• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of Darkness and Light(Vampire roleplay)

Farator laughs. “I’m sorry, I’m the disgusting one in this situation? Really? An apex predator like you is reduced to spreading rumors because he’s too weak to do anything else! Why don’t you go back and cry to daddy. It’s what you’re best at.” He spits.

Ambrose hisses once more at him,"Oh he already knows! I'll be happy to see you burn alive! To smell your flesh cook will forever be in my memory!" His stark pale eyes darts over to the nun,"All for them. You do all of this for them, for her now. You're a fool. You never learn. He'll be the death of you, Sister!" He leaps from the rooftop and hurries away.

Moriah looks over to Farator,"Mr. Black, coming to my rescue once more. I do not think he was going to really try anything this time. He looked nervous."

Farator sighs, watching him flee. “I’m sure. Both him and the white horned elder being in the area at once… Hm. Both of them are most commonly seen near Annesburg. The fact that both seem interested in you means that they likely know we are coming.” He says calmly. He looks down at his blade, watching the vampire’s blood on it with an almost hungry expression. “He has been an enemy of mine for a very long time. I cannot wait to finally end that wretch.”

A look of small worry comes across her face,"Then our element of surprise is ruined. We will have to be on high alert." She looks at the blood on his blade and how deep of a crimson it was, almost black. "He seems to be a lot of talk. He likes messing with you," she says as a small rumble is heard. The Sister holds her hungry stomach with embarrassment,"Ah, I did not realize. I have not eaten today. So much work to be done. Hopefully it will not sound so vicious all the way back."

Farator nods. “Mm, he said his father already knows. So yes, one of the elders of that region is already well aware of us. None of us should be alone under any circumstances when we get close.” He says grimly. “I’ve already eaten. You should have a good meal before we set out.” He says with a smile that seems almost manic. “We’re in for the challenge of our lives.”

Moriah nods, just a bit nervous from his smile and words. She takes his hand and gently holds it as she looks deep into his hazel eyes,"This will be dangerous, Mr. Black and I am worried. I see revenge in your eyes, but also a kind soul. I understand your lust for it, but please be careful. I do not want anything to happen to you. You have already risked your life enough times."

He chuckles softly, squeezing her hand. “Thank you, sister. I appreciate your concern for me. I… I used to live in Annesburg. That family of vampires is incredibly dangerous, and I know it well.” He takes a deep breath. “I will Be Alright. Frankly, I am more worried about you two. But I will not try to stop either of you. You have chosen your path.”

The coldness of his was warmed by hers. She smiles a warm, welcoming smile at him. Her grey eyes were giving him a soft gaze,"Just as you have chosen yours. Though we have different reasons for choosing this path, I believe God has brought us together...to stop this madness, to restore faith. The Valdis clan is one of the oldest families and one of the most powerful. I trust you, Mr. Black, but in Annesburg we must be wary of the patrons. The whole city could have undead spies lurking in it's shadows."

She finds herself leaning closer to him. He made her feel safe and hopeful for their journey. She rest her head on his chest for a few seconds then pulls herself away. She let's go of his hand,"I am sorry about that. I just need to rest."

Farator smiles sadly, holding her close when she chooses to rest against him, but letting go when she does. “Mm. Get your rest, sister. I would suggest that once we reach the city, only two members of the group sleep at once.”

“I just hope all of us get out of this. These ones are no stranger to hunters, and tend to see them as useful if turned. I have lost many a friend to them.”

She gains her composure and gives a stern nod,"We must do what we need to. I am sorry about your losses. It never gets any easier when someone dies. Be it a loved one or a stranger. This world is in a hopeless state. I believe we can stop this. Stop the...pain...we must." The Sister turns away from him when her eyes begin to grow watery with tears,"All this sadness...I should be going now. The sky only grows darker."

He nods. “Hope be with you, sister. I’ll meet up with you soon.” He says, his own eyes dark with sadness, and anger at those that made someone so pure turn to killing. It seems she is not meant for it.

She gives a slow nod and wipes her eyes with the sleeve of her robe,"I shall see you tomorrow. Father Adonias paid for a stagecoach for us to use. It should be able to fit all of us. I sent a letter to Aoife's realatives. I think she will be fine. I am so grateful that we were able to save someone." The Sister begins to walk away from him,"Rest well, Mr. Black."

She makes her way through the town and into the forest. She reaches the church and once inside she sees her things packed and ready thanks to the Father. Adonias was sitting by the chimnet, a pot of stew steadily simmers. He turns and smiles,"Ah Sister, I have prepared everything for tomorrow. Come, eat. I made more deer meat stew." Moriah sits down and takes a bowl of the stew. She eats it slowly, it was the Father's best recipe and she liked that he made it often. After she was done she heads to the small room she was occupying. She takes off her robes and puts on her cotton nightgown. She kneels down on her knees by the bed and holds the rosary tightly as she begins to pray. Farator was stirring feelings she thought were long dead. He was so easy to talk to and so...comforting and brave. Her hands clench the rosary hard as she prays,"Please, Lord, forgive me of my sins. Lead me not to temptation once more. I do not know how much more I can bear...deliver us from evil and protect us from these demons. I am your tool, Lord, and I give myself to you for you to work through me..."

She then goes silent for a few moments as her mind fades back to that night. "You don't have to stay here, you choose to! Please come with me! We can leave tonight right now! Moriah please, I love you!" Tears roll down her cheeks as she touches her lips, remembering his kiss,"Oh, Elias...how foolish we were...."

Farator looks down at the still bloody blade once she’s gone, and chuckles, walking back into the alley, his long tongue extending to clean the blade. Ah… it is good to feed on the good stuff. A weakling, to be sure, but still with the blood of our dear father in his veins… delicious.

He goes back home, his dogs recognizing the energy about him, knowing a hunt is coming.

The night crawls into morning. The Sister is already awake. The night was not kind to her. The dark memories dominated her dreams, but with a new addition. The white horned demon. He crept towards her as she stood, dressed in veils. She held out her arm to him and with a quick cut of a small blade she slit her wrist. Her blood flowed freely and excited the creature. He soon began sucking on her wound as she smiled and cried simultaneously. As the demon fed she stroked his head and spoke a verse," For the life of every creature is its blood: its blood is its life."

Her breathing grows heavy as she thinks about her dream. She was crafting a veil to wear over her head. Her white hair was brushed and styled into a loose braid that fell just past the middle of her back. The fabric was a pearl color with small designs sewn in. She finishes sewing up a corner as Father Adonias loaded the stagecoach that made it's way there. He turns to her as he carries some luggage,"You okay, Sister? You seem out of it." She smiles at him and shakes her head,"Oh I just could not get comfortable on that old bed. It kept me up. I will try to get some sleep in the coach. We will be stooping in town for Mr. Black and Doctor Jacob, correct?" Adonias puts the luggage onto if the stagecoach and begins to tie it down,"Yea. I just hope we can reach the church in Annesburg safely."

Farator stays at the church that night. Not where they can see him, of course. Simply another old gargoyle that no one will look twice at. He watches over them till morning, then goes back to Jacob, where he’s waiting with the dogs.

The doctor raises a brow, sighing. “You’re in Love.” He says flatly. Farator huffs. “Am not. You know me, I’d never allow myself something so foolish. Someone like me should never bind a living creature to themselves.”

“You have me, don’t you?” Farator chuckles, wrapping an arm around him. “I do. But you know what I mean. It would be unfair to her to let her too close.”

Father Adoniss finishes loading up their things on the stagecoach. Sister Moriah finishes up her veil just in time. She places it on her head before gliding her sliding her hand down her robes to feel the hidden weapons underneath. she follows the Priest to the stagecoach and takes his hand as he helps her inside. She sits on the worn leather seats. The Father gets inside and sits across from her.

The driver tells and gives a good jerk of the reins to start up the coach. They were heading into town. Father Adonias adjusts his ti Ted glasses. "Sister Moriah. You must have a clear head. The Valdis are ancient and could kill you easily the second you're caught off guard" She looks out of the window and yawns,"Yes, Father, I know. I will be sure to stay focused." "You could start by getting some sleep!" He snaps at her.

"Mmhmm." She says soon followed by another yawn. She watches as the trees soon turn into small, poor houses as they reach the town.

Farator turns his head, hearing the horses, and raises a hand in greeting, his dogs pulling at their leashes. He and Jacob get up into the coach, the dogs curling up under the seats. “Good morning! Did everyone sleep well?” Jacob asks brightly.

Farator chuckles, seeing Moriah. “I’m going to take a wild guess and say no.”

She pets one of the dogs as it curls up. Father Adonias waves at the two men with a smile,"There they are! Good Morning to you!" The nun grumbles at Farator,"That old bed was not comfortable..."

As he sits beside her she quickly looks out the window. Maybe she could keep herself occupied somehow or make the conversations short. Maybe she can pretend to be asleep. She runs the purple beads between her thumb and finger and pulls the veil over her face more to hide her flushed cheeks.

Jacob sits next to Father Adonias, leaving Farator to get settled next to Sister Moriah. “Ah, a shame. I could rent us rooms in Annesburg, so you’ll have somewhere better to sleep.” He says, knowing he would be blushing if he was capable of that anymore.

Jacob shakes his head. “Farator, let the doctor rent the rooms. I know you don’t have much money after what you gave to Aoife.”

Moriah shakes her head,"Oh no, do not worry about me. Father Adonias will be getting us rooms." The Priest nods,"I could also pay for your rooms as well. I have plenty coin. That and the keeper of The Vine & Tankard Inn is an old friend of mine. That place has been there for as long as I remember!" The Sister turns her gaze to the window and watches as it steadily begins to rain. A small roll of thunder can be heard in the distance.

A couple of hours pass and the Priest shares stories of past hunts with the other men. Moriah lazily listens, her eyes heavy with sleep. She loses the battle and falls asleep leaning her head on Farator's shoulder. Adonias shakes his head,"No matter where we sleep she can't ever get a good nights rest."

Farator and Jacob join in with stories of their own, but of course they omit some small aspects. But the white horned elder is mentioned a few times as having been after the same prey as them.

Farator smiles sadly as he hears Adonias, having shifted to offer Moriah more comfort. “Mm, I know the feeling. The things we see can often haunt us when we seek escape from the real world.”

Father Adonias sighs and pushes his tinted glasses up,"She's seen alot that she wasn't prepared for. I never thought I would have to teach her the art of Vampire hunting. I started out in the church she was abandoned at, but with the attacks I had to travel and train some members and volunteers. I'd always visit though. She was always quiet and hardworking. I found her after a Vampire Lord and his horde attacked the town. Everyone in the church was mauled, but I found her. Fortunately she was unharmed but scared out of her wits. I planned in taking her to another Church, but she insisted that I train her."

Moriah shifts gently to get more comfortable and leans her head more on him. Her veil slides back and exposes a bit of her neck. Adonias smiles,"I'm pretty grateful that she chose to train. She has lots of skill and promise. She has a way with people too. She heals them. I've experienced it." He twists a gold ring on his finger that holds a grand crimson jewel,"So about this white horned elder. I believe I've heard mentions of it, though it was years ago."

Jacob nods. “She’s very good at soothing people.” He agrees. Farator looks up at the mention of the elder, and nods. “Mm, I’ve had a few encounters. Couldn’t get him to talk about why he does this, but he seems to either have a vendetta against this clan, or think they’re particularly tasty. Possibly both.” He says simply.

Adonias strokes his chin and ponders for a moment. He seems to be thinking of something of importance. He takes out a small wooden pipe that was hidden in a pocket in his robes. After filling it with tobacco and lighting it with a pocket tinderbox he grumbles to the men,"Don't let Sister Moriah know. She thinks I quit." He takes a few puffs before offering it to the other two,"Either way we must kill this Elder. Who knows why he chooses his own kind, but he could always turn on us. I'm not willing to take that risk. We take down all off the bloodsucking demons. I'm sure Sister Moriah would agree." His dark glasses face Farator and it wasn't clear if the Priest was staring at him or not. Either way The Priest was giving off a strange emission of energy. A loud crack of thunder breaks the silence and the Priest smiles,"Anyway, son. I must say I am very impressed with your talents. Have you ever thought of joining the church?"

Farator looks back at him calmly. “Mm, not the organized church. Mainly because of that exact sentiment.” He says simply, leaning back. “It’s contradictory. According to the scriptures, humans have free will, and angels and demons do not. Simple enough. However, Lucifer fell from heaven because he defied what he was told, the clearest indicator of free will I can think of. This leads me to the conclusion that they simply must try harder to exercise free will. Moving on from that. If vampires are demons, they do have the capacity to choose a different path.”

Jacob watches with surprise. He didn’t think Farator was religious at all, but this shows he at least was taught it at some point, and understands it. He just interpreted it differently, and as generally doesn’t want to open the associated can of worms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back