• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Number Hunters (OOC Chat)

I know why pot of greed was banned. Very well actually... O T K strategies...dear god all the OTK strategies that this card can make work, it's terrifying to think about. Seriously though, I can list of multiple otk strategies that Pot Of Greed either makes MUCH easier, or can make work on a much more consistent basis. Also because Exodia...and yet Exodia's still easy to get out without it.
That's where much differs between my years of dueling and the tournaments way. We (Friends and a few acquaintances) didn't bother with OTK strategies and Exodia cards because back then it was Five pieces of Exodia and you win. We dueled to actually duel for dueling sake. OTK's were and to me are just no fun and takes away from the game imo.

Seeing some simple cards like Pot of Greed and some others banned..... Idk just seems funny to me.

Eh, who really knows dude? I'm sure the people have their reasons for banning the poor card. But you're free to use it in the RP. Because I'm a super nice Kit Kat. XD

Good. I need to re-watch a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh. Arc-V has currently taken over my life at the moment. XD
I never heard it was banned before. Tbh. But true xd

If the Series is good then it makes sense. Yugioh is a classic choice

I never heard it was banned before. Tbh. But true xd

If the Series is good then it makes sense. Yugioh is a classic choice

I never had either until today, to be honest. But yee. XD

Yu-Gi-Oh is really good. Arc-V is pretty good from like the 17 episodes I've seen so far.

It's all because Konami does not know the meaning of balance...or doing things correctly. .-.

Glad I could inspire you. ;p

It seems that they don't, huh?

Haha. You certainly did indeed. A good old mystery RP sounds like it would be a ton of fun.

That's where much differs between my years of dueling and the tournaments way. We (Friends and a few acquaintances) didn't bother with OTK strategies and Exodia cards because back then it was Five pieces of Exodia and you win. We dueled to actually duel for dueling sake. OTK's were and to me are just no fun and takes away from the game imo.

Seeing some simple cards like Pot of Greed and some others banned..... Idk just seems funny to me.
I'd think that too, but, even the simplest of cards can become the most terrifying pure evil things given the right deck... Take THIS card for example.
250px-Lod000.jpeg

Seems weak on its own, but it spawned a deck strategy where your opponent would lose their entire hand, be unable to draw at all, and would have their life points poked away at till death.
latest

Or this card which resets nearly the entire game and was used in BURN decks to repeatedly restart and grab your burn spells/traps and basically instantly destroy them.
latest

latest

Or these cards...you know, the evil jar cards, which are almost all banned because of OTKs.
Simple, but pure evil in a deck BUILT around them.

Yep. :/
Then again that might just be all card games. .-.

Sure does sound like fun, yeah. :p

This is also very true. All card games are like that, I think? I mean, any card can be like used the wrong way or something? It all depends on the person using said card. But I guess I can see why it would be banned.

It really does. I might make one now thanks to you. XD

This is also very true. All card games are like that, I think? I mean, any card can be like used the wrong way or something? It all depends on the person using said card. But I guess I can see why it would be banned.

It really does. I might make one now thanks to you. XD
Yep.

Glad I could help!

I'd think that too, but, even the simplest of cards can become the most terrifying pure evil things given the right deck... Take THIS card for example.
250px-Lod000.jpeg

Seems weak on its own, but it spawned a deck strategy where your opponent would lose their entire hand, be unable to draw at all, and would have their life points poked away at till death.
latest

Or this card which resets nearly the entire game and was used in BURN decks to repeatedly restart and grab your burn spells/traps and basically instantly destroy them.
latest

latest

Or these cards...you know, the evil jar cards, which are almost all banned because of OTKs.
Simple, but pure evil in a deck BUILT around them.
I recall one friend using Cyber jar but his deck was far from the burn strategy, where it's used with other jars and Etc for that Evil effect.

So yeah what you said is true. Can't really disagree there however it just shows the different styles of duelists out there. We found more enjoyment and reason for dueling a full scale duel and dwindling each other's life points down to 0, by besting each other's strongest cards with more long scale strategy and fuller tactics then wiping out folks in a few turns or less with such evil deck types.

I recall one friend using Cyber jar but his deck was far from the burn strategy, where it's used with other jars and Etc for that Evil effect.

So yeah what you said is true. Can't really disagree there however it just shows the different styles of duelists out there. We found more enjoyment and reason for dueling a full scale duel and dwindling each other's life points down to 0, by besting each other's strongest cards with more long scale strategy and fuller tactics then wiping out folks in a few turns or less with such evil deck types.
Yeah...I duel for enjoyment, and these kinds of decks are...well...basically Solitaire. It's not fun to duel with or against, and Konami seems to be unable to get rid of them. Also it was Fiber Jar used for the burn strat, not Cyber Jar. :p Granted even without that strat Fiber Jar is just...pure evil trolling. .-.

Yeah...I duel for enjoyment, and these kinds of decks are...well...basically Solitaire. It's not fun to duel with or against, and Konami seems to be unable to get rid of them. Also it was Fiber Jar used for the burn strat, not Cyber Jar. :p Granted even without that strat Fiber Jar is just...pure evil trolling. .-.
Yeah I agree. It seems like Konami needs a little help there, it's true. Though perhaps simply setting up tournaments strictly for burn decks and different OTKs would be something to try just for the hell of it. Pit all of these kinds of duelists against each other while placing the rest.... Idk.... Not sure where I was going with that Idea now. But true the style of dueling with Otks are just..... A waste of fun and lacks some features.

Haha true but Jars together add to some annoying tactics. Cyber Jar was annoying enough without countering it with back up tactics and prepping for it.

But for this RP, if y'all want some banned cards, then let there be banned cards. XD

You really did.
I'll have to check each deck and see what's banned, etc. I just chose deck types I'd enjoy and fit the character some how. While also in some cases building a character around a said deck type. None of them have the power of some others but fit my personal interests in Archetypes.

But cool xd

Also SolemnSongbird SolemnSongbird I'll respond soon in the Rp . Just need to eat something first to clear out the hunger alerts I'm getting

What's a little RP without regretting making certain choices? XD

Accidental inspiration happens all the time between friends and myself.
An RP that isn't nearly as fun, that's what it is. :p

Accidental inspiration can lead to the most amazing things sometimes.
Yeah I agree. It seems like Konami needs a little help there, it's true. Though perhaps simply setting up tournaments strictly for burn decks and different OTKs would be something to try just for the hell of it. Pit all of these kinds of duelists against each other while placing the rest.... Idk.... Not sure where I was going with that Idea now. But true the style of dueling with Otks are just..... A waste of fun and lacks some features.

Haha true but Jars together add to some annoying tactics. Cyber Jar was annoying enough without countering it with back up tactics and prepping for it.
An OTK tournament wouldn't work because...well...nearly all OTK decks win first turn...before the opponent can even get a turn...meaning that it's whoever goes first wins. @.@

And yeah, Jars are evil...hilarious, but evil. (I actually love Fiber Jar because resetting the game is hilarious, but, even I have to admit that it being banned is a REALLY good thing)

An RP that isn't nearly as fun, that's what it is. :p

Accidental inspiration can lead to the most amazing things sometimes.

An OTK tournament wouldn't work because...well...nearly all OTK decks win first turn...before the opponent can even get a turn...meaning that it's whoever goes first wins. @.@

And yeah, Jars are evil...hilarious, but evil. (I actually love Fiber Jar because resetting the game is hilarious, but, even I have to admit that it being banned is a REALLY good thing)
Exactly haha maybe that will change things a tad. But like I said idk where I was ending up with the idea. Just a sudden idea I posted.

Yep hilarious but annoying as well, a double edge sword. I think the only cards with "Jar" in the name I used were of the spell and trap variety, even then only a occasional pot of Greed or jar of Greed. Never relied on them but helped if my hand was crap and needed a hopeful boost.

Exactly haha maybe that will change things a tad. But like I said idk where I was ending up with the idea. Just a sudden idea I posted.

Yep hilarious but annoying. I think the only cards with "Jar" in the name I used were of the spell and trap variety, even then only a occasional pot of Greed or jar of Greed. Never relied on them but helped if my hand was crap and needed a hopeful boost.
Yeah. :p

Here's a good jar you should try using, Jar of Avarice! It recycles 5 cards from your grave back into your deck and gives you a draw. All in all a pretty good draw card.

Prepare yourself, I'm about to drop some mad nerd bombs on y'all.

Pot of Greed was banned because it's a free +1 with literally zero drawbacks. All you'd have to do is play it and bam, you turned one card into two that could potentially alter the outcome of the game. In more modern eras, it would allow players to get to their combo pieces earlier since it essentially lowers your deck size by nine cards. That's why cards like upstart goblin were ran so often for a good while; on the surface, Upstart just replaces itself and gives your opponent 1000 free LP, but it was still insanely powerful simply because it shrunk your deck size.

Most modern draw power has certain conditions that need filling or some kind of drawback, like upstart goblin, and it's still king. No way are they ever gonna let Pot of Greed off the banlist.

Most modern draw power has certain conditions that need filling or some kind of drawback
*coughs* Maxx "C", One Day Of Peace, Pot Of Acquisitiveness, Jar of Avarice *coughs*
Other than those cards which are literally only plusses I'll agree with you on that...well and archetype specific things like Yang Zing Path.
Although debatably Maxx "C" has somewhat of a drawback...if you're playing against the literal 1 normal summon only deck used in the current format. :p

*coughs* Maxx "C", One Day Of Peace, Pot Of Acquisitiveness, Jar of Avarice *coughs*
Other than those cards which are literally only plusses I'll agree with you on that...well and archetype specific things like Yang Zing Path.
Although debatably Maxx "C" has somewhat of a drawback...if you're playing against the literal 1 normal summon only deck used in the current format. :p
One day of Peace prevents all damage for two turns, which is "technically" a drawback since it means you can't zero your opponent's LP, Pot of Acquisitiveness requires you to have three banned monsters meaning it's useless in a deck that doesn't banish its own cards, and Jar of Avarice is on the banlist. EDIT: Pardon, POT of Avarice is on the banlist, not jar. Though jar IS a trap card, meaning you gotta wait a turn to use it.
But yeah, Maxx C is nonsense, though the opponent could technically stop you from doing anything other than replacing it simply by not special summoning anymore.

One day of Peace prevents all damage for two turns, which is "technically" a drawback since it means you can't zero your opponent's LP, Pot of Acquisitiveness requires you to have three banned monsters meaning it's useless in a deck that doesn't banish its own cards, and Jar of Avarice is on the banlist.
But yeah, Maxx C is nonsense, though the opponent could technically stop you from doing anything other than replacing it simply by not special summoning anymore.
Yeah. :p Also...One Day of Peace is almost always used as self protection, but I'll give you that. Jar of Avarice isn't on the banlist, that's POT of Avarice. And pot of Acquisitiveness, fair point, but in those decks it's a straight plus...and to be fair it has it's place.
And yes, Maxx C is ridiculous.

Yeah. :p

Here's a good jar you should try using, Jar of Avarice! It recycles 5 cards from your grave back into your deck and gives you a draw. All in all a pretty good draw card.
That sounds like a good card for a old school duelist, I think I have it in Rl. It would fit nicely with a fusion heavy deck like jadens Hero archetype. Allows potential for some other fusions with prior used materials and the needed spells etc.

One day of Peace prevents all damage for two turns, which is "technically" a drawback since it means you can't zero your opponent's LP, Pot of Acquisitiveness requires you to have three banned monsters meaning it's useless in a deck that doesn't banish its own cards, and Jar of Avarice is on the banlist. EDIT: Pardon, POT of Avarice is on the banlist, not jar. Though jar IS a trap card, meaning you gotta wait a turn to use it.
Prepare yourself, I'm about to drop some mad nerd bombs on y'all.

Pot of Greed was banned because it's a free +1 with literally zero drawbacks. All you'd have to do is play it and bam, you turned one card into two that could potentially alter the outcome of the game. In more modern eras, it would allow players to get to their combo pieces earlier since it essentially lowers your deck size by nine cards. That's why cards like upstart goblin were ran so often for a good while; on the surface, Upstart just replaces itself and gives your opponent 1000 free LP, but it was still insanely powerful simply because it shrunk your deck size.

Most modern draw power has certain conditions that need filling or some kind of drawback, like upstart goblin, and it's still king. No way are they ever gonna let Pot of Greed off the banlist.
Yeah I read that in the forum as well. Just from a old school and different point of view for duels and tactical preference. I'd see the cause but still see it sad and funny.

Yeah. :p Also...One Day of Peace is almost always used as self protection, but I'll give you that. Jar of Avarice isn't on the banlist, that's POT of Avarice. And pot of Acquisitiveness, fair point, but in those decks it's a straight plus...and to be fair it has it's place.
And yes, Maxx C is ridiculous.
U rite, my bad of the pot/jar thing. I can't think of many modern archetypes that banish their cards without actually wanting them banished, meaning Acquisitiveness could actually slow your combos down. Shiranui maybe? I dunno.

U rite, my bad of the pot/jar thing. I can't think of many modern archetypes that banish their cards without actually wanting them banished, meaning Acquisitiveness could actually slow your combos down. Shiranui maybe? I dunno.
...D/D. Quasar Turbo decks. Other things I can't remember. Granted they'll usually use D.D.R to special summon them instead, but, point still stands somewhat. :p And...actually yeah, Shiranui too. .-.
That sounds like a good card for a old school duelist, I think I have it in Rl. It would fit nicely with a fusion heavy deck like jadens Hero archetype. Allows potential for some other fusions with prior used materials and the needed spells etc.
Yeah. :p It's a slow card now, but it's still not that bad.

Kissanime right? Kit-Kat Kit-Kat For some reason Yugioh. Com is still having issues with certain episodes and watching them. Mostly Zexal and Arc V from those I've tried. Some GX. Haven't tried Five D's though. But Original and most of GX seems to work fine there. So far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back