• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern No Sleep | Group Interest Check | Open | 10/12

Should I have more than twelve characters?

• Yes, aboslutely

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No... That's too much

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

TayMaiTer

An extrovert reader that writes away reality.
images.jpeg

We've all seen the classic horror movies of the group of people getting hunted by a killer. But what happens when it becomes real? When a fun getaway weekend turns into your worst nightmare? When someone you grew up with turns out to be a viscious killer?

~~~

Twelve teenage friends have know each other since childhood. And they decide to go spend the week of Winter Break up in the mountains. Hiking, bonfires, drinking. Fun.
But when a freak blizzard traps them in their cabin, they come to realize just how secluded they are. Fifty-six miles from the nearest town, surrounded by forest and mountains.
Then, their companions are found brutally murdered, with no sign of forced entry into the cabin. No footprints in the snow outside. The killer has decided to have some fun... And is hidden among them.
No one is getting any sleep until the killer is caught... or everyone is dead...

~~~

Wanted personalities:
• The Jock (Taken)
• The Queen Bee (Taken)
• The Delinquent (Taken)
• The Intelligent One (Taken)
• The Mother/Father - Like One (Taken)
• The Peacemaker (Taken)
• The Bubbly One (Taken)
• The Future-Detective (Taken)
If you have any more or ideas for more, let me know!
Also, if you are interested in being the killer, please PM me to let me know. I will select one person among the interested ones to be the killer.

~~~

How this will work:
Everyone has their character. No one will reveal if they are the killer or not. One person will be selected via PM to be the killer. As the RP progresses, the killer will message me via PM and tell me whether they want to kill/drug or otherwise enact an event to keep things interesting. Then I will announce it and the characters will react.

~~~

Rules:
• Cursing is allowed, but please don't go overboard
• Gore is also allowed (nudge nudge killer) but no excessive descriptions
• Follow all RPN rules!
• Please be semi-literate with a minimum of two paragraphs per response
• Do not create OOC drama. Drama between characters is understandable

~~~

If I get a high interest check, I will create character sheets. Also, as I will be playing myself, only eleven people are needed. For people that arrive late, but want to participate, we can do multiple rounds or seasons for newcomers!

Realistic or Modern - No Sleep | Character Sheet

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I love this idea. I'm very interested, I'd be down to play the jock or the mother/father-like one!!

This is giving off slight murder mystery vibes which I adore! Intelligent/Peacemaker/Bubbly are all roles I'd be interested in!

This is giving off slight murder mystery vibes which I adore! Intelligent/Peacemaker/Bubbly are all roles I'd be interested in!
I will be playing the Bubbly personality, so Intelligent and Peacemaker are open! I will mark you down!

Also I think if someone is interested in being the killer they should tell you only by private message. You might want to add that to your introduction.

I am interested as well this sounds fun.
I will be able to handle either role that others don’t want. Hopefully this takes off because it sounds awesome.
I do have a question though ...depending on who the killer is do you have some sort of backstory for their motivations to kill the others or is that up to the killer?
I would favor delinquent personality if it’s available though.

I am interested as well this sounds fun.
I will be able to handle either role that others don’t want. Hopefully this takes off because it sounds awesome.
I do have a question though ...depending on who the killer is do you have some sort of backstory for their motivations to kill the others or is that up to the killer?
I would favor delinquent personality if it’s available though.
I would let the backstory be up to the killer themselves. Thank you for showing interest!

Last edited:
This looks awesome! If you have room, I’d gladly take the Jock, Delinquent, or future-detective if any are available.

Quick question is how are we doing it? Do we all just apply for whatever or do we apply for one each and one unique to each of us

Quick question is how are we doing it? Do we all just apply for whatever or do we apply for one each and one unique to each of us
Well, if a role is open, you are free to take it. But if it is closed, you can either create a new role (as long as it is kind of different from the others) or ask me for another role choice and I will make more.

Sorry, but I’m a little confused about the future detective role. Why is it called “future” detective?

The future detective is probably someone interested in murders and stuff like that and likely the one who can solve the mystery or something, I got that role tho

I’m very interested. I can play as the class clown, the excessively nice person, or anything, really. : )

Sorry, but I’m a little confused about the future detective role. Why is it called “future” detective?
They are in high school, so it means that the person whomplays that role is interested in crime and investigations. A future detective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back