• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings MyValentina's Search Thread

myvalentina

A half forgotten song
Valentina's Search Thread
Simple Rules and
Things to Know
  1. I am 28 and I would prefer to RP with someone who is at least 18.
  2. No Godmodding
  3. No Explicit Sexual Content
  4. I prefer platonic and familial relationships to romance. Any romance will be discussed before hand. It's not a given between our characters.
  5. When it comes to possible romances, I have no preference over sexuality or gender pairings.
  6. My response speed is usually daily or every other day. Yours can be whatever.
  7. Bother me if I've taken a long time to respond.
  8. I consider myself an advanced lit. RPer. I usually type 1-3 paragraphs a post. I would like at at least 3 sentences or 1 paragraph in response. There can always be exceptions.
  9. I may be advanced but I don't do heavy world building. My style is just way more casual, but plotting is encouraged and fine by me.
  10. My time zone is US central. My active times are all over the place right now.
  11. I'm ditch friendly.
  12. I have no trigger warnings. Please alert me to any of yours.
  13. Please keep to this site at least for the actual RP. I'm shit at keeping up with other accounts.
  14. Have fun! :D If you aren't having fun please let me know or drop the RP.
Fun Stuff: Plots
These are mostly just jumping off points,
where I may or may not have a concrete idea. Please ask questions
and expand on anything you like. Or tell me of any similar plots you may have.​

The Stairs Behind the Stage
(Mystery, Horror, Teen or YA)

Hawthorne Middle/High School is big and old, and the grounds have been used for a multitude of things over the years, so its not surprising that it has it's fair share of stories attached to it, mostly horror stories. It doesn't help that kids have been disappearing from the campus for as long as it's operated as a school. Everyone has a favorite theory: escaped convicts, alligators in the sewers, ghosts, a witches cabal consisting of everyone's least favorite teachers, or a bottomless pit right under the school. The official story has always been that these kids have just run away, but that's no fun and nowhere near the truth.

Muse A and Muse B (or more muses if you like) are students at Hawthorne working on the school's yearly big, stage production when they accidentally go through a door that has never been there before. They find themselves lost in the depths of the School, a maze of old architecture and surreal mazes that don't feel like they could exist and with the way out gone. Our characters will be tasked with surviving a night down below while facing the secrets of what really has been stealing these kids away over the years. This plot has a lot of room to add you're own ideas of scary imagery and plots. This can also become an anthology RP of sorts with a new scary mystery cropping up after the first one is solved as our characters continue at the school. If we choose to have middle school kids I'll ask we don't force any romance on the characters.

Darling Familiar
(Fantasy or Modern)

When, for whatever reason, a young witch cannot attract a familiar or worse loses one, there are only a few places to go to find a new one. Maybe you can sit naked under a full moon chanting to attract one or maybe lure a popular one away from another witch, or put in the real work of sculpting an ideal partner from a lump of clay. But if none of these are viable options, come on down to Sunny's Home for Wayward Familiars. At Sunny's you can take your pick from a host of hardly ever used and wizened guide's to help you on your magical journey.
*** Sunny's home is not responsible for mismatched familiar/witch pairings. Once a contract is signed the familiar is your problem. We don't accept returns, give refunds,
and Sunny holds the right to withhold information on cursed or otherwise damaged familiars.

Basically this is an RP exploring a more complex relationship between a familiar and a witch. This can go a variety of different ways but I have a basic plot to start us off if you want to use it. I would prefer to play the familiar but we can discuss it more. Also this can be set in a typical fantasy setting like a medieval past or it can be modern too.

Plot: Muse A is a witch/warlock who has had very bad luck with keeping a familiar, enough so that it's hindering their learning without a guide to help find the right energies and spirits to grow their magic. Finally fed up with the regular process of attracting a spirit guide, they decide to check out a local shelter for Familiars. Muse B is a combative familiar, having forsaken their duties one too many times before being dropped off at the shelter. While not too keen on joining another witch, the shelter is ready to euthanize them if they don't get adopted so they chose Muse A without a second thought, hoping they'll choose them too. What they both don't realize is someone is out there stalking Muse A's familiars in an effort to stunt their magic so they don't reach their fullest potential.

The Suburban Gothic
(Modern, Surreal, Horror)

Evening sets and the streetlights go on, each one of them flickers when you walk under them. The Elm rd. cul de sac sometimes is impossible to get out of, even if you keep to the side walk you end up just passing the same houses until you can hitch a ride or cut through a backyard. The local pool is always closed for cleaning, but you're sure you hear something splashing there after dark, and the surrounding park is always extra wet in the mornings. The 24 hr drug store needs a password to get past the chip aisle and for whatever reason the night staff all wear sunglasses. Every Saturday morning, without fail, music blasts and lawn mowers run but you can never pin point what house they're coming from but it makes it impossible to sleep in. The raccoons and possums gather in the alleyways for midnight meetings and you're sure the cats are on to them. But most importantly if you spot someone looking out of 231 Applecore Way JUST KEEP WALKING.

This is more of a jumping off point. I love all the blank-gothic posts on tumblr and think it would be fun to apply that kind of idea to an RP. I live in a suburb so it's a little easier for me to think of creepy things for this, but I'm also not opposed to trying a different one. We can work on an overarching plot to go with this or just have our characters navigating the weirdness.

Wives and Molls
(Noir, Action, Mob)

When the Dons and their lieutenants got work to do in downtown L.A. they gotta drop everything by the wayside. That includes their better halves, and like good little wives they're expected to sit around and wait to see if their husbands survive the night, sometimes wishing they wouldn't. But that's the life, tied to a criminal underground where they're just as complicit as their husbands and they're at the mercy of their looks but survive by their wits. So if a mobsters wife wants a better life then she better be ready to get her hands dirty.

This is the only one of my plots that I could see their being a good romance between two Mobsters wives , but it's obviously open to be platonic or even have a rivalry going on there too. Set in the 40s in L.A. it'll be heavily Noir inspired but I'd like to focus on female characters instead of the usual hard boiled detectives and gangsters. If that's not your style we can go with a more conventional story, but I'd still like to play some devious, Moll lovers on the run from their husbands.

Plot: Muse A and Muse B are on a romantic double date, when their husbands are called away on Mob business. Left with nothing much to do but get to know each other, they realize they're both looking for a way out of this life. Together they begin to plot a way to rob their criminal husbands of most of their money so they can leave the country and live out their lives in a beautiful hacienda over looking the ocean or at least use it to do some good in the world. Undervalued and underestimated they just might be able to pull it off.

Lost in the Forgotten
(Surreal, Dream-Like, Adventure)

One second he was sitting in his car, parked on the ridge overlooking the lake. The next second he was sitting in a very ornate chair in a room that went on forever, every inch of forever filled with a clutter of all sorts of things. Old things, and very old things, and very, very old things. And new things. Things he didn't even know could exist. Big things and small things. And even buildings. And it was all awash in a pale blue light that seemed to come from nowhere. It felt like a dream, except he never woke up. It has been days. He was stuck here. Never hungry and only sleeping because he had gotten tired of exploring. Alone.

This is an idea I had for a fan fiction a while ago and just never got around to plotting it out. Basically I wanted to write about isolation and like materialism in a way. But this is like a dense writing task so it's gonna take a lot of descriptions of dream like situations if anybody is up for that. I usually take on Muse B so I can do some exposition dumps but really either are up for grabs as long as you are willing to talk this writing exercise out with me.

Plot: When things are forgotten sometimes they fall into another dimension. Toys, clothes, money, animals, and even, very rarely, people. Muse A gets sucked into this other dimension where they meet Muse B, who has been wandering this place for a long while and is ecstatic to finally meet another person. They work together to keep each other sane, finding all sorts of things and just exploring and discovering things while they open up to each other. Then something that had been forgotten since the dawn of humans finds them.

Fandoms
These will mostly be OCxOC unless there's a character I'm comfortable playing (the character name will be in parenthesis), but like I mentioned in the rules any romance will be discussed in the plotting phase. It won't be a given between our characters and more often than not I prefer platonic or familial pairings anyway. Please ask and I'll expand on any ideas I might have for any given fandom. Or feel free to let me know any plots you may have. Also most of these I'm a little rusty on so some brainstorming and refreshing will be needed.

• Bloodborne
  • Fallout, New Vegas, Texas Commonwealth (Travis Miles, Gloria Van Graff)
  • Doctor Who (Doctor)
  • Harry Potter
  • Silent Hill
  • The Tick 2017 (Arthur, The Tick, Ms. Lint)
  • Detroit Become Human (Connor, Hank, Markus, Kara, Amanda)
Anything else don't be afraid to strike up a convo with me by sending in a PM and see if we can work something out. I try to be super chill about this RP business since it's a hobby for me and I do it to have fun. If things ever become too stressful I usually step away from this website but I try to be considerate when I'm not overwhelmed. XOXOXOX

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back