• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Oblivion: Ashes of Tamriel OOC/chat

Haha...now I'm stuck in coming up with powers that can fit a mage...
Would Daedric Summoning be considered OP?

Daedric such as Atronachs, zombies, skeletons and wolves and whatnot? No, not OP. In fact, Dremora/Imp/Clannfear (basically all of Mehrune's daedra) wouldn't be OP either, but I'm sketchy about that since it would kinda conflict with Mehrunes invading Tamriel.

Daedric such as Atronachs, zombies, skeletons and wolves and whatnot? No, not OP. In fact, Dremora/Imp/Clannfear (basically all of Mehrune's daedra) wouldn't be OP either, but I'm sketchy about that since it would kinda conflict with Mehrunes invading Tamriel.
Yeah, I can see where you are coming from.

Screw it, I'll let Dremora and whatnot pass. Technically you could still conjure them up during the Crisis and even in Oblivion so eh. Go ahead.

Screw it, I'll let Dremora and whatnot pass. Technically you could still conjure them up during the Crisis and even in Oblivion so eh. Go ahead.
I have actually thought about Daedric Summoning a little, and here's what I think I could do to make it differ from Conjuration school so someone else can use that if they want, because Conjuration, as stated before, is not just summoning, but reanimation and conjuring bows, swords, armour, etc.
So for the power of Daedric Summoning, it would be less calling forth Daedra from the Oblivion plane, but rather, allowing MC to control a pre-existing Deadra within their sight until the Daedra is killed, breaks free from control, etc. And a drawback to that is you can only control one at any given time, so unless that particular Daedra is dead, the ability cannot be used. And if further drawbacks is necessary, then this ability can only be used once a day. Or it has to be "recharged" like Dragon shouts.
What do you think?

I have actually thought about Daedric Summoning a little, and here's what I think I could do to make it differ from Conjuration school so someone else can use that if they want, because Conjuration, as stated before, is not just summoning, but reanimation and conjuring bows, swords, armour, etc.
So for the power of Daedric Summoning, it would be less calling forth Daedra from the Oblivion plane, but rather, allowing MC to control a pre-existing Deadra within their sight until the Daedra is killed, breaks free from control, etc. And a drawback to that is you can only control one at any given time, so unless that particular Daedra is dead, the ability cannot be used. And if further drawbacks is necessary, then this ability can only be used once a day. Or it has to be "recharged" like Dragon shouts.
What do you think?

So you're thinking about separating Magic and Daedric Summoning(/Manipulation)?

So you're thinking about separating Magic and Daedric Summoning(/Manipulation)?
Yes, I am. Because according to TES lore (as far as I know, anyway), Daedric Summoning is basically opening a portal and dragging a Daedra through whilst forcing your will upon it to control them. If the barrier between the Oblivion Plane and Nirn put there by the Divines is gone, then shouldn't there be repercussions? So I was thinking Daedric Summoning shouldn't be so easy anymore.
If that makes sense...

Yes, I am. Because according to TES lore (as far as I know, anyway), Daedric Summoning is basically opening a portal and dragging a Daedra through whilst forcing your will upon it to control them. If the barrier between the Oblivion Plane and Nirn put there by the Divines is gone, then shouldn't there be repercussions? So I was thinking Daedric Summoning shouldn't be so easy anymore.
If that makes sense...

Actually, since the barrier had disappeared, I think it would be even easier to summon Daedric creatures, since Oblivion and Nirn would be on the verge of becoming one. Although considering such a huge, open portal would be available directly linking to Mehrune's oblivion (the great hole) I think perhaps it would strain an aspiring conjurer more since there would be a much more intense focal point. Kind of like how you can shock somebody with static electricity but get too much electricity and you die. In this scenario, I would be glad to distinguish between Conjuration in general and other Magicks, since Conjuration is in essence just borrowing stuff from Oblivion.

Also, I didn't think about this beforehand since it's largely in the realm of Skyrim, but do you guys think it would be interesting/not-too-seriously-fucking-the-plot to introduce dragons? I just thought about it since destroying the world is kind of Alduin's deal, yet Mehrunes is doing it for him. Plus since Dragons never did truly disappear (as far as I'm knowledgeable, they just lied in wait), Mehrune's Onslaught would ultimately uproot them from whatever places they hid.

Also, I didn't think about this beforehand since it's largely in the realm of Skyrim, but do you guys think it would be interesting/not-too-seriously-fucking-the-plot to introduce dragons? I just thought about it since destroying the world is kind of Alduin's deal, yet Mehrunes is doing it for him. Plus since Dragons never did truly disappear (as far as I'm knowledgeable, they just lied in wait), Mehrune's Onslaught would ultimately uproot them from whatever places they hid.
Alduin was the one reviving the Dragons from their burial mounds. But in that case, that means someone could be the Dragonborn :lenny:? Would be funny to see a Dwemer Dragonborn.
I don't actually mind having Dragons and Alduin involved though. Let's see what the other think. Also, if Alduin returns, then what about Paarthurnax and the Greybeards? Would they be dead or in hiding? Or maybe the siblings have to find their way to Skyrim? The possibilities are endless...

Aaah, yis yis yis.

I think the Greybeards would essentially just give up since they have the "if the world is meant to end, then so be it" mindset. Not entirely sure about Paarthurnax since he's a bit more mysterious, but I personally think they'd definitely survive the original Onslaught since four masters of Thu'um and a damn dragon would be too much just for a mountain. Although then again, decades have passed...

I'm always up for dragons XD
And given the nature of how they returned, it's certainly in the realm of possibility.

Paarthurnax would be fine. He's a Dragon, after all. But the Greybeards might have died of old age if they did survive the Onslaught. Disciples, maybe...? And for some reason I have an image of Smaug sleeping away in Erebor beneath the Misty Mountain when I think of how Paarthurnax might have spent the last few decades. Just without all the gold.

Also, I'll have to post my character sheet tomorrow. The internet just went out over here and I have to save my phone data as much as I can.
Plus formatting on a phone is difficult. :(
Sorry for the delay.

Just realized the Greybeards (at least the four we know of in Skyrim) wouldn't have existed back then, so we could have much more freedom in defining what the Greys would be like.

I wonder what Alduin would be doing...

It's cool Mischa, you ain't gotta sweat it.

Oh yeah, this would be the during the canon Third Era, not the Fourth. I keep forgetting lol. But that just means there wouldn't only be four Greybeards. There might be more since it was in the Fourth Era that their numbers dwindled to just four.
Alduin would still be asleep, supposedly, but if Dagon manage to wake him up, then we can get the Dragons in Nirn.

The Monastery being fully populated by Greybeard masters sounds pretty cool.

I mean after he woke up. Would he battle Mehrunes? Or would he help him? Or just sort of go back to sleep? hmmm... Gotta ask the real questions about life y'know.

The Monastery being fully populated by Greybeard masters sounds pretty cool.

I mean after he woke up. Would he battle Mehrunes? Or would he help him? Or just sort of go back to sleep? hmmm... Gotta ask the real questions about life y'know.

For some reason I kinda feel like they'd be at odds with each other.
Mehrunes wants to destroy the world and overwhelm it with his own forces from his realm of Oblivion, which he has basically successfully done in this role play. Alduin's role is basically that of a giant reset button. He destroys the entire world at a very specific time, which allows it to be recreated and allows it to start over. The whole reason the Dragonborn needed to defeat Alduin was because the dear dragon was doing his job way too early that time. And before that in the past, he was corrupted with wanting to rule over humanity instead.
If Alduin decided to actually do his job during Mehrunes' reign, that would mean all of the Daedric Prince's progress would be lost.

I don't think they'd get along XD

Yo, I need some advice real quick:

I have two different ideas for my character and I'm trying to figure which one is best to implement without being redundant and sacrificing overall usefulness.

1) Idea 1 - Sentinel Char

This character blends warrior/rogue elements and uses a 2 handed blade for reach. They don't really attack alone and prefer to use agility/vision elements to go for weak spots in the armor while the target is focused on someone else.

2) Idea 2 - Unarmed Char.

A straight balls-to-the-wall berserker who just straight up beats and kicks the shit out of enemies without a weapon. Have an aura of terror type power/enhanced limb strength power.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I think being a "balls-to-the-wall" boxer type guy fighting unarmed with his bare hands beating the shit out of demons would be an entertaining sight.

I think being a "balls-to-the-wall" boxer type guy fighting unarmed with his bare hands beating the shit out of demons would be an entertaining sight.

That's exactly what I thought. Plus it makes a bit of sense lore-wise when you consider that the Khajiit are especially good at unarmed combat.

That's exactly what I thought. Plus it makes a bit of sense lore-wise when you consider that the Khajiit are especially good at unarmed combat.
True!
They briefly hinted in Skyrim that there was an order of Khajiit monks who were masters of unarmed combat. You could do something like that :3

True!
They briefly hinted in Skyrim that there was an order of Khajiit monks who were masters of unarmed combat. You could do something like that :3

It was actually Arnbjorn that gave me the idea. Lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back