• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Noble Houses, Bloodshed, and Treachery.

@DalamusUlom , could my house be the one that almost caused ruin to yours?
Technically his house has fallen into ruin several times, so he could easily have multiple beefs.
Hell if we're looking at multiple beef here I'm willing to throw House Estley into the mix!
Hell, I've currently got twelve near house extinctions, with about six of them being caused by other houses. With KameChan KameChan and RayPurchase RayPurchase , that'd leave four open for whoever else wants to be a nemesis of House Veritun, and allow me to figure out about where the so called "Vampire's Hold" resides.

Uhhh I know this is like stupid but I forgot that I had other ideas and to move on to offering them instead of leaving , it's a habit...

Anyways your rp was way better than everyone else and I was hoping to least offer my other options

Uhhh I know this is like stupid but I forgot that I had other ideas and to move on to offering them instead of leaving , it's a habit...

Anyways your rp was way better than everyone else and I was hoping to least offer my other options

Go for it

House Corvus is open to allies and enemies among the Great Houses, so if anyone comes up with something and wants to include them, just let me know.

At the same time i’d Like to inquire about any secrets you all might have that you’d be willing to give me for my character in order to add to plots, lore, relations, and such things.

I mean, I'm willing to join up with any House, though I would be honored to become part of House Corvus if LadyOfStars LadyOfStars allowed me
Well that depends on what kind of role you want to play. Tenebrous doesn’t have any siblings, but cousins could be worked into his lineage. Or did you have an interest in playing a member of the Vulpes’ Blades?

Well that depends on what kind of role you want to play. Tenebrous doesn’t have any siblings, but cousins could be worked into his lineage. Or did you have an interest in playing a member of the Vulpes’ Blades?

That could’ve interesting. Like the chief blade under tenebrous?

House of Xonia
Capture+_2019-05-01-17-06-45(1).png
The Xonia’s were originally nomadic people that had tribes spread out across the western region.

They did things like farming and herding until some of the tribes decided to start banding together. Their power started to grow as more of the tribes started to join. The people created the house called Suncrest. At first, they were still nomadic but quickly found a good spot and decided to settle. They rapidly grew from nomadic to a kingdom level over a span of a few decades.

The people didn't elect or choose who to be the leader it was by royal blood. The people of Suncrest respected the leaders that they had although they had a few bad ones. The bad leaders were mysteriously killed or they disappeared leading to bad leaders being scarce in there history. The last leader had kept things improving. He helped create new jobs for the people to do, in battles in which he fought and helped his soldiers and he just helped the kingdom overall.

He soon changed and things under the influence of his advisers and things started to go for the worst. It turned out the king was actually an enemy whose main goal was to control the kingdom by working his way to the top. He did this because a kingdom told the king that he should become the leader so the other kingdom can join and rule equally when in reality they wanted to control Suncrest. The people couldn't do anything about it because the people would get killed if they said anything bad about the house of Suncrest or him.

A few people had enough and they decided to form an underground group named Xonia and the people Xonia’s lead by the soon to be leader Aron (pronounced Aaron).

Aaron was your average blacksmith. He was raised in a pleasant household, not to rough of an upbringing as his parents were also fellow blacksmiths as well. He was a studios man, caring only about perfecting his craft. A lot of townsfolk knew him as a naturally strong leader. When he heard the royalty make a new ruling he decided to take charge. He wasn’t fond of the idea that he would have to pay a 500 coin upcharge to use his own smith. At first, he voiced his anger towards the idea at the parliament. But they refused, stating “We don’t listen to bottom feeders who look like dirt boy" This made him upset since he was treated wrongly. It made him realize that the king and guards didn't really care about the people this highly influenced him to make Xonia.

Soon after the fateful interaction, he formed a group called the Xonia’s. He didn’t plan on claiming the role of a leader, but seeing the progress he gave towards the cause, naturally, the townspeople allowed the title to fall in his favor.

People were invited carefully and cautiously so they wouldn't get caught. People started to appear in the group one by one day by day with more people joining per day. They started to steal and make weapons and armor for their uprising. They managed to support almost there a whole entire group with the weapons and a bit less with the armor they decided that at night they would launch their attack. When night time came they charged where the leader was located and killed or injured most of the guards that were guarding. They lead their attack led by Aron and managed to kill the leader. They celebrated when everyone that was on the opposing side surrendered, and after the victory, they elected Aron as the new leader who renamed the house to The House of Xonia.

The military is mixed with cavalry and infantry the numbers are average size army a little bit on the lower side in numbers. They help balance that with having both cavalry and infantry train until they are pretty skilled in fighting. The plains allow them to have horses and easy training since there is no rugged land. The infantry has a shield and a short sword with some medium-heavy armor on as the cavalry would wear light armor, a shield on there back in case their horse dies or they get knocked off and a spear or shield. Both Cavalry and Infantry use daggers as secondaries.

Last edited:
That could’ve interesting. Like the chief blade under tenebrous?
Exemplar of The Blades. The go between for communications between Tenebrous and lower ranking members of the Vulpes’ Blades. They’d have to be a skilled spy and assassin, as well as meet the basic and extreme requirements of the organization. No family, no loved ones, proven loyalty.

The role is open.

House of Chaos

Being one of the first houses to be created the location of the foundation was unknown specifically but was started as a horde a century ago around the western region but the troops came from everywhere they pillaged and raided. For a entire century was of decimation, ruin, and especially chaos. The only benefits were that the chaos army was based on the survival of the fittest and the army despite its large numbers intake had only ten thousand fighters at its peak, but they had about a 10:1 ratio in the killings which makes the requirement of numbers compensated ....

Later on in the end of the last century technology has surpassed the horde and they crumbled soon later as civilization started . From the falling of chaos two types of people came from the ashes , the hardblood which are the remains of the horde that still practice and follow their ways of combat but are no longer a horde and are stuck occupying ruined kingdoms near the center of the map as a mere shadow of the horde they once used to be. Then came the softbloods. Those people have abandoned the ways of the horde and decided to prop up civilizations in all four corners , the north, south, east and west they migrated to make houses of their own. From there they develop and advance as the hardbloods still are stuck to iron Age technology.

Taking refuge in the ruins of fallen kingdoms they once conquered the hardbloods live in poverty and mostly makeshift shacks where they hunt for local prey to eat. Tournaments still go on daily between fighters for whatever reason from thievery to mating rights. The king is Karn and the son/heir is named Wolf. Karn is relatively a protective and cautious individual that doesent want to be exposed and have the rest of his clan slain by the advanced outsiders so he lays low for the duration of his reign as he earned his title from being the grandson of a commanding horde chief. Wolf on the other hand is a expansionist leader that is favored by the people and the want to take back what is 'rightfully ' theirs long ago.
What the horde of chaos warriors looked like
Heir: Wolf
Warchief Commander: Karn
Ruins and makeshift houses

Last edited:
Is this open to anyone else? I don't wanna make a house, but I'd rather join one as perhaps an exiled prince.

For politics, you’ll just want to ask around and look at some of the other bios.

Your house is one of the oldest in the current lore, and was loyal to the king, this could put you in historical opposition to houses like Erio ( KameChan KameChan ) and Ambercrown ( Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford ) who resisted to the last. And I believe you’re closest on the map to house Corvus ( LadyOfStars LadyOfStars ).

When I wrote the 3rd generation Lidall swore an oath to the king I meant the 1st king of the current dynasty, though I could easily change it to 30th generation Lidall depending on how old current lore is. Time scaling isn't my specialty =P Given 200 years, they're probably at their 12th or 13th generation based on what I'd written. Old, but not ancient family material. The people of Crescent Hallows, on the other hand, is a different matter. Can't say I planned much about their affiliations prior to the current dynasty...but historic opposition is certainly possible.

House Name:
House Estley

Titles:
Lord of the Korkari
Warden of the Rock
Guardian of the Bay of Estley

Holdings:
Bay of Estley
The Korkari Highlands

House Sigil:
_VcD6Py4MKZmQIrEcHI1SYz_xDBrb4cNU1FDaXnUWtnnqAks6B-rAL77cMEXGzePdrDuTiu0FQhsjePOPqalzmbRT3UVctqgt30Gx3SgqMB9SykCUyg3Z6PeGNMfx9Lv4m0po13X2_DK3deB

House Words:
By Deeds Alone

The Rock (Seat of the House):
A true statement of practicality over all else, including comfort and beauty. The rock is a near impenetrable fortress, jutting out over the Bay of Estley, not just controlling access to the port, but also allowing for control over the Land surrounding it and providing a base and home for Lord Estley and his army. The only entrance is over a narrow causeway, the cliff below it having fallen away long ago, leaving The Rock as an isolated outcrop, hence its rather unoriginal name.

Pphd0V8p_DqYDHgCPS6wqeiV5xfGWx1A9e_Wv-85BGb8_ito8GQos6yMmY-FT817H-rmFx0Qz4GWJVV8XtAShKqk8O2AVKtcpN-rO4YMYM-78iStjfJzxbMXrDzxtFPVsgdVZNkzkLH6BjTm

History of the Lands:

House Estley first arose on the shores of Estley Bay over 200 years ago, a naturally formed bay which had long been famed as providing a safe deep harbour amongst the rough terrain of the coast. Several fishing villages already existed, dotted along the stretch of coastline. Their first seat was a simple wooden motte and bailey castle that was constructed, giving them control over the multiple villages that dotted the bay. Their inland holdings, the Korkari Highlands, were relatively poor, being rocky and windswept proving to be of little use for agriculture due to its poor fertility, and whilst their were several rich iron veins which are still mined to this day, there was little in the way of any precious metals or other exportable goods. With the bay under their control though, they were not only able to satisfy their food requirements through the fishing villages but were also to build up a financial base from the traders who used the shelter of the bay.

This smattering of villages eventually grew into a bustling trading town, providing economic security for the area. With the coming of the current ruling family and the uniting of the Kingdoms, House Estley planted their banner against this unification, having held the mantle of King of the Korkari, the people here were notoriously independent, with their own customs and manners, which the Estleys also followed. Given the rough terrain and the string of forts and holdfasts present in their domain, they were able to hold out against the invaders for many years. After numerous losses in the highlands however, the aggressors struck at House Estley’s weak point, they bay. With the towns and villages seized their wealth and supplies were cut off. Soon the defenders were starved out of the wilds, and retreated to The Rock, the last stronghold that stood against the invaders. Recognising that to try and rule through domination over the Highlands and the bay would doom the Land to guerrilla warfare and constant low-level disobedience, as well as the fact that taking The Rock would cost huge numbers of men. As such an offer was made, House Estley would keep their holdings of the Bay and the surrounding Highlands. This has not lessened the hatred that the Korkari people and House Estley feel towards those that they feel are their oppressors. Their pride and independence still blazing strongly, as such they are deeply mistrustful of outsiders and other Houses, especially outside of the trading areas. Whilst they have not raised their flag in open rebellion over the past 200 years, they have however harboured their scorn towards those they consider to be their oppressors.

Over the years the trading towns eventually joined together to form the Port Trading City of Korhaven. It may not be the biggest or richest cities of the kingdom; however it is still a sizeable sized settlement, and brings in a healthy amount of money for the House. Outside of Korhaven however there are no major settlements, or anything above a small town in the Highlands, what there are however are a larger than normal number of forts and castles, a leftover of the Highland’s more militarised and lawless history before the unification of the kingdoms. Whilst this means that the Land is well defended, the population is smaller than the size of the lands would normally be able to support elsewhere.

The lands of House Estley lie on the north western coast of the Kingdom

Military:

Given the smaller population from which to draw upon, House Estley is unable to call forth hordes of soldiers. However they have made up for this with a more professional standing army, able to equip them from the iron mines that dot the Land. Given the rough terrain being unsuitable for the maintenance of horses, they are unable to field cavalry forces of any real size, and the terrain itself does not lend it self well to cavalry combat, lacking the wide-open space and plains to make use of charges effectively. This does mean that they focus near solely on infantry combat, able to field well equipped and trained regiments. The Korkari armies are personified by their heavily armoured infantry, their primary weapon being a 6ft iron topped halberd.
The elite of the army, that the rest if formed around are the Hearth Guard, more heavily armoured than the standard soldiery with their heavy plate, and kept on retainer, constantly training and fighting. Their primary armament is the same as many other soldiers with the halberd, excelling at dispatching cavalry. As a secondary weapon they also carry war hammers and dirks, for dispatching foes up close where wielding their halberd proves to be problematic.

Korkari Hearth Guard:

Medieval knights collection. Personal project, started from small thumbnails in between work, and grown up to this. Every character has his personal historical time of existing, weapon and speciality Hope you like it friends)

Current Ruler:

Name: Dontos Estley

Appearance (With Picture): Stands at 6”0, has grey blue eyes, receded hair nearing completely bald, his beard and remaining hair is dark brown, now flecked with grey in places. He is lean and muscular, his face pointed and sharp, a fact that rarely smiles.

Image result for stannis

Current Family situation:

Dontos has been the head of House Estley for some 20 years now. This has largely been a time of peace, during which he has continued to build the fortunes of the house, investing the booming trade and tax income on reinforcing the infrastructure both civic and military of his Lands. At this moment in time the question of succession appears to be quite safe, he currently has 3 as of yet unmarried children who he is the process of getting married off, an eye on trying to forge alliances with external houses, something that has been incredibly hard to come by given House Estley insular nature, marriages rarely occurring outside of other Korkari noble families. Dontos recognises that this is a time of change however, with a fluctuating political situation that will require a more even handed touch, even if this is something that he finds incredibly hard to do, a man who lives by his House' words and places little faith in the words of others.

Dontos is a harsh, but fair man, ruling his domain with an iron fist, in accordance with the law of the Land. He is also a blunt man, preferring direct action, and avoiding honeyed words, coming across as blunt and unkind to those who don't know him, or the Korkari people.

He has kept a close eye on the events occurring in the capital, the dying king with no kin to carry on the family name. This could finally be the chance to breakaway and reclaim the Korkari's long sought after freedom, whether doing this alone or in support of another House's Claim. On the other hand however there are whispers of his own bid for power and control, it was only 2 generations ago that the then Lord Estley was gifted the hand of the King's youngest daughter, it's not a strong claim by any means, but if the old king was to pass away, then he would have a claim backed by blood, and the stubborn Lord Estley is not known as one to shirk away from something should he covet it.

Children:

Boros Estley (Heir Apparent, aged 22)
sSMHqqdkq9qqd0FLsczVhFbp559HfKzGZAFs9BX6f_hp9kygWXxVrjh86to9US5cllrWW3ER-G-PrUwo3SdNxSnrQ7QZQLSOLf91PVld-eCbmw6Fw-A2zsFM8R0uv6YvLujdvpktuf-vRjlV

Meric Estley (Second Born Son, aged 20)
aZePFkpE6mUxoemYRqnOUZsX8qRZtoIq1j8unYrE1XPF0agXjbD2-QjjICAAI0jmHCXYxijb2LUoptLeIJckqVBYVx_RChW2ErNu1FxvPfxaEUzipWpRRpXUvBJXjarHii4cU4IIC_LB3t1Y

Arana Estley (Daughter, aged 18)
Related image

House Name:
House Estley

Titles:
Lord of the Korkari
Warden of the Rock
Guardian of the Bay of Estley

Holdings:
Bay of Estley
The Korkari Highlands

House Sigil:
_VcD6Py4MKZmQIrEcHI1SYz_xDBrb4cNU1FDaXnUWtnnqAks6B-rAL77cMEXGzePdrDuTiu0FQhsjePOPqalzmbRT3UVctqgt30Gx3SgqMB9SykCUyg3Z6PeGNMfx9Lv4m0po13X2_DK3deB

House Words:
By Deeds Alone

The Rock (Seat of the House):
A true statement of practicality over all else, including comfort and beauty. The rock is a near impenetrable fortress, jutting out over the Bay of Estley, not just controlling access to the port, but also allowing for control over the Land surrounding it and providing a base and home for Lord Estley and his army. The only entrance is over a narrow causeway, the cliff below it having fallen away long ago, leaving The Rock as an isolated outcrop, hence its rather unoriginal name.

Pphd0V8p_DqYDHgCPS6wqeiV5xfGWx1A9e_Wv-85BGb8_ito8GQos6yMmY-FT817H-rmFx0Qz4GWJVV8XtAShKqk8O2AVKtcpN-rO4YMYM-78iStjfJzxbMXrDzxtFPVsgdVZNkzkLH6BjTm

History of the Lands:

House Estley first arose on the shores of Estley Bay over 200 years ago, a naturally formed bay which had long been famed as providing a safe deep harbour amongst the rough terrain of the coast. Several fishing villages already existed, dotted along the stretch of coastline. Their first seat was a simple wooden motte and bailey castle that was constructed, giving them control over the multiple villages that dotted the bay. Their inland holdings, the Korkari Highlands, were relatively poor, being rocky and windswept proving to be of little use for agriculture due to its poor fertility, and whilst their were several rich iron veins which are still mined to this day, there was little in the way of any precious metals or other exportable goods. With the bay under their control though, they were not only able to satisfy their food requirements through the fishing villages but were also to build up a financial base from the traders who used the shelter of the bay.

This smattering of villages eventually grew into a bustling trading town, providing economic security for the area. With the coming of the current ruling family and the uniting of the Kingdoms, House Estley planted their banner against this unification, having held the mantle of King of the Korkari, the people here were notoriously independent, with their own customs and manners, which the Estleys also followed. Given the rough terrain and the string of forts and holdfasts present in their domain, they were able to hold out against the invaders for many years. After numerous losses in the highlands however, the aggressors struck at House Estley’s weak point, they bay. With the towns and villages seized their wealth and supplies were cut off. Soon the defenders were starved out of the wilds, and retreated to The Rock, the last stronghold that stood against the invaders. Recognising that to try and rule through domination over the Highlands and the bay would doom the Land to guerrilla warfare and constant low-level disobedience, as well as the fact that taking The Rock would cost huge numbers of men. As such an offer was made, House Estley would keep their holdings of the Bay and the surrounding Highlands. This has not lessened the hatred that the Korkari people and House Estley feel towards those that they feel are their oppressors. Their pride and independence still blazing strongly, as such they are deeply mistrustful of outsiders and other Houses, especially outside of the trading areas. Whilst they have not raised their flag in open rebellion over the past 200 years, they have however harboured their scorn towards those they consider to be their oppressors.

Over the years the trading towns eventually joined together to form the Port Trading City of Korhaven. It may not be the biggest or richest cities of the kingdom; however it is still a sizeable sized settlement, and brings in a healthy amount of money for the House. Outside of Korhaven however there are no major settlements, or anything above a small town in the Highlands, what there are however are a larger than normal number of forts and castles, a leftover of the Highland’s more militarised and lawless history before the unification of the kingdoms. Whilst this means that the Land is well defended, the population is smaller than the size of the lands would normally be able to support elsewhere.

The lands of House Estley lie on the north western coast of the Kingdom

Military:

Given the smaller population from which to draw upon, House Estley is unable to call forth hordes of soldiers. However they have made up for this with a more professional standing army, able to equip them from the iron mines that dot the Land. Given the rough terrain being unsuitable for the maintenance of horses, they are unable to field cavalry forces of any real size, and the terrain itself does not lend it self well to cavalry combat, lacking the wide-open space and plains to make use of charges effectively. This does mean that they focus near solely on infantry combat, able to field well equipped and trained regiments. The Korkari armies are personified by their heavily armoured infantry, their primary weapon being a 6ft iron topped halberd.
The elite of the army, that the rest if formed around are the Hearth Guard, more heavily armoured than the standard soldiery with their heavy plate, and kept on retainer, constantly training and fighting. Their primary armament is the same as many other soldiers with the halberd, excelling at dispatching cavalry. As a secondary weapon they also carry war hammers and dirks, for dispatching foes up close where wielding their halberd proves to be problematic.

Korkari Hearth Guard:

Medieval knights collection. Personal project, started from small thumbnails in between work, and grown up to this. Every character has his personal historical time of existing, weapon and speciality Hope you like it friends)

Current Ruler:

Name: Dontos Estley

Appearance (With Picture): Stands at 6”0, has grey blue eyes, receded hair nearing completely bald, his beard and remaining hair is dark brown, now flecked with grey in places. He is lean and muscular, his face pointed and sharp, a fact that rarely smiles.

Image result for stannis

Current Family situation:

Dontos has been the head of House Estley for some 20 years now. This has largely been a time of peace, during which he has continued to build the fortunes of the house, investing the booming trade and tax income on reinforcing the infrastructure both civic and military of his Lands. At this moment in time the question of succession appears to be quite safe, he currently has 3 as of yet unmarried children who he is the process of getting married off, an eye on trying to forge alliances with external houses, something that has been incredibly hard to come by given House Estley insular nature, marriages rarely occurring outside of other Korkari noble families. Dontos recognises that this is a time of change however, with a fluctuating political situation that will require a more even handed touch, even if this is something that he finds incredibly hard to do, a man who lives by his House' words and places little faith in the words of others.

Dontos is a harsh, but fair man, ruling his domain with an iron fist, in accordance with the law of the Land. He is also a blunt man, preferring direct action, and avoiding honeyed words, coming across as blunt and unkind to those who don't know him, or the Korkari people.

He has kept a close eye on the events occurring in the capital, the dying king with no kin to carry on the family name. This could finally be the chance to breakaway and reclaim the Korkari's long sought after freedom, whether doing this alone or in support of another House's Claim. On the other hand however there are whispers of his own bid for power and control, it was only 2 generations ago that the then Lord Estley was gifted the hand of the King's youngest daughter, it's not a strong claim by any means, but if the old king was to pass away, then he would have a claim backed by blood, and the stubborn Lord Estley is not known as one to shirk away from something should he covet it.

Children:

Boros Estley (Heir Apparent, aged 22)
sSMHqqdkq9qqd0FLsczVhFbp559HfKzGZAFs9BX6f_hp9kygWXxVrjh86to9US5cllrWW3ER-G-PrUwo3SdNxSnrQ7QZQLSOLf91PVld-eCbmw6Fw-A2zsFM8R0uv6YvLujdvpktuf-vRjlV

Meric Estley (Second Born Son, aged 20)
aZePFkpE6mUxoemYRqnOUZsX8qRZtoIq1j8unYrE1XPF0agXjbD2-QjjICAAI0jmHCXYxijb2LUoptLeIJckqVBYVx_RChW2ErNu1FxvPfxaEUzipWpRRpXUvBJXjarHii4cU4IIC_LB3t1Y

Arana Estley (Daughter, aged 18)
Related image

This is really excellent, not much else to say. I'm getting sort of a Scotland vibe I think, Is that right?

Given your northern location and long coast line they'll be closest to Houses Erio and Ambercrown, both of whom are also northmen who resisted the invasions but who are both historical raiding cultures, so the relationship there is bound to be complex. To your south you'll likely have House Lidall and to the east you have house Corvus.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars KameChan KameChan Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Is this open to anyone else? I don't wanna make a house, but I'd rather join one as perhaps an exiled prince.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but you'd still have to attach yourself to someone elses house in that case. As well as come up for a reason for your exile or bastardy that would explain why you aren't the most immediate person in line for the throne.

I created mine
House of Xonia
View attachment 570650
The Xonia’s were originally nomadic people that had tribes spread out across the western region. They did things like farming and herding until some of the tribes decided to start banding together there power started to grow as more of the tribes started to join. The people created the house called Suncrest. At first they were still nomadic but quickly found a good spot and decided to settle. They rapidly grew from nomadic to at a kingdom level over a span of a few decades. The people didn't elect or choose who to be the leader it was by royal blood. The people of Suncrest respected the leaders that they had although they had a few bad ones. The bad leaders were mysteriously killed or they disappeared leading to bad leaders being scarce in there history. The last leader had kept things improving but he soon changed and things started to go for the worst and the people couldn't do anything about it because the people would get killed if they said anything bad about the house of Suncrest or him. A few people had enough and they decided to form a underground group named the Xonia and the people Xonia’s lead by the soon to be leader Aron (pronounced Aaron). People were invited carefully and cautiously so they wouldn't get caught. People started to appear in the group one by one day by day with more people joining per day. They started to steal and make weapons and armour for their uprising. They managed to support almost there whole entire group with the weapons and a bit less with the armour they decided that at night they would launch their attack. When night time came they charged where the leader was located and killed or injured most of the guards that were guarding. They lead their attack leaded by Aron and managed to kill the leader they celebrated when everyone that was on the opposing side surrender and after the victory they elected Aron as the new leader who renamed the house to The House of Xonia. He made a new guard and repaired the damage that was caused during the battle. The house is not completely stable since they still are rebuilding and repairing things to how they were before but they are also improving as well.
Here's how the guard's look
View attachment 570651

Well, it might the beginning of something but you'll need to elaborate in several areas. Like, I'm having a little trouble understanding what's happening here. Like is the current leader of this family supposed to be some sort of peasant who over through the previous rulers in a rebellion?
The best I can say for now is check out the sheets for Houses Lidall and Estley and get a feel for them. They make for great examples of what I'm looking for.

House of Chaos
View attachment 570652

Being one of the first houses to be created the location of the foundation was unknown specifically but was started as a horde a century ago around the western region but the troops came from everywhere they pillaged and raided. For a entire century was of decimation, ruin, and especially chaos. The only benefits were that the chaos army was based on the survival of the fittest and the army despite its large numbers intake had only ten thousand fighters at its peak, but they had about a 10:1 ratio in the killings which makes the requirement of numbers compensated ....

Later on in the end of the last century technology has surpassed the horde and they crumbled soon later as civilization started . From the falling of chaos two types of people came from the ashes , the hardblood which are the remains of the horde that still practice and follow their ways of combat but are no longer a horde and are stuck occupying ruined kingdoms near the center of the map as a mere shadow of the horde they once used to be. Then came the softbloods. Those people have abandoned the ways of the horde and decided to prop up civilizations in all four corners , the north, south, east and west they migrated to make houses of their own. From there they develop and advance as the hardbloods still are stuck to iron Age technology.

Taking refuge in the ruins of fallen kingdoms they once conquered the hardbloods live in poverty and mostly makeshift shacks where they hunt for local prey to eat. Tournaments still go on daily between fighters for whatever reason from thievery to mating rights. The king is Karn and the son/heir is named Wolf. Karn is relatively a protective and cautious individual that doesent want to be exposed and have the rest of his clan slain by the advanced outsiders so he lays low for the duration of his reign as he earned his title from being the grandson of a commanding horde chief. Wolf on the other hand is a expansionist leader that is favored by the people and the want to take back what is 'rightfully ' theirs long ago.
View attachment 570667
What the horde of chaos warriors looked like
View attachment 570741
Heir: Wolf
View attachment 570742
Warchief Commander: Karn
View attachment 570744
View attachment 570746
Ruins and makeshift houses

While this is much closer to what I'm looking for than before, I can't help but feel that the Warriors of Chaos don't really fit the sort of tone we're going for. Particularly as they don't really seem to be a noble house so much as a loose coalition of semi-nomadic barbarians.

However! There might still be something we could do if you still want to pursue this idea. The Northern houses of Erio and Ambercrown ( KameChan KameChan and Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford respectively) Have a past as tribal cultures they haven't quite left behind, and something of a distaste for the mainland religion. Perhaps you could reorganize this group into something of a mercenary or warrior society under the employ of one of their houses? Like sort of a Pagan Knight's Templar or the Jomsvikings?

Jomsvikings - Wikipedia

You wouldn't have any real claim on the throne, but you'd get to kill southmen and spread the worship of the old gods.

This is really excellent, not much else to say. I'm getting sort of a Scotland vibe I think, Is that right?

Given your northern location and long coast line they'll be closest to Houses Erio and Ambercrown, both of whom are also northmen who resisted the invasions but who are both historical raiding cultures, so the relationship there is bound to be complex. To your south you'll likely have House Lidall and to the east you have house Corvus.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars KameChan KameChan Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

I'm not opposed to the idea, but you'd still have to attach yourself to someone elses house in that case. As well as come up for a reason for your exile or bastardy that would explain why you aren't the most immediate person in line for the throne.

Well, it might the beginning of something but you'll need to elaborate in several areas. Like, I'm having a little trouble understanding what's happening here. Like is the current leader of this family supposed to be some sort of peasant who over through the previous rulers in a rebellion?
The best I can say for now is check out the sheets for Houses Lidall and Estley and get a feel for them. They make for great examples of what I'm looking for.

While this is much closer to what I'm looking for than before, I can't help but feel that the Warriors of Chaos don't really fit the sort of tone we're going for. Particularly as they don't really seem to be a noble house so much as a loose coalition of semi-nomadic barbarians.

However! There might still be something we could do if you still want to pursue this idea. The Northern houses of Erio and Ambercrown ( KameChan KameChan and Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford respectively) Have a past as tribal cultures they haven't quite left behind, and something of a distaste for the mainland religion. Perhaps you could reorganize this group into something of a mercenary or warrior society under the employ of one of their houses? Like sort of a Pagan Knight's Templar or the Jomsvikings?

Jomsvikings - Wikipedia

You wouldn't have any real claim on the throne, but you'd get to kill southmen and spread the worship of the old gods.
THank you for the compliments but if I could add a few information to help understanding.

I was wanting to provide for the main part the Everlasting landmark history that these semi nomads have desecrated onto the world and from the start of the rp is the time of the dying race of hardbloods. The heir when taking command tries a desperate effort to reclaim land that was lost ( they claim all the land cuz of their historical ancestors but I'm definitely sure they won't get any nowadays.) which will lead to either some land to actually move out of the ruins to make an effort to form a civilization and legitimacy OR ... the genocide of the hardblood people...

So That is why I made my post as such

SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

Ah cheers! And got it spot on, definitely going for a Scottish kind of vibe there, rough terrain, rough people (No offence intended, lovely bunch the Scots). Think they could carve themselves out as an entity that very much try and keep their own separate identity and customs historically, and given the lack of any large urban centres outside of Korhaven I reckon Crown control would probably diminish in the area. But obviously depends if you think the Crown would have tried to enforce their authority locally. Happy to brainstorm and come up with ideas, but either way I see something of a belligerent relationship.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

I could possibly see some kind of natural alliance here between the Estley and The Ambercrowns, given the fact the they're neighbours but also quite insular and independent, I could definitely see the pair of them making a break for independence, sort of along the lines of the Riverlands and The North, ASOIAF but with more of an alliance kind of relationship than one of the pair being an overlord.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

So how loyal are House Lidall to the Crown? I could definitely see some tension here if the Lidalls are loyal bannermen, the Korkari aren't exactly what you would call loyal in comparison.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

I'll see about coming up with some juicy secrets your spies could have come up with. Admittedly the two lords sounds quite similar, so they're either going to be best friends or can't stand the sight of each other...

Also given the richness of your house I could maybe see some Kokari jealousy coming into play about the sheer wealth they have. We're the noisy barbarian neighbours to the West!

KameChan KameChan

I could definitely see the The ktlacqswa as having raided the Bay of Estley, and could definitely tie that into Estley history, like the building of the original fortifications around the bay to protect from these raiders. Are House Erio a historically raiding based house? If so could definitely see a theme of conflict here.

But yeah happy to brainstorm/spitball any ideas e.t.c if anyone wants to build in some historical or more current interactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back