• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic NCQuest: Tactical Mech Action, OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Windsock

Two Thousand Club
Old OOC thread here.

After a hiatus and a retcon or two, it was decided that the project that I GM, NCQuest, necessitated a new series of threads; this, of course, is the new OOC thread. Above is the link to the original OOC.

Below are mentions of the original players so that they can be notified of the new OOC. Please expect the other relevant pages in the following days.

Malphaestus Malphaestus
Viper Actual Viper Actual
SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III
YsFanatic YsFanatic
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Aldur Aldur

I hope to see everyone who can attend, do so!

YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Aldur Aldur

Today's the day, and I may or may not have accidentally pulled an all-nighter lmao. Don't worry: my body is ready. Anyway, expect some starter stuff to be posted today, of course.

On the continuation's starter, we're going to begin right in the middle of a minor incident at base: related to the aforementioned surprise inspection, the base and its personnel as a whole is/are going to have a similar random inspection that the Linkers will be present for. In particular for the player characters, they're going to be interviewed by middle management for a little bit of easy character development opportunity and, also, an opportunity to practice any character retcons and the like that you, the players, cooked up for 'Your Dudes'.

Simple stuff, to ease all of us back into the swing of things.

About the earlier separate queue orders stuff, we're still gonna be doing that; so expect the party to be split into either two triumvirates or three duets for the interviewing, ofc. Just simplicity and to maintain a level of inter-player interaction. If you'd like specific pairings-ups for that, hit me up asap. I don't have any in mind at the moment, but as soon as I get to writing the full starter post(s) I'll notify the defaults I'm going for, if I'm not told of any preferences.

Anyway, while I'm working on all that, please maneuver to the new character thread (here) and post Your Dudes when prudent for you.

YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Aldur Aldur

Okay, writing up part 2 of the starter posts and here's the more concrete plan for everyone about the starter IC. So, the current list and order of events is going to be roughly as follows;

Everyone will be given the opportunity and time to write non-interaction posts for Their Dudes for the simple practice, but after and besides that we'll be going into the interviews, where 2-3 people are set aside for the Interviewers for some multi-character interaction practice. After that, the Interviewers will be further available for PM collabs where more private questions will be asked IC, to be posted afterwards; in the interests of character-specific side-plot setup and the like.

In short:

START
"Main and side PC's thoughts and actions/prologue/etc" post (optional, also: we are here.)
THEN
"2-3 PC's group up and talk with interviewers" post(s)
AND/OR
"1 on 1 questioning from interviewer" PM collab(s) (optional)
END

I'm probably putting too much thought into it, but I hope it's concise and everyone is on the same page as I am. Admittedly, you lot know what you're doing so this is mostly for my benefit lmao.

Anyway, with that out of the way, you can start writing your own prologue bits if you'd like; if not, please wait patiently for 'phase 2'. Expect the preliminary opening writing for that to be early tomorrow at the latest.

If you need any kind of assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

I hope everyone has a great time getting back in the saddle!

Sounds good, unfortunately I am still unable to commit to this at this time. With my workload (and responsibility at work) gradually increasing I have a hard time as is keeping track of the two RPs I'm already part of.

Sounds good, unfortunately I am still unable to commit to this at this time. With my workload (and responsibility at work) gradually increasing I have a hard time as is keeping track of the two RPs I'm already part of.

Thank you for notifying me: if there's anything particular you'd like for us to do about Peyton being absent please hit me up in private. If not, we're going to assume she was also "suddenly re-assigned to elsewhere" (woOo spOopy)

Sorry about this, but I continue being easily distracted. Besides that, I'd like a sitrep on everyone still present at the moment and more directly on everyone who's planning or writing a prologue-y/practice-y post at the moment. If none of us are interested in this, we'll immediately go to phase 2.

Sorry about this, but I continue being easily distracted. Besides that, I'd like a sitrep on everyone still present at the moment and more directly on everyone who's planning or writing a prologue-y/practice-y post at the moment. If none of us are interested in this, we'll immediately go to phase 2.

Still here. Not planning on writing a prolouge atm and I probably won't do.

I wasn't going to, but I posted a quick prologue to the prologue, LOL. Needed the warmup.

YsFanatic YsFanatic
Aldur Aldur

To those of you who haven't posted a prologue but want to, don't be too worried because we can use "comic book time", just because I'm starting to get going doesn't mean we can't flashback for a scene or two.

Speaking of, finalizing what I was writing yesterday: As I said, I keep getting severely distracted lmao.

Lost everything that I was writing smh. It was probably too long anyway. Please forgive a shorter post, later today. I have real life matters to attend to today, I'd like to apologize for continued tardiness.

YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Aldur Aldur

Apologies about the wait, getting back into my own practice. Not quite ecstatic about this one, but this was supposed to be posted yesterday and it's good enough smh. Tippy toes.

Again, if you were going to write a prologue bit and would still like to do so first, go ahead. In this case, might be best to just bundle it with a character's answer to the questions they were given.

YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Howdy again everyone, just keeping everyone informed. DeKay has just notified me he isn't going to be able to continue with us in full for the foreseeable future; since his character is already explicitly present, expect some minor re-writes for the resulting predicament in the next post I make. Talking to him about it in the background as we speak. Everyone else, continue as you are.

I'm aware that I can't write anything inspiring the first time to save my life, so if anyone wants me to take the time to use the minor opportunity now present to add some more immediately inspirational spice, hit me up, especially if you have any recommendations or ideas.

Thanks to everyone.

YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Hey.

I was going to plan out this big post detailing my feelings and thoughts, but after thinking about it, that's not really necessary. it's obvious this story thread isn't really doing it for all of us (me included), so I was thinking back on things and I figure a big part of it is that I just presume I always know what's best, so I neglect to ask everyone what to do.

So, I'm just going to ask everyone, what do you think we should do? This story-thread about a surprise inspection, it just isn't captivating, at least in how it is right now. I don't have a lot of vigor for this and, I know a factor is that real life gets in the way, but I still feel that it's really not that interesting to everyone else too. I should've personally talked to all of you and actually collected your wants and needs instead of just saying what we were going to do and expecting everyone to follow. So, I'll just do that now. Better late than never.

As players, what kind of plot thread were you actually wanting, to get us back into the game? I want all of your honest opinions, even if it's crazy brainstorming. Hell, especially, lmao. I'm just not sure what we should actually go for here. I know I convey that I'm some gamer mastermind GM that always knows what to do, but really, that's part of the damn problem. I really have no idea what I'm doing anymore, about running this.

So, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for any and all answers.

YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

Hey.

I was going to plan out this big post detailing my feelings and thoughts, but after thinking about it, that's not really necessary. it's obvious this story thread isn't really doing it for all of us (me included), so I was thinking back on things and I figure a big part of it is that I just presume I always know what's best, so I neglect to ask everyone what to do.

So, I'm just going to ask everyone, what do you think we should do? This story-thread about a surprise inspection, it just isn't captivating, at least in how it is right now. I don't have a lot of vigor for this and, I know a factor is that real life gets in the way, but I still feel that it's really not that interesting to everyone else too. I should've personally talked to all of you and actually collected your wants and needs instead of just saying what we were going to do and expecting everyone to follow. So, I'll just do that now. Better late than never.

As players, what kind of plot thread were you actually wanting, to get us back into the game? I want all of your honest opinions, even if it's crazy brainstorming. Hell, especially, lmao. I'm just not sure what we should actually go for here. I know I convey that I'm some gamer mastermind GM that always knows what to do, but really, that's part of the damn problem. I really have no idea what I'm doing anymore, about running this.

So, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for any and all answers.

Apart from life getting in the way for all of us, while I do agree to some extent that the intial stroy thread isn't captivating (Should've spoken up about it when I was having issues but I know what I'm like), it was more difficult for me to write a post in response to the questions given by the interviewer. I half expected all of the characters who are availble to meet each other for the first time similar to the first thread that we did, though I do see why that could be boring and more of a repeat rather than something new.

Malphaestus Malphaestus
YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Aldur Aldur

Other concerned parties:
Pacificus Pacificus
skwerl56767 skwerl56767

Hey. This is mostly just for me and my own closure, but, I'd still like to thank everyone. I don't think I'd be able to continue this story, at least for the foreseeable future, and as a GM. I don't have an excuse.

But, besides that...

I just wanted to tell everyone that I adored all the characters and storyline concepts you gave to me, and to everyone else to think about and play with in their minds. I'll tell all of you there was a friend of mine in my own life who I used as a confidant, and they too adored what was planned by everyone. But their adoration, that's nothing compared to the admiration and love I had for the possibility here.

We didn't get to go through the steps, but I still had things in my head. The possible character interactions, the cool scenes, the drama, the glory, and camaraderie for all the player characters and everything. But, even though I'm the Game Master, those moments of happiness and childish glee that were given to me, that's a gift from all of you guys.

All of you made me very happy. From the beginning, to now, I can clearly see all of what could happen in my head, and every time I do, I smile.

So, thanks.

But, I do want to return a gift of my own to you guys one day. I'm just not sure how.

I hope to talk to you all again later, in better context.

Malphaestus Malphaestus
YsFanatic YsFanatic
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Aldur Aldur

Other concerned parties:
Pacificus Pacificus
skwerl56767 skwerl56767

Hey. This is mostly just for me and my own closure, but, I'd still like to thank everyone. I don't think I'd be able to continue this story, at least for the foreseeable future, and as a GM. I don't have an excuse.

But, besides that...

I just wanted to tell everyone that I adored all the characters and storyline concepts you gave to me, and to everyone else to think about and play with in their minds. I'll tell all of you there was a friend of mine in my own life who I used as a confidant, and they too adored what was planned by everyone. But their adoration, that's nothing compared to the admiration and love I had for the possibility here.

We didn't get to go through the steps, but I still had things in my head. The possible character interactions, the cool scenes, the drama, the glory, and camaraderie for all the player characters and everything. But, even though I'm the Game Master, those moments of happiness and childish glee that were given to me, that's a gift from all of you guys.

All of you made me very happy. From the beginning, to now, I can clearly see all of what could happen in my head, and every time I do, I smile.

So, thanks.

But, I do want to return a gift of my own to you guys one day. I'm just not sure how.

I hope to talk to you all again later, in better context.

it’s just time, my friend. A continuation is an inevitability if one stays simply determined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back