• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Of Axes and Dragons

Max gave her a small nod and sighed softly as she left. She went back to sortimg through paperwork while Ivar came in quietly and sat down "How is your back?" She asked not even having looked up at him from her work.

Daemon nodded and got up to leave. He took Carmen's hand in his as he saw her come over sighing heavily "And how is my dear cousin? It looks like she had assimilated well with the vikings." He muttered quietly

She shrugged a little. “She has grown to love Ivar and he is the same. I’m glad that they did.” She told him quietly.

He frowned as he sat to catch his breath, shaking a little from the effort of the morning on top of the pain already there.

Daemon gave a small unamused laugh "Surprised someone of our nature could love a woman such as herself." He muttered before taking her down to the car "What would you like for lunch?"

Max looked up when he didn't answer and immediately stopped what she was doing "Ivar?" She asked in a concerned voice. She loved over to his side and gently took his hand in hers "Do you need me to get anything?"

She shrugged and walked with him. “Something quiet. The Ivy?” She asked him and nodded when he agreed, heading to the car with him. She was halfway through her first drink when both of their phones started ringing, frowning a little bit answered seeing as it was Havis school. “Hello? Yes. Speaking… what do you mean there’s been an accident? Where is my son?” She questioned them quickly.

He shook his head and just leaned on her a little. “I just need to get home.” He told her quietly, gripping at her hand and slowly standing up to start making his way down to the car.

Daemon sat at lunch with her frowning deeply as he answered his phone "Slow down...SLOW DOWN!" He said to his man down the line "What has happened?" He said in a low tone looking at his wife in horror the same time she did the same to him "Get that fucking jet ready NOW."

Max gave him a small nod and kissed his temple gently. She helped him up and took him down to the car "You want me to make us some dinner tonight? I could make your favorite." She said trying to distract him from the pain the best she could.

She got up quickly, putting some money on the table to cover what they’d ordered and just left with him quickly, calling both the other schools to check on the other two but they were both fine and she just held daemons hand tightly. “What happened? The school just said he’d been hurt and I need to get down there.” She whimpered shaking a little. “I told him to be sensible. I told him to keep his head down and behave.” She was crying scared by this point.

Ivar shook his head and gripped at her hand tightly once in the car. “No. Just rest.” He told her through gritted teeth. His pain was chronic so for him to be feeling it this was a problem. He opened his eyes again and looked at her, his sclera almost as blue as his Iris

Daemon frowned deeply as he sped to the airport unable to talk. He was fuming and he didn't want to blow up on her but as she kept persuing "He was shot!" He yelled out taking a shaky breath "He was shot....they....they said sniper.." he muttered letting a few tears fall.

Max went a bit wide eyed seeing how blue his eyes were "Ivar....your eyes...they are so blue." She said softly. She hadn't seen them this bad before and it was scaring her.

Carmen frowned shaking her head and immediately pulled her phone out calling up Ubbe to explain the situation and to make sure all their kids were safe as well because it still wasn’t clear which side was being targeted then hung up and stared into space for the next couple hours until they arrived at the hospital closest to his school, hoping he was still alive and wishing she was just having a nightmare but they walked into the lobby to see two of his guards covered in blood and ir was all she could do to not throw up.

Ivar frowned shaking his head. “I just want bed. And rest.” He told her quietly. “Bed sounds very good.” He mumbled, making sure to take what he was supposed to once they got home and between max and two of his men they got him upstairs to their room and into bed, watching hee carefully until she was laying next to him. “You don’t have to stay love. You can go do what you like.” He murmured but he was certainly grateful for her wanting to stay with him.

Daemon got them to the hospital in record time "Where is my son?!" He yelled at his men anger rolling off of him as he saw the blood that covered them. That was definitely a lethal amount. He glared at the nurse who rushed to them asking for them to please quiet down and follow her 'I'm so sorry....but we did everything we could. He...there were three bullets straight into his heart, the damage was irrepairable.' He heard the nurse explain before letting them into the room. Everything went silent the moment he saw his son lifeless in that bed. He saw Carmen's screaming figure go to his side, but Daemon was frozen in place.

Max got him up to bed but smiled widely at him "Oh no, I won't leave you. Who is going to give you the best cuddles?" She said before laughing lightly "I'll cook later once you're asleep." She murmured kissing him gently and getting into bed cuddling up to him.

He hummed in response and held onto her gently. “I love you.” He told her quietly, sleeping off the worst of it until the evening when he headed downstairs to go see what they were doing for dinner.

Carmen followed them quickly, stepping into the room. She couldn’t for the life of her remember anything from that point to when they were forcing her to leave while she refused, holding her child to her tightly and sobbing until they had Daemon forcibly removing her himself, sobbing into his shoulder and holding tightly to his shirt.

Max smiled softly as he came down finishing up on dinner "Made some Thai Curry from that recipe Amma gave me." She said sweetly kissing his cheek "You hungry?"

Daemon frowned deeply as he came back to reality seeing the nurses placing their hands on his wife. He shooed them off and pulled her into him staring at his son "I'm so sorry....you deserved a better father.." he whispered quietly to him before taking Carmen out of the room. He walked her out of the hospital glaring at his two men "Go get cleaned up and get back to my other children." He spat at them.

Carmen was shaking her head and muttering to herself by the time they got back to the car. “I want them home. Get the kids home.” She told him quickly, “Daemon they killed him. They killed our son.” She was breaking down all over again

He nodded and held her to him a little. “It smells amazing.” He smiled, swaying with her a little. “You doing okay?” He asked her quietly

Daemon took a shaky breath and nodded some "I will have them home." He muttered before looking at her "Carmen...Carmen I need you to calm down just while we get them okay? They may not know and if they see you like this we'll be having a whole situation in this car. I'd rather do it in a safe hotel for the night." He explained calmly to her.

Max nodded some before taking a shaky breath. Hvitserk had called earlier to tell her about Havi and it had her a little more than shaken up. She had loved Carmen's children whenever they were around. Out of all of them she had spent the most with Leif and Havi "Someone...someone killed Carmen's middle child." She said softly

She nodded, understanding whether she liked it or not and was soon pulling herself together just to get back to the car, gripping at his hand tightly.

Ivar frowned shaking his head. “I don’t like that it’s not obvious which family is being targeted.” He muttered. “But to be on the safe side I’m going to send two of our security with you at all times. At least for now love.”

Daemon got them to Lana's school first thankful that his men had taken Lief out and brought him as well. He got them to a hotel having completely ignored their questions the entire time. He sighed heavily closing the door to their suite "Sit down please." He told both children running a hand through his hair "This evening....someone...they targetted our family." He explained before taking a shaky breath and letting a few tears fall "Your brother....Havi...he was shot, he....he did not survive."

Max gave a small nod and took a shaky breath "I remember when he was born.....I used to babysit them.." she whispered before turning off the stove top trying to get herself calmed down.

Carmen had already gone to lay down, staring at the wall and not responding to anyone or anything,

Lana had gone to see her mom after the news, wanting a cuddle from her but soon returned to Daemon when it was clear that she wasn’t paying attention. “Mommy’s asleep but she’s awake.” She frowned not understanding at all as she climbed up to sit in her dads lap and hold onto him tightly, frowning some.

He sighed and nodded, swaying with her a little. “I love you.” He told her quietly. “When they’re ready to talk to everyone I’m sure she’d appreciate a visit.” He told her quietly, helping her get food on the table after that.

Daemon sighed heavily as he looked down at his daughter "She will be okay darling, I'll make sure of it." He murmured softly while he wrapped his arms around her "Are you okay?" He asked her quietly starting to rock gently to try and show her some kind of comfort.

Max gave a small nod and made her way to eat with him. Once they had finished up dinner she put their plates away and washed them quickly. She glanced over seeing him getting up and smiled some "You want to try a shower? You need to get your hair washed. I could rebraid it in the morning if you're feeling okay."

She shrugged. “When are we gonna see Havi again?” She asked not really understanding what was going on but seeing that her whole family was upset. Leif had gone to his room in the suite and shut the door to be alone and carmen had gone somewhat catatonic.

He shrugged a little. “Maybe in the morning love. I don’t want to push it tonight.” He told her quietly, gesturing for her to follow. “I love you. Why don’t we watch some tv upstairs and have an early night? I feel like tomorrow is going to be a long day.”

Daemon frowned deeply at her question shaking his head some "We won't see him again Lana....he died...he had to go with the gods." He explained quietly hoping maybe she would somewhat understand.

Max gave a small nod and smile taking his hand in hers "I like that idea." She said softly to him. As they got to bed she got him to lay between her legs while she gently undid his braids and they watched whatever show Ivar had decided to pick.

She frowned a little and just kept holding onto him. “Yours or mommy’s?” She asked him frowning a little and stayed cuddled to him until they all heard carmen throwing up and she got down so her dad could get to her, seeing Leif open his door and call her in, going to see her oldest brother.

He sighed peacefully as they relaxed together, holding her leg to him and smiled. “We should take a holiday soon. Our first vacation… somewhere warm.” He told her

Daemon frowned going to answer before he heard Carmen throwing up. He got up quickly once Lana was down and rushed to her side in the bathroom "Carmen love....talk to me." He whispered quietly as he pulled her hair back.

Max smiled some and gave a small nod "Mmmm yes, somewhere with beaches. Maybe Italy? I haven't been there in years." She said softly as she took his last braid out "You and me in a little private villa to ourselves? Sounds like paradise to me."

She sat back once she was done and just started sobbing again. “My baby is gone.” She whimpered. “Someone has taken him from me and I can’t… I can’t… I want him here in my arms. I know he’s been a horrible teenager lately but he’s still our son. You remember when he was little? He would spend all day in our offices and just go from one to the other wanting cuddles?” She whimpered shaking badly.

He hummed in response happily. “That sounds perfect. What did my father want with you in the end yesterday?” He asked her curiously.

Max frowned softly as he mentioned his father "He wanted to know what you were doing, as a husband, and how you were getting on with it. I'm not sure why, but it seemed like he had been having doubts about you and marriage. He also wanted to make sure I wasn't spying for my family. I assured him right away that my intentions have nothing to do with them." She explained quietly

Daemon took a shaky breath before giving a small nod "Yeah....and always got away with anything from his momma." He said giving a soft chuckle before letting a few tears fall "Had all the girls in the offices gushing over him too."

He sighed heavily and rubbed at his face a little. “He’s just… we don’t always get on. Most of the time we don’t.” He muttered. “And he won’t believe you until he sees proof. But as long as he wasn’t horrible to you.” He mumbled, relaxing once she had got all the tangles out, putting it up in a bun for now and just leaned back against her completely. “I love you.”

She frowned and held onto him tighter. “I knew starting to do a nanny for the kids was gonna be a bad idea… I can’t believe I ever let Alicent talk me into it. That was when he stopped being happy.” She mumbled frowning and just held onto him tightly, burying her face into his shoulder. “Are the kids okay?” She asked quietly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back