• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Of Humans and Dragons

Kyero

Three Thousand Club
Hello everyone and welcome to the recruitment page for my role-play "Dragon's Revenge." This role-play brings to the table a rich and densely lore packed world of my own design, with over eighty species of Dragons which will all make an appearance at some point or another (as well as a good portion of them being playable so long as you can earn the last Dragon position available), a complete timeline of events and major figures dating back 500,000 years before the events of the RP begin, and a dangerous and compelling story through which our characters will engage and interact in along the way.

I said it already, but this RP is quite lore intensive and has all new mechanics which I created from the ground up just for this RP. Some of them are similar to mechanics you've seen so far such as magic, but they all have a personal twist added to them for flavor and to make them more realistic and grounded in a world that is closer to reality than almost any fantasy adventure has ever been before.

So please do check it out as soon as you can!

Now, I feel obligated to tell everyone that there is only one actual Dragon spot open at the moment, and two people are already vying for it so if you want it you have to make a better profile than they do because I don't allow reservations of such a position. If either you or these two individuals want it, then you have to earn it and the best profile submitted will get the position. So if you want that Dragon spot, HURRY!!

The rest of the cast will portray human characters in a world where Dragons were supposedly hunted to extinction. But really they took to the heavens and live beside the Gods in the Higher Plane. 100 years before the events of the RP, the Dragon's power to transform was stolen from them by powerful and evil magic which is yet to be identified. But not just one Dragon, but ALL of the Dragons which speaks to the sheer magnitude of the magic's power.

So now the Dragons are returning to the Mortal Plane where, in human form, they scour the globe and hope to find out what's caused this change and undo it so that they may once again regain their true forms. The human companions they meet along the way could make all the difference in whether or not the Dragons succeed, or whether they fail and perish into the pages of history while the rest of the world awaits its ultimate fate.

Here is a link to the RP's Overview page for your enjoyment: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/dragons-revenge.79674/

See you later, and thank you for your time!

Last edited by a moderator:
RoyalPhoenix32 said:
It sounds amazing but you left out that Akatosh is king of spirits
I edited many of the Gods/Goddesses complete Skyrim descriptions to make them slightly different for the RP.

The brutality of the rules is intriguing to me. I've always liked a challenge, and although I'm not exactly a fan of Skyrim, this seems very interesting. I'm definitely going to develop a dragon app and a non-dragon app, in case the former falls through.

SomeGuy said:
The brutality of the rules is intriguing to me. I've always liked a challenge, and although I'm not exactly a fan of Skyrim, this seems very interesting. I'm definitely going to develop a dragon app and a non-dragon app, in case the former falls through.
Really the only thing taken from Skyrim were the names of the Gods/Goddesses. Everything else about the RP was hand crafted from scratch by yours truly.

SomeGuy said:
Also, I have updated the "Lore" page in the RP to include a list of Dragons who are not available to play as, so for your Dragon character please make sure your chosen Dragon species is not on that list. Thank you.

Bump!

Bump!

Sounds really cool, and the rules don't sound TOO bad, just a serious real life role play. Im just too casual for it. Looks good though!

Players wanted still please! Thank you! I know the RP is really big and kind of scary, but you can do it!

Bump!

Bump!

Have to keep bumping this thread!

[QUOTE="alexis the furry]what is bumping?

[/QUOTE]
Bumping is the act of leaving a comment purely for the purpose of putting the thread back at the top of the list so people see it first (or almost first) when they enter the forum and check the posts. Over time this page gets pushed down by newer and newer posts, but when I post again it bumps it straight to the top again.

Is magic completely limited to elemental magic or will there be variations such as Conjuration or Alteration?

Seymour said:
Is magic completely limited to elemental magic or will there be variations such as Conjuration or Alteration?
There is no conjuration or alteration. There is only elemental. Sorry.

Huh. I dunno then, this seems more like a game then a creative RP. Being forced to follow super-rigid character requirements/limitations isn't appealing to me.

Seymour said:
Huh. I dunno then, this seems more like a game then a creative RP. Being forced to follow super-rigid character requirements/limitations isn't appealing to me.
As you wish.

I've been role-playing for over fifteen years now so your response is not in the least bit surprising to me and truthfully, I expected it the moment you asked about whether or not magic would allow for options other than elemental. Not many casual role-players who play free form RP's where there are no character or lore restrictions have the stomach for such RP's with restrictive content because they don't like being challenged in that way. But it's alright. Everyone has their niche and yours doesn't fit with the more advanced and challenging content such as that within this RP. Nothing wrong with that.

However I do have to point one thing out, and I know you won't like what I'm about to say but it needs to be said because it is the cold hard truth: If such simple limitations and requirements as those in my RP turn you off to joining, then sadly you have proven that there is little to nothing that you would have been able to contribute to the RP in the first place regardless of what kind of character you would/could have made had you decided to join.

I know it sounds mean to say it, but it's true. My RP, as restrictive as it sounds on the surface, is far from "rigid" despite its numerous changes to what is considered standard fantasy lore. The only real limitations in the RP are the following:

* Your character must be age 21+

* The RP only has room for 2 Dragon characters

* You must be able to write a minimum amount of sentences in certain sections of the character sheet

* Magic is elemental only

* No God-Modding

Those are the only real restrictions the RP places on those who join, and they're not nearly as restrictive as they sound at a glance. I could go into why, but I'd be here all night.

So thanks for the interest, but it's definitely best that you find an easier RP to join because you're clearly not ready for this one.

all you can do with elemental is push people back with air choke someone with a water ball and burn someone with fire. and cage people with nature

elemental is the worst))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back