• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Nonsuch Manor Academy: OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Blemmigan

Illusion is eternity. Machines will live forever.
It's the one-stop shop for questions, discussion and ideas related to the main role play, or asking about your character sheets/preferred digimon choices. That's a run-on sentence.

Alright, and I have another question. When you say on the CS that they aren't like "Organic" digipartners dynamic wise what do mean exactly? They just aren't very happy creatures from the get-go as oppose to the show where they're all happy to see their partners?

Essentially that they didn't choose to be partnered with humans at all, or at least not these ones. Each of them made their way through to our world through the gates, whether by accident or intentionally, and were captured for the purpose of making them into digimon partners.

Of course, it's definitely possible that some of them specifically travelled to the real world to find human friends/allies, or wanted to become stronger that way, and are delighted that it's actually happened! But they could just as easily be scared, reluctant, suspicious or angry at what's happened to them. Some may also have been treated more harshly than others, being subject to tests as the foundation try and learn more about digimon and how useful they can be.
The digivices also will be artificial, with potential to "go wrong", or cause errors in evolution or how the digimon behave.

Basically it's up to you, both what kind of attitude the digimon has, and even how deeply you want to get into the whole thing! The main thing is that it's not the kind of "we've been waiting for these humans since we hatched and it's destiny that we'll be together" like in Adventure.

Blemmigan Blemmigan Would it be possible to reserve a spot in advance, or is it first come, first served?

I’ll reserve a spot until Saturday (or until Saturday is over)- but I think I ought to close it for now otherwise- thanks everyone!

The same for Shiyonichi Shiyonichi if you’d still like to call on your reservation for Dorumon, and Peaceful-Crow Peaceful-Crow who replied to the original thread. If you’re not interested/able then no problem either! Just let me know.

If neither are interested and someone else is, that’s one more spot if someone wants it. With all three that’s seven places, but I’ll stretch to that. The main reason for the limited spaces is to better keep track of people and give all the characters attention, rather than any particular plot reason! I have a short attention spa

Last edited:
I'll just assume that all the other students that chosen for the school are English, but aren't good enough to get picked for the Secret Digimon Project :v
coming over here, taking our digimon

ALSO!: I hope to start soon (I was planning on today, but things came up)- sorry about that! I definitely haven't forgotten, though.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 's character sheet is still a WIP but other than that I'll close character applications. So that (hopefully) makes six! That's handy.

Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot The problem is... that I am very easily flattered.
And also because the CS had a lot of thought and care put into it (or the illusion of thought of care at least, which is just as important).
And also because Tapirmon is one of my favourite digimon, so I'm biased there too.
So I can't help but accept Boris! Although it may be an idea to change Wizardmon to Sourcerimon, as Impmon already has that evolution (even though the later forms so branch off again).

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 's is still a WIP (and they haven't posted here/in the interest thread either to let me know when they'd be around), so even if I was going to hold that spot and wait around specifically, I wouldn't know how to long to wait for. So if you let me know when you're around/if you're still interested, that'd be grand, but I'll do my best to actually! Start! Come on!
(FanBeemon is my other favourite digimon, as it happens. Although, no TigerVespamon? I'll overlook it.)

NOTES:
(a) The Champion form is interchangeable. I have an idea that it changes based on the dominant emotion at the time of Digivolution, as a reflection of Boris' emotional state. Wizardmon would be the true form, but Sorcerimon would be an alternative evolution, not evil per se, but much colder and unpleasant than Wizardmon, which would be a reflection of Boris' emotional issues.
(b) The same, only Piedmon would be a truly evil Mega Evolution, something like SkullGreymon was to Greymon and Megidramon was to WarGrowlmon.
(c) I picked AncientWisemon because he fits best, but also since I checked that other people also used very strong Mega Digimon (p.e. Crusadermon is a Royal Knight, Machinderamon is a Dark Master, Anubismon is a God Digimon and Beelzemon is one of the Demon Lords, who are equally powerful as the Ancient Warriors), which is why I hope it can stay, as a slightly weaker version than the original AncientWisemon.

(While I'm here!)

a) The plan is for evolution to be a bit more flexible than it may be otherwise (what with these being man-made digivices and artificial partnerships)- aside from the Wizarmon doubling up. Which I don't mind per se (as the child/ultimate forms are different) but it'd probably be better to keep everyone's "main evo" choices different. Maybe there'll be scope in the future for some kind of error where the two digimon swap evolutions temporarily, but don't worry, that's not a given! It depends on the plot, on everyone else, and basically it's just an example of potential Wackiness(TM)

b) Again, basically there's more scope for things to go "wrong". This applies for everyone, in case I don't end up making it clear somehow in-RP. I always liked how digimon in the games had potential to evolve into all kinds of different things, moreso if it was expressed as a kind of "glitch" (such as SkullGreymon, again).

c) Final forms will (hopefully) take a while to reach, and so long as everyone resists the urge to be ridiculously OP, then I don't mind at all if the mega forms wind up being "legendary type ones. Plus the glitchiness aspect helps to handwave some of that in the name of fun. The only thing I was against was the rookie levels being clearly legendary or overpowered, because anything that strong would likely destroy the entire manor and the paperwork would be a nightmare. Nope, those guys have been booted back into the Digital World. I sure hope they don't pop up again later.

OKAY I've been writing the rest of the NPC/lore stuff I needed.

Basically it's a note of the Nonsuch Manor staff that the kids will be interacting with, and posting the names of the previous DigiDestined and the digimon they fought.
Obviously nobody apart from FIREWALL will know of the DigiDestined as being anything more than missing children (nobody even knows Digimon are real, even if they saw the video and were enough of a Digimon fan to recognise the monsters), but it's more for background info.

And as an aside... "DigiDestined" or "Chosen Child"? "Digivolution" or "Evolution"? Both are possible depending on the translation.

FIREWALL are likely to use the latter, rather than the former. The reasoning being that it sounds less "fun", and they're at least trying to be serious about the whole thing. However, as Digimon exists as games and a TV show in this world, the words from that tend to sneak in, and it's more than possible that the students use those words. Particularly if they want it to sound less clinical and more fun.
In summary: your character can use whichever words you like. Throw those "Digi"s around all you want!

Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot The problem is... that I am very easily flattered.
And also because the CS had a lot of thought and care put into it (or the illusion of thought of care at least, which is just as important).
And also because Tapirmon is one of my favourite digimon, so I'm biased there too.
So I can't help but accept Boris! Although it may be an idea to change Wizardmon to Sourcerimon, as Impmon already has that evolution (even though the later forms so branch off again).

Thank you so very much :3 I'm looking forward to this!!! Can't wait! :)

I've edited Wizardom out, per the reasons stated above. As for AncientWisemon, I just adore both Wisemon and him and I'll, of course, tone down his powers so to not make him OP and more in accordance with this RP (because, well, he's basically omnipotent, so it's quite easy to adapt his powers to fit a certain setting!) :D You've really made me happy, since I've had a couple of situations where I came a couple of days late and got rejected, so yeah - this is really good news for me ^^ Thank you :D

Oh, and yes... Boris... well, he's Russian Soul type of character (don't know how well you're acquainted with the term, but it's present in literal theory and in Russian literature), a cold and distant, demonic sort of character that actually has big idealism in him. He's also something I haven't done before, since I used to make a stereotyped central character that is in some way similar to Boris, but much more normal. Boris has been crafted with much emotion, yes, and I am happy you noticed that (^^) and he is also new territory for me, which is why I am excited to develop him further!

Can't wait to start :)

Is it safe to assume that this is like the Tamers setting then?

Pretty much based on that concept, yes: digimon slipping through, with the lines blurred between whether digimon modelled themselves on the fictional characters, or if the fictional characters were created based on existing digimon. Either way, data and information have power enough to be given form.

Insert some damning statement about the information age here. Oooh, those darn computers.

FINALLY. A post in the main topic. It's getting started. Setting the scene. I'll guide things through the teachers and setting posts, adding to the plot and responding to how you interact with the environment, but the six students are the stars of the show, so have fun.

Currently it's just establishing everyone's arrival, mingling, getting ready to be formally welcomed. Pay no attention to the madman on the balcony.

Blemmigan Blemmigan May I ask... whom are you playing? :O I mean, did I miss your character sheet somewhere or is there some concept I am not aware of? :O Because, I mean... I'd like to get to know all the people :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back