• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic No Paradise For Gods (Accepting New Players)

I'll be working on my character over the next couple of days to post. I just have to figure everything out on what to do, especially powers and faction I want to be in though I have an idea. Is there a list of available and legal (Allowed) mutations? I saw for Telekinesis but I'm not sure what you allow and don't allow. I clicked each tab but couldn't find it.

There is no list, you just need to clear the mutation with me. As longs it is reasonable and you can justify it being played reasonably, you can have it.

I did. But feel free to use them for different models: NEA is Neptune Enterprise Arms, S3 is Solomon Security Solutions, and Sutov is Sutov Material Technologies.

So far nobody has put in their profiles what they're supposed to put if they read through the rules >.>

@Sovereign you seem to have put a lot of effort into WWIII, but I notice three things you might have missed. First of all, North Korea was nowhere to be seen, despite it's supposed military prowess, as were the middle-eastern countries. Second, The UK would be unlikely to back the EU in a war like that, especially given the current state the relationship between them is in. Third, and finally, the US military is currently spread out in wars with many other countries, and your simulation didn't appear to allow for that. Other than that, fantastic work!

You make good points, but you've neglected one detail my friend! The setting begins in 2070, which assumes several details: North Korea is no longer a threat, the Middle East has been left to its own devices after failed attempts to put down insurgency, and given that fact the US is no longer involved. As for the UK, the US's lack of cooperation in providing reserves of their fossil fuels has driven a wedge between the two. I suppose I could add these details in for a later update however --so thank you for the note!

Sovereign said:
You make good points, but you've neglected one detail my friend! The setting begins in 2070, which assumes several details: North Korea is no longer a threat, the Middle East has been left to its own devices after failed attempts to put down insurgency, and given that fact the US is no longer involved. As for the UK, the US's lack of cooperation in providing reserves of their fossil fuels has driven a wedge between the two. I suppose I could add these details in for a later update however --so thank you for the note!
I see. I was aware of the year it was set - I wasn't aware of the assumptions you made for your simulation. I'd be really interested to see how those assumptions were made. For instance, why is NK no longer a threat? How were the wars in the ME resolved? I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to see these details added to the lore!

I just went over the rules - I've RPed with those rules before, namely in the length of post department. I ended up getting into a conversation with another character who asked a question I couldn't give much of an answer to, so I ended up spending the rest of the space describing a nearby tree and the very dead bird at the bottom of it. Are there things you had in mind for situations like this, so a bird doesn't have to die in order for the post to be long enough?

I believe when describing the thought process of the character and their feelings on any particular subject, ten lines at minimum is not too horribly much to ask for. Besides, short conversational things are to be taken into PM anyway, as specified.

Duly noted. So, if one were to take it to PM, should you be tagged so you can continue to moderate it?

You may, but it is unnecessary. I assume in a conversational setting everyone will be able to abide by the rules and that a viable summary will come out of it to post in the main thread.

I see. Well, summarizing is one of my strong points!

I'm currently in the process of drafting up a character. What would you think of a mutation called 'wild card' that randomly copies another functional mutation? (it would be used at the same level that wild card is at)

Hello: I'm interested in participating in this Rp, but I think I can't Pm just yet.

I have some questions:

1.Is there going to be a lot of fighting and battling? How often will the characters use their abilities? Cause I'm looking for an action oriented Rp.

2.I have an exam late at night and I must study, could I save a spot and post my character sheet tomorrow?

So the wild card mutation would mimic the other mutation at the level wild card is at, not the other mutation?

@Ebizu Veuship

There will be frequent fighting and use of mutant powers for characters, but only as often as they manage to get themselves into such a situation. You may post your character sheet tomorrow, sure.

Sovereign said:
So the wild card mutation would mimic the other mutation at the level wild card is at, not the other mutation?
The 'wild card' would 'choose' a random mutation within a certain distance (depending on the level of the mutation) and copy that mutation, allowing the mutant to use that copied mutation as they had it at the current level that 'wild card' is at.

Well I'm totally in then, and thanks for answering quickly. I was looking for a Rp like yours so maybe I'll start posting my character sheet today, obviously not complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back