• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Next Freedom Fighters: Heroes Of Tomorrow (RP Thread)

AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat TacoRocky TacoRocky Redfork2000 Redfork2000 SheepKing SheepKing
salti salti SuperPurple SuperPurple WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten

Crystal made her way back to the meeting hall where the others were still chatting. After doing her exploring and seemingly finding nothing of interest she thought it best to return to the others.

She soon discovered that more had arrived since she left, seeing more new faces somewhat gave her a bit of unease, she saw the chameleon boy she met talking with a bear and decided not to intrude in their conversation, not like she’d be able to understand her anyways.

Crystal scanned the room for lilium, the seedrian she met because she knew she could have a written conversation with her, if she still had her pen and some paper, so she went looking for her, passing some of the new people in the process.

1681787437427.png

Lilium shook her head, silently scolding herself for eavesdropping onto the Bee Mobian's murmurings. It really wasn't her business' to pry onto a stranger's own personal matters. Maybe he was just the sort to get involved in dangerous activities, or maybe it was some strange form of sarcasm. Whatever it was the bee meant, Lilium figured it was hopefully nothing to worry about. Plus, there were some much larger worries at hand. Namely, when would the tryouts begin? Or better yet, just what were the tryouts actually going to be in the first place?

Lililum twiddled her leaf like hair as her eyes stared up at the ceiling. What would be the sort of traits The Freedom Fighters were looking for? Courage, strength, speed, power? What would be the best way to bring out these qualities from the wide pool of applicants. A quick glance around the area didn't give any immediate clues so Lilium could assume that the actual tryout process was most likely not going to take place in the auditorium. Perhaps they'd be outside, or maybe there was a gym somewhere in the base? Lilium bit her thumb in thought, hoping that she hadn't come ill prepared for whatever was in store. Though thankfully, judging by the conversations floating about, it seemed she wasn't the only one left in the dark. A small group had began to congregate in-between an aisle, the chameleon boy from earlier, as well as a giant bear Mobian and-

By the stars, it couldn't be...could it?

Lilium quickly rubbed her eyes to confirm her sight. Yes, that was The lead guitarist of Zaxxon. Now, did the Seedrian know all that much about her or the band besides name and genre? No, not particularly. But still, it was quite the sight to see an underground celebrity such as herself in the crowd. Yet despite the surprise, Lilium elected to focus in on the groups actual conversation and from the little bits and pieces she could make out from the conversation, they too seemed to be musing over what their future may bring. But interestingly enough, she'd also hear a few names of some of the Freedom Fighter Members being thrown about, as they seemed to be musing over who the line up of speakers might be. Names such as Knuckles The Echidna, Silver the Hedgehog, and Blaze the cat were thrown about, but with all of the general noise of the auditorium, Lilium was unable to figure if these were just musings, theory, or a statement of fact regarding who their speaking line up will be. Unconsciously, she’d lean in to try and hear more, only to quickly snap herself out of it

...Once again, she really needed to stop eavesdropping on other people's conversations. Just where had her manners gone today?

And so, Lilium leaned back in her seat, lightly gripping the edges of her cloak as she waited and waited for things to finally begin. Yet as her eyes began to glaze over in boredom, Lilium felt a shiver down her spine. There was the strange feeling that someone was watching her.

Scanning the auditorium for the source, she’d make direct eye contact with someone. Not just someone, but the White Wolf Mobian from before. The woman seemed to be making her way over? Hestiating for just a moment, she’d eventually lift her hand and give a polite, although slightly confused, wave in her direction.

Mentioned: SuperPurple SuperPurple (Dart) Redfork2000 Redfork2000 (Oak) AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat (Jackie) TacoRocky TacoRocky (Quill)
Interactions: Rcticwolf Rcticwolf (Crystal)

Lilium shook her head, silently scolding herself for eavesdropping onto the Bee Mobian's murmurings. It really wasn't her business' to pry onto a stranger's own personal matters. Maybe he was just the sort to get involved in dangerous activities, or maybe it was some strange form of sarcasm. Whatever it was the bee meant, Lilium figured it was hopefully nothing to worry about. Plus, there were some much larger worries at hand. Namely, when would the tryouts begin? Or better yet, just what were the tryouts actually going to be in the first place?

Lililum twiddled her leaf like hair as her eyes stared up at the ceiling. What would be the sort of traits The Freedom Fighters were looking for? Courage, strength, speed, power? What would be the best way to bring out these qualities from the wide pool of applicants. A quick glance around the area didn't give any immediate clues so Lilium could assume that the actual tryout process was most likely not going to take place in the auditorium. Perhaps they'd be outside, or maybe there was a gym somewhere in the base? Lilium bit her thumb in thought, hoping that she hadn't come ill prepared for whatever was in store. Though thankfully, judging by the conversations floating about, it seemed she wasn't the only one left in the dark. A small group had began to congregate in-between an aisle, the chameleon boy from earlier, as well as a giant bear Mobian and-

By the stars, it couldn't be...could it?

Lilium quickly rubbed her eyes to confirm her sight. Yes, that was The lead guitarist of Zaxxon. Now, did the Seedrian know all that much about her or the band besides name and genre? No, not particularly. But still, it was quite the sight to see an underground celebrity such as herself in the crowd. Yet despite the surprise, Lilium elected to focus in on the groups actual conversation and from the little bits and pieces she could make out from the conversation, they too seemed to be musing over what their future may bring. But interestingly enough, she'd also hear a few names of some of the Freedom Fighter Members being thrown about, as they seemed to be musing over who the line up of speakers might be. Names such as Knuckles The Echidna, Silver the Hedgehog, and Blaze the cat were thrown about, but with all of the general noise of the auditorium, Lilium was unable to figure if these were just musings, theory, or a statement of fact regarding who their speaking line up will be. Unconsciously, she’d lean in to try and hear more, only to quickly snap herself out of it

...Once again, she really needed to stop eavesdropping on other people's conversations. Just where had her manners gone today?

And so, Lilium leaned back in her seat, lightly gripping the edges of her cloak as she waited and waited for things to finally begin. Yet as her eyes began to glaze over in boredom, Lilium felt a shiver down her spine. There was the strange feeling that someone was watching her.

Scanning the auditorium for the source, she’d make direct eye contact with someone. Not just someone, but the White Wolf Mobian from before. The woman seemed to be making her way over? Hestiating for just a moment, she’d eventually lift her hand and give a polite, although slightly confused, wave in her direction.

Mentioned: SuperPurple SuperPurple (Dart) Redfork2000 Redfork2000 (Oak) AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat (Jackie) TacoRocky TacoRocky (Quill)

Crystal saw Lilium wave at her, this caused her to stop for a moment and blink before continuing and eventually sat down next to the seedrian. Crystal smiled lightly at the girl and gently waved as well and looked around seeing more of the new faces before looking back at Lilium.

Crystal looked at Lilium and made a motion with her hand suggesting she was asking if she still had the pen and paper, wanting to talk with her the only way she knew she could.

“Scalde paro vere comay kave beto zume troyla?” Crystal asked trying to get her attention as she seemed to be distracted

Last edited:
Quill nodded in agreement at the chameleon's conclusion.

"Right. Someone like me and the big guy," she nodded towards Oak. "Would probably be able to put our skills to work in an obstacle course or a combat situation, but speaking for myself, I'd probably bomb pretty hard on something with stealth involved. I don't exactly..." she quipped, awkwardly gestured to her clothing and quills. "...blend in very well...Testing us in multiple areas means they get the best results for each thing they're looking for. Someone strong, someone fast, smart, has a useful power...you get the idea."

'Course, she internally added, habitually running a hand past her quills to straighten them. I don't really think my skills are what they're expecting for a combat situation...

"Oh, right, uh--guess I forgot to introduce myself, sorry," Quill said, offering a small wave to both of them from her crossed arms. "Quill. Good to meet you."

Wait, were the Freedom Fighters going to give a speech? That was definitely news to her; it made sense, but she honestly just thought they'd be jumping right into the exams.

Quill had never really thought about having a favorite Freedom Fighter; they were the guys who protected the city, not superheroes from some comic book. Felt weird to her, like having a favorite police officer. She knew a decent bit about them--hard not to when there was literally a class on their adventures at her high school--but it wasn't like she had really thought about ranking them.

"Not really sure, honestly," she admitted after mulling over Jackie's question for a minute. "Never really thought about liking one of 'em more than the others; I kinda just...like them all the same, I guess. It'd be cool to hear a speech from any of them."

She thought over the question a bit more, feeling kinda bad for leaving the kid with a half-assed answer like that.

"...Sonic's basically the Freedom Fighter, so he'd probably be pretty cool to see. Don't see a reason the queen wouldn't show...and, uh, the Chaotix, I guess...?"

Quill didn't really know a lot about the Chaotix, other than they moonlighted as a pretty decent band. Were they even Freedom Fighters? Maybe this Jackie kid wouldn't ask her too many questions about them...

Oak the Bear

Interactions:
Jackie ( AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat ), Quill ( TacoRocky TacoRocky )​

Oak smiled as he saw someone else come and join the conversation, and listened to Quill as she explained her thoughts on what they'd be tasked with doing. He nodded, what she was saying definitely made sense. They'd definitely try to test them in many different areas to see how they fare in different situations. Combat was really just one aspect of being a Freedom Fighter, even if it was an important one.

"I think you're right. Stealth... really isn't my strength." He said, with a short chuckle. "It makes sense they'd try to test us in a lot of different things, so they can see how we fare in different situations." Oak added.

He then heard as Quill introduced herself, and smiled. "Oh, hello Quill, nice to meet you!" He said with a smile. "I'm Oak." He added.

1682124408826.png

It seemed Lilium was successful in getting the wolf’s attention as almost immediately she made her way over to the Seedrian, returning her wave back as she took her seat. The mobian tooka quick second to glance over the nearby people before finally landing her gaze on the Seedrian. With a swift hand motion, hand miming the act of writing, it was clear what the wolf mobian wanted. Thankfully, as Lilium assumed there’d likely be important information gone over before the tryouts, she had remembered to take a small notepad with her for any necessary note taking. So the stranger was in luck, looks like Lilium won’t have to write on the backside of a poster anymore.

Slipping the small notepad and a pen out from her cloak, she’d flip open the cover and find a blank page. Yet, as she tapped the nib against the surface, Lilium found herself at a blank of what to say. Well, she hasn’t even gotten the woman’s name yet right? Perhaps introductions are in order.

Lilium began to write, the sounds of the pen’s scribble being clear evidence of such. Finally, she’d tear off the paper and hand it to the mobian before then handing over the writing utensil as well.

At the very top, in somewhat neat handwriting wrote,

‘I don’t think I properly introduced myself. My name is Lilium, What’s yours?’

And then a few paragraph lines down she had added,

‘I’ll probably be taking notes during the ceremony. If you want, I can show you them afterwards to catch you up to speed’

And with that, Lilium patiently waited for a response.

Last edited:

It seemed Lilium was successful in getting the wolf’s attention as almost immediately she made her way over to the Seedrian, returning her wave back as she took her seat. The mobian tooka quick second to glance over the nearby people before finally landing her gaze on the Seedrian. With a swift hand motion, hand miming the act of writing, it was clear what the wolf mobian wanted. Thankfully, as Lilium assumed there’d likely be important information gone over before the tryouts, she had remembered to take a small notepad with her for any necessary note taking. So the stranger was in luck, looks like Lilium won’t have to write on the backside of a poster anymore.

Slipping the small notepad and a pen out from her cloak, she’d flip open the cover and find a blank page. Yet, as she tapped the nib against the surface, Lilium found herself at a blank of what to say. Well, she hasn’t even gotten the woman’s name yet right? Perhaps introductions are in order.

Lilium began to write, the sounds of the pen’s scribble being clear evidence of such. Finally, she’d tear off the paper and hand it to the mobian before then handing over the writing utensil as well.

At the very top, in somewhat neat handwriting wrote,

‘I don’t think I properly introduced myself. My name is Lilium, What’s yours?’

And then a few paragraph lines down she had added,

‘I’ll probably be taking notes during the ceremony. If you want, I can show you them afterwards to catch you up to speed’

And with that, Lilium patiently waited for a response.

Crystal took both the paper and the pen and began writing. Soon enough she handed the paper back to Lilium.

“Greetings Lilium, I am Crystal of the snow wolf tribe, it would be nice to be able to understand you and others, but I haven’t quite reached that level yet, as there is still much I am learning of this world, but I am looking forward to it. And yes I would appreciate reading your notes afterward to understand whatever is going to happen”

Crystal finished writing and handed both the paper and pen back to the seedrian.

Quill

Quill returned Oak's greeting with a nod, then absentmindedly ran a hand across her spines.

"Crap, I hope this thing isn't some kind of cumulative test..." she said after a moment of thought. There was probably a good chance the old Freedom Fighters would test them in multiple fields, like she was suspecting; putting everyone through only one challenge would keep certain people from showing off their valuable skills, so different tests meant different areas for applicants to strut their stuff. But would the multiple tests also be determining who was scoring high across the board? That would probably ensure the best candidates would become part of the new team, she assumed, but if that was the case, a lot of the people here--her included--probably had a lot less of a chance than she'd thought...

"...Yeah, if that ends up happening, I think I'm screwed." Quill let out with a sigh.

Well, whatever this exam ended up being, she'd already set her mind to showing up here; least she could do was give it her best shot.

Quill tried to distract herself from her building apprehension by regarding her two acquaintances. A chameleon kid no older than thirteen and a grizzly easily a head taller than anyone else in the room. Definitely a unique pair, but to be fair, they probably stood out less than she did. Still, kinda funny how diverse a crowd this recruitment sesh was drawing--the three of them made for a pretty good sampling of that.

"...So, if you don't mind me asking, what's your guys' deal?" She decided to ask. "You two know each other, or...?"

Birdie

"Ahhhhhhh!!! Crap, crap, crap! I'm LAAATE!!"

Birdie was practically a blur as she darted through the woods, searching in a panic for the Freedom Fighters HQ. Of all the things to be running late for, how and why did it end up being this!?

She figured the Freedom Fighters' base would have been hard to find since it was a secret base, but she felt like she'd been zipping over the woods for an hour looking for it and not even found a trace of it! Ugh, she'd even left town early to make sure she'd be punctual and somehow she'd still gotten lost!!

This was gonna be her big break, the scoop of a lifetime, she couldn't show up late to it--or worse, MISS it! Would they turn her away if she didn't show up on time???

WAIT!! Her panicked train of thought screeched to a halt in time with her own pace as Birdie caught sight of something between a set of trees she swore she'd zipped past at least three times now. It was pretty well hidden among the shrubbery and shade, but there was no mistaking it; that was a building! This must be it! Birdie instantly picked up speed again, ignoring how out of breath she already was, and bolted for the base's entrance.

"MADE IT!" She exclaimed with her last gasp of air as she burst through the doors. After taking a few seconds to catch her breath, checking her watch in the meantime--10:53, earlier than she thought--she added, "Sorry for getting in so close to the bell; I'm here for the--"

Birdie stopped mid-sentence, realizing when she looked up to properly speak to the people running this event that no one was actually there. In fact, there was no one in the entrance hall, not even any lights on beyond the natural kind peeking through the windows.

Crap, was this not the place?? Was there somehow another hidden base in these dang woods?!

While she tried to process finding that theoretical second secret fortress in under six minutes, Birdie noticed the arrows along the walls and floor, partially illuminated by sunlight. As her gaze followed them down the corridor, she realized they led to an elevator at the end of the hall. Her ears twitched slightly. Hang on--those were definitely voices below her, and lots of them.

Well, if this wasn't Freedom HQ, there had to be something big going on downstairs. Either way, she was checking it out.

Birdie made her way into the elevator and rode it down, finding more arrows down the hall when she arrived at the lower floor. Thankfully, these were accompanied by signs saying "Freedom Fighter Tryouts Ahead!" or "Welcome Aspiring Freedom Fighters!" Looks like this was the place after all, lucky her! And sure enough, Birdie soon found the hallway opening up into a large chamber filled with Mobians excitedly chattering about the tryouts to come. She instantly clocked the stage at the front of the room--there was for sure gonna be a big speech from some hot shot Freedom Fighter up there. She'd need to be up front before this thing got rolling if she wanted to get good pics of that.

"...But first," she hummed playfully, removing one of her cameras from its holster and leveling it at the crowd in front of her. She still had some time to kill; seemed like a perfect chance to snap some candid pics of the potential new recruits!

Birdie milled about the outskirts of the crowd, taking pictures of the other applicants as they chatted with one another or prepped for the tests no doubt to come. Her story couldn't just be all action and intensity; everyone loves seeing their heroes just be everyday folks! Some people gave her weird looks, which made sense--to them she probably just looked like some weirdo taking pictures of everyone. No fur off her back, she'd just explain her deal to her teammates if/when she got on the team.

One person in particular caught her eye, not because he was doing anything worthy of a picture, but moreso due to the opposite. The guy was sitting in the far back row, pretty close to where she'd come in, and looked to be doing his best not to be noticeable. Not many people were near him...didn't look like he was trying to make any friends, either. The way he was looking over the crowd almost seemed like he was scanning for something, though Birdie imagined he was probably just seeing a lot of the back of peoples' heads. She smiled slightly as she meandered over to him. He seemed interesting enough; maybe he'd fancy a chat.

"You know, you'd probably get a better look at that crowd if you were a little closer." She remarked as she leaned against the back of the chair next to the raccoon. "Can't imagine you'd be able to see much from back here. Whatcha lookin' for, anyway?"

Interactions: AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat (Jackie w/Quill) Redfork2000 Redfork2000 (Oak w/Quill, Shade w/Birdie)

1683447055532.png

Lilium nodded as she took back the paper, eyes falling upon what the stranger had written.

Wait no, not a stranger anymore. Crystal was her name.

“Pretty name…” She murmured to herself, not actually realizing that she’d said it aloud. Or rather, she eventually did and for a brief moment panicked, but quickly remembered the language barrier between them and drew a sigh of relief.

Continuing on, Lilium read over the rest of the contents, confirming most of her assumptions. Although Crystal struggled with understanding spoken English, she seemed to be able to read and write relatively fine, and for that matter would certainly appreciate looking at Lilium’s notes. Though there was one thing that Lilium was rather curious about. She’d never heard of the Snow Wolf Tribe before, could it perhaps be another indigenous population similar to the Wolf Pack? So flipping the page, she’d quickly jot down a few sentences and hand the notepad it back to Crystal.

‘In that case I’ll be sure to write down as much as I can. Though forgice me for asking but I don’t think I’ve heard of the Snow Wolf Tribe before. Could you tell me a little more about it?’

Interactions: Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Lilium nodded as she took back the paper, eyes falling upon what the stranger had written.

Wait no, not a stranger anymore. Crystal was her name.

“Pretty name…” She murmured to herself, not actually realizing that she’d said it aloud. Or rather, she eventually did and for a brief moment panicked, but quickly remembered the language barrier between them and drew a sigh of relief.

Continuing on, Lilium read over the rest of the contents, confirming most of her assumptions. Although Crystal struggled with understanding spoken English, she seemed to be able to read and write relatively fine, and for that matter would certainly appreciate looking at Lilium’s notes. Though there was one thing that Lilium was rather curious about. She’d never heard of the Snow Wolf Tribe before, could it perhaps be another indigenous population similar to the Wolf Pack? So flipping the page, she’d quickly jot down a few sentences and hand the notepad it back to Crystal.

‘In that case I’ll be sure to write down as much as I can. Though forgice me for asking but I don’t think I’ve heard of the Snow Wolf Tribe before. Could you tell me a little more about it?’

Crystal read the paper and began writing.

“We were a small tribe that lived at the base of Talimoona mountain in the north, we lived there for generations until a great calamity struct the mountain and buried my entire village, no body survived” crystal paused her writing and sighed before continuing more. “We were alone out there, the closest other tribal village took 4 moons to get to, but our tribe was special as some of us possesed the ability to manipulate our surroundings” she finished and handed the paper back to Lilium

Last edited:
Fibre the Glider

Fibre was instantly snapped out of her internal monologuing when a cheery voice caught her off guard, causing her to flinch slightly before looking up to assess who exactly felt the need to bother her. She was met with the smiling face of a peppy yellow cat— She said her name was Shimmer? Fibre could agree with a name like that, excitement was practically radiating off of her in nauseating waves. Or maybe that was the weird, almost electric vibes that she gave off? It would explain the hints of bitter ozone smell... At least she had an eye for quality, Fibre noted, the hints of a smirk beginning on the young glider’s face at the praise of her Omochao.

…’m Fibre,” she finally managed to mutter, “and the Omochao is Optic. Also, to answer your question, it’s a public event…so go ahead and sit wherever.” Whether or not Shimmer took offense to her curt responses didn’t bother Fibre, there was a good chance the cat would turn her attention elsewhere the moment something more interesting came along. She just hoped it would be soon, conversation wasn’t her strong suit…

In contrast, Optic was much more welcoming and even waved from its place in Fibre's grasp. The weathered Omochao whirred in what could be seen as appreciation as it began to take notes on the Mobian who felt bold enough to approach its abrasive owner.

Interactions: Shimmer the Cat [ Redfork2000 Redfork2000 ]

1684127507936.png

As soon as Lilium’s eyes landed on the paper she’d come to find asking such an innocent question had been a grave mistake.

Pulling her head up, Lilium babbled out condolences to the wolf,

“Oh…I’m…I’m so sorry”

Only to quickly remember Crystal’s predicament, making any spoken apology bill. So hurriedly she’d grab the pen and flip to a new page, anxiously fretting over what to write next.

What better way to turn innocent conversation sour than accidentally forcing the other party to delve into the destruction of their homeland and people. Yep, sour indeed. What else could she say in that moment to shift the mood, especially through the medium of written word of all things?

Taking a deep breath, Lilium calmed herself down. It’d be no use to panic, she needed to compose herself and to apologize like any reasonable Mobian…or Seedrian in her case.

‘I’m so sorry that happened to you and I deeply apologize for mentioning it.’

She’d hesitate for a moment, debating whether to scribble the sentence out and to start again entirely. Something about apologizing, no matter how genuine it may be, almost always gives the feeling that it will come off as insincere to the other party. At least, that’s how she herself had felt all those five years ago, but this wasn’t about her and she couldn’t compare her own feeling to whatever might be going through Crystal’s mind. In the end Lilium couldn’t think of anything more true to write so she had no other choice but hope it properly conveyed her sincerity.

Next, she’d ponder whether to ask about the little bit at the end Crystal had mentioned. Something about her tribe having special abilities? She shook her head. No, that might make things even worse than they already were. Instead she’d finish with.

‘If you ever need something to talk to, I’ll always lend an ear. Losing a community is a hard thing to go through, but it’s even more difficult to go through it alone.’

And if anyone knew what it was like to lose a community, it’d be Lilium. The funny thing was, Lilium wasn’t sure which she was even referring to. Feral Forest? The Seedrian race? Both factions could easily be considered her community and yet neither felt like the true whole picture. Still, she wasn’t going to make this situation about her. And so Lilium finally handed the paper over to Crystal.

As soon as Lilium’s eyes landed on the paper she’d come to find asking such an innocent question had been a grave mistake.

Pulling her head up, Lilium babbled out condolences to the wolf,

“Oh…I’m…I’m so sorry”

Only to quickly remember Crystal’s predicament, making any spoken apology bill. So hurriedly she’d grab the pen and flip to a new page, anxiously fretting over what to write next.

What better way to turn innocent conversation sour than accidentally forcing the other party to delve into the destruction of their homeland and people. Yep, sour indeed. What else could she say in that moment to shift the mood, especially through the medium of written word of all things?

Taking a deep breath, Lilium calmed herself down. It’d be no use to panic, she needed to compose herself and to apologize like any reasonable Mobian…or Seedrian in her case.

‘I’m so sorry that happened to you and I deeply apologize for mentioning it.’

She’d hesitate for a moment, debating whether to scribble the sentence out and to start again entirely. Something about apologizing, no matter how genuine it may be, almost always gives the feeling that it will come off as insincere to the other party. At least, that’s how she herself had felt all those five years ago, but this wasn’t about her and she couldn’t compare her own feeling to whatever might be going through Crystal’s mind. In the end Lilium couldn’t think of anything more true to write so she had no other choice but hope it properly conveyed her sincerity.

Next, she’d ponder whether to ask about the little bit at the end Crystal had mentioned. Something about her tribe having special abilities? She shook her head. No, that might make things even worse than they already were. Instead she’d finish with.

‘If you ever need something to talk to, I’ll always lend an ear. Losing a community is a hard thing to go through, but it’s even more difficult to go through it alone.’

And if anyone knew what it was like to lose a community, it’d be Lilium. The funny thing was, Lilium wasn’t sure which she was even referring to. Feral Forest? The Seedrian race? Both factions could easily be considered her community and yet neither felt like the true whole picture. Still, she wasn’t going to make this situation about her. And so Lilium finally handed the paper over to Crystal.

Crystal looked at Lilium and slightly cocked her head seeing her being a bit frantic as she tried to write her response on the paper. After she had calmed herself down and finally handed over the paper. Crystal took the paper and read it, slowly nodding at what she had written and writing back.

“It’s ok Lilium, it’s my fault for saying anything, but thank you for your concern and I might talk to you about it later, not even joules knows, and she freed me from the ice, but still thank you for at least listening me talk about it” she finished writing and handed it back with a smile.

Last edited:
Shimmer the Cat

Interactions:
Fibre the Glider ( salti salti )
Shimmer had a cheerful smile on her face, listening to Fibre introduce herself and her Omochao, Optic. "Nice to meet you Fibre! I think we could end up being really good friends, don't you think?" Shimmer added, as she sat down next to Fibre. She smiled and waved back at Optic as well.

"Are you excited, Fibre? I sure am! I can't believe we'll actually be meeting the Freedom Fighters in person!" Shimmer said, emitting a few electric sparks as she gets more excited. She couldn't help herself. This whole situation felt like it was a dream. Not only that, but a wide variety of different mobians from all walks of life had come for this. She was excited to meet them as well. The way she saw it, everyone who made it into the Freedom Fighters would become teammates, so she might as well start getting to know them.

Oak the Bear

Interactions: Jackie ( AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat ), Quill ( TacoRocky TacoRocky )
Oak chuckled slightly as Quill asked if he and Jackie knew each other. "Oh, not really. We just met actually." Oak explained, with a smile. "He came over to talk, and well, we're getting along pretty good so far!" He added. Jackie definitely was a pretty energetic person, but far from being annoying, Oak actually liked that about him. He felt it was likely they could become good friends.

Jackie smiled and nodded in agreement with Oak's statement. "Yeah, me and Oak over here just met! I came to talk to him, and we're already getting off on the right foot with each other!" He told Quill in an excited tone of voice. He then proceeded to glance at the clock on the wall. The time said 10:58 PM. It shouldn't take much longer before the Freedom Fighters would show up on the stage, but until then, the young chameleon was more than happy to talk with Oak and Quill.

"So! You mentioned that you wanna see Sonic and the Chaotix give a speech, right? That's so awesome! I don't think that the Chaotix get enough appreciation for doing their part in keeping Mobius safe from evil, so hearing you wanting the Chaotix to give a speech is totally awesome!" Jackie beamed at Quill. "And yeah, I do hope that the tryouts will consist of multiple tests that'll allow all the applicants to show off their various areas of expertise, since that's guaranteed to give the Freedom Fighters exactly what they're looking for in the new generation of Freedom Fighters, like you said, Quill!"

Turning to Oak, Jackie didn't want to leave the bear out of the conversation. "I hope that the two of us will be making it into the new Freedom Fighters team together! I'd really love to be able to get to know you better! But if one of us doesn't make the team but the other does, we will still remain in contact with one another, right? I'd hate to see a potential friendship get ruined because one of us didn't make the team!" The chameleon asked Oak.

Redfork2000 Redfork2000 TacoRocky TacoRocky

Crystal looked at Lilium and slightly cocked her head seeing her being a bit frantic as she tried to write her response on the paper. After she had calmed herself down and finally handed over the paper. Crystal took the paper and read it, slowly nodding at what she had written and writing back.

“It’s ok Lilium, it’s my fault for saying anything, but thank you for your concern and I might talk to you about it later, not even joules knows, and she freed me from the ice, but still thank you for at least listening me talk about it” she finished writing and handed it back with a smile.

Lilium breathed a sigh of relief as Crystal didn’t show any animosity toward’s her, and in fact thanked her for listening, which considerably calmed the Seedrian from her panic. While there were plenty of questions to be asked, especially in regards to whoever this Joules person was and what she meant by being freed ‘from the ice’ Lilium wasn’t sure if it’d be a smart idea to poke any further into that messy area of conversation, instead as she clicked the pen and began to scratch down some writing, there was something else she thought might be alright to ask.

‘You mentioned having some manner of ability to manipulate the environment right? Is it like a superpower? That will definitely give you a leg up in the try outs! Or well, I guess we still don’t really know what the tryouts will actually be like yet’

Lilium glanced at the clock on the wall. 10:58. If they didn’t know now then it was likely they were going to learn very soon.

Birdie

Birdie's eyes flicked to her watch out of habit, then locked on in alarm once she'd registered the numbers on the clock. Wait--10:59 already!? She'd gotten so caught up in taking candids that she was about to miss the start of the main event! She glanced hurriedly at the crowd in front of her--most of them were moving to find seating, but they were bustling around so much that she'd never be able to push through them in time. Guess that left only one option.

Backing away from the crowd of applicants, Birdie formed a frame with her hands, peering through with one eye open as if trying to line up a shot. Once she seemed satisfied with the angle and distance, made sure her camera was fastened tightly in its holster and her other camera clutched firmly in her hands, she took off, bolting towards the crowd.

Just as it seemed like she was locked onto a collision course with the shark guy she was inadvertently barreling towards, she sprung into the air, almost instantly reaching a height well over the heads of her fellow applicants.

-ka-CHICK-

Most of the applicants wouldn't notice the sound of a camera going off in the air above the crowd; surprisingly, it seemed many of them hadn't even noticed the jackrabbit leaping through the air over them. However, what the front of the crowd had noticed was that jackrabbit landing, albeit after a few shaky hops to regain her balance, right in front of them.

Birdie smiled as she examined the photo she'd taken during her leap. Not a bad shot, all things considered. As good as getting a pic of all the applicants together sounded, she figured it would've been almost impossible to get, but getting a bird's-eye view--or would that be "Birdie's"-eye view? Heh...--was so easy she almost wanted to kick herself for not thinking of it until mid-flight. Probably would have gotten a better angle if she had...

Turning her attention to the stage, she suddenly realized how good of a position she was in. Man, this was practically perfect for getting shots of the speakers! Must be some crazy luck on her side for her to land in a spot almost right where she needed to be for the main event. Speaking of...

Birdie glanced back down at her watch--still 10:59, but just barely. They'd be starting this shindig any second now...

The clock then proceeded to strike 11:00, and as soon as it did, the room went dark as spotlights began to illuminate the stage, and Sonic the Hedgehog himself proceeded to walk out onto the stage, with the Freedom Fighters, Team Dark, Team Chaotix, Silver the Hedgehog and Blaze the Cat, as well as the heroes' children stood behind him on stage in a neat row. "Hello, everyone! Sonic's the name, speed's the game!" Sonic told the crowd, and all of the youngsters that were in the crowd proceeded to cheer happily and loudly, and Jackie happily joined them.

"IT'S HIM! IT'S HIM! SONIC THE HEDGEHOG HIMSELF!" Jackie shouted at Quill and Oak happily as he shook the two of them violently. Jackie couldn't believe it; He was actually seeing the Hero of Mobius, Sonic the Hedgehog himself in front of him with his own eyes! Not only that, but he also saw all of the other Heroes of Mobius and their children in front of him as well! If Jackie was dreaming, he certainly didn't want to wake up now!

SuperPurple SuperPurple SheepKing SheepKing Rcticwolf Rcticwolf TacoRocky TacoRocky salti salti Redfork2000 Redfork2000

Oak the Bear

Interactions:
Jackie ( AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat ), Quill ( TacoRocky TacoRocky )
Oak's eyes widened and seemed to twinkle. He was in awe as he saw all the heroes come onto the stage. He didn't expect so many of them would be here! A wide smile appeared on his face, and then suddenly, he was being shaken by Jackie, surprisingly hard given their size difference. Oak still had a big smile on his face as he looked at all the heroes on stage. "Thiiis iiis aweeeesooome!" he exclaimed as he was being shaken by Jackie.

Shimmer the Cat

Interactions:
Fibre the Glider ( salti salti )
Shimmer gasped and had a huge smile on her face as saw everyone that was on stage, and let out a high-pitched scream of excitement as Sonic introduced himself, cheering like crazy. "It's really him! Amazing!" She exclaimed, looking as if she was going to burst out of her seat in excitement.

Shade the Racoon
Shade watched as everyone appeared on stage, and Sonic introduced himself. While he wasn't nearly as vocal or loud as anyone else, he was still very excited, he just didn't show it as much, just silently watching what was happening on stage, his pupils widening and a small sparkle appearing in his eyes, as he was full of awe and admiration. This would be a unique experience for sure.

Crystal looked around and was generally confused, of course she didn’t understand the mobians so that didn’t help.

Elsewhere. Joules flew through the forest on her hoverboard searching for the freedom fighters hideout. “Damn I’m late, and I’m lost” she groaned as she came to a stop and looked around. “Trees as far as the eye can see, maybe if I get lower?” She thought as she flew into the trees still searching for her destination.

Quill
Damn, they really went all out for this. Quill couldn't help but let her surprise show on her face. figured Sonic and the main Freedom Fighters'd be headlining this thing, but she guessed practically everyone associated with the team was also up on stage; Team Dark, Silver and Blaze, the Chaotix--huh...they actually did look pretty cool in person. The crowd around her went wild when Sonic introduced himself, cheering and yelling like this was a big concert. Quill was content to just listen to what the hero had to say--or she would have been, if she hadn't been grabbed by Jackie and shaken like a ragdoll.

"Whoa--okay, okay, please stop shaking me!" She yelled amid Jackie's excited movements, trying to shout over the roar of the crowd.

How strong was this kid??? She might've been pretty lean, but Oak was like a mountain, and Jackie was still pushing and pulling him around. There really were some crazy people at this thing...

Birdie
"Oh, man, what a perfect shot!" Birdie chuckled to herself. The Sonic the Hedgehog, right in the middle of a dramatic pose as he introduced himself to the crowd; you couldn't ask for a better pic! "This really was a great spot for photos!"

The jackrabbit continued to snap photos of the crowd of heroes up on stage, pausing after each shot to examine her work and briefly pat herself on the back. There were a ton of big names up on stage: Team Chaotix, Team Dark, even Silver was here! And all of them together made for some brilliant shots for Birdie! She didn't even have to risk bugging anybody with the flash; the spotlights illuminating the stage already provided her some awesome lighting.

The kids and teens around Birdie went wild when Sonic took the stage. Made sense; not every day you saw Mobius's number one hero in the flesh. Thankfully, she wasn't too close to anyone to get bumped around or squished, but it was definitely getting a little loud in here for her liking. She thought about getting a pic of the excited fans, but it was too dark in the room to give it a shot without a camera flash--who knows how many people that'd tick off. Maybe she'd have another chance later on in this thing...

1688422257341.png

As the room suddenly became cloaked in darkness, Lilian’s eyes were quickly drawn to the only illuminated spot, the stage. And walking into the spotlight were none other than Sonic the Hedgehog, all of the Freedom Fighters, and more. Nearly everyone was here, their children included! Naturally when faced with such celebrities the room soon erupted with the cheers of hundreds of children, Lilium herself even clapping. Just about everyone in the room was in total awe of the heroes before them. Well…almost everyone. As Lilium glanced over at Crystal, she could just barely make out an expression of total confusion at just what was going on. Guess it was time to begin taking notes for the poor wolf girl. Twirling the pen in her fingers, she began to scribe the blue hedgehog’s short introduction before handing it over to Crystal. Though considering all the darkness, it might be quite a struggle for the wolf to actually read.
Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

As the room suddenly became cloaked in darkness, Lilian’s eyes were quickly drawn to the only illuminated spot, the stage. And walking into the spotlight were none other than Sonic the Hedgehog, all of the Freedom Fighters, and more. Nearly everyone was here, their children included! Naturally when faced with such celebrities the room soon erupted with the cheers of hundreds of children, Lilium herself even clapping. Just about everyone in the room was in total awe of the heroes before them. Well…almost everyone. As Lilium glanced over at Crystal, she could just barely make out an expression of total confusion at just what was going on. Guess it was time to begin taking notes for the poor wolf girl. Twirling the pen in her fingers, she began to scribe the blue hedgehog’s short introduction before handing it over to Crystal. Though considering all the darkness, it might be quite a struggle for the wolf to actually read.
Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Crystal had some difficulty with reading in the dark, but not as much as most would think, her eyes only needed a short time to adjust to the darkness, the spotlight didn’t help. She took the note from Lilium and read it, still a tad bit confused she then took the pen from her and began writing a response before handing it back.

The note read “he’s a pretty arrogant guy isn’t he? Is all he does is boast about his accomplishments?”

Sonic laughed as he waved his hands about. "Hey, hey. Simmer down, you guys. I know I'm awesome." The cobalt blue hedgehog joked as the cheering died down. "Now, you all know why you're here today. You all have a dream. You all wish to serve and protect Mobius. You wish to prove yourself, you wish to protect those you care about..." Sonic began to speak as everyone began to think to themselves as to why they were here today. "Whatever your reason for being here today is, I admire you, I truly do...But just so you know, very few of you will be making it past the initiation process!" Sonic spoke to the crowd once more before a DUN! DUN! DUN! sound effect went off in the back and Sonic turned to Nicole, who was the source of the sound effect. "Was that really necessary?" Sonic asked Nicole, laughing as he did.

Nicole struggled to contain her laughter. "Sorry, I just thought it was too fitting." The Holo-Lynx admitted. Some of the more serious members of the group such as Knuckles and Shadow rolled their eyes in annoyance at Nicole's goofiness but didn't speak up about it.

Jackie, on the other hand, was now as nervous as can be. "Oh, gosh...Only a few people of everyone who came here today will be making it past the initiation process...? I don't know if I have it in me to get that far..." The young chameleon admitted out loud enough for Quill and Oak to hear.

SuperPurple SuperPurple SheepKing SheepKing Rcticwolf Rcticwolf TacoRocky TacoRocky salti salti Redfork2000 Redfork2000

Crystal just looked around again not understanding what was happening or what was being said.

Joules landed at the forest floor and groaned “damn, why did I get lost, I really don’t want to do this, it could damage or destroy the freedom fighters electronics, but then again Tails and I could probably fix them, or at least tails could” she sighed “alright, let’s do this” she began charging an electro pulse in her hand before hitting the ground with it, sending trails of electricity throughout the forest. The electricity traveled through the underground facility blowing fuses and lights as it traveled, on the stage all the lights grew in intensity before bursting, plunging the room in utter darkness, and of course causing most fur, quills, feathers and such to stand on end.

“There you are!” Joules smiled and took off on her board towards the entrance

SuperPurple SuperPurple AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat SheepKing SheepKing TacoRocky TacoRocky salti salti Redfork2000 Redfork2000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back