• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ♦ Mythic's Quests [Advanced]

MythicRhythm

∎ Casual Novelist ∎
The Introduction

Greetings, and hello! My name is Rhythm, or- rather, that's what you can call me. Typically I skip introductions, simply because I'm seldom very good at them, but I thought it might be better to change up my approach this time around. I apologize in advance if I fail to cover any of the aspects that you'd really like to know, but I promise that's what private messages are for! I don't mind answering the questions you might have, and I'm more than willing to share relevant details about myself with my partners: should they ask for them. Otherwise, I'll avoid the awkward transition that usually occurs around this time and simply get into the meat of the post: my personal information!

On a roleplaying site -such as this one- I usually prefer starting with my literacy: its what's going to be the most applicable to our relationship, after all. Thus far, I've amassed around eight years of solid writing experience: done by myself or with a varying number of partners. In this expanse of time, I've managed to accumulate quite the fancy for original stories and detailed atmospheres. My love for extensive, fictional tales knows few limits, and any partner that can provide this for me deserves my attention weighted in tons. Specifically, I want to emphasize my heavy preference for original settings and characters. I don't mind fandoms, but they tend to require an additional twist as well as a lack of canon characters. I only work with originals, because they allow us to flex our creativity and make something that isn't defined by a predetermined mold. It just seems lazy to borrow off of the lore that someone else wrote: though I'm not knocking anyone who likes playing canons. I just prefer making something that's distinctly my own, even if they're placed in a universe that I didn't create.

Aside from my interest in originality, I suppose I should get into the mechanics of my writing. I tend to write between 4-8 paragraphs, and perhaps more when I'm particularly inspired. Just depends on what we're describing and how the role-play is going. I'm not incredibly harsh when it comes to grammar, but I do appreciate some literacy in anyone that approaches me. It enriches the experience, and I can rarely get behind lackluster attention to spelling and sentence structure. I have few requirements otherwise, as I really don't have a preferred genre that I enjoy writing in. I'll follow any path as long as it's enriched by adventure and some level of romance: I will admit that I'm a sucker for it, just slightly. When it comes to the usual partner vs. groups argument, I want to go ahead and say that I'm happy to be approached by either. It just needs to be in good taste, and seem well-crafted. That feels like everything for writing, so I'll finish with a few personal tidbits that might be fun for you to know: classically done in bullet form.
  • Favorite Music: Alt. Rock, Lyrical Rap, EDM, Musicals (Hamilton, etc.), and Classical
  • Favorite Foods: Cheesecake, Seafood, Pasta, and Mint Chocolate (Anything)
  • Favorite Hobbies: Writing, Reading, Soccer (Watching / Playing), and Running
Sorry for anyone that might've already read my introduction thread! Didn't want to waste time repeating what I already stated there, so I merely pasted it here! There's new content I promise. Just keep reading and you'll see it. For anyone who wants a short summary of what's written above, here's another bulleted list for you!

TLDR
  • Post-Length: 4-8 Paragraphs (Varies on Inspiration)
  • Settings: Anything goes, original characters required.
  • Pairings: Female Partners Exclusively (MxF)
  • Activity: One Post / Day (Minimum, exceptions made for real life)
  • Literacy: Advanced, Literate Partners Only.
  • Doubling: I can do this, always. Either gender playable.
  • Romance: Not necessary, but thoroughly enjoyed

What am I Looking For?

Literate partners that are capable of crafting intricate stories woven through unique settings and environments. Anyone with a penchant for long-term role-play designed to encompass multiple weeks, that requires detailed posts of around 4-10 paragraphs. If this is you, I'd love to receive an approach. That said, I will accept partners if they're not capable of matching the length mentioned above. I can handle a minimum of 3 paragraphs, if that's more your speed. Whatever the case, I don't mind the setting or type of story: as I've mentioned above. I'm willing to work with any interesting premise, as long as the partner is worth the time. The best way for me to show what really interests me is for me to offer up samples of my writing. If you feel that yours are comparable to the ones listed below, then perhaps we'll work well together! If not, I still wish you luck in your partner search. I will admit I'm rather picky at times!

WIP (Just wanted to post this to accrue interest. These samples will be completed soon, promise!)

WIP

WIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back