• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto Samurai AU: Imperial Army

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Neuro Vampire

Current Arc: Land of Fire Invasion

The Imperial Army has invaded the Land of Fire.

Significant Events:
  • Siege of Uchiha City (Our Starting Point)

latest

“Ain’t this ironic Miyoko, you left here just to lay siege to your own home. I hope you’re not conflicted about this.” Date commented to Miyoko Uchiha.

Their forces have already surrounded the Uchiha City but have not been engaged by Uchiha forces. This part of the Imperial Army has been given the uphill battle as the Uchiha are no doubt the strongest Garrison before the capital. Least the entire army is supposed to rendezvous before the capital especially with their being a tailed beast armament lying in wait there.

Japanime Japanime shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Orikanyo Orikanyo
IG42 IG42

"S...Sensei...where are you going?" Kyoka asked, noticing that Aiya was packing her things.

"To the Land of Fire. The Emperor wants to take the capital," Aiya replied.

"T...take me with you... I've f...finished my basic training. I...I can fight, Sensei." Kyoka bowed.

Aiya placed a hand on Kyoka's shoulder. "Yes, you have. I'm proud of you," she said, sounding like a mother. "But...you still have a lot to learn, Kyoka. There's going to be a tough battle ahead, starting with the Uchiha."

"P...please, Sensei." Kyoya was still bowing.

"Ara, ara," Aiya softly sighed. She raised her student's chin. "You may come, but be smart on the battlefield and stay close to our forces."

"Thank you, Sensei. I will."
~~~
The Black Widow stood alongside Date and Miyoko. She was dressed in her geisha-like getup. Wearing a kimono that was too gorgeous for a battlefield; war fan on her back, and a katana attached to her hip. Her gaze was on the Uchiha teen. She wouldn't blame him if he was having conflicting thoughts; this used to be his home after all. She gave Miyoko a reassuring smile.

Kyoya was nearby, sitting on top of Hayai's shell. She was dressed like a shrine maiden, which was pretty normal for her. She looked deep in thought as she absent mindedly rubbed the tortious' shell with her regular hand. She couldn't help thinking about her mother, a shrine maiden from a little village between the Lands of Wind and FIre. Images of her mother's death flashed before her eyes as if the event had happened yesterday. She could see a samerai from the Land of Fire striking down her mother. She'd like to think it was accident. Maybe the man had been too focused on the Land of Wind troops to notice a woman and her daughter. She was lucky that Aiya arrived when she did.

Kyoka wasn't out for revenge; she just didn't want what happened to her to happen to others, if she could help it.

Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire Japanime Japanime Orikanyo Orikanyo IG42 IG42

EEIAp3QUEAEg4g9
The calm winds blew, ruffling Miyoko's hair and fluttering his loose clothing. The cool breeze helped him stay levelheaded through all this. He took a brief second to think before answering Date's question. "It's to fix the world, right?" Miyoko understood what he may be doing is wrong or perhaps even considered betrayal, but if it was for the greater good it's okay, right? Or so he thought. A sigh escaped his lips as he took a few steps forward. He rested one hand on his sheathed katana. "We should get started, no?" Miyoko looked back, returning Aiya’s smile and nodding at Date.

Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Orikanyo Orikanyo IG42 IG42

Last edited:
Izumi Takahashi and Satoshi Sato
Collab with Ganryu Ganryu

As the night breeze blew past the encampment, an older samurai than the rest sighed. Few veterans seemed to be in the Emperor’s army. Idealism was for the young afterall. And speaking of young…

He stared down a black haired female samurai with an odachi’s sheath. She was a third of his age.

“So we’re doing this. Really? You can’t just trust an old man can you…? How many times do I have to beat this into your head…? You know I don’t have much grit left in these old bones, but on this, I’m not budging.”

The younger samurai scoffed, “And you just can’t trust your juniors, can you?” She pulled her sheathed sword from her back, holding it at her hip. “You of all people should know I don’t back down.”

“Don’t I? Ugh… such a pain… Temper yourself, or you’ll get us all killed. But one chance, one chance to prove me wrong.”

Groaning, the older man held his wrist to his forehead, half collapsing with his whine. Another breeze blew by, and suddenly his body standing change. His stance widened as his eyes narrowed, focusing completely on the young swordswoman in front of him. He inched one knee closer while one hand found its way to his sword’s sheath. The other to its hilt.

The wind started to die down, a nearby chime jingling back and forth. As it hit the center in its jump, he vanished, an arc of sparks dancing as his sword drew.

“So, that’s how it’s going to be then?” She shook her head, “infuriating old man…” As his stance and demeanor shifted, so did hers. An unwavering, steely gaze meeting his own as her fingers curled around the hilt of her sword.

In the span of a heartbeat, she lunged as well. As her own weapon slid free of its sheath, a stream of water trailed after the blade and shimmered in the moonlight.

Both bright embers and glistening water fell from two cresents, the sound of two blades smashing into something hard shaking the leaves nearby ever so slightly.

Another breeze passed by in quiet, following the decisive cuts.

Satoshi sighed, sheathing his blade.

“Ugh… really? You idiot.”

He turned before grabbing his apprentice by the hair, and practically holding her against a giant outcrop of rock, a map carved into it, with two added lines, one slightly wet, one glowing slightly. Paths of attacks. He held her against the wet line.

“The Uchiha have the sharingan! That’s like automatic night vision! Attacking from the trees at night is NOT a good strategy!”

“Ack!” Izumi had barely sheathed her own blade before being yanked over to the carved map. She flailed for a moment before finally pulling free and jabbing her finger at the glowing line. “They’re also all about fire release, going up the river is just asking to get turned into shabu-shabu!”

“If we go by night, yes! But if we go by day, their eyes aren’t always an advantage. They catch every single detail. Like for instance, the sun reflecting on the water. It will mess with them big time, and give us time to get our siege equipment in place. Our archers can hold them off while theirs will be too bothered. If you want to know how I know sun’s bad for them…”

Satoshi drew his blade, and ran it across the back of his hand twice, a small rock attached to his wrappings causing a shower of bright sparks in the night.

“So that is why if I were commander, I would choose that route. Know your enemy, not every tactic will work against every enemy.”

Sighing he put his hands behind his head, and slumped against the map.

“I’m not the commander here though, and who knows what they’ll come up with. Doesn’t really bother me either. This whole fight is your idea. Just don’t die, don’t want to feel I’m wasting my time teaching…”

“An idea you didn’t even try to talk me out of,” Izumi countered, flopping onto the stone beside him. She rubbed her eyes, still seeing spots from the bright sparks of a moment ago. She swore they were brighter than the ones his sheath threw during a draw. She smirked, nudging him with her elbow, “so if we win here . . . that mean you’re gonna quit complaining throughout every single lesson?”

“Hehehehe.” Satoshi grew a far gentler smile, before raising his hand, and flicking Izumi in the head. “Nope, because that means it’s working. I don’t bother being strict with the rest.

I’m old Izumi. For a samurai at least. I’ve seen a lot of fighting. But a fight to end fighting, I don’t think I could argue with it. It seems worth it to try at least.”

He scratched his chin looking away. “So, you do, sometimes, have good ideas. And this might be one of them. Or we both die horrible and no one notices, either way, what do we have to lose?”

“Heh,” Izumi rubbed her head with a chuckle, “I don’t know, I think you’re just old in general.” For a brief moment, she seemed to beam at the praise before turning to look out towards the stronghold, a more somber expression creeping in. This was her first actual battle since joining the Imperial Army.

Actually, it was her first real battle period. The fact there was a very real possibility she’d die right out of the gate was one she’d been trying to ignore ever since they were given the orders to march.

“Hehe. Like I said, don’t die, bright eyes.” Satoshi ruffled her hair, before walking off to his tent, a solemn look in his eyes. He HAD been in real battles before...

“Indeed we need to comm-“ Date was cut off by a dimensional shimmer opening right in front of their position.

Date didn’t have time to speak as he took evasive maneuvers for a barrage of flames that came seemingly out of nowhere. The dimensional shimmer deposited at first one young man with black hair and the Uchiha Sharingan active. He vanished just as he exited the shimmer reappearing in front of Date. Date performed an iaido style draw to deflect the blade of his attacker. His attacker seemingly teleported behind him and Date just in time managed to parry his blade.

An army of samurai began to rush out of the dimensional shimmer. It was the Uchiha and their subordinate forces. The Uchiha had gone with a counterattack that utilitizes this dimensional shimmer to transport their forces or maybe it is some kind of visual illusion or genjutsu. The Imperial Army forces in the immediate area had no choice but scatter while the rest catch on to enemy’s plan. The Imperial Army siege forces need to consolidate their forces to face the Uchiha army here.

KageYuuki KageYuuki shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Japanime Japanime

"Look out!" Kyoka heard Hayai yell. Next thing she knew, her butt was on the ground. Hayai tucked himself into his shell, shielding Kyoka from the barrage of flames. She watched as her sensei nimbly dodged the flames.

They were under attack.

"Wind Blade: Quick-Slash!" Aiya quickly drew her katana to parry, making a slash of wind. She grabbed the war fan from her back. In one smooth motion, she opened it and swung it down. "Great Wind: Protective Wall!" She created a strong, wall-like gust of wind; strong enough to push the Uchiha back and at least buy a few seconds to regroup.

Katana in hand, Kyoka stood and stayed close to Aiya. The dog sized tortoise dashed behind them, ready to use his shell if they needed protection.

"Date, Miyoko; you two alright?" Aiya asked.

Interacted: Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire Japanime Japanime
KageYuuki KageYuuki Ganryu Ganryu

EEIAp3QUEAEg4g9
In an instant they were under attack. Miyoko was able to catch a brief glimpse of the enemy before he begin feeling the heat of the violent Uchiha flames. "Ggh!" With little time to react, he quickly flipped back, successfully evading the flames. Using the time he had he caught his breath and accessed the situation completely. "I'm fine." A blood red crimson filled his eyes. With as minimal effort as possible, Miyoko dodged some shuriken thrown at him from an enemy. "Hmph." The grip on the hilt of his katana tightened. Within an instant, Miyoko had completely closed the distance between him and his opponent and slashed their stomach open in one hefty swing. After, he performed a swift cutting motion at the air, sending the blood off his blade flying to the dirt before sheathing his blade. "I didn't even need the Sharingan to dodge those." The red in his eyes was gone. In reality he didn't want to waste the Sharingan. At least not so early.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire KageYuuki KageYuuki Ganryu Ganryu

1615916611310.png
"Huh. So they choose to counterattack. Not a bad plan. You never want to fight IN your city afterall." Satoshi yawned as he got dressed from his tent, brushing it aside to the cacophony of screams and battle.

He blinked dully. Same shit, different day. "A fight to end all fights, huh... Looks just like a fight to me." He scanned the area for his apprentice. Priority for him wasn't to win the battle, it was to have a pupil survive.

Looking around, he spotted one samurai fighting a bunch of Uchiha, mentioning he didn't need his own sharingan. Satoshi rolled his eyes. "Either found the traitor... Now, who's he a traitor to? Either way, don't envy his position."

The fighting was growing more intense, Satoshi walked away from it, surveying the carnage, not even drawing his weapon as he mulled his stubble again and again, avoiding fighting, and flickering away from enemy and hellfire.

Fire release. Uchiha, it was to be expected. But how did the rest of their forces get here. It was too heavy for a simple skirmish ambush. Rubbing his chin, he saw the shimmer, and more forces pull out of it. He nodded.

"Bright eyes!" He called out. Izumi knew who she was.

"Anyone else who wants to learn a thing or two about war, come with us.
I see an open invitation. I thought their walls were going to be difficult to penetrate, but the welcome mat's right there. We don't have to fight our way inside. On the count of three, dive through that portal, run ahead of me. I'll follow behind you!"

He finally drew his blade in a brilliant display o sparks, finally getting attention towards him. "3..." Several blades pointed at him. "2..." They charged. "1..." They held their blades up mid slash.

Amaratsu's Gaze

Saito quickly ran his blade across his wrist twice, a blinding flash of sparks harming the worst of the Uchiha, while distracting the laymen, and giving his comrades a chance to enter the portal unobstructed if they were fast.

The blades around him would meet no body as Satoshi rolled forward, sheathing his blade and sprinting for the portal himself, chuckling as he did so.

A few of them were about to have fun in the enemies home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back