• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of A Feather (1x1 18+) Rayvin and Saffron_Majesty)

She had an arm raised above her head and the other behind her head. Slowly and almost gracefully, she finished stretching and came to rest again at her pillows. One of her wings did the same, extending outward before tucking back in.

Then she heard his question and her face got warmer. She seemed to shy away a moment before returning a tired resemblance of a small smile. Her eyes blinked slowly as she yawned again. “I-I’m good..” she said in a hushed tone.

"Well it's good to see you smile Ophelia." Silas said appreciating the harpy's happiness for a moment. He scribbled on his clipboard some notes about the harpy's progress. "In a few weeks it'll be time for you to pick a foster family." Silas said looking back up at Ophelia. "I'm going to try to get you into functioning shape by then alright? You're a brave woman and you've made so much progress." He said confidently and with pride.

“I... don’t think I’ve done anything..” she rubbed her face and looked up at him. Her eyes looked down, almost in shame. Her hair fell forward in frizzy, wispy locks from her heavy night’s sleep. Her lips weren’t as chapped as they’d been when he first found her now and color had returned to her face.

"Oh come now," Silas said, his Scottish accent becoming more pronounced. "Yesterday was a great leap in progress. In fact it was one of the greatest of see in the time I've been working. You let your emotions flow. Big first step that." Silas complimented Ophelia. "In fact I brought you something as a reward for your good work." Silas said pulling the figs from his bad and holding them out to the harpy.

“All... all I did was cry..” she felt embarrassed now and scratched her head. “And I’ve been here.. sleeping.” Her eyes closed for what felt like a moment. Then she heard Silas going through his bag. Curiously she watched and when she saw the figs presented to her, her smile grew. “For me?..” why would he give her these! She couldn’t believe it!

Silas handed over the figs and closed up his bag. "As I think you may have learned, opening up to someone and allowing yourself to cry is a monumental task. You should be very proud of yourself." Silas said with smile. "I tell you what, you did better than me when I was here, that's for sure." Silas said with a chuckle.

Without pause she started to munch on one of the figs she seemed to zone out as she ate. “I..ive always been a cry..” she inhaled and then sighed. “Cry baby though...” she ate her fig slowly now in more embarrassment.

Silas giggled at Ophelia's carnivore style of fig eating. "You know if you didn't have such beautiful feathers id think you were a wolf." He said witha chuckle. "Crying is easy, but letting real emotions be witnessed by someone other than yourself is a hard thing to do." Silas intoned on a more serious note.

“I couldn’t.. hold it in..” she looked away slightly before putting the rest of her first fig in her mouth. “I...” she started to say something but she stopped herself.

Inside she felt weak.. she wasn’t brave.. she’d tried to run away from those saving her.. she started her second fig.

"And thats okay. You're not week like I'm sure you tell yourself you are." Silas said with an encouraging tone. "You are strong. You held on and here you are today because of it. I know you feel bad now, and you will have to fight it for a long time, but your a wonderful woman and you are very capable." Silas said scribbling on his cliboard.

As Ophelia listened she still had negative thoughts tugging on her conscience. His words did have a weight for them though. She had no idea how but she did survive. That.. horrible place..

She shook her head and quickly shoved a near untouched fig in her mouth.

"Well for the time being we can defeat our bad thoughts with food that we like." Silas said cheerfully. "One day you will be able to look back on everything that has happened and accept it." Silas siad encouragingly. "Now, we have some things to cover today. Are you ready to start?" He asked kindly.

She looked around before nodding. There wasn’t anything else to do.. she didn’t feel like she could say no either..

Her wings shook some, puffing the feathers out before they ‘deflated’ to their normal state. It would take her a minute to finish chewing and swallow the nest whole fig she shoved into her mouth though. Once she’d swallowed, she started eating a third but in reasonable sized bites this time.

"Today is going to be about confidence. Confidence in yourself and confidence in people." Silas said with an apprehensive smile. "You may have difficulty trusting people. It's easy to trust hospital staff like Dr. Pierce and Amelia, but outside in the world, there are no assurances. So you're going to have to learn that most people are actually good people and only one in a million will try to hurt you." Silas looked down at the floor. "I know it's hard. It was hard for me, but fostering comes soon and we need you to be ready." Silas said looking up with a bright smile.

Ophelia looked up at him already feeling a sense of being overwhelmed. The thought of being fostered even though she was past the legal age of being on her own.. Was he going too fast or was she just.. being useless again? As he spoke, her eyes started to drift as she sank into her thoughts. It felt like... there was a shroud surrounding her thoughts. It started to narrow her vision, blocking out anything in her peripherals. Her hearing came next as her consciousness tuned out what was around her. Her own little bubble had surfaced now and she was drifting away in it.

Silas could see that Ophelia had trailed off and stood up. He walked slowly to the side of the bed and waved his hand in front of her face. It took a moment, but she eventually snapped back to him. "I know this feel like a lot. Thats because it it." Silas said with an empathetic smile. "The problem is, you need to be reconditioned to society and the only way for animal based cryptids like us to do that is to learn from a group. The reason that we need to push you from the nest so early is because we are always getting more cases like yours." Silas blushed at his obvious pun. "Just tell me when your ready to move on." He said sitting back down.

Logically, Ophelia knew she had to get better.. but she felt like it was impossible. "I-I.. I'm sorry.." She felt her eyes starting to tear up and that stupid lump rising in her throat again. Her bottom lip barely quivered. She was fighting it and failing at it. Another fig was shoved into her mouth quickly to stop her feelings from taking over. A couple tears still managed to leak their way out and she looked down to pathetically hide it.

Silas sighed. "You'll need to stop saying you're sorry as well. There's nothing to be sorry for." He said. "This sounds really corny, but nothing is impossible when you have friends to support you. I'm you're friend and we'll get through this." Silas got up again and brought a tissue box from the table next to him. "And like I said before, crying is good. It isn't a weakness, it simply means that you are releasing those pent up emotions. You should accept that for the next month, crying will most likely be a normal thing. Just know that I'm not judging you for it." Silas said sympathetically.

"But.." She started to say through a mouthful of fig. It would take her another minute to chew through it enough to swallow it. Once she forced it down she wiped her face with a tissue. She nodded as she let a few more tears fall and sniffled. Her teal hair, fell in front of her face, shading it from him. "I... this is so much.."

"I know I know." Silas said. "Just take a deep breath." He said crouching down next to the bed instead of standing, to reduce his intimidating size. "You didn't want to hear about it and I didn't want to tell you because of how close we still are to recent events, but I think It's time for me to tell you about my experiences." Silas sad willfully. "In a time of emotion and overwhelming thoughts, it does well for someone like you to feel direct sympathy. That sympathy helps you understand that you aren't alone. It was that very thing that helped me the most originally." Silas explained.

To Ophelia he sounded very.. methodical. “If you want to..” she breathed out slowly. She didn’t seem very engaged still. Her body language was very reserved and compact as she sunk into her pillows over time.

"It's only going to work if you're invested in the story." Silas said with a knowing look. "I can see that you're a little reserved about this." Silas scratched his chin for a while as he said this. "What's something you used to do as a kid that made you happy. It could be a small habit, or a game, something close to your heart." Silas asked, trying to break the ice a little further, which was admittedly still very thick.

Her head tilted in thought. Her responses always took some time as she pondered. Ophelia’s eyes slowly made their way over to him. She recalled some of her more innocent times which softened her expression.

“I liked.. going to the flower fields.” She started. “And sitting on our roof..”

Silas nodded. He to had good times that he remembered. One of those, similarly to Ophelia's, was of when he and his family would sit out in the woods at night, listening to the sounds of the forrest. "Do you think it would make you feel more at ease to go sit on the roof?" Silas asked curiously.

Her eyes wandered in thought. She would have loved to but.. the state she was in would make it difficult. Ophelia's head shook at him. It would be impossible for her to get up to any roof like this. Her eyes blinked slowly then, so slowly that she thought she fell asleep for a moment. She picked up her fourth fig and weakly brought it to her mouth.

The urge to stretch came on and slowly her body arched as her arms rolled up and over her head. There was no motion that was out of place or abrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back