• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: Lull and Maelstrom

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
~Naruto: Lull and Maelstrom~
1574140492852.png

In a small wooden shack attached to the side of a cliff sat a private meeting room. The shack shook and creaked along, but had been steady for years, not yet falling. And even if it did, it was filled with the best of the best of the Hidden Whirlpool village, the jonin council. In the middle sat a rather young looking man with crimson red hair, and a red mask over his mouth and nose. He seemed distracted over a piece of paper, before shaking his head. He finally held up a hand to speak.

“Now…. I’m sure you’ve all guessed why I’ve gathered you. Mist and Leaf are at eachother’s throat. This evening Kishi here returned with evidence of a scuffled between the two in the Land of Waves. Kishi?”

A gentleman stepped forward, who despite the solemn meeting had a pleasant smile on his face, his expression seldom changing from the gentle face. His hair was white and tied into a pony tail by an elegant blue bow, and he wore a suit rather than the jonin vest. Bowing, he answered.

“Why, most certainly.”

Pulling out a scroll, he deposited a pile of three corpses on the table, both Hidden Mist and Hidden Leaf headbands on them.

Kenshin sighed.

“I’d really like to avoid war...and that’s why I’ve set up what I think is a clever solution. We’re hosting the chunnin exams this year. I’ve already met with both the Mizu and Hokage. They’re coming. They’re probably going to try looting us, but that gives us time to prepare, they won’t dare move openly against each other with this on the line.

If we perform well enough in the exam, they might just be afraid of us being caught in the crossfire. We NEED this to happen. There… is a bit of a problem of us not having any genin… but the academy is looking promising. Makato, your last batch… turned out okay, are you prepared to teach again?”

He gave a suspiciously worried look at Miyako, a young jonin in the room, as he said that.

A man nodded, with dark wild hair and more than his share of scars, he was the oldest looking of those gathered. “This could certainly be our best chance of averting the next Great War.” Makoto hesitated for a brief moment, “Though, if I may Lord Kenshin, this leaves us little time to prepare these genin to compete against the other villages.”

Kenshin raised an eyebrow.

“What about you, Miyako, do you think you’d have trouble raising a few students? It seems it’s a bit much on your old sensei”

He gave a small little smile, knowing exactly what he was doing.

“Huh?” Miyako’s face shot up suddenly from where it had been positioned, over one of the dead hidden leaf jonin as she poked him curiously in the cheek, “Oh yeah totally! What are we talking about again?”

Makoto just sighed, pulling a cigarette from a small metal case and lighting it.

Kenshin sighed.

“I really want to be more amused… figured start a fight with the youngsters… all that. Miyako, you’re training a team. So is your sensei. And Kishi here.”

The gentleman bowed simply behind Kenshin.

“I need you to do the impossible, raise them to chunnin level. Dominate the exam coming up. Failure is not an option, don’t test them. How about this… whichever sensei manages to raise the winner of the chunnin exams, gets a pass to the hotspring village.

Oh, other side note concerning that… and while I have some of your short attention spans. We need to start preparing the exams themselves. Do not help your students know what’s coming.

Kishi, prepare the intelligence portion. Miyako, you’re in charge of the survival section. Makoto, you’re overseeing combat. We need to weed out as many other villages as possible so they don’t think we’re pampering. You have 6 months to come up with something. Got it?”

“Oh! Ohh Yes!” Miyako said, brightening up immediately and pumping her fist under the table. This was exactly what she had been waiting for since becoming a jonin! The perfect chance to prove how capable and mature she was! What was more mature than raising up a squad of little minions? “I will NOT let you down chief I have been preparing for this day! I already have some awesome team code names that I can run by you after the meeting. If it’s alright with everybody I’d like to go ahead and reserve wolverines as like a theme? Though I do have some back up ideas that-”

Makoto swatted his former student on the back of the head. “What’d we say about code names?”

Behind them a puff could be heard as Kishi restored the bodies, tidying up the table in the small shack, before gathering up a folder, flipping through it.

“Besides which, if you need more than one code name, you haven’t settled on one. I reserve the Hitodama, or Will-o-wisps. Ah, let’s see who I’m to instruct. Here are your folders as well, Madam ‘Super Dynamic Ultra Wolverine Force Go?’”

Kishi said with a slight sarcastic tone, guessing a name.

“And Sir Brute Force.”

And a folder to Makoto.

“It seems yours is awaiting a third. Some academy trouble. I’m sure it’ll clear up.”

“Hey that’s not-” Miyako frowned and tapped a seal inscribed on the bandages around her wrists, producing a notepad in a small puff of smoke that she flipped through with a furrowed brow. “Well okay it is in there but it was only like my fifth choice! Besides I’m sure the kids’ll think its a cool name!” Miyako said, sulkily snatching the folder from Kishi and opening it to scan the contents, her expression changing once again as she did so.

“Lemme see...Kokoro Nagaraka, Yukari Hara, Jun Uzumaki- aww I get all the important little clan sproglings! I’ll take good care of ‘em don’t worry! Especially yours boss! I’m sure we’ll be best buds in no time!”

Makoto shrugged, “Some people have a natural inclination for genjutsu’s subtleties. I’m just not one of them.” He flipped open the folder to skim the names listed, he’d give their files a more proper look once their meeting had ended. “Mitsunari Takeda and Ryuuka Tagamatsu, then? Hopefully they get the last genin sorted out quickly.” They had a lot of work to do and not nearly enough time to do it. The genin couldn’t afford to be hung up in academy errors. He didn’t particularly want to ask this question, but… “Should I assume we’re dropping them straight into C Rank missions as well?”

Kenshin nodded.

“And above. It’s up to your discretion as far as the absolute limit of their ability. Stretch it. Don’t let them die. Don’t nanny them. Death’s door should be an average evening for them. Speaking of which, I do have a few missions to start us off.”

A few sheets came out.

“Makato, there’s been an abnormally large bear hunting hunters in an island forest to the north. They can’t get to it without getting attacked. Clear it. Or rather, have your genin clear it, and bail them out before they end up in the hospital.

Miyako, there’s been a tribe of bandits attacking a river pass to our West. I have a message that needs delivering to a friend out there. While we could eliminate the bandits, we have no idea of their strength or number. It would be advantageous to sneak past.

Kishi, there’s a haunted house your genin will clear. How haunted it is I have no idea. Good luck. Figure the ‘will-o-wisp’ of the Hidden Whirlpool is a good match for it."

~Mitsunari Takeda~
-Team Makato-

1574261327782.png

What sounded like a girl screaming echo'd through the small island forest.

"I did not, did not, did not sign up for this! Shoo bear shoo! EYEEEE!"

A cloak billowed behind the shinobi like a flame, fluttering like a flame behind him. And behind that, a massive bear that was 6 feet fall while on four legs, growling and snarling as it gave full chase in the forest. His two teammates were nearby, their situation not too much better. For all three of them, it was their first mission as a team. And an unforgettable one it was! Why wasn't the buff dude that was their sensei helping out!? He looked like he could wrestle this bear, and probably win too.

"Swordsman! Crazy kung fu chick, do something! The great Takeda name won't be sullied like this... and I need... I need to catch my breath!"

Mitsunari suddenly tripped over a root, being sent sprawling through underbrush and shrubbery. Quickly thinking, he funneled chakra through his cloak.

Cloak of Invisibility

Also known as the:

This is not my problem jutsu!

He watched as the bear continued its rampage, hoping it didn't bother to try and sniff him out. Or step on him. Or come near him. If it'd go start mauling someone else, preferably Sensei, that'd be greeeeeat

Miyako Fujihara

Team Miyako

"Okay let's go over this one more time, cause I feel like you guys aren't totally onboard yet," Miyako Fujihara said, asjusting her absurdly long, false beard and then retruning her hands to the oars of the modest little boat she was piloting down the river with three genin sitting on the other side to balance her out. "I'm gonna be 'Masayuki Noburohige, a wealthy ship captain whose crew mutinied against him at the urgings of my second mate, Genichiro Hogorohoshi, who lusted after my loyal, but totally bangin' wife back at home. I survived the mutiny thanks to a fortuitously timed storm that threw me overboard and I was picked out of the sea by pirates. and forced to join their crew. I eventually rose up through the ranks and became known as the dread corsair the 'Sea Devil' and eventually amassed enough followers to launch an assault on my former ship, where that dastard Hogorohoshi was holding my wife and child captive. After a fierce battle I sent Hogorohoshi to a watery grave, may ocean leeches nibble his bones! But alas my wife and child went down with the ship. Now a broken and alone shell of my former self, I retired to the rivers where I make a humble living as a fisherman, occasionally swapping my woeful tale for a cup of sake," Miyako finally paused to take a long breath and then looked expectantly at the three genin sharing her craft, then she mad an "ahh"

"Oh right, so while I'm explaining all that to the bandits watching the river, distracting them with my awesome backstory, you guys will be hiding under the boat. At some point during the conversation I will subtly cause a disturbance and that'll be your signal to make a break for it! Your job is to deliver this sealed message," Miyako tapped a symbol on the bandages around her wrist and produce a tightly wrapped little scroll "to the village on the other side of the bandit encampment that currently controls this river.. While I'm distracting them you guys will swim as far as you can underwater and then stealthily continue on to the village. I'll catch up with you after I ditch the bandits aaaaand then pizza! My treat, I have a coupon!"

KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo Serei2477 Serei2477

Ryuuka Tagamatsu

Team Makoto

And to think the day had started so well.

It had been a beautiful morning, Gramps had cooked her her favorite breakfast (Waffles with berry syrup) and Ryuuka had been genuinely excited to meet and get to know her new team mates. And now she was being chased by a six foot tall bear. It wasn't even noon yet but sometimes that's just how your day goes. Fortunately one thing Gramps had never gone easy on her with was good old fashioned cardio so Ryuuka was able to maintain a comfortable lead over the slathering creature even as Mitsunari tripped and fell. Ryuuka had pivoted on the tip of one foot to try and haul him back up to his feet but he looked to have sorted himself out with an invisibility cloak so Ryuuka carried the pivot through into an awkward pirouette, flailing her arms for balance as she spun and then stumbled back into the stride of her sprint.

"OKAY SO! FIRST OFF THERE IS NOTHING CRAZY ABOUT ME OR MY TAIJUTSU WHICH IS NOT KUNG FU BY THE WAY! THAT IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT STYLE. SEC- Kyaaa!" The bear roared and Ryuuka yelped and sped up, gaining a few more paces. "SECOND OF ALL Ahhhhhh I WANNA SAYYYY TAKATO? I THINK WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO SPLIT UP! WHICHEVER ONE OF US THE BEAR CHASES WILL LOOP IT BACK AROUND TO THE OTHER PERSON WHO WILL PREPARE SOME KINDA SUPER AWESOME BEAR SLAYING SUPER MOVE! SOUND GOOD!? OKAY ON 3, READY..."

"3!!"

Ganryu Ganryu KageYuuki KageYuuki JustJazzy JustJazzy

Kokoro

Yea know those moments you have, where you look back at all the desicions you made in your life.

The good ones.

The bad ones.

The ones you'd rather forget.

The ones you never want to forget.

Its akin to having your life flash before your eyes but the end result is usually alot of shame. For Kokoro though, it was also a reminder to all the times he thought of his betters as being cool. Yes some were cooler than others, hell even his dad was numbering in that capacit, but nothing in this world, nothing;

Could have prepared him for this.

Staring the woman dead in the eyes for a solid second, the young boy took in a deep breath, and then beamed a smile that would blind you if you stared long enough.

"Okay sensei!! That sounds super duper cool!" This in no way was gonna work "Lets do our best guys! We can do it" They were gonna fail a fail horribly. " But sensei!! One thingiee tho! Scrolls are paper yea? Wont they be ruined underwater?"

When he woke up this morning he wasn't expecting to see a stupid disguise with a three page backstory, so, best make sure they cover the bases here.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Serei2477 Serei2477 KageYuuki KageYuuki

Takeshi Miura
A girlish shriek resounded in Takeshi's ears as he hurried along the forest floor, heart thumping with the general fear and excitement this first mission provoked. Getting chased down by a humongous bear hadn't exactly sounded like his cup of tea the hour previous when sensei had explained the mission, just after introductions. Even then he'd itched to make some sort of comment about how unqualified they were currently. After all, they were fresh out of the academy, barely even knew each others names. How could they be expected to work in a team?

Misplaced faith and all, Take couldn't help but hope their sensei was somewhere nearby, close enough to intervene should one of them get too close to the bear's bad side. Just then, one of his teammates - Mitsunari - went down with an audible crash, Take glancing behind himself briefly to make sure the guy was okay. Mitsunari was smart enough to react quickly, quickly obscuring himself from the bear's view, so he was fine. Probably.

... and those few minutes of concern had costed Take part of his lead - suddenly the bear's snarls were louder and the forest floor seemed to shake with every step. He sped up, trying to ignore how fast his heart was thumping now.

Ryuuka called out a plan from beside him and Take mentally rolled his eyes at the literal slaughtering of his name. Oh well, that could be addressed at a less dramatic time. She didn't really give him much of a choice where her plan was concerned, counting down with seconds of the proposal before launching herself in the opposite direction.

Takeshi decided to go along with it, though considering his luck it was apparent to him who the bear would follow after.

Or... Maybe not.

The bear slid into a turn hindered in part by the speed with which it was going, following closely behind Ryuuka.

Take took that moment to do something he would later think was stupid and entirely too spontaneous. Drawing his tanto and verifying that it was coated with a good amount of poison, he surged forward, etching out a quick two lines along the bear's butt. The creature let out another practically deafening roar as it turned abruptly, identifying him rather quickly as the butt-target.

"Yea, uh - come and get me."

Take bravely tried to make eye contact as the bear put on a burst of irritated speed. Swiping at him with a raised paw as it drew closer, closer - Okay Take couldn't actually commit to trying a genjutsu, hurriedly replacing himself with a nearby rock. The bear ambled right into the rock, crashing nearly head first if it weren't for the paw shielding its face. If anything, that bit of pain seemed to annoy the hulking figure even further as it honed on to Take again, the boy this time taking the time to run for his life.

"Sensei, think we might be little over our head's with this one!"

~Mitsunari Takeda~
Team Makoto

1574486306969.png

Mitsunari breathed a sigh of relief. He was safe! Whoo... it was everyone else's problem.

Except...

Damnit!

He couldn't be the brave heroic Takeda like this! He gulped as the swordsman held off the beast. 'Held off' being a relative term. Crazy 'not kung fu' chick broke off. The smart move. Mitsunari moved his now camoflauged cloak aside, its colors returning to normal as he undid the invisibility cloak jutsu.

"LET ME SHOW YOU HOW THE TAKEDA DO IT!

And he jumped, a kunai in one hand, and his bare hand in the other, leaping onto the back of the great beast, trying to dig a rusty kunai into its fur. It... didn't get very far.

It also left Mitsunari hanging from the back of the beast in a rodeo style as it bucked. He didn't even break the damn things skin!

"Uh... nice bear? OH DEAR HEAVENS NO!"

It took everything Mitsunari had to hold on, adrenaline rooting him in place as the bear roared. He gripped his arms together in a handsign... and a message resounded in his sensei's head.

Buff sensei! HEEEEELP!

"Totally got this guys! Totally got this! A-a bear like this is just lite training for the heir to the TakedAAAAAAH!"

His cape flung side to side like it was attached to a rag doll...."

Jun Uzumaki
Team Miyako

Jun had been wearing a nonplussed expression since they'd met their new sensei that morning, it only varied in intensity at any given point. And right now? She was making little effort to hide it. The redhead blinked once. Twice. A third time even as Miyako went on with her 'grand plan'. "You've changed your cover name three times now..." There was no way Miyako was a jounin, let alone an actual sensei. This had to be some kind of trick from Kenshin, or maybe even punishment. It wouldn't have surprised Jun in the slightest if Kokoro had done something to piss off the village's leader.

But why drag her into it?

Speaking of, Kokoro loudly expressed his agreement in the whole plan before questioning if the scroll would survive the swim. Jun pinched the bridge of her nose for a second. Of course he'd agree with this nonsense. As for the missive... most tags and scrolls used by shinobi were made from paper that wouldn't fall apart on contact with water. Chances were pretty high that the scroll they needed to deliver was made from the same paper. Though considering the 'sensei' the trio had been given, Jun wouldn't be surprised they were given something that would just disintegrate if it got wet.

"This uh... 'plan' of yours would probably work better if you could keep your own story straight. Or used a transformation jutsu instead of an obviously fake beard on a woman."

Makoto Takenaka

It was a beautiful morning, pleasantly warm with the songs of birds drifting through the air. And shrill, panicked screams of genin drowned out by the roars of a now very angry bear. That too. A lone figure perched in the treetops, watching the sheer chaos unfold below him. They had plenty of time to come up with a plan, any plan, before waking the beast they'd been sent to subdue. Instead, someone decided to jump straight to waking the massive creature up. A plume of smoke left Makoto's lips as he sighed. This was... going about as well as he expected, in all honesty.

At least they were proving to be decent runners, silver lining, right?

Or Mitsunari could bite it and disappear in the underbrush. Was likely luck that kept him from being stepped on. Takeshi quickly became the next target of the bear's ire but managed a few light cuts. He wasn't experienced enough to be handling poisons that would be fatal in such a small amount, but it could start to push things in their favor.

"Sensei, think we might be little over our heads with this one!"

Makoto sighed again, it was hard not to just swoop in and clean this mess up before someone got hurt. They were definitely in over their heads. but Kenshin had been clear on not babying them. The genin may not have been given a traditional genin test, this was their trial instead. "A trial by fire for them," the jounin quietly mused, "Er, bear."

Buff sensei! HEEEEELP!

The mental cry for help came next, allowing Mitsunari to continue his brave front. The kid really did remind Makoto of himself at that age. "You inherited Yukimura's lightning release, didn't you? Maybe it was time for a nudge in the right direction. Lightning release can make muscles contract, give your teammates an opening.

Makoto stood, looking over the scene quickly. "Takeshi, Ryuuka, you need to attack together. Take advantage of the speed from a bodyflicker."

Ganryu Ganryu JustJazzy JustJazzy AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Mitsunari Takeda
Team Makoto

Mitsunari was holding for dear life against a swaying angry bear as he heard the voice in his head, slipping down several inches as he panicked at the voice, forgetting it was two ways. His arms hurt! He wasn't built for this! He was a mental ninja! Why'd he agreed to the mission? Why couldn't buff sensei just truck this bear and they'd call it a day? This thing had killed people! The hell was Mitsunari doing on its back!?

But at the mention of the name 'Yukimura', his eyes narrowed. Pulling up against the bear with more strength then he knew he had, he put his hands together, and managed a handsign, before slipping. As he reached up, and slammed his palm onto the back of the bear's head.

Lightning Release: Failed Negotiations!

Sparks of electricity shot from his palm into the bear, making it convulse, and jump back slightly from its agression, its body shaking.

Mitsunari? Well... he believed the word 'yeeted' would be appropriate as the thrashing bear managed to fling him over the brush and into the distance.

It being Mitsunari, he still screamed, "FOR THE TAKEDAAAAAAAaaaaa!" as he flew.

The bear shaking stood on its hind legs and its head reared back.

Kishi Kumo, The Will-o-Wisp
1575431644845.png

cinnabuns cinnabuns CactusJuice CactusJuice

Inside the basement of the haunted mansion, a single light showed the progress of the new team Kishi. The jonin had sent stylized notes to each of their houses telling them where to meet, written in fancy cursive writing, and delivered first thing in the morning as dawn broke. Bright and annoyingly early was Kishi's motto. He had hand-delivered them but had feigned just being a deliveryman.

The mansion itself was both falling apart and massive. And above all, dark. Inside, though bright as day outside, seemed to be black as night inside, which added to the creepy atmosphere. Not that Kishi seemed to miss a beat. Flickering lights would illuminate the duo of genin as the pale man took front, holding a flickering flame infront in the palm of his hand, and his other hand neatly tucked behind his back in a professional-looking pose. His posture, his hair, his voice, it all seemed perfect. Sadly, the voice part seemed unending.

"I'm so proud of the two of you making it this far as genin. This is the first step in a long journey. Success as a ninja is hard to find, but rewarding, in the simple things we do. When I was your age, I was rather pathetic as a ninja, so indecisive at that age. I will help you with every ounce of my will power. Now, I'm not particularly powerful, or flashy, but, well, I believe even the roughest diamond can be polished with effort and time. Téa, Taro, let's polish your skills as we walk forward toget-oh, it seems we have a ghost."

Calm as could be, Kishi stepped to the side as a spectral being lunged where he had been, and through a wall. It was only vaguely human anymore, half-transparent, and seemingly melting from every orifice with a bluish tint, it no longer had legs, only a wispy tail, and chains that dragged through the walls, becoming intangible.

"Huh. And I hadn't believed they existed for real, forgive me, specter, fo-"

The ghost lunged again through the wall, for Kishi to simply sidestep again.

"Now, that is just rude. Taro, I do believe he was looking at you."

Tired of aiming for the jonin, the specter turned and tried a lunge at the genin. It was predictable but fast. The ghost was incorporeal and would pass through whatever it touched, but siphoned heat with each pass. The room seemed colder for its presence. It occasionally struggled against its chains, seemingly pulled towards them at odd twitches.

"Now, I've been forbidden of interfering, and I believe the village leader's words were 'don't nanny them'. I believe I'll give a small hint though. What's going on, and what's causing it. Every jutsu has a weakness, and a ninja sees under the underneath. Now... what the blazes is this specter? Oh, forgive me, that last part was me talking to myself..."

The chained specter gave an unearthly wail.

"Téa, what do you believe we should do?"

tumblr_lvv8apR4ed1qhcdd7o1_500.png

~ Téa Suzuna ~
Ganryu Ganryu , CactusJuice CactusJuice

Téa wiped at her eyes with a small yawn, trying to smile at her new sensei, regardless of how tired she felt.

It was exciting to be out of the Academy and to finally be able to have her own sensei, and her own partner. She'd had to wake up early regardless of what Kishi-sensei had asked of her, due to her chores. While her mother and father were out, already helping her grandmother as they usually did, Téa was given the morning job of getting her siblings' food ready for the day. The siblings took care of one another while their elders were busy helping the rest of the village and did their rounds. So while Téa was making the food, her younger brother was making sure their younger siblings had brushed their teeth, put on the right clothes, and had their hair fixed properly.

They came downstairs in a line, all as tired as she was, but perked up when they saw their older sister. Suddenly they surrounded her and all tried to get a hug before they had to run out the door with their bento boxes. Téa enjoyed the silence that came after they left for a moment before she herself had to head out; but she noticed her bento box was already prepared. Which sibling had taken care of this when she wasn't looking? Nevertheless, Téa's heart warmed as she stuffed the box into her bag and continued on her way to where her new sensei had asked for them to meet. The card he'd sent was so nice.

So man, Téa was really surprised they were meeting in the basement of a haunted mansion.

As Kishi-sensei went on about how proud he was for them to have gotten this far, Téa took a moment to glance at her genin partner. She'd never spent much time with Taro in the time they spent at the Academy. It would be good to get to know him better while they were here. Téa looked back to Kishi and saw the ghost, both of her eyebrows raising in response as it swiped at Kishi once, then twice. Then, it tried to swipe at Taro. What was wrong with it?

"Téa, what do you believe we should do?"

Téa chewed on the inside of her cheek. Every jutsu had a weakness? Seeing under the underneath. Okay...maybe she needed to see better.

"Let's try looking at the situation with a different perspective."

Téa closed her eyes before making a few hand signs the two could recognize before her eyes opened again, activating her Healer's Eyes. Maybe this could help her see what Kishi was talking about?

Miyako Fujihara
"Kids those are great questions, really insightful," Miyako said hurriedly, nodding with an encouraging smile. "Buuut the bandit camp is just round that bend so we'll kinda have to play it by ear, take a deep breath now and try to stay right under the boat until we stop moving" said the jonin, suddenly lunging forwards and pushing the children out of the boat and into the cold river water along with the hopefully water proof scroll.

As soon as the genin were submerged Miyako busied herself putting the finishing touches on her act, shrugging on a grubby coat and a straw hat, adjusting her false beard, adding an exaggerated stoop to her posture and whistling the only three bars of an old sea shanty she had managed to memorize. And in that fashion Miyako leisurely rowed the little boat around the corner, directly into a makeshift checkpoint the bandits had set up.

KageYuuki KageYuuki
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Serei2477 Serei2477

Team Miyako
The Bandits

"Stop."

It hadn't taken long to find the bandits, an entire camp built over the river, a small bridge connecting both banks. Two particular bandits used long poles to catch the boat. The one who was speaking had a bald head and was covered in a scars, and eyepatch above a particularly deep one.

"See, this river here is ours, and we can't let you through less you pay a toll. Hehehe. Now, we're charitable. We like to think of it as an income driven prices. That little dressup must mean you're in theatre. I always wanted to enjoy the theme and fortune of theatre! The Fame! The fortune! I can respect that. So... 5000 Ryo, and you're on your way."

The woman on the other side holding the pole grunted. She looked more like an ogre than a human. Definitely not a woman for her looks.

"Wha? Come on Ryu, thought the boss said 10,000?"

"I like the arts, what can I say. @#$# the boss."

The camp was full of bandits, hauling treasure and merchant carts and old boats through it, it looked like they were enjoying some success. A rather odd sight might get attention of two bandits literally hauling a chest over water... by walking on it.

All together there were only about a dozen at the ford.

Takeshi Miura
Takeshi's own frantic breaths resounded in his ears as he hurried across the forest floor, focusing on putting as much distance as he could between himself and the bear he seemed to have pissed off, even more then before if that was possible. Wondering where his other teammates were wasn't really helping his nerves; Takeshi tried to focus on something a tad bit more positive, like what he could have for lunch later on. The bear let out another roar and he quickly scraped that particular thought, - didn’t want to give the bear any ideas.

It took Takeshi a couple of seconds to realize the sounds of the bears paws making impact on the forest floor were no longer close behind him, the bear had... lost interest? Curiously shuffling forward in the opposite direction, Takeshi took in the bear and - was that Mitsunari on its back?

A mix of confusion and concern settling over his features, Takeshi put himself behind a tree, for once at a loss. Sensei's voice rang out abruptly, Takeshi's head swiveling in the direction of the disturbance as he considered the advice. Before he could make any moves, the bear moved into a series of convulsions, Mitsunari being swung off in the same instant.

The bear fell then, a thud accompanying its movement, and Takeshi found himself inching forward cautiously, tanto in hand as he took in the peculiar stillness of the bear paired with the comical lolling of its tongue. Its chest still rose and fell, so it wasn’t dead, probably, just shocked. How long was that going to last?

Poking the thing with the tip of his tanto, - not the best idea in hindsight as the bear‘s response was a sound Takeshi could only later classify as a snore. In the moment though, it sounded like the bear was waking up to resume its hunt, the thought making literal goosebumps break out across Takeshi’s arms. Instinct ruled his next actions as he turned his tanto hilt first, slammed the heavy part against the bears skull with a dull crack.

Snores stopped, bear went suspiciously still.

“B-bear? Your still alive right, bear?”

Kokoro

Now, he didn't expect the plan to work, which he was right, hell his worries were not dissuaded when they were found and dragged in for questioning... The sparkling eyed young man looked to his compatriots, then to their jonin, then to the big bald man... He squinted slightly as the sunlight bouncing off the bald guy's head into his eyes... He Hummed softly... before getting a plan.

"Mister! Mister mister!" he called up to the man, waveing and hopping like a joyful puppy meeting a new person.

"You look so cool!
Are you a pirate!?
Pirates are so cool!
Yar har!
Boom pow!
Cannons and stuff yea!?
Can i see your ship!?
Are you the captain!?
Wowiee mr your eye patch is so cool!
Did you get those scars from fighting a kraken!?
Are krakens real!?
If the big lady your first mate!?
is she your girlfriend?
Shes really pretty!
She should be your girlfriend!
She looks super strong though!
Super dee DUPER strong!
Golly gosh you are so cool lady!
I wish i was big as you!
Whats your name lady?
OH!!!
I know!
It's gotta be a secret!
Secret names are so cool!
I bet you have alot of secret names for the crew!
I don't like ships though.
I get sea sick lots and lots!
Super disappointing.
But I love fish!
Fish are great!
Do you like fish mr?
How did you loose your eye?
From the kraken right?
Yea!?
OH!!!
Thats a cool bridge! Can i see it?
Can I?
Can i?"

His relentless tirade almost over, the boy leapt up to the bridge, begining to clamber up to the flat surface above, stamping on it.

"NEAT!!
Did you guys build it yourselves?
My daddy built one like this before!
Super dee duper quick!
Well, not really, it fell apart.
But will this one fall apart Mr?
hey!
hey mr!
MISTER!!!
hey!!!!"

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy KageYuuki KageYuuki Ganryu Ganryu

Users who are viewing this thread