations and modifications in RPs after that one.

I present to you the desert nation of Sahar. It's people are called the Vallen or the Valla.

The inspiration for the Vallen came from the Ishvallen from Full Metal Alchemist.

The original Vallen were a created race of slaves eons ago by the deep desert Djinn lords. The Valla are people made of sand and wind, built to handle life in the desert. They are all uniformily tall, thin, with tan skin, silver-white hair, and unique blue eyes of which color cannot be recreated or drawn. They do not require water as their bodies seem to pull it out of the air, and require little food. Usually some sort of protein. They seem to get sustanace from the sun and moon. They do not perspire in the sun, but actually perspire in humid conditions. Alcohol does not set well with Valla and generally they avoid it. They can see well in bright light and in the moonlight.

They revere a living goddess, the Vallen who ascended when she lead them from captivity and revolt against their creators. Her name is Sahar'Valla. They wandered the great desert for centuries and eventually she lead them to the green valley of the great Niram river. The Goddess resides still in the sacred city of Sahar'albi, where outsiders are not allowed to visit, at the source of the long Nirim river, deep in the great desert surrounded by mountains. Settlements line the river. At the mouth of the river where it spills into the sea is Sahar's primary trade city, Palantir.

They believe in reincarnation. It is said that there are only a sacred number of Vallen at any one time and that all Vallen are reincarnated souls of the original Vallen slaves, and that when they die they will be reborn again in the next generation.

The nation and culture is matriarchal. Women are the leaders of the country, the priesthood, and of all the households. Men are warriors, farmers, and merchants. They are an open people with open relationships amongst each other. Children are raised by the community. Orphans are raised by the priesthood.

They are a very collaborative people. Their strength is when they work in numbers. A single Valla has a horrible singing voice, but partner that Valla with another Valla they sound as the angels, add more Valla, a choir of angels. They are not strong as individual warriors, but two or more they are very strong militarily. They have unique combat techniques when working in pairs or in groups. They are more productive in pairs and groups for everything.

Their army is very strong. Their weapons of choice are the spear, the khopesh, shields, and the compound desert bow.

For a long time they were a very self contained and quiet nation. Until the three nations around them decided to invade them. The wars that occured lasted for one hundred years and had just recently finally ended.

The Valla did not break, the three nations broke on the Valla. It was then that the Valla decided to take a more active role in country relations and trade so as to prevent another long war.

The Vallan trade a variety of minerals, gold, gems, unique dyes and textiles. Their iron and metal goods are of great quality and make. They are seen as a very enigmatic people with odd rituals. Their navy is new and not strong at all and thus why they reached out to the island nation of Vyasha for assistance to trade their goods with the world.

Please let me know what you all think, I appreciate feedback. I am afraid they may be too...fantastical? Let me know.
They sound very interesting. The two/three potential problems I see are.
- The living goddess thing. That can easily be solved by saying she disappeared like the other gods or if enough people agree we could change up the gods lore a bit.
- The hundred years war. Nothing wrong with it in itself. But the number it lasted seem a bit too fantasy like, maybe 20 or 30ish could fit more. The aim at the beginning is to stay a bit more grounded and really low fantasy, so a literal 100 y war could look out of place. But anything else is cool ! They could even have some magical elements unknown to Vysha or something else.
- Where are they exactly ? Are they another island but smaller or on another continent ? What would make sense was if Vysha was between them and pretty much the rest of the world so the easier road would be to pass through them. We could also say their three enemies nations are being a bothered on the other side. The Vallen could also need some resources from Vysha that they don't have or support.

- The living goddess thing. That can easily be solved by saying she disappeared like the other gods or if enough people agree we could change up the gods lore a bit
I am happy to make it consistent with the rest of the gods and goddesses of the world. She can have ascended and is part of the winds and sands now. She was not going to be a direct part of my character's story anyway, just a living goddess far off back home. So I can work with whatever fits in this world.
The hundred years war. Nothing wrong with it in itself. But the number it lasted seem a bit too fantasy like, maybe 20 or 30ish could fit more. The aim at the beginning is to stay a bit more grounded and really low fantasy, so a literal 100 y war could look out of place. But anything else is cool ! They could even have some magical elements unknown to Vysha or something else
Maybe 50 years is fine for the Triad War. Much like the Thiry-years and Hundred years wars of our past, there are lulls and spikes of violence, psuedo peace times where a peace was thought to be in place only to be set back to war by a betrayal or break of treaty. (I have a degree in History and Political Science FYI) I figure one of Sahar's strengths is a veteran army. The war will be a big part of my characters backstory.

I do not see much in the way of magic with them, other than their physical traits and such (Not needing much food and water to live, enhanced skills and coordination when there are more than one or are working together with others). Being low fantasy I wanted to keep the magic to a minimum.
Where are they exactly ? Are they another island but smaller or on another continent ? What would make sense was if Vysha was between them and pretty much the rest of the world so the easier road would be to pass through them. We could also say their three enemies nations are being a bothered on the other side. The Vallen could also need some resources from Vysha that they don't have or support.
I envision Sahar on a continent across the sea from Tiando with Vyasha in the middle of that sea. Maybe Sahar is on a smaller continent in the southern hemisphere. Vyasha would be in a temperate zone in the northern hemisphere. Sahar would be in the doldrums just south of the equator, so it would not I see Vyasha as almost a city at the center of the world in a way, all major trade routes go through them as crossing the sea is long and perilous. A stable Vyasha is important to the stability of the world. Sahar is self sufficient and was isolationist for much of its previous history but the Triad War changed that and dragged them into figuring they have to have a part in the world's goings. I forgot to mention one of their chief exports is coffee, I would like Saharan Coffee to be particularly valued.

I do not want to focus too much on Sahar other than for cultural reference and background unless asked, the story is about Vyasha. Since there was some already done in a previous story, I went with an outsider character, so I want to be learning about Vyasha through the eyes of my character.

If you guys think Sahar is ok, I will put an entry into the Lore thread about them. Let me know.

I am happy to make it consistent with the rest of the gods and goddesses of the world. She can have ascended and is part of the winds and sands now. She was not going to be a direct part of my character's story anyway, just a living goddess far off back home. So I can work with whatever fits in this world.

Maybe 50 years is fine for the Triad War. Much like the Thiry-years and Hundred years wars of our past, there are lulls and spikes of violence, psuedo peace times where a peace was thought to be in place only to be set back to war by a betrayal or break of treaty. (I have a degree in History and Political Science FYI) I figure one of Sahar's strengths is a veteran army. The war will be a big part of my characters backstory.

I do not see much in the way of magic with them, other than their physical traits and such (Not needing much food and water to live, enhanced skills and coordination when there are more than one or are working together with others). Being low fantasy I wanted to keep the magic to a minimum.

I envision Sahar on a continent across the sea from Tiando with Vyasha in the middle of that sea. Maybe Sahar is on a smaller continent in the southern hemisphere. Vyasha would be in a temperate zone in the northern hemisphere. Sahar would be in the doldrums just south of the equator, so it would not I see Vyasha as almost a city at the center of the world in a way, all major trade routes go through them as crossing the sea is long and perilous. A stable Vyasha is important to the stability of the world. Sahar is self sufficient and was isolationist for much of its previous history but the Triad War changed that and dragged them into figuring they have to have a part in the world's goings. I forgot to mention one of their chief exports is coffee, I would like Saharan Coffee to be particularly valued.

I do not want to focus too much on Sahar other than for cultural reference and background unless asked, the story is about Vyasha. Since there was some already done in a previous story, I went with an outsider character, so I want to be learning about Vyasha through the eyes of my character.

If you guys think Sahar is ok, I will put an entry into the Lore thread about them. Let me know.
Great ! I think Sahar is good to go. I'm preparing the lore page of what was previously done so it's still empty but feel free to go there. I will probably group the foreign country together if they ain't many.

I have been a bit busy with work and have given this story a bit of thought, and I am thinking of not doing the Saharan Ambassador and making a character from one of the houses instead. Leaning toward a Lord Admiral from House Maryam. I felt when I was working on the Sahar I felt I was going down a rabbit hole so to speak and taking too much away from Vyasha. So I will create a character from Vyasha.

Questions:

How long ago was the change on the throne to where our story begins?
What is the level of technology is Vyasha, particularly for the navy? Are we into gunpowder and cannon? Or are we more Game of Thrones with various catapults and trebuchets, flaming pitch, ballista,etc?

I have been a bit busy with work and have given this story a bit of thought, and I am thinking of not doing the Saharan Ambassador and making a character from one of the houses instead. Leaning toward a Lord Admiral from House Maryam. I felt when I was working on the Sahar I felt I was going down a rabbit hole so to speak and taking too much away from Vyasha. So I will create a character from Vyasha.

Questions:

What is the level of technology is Vyasha, particularly for the navy? Are we into gunpowder and cannon? Or are we more Game of Thrones with various catapults and trebuchets, flaming pitch, ballista,etc?
To the first question, not a super long time ago. Anywhere from a couple years to a couple months. It's a very recent shakeup.

As for the second, this was never properly established from my recollection, but I always kinda imagined a black-powder/trebuchet mix, though someone else can feel free to object.

Questions:

To the first question, not a super long time ago. Anywhere from a couple years to a couple months. It's a very recent shakeup.

As for the second, this was never properly established from my recollection, but I always kinda imagined a black-powder/trebuchet mix, though someone else can feel free to object.
We vaguely said somewhere that we were kind of in the age of the sail. But tbh nothing was that set. So still kinda medieval with sword still being the default but travel around the world starting to get more and more importance. At least that's what I remember from the old discord, like if someone want the printing press to exist, it will still be heavily controlled by the royal power.

As for how recent the shakeup was. Extremely recent, some weeks or a few months max, we planned to start when Edmond just acquired the throne, and the player was talking about what his chara would possibly want for his official coronation. So we could also start there.

Ok, new character idea. I want to play an heir of House Maryam. I was not sure if anyone had played anyone from that in the previous game or not, so if there is any lore or story I should know beyond the initial entry please enlighten me. I have a lot of ideas for the House itself if nothing has been established.

Lord Commander Gennady Maryam, a man in his upper twenties, a son of the current Lord and Lord Admiral Maryam. He rose to distinction in the Navy and is currently in command of a the Albion Fleet (Fleet named after the flagship of the fleet), one of the larger fleets and most technologically advanced fleets in Vyasha. His mother was a cousin of the past Queen, but married to the House Maryam. He is strong in the Laerym Blood. He was raised along a lot of the other royalty in the Capital, many involved in the recent change over were childhood friends. He has always been loyal to Vyasha. Right before the shake up, he and his fleet were conveniently sent to dispatch of the Krang Pirate Confederation that was raiding the trade routes between Tiando and Vyasha. It was done as a favor to the Tiando and as a show of Vyasha power to the world. Of course the shake up occurred while the fleet was away. And Gennady will be gin his part of the story returning to the Capital Victorious, his father sent a courier to meet him before the fleet returned so he has some idea as to what has happened but knows not the extend of who is there and who is no longer there. Before the fleet was sent out, Gennedy had experienced a tragedy. His wife Miriam died while in childbirth along with his unborn son Miles. He was then sent away. So that makes Gennady unmarried currently and without an heir, which makes him perfect for a match within the new regime to tie up.

There is a bunch more about Gennedy, but that is my idea in a short summary, I can write out more when I set his character up. Please let me know if he and his story and position will fit this story.

Ok, new character idea. I want to play an heir of House Maryam. I was not sure if anyone had played anyone from that in the previous game or not, so if there is any lore or story I should know beyond the initial entry please enlighten me. I have a lot of ideas for the House itself if nothing has been established.

Lord Commander Gennady Maryam, a man in his upper twenties, a son of the current Lord and Lord Admiral Maryam. He rose to distinction in the Navy and is currently in command of a the Albion Fleet (Fleet named after the flagship of the fleet), one of the larger fleets and most technologically advanced fleets in Vyasha. His mother was a cousin of the past Queen, but married to the House Maryam. He is strong in the Laerym Blood. He was raised along a lot of the other royalty in the Capital, many involved in the recent change over were childhood friends. He has always been loyal to Vyasha. Right before the shake up, he and his fleet were conveniently sent to dispatch of the Krang Pirate Confederation that was raiding the trade routes between Tiando and Vyasha. It was done as a favor to the Tiando and as a show of Vyasha power to the world. Of course the shake up occurred while the fleet was away. And Gennady will be gin his part of the story returning to the Capital Victorious, his father sent a courier to meet him before the fleet returned so he has some idea as to what has happened but knows not the extend of who is there and who is no longer there. Before the fleet was sent out, Gennedy had experienced a tragedy. His wife Miriam died while in childbirth along with his unborn son Miles. He was then sent away. So that makes Gennady unmarried currently and without an heir, which makes him perfect for a match within the new regime to tie up.

There is a bunch more about Gennedy, but that is my idea in a short summary, I can write out more when I set his character up. Please let me know if he and his story and position will fit this story.
We had a player that made a chara from house maryam but they left way before the GM vanished so nothing is set for maryam except the basic lore. If you wanna look at the old CS Fantasy - of seas and sovereigns - cs

He fit perfectly the lore and world !

He fit perfectly the lore and world !
Awesome, thank you.

Technical Question: how do you code the headers (and footers) with the names in them? Also is there a particular place those header pictures are found?

Awesome, thank you.

Technical Question: how do you code the headers (and footers) with the names in them? Also is there a particular place those header pictures are found?
I had to copy the BBCodes from the original GM's cs posts to get mine looking like that, but its not gonna be required for the cs. Only the character info really matters

Okay, finally put the Discord together, I'll PM it to those who've already posted a CS or shown interest but if you want in and didn't receive it just PM me and I'll send it your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back