• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic NCQuest: Mecha flavored action, OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
>Implying Azata has the mental fortitude, capacity and focus to listen to one of Halliwell's briefings when she has new toys to play with

>Implying Azata has the mental fortitude, capacity and focus to listen to one of Halliwell's briefings when she has new toys to play with
But Halliwell is just so... captivating.

Halliwell: "...and that concludes the briefing. Any questions?"
Azata: *muttering* "Worst webcam show ever. She didn't even show her tits."

Streuben always appreciates information updates. Even if that happens to be "Strategic Launch Detected."

Figured I'd give everybody a status update on my computer stuff:

Just brought it to a local repair shop, can't confirm anything yet. Absolute latest I should hear more on it is the 18th (or so i was told smh).

On that note, I also have a medical appointment on the 20th. Nothing serious is planned but I'll update you all if that changes and if I'll need to get fückëd üp that day.

Last edited:
Same here. I'm nearly done and was trying to have it posted this morning, but I'm out of time and gotta go to work. So, expect a post from me tonight.

On a side note, RP Nation no longer plays nicely with my work's wifi. I don't know if it's because of the latest update, but I can't access this site at work anymore, as of a few weeks ago. (And, no it's not blocked. YouTube, for example, is blocked and gives a message saying as much. All I get from RP Nation is a "failure to connect to server" and something about the site's certificate. It's weird.) I usually just leave my tabs open, so i can still read old posts and lore and such as I write. But I can't post or see new posts until I get home. Sucks.

Same here. I'm nearly done and was trying to have it posted this morning, but I'm out of time and gotta go to work. So, expect a post from me tonight.

On a side note, RP Nation no longer plays nicely with my work's wifi. . . . I can't post or see new posts until I get home. Sucks.

Thanks for keeping us all informed at least.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Hey, I was looking at the reasons for target assignment, but I believe the opposite is true here in terms of who should go after what. Unfortunately Niko (probably) doesn't know what the Raijin is equipped with so even if he requested to switch, he doesn't have evidence for an argument against the assignment. But from personal experience with this kind of thing, I can say bladers don't work well against fast swarm tactic units as much as airburst munitions and guns will, while they work wonders on things with turrets due to traverse speed limits and easy component damage.
Still, he doesn't really have this thought pattern so the only excuse for him really is just wanting to deal with the gunship himself.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Hey, I was looking at the reasons for target assignment, but I believe the opposite is true here in terms of who should go after what. Unfortunately Niko (probably) doesn't know what the Raijin is equipped with so even if he requested to switch, he doesn't have evidence for an argument against the assignment. But from personal experience with this kind of thing, I can say bladers don't work well against fast swarm tactic units as much as airburst munitions and guns will, while they work wonders on things with turrets due to traverse speed limits and easy component damage.
Still, he doesn't really have this thought pattern so the only excuse for him really is just wanting to deal with the gunship himself.
He could bring that up in-character, if he fears he is ill-equipped to combat the drones. Or Halliwell might swap them when it becomes clear he's not doing well against them.

Frankly, neither of them is well-suited for this mission. Cammy doesn't have many of those remote detonators, so her useable ammo is severely limited. That, and Samaritan's greater agility, were the main reasons for sending her after the gunship. And since every shot has to count, spamming rounds into a group of hard-to-hit drones would be wasteful. (Also, the gunship is manned and he has a no-kill policy. Even though Halliwell doesn't know that, she probably suspects he's hesitant to kill.)

He could bring that up in-character, if he fears he is ill-equipped to combat the drones. Or Halliwell might swap them when it becomes clear he's not doing well against them.

Frankly, neither of them is well-suited for this mission. Cammy doesn't have many of those remote detonators, so her useable ammo is severely limited. That, and Samaritan's greater agility, were the main reasons for sending her after the gunship. And since every shot has to count, spamming rounds into a group of hard-to-hit drones would be wasteful. (Also, the gunship is manned and he has a no-kill policy. Even though Halliwell doesn't know that, she probably suspects he's hesitant to kill.)

To be fair, he doesn't have to blow it up or anything. There's other ways to bring a plane down when it has no power. Besides, if his policy is just a reason to send him against drones only then he'll never actually get to do anything.

I dunno, it just seems like he's arguably worse against the drones due to lacking crowd control at all. Telling him not to get swarmed is more or less telling him not to do his job, since he has to get in their faces to be effective.

To be fair, he doesn't have to blow it up or anything. There's other ways to bring a plane down when it has no power. Besides, if his policy is just a reason to send him against drones only then he'll never actually get to do anything.

I dunno, it just seems like he's arguably worse against the drones due to lacking crowd control at all. Telling him not to get swarmed is more or less telling him not to do his job, since he has to get in their faces to be effective.
I thought the goo gun had some range. That was part of Halliwell's reasoning, too. If it doesn't... this mission is gonna suck.

*nervous laugh*

Hope y'all are stocked up on bottled water.

I thought the goo gun had some range. That was part of Halliwell's reasoning, too. If it doesn't... this mission is gonna suck.

*nervous laugh*

Hope y'all are stocked up on bottled water.
Well, no more range than a napalm based mech-scale flamethrower would have I assume. He's mostly for anti-NC work and against larger craft like the gunship. Small fry is like trying to slice a rocket in half midair as a human, or trying to spray it with a water hose. It can be done in theory, but that doesn't make it easier than just hoping bullets will do the job. I mean it's spraying stuff that can effectively screw over control surfaces and joints with ease, unlike something that would take time to cause issues. It isn't going to be lobbed very far without some upgrades I'd think, unfortunately. At most some nozzle control would be what he has right now, which I guess would let him cover a wider area but would more or less be a shotgun at that point... Which is decent but relies a lot on luck to work.

Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff
We may need to PM Windsock Windsock and work out some fine details or wait for his post to clarify. I have a lot of questions, such as the size/speed of the drones, how many there are, and the size/speed of the gunship. My understanding was that these are fast-moving aircraft, so engaging them in melee is extremely difficult, even for the larger/slower gunship. NCs are fast, but not "chase down a plane" fast. Maybe a propeller craft, but not a jet.

If Niko wants to switch, I'm down with that. Like I said, he can either bring it up before we arrive, or wait for Halliwell to see she chose wrong and switch them. It might be more interesting that way. Cammy can adapt. I already have a few ideas in mind for what she can do once she runs out of ammo. She's not the type to quietly give up because she brought a spoon to a knife fight.

Last edited:
Update on my own situation (sadly): just in a mediocre headspace in my private life right now. I'll continue writing but it's difficult to focus is all.

AnonyMouse AnonyMouse
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff

Post incoming: decided to get a bit flowery lmao

EDIT: read it and realized I forgot to leave explicit room for an actual response to halliwell's "ayyo fam u got questions we got answers" smh. Just a reminder that the room exists even if i forget to mention it lmao

Last edited:
Windsock Windsock
Cool. This works nicely, for a couple of reasons:

(1) It sounds like the gunship is freakin' huge and could be reasonably downed by Niko's sword. Find it and give 'em the ol' slice n' dice.
(2) We have a rough idea which direction it went in, so Cammy's speed is less relevant to finding it.
(3) The drones seem to be focusing on Cammy. We might as well let them.

Like they say, most plans don't survive first contact. Halliwell would probably switch their assignments because of these three new developments. I can write a quick post saying as much, or we can collab, or I can have it happen in my next post. Otherwise, it's your turn, Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back