• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: Leaves in the Wind (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Because Raikage and to a lesser extent Killer B are all about dat pro wrestling inspiration. Scion knows himself some rasslin.

It’s one of AJ Styles go tos, not as often used as a finisher compared to the Phenomenal Forearm or Styles Clash (though about same use as the Calf Crusher).

A5DACB75-25A1-4D02-88CC-7A69330E80C6.gif

Quick Edit: Dang not as quick to the draw as I thought I’d be. Got beat in delivery. Needless to say pele kick a cool move.

Lol, my oc isn't much of a wrestler tbh. He only knows Lariat because his family is from the hidden cloud, and he uses lightning style

Although... while he's not a big muscle man...he could still use wreslting moves..
They are flashy..which works with his style

In a land dominated by tag teams, where their top drawing star have pro wrassle in their blood, I’d damn well hope you’d pick up pro wrestling.

See. Cruiserweight division is perfect then, it’s all about the flippystuff/spotmonkery there! Especially nowadays sans exceptions who focus on mat based game but those aren’t as common as flips and high spots. Most do not follow Drew Gulak’s “Rules for a Better 205 Live.”...

Your words are mostly going over my head I stopped watching wrestling when I was like 9. But yeah, ok I can totally make his taijustu wresting. I'm also going to give him a chakra release based on his clans Justu light release. All I know for sure is he gonna be fast. Scion, wanna help me on the doc? I ain't got all dat good wrestling knowledge

What he's saying is: "Not all pro wrestlers are big men, there's many styles that favor agile, high flying moves or down to earth technical wrestling. Also, the Land of Lightning is heavily wrestling-inspired and they work in duos which is the usual pro wrestling team setup".

As long as you made the switch to MMA instead. Frankly at this point it, in the sense of the major companies of the North American territory UFC and Bellator, does angles better than the WWE (TNA does a fine job) these days. Not to mention their promo packages are on par which has always been a consistent strength of WWE. Anyway I could go on, but suppose we are talking shop about cartoons.

Yeah sure man, I’ll help you with Pro Wrestling.

And yes what Zero said would be the translation.

What he's saying is: "Not all pro wrestlers are big men, there's many styles that favor agile, high flying moves or down to earth technical wrestling. Also, the Land of Lightning is heavily wrestling-inspired and they work in duos which is the usual pro wrestling team setup".
Oh no I caught that. I already know. Like I said watched it till I was like nine. Then still caught bits and pieces of it on tv every now and then. I just meant the stuff like Drew Gulaks Rules for a better 205 live. I recognize 205, just not sure what. All that means

Last edited:
Oh that’s just WWE’s attempts for a Cruiserweight Division. Drew Gulak is a no fun heel (read: bad guy) who hates high flying maneuvers. He gives PowerPoints about it. Basically he’s a newer Matt Striker if you know him.

As long as you made the switch to MMA instead. Frankly at this point it, in the sense of the major companies of the North American territory UFC and Bellator, does angles better than the WWE (TNA does a fine job) these days. Not to mention their promo packages are on par which has always been a consistent strength of WWE. Anyway I could go on, but suppose we are talking shop about cartoons.

Yeah sure man, I’ll help you with Pro Wrestling.

And yes what Zero said would be the translation.
Mk, then I'll send you the link to the doc. I'd post it in here but then it would be wide open for just anyone to jump in on it and see my horrid work

Oh that’s just WWE’s attempts for a Cruiserweight Division. Drew Gulak is a no fun heel (read: bad guy) who hates high flying maneuvers. He gives PowerPoints about it. Basically he’s a newer Matt Striker if you know him.
Yeah I vaguely recall Matt Striker

This was a holdover from the last GM. I feel like a lot of people take for granted that this is a thing that should happen in this sort of RP. I personally think it's not too great, especially to the people who get knocked out during the early rounds since they're kinda relegated to not doing anything if the GM can't come up with side content for the loser group.

I tried. Not many people here wanted to do a PvP tournie.
That sucks! I love PvP stuff! As for not being able to do anything after. That's not true, I'm sure they can do plenty of non exam related things. Have some side stuff for those who get knocked out early.

I dislike it so I'd be complaining about having nothing to do since I'd take a loss to not have to deal with freeform pvp

I dislike it so I'd be complaining about having nothing to do since I'd take a loss to not have to deal with freeform pvp
Like I mentioned could have some side stuff for those who dropped out to do. Not like you have to focus soley one the exam. But I guess I'll just have to figure out another way to have my character show off

This was a holdover from the last GM. I feel like a lot of people take for granted that this is a thing that should happen in this sort of RP. I personally think it's not too great, especially to the people who get knocked out during the early rounds since they're kinda relegated to not doing anything if the GM can't come up with side content for the loser group.
I dunno exactly what you mean by this being something people take for granted in this sort of Rp?? It is Naruto. A HUGE part of Naruto is the combat/techniques and people fighting each other, and on top of that, the 'Chunin exams' was among the more 'iconic' arcs of Naruto so I think it is actually quite natural that it is similar for Naruto roleplays. Personally, I think one of the major pro's of my past experience with Naruto RP's has been the PvP components. Also as for what you say about players being knocked out during early rounds and being relegated to doing nothing has an easy fix that may not need the GM to think of side content, simply have the players avoid each other or give them 'plot armor' and have them all go to the final rounds of the exam where the pvp stuff goes down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back