• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy β” ππŽπ‚π“π”π‘ππ„ || 𝐒𝐜

Characters
Here

elanara

tumblr_ptj8xh0Mte1x61ieeo1_500.gif

ππŽπ‚π“π”π‘ππ„
a medieval fantasy roleplay
brought to you by 𝒆𝒍

π‘π„π‚π‘π”πˆπ“ || 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

Last edited:
tumblr_pjc4u5yzE91xep8sgo1_400.gif
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π’π“πŽπ‘π˜​

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑽𝑬𝑰𝑳
The Veil is a secret organization of monster hunters headquartered in Rome. Their network extends all across Europe, North Africa, and even parts of Western Asia, from the coasts of Spain all the way to the far reaches of the Ottoman Empire and beyond. For centuries they have protected the world from all kinds of dangers that lurk in the shadows: vampires, werewolves, goblins, ghouls, demons, devourers, strigas, cemetaurs, and so on and so on. Chances are, if you’ve heard or read about any kind of mean ugly monster in a bedtime story, they’re real. You just don’t know about it, because our homies @ Veil HQ are out here makin shit happen.

Being a member of The Veil requires years of training - where, sadly, not everyone survives - as well as enormous amounts of sacrifice. It is an extremely dangerous way of life filled with plenty of pain and sorrow and, of course, death. Don't worry though, there will be plenty of happy moments squeezed in between. Still - in this organization, only a slim few are lucky enough to survive into old age. Recruits typically join as children, though some join during their adolescent years. Some, also, are born into it. In those instances, The Veil has been the only thing they've ever known.

There are three very important rules to The Veil. Breaking these rules means punishment, and punishment means, well, death. They are as follows:

One. Never abandon The Veil. Once you join, you join for life. You must relinquish any ties to your old life, including any and all connections with your friends and family. This is to ensure their safety, as well as preventing sensitive information regarding The Veil or the supernatural in general leaking out into the everyday world.

Two. Never reveal The Veil’s secrets. No you can’t go around town telling people vampires exist. First of all no one is gonna believe you, and second of all doing so would be considered a major breach in Veil security. The Elders will make sure to shut that shit down immediately.

Three. Never kill on neutral grounds. This is a huuuge no-no. The Elders consider neutral grounds to be very sacred. Anyone that's ever broken this rule has always been executed on the spot.

Very rarely does anyone break the rules. It happens once every twenty or thirty years.

𝑬𝑼𝑹𝑢𝑷𝑬 - πŸπŸ‘πŸ“πŸ‘
After many long years the Plague is beginning to finally wind down. Because the members of The Veil are mortal beings, however, a lot of them ended up catching the disease and dying from it #rip. Due to this, The Veil's ability to eliminate supernatural threats across Europe has steeply declined over the past decade. As a result, a whoooole lotta supernatural's have been running amok doing all sorts of crazy ass shit. Not to mention the deaths of just about two-hundred-million souls brought about a sudden, rather massive spike in the supernatural population. More specifically, the vampire population.

To deal with the problem, The Elders have begrudgingly passed a new rule stating that "friendly" members of the supernatural community may work with members of The Veil in order to keep things under control. Note - they never said they could join, they just said they could help. Key word to remember there.

All in all, many of The Veil's hunters haven't responded well to this. Who can blame them really, when after spending their whole lives being taught to hate and kill their enemies, they are now being told to work alongside them? While there are some who understand allying with other supernaturals is a worthwhile cause, there are still plenty of others that strongly believe the opposite. So far, the subject alone has been the cause of many heated arguments. But nothing more.

At least, not yet.

Last edited:
𝐁𝐄 πŠπˆππƒ.
I really do not want to have any drama in the ooc.
If I catch you actin shady I'm just going to kick you out. Capiche?
That being said, drama IC between characters is
more than welcome lol.

𝐎𝐍 π‡πˆπ’π“πŽπ‘πˆπ‚π€π‹ π€π‚π‚π”π‘π€π‚π˜.
Guys, I'm a bored college student that is definitely not
majoring in history. You don't have to be an expert,
but try to stay as accurate as possible when it comes to dress
and dialogue.

π‡πŽπ– π“πŽ π‰πŽπˆπ.
If you're interested in the roleplay, feel free to hop over
to the character thread for more information
on how to apply!

ππŽπ’π“πˆππ†.
Post length should be no shorter than two
meaty paragraphs. As far as post length is concerned, feel free
to write as much as you want! There really are no set limits here. I want this to be
relaxing and enjoyable and not feel like a chore. In terms of
post frequency, I ask that you make time to post
at least once every ten days.

π…πŽπ‘πŒπ€π“π“πˆππ†.
I couldn't give a single fuck about how pretty something looks.
If you want to make your posts look fancy be my guest. I wont complain.
But all I care about is writing. My only request is that you don't use super
small text for your posts, and do not use blinding colors
for dialogue. My eyes are going bad LOL and I'd rather not
squint in order to read.

π†π‡πŽπ’π“πˆππ†.
If you feel like ditching, that's cool with me!
I wont hold it against you at all, promise! But do
know that if you go quiet and I don't hear from you within
a week, I will kill your character off and use their death
as a plot device. If, for whatever reason, you need to take a
break from the rp, just reach out and tell me!
We all have lives that take precedence over the internet.
We all need time and space to clear our heads!

π‹πŽπ‘π„.
To make things easy, lore will be used from
The Witcher and other similar sources. We will also
be coming up with our own lore as the need arises!

Last edited:
π’π„π“π“πˆππ†.

𝑹𝑢𝑴𝑬

Last edited:
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒​

Last edited:
π€π‘π‚π‡πˆπ•π„π’​

Last edited:
𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃​

Last edited:
𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃​

Last edited: