• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom [Next Gen] Superhero Interest?

Starfinder

Professional Wanderer

Interest CheckHello all! I'm posting this threat to, obviously, do an interest check.

I was wondering if there was any interest out there for an next generation type superhero RP? I'm a fan of both Marvel and DC Comics so it would be a crossover between the two and it would consist of a world where all the famed superheroes are dead and their children must try live up to their legacy. Obviously not canon and will very likely stray from actual canon a lot.

Plot and Setting are all TBD depending on how this goes.

If this is something you might be interested in participating in feel free to post comments and or suggestions and or questions on here or feel free to PM me. Help from others and comments are always appreciated, as are ideas. I'm very new to this site so please be patient with me as I am still figuring stuff out.

Thank you ^_^

Both of things would be totally fine in the RP, and thank you for commenting!
I'm going to try my hardest to keep things open ended so that way people can do whatever appeals to them the most.

I am always looking for these kinds of things - I prefer intrigue/noir type tropes, focus on character interaction and such - but really I am open to most styles of play. I have a few cool character concepts which I would like to try out.

I would just like to ask that if we do make a hero RP, would it be possible to 'limit' the CS Creation a bit. The one thing that really kills these kinds of threads are the people who create god level characters who can't do anything wrong and who can't lose. It's just not nice to play with. There is a reason why the best heroes have massive flaws or weaknesses - because it provides them with things to overcome - and not just by enduring the weakness, i.e "Oh kryptonite kills me, but now because I am suddenly filled with willpower I can survive it for just long enough to do what I need to do, despite it - and make a full recovery" - but actually thinking and planning their way around it. Sorry, I did not think this was going to be a rant - but yeah. Interested anyway. :) Starfinder Starfinder

Thanks for posting and your concerns are totally valid. Characters like that are always incredibly annoying and I always find the characters that have major flaws and embrace them to be much more compelling then the God like characters as you said.

I am interested. Do you have any large background in mind or villain to overcome, or will we kind of create our own conflicts based on the character people make? :) No matter what, still interested.

O my god I hardly expected this to get so popular wow
I'm super overwhelmed with the support this is getting, especially since im so new here and this was just an idea i've been toying with for a long time, but I'm so happy that you all are so interested and I'll definitely start working on it and I hope to have it up soon, most likely tomorrow

I am interested. Do you have any large background in mind or villain to overcome, or will we kind of create our own conflicts based on the character people make? :) No matter what, still interested.
I was just toying around with this idea so little is set in stone so as of right now it's more of a create your own conflict honestly :closed eyes open smile:

That's how I say 'I'm interested'.
Yeah, if you say so. I am not sure if English is your first language, but some words and carry certain 'tonal' values. These - especially when used in unison - convey to the reader the intent behind the language used. Words like 'generic' immediately convey a sense of disdain towards the material in question. This primes us for your next sentence, which we immediately read as negative - however, this reading could have been avoided since the second utterance itself was written positively. The blatant positivity of 'I would like to join' cancels out the subjective negativity of 'generic'. The use of 'sarcasm' - or the statement that you intend for us to read the previous sentence as sarcasm, undermines the sentence, and so undermines the positivity again. Sarcasm used in a negative utterance can convey humor, while - when used for a positive utterance - can be considered mocking. Still funny, but a negative form of funny. Which is why we interpreted it as 'hating'. Since you clearly did not mean it, I hope this explanation might help you avoid inadvertent offence in the future. :)

W O W
I'm so excited with how many people are into this and I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to get a thread up yet. I've been super busy this weekend but hopefully I'll get a chance to work on it today and I'll have it up and running soon. Thank you all so much for showing so much interest!

I regret to inform you all that I've decided to close the RP. I know that it's early and it hardly had time to get started but with my school starting back up and my schedule being so chaotic i just don't have the time I thought I would, so I've deleted the threads and put away the RP for now.

For now I'm simply searching for an easy 1x1 plot that I can do, something I can keep up with even with my incredibly hectic schedule.

Sorry to all of you who wanted to join and thank you for understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back