• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Neon Lights [A Sci-fi Cyberpunk Roleplay]

razorred

Robot
NEON LIGHTS

e91fd6f36e5f8d53fe6b05903a31bb70.jpg
18+ Preferred

The year is 3333, big businesses practically rule the world, city streets are gritty, chaotic, and overwhelmed with harsh anarchism, and there is no government or order. Hospitals and police forces are privately owned and only help the rich, resulting in high crime and filthy conditions. Technology has become incredibly advanced, and we've managed to reach the stars. Robots, aliens, and humans desperately try to survive in this cruel future. Is it all worth it? Roleplay to find out!

How to apply:
Apply in this thread with;
- a brief description of your character idea. You can be a human, cyborg, robot, or alien. You can even provide a picture if you wish. Go crazy and have fun with it! When everyone is approved I'll make a separate thread to put official, more detailed character sheets.
- a small sample of your writing style. For this roleplay, you MUST put dialogue on separate lines. Please do a paragraph. When roleplaying, we will be doing 2-4 paragraphs as we go.

We will also be rotating as this is a group roleplay. Ex: Person C goes after Person B, and Person B goes after Person A.

Slots available: 2/2

Last edited:
Hi, is it okay to ask for some more info on the setting? Is there going to be a common thread tying players together? Will we be concentrating on any particular location/city/company?

Hi, is it okay to ask for some more info on the setting? Is there going to be a common thread tying players together? Will we be concentrating on any particular location/city/company?
that is a very interesting question i approve of this and am alos interested in knowing more

this sounds extremely interesting and uh... here ya go!

My character would be a pick-pocketing alien who works for someone much higher than she truly understands. Her jobs range from stealing, high-jacking, and other small things. She comes from the planet Aru'thKar, a planet based on peace and love, completely different from earth. She left in hopes of finding something more interesting, and earth seemed to be the best place. The free-for-all is what intrigued her the most, no rules, nothing.

Elvie sat, her legs swinging back and forth as she gazed at the man across the street. He had caught her eye as soon as he got out of his vehicle, the woman clinging to his arm wore a dress almost as shiny as the metal on the car. His skin was pale, a contrast to the dark suit he wore. Scars littered his face, he was once handsome but now he looked monstrous and distorted. How the woman clung to him, how she seemed to enjoy his presence was beyond her. Elvie longed to move closer, to see what his pockets hid from the rest of the world, but she knew her boss would kill her if she rushed the process–as he would say. The wait was always the worst part, she wanted the thrill of the moment. This client in particular could make or break her, both literally and figuratively. If she was caught, she would be beheaded and sent back to her home planet on a platter. If not, she would make more money than she had in the past three months.

As soon as he entered the building across from her, one of the best clubs in the city, she knew it was almost time. Her excitement rose, butterflies forming in the pit of her stomach. it didn't matter how long she had been doing this job, she still got nervous. While she was good at what she did, quick with her hands and feet, she still made mistakes. This time, she couldn't mess up.

The familiar ding of her phone rang, signaling it was time. Elvie hummed softly, her eyes twinkling. Pushing herself off where she had been sitting, she advanced, pushing through the crowds of people. Hopefully, the man wouldn't be too hard to find.

I had expressed interest a couple days ago... with no answer. So I deleted my inquiry. But maybe with everyone here now, I might get my question answered.
Here is an OC I'd like to submit for approval. Do you think she would work here? You mentioned that space travel was a thing, as well as aliens and such, so I think she'd fit in.
Please let me know one way or the other.

Also here are Two Writing samples:

I had expressed interest a couple days ago... with no answer. So I deleted my inquiry. But maybe with everyone here now, I might get my question answered.
Here is an OC I'd like to submit for approval. Do you think she would work here? You mentioned that space travel was a thing, as well as aliens and such, so I think she'd fit in.
Please let me know one way or the other.

Also here are Two Writing samples:

both your character and your writing samples are stunning!

Methinks this dude is not coming back anytime soon. I rescind my application for the second (and final) time. :/

I'm game to give this a go!

4da0826af5ac938e792b5d79cc846511.jpg
Aevery Bracket, a young woman mostly disowned of her family's tech money legacy. She lives on her own, pursuing a master degree in journalism, though Aev prefers the old-fashioned way to her job as she does most things. Investigative journalism: the kind of line of work that died ages ago when big media took over, the kind of line of work that gets you on the wrong side of the authorities and more than a few CEO's. The young woman is spunky, confident, and sports a blazing history of non-compliance, and mixed with a burning ambition, dreams of proving herself to her family and every nay-sayer that tried to get in her way.

When looking for a place to burn documents, comfort isn't usually the first priority. Unless of course those documents are probably dangerous even as bits of code, people are looking for them, and the fire would catch the attention of those who have deemed the documents dangerous in the first place. In such case, the comfort of home and a midnight cup of coffee goes a long way to calm the nerves. Aev glances back to her notes strewn about the coffee table, paper copies of the files she'd managed to snag, and lingers to watch the luminescent glowing bar of her friend's shredder code doing its work. 69%... She takes a sip of coffee and struts over to the table with a soured expression. Burnt. Damn. Her hands glance over the cheapest paper she could get her hands on with how hard the stuff is to come by. Outside, the neon glow of the city makes it hard to read with the room shifting between muddied hues of blue and violet. If she closes her eyes tight enough, she can almost remember being in the deadened countryside under the stars. 81%.

Will it change anything in the end, Aev wonders to herself as she looks dismally back to the screen. Probably not. She'll take every precaution, publish the article of what she has found, and it will get past the initial flagging systems, maybe even the secondary checks, and a handful of people might see it and actually think for all of two seconds before the article is terminated. One day, she'll get to the bottom of it all. Hell, one day she might have the confidence to actually put her own name on one of these, and on that day the header will feature on every LED, every neon, every screen, megatron, hologram in the city. Maybe even further. 93%. It would really have to be worth it, though. It's not like her file is clear, there are eyes on everyone in this gleaming metropolis but a few extra might peer to those who have dared peel back the iridescent sheeting and try to show people the gritty lower decks. She finishes her coffee with a soft sigh and glances over to a tattered printed photo sitting by a couple dying plants in the window sill. A great grandfather, blackened from the family like her. 100%. The computer dings and draws her attention from nostalgia. She grabs her comms unit as she runs all the checks to make sure the documents are really gone. By the time her friend picks up, it comes up clear and she mutters in disbelief to her groggy friend,

"Hey Ajax,.. I thought you were bluffing but, it,.. it worked, man. It worked."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back