• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Newcastle (Open!!)

Characters
Here
Ophelia Warren
Tick Tick Boom

Tune Up
69 lmao
something with earthy tones probably
interactions

Jace
Winona Winona

Thrilled that Jace West was actually one of those guys who wanted to do his job-- Ophelia pocketed her drumsticks in her back pocket, tucking both of her hands in the front while she followed him around the store.

The instruments were gorgeous-- this entire store probably costed more than sixty-thousand bucks... so she thought anyway.

What she'd do to work here? She'd...

Yeah, no, she wouldn't do that...

Ophelia felt a strong pang of envy while her gaze roamed around the room.

Her job wasn't anywhere near as fun. The Greasy Spoon was a fast-food restaurant that had her smelling like fries and a little bit of weed, (not entirely Javi's fault.) It wasn't a scent popular with the ladies.

To be fair, Ophelia wasn't very popular with the ladies-- but that was gonna change, chicks loved drummers.

And Ophelia fit the part perfectly.

"It runs five hundred dollars."

Did she hear that right? It was like the words echoed in the store from how her brain kept repeating his phrase.

Fivehundreddollarsfivehundreddollarsfivehundreddollarsfivehundreddollars

Five. hundred. fucking--

"Yeah, sounds like a reasonable price..."

To hell it didn't! Fuck this. How the hell was she supposed to pay for instruments of her entire band if one keyboard was going to cost her a hundred and fifty alone?

Oliver didn't even know how to play the fucking piano-- the kid barely knew how to wipe his own ass. What the fuck was Ophelia supposed to do with that?

"Alright, uh... you know what, maybe you can just help me with..." Oph walked over to where the electronic drums sat, picking up a guitar-- that was only mildly beaten up, strings were loose and it was completely out of tune.

She practiced a bit with it before-hand and while Oph picked up a few things... her heart belonged to the drums.

"I'm not very in touch with my guitar-side. It was my brother's." She said, handing the red-electric guitar over to him. She tried to come up with possible solutions, maybe if she took up extra shifts? She'd be able to have the money in... about six months.

After the competition.

While Jace messed with the guitar, Oph twiddled her thumbs took her hands out of her pockets and let her fingers continuously drum on her thighs, breathing out a breath in a 'o' shape of her mouth.

She supposed she could try talking to some of the other members, see if they'd be willing to put any money up... but seeing as though Bernie was playing in a burger king jungle gym, Oliver couldn't read, Haewon was... she didn't know much about them and Jade was... Jade.

Ophelia felt like she didn't have much of a choice here except...

"Hey so, do you have like... tabs... or like payment plans... or..."

She was desperate.

"I got fifty bucks in my pocket, a stick of gum and a half of a joint-- I'm a struggling, sixteen year old lesbian trying to start a band in my garage. The world isn't on my side here but..."

Hopefully you'd be?

"Maybe I could like, do part-time here? Throw a second job on my already...really hectic life, but that's okay. It's for the greater good."

The greater good?

To Be Determined.

; )
coded by natasha.

Raven Rivera
restaurant : )
tired & not hungry
something casual
interactions

hery hery

She watched them back and forth intensely, Annabeth was clearly nervous– worried even. Raven would’ve been too in her shoes.

Maybe she shouldn't have locked the door.

At least Kira apologized. It was an odd way to have an interview– felt almost like they… yeah, they technically trapped her. But if they weren’t going to get the story, who was? Annabeth couldn’t hide behind prepared speeches and a PR team forever.

Sometimes the truth came out in public bathrooms whether you liked it or not.

“This is my partner, Raven.”

A two-fingered salute was sent her way.

"We're journalists."

Ha.

They were a bunch of wannabes. At least Raven was, Kira was slowly making her way up at The Post, something she both admired her for and envied-- though it gave her some ounce of hope that maybe... in a year or so,

she'd be up there with an actual title, writing away practical paperwork and getting experience in short spurts instead of figuring out how a printer from twenty years ago worked.

"But my colleague and I couldn't help but feel that your delivery today was rather... abrupt. You didn't write much of that statement, did you?"

Raven held back a grin when Annabeth’s gaze trailed towards her, she squashed any evidence of it, clearing her throat. Kira was going straight for it and Raven had to admit it, it was like watching a personal role model solve world hunger.

"Listen, neither of us are recording this conversation."

She held up her phone that she previously turned off in the car-ride over here. The constant messages of her peers weren’t something she needed to deal with right now.

"We're not even real writers... yet. We just want to help, so if there's anything you have that can—"

"I'm afraid there's not much I can say that you haven't already heard. We have Jameson's team to thank for that. And..."

Raven began to lose patience, opening her mouth before she had the chance to think it over.

“Thank? Come on–”

Kira cut her off, eager to get what Annabeth was hinting at. "But you admit that something drove you to silence. Something systemic." That much was clear but Raven didn’t think they were gonna get much farther than that.

There had to be a reason why she was so tight-lipped.

"Like I said earlier, there were differences. Those are to be expected in a political office."

"Are they? To what scale?"

Raven let off the door, taking a step towards Kira and Annabeth. “Is it a difference morally? I-is there some kind of strategy you weren’t willing to take? There has to be–”

"Listen, I can tell the two of you are new to this, and as well-intentioned as you may be—"

"What, that's not enough!" Kira argued and Raven went silent, shaking her head because she knew where this was going.

No.

Because of course it wasn’t. Honesty wasn’t going to win over whoever had convinced her to keep her mouth shut. Whatever they offered– or threatened was far more important than getting the truth out there.

"Yes, it is! Unless you have the manpower to take down an entire corporate empire and eliminate a non-disclosure agreement, this story ends here. Good day, Miss Gauthier!"

This story ends here.

The worst part is, Raven probably would’ve done the same. Which is why she didn’t rag on Kira anymore than she was already beating herself up for the less-than interview Raven barely provided help in.

"Dammit, dammit!" She slammed her fist into the wall and Raven rubbed at the temples of her head, watching her cautiously, some– if not only a fraction of her anger dispersed seeing Kira actually show her emotions instead of under the surface or unintelligible muttering in a language she couldn’t understand.

“Kira,” Raven started, attempting to pull her out of the pit she was slowly falling to.

"We were getting somewhere!"

“We weren’t,”

"I'm sorry. I thought I had it."

“Yeah, me too.”

.・゜゜・・゜゜・.
The Lucky Duck.

A small restaurant Raven didn’t frequent too much to know the servers by name, but it was close to her place and affordable when she didn’t eat in– which was almost never. Raven wasn’t a cook by any means.

The cheap decor, deep red lanterns hung from the ceiling with gold decals, minor noise in the restaurant except for the workers in the back seeing as they were the only pair here besides the elderly couple a booth across from them.

She struggled with the chopsticks but was stubborn enough to attempt over and over, not bothering to pick up the fork beside her.

“Stop thinking about what you could’ve done differently, she wasn’t gonna budge."

She should be starving. She hadn’t eaten all day.

But the high of getting a possible story and the low of getting it torn away from her all within the span of two hours had ripped away her appetite more than a surprise visit at three o’clock in the morning that led her to getting barely any sleep.

Her phone went off, a notification appearing on her screen.

Today’s news!

Dayton Daily’s newest article: By Emilia Levine

Political Consultant Annabeth Perkins steps down;

Raven squinted at the screen, unlocking her phone and reading through a few paragraphs as well as quotes from Annabeth’s speech along with the journalist’s questions attached.

There was only one quote that stood out to her.

A fellow journalist had posed the question at the press conference. “Nobody steps down by choice, do you think it’s a front?”

And so I ask, do you think it’s a front?

“No mames,” Raven laughed and slid her phone to Kira, letting her read it over while she went at the sweet and sour chicken with her chopsticks again.

Successful.

She popped the mix of savory and sweet into her mouth and carefully gauged Kira’s reaction. Raven didn’t even have to click on the journal’s corner photo of the Dayton’s website, she knew it was that girl who was eying them the entire time they walked in.

Peterson was right. Dayton loved their speculations.

“Never thought I’d end up in the news unless I died horrifically,” Raven gestured with her chopsticks, an invisible headline. “Local girl passes away, food poisoning from a low-end chinese restaurant.”

She was in a better mood than she was earlier. Maybe she just needed to get off her feet for a bit.

Take a moment to breathe, to not dwell over her boss’s watchful gaze, her desperation for a story, and her mother’s sudden appearance back into her life.

Don’t get her wrong though, Raven was still upset that they weren’t able to get the story– even more so that a rival media company had used her own quote, even if it was plain speculation… it just didn’t sit right with her.

Something about Annabeth’s whole story, her speech, the NDA– you don’t get an NDA unless you’re afraid of something getting out. That’s all it really came down to, isn’t it?

Fear.

What the hell was Jameson’s team so afraid of?

“So…”

Raven took a sip of water, placing the glass back onto the table while the waiter passed by them, offering a smile and dropping two fortune cookies along with the check.

The dark-haired girl picked up one, messing with the wrapper but not opening it just yet. A grin appeared but since there were no political figures around, she didn’t have to squash this one.

“We’re partners, huh?”

Oh yeah, she wasn’t letting that one go.
coded by natasha.

Magnolia D.
mood
Time to have a good time~

outfit
Carnival ready

Mentions
Spencer

tags
Xed Xed

Maggie listened as he picked the Viking ride. Good choice, interesting honestly. Though considering he seemed as excited as her to get on all these rides perhaps their was a hidden adrenaline junkie behind that smile. Perhaps she's underestimated her friend?

She liked it for two reasons. Yes the view all around was great as well as below, but the floating sensation got it for her. When you reached the peak and it stopped for just a moment but your body still wants to keep going. The slight looseness from only the bar to keep you locked in, but that slight feeling still that you could slip out and just keep going? Yah that was a rush. The tug at her gut just before the drop was worth it. That sensation before gravity sinks in and presses against you leaves her breathless.

The second? the wind in her hair felt great. She kinda felt bad for those around her that might get whipped in the face, but it was so freeing. She was superwoman soaring through the sky in rides like that. Her hair was tied back...kinda. She'd just have to ask for forgiveness afterwards, especially if Spencer wound up being a casualty.

The kids passed by and it caused Maggie to giggle a bit at his comment, even if he was 100% right. Hey ever person counted!

She was slightly surprised to see him start to jog and get into his little mini race with them causing her to pick up the pace herself. It was childish, but fun. Perhaps that's why she liked places like this. She could act like a kid. You know that thing she never got to be when she actually was because of her family. That thing she'll never be allowed to be again.

Children were innocent and she'd lost that a long time ago. There wasn't any hope for her anymore, so moments like this? Glimpses of a taste of childhood was more then she could ask for to sooth the unspoken craving.

The sight kinda warmed her heart. Perhaps it was the fact that he kinda looked like how she imagined a big brother playing with his little brother would. Right down to even letting him win in the end. Her brother never let her win. Family was complicated in her mind. This was sweet, but Maggie has never been one to be able to associate sweet with the word family. Then again these two weren't actually related which might be why it was a sweet interaction rather then the turmoil Maggie usually knew to be family interactions.

She wanted to feel like that's how siblings might interact...but that's not been her experience...or most that she knew. Of the siblings she knew most didn't get along that great. Dorian and Maddie were good she supposed.

"Eh it's worth it." she chimed before placing her arm on his shoulder leaning on him like an arm rest even though he was taller then her, "But hey if you wanna make it up to me I won't object." She shot him a playful wink before whipping out the map again and pointing to a funnel cake stand, "I accept repentance in the form of sugary snacks especially of the cake variety."

She placed her hand over her heart in mock offence at his words, "Terribly performed?!?" Her grin widened into a Cheshire like smile from ear to ear, "Oh on the contrary! In fact I think you've set the bar pretty high." She gestured with her hand raising it to match his height getting on her tip toes. "You jogged all the way here! The only way to beat that is for a little race of our own next. I don't know if I'll be as steep a competition as him, but I sure can try." She laughed giving a thumbs up.

"I'm a betting gal, so winners pick the next ride?" She offered as the line began to move putting them just a couple turns from getting on. They now had a nice list of rides to go to, so choosing the order this way might be fun.
coded by reveriee.

Ashton West
beach commercial thingy
booo work
clothes
interactions

Viv @jazzyball
Although she'd suggested it, Ash also... really didn't want to start. The sooner they were finished with this stupid commercial whatever, the sooner she'd be back in the car with her mother, and then it'd be back to their stupid house. And she'd be stuck with hours and hours of staring at her ceiling until she was dragged to whatever the next job was.

Such a riveting life, right?

It had been quite the adjustment period from her life in New York, and she couldn't help but feel a twinge of yearning in her heart. But she took in a deep breath and forced a smile onto her face, and then she followed after Viv over to their moms.

And then the yearning was placed by a bit of jealousy at the way that Viv and her mother interacted -- it was so... just so gentle. If Ash dared to lay any kind of hand on her mom, Elise would undoubtedly have her head. She cast a glance out of the corner of her eye at her mother, and she could see that (surprise) her mother was clearly irritated, and probably over nothing.

It was just kind of how the woman worked.

"Hey, we were, ahh..." as Ash spoke, she reached a hand out to rest it on her mother's arm, but she angrily jerked her arm away, and glared down at her daughter. Ash's smile didn't waver as she clasped her hands together in front of her. "We were talking about getting started with the job -- so we could get out of here sooner." And keep you from embarrassing me in front of random people....

The only reason Elise hadn't caused Ash's career to be blackballed by this point was... simply because they were rich. Her mom (or, rather, her grandparents) paid so much money to ensure that if some of these businesses were to refuse to work with her, they'd be hurting. Plus now, she had enough of a following that the benefits to using her in something far outweighed the downsides.

"C'mon," she said with a smile, and she started to walk past, her hand taking Viv's and tugging her along after her. "Have you done a lot of commercials before?"
coded by natasha.

Logan Cruz
location here
tired
clothes
interactions

Maverick @jazzyball
Her eyes followed the glass bottle as it took it from the shelf, and deposited it in his cart. There was a lump in her throat -- the last time she'd had it had also been the first time. Shot after shot of whiskey, until the coughing and feeling of scorching down her throat from the golden liquid was replaced by loose arms and even looser morals.

She'd found herself doubled over a toilet a few hours after making the biggest mistake of her life, and then a few weeks later, she was doubled over it again. And a missed period later, she was gripping the pregnancy test in her hand, eyes blurring her vision, but unable to blur the two bright lines. And then she'd again been bent over the toilet, sick to her stomach from morning sickness and watching her future be washed away before her.

The guy's words pulled her out of her reverie again, and she blinked at him. At least if asked, she could excuse herself as just being tired. It was believable -- mostly because it was true. A half-hearted smile appeared on the brunette's face, the most that she could muster with her depleting energy levels.

"Yeah, I'm... good, thanks," she said, struggling to stifle a yawn, before she realized that she'd been rather rude, and she'd never bothered to off her name. "Oh, I'm umm... I'm Logan," and being the... rather awkward person she was when it came to social interactions, she held her hand out to shake. "Logan... Cruz. This is ahh, this is Axel," she explained, pointing down at the baby.

She glanced in the direction of his kid, who was clearly older than Axel, and well, she was jealous.

"Does... she... sleep through the night...?"

Do you wanna trade?
coded by natasha.

Jace West
Tune Up, aka his store
happy
clothes
interactions

Ophelia Soap Soap
The guitar that Oph passed to him had clearly been through a lot. It was battered and beaten, and he was pretty sure one of the strings should really just be replaced, but that was fine. He walked a few feet away, and came to sit down on a stool so he could prop the guitar up on his lap.

Now, most people probably would've used an electric tuner for this type of thing, but over time, he'd developed an ear for it and no longer needed the help of such tools.

As he tightened and played around with the strings, every now and again coming to strum the guitar, he also listened as Oph spoke. His pale gaze traded places between the guitar's neck and the girl's face as she spoke.

Second job... payment plan...

Right, this was a high school girl, and clearly not one that was well off.

"How about, instead," Jace started as he continued to play with the guitar. He hesitated for a moment in his speech so he could listen, and then continued to speak. "I'll lend you the instruments and... everything you need. And..."

He trailed off as he stopped again to listen to the guitar. Now satisfied with its tuning, he held it back out to Oph, and clasped his hands in his lap.

"Just pay me back when you guys become famous."
coded by natasha.

Antonio
mood
This is fun, sure

outfit
Casual

Mentions
N/A

tags
Soap Soap

“I can handle a bruise or two if it means I won’t be alone,” as the words left her lips Tony couldn't help as his facial features softened. He briefly wondered just how deeply that simple comment ran.

Words meant a lot to him both on a professional and personal level ever since he was young. Always choosing his words carefully, especially since learning English because there were so many nuances to the language. It was mesmerizing, but complicated and conveying proper emotion and ideologies was sometimes difficult still. He held the belief that people naturally released their inner emotions so long as society didn't shut them out.

Even when they do he always felt like their were bread crumbs. Things like this that on the surface could mean nothing, but could also mean so much more.

He was pulled from his inner thoughts as she took his hand. The physical contact a reminder for him to be in the present, and not in his head.

Once the child walked up to them it dawned on him this might happen quite a bit. He gladly took the photo since It didn't bother him too much regardless. Sure it wasn't a lifestyle he ever wanted to return to, but if it made Liv happy he'd never knock such things. He was used to being the background now and letting others take the lead. ever the supportive...something.

She handled it quickly and it was back to them...for a bit.

It was fun honestly! Plus she'd gotten pretty good for just a short period of time. Though he still held her hand like she insisted despite having a feeling she was good enough to balance herself by now. Then again that just played into the whole noticing that she clearly liked him as more then just a potential friend.

He was shocked at her admittance of not having someone to come with. He was curious and his brow rose as she tailed off. She seemed like the type to have plenty of friends especially someone to do something as simple as this with. "Well If you want to come out again you can always text me. I am not a busy man."

It wasn't a lie. He didn't actively work. Well he did but it was mostly on his own time when his editor wasn't hounding him. speaking of his editor she'd called...five times now. But that's fine he was busy clearly. Since he didn't touch his money much he was to 'broke' to go out and do much.

He chuckled following alongside her listening carefully, "Well I am glad the one drop this time has not soured your experience!"

She released his hand and he was proud of her venturing off a bit, however if the price was talking about himself he'd have preferred her to stay. "Ah! I know such a shame." He chuckled "Kidding. I've always been rather camera shy. Also talk as much as you like, it is the only way to get to know each other, Si ?"

He was trying more and more at this point especially with several of the interruptions to stay focused. The more people that came up to ask the more he felt like the place was getting more crowded then usual. He hated crowds. They made him feel like he was suffocating. He was trying tho for her sake to push through the feeling and just focus on her. Like they were the only two in the room. But that was obviously increasingly difficult, and he prayed it wasn't showing.

"Froyo? Hmmm" He thought a moment since it had been quite some time since he had some, "Probably something like cookies and crème? I feel like it is so basic, but- Oh or Mint chocolate chip! Tho I think that may be just because I like green. You? Froyo I mean, though you can tell me your favorite color too." His smile feeling a bit more forced and strained from the external strain on his mental state because it's not like so far he hadn't enjoyed being with her.
coded by reveriee.

Ophelia Warren
Tick Tick Boom

Tune Up
ur pullin' my chain rn
something with earthy tones probably
interactions

Jace
Winona Winona

"How about, instead,"

Instead...

Ophelia was all ears. She wanted to make this band happen more than anything.

Like every dream that's she's ever had, becoming a poet at twelve, starting up her own blog at fifteen and expecting to become majorly famous because of it-- or even... the dream of becoming a vet when she was four.

Ophelia wanted this band more than all three dreams combined, four if you threw in the recurring dream of her finally landing a girlfriend but that's sorta pathetic to mention so we're not gonna talk about that.

She counted down the seconds he was silent, seconds that begun to felt like hours the longer she waited.

"I'll lend you the instruments and... everything you need. And..."

Her eyes widened, blinking in shock. What? So did he want her to take up a few shifts? Maybe... do a couple favors for him?

Don't tell her he wanted--

Nah, this guy was fruity as hell.

She swallowed in anticipation while he tuned another string of the guitar, and his next words were enough for the spit to get trapped in her throat.

"Just pay me back when you guys become famous."

Ophelia choked in disbelief.

He was just gonna give her the equipment for free?

Sorry, for-fucking-free? No fucking way. No-- motherfucking way.

If she was straight she would've kissed this man straight on the lips.

She continued to choke, covering her mouth with her hand and holding up a finger for both an indication to give her a moment and that she was okay. Finally, after about twenty-seconds or so, she caught her breath. "What?" She said, her voice hoarse.

In all her... sixteen years of living, Ophelia Warren has never had someone believe in her so much to lend her thousands of dollars in musical equipment.

Come to think of it... she can't remember the last time anyone's really believed in her at all.

Wow, she was fucking depressing.

"Dude, are you actually for real? Like for real, for real? This'd be some kind of sick joke if you weren't being real..." Ophelia watched him carefully, trying to gauge if he was being genuine or playing some joke on her like... she was in fourth grade and the girl a grade above her was bullying her in the bathroom over her height.

Strangely specific-- but that's not the point right now, alright?

Jace didn't look like he was kidding... because he wasn't. He was actually serious.

"I..."

"I'm gonna be honest... I have no idea how to thank you-- or... even respond, I-I-I'll...give you my half of joint if you want it, it's yours."

Ophelia would even give him her last stick of gum if he asked. She'd probably give him whatever he wanted beyond money right now-- what that would entail, she doesn't know.

the only thing that she was certain of is...

Jace West was an angel amongst men.
coded by natasha.

Livanna Moore
Rebels

roller-rink
aw… shoot
interactions

Toni Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

Toni was treading dangerous waters. Inviting Livanna Moore to text you was a death sentence itself– she was a girl who could talk– and text your ear off. She’d message you gifs, good morning messages and a string of emojis that had no end.

But of course, if you had the time to put up with that…

You’d be getting a pretty happy Liv.

She wasn’t sure when she started depending so much on people, on socializing to make her life be less… the word she wants to say is boring.

But she knew that wasn’t true. It was just so much easier to focus on someone else instead of whatever else that was going through her head.

She didn’t label her friends as distractions because that wouldn’t be very fair to them, it certainly wouldn’t be very true either, the ties she’s made with the very few people she’s close to now… well, if they were just distractions, Liv wouldn’t be so afraid of disappointing them.

“I might take you up on that offer…”

A thrill of excitement shot into her body and straight to her stomach. Butterflies were both the best and worst feeling she’s ever gotten.

Livanna was certain if she was addicted to anything, it would be that feeling.

A kid flew past her in skates and she retracted her shoulders a bit, ignoring them completely to focus on Toni’s answers. Now if he would’ve hated froyo, this would’ve been a very different conversation.

Kidding, it was just a decent enough ice-breaker.

But he had good answers nonetheless. “Cookies and cream is good, but mint… eeeeeeehhhhhhh,” Liv’s hand tilted side-to-side for a so-so gesture.

She always loved the sweeter things, Livanna would fully and has skipped multiple actual meals just to go straight for dessert.

“It always reminds me of toothpaste, but I agree– green is a nice enough color, it’s pretty froyo, I guess you can’t go wrong if it's aesthetically pleasing… but my favorite is…”

“Excuse me?” A teenaged boy had come up to the two of them, holding his phone out and Liv slowed her roll.

(Get it?)

It was at least the seventh interruption they’ve had in the past forty-minutes they’ve been here. The strained smile on Toni’s face said wonders and Liv couldn’t help but think it was because of the constant nuisances– (sorry, but it was true) her fans were.

Not that she didn’t like the attention, the love from a complete and total stranger…

Liv just really wanted today to go well.

“Yeah?”

“Could I get a picture? It’s just, my sister is a really big fan and she’d never–”

“Sure… let’s uh…” Liv sighed, forcing a smile onto her face while the kid held up his phone, snapping the photo, not even bothering to say thank you before skating away from the both of them.

She didn’t really wanna… continue to be the reason why their “outing” wasn’t going well, but the longer they stood here– the more interruptions they were bound to have.

So, Liv bit the inner corner of her lip, hesitating for a mere moment.

“Do you just… wanna… maybe get out of here?”

~

And they did, maybe it was the fresh air and the lack of blasting music, arcade guns, and endless amount of game buzzers and noise in the background, but Toni seemed more at ease now that they were outside.

Maybe it wasn’t her?

Maybe Liv wasn’t scaring him away with her hand-holding, froyo questions and the blatant interest in him she assumed was… not blatant at all. But Livanna wasn’t very observant. Especially with herself.

She was always stuck in a constant state of childlike wonder, curiosity and spontaneity. While most of those traits annoyed most… they provided more than enough opportunities for her, she’s met so many friends, and had so many experiences because of it.

And like many other people, with good virtues came vices.

She was naive, erratic, undependable and growing up with mainly adults too busy to offer her their time– her social cues weren’t too great, which was normal for many child-stars. They didn’t know how to act in “normal” settings with people in an average lifestyle.

There were so many people who weren’t about partying, there were so many people who weren’t stuck in the moment, most of them were focused on the reality of their future at her age– or to simply put it… there were so many people Liv couldn’t connect with.

No matter how hard she tried.

And for a second in the roller-rink, she was afraid that Toni was yet another person she couldn’t find that connection with.

“Yellow.” She spoke, breaking a silence that spilled over as they walked the sidewalk of busy (whatever this town was named.)

“My favorite color’s yellow, but like… a baby yellow, not bright-electric yellow,”

Because electric colors were gross.

(Soph, the writer strongly believes that so all of my characters do too. Not sorry. ew.)

“And cake batter because you can’t go wrong with cake batter.”

It was true, so true.

Even though Livanna filled her froyo with endless amounts of toppings and it was hard to get to the actual yogurt at the bottom… cake batter was the best flavor.

Tasted even better melted with a bunch of gummy bears and sprinkles on top.

“... You know, you mentioned I should talk as much as I like… and I love talking, I do but… you also said it’s the only way to get to know each other…”

She felt dumb saying this, because it wasn’t like Toni was a mute or anything.

Liv just… knew nothing about him.

“And I kinda feel like I’m the only one talking…”

Which was okay! Maybe he was just shy! And maybe Liv should’ve asked a few more personal questions instead of expecting him to just… blurt out everything about himself on his lonesome.

Flash.

At first, she didn’t pay much mind to it and they continued to walk.

Flash.

Again, Livanna didn’t notice much of anything until the third one that came in bursts.

Flashflashflashflash.

Paparazzi.

It started to make sense now. The pictures she’d taken with other kids had probably gotten posted to social media and a few people looking to make a quick buck figured out she was in the area.

And with a potential beau.

Ever since the OD, paparazzi had gotten worse, it was like people expected her to look all… tired, worn-out and strung-out on something.

They were always looking for a story to spin, a rumor to make, and a way to make Livanna seem like a terrible influence to her younger fanbase.

(which she already was, but…)

Liv slowed her steps, taking a deep breath and exhaling. “I’m sorry, don’t hate me, but we’re gonna make a run for it— because I’m getting really tired of our date getting interrupted.” Before she could even realize what she said, the flashes and the two– if not three photographers were slowly making their way towards them.

She wasn’t really sure where she was tugging him, they just sort of maneuvered their way through a few people on the sidewalk, some people selling some random trinkets on a quick-set up booth, and a wannabe guitarist sang for tips.

It wasn’t LA.

So this could’ve been much worse with so many more people that would have ruined their getaway— which couldn’t really be called a getaway since the photographers behind them continued to make haste.

Antonio had slowed to a stop and Liv was a bit worried that he had enough with everything already— and she wouldn’t blame him if he had.

One second they were on the sidewalk, the sound of camera flashes, a moderate guitarist playing and someone trying to sell their wares continued to scream at the top of their lungs— “Only five dollars!”

And the next…

Livanna was in a narrow alleyway, surrounded by a few trash bags and some litter on the concrete ground while the paparazzi ran past them.

She pressed her back against the brick wall, taking a much needed breath.

“I…”

She breathed out.

“This wasn’t really how I was planning on asking you about yourself.” Liv said, a last breath escaping her before it hitched in her throat completely when she noticed their proximity.

Don'tdoitdon’tdoitdon’tdoit

Her gaze fell to his lips and away almost instantly.

Stupidstupidstupidstupid.

I told you not to do it!

I don’t have a lot of self-control, okay?

“I’m really, really sorry for…” she trailed off, letting the silence speak for itself because Liv had no idea how to explain all of that.

“… sorry.”
coded by natasha.

Damien Slater
his room ; )
; )
clothes
interactions

Amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
While she was asking about the totally legit party that Damien and her were gonna fucking throw tonight, he went about turning on his laptop and on the console. PS5. Limited edition or... some shit. He knew they'd been hard to find and shit, and his mom and George had presented it to him as if he'd be thrilled to see it or something.

Newsflash: he wasn't. But his mom had always said "it's the thought that counts," so he'd smiled real big and acted like it was the greatest gift he'd ever received. His mom had helped him set it up, and then... he hadn't touched it since.

Sometimes he'd turn on a game so his mom would think he was playing while he was doing something else, though.

"Dunno," Damien admitted to her question -- mainly because there was a reason he didn't throw parties. Now, it might've come as a surprise, but not a lot of people really liked Damien's presence. It's why he had exactly two friends, and he knew that he got under their skin as it was. 'Course, with that came the whole fact that... Slater had a really hard time trying to get people to... come to shit.

He was hoping the whole fight between Jade and Nickie would entice enough people to ignore the fact that it was Damien's party and just show up so he didn't look like more of a fucking loser.

"Jade, Nickie, Felix, his girlfriend probably... maybe his lame ass brother, I dunno," he explained, giving a casual shrug of his shoulders as he settled back in his seat and blinked over at her. "Oh... no, you can be player one, I don't... really... know the game."

Yeah, get ready to see Damien fail fucking horribly at something.

He glanced in her direction again when she'd mentioned inviting her own friends, and there was some pang of jealousy within him. How the fuck did Amy have friends but he fucking didn't?

"Yeah, invite whoever you want." He responded. "Open invitation or... whatever."
coded by natasha.

Lucky DuBois
outside tune up
confused...maybe pissed
t-shirt/jeans
interactions

Dorian jasmyn jasmyn

You know those dreams that feel so fucking real? The ones that make you feel you’ve lived an entirely different life. A spy. A brave knight. A high school student at a prestigious arts school. The dreams that make you question whether it was a memory or just your brain going out of its way to mind fuck you. To give you a glimpse of what could have been. For better or for worse.

Lucky fucking hated those dreams.

This dream, in particular, was always the same.

Drowning.

He was always drowning. He tried his best to stay above water, but like clockwork, just as he got a slight breath of air, the current would pull him down. It was exhausting. Until it wasn’t. Until some blond haired siren with a great ass pulled him out. Pulled him back on dry land. And like clockwork, he’d wake up.

Too fucking early. Way too fucking early. He wasn’t able to get much sleep the night before. Mostly due to the fact that Javi, his best friend, spent the majority of the day and night on goodbye number two. Apparently, there were three goodbyes planned. Goodbye number one: anger. It was…destructive. What about me? What about us? What about my separation anxiety? This was all followed up with and concurrent with destroying everything in his path. He knew he wasn’t going to take it well and it was a good thing that he wasn’t expecting to get his security deposit back, because the amount of broken glass and holes in the wall would consume it.

It wasn’t a big deal. The apartment was in his dad’s name and it wasn’t like they’d be able to find him. Goodbye number two: grief. And no one had been more grief stricken…after the anger went away…than Javier Cervantes. Snot crying. Moments of silence for various activities that he and Javi had partaken in over the years. Lots of alcohol. Then more snot crying. He wasn’t aware anyone could cry as much as Javi had. It was fucking uncomfortable.

Look. Lucky was just as unhappy about leaving New York. He loved it there. It was his home, but he had nothing left. His little brother had been taken in by his aunt aka the Wicked Witch of the Eastside. He didn’t have a girlfriend anymore thanks to his aunt’s counterpart, the Wicked Witch of the Westside. And if he was being honest, he wanted to get as far away as possible. Run from his problems. Totally healthy.

———————————————————————

Whoever said road-trips were cool, never drove across the U.S. in a U-Haul. Most of the shit was Dorian’s. His instruments. Few family heirlooms. And some clothes. That’s all Lucky brought. He didn’t want anything else. He didn’t want anything that reminded him of the last few years. And as much as he protested even leaving New York, it was mostly for show. Couldn’t act super excited in front of Javi. And he definitely couldn’t show signs of relief in front of his little brother. He had nothing to offer him. He barely graduated high school. His music was barely keeping the power on. And California had…opportunity. It had promise. Well…more promise for a no name musician like him.

He had a fucking plan.

Get to California. Get signed. Go platinum. Get Lennon back. It was gonna be a piece of cake, cause something had to go right for him. Something had to finally go fucking right.

———————————————————————

For fuck’s sake.

He fucking spoke too soon.

Everything had gone great but then Javi was pissed that he didn’t get goodbye number three. Apparently, it was the best one. No snot crying. No punching holes in the walls. But it wasn’t his fault that the guy slept through all of his calls.

Apparently, Evie, the girl he spent time with after his show, knew Ash, his ex. And like a higher power smiling down on him and laughing, he learned that Ash was no longer in New York. She was in California and decided to share his transgressions with all of Twitter. He’d tried to convince Dorian to turn around. It was already a disaster and could only get worse. Having everyone know you were a cheater wouldn’t usually bother him if he’d done it, but when you didn’t actually do the cheating…it pissed him the fuck off.

He’d been accused of shit he didn’t do before. Fifth grade. This bitch Jen told the teacher that he was the reason the project didn’t get done. Turned out she was just jealous because the rest of the kids liked him more and didn’t want to deal with her. That was easy to get through.

Elise West?

She was on a whole new level.

Elise West was a cockatoo. There was no sugar coating that one. And she didn’t like Lucky, or anyone that might challenge her parental skills or wasn’t deemed appropriate for their social class. Ash didn’t care about that though, she never did. It was one of the many things Lucky had found attractive about her. But like so many good things in Lucky’s life, they weren’t meant to last. She’d come to him in secret. Threatened to call child protective services if he didn’t end things with her. So, not wanting to have Lennon have to go into the foster system, he complied. Made up some lie about a girl he met while Ash was on tour.

It worked brilliantly.

Ash hated him. He wasn’t able to gain custody of Lennon. And Dorian, his cousin and best friend, decided to ditch New York for California. He jumped at the chance to go. Figured nothing could be worse than being stuck in the place you lost everything you cared about. He was wrong.

He pulled up behind Dorian, a confused look on his face as he stared out at a string of businesses. This wasn’t exactly what he was picturing. Plus…the 90 miles thay Dorian said they were from Los Angeles had been a bit of an oversell. He opened the door of the truck and hopped out, slamming the door behind him as he approached Dorian. “Dude…we better not be at our destination cause this is way closer to LA than you said.” He said as he glanced over at the business.

coded by natasha.

Oliver Brewer
some shop
=D
clothes
interactions

Miyu Miaow Miaow
Where to go wasn't exactly something that Oliver had thought about, and there was a bit of a flustered expression on his face as he found himself thinking about it. His lips started to part with an idea, but then pressed tighter together as the idea faded.

Instead, he just headed outside with her, enjoying the silence that the two of them could experience. It felt easier with her than with anyone else -- mainly because if he started to speak and she wasn't looking in his direction, she wouldn't know what he was saying. But when he was with other people, he always felt the need to fill the silence with something, even if it was just dumb jokes.

Plus there was the whole part of where Oliver tended to take things at face value. Kind of made it more difficult for him to really bond with people, or find a common ground for manner of conversation. Amazing, really, that he was able to pick up on that when he was barely able to pick up on people actually being annoyed with his presence.

(Yeah, so those conversations with Evie and Kiran? Totally over his head.)

Once they'd exited the rather quiet store, he turned towards her, a hand reaching in her direction to gather her attention, and then he smiled at her, before speaking.

"What do ya like to do?" He asked. "We could ahh... stop by the comic book store, maybe?"
coded by natasha.

納賀勢 弥祐
nagase miyu
tags
Winona Winona
Miyu could almost see the cogs turning in his brain as she asked where he wanted to go. She wasn't really sure where to go either, she had to figure out somewhere they could go where she could read his lips, nothing that meant they weren't facing eachother.

She stepped down from the raised doorway of the shop before looking back to Oliver. Hmm... the comic book store... She wasn't sure she'd been there before. She'd never been that big of a fan of physical comics, but she did like manwha and web comics. They might have manga there, that could be fun... and maybe this was the day she got into comics!

She suddenly gasped.
"Can we go to the arcade?" She asked, her eyes lit up with excitement. She'd always wanted to go, she'd seen those claw machines with the teddies inside while walking by but had never actually tried one. She'd love an arcade teddy. Shop teddies were good, but arcade teddies came with a sense of triumph, that teddy had been won with pure skill.

She felt a small pang of guilt. What if Oliver wanted to go to the comic book store and she'd dashed his idea?
"Is the comic book store on the way? We could go to both!" She suggested, quickly correcting herself.
code by @Nano

MOOD: fine...?

OUTFIT:
casual stripe button day
INFO

WITH: mercedes

mention: n/a​
ACTIVITY
TAGS
Matty O. Manzano
Dear Life

Upon hearing the out-of-tuned piano key, Matty suppressed a wince, which was evident from his slightly clenched jaw.

“I’m only out of the house because I’m job hunting.”

“Oh okay,” Matty said. It took him about two or three seconds to remember. “Oh. Did you see the sign outside the store earlier? Is that why you’re here?” Better than a welcome back party, he thought.

Okay, that was a bit rude, but it was true. He had nothing against Mercedes. He just didn’t like parties in general, especially ones that are about himself. Besides, he already had his own welcome back party with his aunt and uncle—basically an outing to one of his favorite local bakery-cafe shops and a Barnes & Noble. It had very nice air conditioning, and there was a sale.

“It’s been on the window for a while now, but we’re still open to hiring,” Matty added. “You know, if you’re thinking of applying here…” He was aware of his twiddling thumbs, which he was trying not to twiddle so much. He painfully felt like he had just said something redundant and obvious.

“How was uh… France? Est-ce que tu t'es amusé?” He had no idea what the last part meant. He’d never taken French classes and only knew two or three of the most basic words.

So he focused on her first question. “It was… okay. I was able to visit a few places. They’re pretty cool… Um, how are you? Your stomach flu is doing better now?”

Matty learned at a young age—just before his preteen years—that not many people cared to hear about specific details, no matter how interesting or fascinating he finds them himself. He was taught sharing his interests and his thoughts would help him make friends, because, you know, friends were supposed to know some things about each other. But he’d also learned that mentioning them or anything about himself too often would make him seem self-absorbed.

So, nobody wanted to hear him talk about the new books he got from his uncle in Hawaii, or the new photos he took there. Or why Italians don’t usually use ice in their drinks. Or the legend of a blacksmith who made a deal with the Devil to help him build Notre Dame’s doors. Or that Marie Antoinette never actually said “let them eat cake”.

So, he’d often keep himself quiet. He wasn’t trying to annoy anyone. Really. Not many people have the time to hear him speak out his lengthy thoughts.
code by valen t.

good morning...

There were more differences between Kira and Raven that either of them could count.
And the newest addition came in the form of dining utensils. The former made no comment on the readily-available forks at their disposal, especially when chopsticks seemed to be hindering Raven's ability to eat.

It was early on in her life that Kira became adept with chopsticks. It wasn't by any particular cultural nuance, lest one forgets her mundane, oblivious upbringing in Newcastle's upper-middle class. Going for sushi or dim sum and spending a fortune on it was a weekly thing in the Gauthier family before the divorce. Then, it was fried chicken to-go with Mom and vegan microwave dinner with Dad. Overnight, the togetherness of dinner had been lost on the family and a preteen Kira hadn't the awareness of it all to understand the change.

But she loved her depression orange chicken. MSG was her coke, which she made very clear in her marriage when Chinese takeout became the optimal form of dinner dates. Being gathered at a table with candles and settings felt too formal, too rigid for a pair of young people who had no obligation to operate like a family. She wasn't going to say it, but the same feeling emerged from sharing this early dinner with Raven. It was sacred.

And as the younger woman fiddled with the food in front of her, Kira's chopsticks delicately clutched a wad of lo mein and led them into her mouth. Between their quiet meal, Raven made another pass at conversation. “Stop thinking about what you could’ve done differently, she wasn’t gonna budge."

Kira sighed, not because Raven was right, but because getting Annabeth to open up was, in truth, possible. Just by a margin of error more narrow than the idiot voters' minds. "I just can't stop wondering how things would have gone if we looked a little different," she explained, head facing her plate. It was ornate with a blue rim, but its design was so commonplace that its charm seemed much duller. "Like, what if we were two old men in suits? Well, it was the ladies' room, but..." Another idea sprung to mind. "Or what if I had a British accent?"

The conversation eventually moved to lighter topics, but the shrill ding of a phone notification drew the girls back in. Dayton Daily's piece on the public statement was already out and boy, was it useless. It was probably quicker and more accurate to simply watch the video recording than to take in this Emilia Levine's load of processed crap. But nonetheless, Kira scrolled through the article once Raven slid her phone across the table.

Yeah, nothing special besides the final quote. Kira looked up with a smile, immediately met with understanding from Raven. "Man, if only we'd made that take our intellectual property," she mused with a lighthearted laugh, "No article, but it looks like we might have a promising future in the editorial section."

“Never thought I’d end up in the news unless I died horrifically,” Raven quipped just as Kira shoved a tangle of noodles in her mouth. Despite the heaping amount, the brunette still managed to dine more properly than Queen Elizabeth herself. “Local girl passes away, food poisoning from a low-end Chinese restaurant.”

Kira had half a mind to chastise her word choice then and there, but she merely shook her head and continued eating. The week had been so long, she truly felt like she could eat a horse. Don't think they were serving that, though.

"So..." Raven started, hastily grabbing a fortune cookie as the server arrived with the check. Kira stopped eating to lift a brow, but snapped out of her visible confusion to offer the staff her thanks. Her smile dropped when he left, while Raven's was only growing wider.

Kira loosely covered her mouth with her hand. "What? Is there something in my teeth?"

But that wasn't it. Raven spoke with clear indication of self-satisfaction in her voice. “We’re partners, huh?” Vague recollections of words exchanged in the courthouse bathroom bubbled to the surface of her mind, yet it was clear that this wasn't a matter of prior word choice. It was a clear-cut, standalone statement. And it was exciting.

The part of Kira that still had grand values and aspirations stirred, realizing within seconds of the assertion that this was the case. Who else would it be? "I guess so," she answered with faux apprehension, like she was too important to pawn her allegiance off right away, "Unless you were looking to fight some local crime with Jackson. He seems like an interesting guy for you."

She hid her smirk well, focusing downward to get her pick at the last of the fortune cookies. She clutched the plastic wrapping with two fingers, rolling it into her palm. "So, as your partner, let me impart some wisdom onto you." She beckoned for Raven to hand her the fortune cookie in her grasp, then dropped her own in Raven's free hand.

"You're supposed to be handed your fortune. Preferably by someone with a little good-natured credibility." The gently smiling woman nodded for Raven to tear open the wrapping then followed suit, snapping the cookie in half after a moment's pause. "And now it's special."

It read: A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Kira's brows furrowed, almost as though the slip of paper had made a personally offensive remark toward her. She muttered the printed words several times before crumpling it up and tossing it into the candle's flame. "That was stupid. What's yours?"

Aiming to forget the fortune, Kira made a grab for her credit card and dropped it onto the tray holding their check. She eyed the bill, noting how wonderfully inexpensive it was compared to the restaurants her family frequented. Money really was a strange thing.

"Another piece of wisdom, never trust a quote without an author."

homemade dynamite

♡coded by uxie♡

Raven Rivera
restaurant : )
tired & not hungry
something casual
interactions

hery hery

She’s never had anyone in her corner.

Growing up, her relationships whether they’d be familial, platonic, or more recently; romantic…

Raven never felt like she was able to trust someone a hundred percent, to depend on them with no doubt in her mind that they’d come through, she always believed she’d be setting herself up for disappointment.

And it was true.

Every time she ignored that little voice in her mind telling her to let go of some ridiculous childhood fear and allow herself to make choices, jump in relationships, let somebody in– for some reason, whether it’d be karma, god, or the universe having it out for her one way or another…

She’d always be disappointed.

"Unless you were looking to fight some local crime with Jackson. He seems like an interesting guy for you."

“Har, har.” Raven’s eyes narrowed and her grin widened, an amused glint in her eye shining as her gaze bounced between the cookie and Kira.

“Since you’re so desperate for my clear expertise, I’ll accept.” Raven said, lying wholeheartedly.

Her expertise followed in decent takeout and her way around a drink.

She wasn’t kidding when she took the job for experience– and if being partners with Kira got her a possible story, (that failed) a less-than-interview (that also failed) and the smallest amount of experience, even though the entire thing was a disaster… It was more than she had four hours ago.

"So, as your partner, let me impart some wisdom onto you." Kira held her hand out and Raven eyed her curiously, dropping the cookie into her open palm and was met with another in hers.

"You're supposed to be handed your fortune. Preferably by someone with a little good-natured credibility."

And that’s us?

She kept quiet, not wanting to break her new-found partner’s optimistic attitude that was so far from being positive moments ago and opened the plastic wrapper, cracking the cookie open and suppressing a smile all the while.

"And now it's special."

“Uh huh.” Raven murmured, her smile fading while she read her own fortune.

Not to alter one’s fault is faulty indeed.

She’s never really believed in fortune cookies. Quotes that spoke in tongues and danced around the true meaning unless you got something as simple as; “take a left turn when you head home”

As an aspiring journalist you needed to read in between the lines, search for the answer but when it came down to you…

“I’d rather just have a cookie give me the cold, hard truth.” Raven said, holding it up for Kira to read it.

"Another piece of wisdom, never trust a quote without an author."

“A lot of fortunes are actually quoted from Confucius, He’s a chinese phil–” Raven started, glancing up at Kira and stopped herself short, putting her hands up in defense.

“Thanks for the wisdom.”

That little voice in the back of her head was yelling at her– don’t jinx this, don’t ruin this, you’re bound to make something out of yourself. But was a friendship– a partnership the only way that was possible? Raven set her expectations low, that way she wouldn’t end up disappointed.

All in all the only recurring theme was the disappointment evident in herself more than it was the other person.

If only she’d done things a little differently…

If only she had said “I love you” sooner, if only she pushed her friend a little farther, her mother a little further and kept the boy and the baby at arm's length…

The journalist would be selfish, free, successful, and far from here.

Kira tossed hers in the candle and Raven followed suit with her own, the light flickering as they did. “No fortunes, no stories,” She’d say no future, but that was a question that’d only be answered with time.

“No disappointment.” She gained more than she lost, the only question was; would she regret it?

The brunette slid the card back towards her partner, pulling out a twenty dollar bill from the inside of her shirt and placing it on top of the check right as the waiter passed them, nodding in acknowledgement and muttering a thank you as he picked it up, scurrying away just as fast as he approached.

“I picked the restaurant, only fair.”

It was a good excuse, a much easier one instead of explaining that money made her uncomfortable, the people born with it even more so, with their entitled attitude and their inability to actually value, save, or appreciate what they had.

Kira wasn’t one of those people.

She was one of those who grew up comfortable, but not rich. She was one of those who didn’t hesitate to borrow money, one of those who weren’t afraid of owing somebody– or feeling… inferior, helpless…

Like charity.

She swung her bag over her shoulder, sliding out of the booth as her partner followed along from the opposite side. “I have a plant to water. Drive me home?” She didn’t have any plants, but Kira didn’t have to know that.

She’s never had much of a green thumb. Whenever she’s gotten flowers, plants, or a singular small cactus… they’d always end up wilted, dark, and dead.

She’s never been one for partners either. Let’s hope she can keep this one alive.

With a new partnership formed… there were endless opportunities. Much like journalism, you had to read in between the lines for success too. It had to be searched for and plucked out like a stubborn hair.

She pushed against the door with her back, holding it open for Kira.

“By the by, I really think you could’ve got er’ with a British accent.” Their voices faded and muffled laughter was heard as the door closed behind them, windchimes that hung above the door echoed in the (mostly) empty restaurant.

Both girls left the place full, but creatively starving.

(They also left a confused waiter staring at an LED candle that most definitely failed to “burn” their fortunes.)
coded by natasha.

Antonio
mood
This is fun, sure

outfit
Casual

Mentions
N/A

tags
Soap Soap

Toni wasn't on social media much, nor did he talk to very many people on a daily basis anymore. So he literally had no idea what he ass signing himself up for when it came to inviting her to text him. Fingers crossed he'd be able to handle it.

He just never got the hype of wanting to be IN drama 24/7 like twitter seemed to cause. Hard for rumors to start or to piss people off if they hardly knew you existed. Sure he might scroll a bit from time to time, but he hardly ever made a comment. All it ever did was cause problems. Hell even just posting a picture of yourself caused problems it seemed. He never understood why his peers were so obsessed with stirring the pot and playing victims.

He chuckled a bit at her reaction to the mint chocolate chip add in. To bad once again she was interrupted by yet another person. Honestly this was yet another reason he preferred the way he lived. Having his name and face plastered over all his work would mean he'd never get a break or a moment of peace. Sure not to this extent because he was just a writer not a pop star, but still. People always wanted more of you then you want to give, and feel entitled to it. Like can't anyone see she's trying to have a good time, but they feel so entitled to her time because she sings that them getting a photo or autograph is more important. Then people get upset when stars say no to defend their mental state and personal time.

But once again that was personal preference. Clearly Liv didn't mind, so he would be fine for a day. He could easily sink back into his hobo lifestyle once this was over.

Once they were done he was surprised to find that Liv was the one who suggested leaving. Perhaps it was getting to her more then she let on? If he'd picked up on it he'd have suggested it a long time ago, he just didn't want to be rude since this was what she wanted to do. "Sure." He replied taking her hand to lead them off the rink and get out before yet another person came up to them.

He tried not to look as relieved as he felt once they were finally outside, but it was obvious in his change of demeanor. He felt like he could finally breathe again. God he really hated crowds. Some close friends previously had suggested medication, but honestly he felt that bud was the only medicine he needed. He only wasn't high right now because...well he'd come down from his earlier high and had been with Liv since so didn't have time to blaze up again. Not to mention with all the interruptions by kids no less he didn't want to bring it up. They didn't need to smell that around their idol.

He was just reveling in the brisk evening air when she spoke up again continuing her thoughts from earlier. "Soft baby yellow...got it." He repeated aloud so he could commit iti to memory, "Fair. I tend to steer clear of electric and neon colors too." he mused. He nodded, "So what I'm hearing is our next outing should be to a froyo place? Cookies and crème for me and cake batter for you. And find something baby yellow." What that would be he had no idea just yet, but he'd figure something out.

As they walked he was sure to walk on the side closest to the street. Something ingrained in him at a young age when walking with any young lady or child. He couldn't tell you why it was important just that his mother would roll over in her grave if she saw him not doing it.

Toni felt a bit embarrassed at Liv's admittance because as much as he hated to admit it...it waws true. To no fault of her own! He just...wasn't used to socializing with people he wasn't already close to in a while. Ever since graduating he wasn't forced to be around people consistently whom he didn't know so he sort of dulled in that particular skill. Even if he hadn't the parts of his life he commonly shared weren't the most...interesting. The best bits he kept under lock and key even from those he cared for most outside of his family.

"Lo siento. I-"

Flash

"I'm just not-"

Flash

Honestly Toni couldn't fully register why he kept loosing his train of thought just because their was a flashing light somewhere nearby. till it came in rapid secession and realized because it was in his eyes.

Before he knew it she was tugging him along as she was trying to book it through the streets to get away from the three paparazzi trailing them. He hadn't even had time to register what she'd said, but her actions spoke volumes. Toni used his height to scout a bit ahead where she was running towards and found the perfect spot. So once they approached it rather then announcing his plan he simply stopped but held firm to her so she would to and slipped into an ally quickly pulling her close so they'd disappear in one swoop together. They needed to be quick if they were going to disappear out of sight before they realized what happened. It was right before a corner so hopefully the paparazzi would think they ran around the corner and be chasing nothing.

He didn't notice how close he'd pulled her because he was more focused on listening for when the steps were far enough away. Her speaking up however brought his attention back to her. He tilted his head a bit confused on why she was apologizing. It's not like she had done anything wrong, "Why are you sorry? I am the one who has you surrounded by garbage." He replied a bit nervously.

He would give her more space if there was much space to give. Plus they were positioned so no one from the street view could see them. it might catch some ones eye if he pocked out now. This wasn't an image he wanted her to have to deal with in a magazine or something.

"But... to answer you. I am not the best at talking about myself." he finally admitted looking her in the eyes because he was afraid it might be disrespectful for his gaze to linger anywhere else this close. "I can try to do better." He offered her a soft smile re-taking her hand in his and giving it a gentle peck. "Thank you for the date." He winked playfully showing that he had finally registered what she'd said back then.

He looked around a moment realizing it would be a bad idea to go back the way they came. "Follow me." He added keeping hold of her hand and leading her slightly deeper into the ally to a fire escape ladder and helped her up till they were on a landing they could both sit side by side. Even if it was a tight fit at least they didn't have to smell the trash anymore. "We should be good here till the street settles down. If someone has an issue we can just keep going to the roof." He explained looking over at her, "Perhaps this hasn't been perfect...but I've never done well with perfect." He grinned brushing a few strands of hair from her face behind her ear before trailing down to caress her cheek with his thumb, "What do you think?"

In private? Toni was much better at being forward. He was much more comfortable, bold, sociable, flirtatious, and it didn't get more private then this in a public setting. It was dark, they were close, and no one else was around and going to interrupt them for a picture. To him? From this point on was probably the best part of the evening.

coded by reveriee.

Amethyst J.
mood
nervous, but trying

outfit
Casual

Mentions
Justin,

tags
Winona Winona

Damien was so weird sometimes. This whole thing didn't really seem like a good idea or something he typically would do...yet here we are. Then again there have been a lot of things over the part few years that've been different about him. She supposed it was just growing up. But having a party to host a girl fight? That was certainly new on the bingo card.

As he started listing people her anxiety quelled a bit. That wasn't very many and sure it had been an open invitation on twitter so he probably wasn't counting those guys until they actually showed...but was it selfish to hope not to many came? Felix seemed nice, and his gf probably was too. She didn't talk to Jade or Nickie but maybe without an audience they wouldn't fight. Which meant it's just be a few of them hanging out. Perhaps she'd make a friend or two in the process.

Yes, half of her wanted this party to be a huge success for his sake because he is her friend and she wants to always support her friends. However she couldn't completely silence the half of her that was extremely nervous about it all. She'd never thrown a party for strangers and certainly not one that included all the stuff Damien wanted there between the fighting and the drugs. It was all just a bit much for her.

She went ahead and took the controller in hand at his admittance. She wanted to say she was surprised...but she wasn't. As sweet of a set up and console as he had he didn't game like she did, so sadly it was a waste." It's fine, let's not play anything hard anyways." Or anything where they would have to fight each other or people online she added mentally. It was hard for her to hold back in a competitive setting, and online player were ruthless.

She smiled a bit when he said it was ok, "Thanks!" She didn't have much in mind. She'd met someone online the other night who wanted to come and apparently lived here, and then there was of course Justin who was brining Syd. She pulled out her phone to send the few texts.

Plus this might also be a great chance for her to prove Justin wrong. Hell maybe even Damien. While he doesn't say it she knew Damien thought the same of her as Justin in that she was just too innocent to do anything. Why else would he always hide his work from her? Perhaps this was the year for here to change up her image just a bit. At least not be seen as an innocent child. "So I made a bet with Justin that I could get laid and have zero strings attached. got any tips?" She asked bluntly, but in a whisper in case this parents walked by. She had to take her chance now while it was still only them in the room.
coded by reveriee.

Jace West
Tune Up, aka his store
happy
clothes
interactions

Ophelia Soap Soap
He'd kept his expression fairly straight while she'd questioned if it was real, and when she seemed to realize that he was dead serious, his face broke into a grin. There was a fluttering in his chest, a kind of... happiness from knowing that he'd just made some teen's day.

His parents and grandparents always got on him about this stuff -- about how he was wasting money, but Jace never really listened. It wasn't as if money had ever been an issue for him growing up, and it wasn't an issue for him now. Or... at least for a few more months. He knew what the family's plan was when Ash turned eighteen. Their grandparents' business? Definitely going to her, and perhaps then he'd find himself on his own.

That was fine, though, all he really needed was his music.

Plus he also always liked to think that maybe if someone had believed in him the way he was believing in Oph, maybe he would've been able to do something with his life.

Maybe he would've been successful.

"You don't owe me anything," Jace promised with a chuckle. At this point, he'd caught action outside the front window of his store, and he focused on it for a moment to see... the (platonic) love of his life, his (platonic) soulmate, Dorian Harlow. But he was a business man, and his bestie reunion could wait for a few. So he kept that friendly smile on his face, and once again focused his attention on the girl in front of him.

"Not even a ahh... favor or anything, okay?" he continued, "it's just... they're just a gift. I mean if you really wanna pay me back, and you got extra time," although it didn't seem like she really did, "I guess you could... help... around here or something."

It was the best he could come up with, okay? Don't judge him.
coded by natasha.

Drake Martin
wifey's birthday
< 3
clothes
interactions

Elena

Xed Xed
"Heyo, you heard the good news?" Drake had walked up to yet another person he vaguely maybe recognized from school, a lopsided grin on his face. The kid kinda looked at him, eyes kind of squinting together, and Drake wondered if this was one of them dudes that he'd used to annoy for drugs and shit back in the day.

Ya know, back when he wasn't clean as hell.

Cleaner than a... a... something that was real known for being real clean, duh.

"No..." the dude started, clearly still real suspicious of Drake's intentions and stuff ya know how it was.

"I'm gettin' married!" He announced, and Drake held out a wedding invitation. He'd actually printed off a whole bunch and then snuck 'em outta the library under his shirt so he didn't have to pay shit for 'em. It'd be real hard, 'cause the librarians were watching him real close, 'cept he'd just walked out when they were busy checking books out for someone else. But then they'd been all like hey you gotta pay for those!

And he'd just taken off running.

What were they gonna do? Chase him down for a couple dollars worth of printed wedding invitations?

Pffft.

(Plus the library card he'd given 'em to borrow the computer had been one he'd stolen so haha to that person.)

"Here -- Mer and I hope to see ya there, buddy ol' pal," he said with a grin to the person he sure as hell didn't recognize as he passed over an invitation. Then he patted the fella on his shoulder, and Drake walked away to move onto the next person that his gaze landed on.

Which just so happened to be an older, scary-ish looking chick.

"Hey, hey, hey," he greeted as he bounced his way over to her (quite literally with little hops). "Ya hear 'bout the good news?" He asked as he held out an invitation to the wedding.
coded by natasha.

Livanna Moore
Find Me

Divinity Records
y’know
something cute and casual
interactions

Toni, Evie, other people
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 Xed Xed jasmyn jasmyn

"Why are you sorry? I am the one who has you surrounded by garbage."

A glance around and Liv realized that she didn’t even notice the garbage around them. Or maybe she did and that part of her that wanted this date to go so perfectly pretended that they were in a clearing surrounded by flowers instead of litter, cigarette butts and plastic bottles.

They really needed to recycle around here.

“It’s okay, I’m pretty sure I’m a garbage baby anyway,” The look on Toni’s face was completely dumbfounded, Liv brushed her words away, shaking her head. “Ignore that, what were you saying?” She smiled, focusing on eye-contact only, mentally discouraging her wandering gaze.

"But... to answer you. I am not the best at talking about myself. I can try to do better."

A smile slowly spread across her lips, widening as he took her hand and biting the inner corner of her lip in an attempt to rid her cheeks of the blush that was already forming. “I’m holding you to that!” She said, her tone light.

“Thank you for the date.”

Oh my… he admitted it was a date?! No more outings. No more– Liv’s mind began to run at light speed just to halt entirely when he placed a kiss against her hand, holding back the squeal that threatened to come out of her mouth.

It was like a fairytale.

If a fairytale included paparazzi, roller skates, and a dirty alley. He instructed her to follow and Liv would probably… do whatever the heck he wanted. She’d jump off a bridge if he said he’d kiss her by the end of it.

Nobody said she made the best choices.

“We should be good here till the street settles down. If someone has an issue we can just keep going to the roof." He said, taking a seat and Liv sat beside him, looking down onto the busy street below, scattered voices and distant cars was the only noise beyond their conversation.

It was a small fire escape. There wasn’t much room– but it’s not as though Liv was complaining.

Physical touch was one of her love languages.

She only spoke one, but in the love aspect– both platonic and romantic, Livanna was a polylinguist.

(She and I didn’t even know that word existed until today.)

“You’re pretty smart, y’know, I never would’ve guessed to duck into an alleyway… sorry, that… this has been such a mess.” She forced a laugh, her gaze locked onto her fiddling hands in her lap.

She felt a little guilty, to be incredibly honest Livanna felt worse for herself than she did for Toni. She wanted today to be… perfect.

This wasn’t the most stressful date she’s ever been on, her exes were known to be pretty adventurous, and truth be told, there were a lot of memories that were a bit hazy to Liv.

Do you ever just… remember something so vividly, or in pieces to a point where you think it must have been a dream? Yeah. Something like that. Those few months went by in a blur and are reminisced like puzzle pieces.

Today wasn't so bad, but Liv was beginning to become well-acquainted with disappointment.

"Perhaps this hasn't been perfect...but I've never done well with perfect."

Yeah, neither have I.

At his words, Liv glanced back up at him, opening her mouth to reply when he brushed a few strands of hair out her face, her eyes following the motion his hands made, lingering on her cheek and her breath caught as their gazes did.

“What do you think?”

About what?

I’m not thinking about anything else but kissing you.

Her gaze fell to his lips again and away.

“Um…”

Lips.

Eyes.

Lips.

Eyes.

He had really nice eyes.

He had really nice lips.

“I think we could salvage this date,” Liv slowly leaned in, she barely had to make an effort to close the distance between them. Their lips were inches apart when a car alarm from below went off, causing Liv to flinch and completely ruining the moment.

You know what?

No.

“Remember when I said I was getting tired of our date getting interrupted? Ithinkiwasjustiredofallowingit to get interrupted and–” Her words were going faster than her thought process and she couldn’t handle it.

Shutupjustshutupshutup.

“I’m just gonna kiss you now, okay?”

Liv waited for his nod of confirmation and didn’t waste any time, pressing her lips against his with a newfound excitement that followed in the pit of her stomach. Car alarms, paparazzi, fans, all the interruptions were so worth it.

Perfect was overrated anyway.

~
Liv was laying on the couch, glancing around the living room and grimacing at the multiple boxes, junk, and family mementos she’d found in the attic hours before with Ash and Maggie. It was a long story that involved Evie attempting to throw Liv & Ed in the same room.

Landon was coming home and there was absolutely no way that Ed would ever be okay with sharing a room with Liv, she knew that– no matter how much she wanted bunk beds… she had the brilliant idea to move into the attic.

Should I?

I should.

It’s the nice thing to do.

A right thing to do.

I practically have to.

He practically begged me to.

Liv pulled up her phone and opened Toni’s contact.

not that it's super relevant but

i think fire escapes are the ultimate date spot

She yawned, tapping her phone case that was riddled with random stickers, unicorns, stars, emojis, a black heart that was slowly peeling off and she fiddled with it while she waited for a reply.

The house was so quiet without Evie and Ed had been locked in his room all day in fear that Liv would steal it from him. It was kinda funny, she laughed about it for the first ten minutes… and then Liv just got really…

She sighed.

Ding!

The text message came in and Liv perked up instantly.

well if you think that was good, I can't wait to show you the next one

there’s gonna be a next one? 👀

I mean only if you want there to be,
though I promise you it just gets more boring from here

i think ur anything but boring, but that's a yes, i think we should have many "next ones"

They went back and forth with their messages and Liv felt her eyes getting heavy, but she had to figure out what to do with the mess she removed from the attic before Evie came home.

Liv couldn’t fall asleep.

They set up another date, Toni mentioned smoking and… well, we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

She erased the million heart emojis she typed and settled on one. Wouldn’t want Toni to think that one kiss meant she was in love…

That’s more of a third date thing.
i had fun today, thanks for holding my hand and saving me from the evil cameras ♥️

She wasn’t sure when she fell asleep, but sending that message was the last thing she remembered before she shifted awake from the sound of rattling keys and the sound of a suitcase’s wheels hitting the stained wood of the beach house.

“LIVANNA.”

Aw, shit.

~
It’d been a week since her date with Toni and it’s the only thing Liv had on her mind.

Besides music, of course.

“You know you could find me
Yeah, in the deep deep–”

She cut herself short and removed the headphones for a moment to speak.

“Hey, actually could we maybe lower the bass and raise the monitoring? I can’t really hear myself.”

A thumbs up was given through the glass while he slid a switch down.

“You good?” Jordan asked, Jordan was a pretty nice guy, he was one of the mixing engineers that worked at Divinity Records.

He was a little on the heavier side, funny, sweet, and was decently good at puns.

Most importantly, he was her favorite.

She nodded for a reply. “Running it back.” The beat picked up again, and the chorus followed.

It was… a good song.

One that she had written and one that the label signed off of, since her last single completely bombed… Liv wasn’t allowed full-creative control anymore.

“Just for now.” They said.

This song was a bit different… but it still matched “her sound” to an extent.

If anything was her sound it was the few songs she’d been recording with Maggie. Of course, they were just for fun, but…

Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she held up a finger, pulling it out to read the facetime request.

“It’s my mom, I gotta take this, let’s take a break?”

Jordan sighed, he didn’t press his mic but she knew he sighed. (because he always leans back when he does it)

“My break involves California rolls, you want anything?”

“Not hungry,”

“Probably because you ate twelve candy bars.”

“They’re the tiny ones!” Jordan left and Liv answered the call eagerly, a smile already present on her face while it connected.

It was a little pixelated, but soon enough she was met with her mother’s mid-length blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, and fair skin on her screen.

Her mother… looked nothing like her.

Which was normal, Liv was adopted.

“There’s my girl!”

“Hey, mama.”

“I keep telling your father we need better internet in the cafe, but you know how he is, he never believes me.”

If she didn’t mention she was there already, the half-eaten cookie logo in the background gave it away.

Her parents had gotten into the restaurant business a few years back. They were always health-nuts and decided to open up their own vegan and dairy free bakery.

Just One Moore Bite. Cute, right?

Liv hated it.

“How are you?! How’s Evie? What’s new?”

“Um… we’re good, and not much, really… I met someone…”

“Oh? Please don’t tell me it’s another musician, we don’t want a repeat of last time.”

“No, no, he’s nice, a little older—“

“What’s a little?”

“Barely two years.”

“You know I—“

“You met Dad when you were nineteen and he was twenty-six, I know.” It was a story her mother loved to tell, how one fortunate day at the farmers market turned into a lifetime of love.

Liv would get her lifetime, she was sure of it… just needed to give it a little time.

Those were her mother’s words, not her own.

“And… how has AA been?”

“… good.”

“Just good?”

“I… got a three month chip today.” It was true, they handed her it today, congratulating her— even went so far as to hug her.

The only true good thing that came out of it was her car keys that Evie had given back to her.

“Oh, honey, that's so good! I’m so proud of you!” She knew her mother meant well, and typically AA chips were a good thing to have.

Just something about it made Liv feel so… gross.

It was… “proof of how strong you are.” It was all kinda dumb in Liv’s opinion.

She guessed it was because… she felt more like an addict in everyone else’s eyes than her own? That sounded dumb, too, but…

It was like they just labeled her and moved on because of one mistake.

And now she’d gotten so used to said label, she actually considered herself as one.

Even though she didn’t really believe it. “Yeah, thanks.” A lot of her previous excitement dulled, and Liv’s smile was almost nonexistent by now

“Where’s Dad?” She asked, a clear and desperate attempt to change the subject.

“He’s on the phone, it’s been crazy these past few weeks with the chain—“

“Huh?”

“I didn’t tell you?! I swore I did… we’re expanding!”

“Oh.”

“If we’re lucky, we might even get one in LA, isn’t that amazing?”

“Yeah, that’s pretty cool.” Her smile was forced, while her mind thought up a bunch of reasons why her parents didn’t mention the expansion.

They don’t talk all that much since they’re busy, Liv gets it. It happens.

But…

“… so Landon’s back and I thought of you guys, because… I don’t know, maybe it’d be super fun if you guys made a trip down here for a little?”

“A trip? We’d love to come visit, but we’re so swamped with work that it might be a few more weeks, maybe in September?”

“I just figured since school is—“

“Are you okay, Livvy?”

“Yeah, I’m fine, I just…”

miss you.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I’m sure.”

“Okay, if you’re sure— I think this is an investor clicking in, love you baby,”

“Yeah, love you.” The call ended and Liv sat back onto the stool, using her foot to twist side-to-side slowly.

She’d seen her manager scan his keycard, the light turned green.

TW: implication of sexual assault, physical violence, mention of OD, it’s all around not a good time, read at ur own discretion

Liv had to call him earlier to let her in the studio, her own card hadn't been working all morning.

Liam, her manager, had said he’d take care of it and have her a new one by the end of the day.

He was younger than most of the other managers at Divinity, he discovered Liv when she was fourteen and she’s been his client ever since.

He didn’t look happy.

A nauseous feeling began to swirl in her stomach, and Liv would’ve loved to blame it on the mini-candy bars she had for lunch.

The door swung open and his fists were balled at his sides.

“Do you never listen? Do you know how fucking difficult you—“

“What?”

He held up his phone and Liv took it, a twitter account had posted a media link.

It barely took a few seconds for Livanna to realize it was the song that she was working on with Maggie.

“I didn’t post this—“

“So it is you?”

“Yeah, Maggie and I—“

“That fucking girl keeps putting these ideas in your head,” Liam took his phone from Liv aggressively and she stood up from her chair, swallowing as he continued.

“The label isn’t gonna like this, Liv, you know it’s not just my ass on the line, didn’t you see the backlash on your latest? I told you it wasn’t gonna go well, but—“

“Why are you yelling at me? I didn’t mean—“

“Because that’s the thing, Livanna, you never mean to do anything! Th-the breakups, the songs, the OD. Somehow it’s just always a fuckup for me to clean up.”

“I’m sorry! I didn’t leak the stupid song, okay?” Something about her tone made his eyes soften, he cleared his throat and took a deep breath.

“I’m just trying to help you, you know that.”

“Yeah, I know.” Her voice was soft, low, avoiding eye-contact while Liam struggled to make it.

He reached a hand to brush a few pieces of hair out of her face, caressing her cheek. “… stop,” she whispered, almost afraid to speak up at full-volume.

“Stop?”

“Someone’s gonna see,” Liv warned, knowing that it was a fear of his, it was a good way to convince Liam without him being… (shitty, whatever, i’m tired)

“The girls are rehearsing, Jordan’s on break—“

“I don’t care! And… I don’t wanna talk about this anymore, Maggie and I were just messing around.”

Suddenly his soft demeanor was gone, he grit his teeth while he spoke, his rage reappearing. “Do me a favor, Liv?” Liam took a hold of her wrist, grasping it tightly and her jaw tightened,

“stop fucking “messing around” with Maggie. For all you know she leaked the song herself, be ready for the backlash you’re gonna get because the song is fucking terrible.”

Her eyes brimmed with tears, but she blinked them away.

“I— it wasn’t—wasn’t even ready to be released, we weren’t planning on—“

“You might want to tell your new best friend that,” his grip tightened and Liv let out a whimper of pain.

“You’re hurting me,” She pulled against his grasp, a failed attempt to break out of it.

“I’m not kidding, Liv. I don’t give a shit what kind of creative input, ideas, whatever the fuck kind of collab she tries to convince you to do, you’re gonna say no.”

“…”

“Do you hear me?”

coded by natasha.

Last edited:

Dalton Kirby

Dalton was going to kill her. 4th of July when he’d thought her presence mildly entertaining, fun even, was a distant memory. He’d driven out of Newcastle early in the morning but had turned right around when shit hit the fan in twitter. And that was putting what happened lightly.

The whole lot of it was fucking bullshit that had his blood boiling and his car blasting past speed limits on the long drive back. A recipe for disaster really. It was a miracle he hadn’t crashed.

How fucking dare she? They were getting married? She was pregnant with his baby? Once was one thing but then she came back again with new shit, and this time it was that Livanna Moore and Evelyn Sinclaire were both pregnant with his kid. Livid didn’t even begin to describe it. He was going to hunt her down. He was hunting her down. Livanna and her loose lips had their use for once. Spilled all the details on exactly where her good buddy was and he had finally arrived at the location.

Ashton West was a dead girl walking. It was like she was trying to ruin his life. He had a surfing scholarship, to a top university in San Diego, and rumours like the ones she’d started spreading; that painted him in a bad light? It was a potential scholarship killer, regardless of whether it was true or not. Schools hated any whiff of scandal. Tanked their reputation. And his shitty old man’s fucking public profile didn’t help in the least on that front. The last thing he needed was headlines screaming “Politician’s son sowing wild oats everywhere”

Dalton wanted out of Newcastle for good, not a permanent stay in the shitty fucked up town with his equally fucked up “family” that he was forced to call home.

He slammed the doors of his car shut and locked it, storming straight towards the doors of the record company, the tension just radiating off his body. Yeah, he definitely wasn’t here for a cordial visit but who was going to stop him? Times like this were the only times the old fart recognised as his father had his uses.

Security backed up and let him through after keeping him in place long enough for his temper to worsen even further. Just wait till he got his hands on Ashton West. She was dead meat. He’d be damned if he didn’t make her pay for the rumours or fix up the fucking mess she’d just started. It’d be the last time he’d get involved with the blonde nutcase. Livanna Moore and her friends were all fucking bad news. The sooner he left Newcastle the better.

Making his way down the halls with long quick strides, Dalton scanned the hallways and the rooms, searching for the tiny, pint-sized blonde who had put him in one of the shittiest moods he had ever been in his life. Which was saying something because his life was just full of people who were determined to make his blood boil.

He continued to make quick work of the hallways and rooms, increasingly annoyed by the size of the place and the sheer lack of people. It was like an alarm bell had been sounded and everyone had fled and hide so he couldn’t interrogate them as to Ashton West’s whereabouts. He was going to be pissed if he combed through the entire building and didn’t find her. If Livanna had tipped her off and she had fled, he was going to –

Dalton’s steps slowed as he caught a glimpse of movement in one of the rooms and he focused his gaze. There was a man and a girl, not the tiny blonde he was looking for but a face he would recognise anywhere. Livanna. The man was not familiar in the least, but he was standing very close to Liv, basically shoved himself right in her face and there was almost no distance between them. Was that the guy she was on a date with? Her taste was unsurprisingly terrible. The guy looked like a pile of crap somebody had desperately tried and failed to groom into looking like anything but –

Dalton had begun to turn away and continue down the hallway in search of Ash when something else caught his attention from the corner of his eye and he found himself stopping and looking back at the pair. Perhaps it was because he had never seen that expression on the usually bright faced girl that he noticed it.

Livanna looked uncomfortable.

The man, whoever he was, definitely not her date because even she wasn’t nearly that insane, was running his hands through her hair, caressing her cheek. An act that could be mistaken for a lover’s sweet touch if it wasn’t for the fact that Livanna looked like she was barely holding back her tears, trying not to cry. How sickening. How sad and pitiful did you have to be to make advances on someone who so clearly didn’t want them? Pathetic.

None of this was any of his business anyway. It wasn’t like Livanna didn’t have a voice or hands of her own. If she hated it that much, she should just push him away and tell him to shove it where the sun didn’t shine. He didn’t have time for this anyway, he was here to find Ashton West, not play hero. That wasn’t his thing anyway. Rely on others to fix your problems or for anything really and you were sure to be disappointed and screwed over. Welcome to reality.

Dalton set his jaw and continued on his way, ignoring the commotion that carried on in the room as the jerk suddenly turned violent, pincering her wrist in a vice grip. From the corner of his eye, Dalton could see Livanna struggle helplessly against the man’s grip.

Whatever. It wasn’t any of his business. He didn’t give a damn about whatever happened to Livanna Moore. Not after all the stunts she pulled. He was tired of dealing with her. Sick of her nonsense. The world was dog eat dog. She could suffer for all he –

“Hey. Back off.”

What the fuck was he doing? Dalton cursed himself mentally as he stood there, hand latched around the hand that was gripping Livanna’s wrist. This was fucking stupid, absolutely idiotic. He was here to find Ashton West, not get tangled up in more of Livanna Moore’s shit. Fuck. The guy was an adult, probably had a couple of years on him, but it didn't matter in the least, he had more muscle, more power, more strength. Overpowering the guy would be as easy as taking candy from a baby.

“Hey buddy, this is a private area, you can’t just come waltzing in here like – ahhh, ahhhh, AHHHHH! FUCK!” The man squealed like a pig as Dalton tightened his grip around his wrist, crushing the bone in his fist. “FUCK! YOU’RE GONNA BREAK IT! LET GO!”

“What? Can’t take what you’re dishing out onto a young girl? Why don’t you let go first?”

The man’s grip on Livanna loosened, and Dalton wordlessly pulled her free from his grasp and behind him to safety.

“Come on kid. I already let go of her so just let go! Please!”

“Why?” Dalton’s grip tightened and the man let out a cry of pain. “You didn’t let go when she was in pain, why should I?”

“COME ON DUDE! MY HAND!”

It wasn’t any of his business and he couldn’t care less but since he was already here, should he just snap his hand off? Break it into two so he’d never be able to use it again? Seemed like it would barely pass as a fitting punishment for a bastard like him.

No. Forget it. He wasn't about to get blood on his hands over someone else's matter. He had enough potential jeopardy to deal with thanks to Ash and Liv. He'd done more than enough already.

Dalton released his hand, tossing it back as he let go. "Get lost." He growled. The man held his limp wrist in his hand, glaring and muttering something as he made a quick exit. Good fucking riddance.

Dalton turned around, ready to resume his hunt for Ash and nearly walked right into Livanna, having kind of forgotten that he had parked her there earlier. His eyes flicked to her face and then the hand that had been helplessly trapped in the man's grip. Fuck. None of his business. Her problems were hers alone. The bastard was already gone anyways, and he had more important things to do.

mood
fuck

outfit
casual

playing...
song title here

by artist here​

mentions
Ash, Evie

interactions
Liv, Liam

tags
Soap Soap

º º code by ditto º º

Mason

The only thing that was probably worse than the walk of shame was when you were doing the walk of shame in last night's fucking work clothes. Since he'd gone straight over to Lola's house from work, he'd shown up in his fucking uniform for the grocery store.

Which meant khakis, decent shoes, and a fucking button-down with a fucking tie. The tie was currently still on, although it had been loosened and was dangling around his neck.

What? There was no point in tightening it, although keeping it loose seemed to draw even more unwanted attention. Or perhaps it was just the look of pure anger and rage that was currently plastered on his face, his jaw tightly clenched as he started up the steps to Raven's apartment.

Millions of ideas, of remarks, were going through his head.

Punch the wall.

Throw something.

Yell.

He'd try to keep his cool -- not for Raven's sake, but simply for Ari's sake. The last thing that she really needed was seeing her dad lose his temper over something that she wouldn't fucking understand, or even needed to know. Plus then the next time Adriane decided to show the fuck up? Yeah, Ari would tell her all about it. "Oh yeah, daddy broke Raven's TV! I dunno why, he said it was because she lied about candy or something."

As he came to the door, though, it became harder and harder to fucking control his temper.

His hands clenched into fists, his breath wavering as he struggled to keep calm. One hand still remained tightened by his side, while his other fist came up to pound on her door. Once, twice, three times. He waited a few seconds, then did it again.

Mason wanted Ari, and then he wanted fucking out.

He slammed his fist against the door again, this time causing it to rattle on the hinges.

"Open the fucking door, Rivera." He yelled.

Yeah, his patience was running thin.

mood
angry grrrr

outfit
his grocery store uniform very hot

playing...
Superman
by Boyce Avenue​

mentions
Jade & Lola < 3

interactions
Raven

tags
Soap Soap

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Damien Slater

Videogames had always been a bit of a sore spot for him... mostly because Damien was Damien, and the only shorter than his d--

Ha, kidding.

He did have a really short fuse, though, and losing at videogames seemed to be just the right thing to cause that fuse to be lit.

As he died yet again, his jaw was tightly clenched. His knuckles nearly white from tightly clenching onto the controller in his hands. His thumbs were kind of starting to hurt from smashing buttons and as he respawned and ended up in another fight, Damien found himself aggressively pressing buttons.

He exhaled through his nose, attempting to blow off some of the steam, when Amy started asking him a question.

"So I made a bet with Justin that I could get laid and have zero strings attached. got any tips?" She asked bluntly.

"You?" Damien asked with a laugh, but then he realized that Amy was dead serious. Which just earned another snort of laughter from him, followed by a shake of his head. "My advice? Back out while you still have a chance."

At least it'd been enough to cool his temper.

And they'd just managed to finish the level, which meant... it was time for party.

"C'mon," he said as he tossed the controller down onto the couch by her. "Let's go get ready."

And... scene.

mood
grr

outfit
clothes

playing...
DONTTRUSTME
by 3OH!3​

mentions
N/A

interactions
Amy

tags
Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

º º code by ditto º º

Lucky DuBois

Last time on The Idiot’s Guide to Being the Unluckiest Man on Earth

…he had been two hours out of his unknown destination when he found out that his ex-girlfriend. His only girlfriend. The five foot two blonde menace to everything in his life, had moved to California a few months prior to his arrival. And while he was completely, one hundred percent, totally over her, the mere fact that she was in the same state, left him…unsettled…

…Dorian…his favorite cousin. His brother from another mother. The dead man walking had neglected to tell him that they’d come to Newcastle to shack up with his best friend: the bane of his existence. The most annoying person on the face of the planet. The abomination that is Jace fucking West…

Not only that, but allegedly, Dorian had not told Jace that he was coming either. So, he furnished Lucky’s room as if Malibu Barbie was coming to town. A literal peptomismal explosion.

And I know what you’re thinking. Damn. That’s a fucking bad day. Some real bad luck. It couldn’t possibly get worse.

Yes.

Yes it could.

The apartment wasn’t ready. Jace had some last minute construction and was probably awaiting a shipment of those god awful vanilla lemon candles he loved so much. Regardless, Jace had made other arrangements.

Look. Life has always been a fickle beast. For most, it seemed to be an ebb and flow between manageable and unmanageable. For Lucky Eugene DuBois, it seemed to be a series of calculated, meticulous blows to his nuts.

The thought that he’d done some horrific, unimaginable things in a past life had crossed his mind on many occasions throughout his relatively short life. And today…

Today was no fucking exception.

He’d arrived at the last place he’d ever thought he’d end up. The West’s mansion. He’d not spoken to Dorian since he wrangled the address from Jace and left the two of them in a blaze of ‘f bombs’ and various other expletives that warned them that now wasn’t a real good time.

As he pulled up into the driveway, a dark cloud enveloped the sky. Just kidding, but it definitely fucking felt like it. There was a cold, foreboding nature to the West’s manor. Maybe it was that he knew what horror lived inside those walls, or maybe it was the fact that Ash could be inside.

Lucky knelt his head down and looked up at the house. It was insanely big. Too big. No one needed a house that large, yet here it stood. A shiver ran down his spine as he grabbed the duffel bag on the passenger seat and hopped out of the truck. He took a deep breath as he shut the door and glanced back to see if Dorian was anywhere in sight.

He was tired. Exhausted. Needed a shower. And pissed the fuck off. It probably wasn’t the best thing to do, but Lucky was on a roll and why not really just go all out, ya know? He made his way up to the front door and rang the doorbell and like the gates of hell opened, a large sound bellowed from behind the door.

He drew in another deep breath as he heard some rustling behind the door as it opened to reveal none other than Elise fucking West. His head dropped and a defeated, ‘I can’t catch a break’ chuckle huffed from his lips as he looked up at his ex-girlfriend’s mother. “Hey Roomie.” He said with a smirk. Hey…he might as well get some joy out of this monumentally fucked situation. He took advantage of Elise’s shock and made his way into the foyer and glanced around.

Fuck. This place was nice. “So…which room is mine? Preferably as far away from your torture chamber as possible. I’m kind of a light sleeper.”

mood
defeated

outfit
clothes duh

playing...
Light Em Up

by Fall Out Boy

mentions
Dorian, Jace, Ash

interactions
Elise, Ash, Dorian, Jace

tags