• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of Darkness and Light(Vampire roleplay)

With a loud laugh Ambrose throws the nun to the ground and leaps back to dodge the swipe. He appears sitting on a large tree branch,"Oh have your holy maiden. I was just playing with her. Besides, sweet blood isn't really my...taste. I just needed to get confirmation. You're alive. You know what happens now, dear cousin. Beware of Annesburg. Hmm, Bless you, Sister." He stands and seems to fall back into the darkness of the forest.

Moriah clutches her side, the beads of her rosary getting covered in blood. In spite of it all she sits up quickly to watch Ambrose go. Her attention was on the demon before her. Was he one of the Vampire Lords? If he was he seemed different somehow. Through pained breaths she speaks,"By the strength and grace of God I'll kill you if you come near!"

He watches Ambrose go, then turns his head to look at her. “I am not here to harm you, sister.” He growls softly. He takes a step back, his long tongue going over his lips and fangs hungrily. “Get that bandaged. You should never have left your church tonight. If you continue this foolishness, I will not be here to rescue you each time.”

She quickly snaps back at him,"I will not have the damned speak to me in any manner! I never asked to be saved!" The Sister gets onto her knees and opens the coat to expose her reopened wound more,"This is what you want is it not? To kill me right here! To feast on my flesh and drink on my blood! You can go ahead, but Goddamnit if I do not try to take you with me!"

She stared at him with hateful eyes as she took deep breaths. Her blood continued to paint the snow beneath her.

He shakes his head, growling. “Child… I don’t care what you think of me. Go home. Continue your hunt. And for your god’s sake, stay alive. There are innocents that rely on you. When you are actually strong enough to kill me, then I will rest. But until that day comes, your life is under my protection.”

He turns away, trying to hide how hurt he is.

Her face shows her slight confusion by his words and even more so by how...sad he seemed. She gets to her feet as he leaves her. She stays in place for a few more minutes before heading back to the church. She takes her boots off just outside the door and quietly makes her way in. She removes her coat and makes it back to her bed where patches herself up with more bandages. It was going to be embarrassing going back to the Doctor.

The white horned demon lingered in her thoughts as she nonchalantly stroked her rosary with her thumb. Just what was he? He had to have been what was in the caves. He's a vampire, but what type protects anything that isn't their food? A million questions flow through her head, not granting her much sleep during the night.

Farator goes home, and closes his eyes, letting himself cry. He knew she would react that way… he knew. But that pure hatred in her eyes broke a part of him he didn’t know he still had. She could never accept something like him.

When she opens her eyes the light from the sun shines on her through an old board over one of the windows. She yawns, still tired from the previous nights events. After another scolding from Father Adonias they make another trip into town to get Moriah's wound fresh stitches. As she's being fixed up she notices Farator has yet to be seen. She looks at Jacob as he works on her side once more,"Where is Mr. Black? He struck me as an early riser."

Jacob chuckles. “Actually, no. He has decided since his prey are awake at night, he should be as well. He’s asleep.” He says, cleaning and stitching the wound again. “No need to pay me for this one, since it’s the same wound. I’ve seen doctors get away with stitches that just get loose, and I don’t want to be payed twice when I didn’t do the job right the first time.”

Sister Moriah gives a small smile,"Thank you, Doctor, though it was my foolishness that caused your fine work to be undone. I do hope he gets some good rest. If you would be so kind as to tell him I was here. I will be in the market for some time and then I will be cleaning up Ms. McIver's home. The poor girl should not have to go home to that. How is she, Doctor?"

Jacob sighs. “She is healthy enough physically, other than being malnourished… but, honestly, she needs a psychologist, not a doctor. The mental damage is much worse.” He says sadly. “I will tell him when he wakes. He doesn’t sleep much. Don’t know how he does it, really.”

She thinks about the creature she saw last night. Though she told Father Adonias some details she didn't tell him everything. She whittled the details down to a single blood starved vampire which attacked. Did Farator fight with it in the caves? "I would say take her to the Sisters of this town, but I see the church is abandoned. Her mind will come back to her. I trust God will heal her."

With the clip of the last stitch she stands and fixes her robes. She walks out of the Doctor's office and joins Father Adonias in some quick errands before their trip to Annesburg.

Farator comes out at around three in the afternoon, meeting up with them in the market. He waves to her, forcing a smile. “Hello Sister. Jacob said you wanted to speak to me?” He asks.

He can only hope she hasn’t figured him out so quickly. She’ll attack for sure if she has.

She waves back at him and gives him a warm gentle smile along with a soft, caring look. It was vastly different than her cold hateful glare from the night before,"Good day, Mr. Black. I do need a word with you." She gently grabs his arm and takes him aside away from the Priest, who was busy feeling fabrics.

"I am afraid I was careless again last night. I went to retrieve my rosary and ran into some trouble. I do not want you to worry yourself, but I saw a demon last night. He was very large and black. He had horns of the devil, but they were white. Do you know of such creature?"

Farator has to think fast. “Yes. It sounds rather like one I caught a glimpse of around Annesburg, last time I was in the area. It was… curious. He refused to attack humans, unless they attacked first, and seemed to feed almost exclusively on the blood of other vampires, which he had a habit of attacking and killing.”

He takes a deep breath. “His appearance caused… quite a rend in my family. I thought it meant that vampires were capable of behaving better, and my family thought I was insane.”

She gives a small shake of her head,"That is very unfortunate to hear. So you have experience with this creature before and he seems...benevolent? I will be honest, Mr.Black. I have seen Vampire Lords and they terrify me. I know no matter how hard I pray it will not matter. I have not been myself lately, I am afraid that I may be...questioning my...nevermind." The Sister moves rather nervously,"I just did not feel afraid of it. I think I actually scared it off and I felt bad for it. It just seemed sad...I do not understand this, Mr.Black. I am afraid this is the trickery of Satan."

Farator shakes his head. “I am afraid I cannot help when it comes to faith in god. But… I do have some faith in people. I believe that some are strong enough to fight the corruption, and others simply need guidance to do so. And I believe that there is a place for reluctant monsters in purgatory, if not in heaven.”

A small smile appears and a calm sigh accompanies it,"Beautiful words and a unique way to put things. You have a good heart. Your kindness has truly been a blessing and I am happy that you will be joining us."She leans against the wall of a shop and looks out onto the town. She watches the people go about their business and thinks of the creatures words, "And for your god’s sake, stay alive. There are innocents that rely on you...." as much as she hates to admit it, he's right. She was due for a long night of prayer.

She looks at Farator,"Thank you for chatting with me. You can go about your day now. I am going to pick up whatever Father Adonias wants."

Farator smiles, dipping his head. “It is always a pleasure, sister.” He says warmly. “I hope you find your peace, wherever it lies.” He turns to go back to packing, smiling. Perhaps there is hope for him after all.

Sister Moriah feels her cheeks flush with red from his smile and words. She simply nods at him before leaving him to his preparations. As she follows Father Adonias around the market place, she thinks about Farator and how nice it is speaking to him. It was nice to have someone to talk to that won't scold her like a child or has the same answer for everything. His knowledge and understanding nature reminds her so much of- She clutches her rosary tight.

The day passes without incident. Moriah and other volunteers manages to clean Aoife's house. With some food and water in her, she already had some of her color back and can move more. Unfortunately she mostly remains silent or speaking in whispers. The nun was sitting by the girl's bed and gently stroking her hair,"Dear child your home is ready for your return when you are fully healed." Aoife stares blankly at the wall and whispers,"Ma and Pa are gone...Sheamus is gone..." Moriah shows visible worry over her mental state.

Jacob sighs, sitting next to Aoife. “Do you have any friends?” He asks gently. “Anyone who you trust to help you, keep you safe?”

The girl looks at the Doctor and nods her head slowly, "Jonesborough....my Aunt...." Sister Moriah sits herself on the side of the bed and carefully cradles the girl in her arms. She rocks her slightly,"That is not far from here. We can have you there soon." Aoife shakes her head,"No please. What if he finds me and kills more of my family..." She begins to cry and tremble in fear at the thought.

Moriah stokes her crimson hair and tries to soothe her,"The one that took you no longer exist. They are all dead and God is here with you now. Let him heal you and give you strength." She holds the girl tight and slowly speaks a verse in Latin. Aoife's tears stop falling as a warm, soothing sensation rushes over her. She closes her eyes and let's out a relieved breath as she drifts into a peaceful slumber. The Sister carefully lies the girl back down and looks to Jacob,"I will arrange for her to be taken to her relatives. I feel she will be fine. We will be leaving for Annesburg at sunset tomorrow. Please be sure to pack everything you need."

Jacob sighs sadly. “I just hope you guys really did get all of them.” He says softly. “I’m just about packed, just got to find a new doctor for this place. The last one was killed.”

She bows slightly towards the doctor,"Well it would be hard for anything to get out of there. I will leave you to your search and I look forward to traveling with you, Doctor." She leaves his company and makes her way through the town heading for the abandoned church.

Ambrose slips out of an alley as the Sister walks by. He surprisingly sees the nun, facing him. He chuckles,"Oh and here I thought I could sneak up on you." Moriah glares at him and clenches her rosary,"I felt you...your vile presence. Leave here now." The blonde vampire smiles, showing his long fangs,"Now now I'm just here to warn you, dear Sister. You will certainly die if you continue to accompany Mr. Black." She huffs at him,"I will certainly die one day, forsaken beast no matter who I accompany. Leave here now or I swear on my life to God I will kill you."

Farator watches from his own hidden position, having been stalking Ambrose since he entered the city. Still, showing his true form here would be suicide. He takes a deep breath, gripping his blade. What to do, what to do…

He could just kill Ambrose here. Yes, that would be ideal. Let him carry his secrets, and his report to the elders, to the grave. His footsteps are silent as he walks up behind his enemy, smiling at the sister, and putting a finger to his lips.

Moriah sees a figure behind the vampire and once she sees it clearly she smiles slightly. Ambrose sees the twitch of her lips and turns just in time to miss a blade. He jumps onto the roof of a small shop that was closed for the night. He feels something wet and cold run down his face. Upon brushing it away and examining it he realizes his cheek has a large cut. He hisses at Farator,"How dare you! It's disgusting how easy it is for you!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back