• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of Darkness and Light(Vampire roleplay)

She continues making her way through the thick woods. The wind was picking up so she held her robes closer to her. Moriah was following the old blood trail until it abruptly disappeared on the ground. She kneels down and touches the dead grass and leaves the blood covered. She continues to look at it closely before rushing away the majority of the leaves. Underneath was an old rickety wooden cover that no doubt hid and underground opening. She brushes the foliage back over the cover before walking away and going deeper into the dead woods.

She makes her way to a small abandoned church just on the edge of town. She opens the door and the smell of some sort of stew greeted her. After some rustling from the back a tall, lanky man in preacher robes appears. His dark glasses illuminated in the soft fires of the chimney and he smiles at her before speaking, "Ah Sister Moriah. Back from the town already? Did you gather any information?" She nods almost eagerly before pulling out the ripped blue silk piece of fabric, "I gathered quite abit from a friendly fellow. He was eager to help and really knew his stuff. I would think he's a hunter as well. This fabric is the same as the bits we found near that cave. I found the old blood trail and it led me to a hidden passage. There's no doubt in my mind that they are in the caves. We must strike them tonight before they decide to attack the town once more. A girl was taken. Poor thing is either a vampire herself or being used for feeding. If it's the latter then we may still be able to save her."

Father Adonias gave a small single nod, "I hope to God we can." He reaches out and gives the shorter woman a small part on the head, "You should eat and get your strength up. I already ate so help yourself. We shall head over to the caves once the moon rises." Moriah nods before taking a bowl and filling it with the soup. As she eats she can't help but think of the stranger. It was rare to find vigilante hunters that actually wanted to help the church or just help in general. Especially with the knowledge he had. Mr. Black could be a nice asset to their duo.

After Farator finishes his things to do around the house, he too heads out into the forest, sniffing the air curiously. He needs to find them before that girl gets herself murdered. She isn’t as durable as he is, as smart as she obviously is.

By this time the moon was high in the starry night sky. All seemed calm for now. In the small dilapidated church the nun was carefully placing her gear inside of her robes. A few silver cross shaped knives, extra arrows for her crossbow, and a small flintlock pistol, all engraved with verses of scripture. She even put a small vial of holy water in a band arou d her thigh. Father Adonias was patiently waiting for her, his artillery consisting of throwing knives and two pistols.

In silent agreement they both head out of the church and begin walking to the caves they found earlier on their travels to the town. Sister Moriah fiddles with her rosary as she whispers silent prayers for the both of them. The wild vampires would definitely have the advantage. She takes out the piece of the bloody blue silk fabric. Potentially saving a victim would make going into this hornet's nest of the undead worth it. The whistling wind made the cold air pierce through them and stung her cheeks, but despite that she felt warm and ready to take down the ferocious group.

The night is very quiet, no one daring to come out at this hour, but that doesn’t stop the feeling of being watched, constantly. These two are not the first hunters. But their blatancy is… refreshing.

Of course, it’s a job for a group. Three, to be precise. They crawl along rooftops, stalk through alleys, quiet as mice. The man seems the larger threat, but the woman… Hm. Perhaps it would be fun to change her, just to watch her faith break.

One, a male, lights on the ground behind them, barely making a sound, and goes for the man, claws slicing through the air with a barely audible hiss.

Father Adonias stops suddenly as he hears the air wrap around long fingers and the claws attached to them. He quickly turns his body to the side and in a swift movement of his own he draws a blade and pierces the heart of the undead. What he lacks for in sight he sure makes up with sound.

With the situation that had just transpired beside hern Sister Moriah quickly scans the surrounding area with her crossbow drawn. She fires into the shadow of a tree only for the body of another bloodsucker to shamble forward and fall. She hastens her pace to the cave's entrance,"It seems they were expecting us, Father!" Adonias grumbles as he throws a knife into the body of another hiding amongst high branches, "Makes you wonder just how many have tried before us. Their guard was up."
The two disappear into the darkness of the cave.

“There will only be more of them inside.” A voice says from the side of the entrance. Farator is standing there, easily hiding in his mud stained grey cloak. “I would suggest coming up with a plan to route them out first. Or we could set a fire here. I know damn well that the mines here went up in flames fairly often.”

The Father turns towards the new voice, folds his arms, and gives a rather disapproving grunt, "Listen, son, I know you may think you're tough, but it's dangerous here." Sister Moriah lowers her crossbow at the familiar voice and let's out a relieved sigh, "Thank goodness. It is Mr. Black, Father, the kind man I told you about earlier. I see you knew more than you led on, Mr. Black. Nonetheless I am glad to see you."

Father Adonias slightly shrugs once he hears one option from the young man, "Well we would just have to get out in time if we light the place up." Sister Moriah shakes her head, "The girl could still be alive somewhere in here. I have looked at an old map of these caverns. It splits in two then in smaller areas onwards."

Farator nods. “Mm, good point. The best bet is probably to get in, grab the girl, and get out, and have things ready to light it up. Keep us from being pursued.” He tilts his head. “When we reach the fork, how about I take one side, and you two take the other? Better chances of us finding the girl in time.”

The duo nod in agreement with the Sister speaking, "Just remember to make your back here as fast as you can. Be careful, Mr. Black." The Father heads deeper into the cave first with the nun not far behind him. Reaching the fork, they enter the left tunnel.

A few steps in all seems eerily quiet. "They are planning something, Father." He shushes her and stops for a moment, "Do you hear that? Crying." Sister Moriah clutches her crossbow closer to her as the soft, weak cries of a woman drifts into her ears. "She is alive!" The sister whispers with excitment and relief in one breath.

Farator grabs her arm, hazel eyes wide with worry. “Not necessarily.” He whispers. “If they know you’re coming, this could be an ambush. Even if she is still human, she must be crying for a reason.” He lets go, taking a deep breath.

“Sorry. Fell for that trick pretty recently. Nearly died.” He mutters. “We should go after her, but we all need to be very cautious.”

She huffs at him,"I understand, Mr. Black, but we could be so close to her I want to hurry." Father Adonias snaps at her, "The boy is right and you should know better, Sister. It looks like it breaks up into the smaller tunnels here. We could each take one or stay together."

Sister Moriah grips her bow tighter with frustration. She keeps hearing the crying and the soft ominous whispers filling the caves "Damnit we need to hurry!", she says in a stern tone before rushing into one of the tunnels and disappearing in the deep shadows of it. The Father groans, "Sister Moriah! Damn she can be so brash!" He soon runs into the depths of one of the tunnels. Whether he knew if it was the one the Sister went down he did not know.

And, they’re gone. Brilliant. Farator is left with a choice now. He could try to protect these two, possibly revealing himself in the process, or he could do what he came here to do. He sighs, shaking his head, and sniffs the air, following Moriah down the tunnel she chose.

As the cries get louder, there seems to be no sign of the monsters that live here. Not good, as far as Nathaniel is concerned. He pauses, hearing a whisper. Goddamn, these ones are stealthy.

“What brings you here, elder? Surely you have better things to do than play with mortal women, hm?” He turns, crossing his arms, looking at the vampire that stands over him. “Oh, I assure you, I’m not playing. Either you and yours tone it down, and I mean by a lot, or there will be consequences.”

Sister Moriah in quiet, but hurrying steps continues down one of the many winding tunnels. She keeps her breathing quiet and slow to better hear the soft cries. In front of her there was deep blackness that she was being entirely engulfed by. She looks down at her hands and they were not there. She focuses on the cries and starts to drift back to that horrible night.

Suddenly a sharp searing pain hits her side and with a hard thud she falls to the ground. Her crossbow clatters somewhere beyond her reach. Her hands frantically creep to the pain and her fingers slide about the small handle of a dagger. Just as she gains her wits Sister Moriah can feel the weight of another body, a cold body, creeping onto her. Her shoulder burns as two sharp fangs pierce into it.

The bite warrants a painful cry from her. She manages to slide some of her fingers to the band around her thigh and reach the small vial of holy water. She cries out again as the fangs sink deeper into her shoulder, but with fierce struggling she pulls her arm free and crushes the glass vial onto the offender's face. A shrill shriek echoed throughout the cave as it pulled itself away from her with a sizzling sound following it.

Farator doesn’t bother with conversation after that. A blade drops from his sleeve, and he thrusts it into the eye of the vampire he was speaking to, killing it instantly.

Then he takes off down the tunnel, moving impossibly fast, and launches himself into the vampire with a fierce yell, his way of fighting beautiful in it’s viciousness.

Sister Moriah sits up and hits her lip from the throbbing pain of her side, shoulder, and many other small scratches that she seemed to haven't noticed. She grabs the handle of the small dagger in her side and with a brief pause pulls it out, sounded by a tiny pained squeak from her. There were laughing whispers and voracious words hurled towards her. She quickly crawls over to the spot where she believed her crossbow to be. Feeling around in the darkness her fingers glide over the familiar weapon.

Just then she heard the sounds of something approaching quickly and suddenly an angry threatening yell. She points the crossbow into the darkness and breathes with heavy breaths.

As soon as Farator recognizes that she can’t see, he abandons his human form with a roar of anger, fighting fang and claw against his feral cousins. He’s larger and stronger, but there are many of them.

He shrieks in rage, tearing off the head of the one who thought going in for a bite was a good idea, throwing the corpses of his enemies to the ground one after the other, until nothing remains. He falls to the ground, shrinking down to his human form, his flesh torn and bloody. He goes to Moriah. “Sister, are you alright?” He asks softly, coughing.

Her eyes darted back and forth in the darkness. She heard the sounds of bodies being tossed or slumping to the ground. What was going on? Were they fighting eachother? She keeps her crossbow planted in front of her even after all goes quiet again.

A small gasp escapes her as she hears the voice. "Mr. Black?", she says in a somewhat happy tone. The Sister lowers her crossbow and slowly gets on her feet. She flinches and puts one of her hands on her still bleeding side. The smell of her fresh blood is strong as it soaks into her robes.

He touches her shoulder gently. “Sister, please, sit down. We need to… bandage, this mess.” He whispers. His voice has a slight lisp, which could easily be assumed to be from injury.

He has to get those wounds covered, the temptation to lean in and lap at her wounds making his fangs come out. Her blood is so sweet smelling… a religious, righteous woman. Damn it all, he needs to get some distance, but he can’t leave her alone.

She gives a small painful growl, "I am just fine Mr. Black! Please just go on and find the girl. I'll be behind you, I just...I cannot move as quick as before, but I will be fine!" She reaches up with her bloody hand to feel for her coif to see if she can tear some fabric off of it. Instead she feels her soft wavy hair, unaware that it had fallen off in her fight.

The Sister sets her bow down and quickly tears off abit of her robes. After a few painful adjustments she ties the wrappings around the wounded area. The makeshift bandages soak slowly. She grabs her crossbow and sighs, "I got distracted earlier. It will not happen again."

Farator pauses, then sighs. “You will attract them like this… but I suppose they will have to get by me first if I go ahead.” He says. “Be careful, sister.”

With that, he turns, walking further into the tunnel. With there continuing to be no light sources, he leaves his human form behind once more, watching carefully to be sure no vampires make it past him. It seems like the majority came to attack Moriah, and were then killed. Still, it is good to be careful.

She gives a weak chuckle, "Well it will be easier if they came to me." After he disappears further down the tunnel she grabs a few arrows and reloads her crossbow and slowly makes her way after him. Her side was still burning, but the bleeding was slow now. Sister Moriah stays alert in the darkness and carefully watched for any movement in the shadows.

The cries grow louder as Farator gets closer and soon a frail looking woman with red hair could be seen. She has rope tightly holding her to a jagged rock. The woman was unturned and full of blood, but it was clear to see she was starving. She heard his movements I the dark and begs, "Please let me go home. Please..."

Farator kneels in front of the girl, watching carefully to check for bite marks. There’s some shifting as his body shrinks into his human form. “They have not fed you?” He asks softly, trying to figure out what they wanted her here for.

As she hears the new voice she begins to struggle against the rope, "They tried to feed me raw meat. They said it was good for my blood. I didn't eat any of it. Did you kill them? Did you kill him? The one that liked me? He took me because he liked me. Others tried to feed off of me, but he didnt let them. Please, sir I want to go home! They would drag people here and eat them alive!"

Moriah continues to make her way as she clutches her side with one hand. She hears voices just ahead. The familiar male voice and the soft female one made her smile slightly. The girl was still alive. She wonders what happened to Father Adonias and prayed that he was okay. He knew how to handle himself, but her actions jeopardized them all tonight and she only can only hope that the Father had survived.

She finally makes it to the opening of the tunnel and between breaths she speaks, "Mr. Black have you found her? How is she?"

Nathaniel sighs. “Yes, I found her!” He calls back, carefully cutting the rope with his blade. “You’re going to be alright now. I’m going to keep you safe until we can get you home.” He promises.

"Oh thank the Lord.", Moriah sighs out in relief. She looks around in the pitch black, though her eyes were somewhat more use to it. She was able to make out the dark silhouettes in front of her.

Once cut free the girl instantly collapses. Her starving body was weak and tired. Large tears begin to roll down her sunken cheeks, Thank you so much. I miss my home." Moriah lifts her crossbow, "You will need to carry her, Mr. Black. We can get her to a doctor once we are in town. I shall walk ahead and make sure everything is safe."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back