• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Next Freedom Fighters: Heroes Of Tomorrow (RP Thread)

"Alright, that should be the last of them!" Sonic exclaimed as he grabbed the last stack of posters from the printers and proceeded to put them on top of the rest of the stack.

"You sure? We need to make sure we have all the necessary posters for this advertising run." Tails asked him as his daughter Melody was resting on his neck, curiously watching the ordeal play out.

"Yeah, yeah. I did it a quick count, and this is all of the posters we need. Are you sure we really need this many?" Sonic asked Tails back as he folded his arms in front of his chest, his impatience showing with a few taps of his foot.

"Yes, we really do need this many. It's important we find Mobians that are willing to carry on the fight of the Freedom Fighters. Not many Mobians are willing to make that sort of commitment, nor do many Mobians have the skill for this field of work." Tails pointed out.

Sonic pouted at his best friend's words. "Are you sure this is necessary? You're saying it like I've gotten old and out of shape."

"That's exactly what he's saying." Sally teasingly replied to her husband from a nearby couch she was sitting on, their children Sonia and Manik sitting on both sides of her, and the kids couldn't help but giggle at their mother teasing their father.

Sonic rolled his eyes and sarcastically laughed. "Ha, ha. Very funny, Sal. But really, I'm currently 37 and still fighting robots and other evildoers. I'm still in shape to keep this up a few more years." He assured his best friend and his wife.

"Maybe, but you gotta take into consideration that we also have to start training a new generation of Freedom Fighters while we are still in shape. That way, the new generation will be guaranteed to be ready to carry on the fight when we're unable to do so ourselves anymore." Tails reasoned with his best friend, who let out a sigh in response.

"You do have a point, Tails..." Sonic nodded.

"Well, what are you waiting for then? Get out there and get those posters up and spread the message far and wide so we can get enough potential candidates for the job!" Tails grinned at his best friend, who smirked as he picked up the stack of posters, rushed out the door and came back immediately afterward.

"There we go! All the posters are put up and ready for viewing!" Sonic smirked.

Tails chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Alright, alright. Don't get cocky 'cause you just proved you're still in shape. I just hope that people actually take their time to properly read those posters." The fox sighed.

"Of course they will! Amy designed them to be eye catching enough, so it's sure to keep potential candidates' attention long enough for them to properly read the whole thing!" Sally assured him.

"Mother is right, Uncle Tails! With Aunt Amy's expertise in graphic design, they'll have the details down to a tee!" Sonia chimed in as Manik nodded in agreement.

SuperPurple SuperPurple WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten SheepKing SheepKing

Wilby The Cat

It wasn’t easy for Wilby to detach himself from his roots. It often felt like they stalked him wherever he went, which is understandable, the boy was only 17. There was a time when he couldn’t imagine life without his parents, without his siblings, without their seedy profits. It felt so freeing to be, well, free from it all, but he couldn’t stop seeds of doubt from planting themselves in his mind at every turn. Travelling helped him evade them, but he’d been in one spot for a while and-

“Wilby? Anyone home? Yoohoo!”

Wilby blinked as a hand waved over his face, brushing it away with a paw swipe.

“I’m here I’m here.”

“I’ve been talking to you for the past minute and I ain’t got a word back from ya. What gives?”

“I’m just thinking.”

“‘Bout what?”

“About stuff.”

“Aight, aight.”

The pair resumed their walk down the Mobotropolis street. Wilby the Cat, and Rocco the Crow. The former was a fresh face, but Rocco, the older of the two, had been around for a while, least it seemed that way. He wasn’t at the age or reputation of those who began to fight against Eggman all those years ago, but he’d been working his butt off for quite some time now helping out where he could. Rocco knew not to pester Wilby about his thoughts, but he couldn’t help but pry just a little.

“Say, you ain’t thinkin’ of leavin’... Are ya?”

“No way, you think I’d want to leave this place behind? This is my home now.”

The lie may have worked on most, but Rocco was wise to the cat’s act, despite the short time they’ve known each other. Nonetheless, he nodded along anyway.

“It’s a great place to call home, Wilby. This place, people fought hard for it… Are you still trying to figure out your next move?”

“You don’t have to trouble yourself with it, it’s just hard to adjust.” Wilby sighed. The sad cat act may have come less naturally than his usual chipper self, but it’s a part he played well when he needed to — though this time it was genuine. Wilby knew he couldn’t go back to old habits, he needed a fresh start, but how?

As they walked, a brightly coloured display against the dull wall caught both of their attention. Wilby turned back in the direction he was walking, ready to move on, but a feathered hand grabbed his arm, steering him back to the poster.

“Hm?”

“Read it, kid.”

“Freedom Fighters… Recruitment… Oh.” Not even Wilby’s goggles could hide the glimmer of curiosity in his eyes.

“It’s like I’ve been tellin’ you since ya got here, they’re gonna need new members.”

“Did you set up this route on purpose so I’d see it?”

“Nah, I don’t think you even need to see this poster, Wilby. Look, I’m not gonna force ya to stay here or force ya to do anythin’ ya don’t wanna do, but I know what you’re lookin’ for.”

“Aye, you know me.” Wilby smiled at his friend.

“Seize this opportunity, I know you’d be an asset to them.”

Wilby ripped the poster off the wall, holding it in his hands, though it was swiftly taken back off of him by Rocco, who attempted to stick it back on the wall.

“Hey, memorize the details, they don’t have unlimited posters.”

“Oops! But sure, let’s do it… I guess.”

And with that, the pair continued to converse as Wilby prepared to offer himself up as one of the new Freedom Fighters.

Jackie was happily making his way through New Mobotropolis. The young chameleon just knew today was going to be a good day, and he didn't pay much mind to the weird looks he was getting from people because of his overly happy manner of walking. Jackie was still 12 years old, so he found it to be natural to act like this at his age. As he turned a corner, he was about to continue on his way when he stopped dead in his tracks as he saw a poster on the wall. And wait...was that the Freedom Fighters' logo on the poster?! Jackie took a good look at the poster.

Are you a skilled mechanic? Can you fly? Can you run really fast?

You might not have these exact skills, but we are looking for people willing to become...

THE NEXT GENERATION OF FREEDOM FIGHTERS!

Tomorrow at 11 AM, there will be tryouts at Freedom Fighters HQ in Knothole Forest.

People between the age of 10 and 18 only!

Mobius would be grateful for your commitment!

Jackie grinned as he looked at the poster. The Freedom Fighters were looking for new recruits? The young chameleon had admired the Freedom Fighters for a good number of years now, so to be able to be trained by his role models and carry on their fight when the time comes? That was like a dream come true!

"Freedom Fighters, here I come!!!" Jackie yelled at the top of his lungs before running off to go sign up for the Freedom Fighters, not realizing that people had been looking at him as if he'd gone out of his mind.

On the outskirts of the city, a Crabmeat had been lurking about. This one, however, was controlled by no whim of Robotnik, instead by the small bee inside. Dart, making sure not to edge too close due to onlookers most likely assuming him to be hostile, spotted a loose paper which had been carried off by the wind. Hovelling over, his eyes lit up upon analyzing the content of the page. This could be his chance. An opportunity to fight back against the forces who gave him less than nothing of a youth, but to also uncover their tech. While he had needed to scrounge bits and bobs from disabled Badniks for his tank, he had hoped for more intact specimens. But that aside, this also gave him a chance to make friends. Become more than a reclusive techie. And so, confidently, if concerned about his tank being shot on sight, he navigated the backend of the woods until he arrived at the HQ.

After several months of being freed from the ice that had imprisoned her for an unknown amount of time, Crystal walked the streets of the city that people called Mobotropolis getting strange looks from the inhabitants, which didn’t bother her one bit.

She eventually came across a poster asking for warriors, thankfully she was able to learn how to write modern Mobian relatively easy from those that had found her in the ice and she understood the poster.

Despite her origins she still felt the need and desire to protect others, even though she failed her original charges.

“Kewa te bonee” she said quietly as she followed the instructions on the poster to where ever they needed the warriors they were looking for.

Last edited:

1680570949707.png

It was a picturesque day in New Mobotropolis, the sun shining up high in the sky, the flickies singing their mid day tune, and the hustle and bustle of the city’s populace a testament to their ability to thrive no matter what the Eggman Empire threw at them. It was all something that Lilium, currently walking around the downtown, so dearly admired that of the Mobians. Their ability to spring back up no matter whatever hit them, to adapt and overcome whatever was thrown their way, to not just survive, but even thrive despite the circumstances. It was certainly something that Lilium herself needed to channel now more than ever before.

She stopped for a moment, stepping out of the way of the cat and crow Mobians behind her, allowing them to pass on by. She stood by some clothing store, glancing on through the window. On display were two Mobian mannequins, one around the size of a child, posed as if to be holding the hand of the elder. Hesitantly, she’d place a hand against the window, before suddenly retracting the limb, shaking her head as she walked away from the sight.

Yes, if there was anything she needed it was the Mobian’s determination and will.

Lilium continued on her path, though frankly a little unsure of where her actual destination was. The Seedrian certainly wasn’t the sort to be around these parts of the city too often, so despite all five years of leaving here she was a little embarrassed to say she was a tad lost on where to go. Maybe she really was a country girl at her core. A quick glance at the nearby signage certainly didn’t help either, as none of the addresses or roads did anything to enlighten her. Frankly, if this went on for any longer then she might just give up and head back to her apartment!

Lilium let out a soft sigh…who was she kidding? If it was that easy of her to give up then she wouldn’t be here in the first place. No, knowing her it’d take far more to get her to quit, especially with what was at stake. No, she wouldn’t let petty confusion cloud her judgement. She needed to be persistent, not just for her own sake either. But as admirable as that was, it certainly didn’t fix the actual issue in the first place. If only there was some sign, something that’d magically fly down to show her the way. If only-

A gust of blue wind rushed past her and the other Mobians nearby, earning various gasps and shouts as fur billowed and shopping bags fell out from their hands. For Lilium, even a few flower petals came loose from her head, flying up into the air from the sudden gust before slowly floating back to the ground. Quite the surprise but Lilium could quickly hazard a guess as to the cause, especially as the once barren shop walls were now littered with an assortment of posters in all shapes and sizes, although the actual contents on the paper were all the same.

One poster came loose and fell towards the ground, only for Lilium to scoop it up and read the contents just in time.

“….Tomorrow at 11 AM….in Knothole Forest” Lilium murmured to herself as her eyes scanned the paper. Ah! Tryouts were going to be in the forest? She had been way off! Hopefully it wasn’t too late for her to sign up.

In the corner of her eye, Lilium noticed someone else showing interest in the poster. A wolf with snow white fur and a rather remarkable necklace with a large purple gem hanging from it. No, as Lilium spared a closer glance, the gem didn’t actually appear to be attached to anything. Was it a stick on sequin? Lilium’s cheeks grew hot as she realized just how long she’d been staring and quickly tore her eyes away.

Pocketing the paper, Lilium was just about to turn around to make her way over when someone nearby suddenly began loudly shouting, warning a small yelp of surprise from Lilium as she hurriedly searched for the source. Yet as her eyes scoped the city she’d find that the source of the sound nearly ran right into her! At just the last moment she moved out of the way as what appeared to be a young chameleon around her age continued running along as if nothing had happened.

A small sigh left her mouth as Lilium dusted the dirt from her cloak. Judging by what the boy said, it seemed he too was also signing up for the Freedom Fighters. Gosh, would that mean they might even be working together? Well, assuming either of them were actually able to make the cut. But, considering that they had an age limit as low as ten years old, Lilium supposed she couldn’t doubt the Freedom Fighter’s willingness to hire whoever showed up at their doorstep. Right, and she wouldn’t know unless she signed up in the first place.

Sparing one last quick glance at the white wolf, Lilium began making her way to Knothole Woods, to where she’d hopefully find Freedom Fighters HQ and take the first step to joining the organization. This was the beginning of a new chapter of her life, she knew it.

Briefly Mentioned: Rcticwolf Rcticwolf AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten
Interactions: Open!
Location: New Mobitropolis -> On the way to Freedom Fighter’s HQ

Last edited:
Crystals sensitive ears heard the screaming and looked over as she saw a chameleon run into a plant and seemed to be talking to it. She walked closer to take a closer look as her curiosity was peaked as she got closer and closer, the plant seemed to release a pleasant smell that tickled her nose. She then noticed the plant had an arm and stuffed the poster she had just been looking at into a pocket.

After a minute she approached the two and pointed at another poster for the tryouts “came keva?” She asked even though she knew they wouldn’t understand. AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat SheepKing SheepKing

1680593776488.png

Lilium felt her cheeks grow even hotter as the wolf from before began sniffing around her flowers, feeling a tad self conscious. We’re they really that fragrant? Shoot, were they fragrant in a bad way? Thankfully before she could stress herself out any further the lady finally broke the awkward silence between them. Not so thankfully it was in a language that Lilium didn’t understand in the slightest.

“…Came keva?” Lilium found herself parroting back.

Yep, not English obviously and it didn’t sound anything like Seedrian (not that she’d expect a Mobian of all people to know it of course) so what did that leave?…a whole lot of other languages that Lilium didn’t understand in the slightest. So yep, back at square one.

For a moment, Lilium raised her hand as if to speak before quickly lowering it, as she wrecked her mind for a proper response. How do you tell someone you can’t understand them when they probably wouldn’t understand you in the first place? Well, she supposed it wouldn’t hurt to at least try as unlikely as it was, so hesitantly she’d respond,

“English?…┈𝄑𝄑𝄐‴𝄪〜̀?”

Just as she was ready to quit, Lilium quickly realized something. The wolf lady had been reading the poster hadn’t she? That might mean she can read written English! Oh, then was that was she was asking about? Lilium hurriedly pulled out an old pen and the poster she’d pocketed moments before, flipping the paper on its back so she could write on the blank surface. After a minute or so she’d eventually hand the paper to the lady, giving a small thumbs up before offering up her hand.

‘Are you interested in tryouts? I can take you to HQ if you need directions. I’m going there as well’

Interactions: @Rticwolf

Lilium felt her cheeks grow even hotter as the wolf from before began sniffing around her flowers, feeling a tad self conscious. We’re they really that fragrant? Shoot, were they fragrant in a bad way? Thankfully before she could stress herself out any further the lady finally broke the awkward silence between them. Not so thankfully it was in a language that Lilium didn’t understand in the slightest.

“…Came keva?” Lilium found herself parroting back.

Yep, not English obviously and it didn’t sound anything like Seedrian (not that she’d expect a Mobian of all people to know it of course) so what did that leave?…a whole lot of other languages that Lilium didn’t understand in the slightest. So yep, back at square one.

For a moment, Lilium raised her hand as if to speak before quickly lowering it, as she wrecked her mind for a proper response. How do you tell someone you can’t understand them when they probably wouldn’t understand you in the first place? Well, she supposed it wouldn’t hurt to at least try as unlikely as it was, so hesitantly she’d respond,

“English?…┈𝄑𝄑𝄐‴𝄪〜̀?”

Just as she was ready to quit, Lilium quickly realized something. The wolf lady had been reading the poster hadn’t she? That might mean she can read written English! Oh, then was that was she was asking about? Lilium hurriedly pulled out an old pen and the poster she’d pocketed moments before, flipping the paper on its back so she could write on the blank surface. After a minute or so she’d eventually hand the paper to the lady, giving a small thumbs up before offering up her hand.

‘Are you interested in tryouts? I can take you to HQ if you need directions. I’m going there as well’

Interactions: @Rticwolf

Crystal looked at the seedrian with a confused expression as she tried to speak to her. She then continued to look at the girl with even more confusion as she searched for a pen and then the poster she pocketed earlier and began writing on the blank back surface.

Crystal then realized what was happening when the girl handed her the poster with the writing on the back, she looked at her confused when she held up her thumbs with a smile.

Crystal opened her mouth for a second then shut it and began to read the note before looking at her and nodded with agreement.

“Falashee ketow Bo parimu? Vot emol sidra” she stated momentarily forgetting that the girl couldn’t understand her

1680667322746.png

Once Lilium finished writing, the Mobian wolf would eventually take the poster for herself, carefully examining the contents. For a moment Lilium was worried, especially with the general expression of confusion that decorated the stranger’s face. Had she misjudged the situation and only assumed that she’d be able to read the writing? Thankfully as she looked back up and nodded her head, Lilium found her assumption to be correct.

So, it appeared the stranger was interested in going to tryouts. Although Lilium was curious as to how a language barrier might impact the other’s chances of actually getting in, who was she to deny her the opportunity to at least try.

And so, Lilium motioned for her to join, hoping the other would get the cue.

“Knothole woods isn’t too far of a walk, follow me please”

If the white wolf were to accept, they’d make their way over to HQ and sign up for tryouts.

Interactions: Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Time skip!

The next morning, Jackie arrived at the Freedom Fighters HQ for the tryouts. He was guided through the hallways by multiple arrows before eventually arriving in a large hallway with multiple rows of chairs lined up in front of a large stage. The young chameleon was shocked, however, to find that most seats had already been taken. There had to be hundreds of kids between the ages of 10 and 18 at the event, and Jackie had no idea there'd be this many people at the event. Looking over the multiple rows of chairs, he found an empty seat and sighed in relief as he proceeded to sit down there, sitting in the back rows of the crowd.

Jackie looked around the room, and the young chameleon couldn't contain his excitement any longer, so he took a deep breath and yelled out: "THIS IS GONNA BE SO AWESOOOOME!!!!" Right after Jackie yelled that, all the people in the room that were previously talking fell silent for a moment. Jackie was glad he got that out of his system. Now it was all a matter of waiting for Sonic and the other Freedom Fighters to show up so that they could get the show on the road.

WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten SuperPurple SuperPurple SheepKing SheepKing Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Crystal followed the chameleon and seedrian as they traveled through the knothole woods until they came across a seemingly ordinary structure that was well camouflaged among the forestry, she thought of this as odd.

The three entered the structure and descended down an elevator, which caused crystal to be more twitchy as she never encounter such a thing.

Soon they reached an intersection of hallways that had arrows pointing the directions to many places in the area, but before she could even read any of them the chameleon took off running down one of the halls like a young pup playing in the snow.

After he ran off she read the signs and found the one that was pointing to where all the recruits were to head for a meeting room, she soon finds it and steps into the room just as the chameleon shouts at the top of his lungs, which made her wince in pain and cover her ears due to the high pitch of his voice and the echo off the walls.

She stayed at the back of the room and waited. AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat SheepKing SheepKing

Last edited:
Wilby The Cat

It was an intimidating sight to say the least. Wilby was grateful that Rocco had accompanied him, as he wasn't sure he would've been able to make his way through otherwise. A little push was all the cat needed, but once he was sat, looking around at the unfamiliar faces, Rocco was already waving at him on his way out the door. Wilby didn't protest this. Rocco didn't want to take up space among the potential recruits, and Wilby didn't need him anyway. On the road, making friends could be as simple as a hello, and he was sure this would be no different.

"Howdy, the name's-"

His first attempt at communication was squandered by the exclamation of "THIS IS GONNA BE SO AWESOOOOME!!!!", that stunned the audience to silence, Wilby included. The stranger in front of him hadn't heard him, so to spare himself from the awkwardness, the cat changed tactics. He turned around, kneeling on his seat to find the source of the yelling in the few rows behind him. He couldn't be certain, so he called back.

"WOOHOO!"

Wilby grinned, scanning for reaction.

"Are we all ready to do this!?"

Fibre the Glider

Fibre had made it her goal to be one of the first to show up for the Freedom Fighter’s recruitment meeting, wanting to make a good first impression and secure a spot away from most of the other kids and teens bound to attend. However, it seemed she wasn’t the only one with that idea. By the time she had navigated the arrowed hallways of the headquarters, she found that about a hundred or so had already beat her to the punch. Darn early birds… At least it wasn’t cramped. Yet.

Seemingly jinxing herself, more and more mobians trickled into the meeting room with time and made Fibre’s fur begin to stand on end. She figured there would be a high turnout, but nothing like this! With a frustrated huff and twitch of her whiskers she curled her tail around her front, holding it protectively from any passersby who were attempting to search for a seat among the sea of bodies. She wouldn’t allow anyone to get close enough to even attempt grazing the feather-like appendage, trying to ensure others would simply have to pass through another row by having Optic the Omochao sit in the chair directly beside her.

Is it even safe to have this many mobians crowded into one room…” Fibre muttered under her breath.

Scan indicates that there are still spaces available to accommodate attendees, including the row you have designated our—

Sh-Shush Optic! I am NOT giving up these spaces! The last thing I want is some rando sitting shoulder to shoulder with me, or some dummy who can’t sit still, or keep their hands to themself, or—“ Fibre quickly whispered to the bot in a scolding tone, releasing her tail to lift Optic from its seat to meet her eyes. She had effectively freed a place beside her in the process and wouldn’t even notice if anyone had intended to make their way over, currently occupied with the meddlesome machine in her hands.

However, Fibre’s hushed rant was interrupted by a loud declaration of excitement that startled her out of speaking. She swiftly shut her mouth so she wouldn’t be perceived as the one who made the outburst, flinching again as another shout cut through the silence. She had a perturbed glare on her face as she scanned the crowd to put faces to the culprits, whispering to herself again.

I would hope the future of the Freedom Fighters would take this a little more seriously…

Interactions: Open!

Quill pushed past the foliage into the clearing where the old Freedom Fighters HQ lay nestled into the woods. She'd never seen it in person, but it wasn't far off from how it had been described in the stories she'd often heard. If she hadn't been given directions on where to go, she probably wouldn't have even found the damn place. She looked down at the flyer in her hands again--yep, this was it--but couldn't help letting out an unconfident sigh. A part of her wanted to turn and head back to the city--it'd probably be safer for everyone in the long run, honestly--but she knew this was what she needed to do. If she wanted this war to end, sitting around wouldn't help anyone.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts and stuffing the paper in a pocket of her jacket, she headed into the building, surprised to find it empty. Thankfully, some arrows along the wall pointed the way to an elevator at the back of the room. Guess there really was more to this place than just a clubhouse.

"Down it is..." Quill muttered to no one in particular before stepping into the elevator. At the bottom, more arrows directed her down the hall towards the sound of a large crowd. Based on the noise, there had to be at least a couple hundred people...damn, how many people signed up for this thing? Sure enough, the hallway opened up into a larger clearing, where Quill noticed several rows of chairs had been set up in front of a large stage--rows of chairs that were mostly already full with Mobian teenagers, some around her age, but mostly a few years younger.

Yikes. That was some pretty tight seating. It looked like there were a couple of open spots near some green squirrel kid yelling at an Omochao, but she doubted they'd be empty for long. It was probably better for her to stay back behind the seats where things were a little more breathable. Quill slumped against one of the walls, first turning her attention to the stage, then the massive audience that was quickly assembling. How many people turned up to this thing?

Her eyes momentarily met those of the wolf girl leaning against the opposite wall. She looked to be about the same age as Quill, but there was something...weird about her that she couldn't put her finger on. Not really sure what else to do, she offered the girl an apathetic nod and wave, and a "Hey" that she wasn't even sure could be heard above the racket of the crowd in front of them.

At that, her gaze turned back to the stage. Guess there wasn't anything left to do but wait and see what this was all about.

Hovelling in, miraculously damaging nothing with the limited movement he was offered, Dart looked around the room at his soon-to-be companions. Seeing the bunch, his thoughts were at first optimistic, as what seemed like a fair amount had arrived. But then it set in that they would effectively be soldiers, and this was no large army. Hopefully whatever tricks the others had up their sleeves was enough, and he desperately hoped his abilities could suffice as well. Moving into the room, he climbed a chair and took his place, muttering to himself as he stared out across the area, once again surveying everyone. "Whatever this ends up being, I sure hope I can figure it out. But on the bright side, no one's attacked me yet."

1680930822344.png

The forest, typically a peaceful quiet retreat from the hustle and bustle of New Mobotroplis, was absolutely flooded with children. From the eldest eighteen year olds all the way to those who’d just turned ten that day, the tranquility of Knothole Woods was no longer to be found, something that certainly didn’t help when it came to Lilium’s nerves. Giggles, screaming, chatting, yapping, you name it. It it was a sound that could come from underdeveloped vocal cords then surely one child from the flood of youth was making it. And while it’d be totally unreasonable for her to expect total silence, Lilium still couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed all the same.

Taking a deep breath, the Seedrian forced her mind away from the crowds, as she shifted attention instead to what most there surely only considered to be a backdrop. The plentiful flora and gorgeous nature that they were walking through. Knothole Woods would never beat the sights of what Feral Forest offers… or well once offered, but Lilium still could fiercely appreciate it’s beauty and its function. After all, back when the citizens had lived in Knothole proper, had it not been these very same trees that had protected them decades ago? Each branch, each leaf, was a connection to the Mobian’s past and history.

Lilium stopped for a moment, placing her head against an old magnificent oak tree. Almost immediately she could feel the gentle stir of life energy, vibrant and healthy even with its impressive age. Closing her eyes, Lilium smiled as she whispered between the cracks of its bark.

“Please wish us all luck and may you and your brethren continue to thrive”

The elder oak would do just that as she pulled her head away, just at the right moment in time for her to spot a certain someone following from behind.

White fur and purple sequin, it was the stranger from yesterday. At first Lilium felt surprised, only to quickly remind herself that it was perfectly reasonable for her to be here considering she had been interested in attending tryouts after all.

Lilium almost considered catching up with her, but before she could lend any weight to that option the stranger was already swallowed into the depths of the crowd, none to be seen. And so, Lilium shook her head and continued on, eventually making her way to the auditorium with little effort.

Almost immediately she was greeted with an even densely packed sight, as all of the attendees struggled to fit themselves into the auditorium. Seats were being snatched up faster than Lilium could even spot them, and some at that point had given up entirely, resigning themselves to standing at the back. Not Lilium though. No, as she slid from row to row, the Seedrian was determined to get a seat before it was too late.

At first it seemed this task was going to be quickly resolved, as in the distance she could spot a few spots still left unseated. Unfortunately though, there seemed to be a mouse…no, a squirrel? Of some kind who seemed awfully uninterested in letting others pass through. Plus, with the distance between them Lilium didn’t doubt by the time she got there someone will have been brave enough to step past the mobian girl to claim the seats. No, things certainly weren’t looking good for Lilium. Just what was a Seedrian to do?

Just as when all hope seemed to be lost she’d finally found a spot! Just by where a buzzing bee had sat down was a open seat. A little close to the stage for her liking but beggars couldn’t be choosers. So, Lilium quickly scooted past the others in the row before finally seating herself, mission accomplished.

Yet even such a simple victory couldn’t be celebrated in full as right when she sat down, Lilium was startled by a sudden shout of excitement, as a mobian declared their excitement to everyone in the room. Unfortunately this had caught Lilium off guard, as she rather violently winced from the sound.

And while most didn’t have as strong of a reaction as her, it seemed there was a pretty mixed reaction from the crowd. While some, such as the feline a few rows away, eagerly shouted back, others such as the wolf stranger from before or the green rodent protecting her seats, seemed to not take as kindly to the noise, with Lilium herself landing in the latter of the groups.

The Mobian bee however, at least from what Lilium could hear, seemed to have a rather strange reaction, muttering something about his relief that no one had attacked him yet.

If Lilium had eyebrows then she probably would have raised one in confusion. Just what did that mean?

Briefly Mentioned: (Basically everyone)
Interactions: SuperPurple SuperPurple

Oak the Bear

Interactions: None currently​

As more and more young aspirants came into the room, each taking their seat, one very large one came in. Easily one of the tallest in the entire room, Oak stepped into the room, looking around for where he could take a seat. He gave off the impression of being a really tough guy, but was really a very sweet and kind guy. He walked up to a young hedgehog and a rabbit that were sitting near the back, seeing a seat next to them. As soon as the two of them saw him approaching, they started to shake a bit in fear. "Hey, can I seat here?" He asked, but the two of them quickly got up and went away to get themselves different seats. "H-Hey, you don't have to leave!" He called, but the two were already on the other side of the room. "Uh... ok?" He said. He kind of wished people didn't judge him based on his tough appearance.

Shimmer the Cat

Interactions: Fibre the Glider ( salti salti )​

Meanwhile, a yellow cat also stepped into the room. "Oh my, I can't believe I'm really here! This is going to be so exiting!" Shimmer said, her excitement being such that she emitted a couple of sparks of electricity. "Oh my, I'd better control myself." She said to herself, giggling slightly. She kept on walking further into the room, looking for a place to take a seat. There, she noticed a green squirrel who was talking to an Omochao. There were a few empty seats nearby, one right next to the green squirrel in fact, so she decided to walk over to the green squirrel and the Omochao and talk.

"Heya!" She greeted the green squirrel with great excitement. "I'm Shimmer! What's your name?" She asked the squirrel. "Can I sit here? This Omochao looks cool!" She added. She really was the talkative type, she felt perfectly comfortable just walking up to someone new and talking to them. Who knows? If both of them became Freedom Fighters, they could be great friends!

Shade the Raccoon

Interactions: None currently (Is located near Quill ( TacoRocky TacoRocky ) though)​

Meanwhile, in another area of the room, Shade made sure to make his entrance as stealthily as possible. He entered the room quickly without making any noise, and made his way past groups of mobians that were talking, without alerting any of them of his presence. He had practiced his stealth skills for years, so he was pretty good at it by now. He decided it would make most sense for him to take one of the back seats, where there still seemed to be more space overall, so that's what he did.

He quickly scanned the place with his eyes until he found an area where there seemed to be more empty seats, and he took his seat, rather close to where Quill currently was, but the section still seemed to have more space than the front rows overall, so it seemed like a good option. Shade just sat down, and then looked around a bit more, observing everyone else in the room. While he didn't talk much, he did enjoy people-watching. Plus, since all of these people were here for the same reason as him, it seemed like a good idea to learn about them. They'd potentially become his teammates in the future, and this was his preferred way to get to know people, by just watching in silence.

Jackie watched as he saw the room fill up with more and more people, and at one point, he saw a very large bear enter the room and take a seat. Jackie was amazed by how big the bear was; While most Mobians were around 4 feet usually, this bear has to be at least 6 feet! Jackie was very curious about the bear so he got up from his seat, walked over to the bear and proceeded to plop down in the seat that was right next to the bear.

"Hi, mister! What a turnout for the Freedom Fighter tryouts, wouldn't you say? Are you excited for the tryouts? Do you think that the Freedom Fighters will be giving a speech when the tryouts begin? Who do you hope will be giving a speech? I'm personally hoping for Sonic himself to be giving a speech, because he's the kind of speedster that I aspire to be like!" Jackie fired these questions at the bear in a rapid tempo and with a lot of excitement.

Redfork2000 Redfork2000

Oak the Bear

Interactions:
Jackie ( AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat )​

Oak was taken by surprise as he heard someone talking to him. He looked in the direction the voice was coming from, and saw a green chameleon had sat down next to him. He seemed pretty friendly, which made Oak smile.

"Yeah, I assumed there'd be a lot of people coming, but I never thought so many people would be here." He replied. Jackie kept adding more questions, a bit faster than Oak could keep track of, but he really appreciated the chameleon's friendly and excited attitude. "A speech from the Freedom Fighters would be really cool!" He added with a slight chuckle. "It does sound like the kind of think Sonic would do. He's probably really good at inspiring people." Oak replied. He had never met Sonic in person, so it'd be cool to get to see him in real life.

"Oh by the way, my name is Oak." he added. This chameleon seemed so friendly, and that made him happy. Maybe they could be friends!

"My name's Jackie! It's nice to meet you, Oak!" Jackie beamed at the bear. "So, what do you think we'll have to do at the tryouts? Do you think we'll have to show off our abilities in like a talent show kind of way? Seems like a bit of a boring way for us to show the Freedom Fighters we're worthy of being the next generation if you ask me! I honestly wanna get out on the battlefield and prove my worth to beating up robots, if you get what I mean!" Jackie giggled after introducing himself to Oak, continuing to be a little bundle of energy.

Jackie then proceeded to check the clock. It was currently 10:55 AM, so it shouldn't take much longer for the Freedom Fighters to start the tryouts. But until then, he'd be more than happy to talk with Oak or anyone else that happened to have come to the tryouts that day. Jackie then turned back to Oak. "Who do you think will be giving a speech, other than Sonic? I'm thinking that at least one person from Team Dark will be giving a speech as well, given that Team Dark has also done so much in keeping Mobius safe from the clutches of the Eggman Empire! I also heard that time traveling hedgehog, Silver and the princess from the other dimension, Blaze will be here today too! You think they'll be giving a speech today too?" He continued to fire these questions at the bear, being unaware that the bear would likely have a hard time keeping up with all of them.

Redfork2000 Redfork2000

Oak the Bear

Interactions:
Jackie ( AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat )​

Oak smiled, it seemed like he was making a new friend, and that really made him feel glad. "Nice to meet you too, Jackie." He replied. The chameleon then asked him what he thought they'd have to do at the tryouts. Oak took a bit to think of his answer, but before he could respond, Jackie already asked several more questions. He was having a hard time keeping up with all of them, but he tried his best nonetheless.

"Maybe some kind of obstacle course could be cool?" Oak suggested. "It would give everyone a chance to show how they can use their abilities in different ways. I'm not sure if we'll be fighting robots from the start though... I think they might want to train us first to make sure we're ready." Oak added. "A talent show could be fun though." He added. Even though they had different opinions on what the best idea for the tryouts was, he still really enjoyed the conversation a lot, and was smiling throughout the conversation. For such a large bear who had a fitting low-pitched voice, he was a really gentle guy.

"I kind of hope Knuckles shows up too. I'm not as much of a speedster, but I am pretty strong, so I kind of look up to be like him." Oak added. He was surprised to hear that Silver and Blaze would be here too. He never even thought they'd be here, with Silver being from a completely different time period, and Blaze having her own responsibilities in her home dimension, but it would be really cool to meet them too! "I wonder how many of them will be giving a speech." he replied. There were so many cool heroes that he looked up to, he had a feeling that no matter which of them gave a speech, it would still be an amazing moment regardless.

AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat

(Time for Crystal to get into trouble, lol)

Crystal grew tired of waiting as she was more curious to explore this strange structure. She leaves the hall of annoying loud children and begins to walk down the halls of the facility, she could read the arrows that listed different places in the area she picked a direction and followed it into an area she had no reason being in, but of course she never saw any signs forbidding it so she kept walking to see what she could find.

Quill almost didn't notice the raccoon crouching next to her--when she'd last glanced in that direction there was no one there, but the next time she looked over, it was like the guy had just popped into existence. While she was able to restrain herself from jumping in alarm, she couldn't stop a quiet curse escaping her lips, and instinctively backed away a little.

Good thing he didn't seem to notice her reaction; it looked like he was too absorbed in doing much of what she'd been doing. That was fine with her; this guy didn't seem like he'd be easy to talk to. Though to be fair, she was having a bit of trouble getting a bearing on what kind of person he was. Even his expression was hard to read; Quill couldn't tell if he was just passing the time scanning the crowd or actively scoping out the competition.

Huh. It was a little weird to think of this as being a competition, but it did make sense that only a few of the people in this crowd would end up making it into the official team. They were all signing up for some pretty dangerous stuff, so only the ones that could prove they could take it would be given the chance to; no reason to risk someone inexperienced getting hurt.

Her thoughts were drawn back to the room as she began to overhear a conversation between two of the other volunteers--from the sound of it, a bit of a one-sided chat. She couldn't make out what they were saying at this distance, but she could definitely hear the younger-sounding voice speaking a lot more and a lot faster than the older, gentler one. Turning her attention towards the noise, she saw a very excited chameleon kid talking to a massive bear. From the looks of it, the kid was shooting stuff off to his buddy pretty fast, and while the big guy was responding, Quill could tell he was getting overwhelmed.

Hoo boy, yep, she knew that feel. Some of her fans got that excited whenever she ran into them in the city. It was great to have their support and see how much her music impacted them, but she'd be lying if she said all that attention and information didn't make her brain short circuit sometimes. Maybe the big guy could use some help.

Letting out an amused sigh, she popped herself off the wall and ambled over to the pair, carefully skirting around the small clusters of excited applicants without breaking her stride. As she got closer, she began to make out more of the two's conversation; it sounded like they were discussing what the examination process would end up being, and which famous faces would make an appearance. Quill could also see that the bear guy was becoming a bit more relaxed. Maybe the conversation had slowed a little or he'd gotten used to the kid's way of speaking. Problem solved, sort of.

An obstacle course, huh? She thought to herself, commenting on what she'd overheard. Well, she was already over here; maybe they wouldn't mind her popping in on their talk to give her two cents.

"If you don't mind me taking a stab in the dark," She called out to the two as she approached. "I'd guess there'll be multiple stages to this whole exam thing. An obstacle course'd test a lot of talents, but if it were me, I'd get something that could quiz people on less...physical stuff."

Mentions/Interactions: Redfork2000 Redfork2000 (Oak, Shade) AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat (Jackie)

Jackie smiled and nodded. "Yeah, it makes sense to be looking up to someone strong like Knuckles when you're pretty strong yourself! I think that if Knuckles were to give a speech, it'd be really short and mostly consist of him yelling at us. I mean, that's pretty much what I'd expect him to do." The young chameleon giggled a little bit. As Jackie was about to continue conversing with Oak, he suddenly heard someone talking to him and Oak and turned to see a Mobian lionfish standing there.

The lionfish mentioned the possibility of there being multiple stages to the tryouts, voicing that an obstacle course would test a lot of talents but that she'd prefer something less physical for the tryouts. "You really think there'll be multiple stages to the tryouts? Well, I guess that makes sense. After all, we all have multiple fields of expertise, so no doubt are the Freedom Fighters going to be testing all of those fields to make sure they'll have enough people for the next generation." Jackie nodded his agreement with the lionfish. "By the way, my name's Jackie! Me and Oak over here were just talking about who we would like to give a speech! Who would you like to give a speech? And what's your name, by the way?" He asked the lionfish curiously.

Redfork2000 Redfork2000 TacoRocky TacoRocky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back