• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nine Billion Names

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Could you clarify what the Dreamfall is?

When the Palace Infernal blocks the light of the Hellsun, the Second Circle superimposes itself on local reality. This is the Dreamfall, when the even-more-malleable physics and dream-logic of Hell's Night suffuse the landscape.
Some of the most dangerous Demons are abroad in that living darkness.

How exactly do the imps hold off the Dreamfall? Is it just by emitting light, or is it a matter of their status as creatures of the Hellsun? And what would happen if I release one - or all - of them?

It's by emitting light.

No telling what they'll do if released, other than render the site unsafe.

I see, I see. If I mutate an organ that produces/excretes bioluminescent nodules, what would be the mutation-point cost of that, and how long would they stay glowy?

I'd say the organ need only cost two points, and the nodules woud glow for two hours per essence invested in excreting them.

If I invested more mutation points in the organ itself – up to five, since that's what I have – could I increase that duration?

Yeah, I'd allow it to make the nodules more efficiently. Five is definitely enough for a 2-essence nodule to last the Dreamfall.

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Since that's only a tiny Mimic, no need to roll - but you do lose a point of Condition from the gnawing.

Patrjulf is going to be able to take the first combat turn, then the mimics will attack, and I'll lay out the order after that.

Zeth Zeth

The Mimics are going to have the advantage of surprise, so once Patrjulf rolls his attack(s) I'll work out the initative order.

ThaDruid ThaDruid

Right, there's the shanked table mimic which you will almost certainly hit as described, but for Combat Pool tracking purposes, if you want to roll a strike that'd be great.
There are four Mimics in reach after the chompy table.
1. The murderous chessboard, which counts as one small bastard, just too your right.
2. The savage footstool, extruding barbed tentacles and opening a round, fanged maw on the left.
3. The killer bookcase, spilling smaller book-shaped mimics loose and accidentally eating a few as it curves into a jaw shape and extends hundreds of legs from the sides further to the right.
4. The dread icebox, looming on a spindly body with a huge rectangular mouth just left of Garutik on the far side of the table.

They have the element of surprise, but you have surprised even them, so you get one free success on every attack.

Grey Grey
Alright so, just to be sure I got a good grasp on combat:

I assume each combat pool point is equivalent to one dice, right? So can I choose to use as many dice as I want for any of my 4 attacks, or is it limited to 1d12 per attack with modifiers?

Each point is a d12, yup.
You can use as many as you like per attack, but that detracts from your pool for the rest of the Round.

F'r example:
Combat Pool of 10
Make an attack with 5 Dice
Make a second attack with 3 Dice
You have 2 Dice left to defend yourself until the pool refreshes next Round
Make sense?

You want to be hitting 7s or higher per die, because Patrjulf outclasses these things that much.
Apply Techniques as you like, remember you get +2 dice from employing your Training so a 1 die attack could use 3 and still only consume 1 Combat Pool.

Post 'em wherever you like. You can always post 'em here to see what kind of moves you want to describe.

Mimics are just awful at self-defense so I don't expect any of them to pull out decent dodge rolls.

Combat Pool: 13

Attack 1 - Shanking the Table Mimic, 2d12+2d12 (4d12)
Attack 2 - Bisecting the Chessboard, 2d12+2d12 (4d12)
Attack 3 - Goring the Footstool, 2d12+2d12 (4d12)
Attack 4 - Butchering the Icebox, 2d12+2d12 (4d12)

Combat Pool:5

5d12 for defense (dodging)

Might want to spend some Essence rerolling a couple of those. Or table mimic is going to regrow the stabwound and get pissed.

Aight, re-rolling one die from the first attack.

How much time passed since we left the Monastery? Just so I have my Essence counted right.

Aight, so Essence back up to 8. Want me to write out the attack now, or how are we moving with the turn order?

You got the drop on them, and your damage output is, in technical terms, absolute bullshit.
I have also rolled their comical failures to avoid you (table mimic loves 1s he loves to roll 1s all of the time).
So go ahead and write out your massacre. The survivors will mostly try to chomp on Garutik so I'll establish turn order my next post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back