• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom October in Eagle Pines [Reboot] - Multifandom

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to Eagle Pines! Set somewhere in the mountainous inland of California, this small town's population is just barely over 15,000 residents. Town features include one joint post office and town hall, one police station, one elementary/middle school hybrid, and one high school. Most shops are located on Main Street, First Street, and Second Street, including one grocery store, two convenience stores, two clothing shops, a handful of restaurants, a hardware store, and a small camping supplies shop, among other mundane farming equipment stores. Eagle Pines gets its name from the mountain it sits at the base of, Eagle Crest, once home to a historic gold mine that started the town up. The town now thrives on its farming and lumber exports, the mine having gone dry long ago. As such, many shops boast a vintage appearance, a callback to the town's origins and making it a historical landmark, the only reason it shows up on any map. Eagle Pines is also home to many trail heads, camp sites, and scenic views of the heavily wooded countryside. A rather large reservoir, know as Lake Eagle, rests on the western border of town, sharing shores with next town over, 50 miles from Eagle Pines town center.

However, something's afoot this particular fall season. The town elders have been making significant purchases from the local hardware store and boarding up their windows, questioning all trespassers, even the mailman. Rumors of dark shapes roaming the woods around the trail up the mountain have been circulating in school, setting local gossip abuzz with who's seen what, and who might be up to something. Very few like to speak of the centennial occurrence, but everything ties in to the local town legend. Stories of beings from other planes of reality appearing in town, tourists and campers never returning from their daily hikes, sounds from the abandoned gold mine that sound like song. What is really going on? What's with this mist? And why can't anyone leave town come October 1st?

Okay! So this is a reboot of a multifandom RP I started up in October 2017 of the same name. This time, though, I'm not going to start in October - the goal is to reach end-game near Halloween, hopefully the day before or the day after.

Premise
This is a multifandom RP that will start out slice-of-life and shift to horror as the plot progresses. The main idea behind the plot is that fandom characters are appearing in the real world, and no one knows why. There are rumors, though, and one of them is the town legend, stating that once every hundred years, in the month of October, beings from other realities appear in town, bringing death and destruction with it.​
There is a reason this happens, and a reason why the town still stands. It's up to the characters, both "real people" oc's and fandom characters, to figure out why.​
OOC Rules/Guidlines
  • If you join this rp, you will be required to post at least twice a week. I realize most of us might have busy schedules and lives to have, so keep that in mind when you're deciding to join.
  • Post minimum will be one paragraph (5+ sentences) per character. There's no character limit, but be aware that the more you take on, the more you'll have to write.
  • For every fandom character you create, you must also make one "real person" character. A "real person" character is a character that is aware of fandoms and the characters in fandoms, or can easily google the fandom characters. Preferably, they're a resident of Eagle Pines, or a visitor to Eagle Pines in the month of October.
  • If you just want a "real person" character, you're not required to make a fandom character. The "real person" character must be an average human (no powers, abnormal abilities, peak condition, etc.)
  • Feel free to make up in-town locations, provided they're reasonable and something that might be needed in a small town. Obviously there's not gonna be a gun and ammunition store - Eagle Pines is a nature reserve and historical landmark, not a hunting grounds.

Character Rules (what you need to know about how powered/super-human characters will be handled)
  • Any physical abilities above peak human condition (i.e. super strength, super speed...) will be dialed back to peak human condition. This is to prevent from Superman simply beating up all the bad guys, and taking all the horror/suspense out of the plot.
  • Anything made by super smart characters has a 50/50 chance of actually being functional. Decisions will be made via coin flip. This is to prevent characters from fashioning guns and/or escape tools out of a paperclip and some chewed bubblegum.
  • Any abilities or equipment that deals with fast travel (i.e. teleportation, TARDIS, portal guns...) will simply not work. This is to prevent characters from simply teleporting out of sticky situations and/or leaving the town. There's a plot-related reason why this happens.
  • Certain abilities and technologies will also be nullified at GM's discretion. Abilities that come to mind would be immortality (conditional or no), omni-anything, cloning, mind control, flight, and any tech that would produce a similar result. Most weapons will also be denied. This is to assist the suspense aspect of the rp. If there's no risk of injury or death, how can you possibly have any buildup?
  • All of the "real world" characters who have been residents of Eagle Pines longer than a year have at some point heard the town legend about October, but most people in town don't believe it. The town legend isn't accessible outside of town, due to the secretive nature of Eagle Pines.
  • Fandom OC's won't be accepted. Every fandom-based character must be google-able and appear in some kind of officially-published media. Headcanons for fandoms are fine, so long as you can provide detailed explanations for the headcanons.

So, yeah! That should cover it! If you have questions, please post below! If you're interested, please post below! Once I have ten interested people, I'll set up the OOC, CS, and IC pages.

Last edited:
Welcome to Eagle Pines! Set somewhere in the mountainous inland of California, this small town's population is just barely over 15,000 residents. Town features include one joint post office and town hall, one police station, one elementary/middle school hybrid, and one high school. Most shops are located on Main Street, First Street, and Second Street, including one grocery store, two convenience stores, two clothing shops, a handful of restaurants, a hardware store, and a small camping supplies shop, among other mundane farming equipment stores. Eagle Pines gets its name from the mountain it sits at the base of, Eagle Crest, once home to a historic gold mine that started the town up. The town now thrives on its farming and lumber exports, the mine having gone dry long ago. As such, many shops boast a vintage appearance, a callback to the town's origins and making it a historical landmark, the only reason it shows up on any map. Eagle Pines is also home to many trail heads, camp sites, and scenic views of the heavily wooded countryside. A rather large reservoir, know as Lake Eagle, rests on the western border of town, sharing shores with next town over, 50 miles from Eagle Pines town center.

However, something's afoot this particular fall season. The town elders have been making significant purchases from the local hardware store and boarding up their windows, questioning all trespassers, even the mailman. Rumors of dark shapes roaming the woods around the trail up the mountain have been circulating in school, setting local gossip abuzz with who's seen what, and who might be up to something. Very few like to speak of the centennial occurrence, but everything ties in to the local town legend. Stories of beings from other planes of reality appearing in town, tourists and campers never returning from their daily hikes, sounds from the abandoned gold mine that sound like song. What is really going on? What's with this mist? And why can't anyone leave town come October 1st?

Okay! So this is a reboot of a multifandom RP I started up in October 2017 of the same name. This time, though, I'm not going to start in October - the goal is to reach end-game near Halloween, hopefully the day before or the day after.

Premise
This is a multifandom RP that will start out slice-of-life and shift to horror as the plot progresses. The main idea behind the plot is that fandom characters are appearing in the real world, and no one knows why. There are rumors, though, and one of them is the town legend, stating that once every hundred years, in the month of October, beings from other realities appear in town, bringing death and destruction with it.​
There is a reason this happens, and a reason why the town still stands. It's up to the characters, both "real people" oc's and fandom characters, to figure out why.​
OOC Rules/Guidlines
  • If you join this rp, you will be required to post at least twice a week. I realize most of us might have busy schedules and lives to have, so keep that in mind when you're deciding to join.
  • Post minimum will be one paragraph (5+ sentences) per character. There's no character limit, but be aware that the more you take on, the more you'll have to write.
  • For every fandom character you create, you must also make one "real person" character. A "real person" character is a character that is aware of fandoms and the characters in fandoms, or can easily google the fandom characters. Preferably, they're a resident of Eagle Pines, or a visitor to Eagle Pines in the month of October.
  • If you just want a "real person" character, you're not required to make a fandom character. The "real person" character must be an average human (no powers, abnormal abilities, peak condition, etc.)
  • Feel free to make up in-town locations, provided they're reasonable and something that might be needed in a small town. Obviously there's not gonna be a gun and ammunition store - Eagle Pines is a nature reserve and historical landmark, not a hunting grounds.

Character Rules (what you need to know about how powered/super-human characters will be handled)
  • Any physical abilities above peak human condition (i.e. super strength, super speed...) will be dialed back to peak human condition. This is to prevent from Superman simply beating up all the bad guys, and taking all the horror/suspense out of the plot.
  • Anything made by super smart characters has a 50/50 chance of actually being functional. Decisions will be made via coin flip. This is to prevent characters from fashioning guns and/or escape tools out of a paperclip and some chewed bubblegum.
  • Any abilities or equipment that deals with fast travel (i.e. teleportation, TARDIS, portal guns...) will simply not work. This is to prevent characters from simply teleporting out of sticky situations and/or leaving the town. There's a plot-related reason why this happens.
  • Certain abilities and technologies will also be nullified at GM's discretion. Abilities that come to mind would be immortality (conditional or no), omni-anything, cloning, mind control, flight, and any tech that would produce a similar result. Most weapons will also be denied. This is to assist the suspense aspect of the rp. If there's no risk of injury or death, how can you possibly have any buildup?
  • All of the "real world" characters who have been residents of Eagle Pines longer than a year have at some point heard the town legend about October, but most people in town don't believe it. The town legend isn't accessible outside of town, due to the secretive nature of Eagle Pines.
  • Fandom OC's won't be accepted. Every fandom-based character must be google-able and appear in some kind of officially-published media. Headcanons for fandoms are fine, so long as you can provide detailed explanations for the headcanons.

So, yeah! That should cover it! If you have questions, please post below! If you're interested, please post below! Once I have ten interested people, I'll set up the OOC, CS, and IC pages.
Interested!

Ooh nice!! Thanks for all the interest!! Who are y’all thinking of playing as?

I'm certain my mascot won't be able to join ( Though I have used him here several times and have had used him for years on other RP platforms ) ... So unless an exception is made... I'll have to get creative:

Either A) Utilize either Aimee Brightower from Galaxy High here , or B) Utilize Timmy Turner.

I'm certain my mascot won't be able to join ( Though I have used him here several times and have had used him for years on other RP platforms ) ... So unless an exception is made... I'll have to get creative:

Either A) Utilize either Aimee Brightower from Galaxy High here , or B) Utilize Timmy Turner.

Who's your mascot?

You can be him, but he won't have access to his powers, as that would derail the entire plot line.

It's fine Noivian . It's honestly better for me to use someone like Aimee honestly . I know you've dealt with someone using Franklin before. I know... Because I'm him.

I was definitely interested last time and I would totally be interested in this again, why didn't you mention me lol? Nah it's fine, I am still in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back