• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Jonin, Chunin or Genin?

• Total voters

BeyondDandy

Dandy Connoisseur
Roleplay Type(s)
Looking to collaborate with other Naruto fans in hopes of creating a fun and active roleplay. I would like to base this in the Naruto world, but explore the story from our own created characters - so this is primarily an alternate universe where none of the original cast exist. As collaborators we will all have a say in creating the history of the world from scratch - following the guidance of the Naruto fandom, but touching on most details from a personal creative standpoint.

I expect this roleplay to be a casual one where there aren’t necessarily any post rules or regulations, but I’d like to see a minimum of two paragraphs (10 sentences) per post. From a storytelling perspective, I am leaning towards the idea of a team of Chunin/Jounin tasked with their first S-Rank mission or something like that. They are tasked with investigating an unknown group of ninja who are going around killing important officials or simply something to get the roleplay started.

Another option would be to start as Genin like most Naruto roleplays are known to do and see where that gets us.

Everything is up in the air right now however and I am open to all ideas. This is why I ask for your help and expertise. If you’re interested in helping I’d love to have you on board. Thanks, please comment below and let’s get brainstorming!

I’m down for this! Though I’d prefer to start with genin, I’m not totally opposed to more advanced ranks

holdenjc holdenjc , jrink jrink , Tsumugi Emi Tsumugi Emi , Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Thank you guys for expressing interest and your willingness to help create this with me. I will hopefully get a discord server online soon for us to communicate a little easier. In the meantime, I’d like for you guys to vote in the poll above to get feedback on what rank you’d like our characters to start off as. Jounin, Chunin and Genin are your choices.

As far as starting this roleplay, have you guys been a part of Naruto roleplays in the past? What worked? What didn’t? How do you envision our story beginning?

I know there isn’t a lot of background right now, but (if you guys are anything like me) you probably already have an original character in mind. How would you start this roleplay if the entire story revolved around YOUR character?

I would also love to hear about your OCs and what you have in mind as far as that goes - if you’ve thought of one already. I’d like for our characters to belong to the Hidden Leaf, but am definitely willing to explore if y’all think otherwise.

holdenjc holdenjc , jrink jrink , Tsumugi Emi Tsumugi Emi , Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Thank you guys for expressing interest and your willingness to help create this with me. I will hopefully get a discord server online soon for us to communicate a little easier. In the meantime, I’d like for you guys to vote in the poll above to get feedback on what rank you’d like our characters to start off as. Jounin, Chunin and Genin are your choices.

As far as starting this roleplay, have you guys been a part of Naruto roleplays in the past? What worked? What didn’t? How do you envision our story beginning?

I know there isn’t a lot of background right now, but (if you guys are anything like me) you probably already have an original character in mind. How would you start this roleplay if the entire story revolved around YOUR character?

I would also love to hear about your OCs and what you have in mind as far as that goes - if you’ve thought of one already. I’d like for our characters to belong to the Hidden Leaf, but am definitely willing to explore if y’all think otherwise.
I've been in a few in the past. I'd say what didn't work is a set plot. I think even a small scale plot just for the beginning would keep things moving!

As for my character, as an Uchiha simp, I'm making one (don't worry, I promise not to make him OP. He doesn't even have his Sharingan yet.) If it were to revolve around him, it would be about his dual loyalties to his clan and the village. He's desperate for both the respect of the village and his father, and he often finds it hard to get both. The main conflict would be a sect of Uchiha extremists bent on starting another Shinobi World War so that they once again have a place in the village.

Sorry if that's meh! I'm exhausted at the moment and this is what regurgitated out from my brain, hehe

Definitely interested! A team of jonin sounds really exciting imo

correct. i did watch the anime a while ago, but i remember only certain events and some styles.
Understandable. Now would be a good time as any to delve abit deeper for the roleplay whenever it starts. Assuming you havent touched Shippuden yet

Understandable. Now would be a good time as any to delve abit deeper for the roleplay whenever it starts. Assuming you havent touched Shippuden yet
that is a good point. i only recently (a week or so ago) decided to finally revisit naruto, this time starting with the manga, so in any case i will be making good progress through the volumes.

I mean this is supposed to take place in a separate au where the original cast doesn’t exist so 👁 👁 the story could be completely different depending on us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back