• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of Darkness and Light(Vampire roleplay)

He smiles, closing his eyes, as his form shrinks down to his human one. “I will stay to keep watch.” He says softly, opening his eyes to gaze at her lovingly. He sits on the edge of the bed with her, stroking her hair gently.

She watches him shrink down and leans onto him when he's seated next to her. She gives a serene smile.

A pair of fiery crimson eyes peer out from the black shadows of an alley across from the Inn. He saw the white horned elder enter the window and the sweet smell of the nun's blood filled his nostrils. Long fangs glisten in the lights of streetlamps. It was too soon to let his presence be known outright. Better to not risk the Valdis family brood knowing he was in town. The large silhouette slinks back into the shadows with a small, but deep chuckle.

When the morning comes, Sister Moriah awakes to a loud knocking on her door. Father Adonias, seemingly unaffected by last night's drunken celebrations huffs,"Sister Moriah, we need to get to church."

Farator left her room as the sun rose, standing at the window of his own room to watch for danger. Jacob is crashed after how drunk he ended up getting. He really can’t handle alcohol well.

Moriah sits up and groans from a throbbing in her head. The night before was in pieces, but there was one thing she remembers. She flips her right wrist around and notices the cut that was just barely there anymore. She gets a small rush of excitement, but the banging on the door irritates the moment. She grumbles,"Give me a few minutes, Father!" The Priest is abit taken aback by her abrasive tone,"Have a little too much drink last night, Sister?"

She hurries to dress and get ready for the day. When the nun opens the door she frowns at the Father,"It was nothing you did not approve of. Who was dancing and singing all night, Father?" Adonias furrows his brow,"We must hurry. We are running late for the meeting with Father Ezekiel. " She nods and follows him downstairs, but looks around for Farator.

Farator comes out of his room to wave at them. “I would love to go with you, if you’d have me. I think Jacob will be safe here till he wakes up.” He says, offering a small smile to Moriah.

Adonias speaks hurriedly,"Yes yes as long as we leave now! I know Father Ezekiel is already dismayed by our tardiness!" The Sister smiles back at him with a shy look,"Well as long as you think the Doctor will be okay." The Priest leads them out of the inn and into the large stone city, now bustling with life. Carriages come and go down the streets and people rush to get daily errands done. Moriah walks close to Farator and looks around curiously,"I have not been to many big cities. I'm excited to see the church."

The Father rushes them to the extravagant large structure and marvels at the giant stained glass windows depicting scenes from the bible. Adonias opens the large doors, "This way now! Father Ezekiel should be in the back."

Farator smiles over at her. “The church here is beautiful.” He assures her, shuddering as he steps inside. One of the priests, an old man, gasps as he sees Farator, his eyes going wide. He grabs Farator by the shoulder, pulling away. “Farator?!” He whispers. Farator looks confused, until he seems to recognize the man, and his expression softens. “Aiden… I’ll leave if you-“ he’s cut off, as Aiden hugs him tight, whispering so the others can’t hear. “I’ve missed you, my baby brother.”

Moriah's eyes grow wide as Farator's words rang true. The sunlight that manages to break through the clouds shine through the multicolor windows, showering the inside with numerous glints of light. She walks slow and careful through the aisles and glides her fingers over the mahogany pews. Her eyes scan the detail of the carved marble crucifixion of the Holy Son. She fails to notice as Farator is pulled away. As she stares at the statue on the altar she begins to feel comfortable and uneasy at the same time. She just remembers that she did not pray this morning.

Father Adonias makes his way towards the back of the Cathedral and into the grand office of Father Ezekiel. The Priest was at his desk calmly writing a few things down. He doesn't look up as he speaks,"Father Adonias. You're tardy." Adonias stands in front of his desk and looks down at the dark haired man,"It was a rough night. Though a promising one. About the matter..." Ezekiel raises his head and leans back in his chair,"We may be onto something."

Farator and Aiden speak softly, catching up. “Why did it take you so long, Farator?”

“You know our parents would have killed me if I came back before they died. But I am glad you lived long enough for me to see you again.”

“You… didn’t come to reunite with me.” Aiden realizes. Farator sighs, shaking his head. “No. I came to face the Valdis again.”

Moriah kneels at the altar and clutches her rosary. Her eyes stay focused on the statue as she speaks quietly,"Dear Lord...I ask for your forgiveness. My words and my actions last night were...blasphemous. I cannot make sense of it all. I feel conflicted about so many things. Is this a test, Father? It feels like torture. What I was raised to believe is all disproven by...him..."

Adonias raises his brow and makes sure to close the thick door behind him. He sits across from the slightly younger man and leans forward,"Proof of the catalyst?" Ezekiel nods slowly as a smirk appears on his face. He reaches into a hidden drawer under his desk and pulls out a folded piece of paper. He sets it down on the desk and slides it over to Adonias. The older priest takes the paper and unwraps it to expose a single white feather with a slight golden hue. He tilts his head forward and begins to snicker,"Just like the one from all those centuries ago. Do you know what this means?" His dark tinted glasses slide forward on his face and exposes eyes as red as brimstone,"My loyal thrall, my rise shall come. The Valdis family will fall and the Dorcha clan will take over."

Aiden pulls Farator into a private room. “Brother, it’s not just the Valdis any more. We haven’t seen much of them yet, but their behavior and appearance are different. You are the only Helsing left of our branch-“ Farator opens his mouth, but Aiden cuts him off. “I don’t care if they disowned you. They can’t chanfe who you are. You need to be aware of this new clan. Perhaps they are like you. Perhaps they can be better. But perhaps not.”

She runs the beads as she goes silent for a few seconds. The Sister mumbles with an angry tone,"I-I don't know what you want from me! I want to protect the innocent, I want to be your instrument, but I want to be free to love and to be loved...." Moriah begins to tear up, "What you are doing is not fair, Lord. Why will you not give me a clear answer. I feel like I am being ripped in two all over again." A warm calm washes over her. The feeling was nostalgic in her mind. She releases a peaceful sigh and as she looks to the Statue of the Holy Son it appears to be smiling gently at her.

Ezekiel stands only to give a bow to Adonias,"It's been a long time coming, M'lord. Are you sure you should be walking around so blatantly, especially with the stone?" Adonias gently strokes the grand crimson jewel on his ring,"Do not worry about me, Ezekiel. You should know better by now. Hiding in plain sight is what Dorcha's do best. Lucifer's stone is safe with me. It can't be activated without the catalyst. All we have to do is eliminate the head of the Valdis family then once I gain the power of the stone they will be apart of my army. That sweet little angel has already helped me wipe out the heads of the Erebus and Daegal families. Killing my rivals one by one. The White Horned Elder...though he's been useful, he could become a problem. It was to be expected though."

Farator sighs, closing his eyes. “Brother… you cannot stay here. They will scent you eventually.”
“They would not dare step inside the-“
“Aiden, they are already here!” Farator hisses urgently. “You must go, hide! Or do you really think they would be so kind as to let you die of old age?”

Aiden takes a deep breath. “I am the eldest brother. Frail or not, it is my duty to stand between them and the people of this city. You will not stop me.”

Farator gazes at him sadly. “I could save you…”

“No. I respect that you are a good man, and a good hunter, but I will die human, unless forcibly taken. Only then will I walk this path with you.”

Moriah looks at the statue again and the face is normal. She finishes her prayer with a verse. A hand reaches out and touches her shoulder. She jumps from the sudden contact and looks up. Another nun looks down at her and speaks with a delicate tone and warm smile,"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged. He has faith in you, child." The nun has a tranquil presence about her and after giving Moriah's head a small comforting stroke she turns and leaves. She gets up from the alter and goes after the nun,"Wait...please!" She follows the nun into the Cathedral's courtyard and stands in bewilderment as no one could be seen.

Ezekiel nods in agreement,"What should we do about him, M'lord?" The older looking male pushes his glasses back up on his face and rewraps the feather before tucking it into his pocket,"We'll let them continue playing. After we take care of the Valdis then the final act of my plan can begin." The red eyes of the Father turn back into their milky white color under his glasses. Ezekiel gives another small bow before the two exit the office and carry on like normal old friends.

Farator comes out of the private room with Aiden, seeing the two priests leave. But he doesn’t see Moriah… that worries him. He sighs, and goes to try and follow her, finding her scent easily.

The sister is still standing in the courtyard. She walks around through some of the overgrown foliage, hoping to find the mysterious nun. Moriah felt as if she recognized her. The sound of footsteps causes her turn and she smiles seeing Farator. She makes her way over to him,"This church is...amazing in so many ways. I cannot explain it." The Sister sits down on an old stone bench and pats the empty spot next to her, inviting him to sit down.

He smiles, sitting beside her. “It is. I remember when I used to come here with my family as a boy.” He says softly. “It always made me feel hopeful, if a bit criticized.”

Moriah chuckles,"I think everyone feels that way. They have a certain idea of what is needed to be done to be loved by God, but all you need is to be good and just." She listens as birds tweet in the bushes,"Farator, how long have you been...you know. Who were you before this? If you do not want to talk about it, I understand. I am just curious is all since I never really got a chance to talk to a vampire."

Farator glances over at her, sighing. “Fifty years.” He says softly. “I’m seventy six years old. Actually… did you see the man I was with? That’s father Aiden. He prefers to go by his first name, since calling himself father Hellsing would be a death sentence in this town.” He looks at the ground. “I call myself Farator Black, because that’s what my mother called me when she disowned and banished me. A black stain on the family name.”

She gives a momentary look of surprise, but it turns into empathy in her eyes,"Then, please, tell me your real name. I do not want to call you something so cruel." Moriah gently strokes his cold cheek,"To do what you do must be hard. To see what happens to them and fighting them. Not to be accepted by either side. You have been lonely."

He closes his eyes, trying not to cry. “My… my name is Farator Connor Hellsing.” He says softly, leaning into her touch. “I have been so lonely… I do my best to protect the innocent on both sides, but I can’t… I’m not strong enough to protect everyone.”

She gently pulls him into a comforting embrace, the warmth of her body melding with the frigidness of his,"Farator, you try. You find the strength to try. You risk your life trying to protect them. I can understand your feelings. Everytime I failed to save someone I always blamed myself. Did I not try hard enough? Am I not skilled enough, but you must realize that the loses only drive you to keep trying because sometimes you succeed. All I can do is pray for the souls of the lost and keep trying to save others."

She rubs his back as she continues to embrace him,"Find peace in the fact that you are noble, kind, and loved. You are no longer alone."

A single, scarlet tear trails down his face as he hugs her. “Thank you… you’re so kind to me, kinder than anyone else. I’ll do everything in my power to keep you safe, I promise. If I can save no one else, I will save you.”

Moriah smiles and slowly let's go of him. She wipes away his bloody tear,"And I will save you." Her eyes close as she leans in to kiss him. The rough yelling of Father Adonias ruins their moment,"Sister Moriah?! Mr. Black?! It's time we take our leave!" The Sister gives a small sigh with blushing cheeks and stands. She smiles at Farator and whispers,"Maybe...next time then."

She walks towards the voice of the older man and passes a statue of the Holy Mother, overgrown with creeping vines. She stops and examines it before pulling some of the vines away. Her eyes grow wide with surprise, but she stays quiet and continues on. Father Adonias waits a tad impatiently,"Hurry! we must make preparations for tonight!"

Farator nods, walking to the priest. “Of course. We have a busy night ahead of us.” He says with a small grin. “It is good to see my home again.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back