• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

New to DnD

Brumock

Knight
I am completely new to DnD and I would love to play it with a small understanding group of players who wouldn't mind teaching me what's what

It's fairly easy. 5e made it pretty easy for new players to get into the game without having to worry about complex mechanics. I could run a newbie friendly game with maybe a twist or two to spice up the adventure from times to times but we are going to need more players for that.

No problem, well going to give it a couple of days and see who wants to come join us, then I'll make the game and give some explanations. As for the setting since it will just be for new players, it will be the forgotten realms/sword coast region. So yeah using the default FR setting. Don't worry too much about the details of the setting, just think of what kind of fantasy character you want to play while we wait.

Hey this sounds sweet, if your going to run a newbie session count me in, since this is going to be 5e it would help me get used to it. I have done d&d before but for whatever reason 5e confuses me.

Well if @Thane Korino was expressing his interest and now with @NekoChanBo , that would be 3 people good enough to get started, four would be ideal but can get by with three. I'll get started working on a few things for the thread and hopefully we should get started soon.

If you manage to get the other person, that would be perfect for the party. But guess meanwhile, while you can read up on various lore about the forgotten realms but this won't be necessary, as the metaplot of FR is complex but as far as you are concerned, you will start in a small village doing heroic stuffs.

Hi there guys, I'm also a newbie. I've tried to get into DnD before, the 5e version, I even had a created character and everything, but we never got to play. I have no experience outside of the character creation, if that's not an issue, and you guys are still looking?

I also have no experience with dice rolling on the forums xD But I've had a craving since we weren't able to get the game going.

if yea need a fourth, i have time.

most my knowledge of forgotten realms is from playing balder's gate, neverwinter nights and such, so... not sure how that measures up. But I'm pretty handy in the ways of 5th ed rules should help be needed.

I'm curious too if you all still have room?

Edit: or wait, does DnD translates to Dungeons and Dragons cause I don't have a clue about that, just curious about dice rp in general :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Scribbly said:
I'm curious too if you all still have room?
Edit: or wait, does DnD translates to Dungeons and Dragons cause I don't have a clue about that, just curious about dice rp in general :P
It does translate to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back