• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom NCR Boot Camp RP

Bealocwealm

Hey all! I'm looking to set up a boot camp RP in the New California Republic, set around the approximate time of Fallout: New Vegas -- that is, somewhere between the First Battle of Hoover Dam (where the NCR won by directing the Legion into an explosive trap at Boulder City) and the Second (the 'final battle' of the game itself deciding the fate of the Mojave). This isn't faction RP or nation RP where you're trying to win a game of Risk, this is just good old-fashioned character RP.

The majority of chars would be brand-new NCR soldiers going through boot camp and beyond around Camp Golf -- if people wanted to play the canonical Misfits unit (or characters from it) and expand it to a more realistic size, that could be fun! There's room for a couple more experienced soldiers and even rangers around the camp; we'd need people who want to be the ones training the newbies, after all. Down the line there may be room for even more possibilities, if we want to continue the RP into active military service.

I'm not looking for an "anyone can die at any moment! this is Hardcore!" atmosphere, but some level of seriousness is inevitable and welcome, as is some level of comedy. Canons and OCs welcome so long as they suit the concept.

I will say as a note that I am looking for a somewhat more realistic style of RP (where it's not possible to instantly return to full health from the brink of death with enough stimpaks, ammo has weight, etc.)

Is anyone interested?

EDIT 9/10: We're still looking for players! Fandom - Flags of Our Foul-Ups- Characters To apply, submit a profile to the characters thread!

Last edited:
Ave, true to the republic sign me up
Pop onto the characters thread and make a submission!
Can I join as a first gen Super Mutant since canonically they recruit them.
I can't recall that being canon in FNV... I think there was one in Fallout 2? I'm honestly hesitant. NCR in FNV isn't shown to be too friendly to mutants. You could try to submit one but it'll have to be pretty compelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back